New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

For Malthos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may put a ring on immediately, but any more will take your move action. You may toss one to someone else as part of your move action as well, if you so wish.

Initiatives:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fredric: (1d20+3)[19]
    Taribo:(1d20+3)[9]

Monster: (1d20+6)[19]

For All:
    Everyone get's a Move Action before combat begins.

The Map (Finally):
    Spoiler
    Show

Monster Physics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is readily apparent that the monster is expanding, and will continue to expand for the relevent future. It's rate of expansion is 5ft (1square) in every direction, every turn.

Anyone caught within its reach shall be grappled, unless they succeed at a Strength, DC: 17, check. (Escape Artist shall work too, if you've got it.)

Once grappled, you will take 2d10 damage per round, untill you are ripped apart.

Each turn, you may attempt to break the grapple. However, each successive turn you remain grappled, the DC shall increase by +2.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-06 at 01:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Combat Order

19-Monster
    19-Fredric
    16-Malthos
    9-Taribo
    8-Kulkov
    6-Murgan

Kulkov, can I get a roll from you please?

Everyone has a Move Action before combat begins.

Fredric holds his action.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-08 at 09:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Malthos puts on one of the rings, and a slight disturbance appears in the air around him. He then proceeds to give the other ring to Fredrick, so that the feeble mage could defend himself properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Murgan takes a step back, raising his axe. Some dispassionate, calculating part of his mind, the part that keeps him alive, watches the pattern of the things expansion. He watches to see whether any more arms spring off from the first, and whether the fourth and fifth arms also came from the fingers of the second. He wonders if there appears to be a limit to how many new arms each arm will produce, and whether new arms only appear from the most recent arm, or whether the oldest arms continue to generate new limbs at an exponential rate. He tries to observe a pattern in where the arms appear from on each subsequent, and whether the first or second arm is some kind of "central" arm that might be a vulnerability.

He also looks to see if the first arm is still in physical contact with the altar, or the magical effect that sprung from it; whether the effect that brought the creature here merely dumped the arm and then dissipated, or whether it still appears to be powering the first arm.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Fredric takes the ring, but tosses it to Murgan with a shout.

"Murgan! Catch!". To Malthos he says, "My thanks, Malthos, but I've got a spell that shall take care of me for now..." he trails off into the beginning of an arcane formulae, tracing sigils in the air as he goes. A similar shimmering distortion appears in the air surrounding him, before he backs towards the rhythmic scraping of The Gauntlet...

Spoiler
    Show
    On his turn, Fredric casts 'Mage Armor'. +5 AC.

For Murgan (but also everyone, really):
    Spoiler
    Show
    There does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the creature's growth. The magical distortion dissapated immediately after dumping the first arm, and that first arm was quickly lost in the masses of the rest. There is no relation to where an arm springs from, or how many can grow from a single appendage, from one arm to the rest. There is no central organism, only the writhing, grasping, feeling mass.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-08 at 06:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Kulkav steps into the room, drawing his glaive.

"Murgan, I'd get back, were I you..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to move directly south of Malthos and draw glaive.
    Initiative - (1d20-1)[8]

Sorry for the delay.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Your time has come, spawn of Hell!
    Malthos takes the magical strength-enhancing bracelet and clasps it around his hand. He then brings his hammer down upon the beast, the snakes within his sleeves hissing in preparation.

Spoiler
    Show

Forgot to roll for my snakes (almost forgot they existed ).
    Snakes' Initiative:(1d20+7)[10]

Attack: (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage:(1d8+2)[6]
    Critical Confirm (if 20 on attack):(1d20+3)[8]
    Critical Damage:(2d8+4)[17]

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

Guess it's the snakes' turn....

The snakes within Malthos's sleeves do not leave their hiding place, but extend their bodies long enough to strike at the beast while Malthos swings his hammer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack Rolls:
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[6]
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d20+5)[12]
    (1d20+5)[12]
    (1d20+5)[18]
    (1d20+5)[12]
    Each does one damage.

Constitution damage from Posion (DC 10, in same order)
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[5]

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Kulkav nods in grim agreement, before crashing down with his glaive, seeking to cut apart the creature's rapidly-multiplying arms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll - (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage roll - (2d8+7)[15]

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

The magic of the bracelet giving strength to his arm, Malthos' blow smashes a hand into a bloody pulp, only to have it replaced by three more as he recovers... His snakes lash and strike, but have little effect... One is even caught by the head, yanked from Malthos' arm, and quickly lost in the sea of writhing hands...

Kulkov's furious blow crashes down on the creature, many of the appendages are severed clean off, and fall flopping to the floor... Even more, a veritable multitude of fingers, grasp the haft of the titanic glave as it passes, and tear the weapon from the goliath's grip like a toy from a boy playing in the yard...

And yet still it grows... Now filling the whole of the room before the party, and quickly encroaching upon them...

Spoiler
    Show

Malthos, I'm afraid your snake who botched is dead.

Kulkov, your glave is taken and destroyed. However, regardless, you still hit and dealt full damage.

The Monster held it's action, and now acts last.

Taribo Holds his action.

Murgan, it's your turn.

Note: Kulkov and Malthos must move backwards next round, or be caught in it's growth area.

As the thing rears up before them, Fredric balks...

"Gentlemen, there is a time for valiance, and a time for abscondence... I believe this time might be the latter..."

While he does not flee, his appreciation for the idea is readily apparent.

The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map Note: I reversed Malthos and Murgan by accident... Malthos should be next to Kulkov, attacking, while Murgan stepped back...
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-08 at 10:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Murgan snarls, pulling out a flask of Alchemists Fire and tossing it in to the central mass of the pile of arms that is approaching him. He takes the ring gratefully, swiftly putting it on.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[8] to hit, will expend precognition if it makes a difference.

He heads out of the room, and watches to see whether the fire does anything.

"If it doesn't stop growing, we'll have to head through that damn gauntlet! I don't even know which is a worse way to die."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

The flask shatters amongst the twisting mass of limbs, spraying flaming liquid over a great portion of the creature... The stench of burning flesh fills the area, and many and more limbs are reduced to but skeletal remains...

But to little effect... As the fire continues to burn, the creature continues to grow. Now tens and hundreds of hands and arms weave togather, grasping one another to form a single arm, a massive compound whole that explodes from the writhing mass...

Spoiler
    Show

The creature attacks Kulkov: (1d20+2)[16]

...The horrid fingers engulfing Kulkov, and striking him with such impossible force that the arm bursts through the flagstone wall, and smashes him against the next...

Spoiler
    Show
    Kulkov, take 12 Damage, and initiate grapple.
    Resist Grapple, DC:18...

Taribo jerks back from the thing, but then, with an odd gleam in his eye, the gnome withdraws the ork's battle axe from his pack, and falls on the creature, hacking into the massive limb as hard as his small arms will allow...

Fredric chants a phrase, and the dagger at his belt leaps into the air, hovering for a moment over his hand, before flying forth to slash at the fingers gripping Kulkov...

Spoiler
    Show
    Will make a separate post for Taribo and Fredric's rolls, and their effects...

The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-09 at 04:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Taribo's Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+1)[6]
    Damage - (1d8)[8]

Fredric's Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fredric casts 'Mage Hand'
    Attack - (1d20+4)[24]
    Damage - (1d4)[3]

Edit:I'll just give a x2 for the Crit so I don't have to post again, so a total of 6 damage for Fredric.

Edit:

For Kulkov:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Due to the exceptional damage dealt by Taribo and Fredric, your Grapple Resistance DC is modified by -3

Malthos, It's your turn.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-09 at 04:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Kulkav roars, his injured lungs hurling both sound and blood at the monstrosity, even as his muscles swell and strain, and he struggles desperately to free himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Mountain Rage via Instantaneous Rage.

Grapple check - (1d20+13)[18]

Down to 3/15 HP.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Malthos' eyes well with tears as his beloved snake is ripped apart by the monster. Little one, forgive me for my recklessness. No more of your siblings will die today.

The shaman's voice cracks as he speaks. Fredrick is right. This is a fight for another day.

Turning to the monster, he prepares to strike one more time before retreating. Crying an incantation and an oath of vengeance, he does not so much as groan as the blood is drained from his arms, and he brings his hammer crashing down on the avatar, the hammer's head coated in his own blood.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action to cast Blade of Blood (+3d6 damage, Malthos takes five damage, +1 to hit)

Attack (with both hands) as (you guessed it) an attack action.

Move as far away as possible from the enemy as a move action.

Attack Roll:(1d20+5)[19]
    Damage Roll:(1d8+3)[6]
    Bonus Damage:(3d6)[8]

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

As Taribo's axe and Fredric's dagger cut away great portions of the creature, Kulkov rips away from the grasping fingers, and slips from the arm's grasp...

Blood pours from from Maltho's arms, pooling around the head if his hammar... His vicious blow sends streams of the viscous fluid running in twisting rivulets down the flailing hands and fingers, searing flesh from bone as they go...

But the creature continues to grow, and Malthos falls back to the eastern hallway, fingers clutch and catch his cloak as he goes, but he escapes, tearing the hem away as he flees...

The creature fills the room, pouring out the door, and smashing down the intervening wall as if it were made if sand. The arm, already beginning to grow and spread of it's own accord... Dust begins sifting down from the ceiling, where the pressure exuded from the continually expanding monsterous creature is beginning to take its toll.

The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kulkov, it's your turn.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-10 at 03:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Kulkav notes the casual ease with which the creature has crushed its way through the walls, and clearly decides that discretion is now the better part of valor. As he tears away from the creature, he barges through the door. Seeing certain death on one side, and merely probable death on the other, he draws an immense shield from behind him, and rushes onward.

"NOTHING FOR IT! THROUGH THE GAUNTLET!"

With a powerful leap and flaps of his nascent wings, he weaves and rolls through the cavalcade of blades, the last few just barely grazing him as he hurtles past.

Hitting the ground running, he readies his shield, and dances through the spear trap. Each automated stroke is met with a wall of wood.

Upon arriving at the pit trap, Kulkav stretches out his arms, smashing his fist and the shield into the wall; he stretches out his wings, gaining all the lift that he can. Thus buoyed, he is able to remain in place while the floor falls out from under him, and he readies himself for the task ahead.

With a blast of air from his wings and a mighty push-off, he leaps toward the blasting area even as it fills with a fireball, successfully counting on it clearing up just before he arrives. While his scales are scorched by the residual heat, he rushes onward.

The goliath's impeccable timing proves to continue within the next trap, as he launches himself through the blowdart traps, dodging with great precision those few darts that he doesn't just avoid by sheer speed, before he blasts through the smashing section just as it opens again.

Finally, Kulkav confronts the greatest of the dangers of the gauntlet: the rapidly-spinning buzz saws. He hurls his tower shield into the hungry maws of one of the three sets, using the time they need to chew through it to dodge his way past the other six saws, and the swinging blades in the middle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Withdraw action, passing into the Gauntlet, to hopefully reach the other end, and find a way to shut it off for everyone else (after all, the trap's makers probably would not have made a whole section of their dungeon impassable to themselves...). Could Kulkav's lingering glances at the process before the group left count as studying it? If so, then he gets +4 to these checks. If not, this has a good chance of getting messy...

So, for the Swinging Blades, he'll be taking a Jump check.

Swinging Blades check - (1d20+30)[38] (vs. DC 17)

For the Spear Trap, he'll also be taking a Jump check.

Spear Trap check - (1d20+30)[42] (vs. DC 34)

*For the curious, Jump check breakdown:
    Spoiler
    Show
    4 ranks in Jump, +8 from Strength, +4 from Barbarian speed, +10 from his Dragon Wings trait, and against the weapon-based traps, he gains an additional +4 from his tower shield.

For the Pit Trap, it is my hope that Kulkav can avoid the need for a check, or get an easier Strength check from his methodology (for reference, his strength is presently greater than a Hill Giant's, and his load is presently Light, so it's my hope that keeping himself in place via friction should be a simple task). Since he is Large when he rages, he has enough reach to apply force beyond both walls. However, in case checks are necessary,

Pit Trap Strength - (1d20+8)[21]

please use this against either the normal DC or an easier Strength DC. His Str bonus is equal to his attack bonus, given the -1 from size (unless it's irrelevant for this purpose, in which case please add one more, and the shield can at least be used to protect against any impact, in which case add four more).

Next, Fireball trap. For this, Kulkav will Jump.

Fireball check - (1d20+26)[27] (DC 18)

Same for the Chompers.
    Chompers check - (1d20+26)[36] (DC 19)

Finally, the most dangerous part of the process: the Buzz saws. For this, Kulkav will go with an attack roll.

Buzz saw check - (1d20+12)[20] (DC 20)(+1 if size is irrelevant, +4 if his mental prep is sufficient for the trap)

Edit: BOO-YAH!
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2012-03-11 at 12:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Kulkov shows you all how it's done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice work, that was awesome.

For all: Yes, all previous bonuses for studying the trap still apply.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-11 at 01:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Murgan hesitates, then shakes his head in disbelief as Kulkov makes it over, once more in awe of that beast's raw power.

"Oh gods... oh gods... I'm going, I'm... rarrgh!"

Murgan lunges forward, darting between the blades and then neatly sliding underneath the last set. From then on his movement is a mixture of rolls and sidesteps and reflexes, as he tumbles this way and that as if blown by a random wind. He screams, partway across, though he's not hit; his face is one of panicked adrenaline.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Using tumble rolls. Following rolls will not include bonus. Will expend +2 Precognition roll on the first one I fail. (6d20+13)[15][1][19][10][16][8](82)

Bonus break down: +2 circumstance bonus studying, timing my rhythm +3, Magical Bonuses to Deflection AC +2, Tumble +6))

Swinging Blades success
    Spear Trap FAIL
    Pitfall success
    Fireball success
    Chomper success
    Buzz Saw success

Precognition not expended.
    Last edited by SlyJohnny; 2012-03-12 at 11:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

eek Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

Malthos' eyes are filled with fear as he watches Kulkov and Murgan bypass the traps. He is not an althete, nor is he an acrobat; he chooses to allow the forces of nature to guide him. Screaming an incantation, his hands are clouded in green mists, and a fierce-looking wolf appears before him. Without saddle or expectation of success, Malthos hops on the wolf's back, and attempts to guide the summoned beast across the gauntlet. As the wolf surges forward, the shaman guides the animal with his knees and feelings of empathy.

Spoiler
    Show

+2 Circumstance bonus form earlier, +3 deflection bonus to AC, and some sort of cover from the wolf. Malthos has a +7 bonus to ride checks (including a synergy bonus from handle animal). and a +8 to handle animal (including the inverse of said bonus). I'm not sure what to add to the d20 rolls, so I'll just roll and wait for my potential success. Malthos has a total bonus of +2 for reflex saves and dexterity checks.

I will use my reroll from the fortune domain on the first save I fail that would hurt me. If the wolf is killed (and thus returns to its place of origin) Malthos will continue to run. Here is the fortune roll. (1d20)[13]

And my six, unmodified rolls. (1d20)[2] (1d20)[17] (1d20)[16] (1d20)[4] (1d20)[4] (1d20)[14]

I really hope this works.
    Stats for the wolf are obviously in the animals section of the monster manual.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-12 at 03:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

The creature floods into the hallway after the party... Malthos wolf leaps past the first set of blades, deftly carrying him through the gauntlet, just as another massive arm explodes from the creature, catching Taribo around the waist, and yanking him back into writhing mass... In an instant he is lost, his horrid screams echoing down the passage...

Fredric turns white at the sight of his friend's fate, staggering back, and pulling up just before the first set of blades, he suddenly pauses in a moment of quiet...

"You worry too much about the numbers, Fredric. The magic has a rhythm, a beat, an ebb and flow... These are the things you must be aware of if your formulae have a hope to take effect..."

... And he steps almost calmly into the blades. Grasping fingers clutch at his ankles, but are swiftly severed by the blades...

Moving evenly, he makes his way past the first few traps with relative ease, the swinging blades and spears making short work of the creature's probing feelers... But it's growth accellerates ever more, and soon the very bulk of the thing snaps the blade posts and spears like twigs as it pours down the corridor...

Fredric begins to rush, his careful timing becomes less even as he hurtles onward, the creature approaching close behind him, the very walls of the dungeon beginning to shudder under the pressure of the creature... Then, with a deep rumble, they begin to give...

Massive stones crash to the floor, as the whole dungeon buckles against the monster... Fredric sprints forward, trusting to luck to carry him through the next bit, but his timing is off... With a desperate leap, he flies through the crushing ceiling, but was a hair late... The massive slab of stone smashes down, catching his left foot, and crushing it to a pulp...

He doesn't even make a sound... His eyes roll back in his head in blind agony, and for a moment, it looks like he won't make it. A moment later, though, his eyes snap open, and with an agonized shudder, he begins to crawl forwards... His slim frame fitting him just under the lowest of the buzz saws... He makes it about half way before a falling stone smashes two of the blades, and Kulkov leaps forward, lifting the smaller man like a rag doll, and pulling him to safety...

The integrity of the dungeon's support structure compromised, thousands of tons of rock fall, completely collapsing the gauntlet, and crushing the monster within...

Fleeing the collapsing area, the party follows the passage east, and then north, before the settling seems complete...

Barely a few moments later the party finds themselves battered, bleeding, but for the moment, safe.

For all:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You guys are totally badass!! All gain 2000xp

For Murgan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A spear grazes you, but doesn't slow you down. Take 2 damage.

For Malthos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll call it a Ride check, and you get an extra bonus from your Wisdom modifier, so it looks like you're clean. Nice move with the wolf, I didn't see that one coming. :-D

Fredric's Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fredric is using Spellcraft to time his way through, however, since he has to rush because of the monster, all his DCs are modified by +1.

Breakdown: Spellcraft+7, Mage Armor+5, Wisdom bonus+1, study bonus+2.
    Total Bonus: +15

Blades 16: (1d20+15)[17]
    Spears 17:(1d20+15)[29]
    Pitfall 18:(1d20+15)[21]
    Fireball 19:(1d20+15)[25]
    Chomper 20:(1d20+15)[19]
    Buzz saws 21:(1d20+15)[35]
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-12 at 06:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show

Is Taribo dead, then?

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Previously For Malthos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you flee through the gauntlet, you feel suddenly and horribly aware of Taribo's spirit, screaming and struggling to escape, suddenly dissipate... The very essence of his soul consumed by the vile deity.

As the dust settles, you find yourselves in a narrow passage stretching ever further off to the North.

A beautifully carved stone door sits in the western wall.

Fredric sits against the wall, wringing his hands, chewing his tongue, and expending great effort trying not to scream... His foot is mangled beyond recognition, and bleeding badly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fredric is at -2hp, and falling, and horribly crippled. (Getting hit brought him to 1hp, and the wound has been bleeding at a rate of -1/round since. It's been about 3 rounds.

The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-03-12 at 11:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

At this revelation, Malthos stands still, looking blank.
    There is no fate worse than having one's soul destroyed. Taribo was gone, all traces of his being forever destroyed. After all of his training, Malthos was still unable to realize the exact danger of their predicament.
    After all his training, Malthos had not been able to save Taribo.
    Taribo, who had saved Malthos from almost certain death when the party was attacked by insects.
    Taribo, who had shown Malthos unquestionable respect, despite his odd demeanor and foreign customs.
    Taribo, who alone had not fled when the monster attacked; the gnome, the smallest of the party, was the only one brave enough to defend his allies from the onslaught.

Taribo was gone forever, his soul and body destroyed.
    Gone forever, because of Malthos. He could have protected the little sorcerer, he was stronger, hardier; but he had fled, leaving the two weakest of the party behind. Malthos had acted brave, altruistic and wise in the past, but when faced with real danger, he had chosen his own life, his own soul, before those of those who could not defend themselves.

Taribo was dead because of him; and Malthos would be damned before he let Fredrick share the gnome's fate.

Drawing again from the power of nature, Malthos brings to being another wolf, standing between Fredrick and the avatar. Signaling to the new wolf and the one which he had summoned previously to defend Fredrick from the avatar, he yells Come on, Fredrick! The wolves will hold the beast!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

The wolves buy Fredric precious seconds at the start of his run.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Kulkav stares for a long moment at the destruction behind the group. He then gently lays Fredric on the floor, and glances back to Malthos.

"...Can you restore his foot? We should probably press on when we can."

Spoiler
    Show
    That was truly epic.

I've forgotten, do we level immediately, or after rest?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You all may level up immediately. New Feats, Hit Point Maximums, and abilities shall take effect immediately. However, you shall not gain current Hitpoints, or prepared spellslots (even though they are available) untill you have rested/healed, and prepared your spells.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Malthos stares blankly for a long moment, before muttering.I can stop the bleeding, but I'm afraid that I am nowhere near skilled enough to restore a lost body part. He pauses for a moment. Tomorrow, we should hold a funeral for Taribo, to...guide his spirit to the next world. Malthos cannot tell the others the truth- they must feel terrible enough as is; the terrible reality would do nothing but bring more pain- this would have to be Malthos' secret torture, for the time being.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Kulkav nods, and slumps against the wall.

"For now, though, best to keep the lives he protected. Let's heal our wounds as best we can, then move on. One of my javelins can serve Fredric as a crutch."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Malthos is silent for another long moment, before starting. Oh yes, of course; you need healing. The shaman approaches Kulkov, then Fredrick, then Murgan, granting each of them a healing spell. Slumping against the wall, he uses his lesser healing spells to heal his own, self-inflicted cuts.

Spoiler
    Show

Replacing my three remaining 1st-level spells for Cure Light Wounds

Kulkov: (1d8+2)[4]
    Fredrick: (1d8+2)[6]
    Murgan: (1d8+2)[6]

Replacing all five 0th-level spells for Cure Minor wounds- Casting three on Malthos, the remaining two on Kulkov.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-03-13 at 08:34 PM.