Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1764
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Maltho's eyes roll back in his head and his body crumples as his spirit leaves him...

    Fredric lunges forward to catch him, cursing as he holds the shaman's limp body up and braces himself against the surging crowd, and the very real danger of being trampled, while Kulkov rushes to meet the charging horsemen...

    Suddenly, the first of the Slaver's horses jerks and swerves, coming into Kulkov's easy reach as the goliath brings his titanic, jagged glave to bear in a blow that severs its rider's torso from his waist...

    ... The bloodspray gets in his eyes, however, and causes him to miss his follow up blow against the second rider, but the man crumples from his saddle none the less, one of Vlorah's daggers protruding from the back of his neck.

    A moment later, the very grass comes to life, lashing out with twisting leaves and roots, wrapping vehemently about any it can grasp, and pulling them firmly to the earth, sending one horse and rider sprawling, and bringing two more to near a near halt, as they entangle and trap the great mass of refugees within their reach...

    At the far edge of the crowd, the second wave of slavers have segregated small groups of refugees, and entrapped them in nets.

    One rider, far in the rear, pulls to a halt, and brandishes a thin stick... Abruptly, three earthen beasts melt up from the plain and move to the small groups, beating into submission those who would resist, and securing closed the nets...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fredric's Initiative: (1d20+3)[8]

    Malthos, you have your horse.

    Vlorah, as Kulkov destroyed your flanking target, I had you re-target Slaver3. You don't have a flank, but since you're a halfling in a mass of humans, you still got your Sneak Attack.

    Elias, your Entangled area is noted by the 'Vines'.

    The Slaver Leader uses a Wand to command 3 pre-summoned Small Earth Elementals, as noted by G1,2,3.

    S2 and S3 from group A are dead, killed by Kulkov and Vlorah respectively.

    Their horses are still alive, however, and Malthos is possessing the horse of S2.

    S4 has collapsed and thrown its rider. Both horse and rider are currently prone.

    S1 has been slowed this round, but will be back up to speed next.

    In Group B, S2 was also slowed.

    The Map:
    I'm afraid I'm without my computer, so this map is hand drawn. It is, however, on graph paper, and so is accurately to scale. I hope it proves sufficiently legible.
    Spoiler
    Show


    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-09 at 12:24 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Combat Order

    24- Malthos
    13- Kulkov
    10- Vlorah
    10- Slavers
    9- Elias
    8- Fredric

  3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Malthos focuses his will, and calls forth the spirits of the other bandits' horses to obey his whim. He feels the pain therein; the innocence inherent in creatures with such feeble intellect worn away, whipped away by these cruel men...these cruel riders. He whispers into their minds not a command, but a feeling of empathy- of understanding. These poor beasts wanted for nothing, but he would give them something to live for; the same thing that had kept him living all these years, against every obstacle.

    Revenge.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using my Animal Control Feat, (which I just took this level) which allows me to rebuke/command animals as a cleric rebukes undead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    NOTE: I took this feat from Masters of the Wild. It's a 3.0 book, so I suppose I should have asked you first, so feel free to object if it's banned.


    I am commanding the horses to attack the slavers, particularly those riding them (though if those are dead, they are suggested to find others). Probably by throwing them off, then trampling them if possible.

    Rebuking check is obselete, as I can affect animals of up to the horses' HD no matter what the results. As all of the horses are at least half my HD, they follow my commands rather than simply being rebuked.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-11-09 at 09:45 PM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Woops, I forgot to roll the Rebuking Damage:
    This effects horses within 60 feet of me, starting with those that are closest.
    (2d6+8)[18] (Total number of HD of horses I control)

    Edit: I guess that's the six closes horses. Huzzah!
    Edit again: I just noticed that that would only be two horses or so. I'm going to move to a more convenient spot before rebuking, just give me time to find one.
    Edit III: Got it. I'm moving into the four squares directly between the letters A and C (horses are large, remember?) This way, I affect the horses of (listed as Group letter+rider number): F1, F2, C1, A1, E2, G1
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-11-09 at 09:52 PM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Seeing his path forward blocked by lashing vines, Kulkav pushes through the throng of people to his west, his polearm seeking out the slavers on the other side...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not clear on how long it takes to push through crowds as a Large, 26 Strength creature, so just stating that he'll move as far as he can, and, if he can get within 20 feet of Slaver B3, attack. If he can manage to get within 20 feet of two of the slavers from group B, ideally those who have not been yet impeded, he will instead use Steel Wind, to attack them both.

    Attack 1 - (1d20+13)[28]
    Damage 1 - (2d10+13)[25]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+13)[17]
    Damage 2 - (2d10+13)[22]

    Ignore the attacks as is appropriate.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2012-11-10 at 08:41 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



  6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    With sudden decisiveness, the riderless horse wheels and bolts back whence it came, leaping over the grasping vines, to rear and bluster defiantly at the slavers...

    As though called to action by their brother, many of the other horses suddenly turn against their riders, bucking and stomping at their masters.

    All the while, the crowds flood and flee before the slavers as Kulkov bolts through a break in the multitude, and smashing one of the riders from his horse as he attempts to flee...

    The outer groups of Slavers bank away from the crowd's center, dividing them further, as they circle around back towards those already taking prisoners...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kulkov, you'll need to double move to get over there, but you'll still get an Attack of Opportunity against S2 as he rides past.

    For all, Moving through the crowds requires 2 squares of movement for each 1 square you move through... i.e., your speed is halved. (Providing you don't want to plow them over.)

    Malthos, you are curently possessing Group A, Horse 2 (labled 'H2'). Your body is still 'M' down with Fredric.

    The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show



    As you can see, the scene has changed rather dramatically.

    A few notes:
    The dotted area indicates the reach of Malthos' turning.

    S2 of Group B is actually dead, Kulkov just killed him (I forgot to remove him before taking the picture)

    I've moved Fredric for his action even though it wasn't his turn yet... He's not going to do much anyway.

    please ask me to clarify stuff if you need me too, I know the pencil drawing is a little hard to read.


    Horsy Combat:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Group A
    Slaver1: Ride - (1d20+8)[12]
    Horse1: Buck - (1d20+9)[16]

    Group C
    Slaver1:Ride - (1d20+8)[18]
    Horse1: Buck - (1d20+9)[14]

    Group E
    Slaver2: Ride - (1d20+8)[9]
    Horse2: Buck - (1d20+9)[18]

    Group F
    Slaver 1:Ride - (1d20+8)[21]
    Horse 1: Buck - (1d20+9)[21]

    Slaver 2:Ride - (1d20+8)[10]
    Horse 2: Buck - (1d20+9)[21]


    Vlorah, it's your turn.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-11 at 04:13 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Afraid to be left alone among the masses of fleeing people, Vlorah follows Kulkov as closely as she can, taking advantage of his massive frame to stay in the free space that is left in his wake.
    Due to a severe personal crisis my activity will low over the next few days. Please be patient, I will be back to normal in a few days. Thank you for your understanding!

    Act well before thinking!


  8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Slavers have moved already, so Elias, you're up.

  9. - Top - End - #1029
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, map doesn't load on my work compy so doing this from memory


    Elias starts heading towards the group of unimpeded slavers on the far right. He tries to push through the crowds to reach them, having variable success among the panicked masses. He yells behind him to the priest on his way, shouting out Turn your magic onto the slavers! Protect your people!.

    Spoiler
    Show

    if I can reach the nearest slaver this round, attack with sword of destiny
    (1d20+9)[12]
    damage
    (1d6+3)[7]
    crit confirm
    (1d20+9)[21]
    crit damage
    (2d6+6)[14]



    If I can't reach the slaver, throw an axe at the nearest one instead.
    (1d20+8)[18] -4 for every 10 feet, hoping to draw his attention even if it misses
    damage
    (1d6)[5]

    Last edited by Quakes; 2012-11-15 at 11:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Elias pushes his way through the crowd, shouting to the priest, but in the mass of panic, its impossible to tell if the priest heard, or even where he is...

    Pushing on regardless, Elias breaks out of the crowd well behind the charging slavers, hurling an axe after them, and sinking it deep into the back of the closer rider...

    ... The man jerks on the impact, and falls from his horse. A moment later though, he staggers to his feet, and rips the axe from his back...

    Far in the rear, the lone Slaver makes a wide gesture, and bolts of crackling energy streak and twist out from his hand, smashing into the defiantly rearing horse...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias, you're not going to be able to get into melee range this round, but go ahead and give me damage rolls for Sneak Attack and Ambush. They'll both apply to the axe throw.

    Slaver Leader casts Magic Missile at Malthos(Horse), CL 5:
    Damage:
    (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d4+1)[3]

    The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show



    Malthos, it's your turn.
    Unless the possession power allows you to keep your own hitpoints, the horse has a total of 19hp. Also, what happens if the body you're possessing dies?
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-18 at 06:01 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #1031
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    cool, wasn't sure if those would apply
    sneak (1d6)[3]
    ambush (1d6)[2]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    Spoiler
    Show


    Slaver Leader casts Magic Missile at Malthos(Horse), CL 5:
    Damage:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]

    Malthos, it's your turn.
    Unless the possession power allows you to keep your own hitpoints, the horse has a total of 19hp. Also, what happens if the body you're possessing dies?
    Spoiler
    Show

    My body takes half the damage the possessed body takes. If that body dies, my soul returns to my body, provided that my body hasn't sustained so much damage that I die.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Malthos singles out the bandit leader, and brays as he stamps his host's hooves upon the ground. The horse's eyes glint with human intelligence, and quite suddenly, a fist-sized, smoking globe of fire roars forward toward the bandit chief, before a massive explosion rips across the landscape with searing force.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Huzzah for the flame domain!
    Taken a five-foot step away, then casting Fireball, centered on the square between groups e and f. Also applying the Sudden Widen, Sudden Empower, and Sudden Maximize feats to this spell. (I simply love them)

    That adds up to 6d6 (maximized to 36) + (3d6)[9] damage in a 40-foot radius burst around the square, which should hit the bandit leader as well as all the members of those two groups, who must make a reflex save (DC 17) to halve said damage.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    For Malthos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So it's entirely possible for your body to die and you to get stranded in the body you possess. Awesome.

    To ahead and take your action.

  15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    For Malthos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So it's entirely possible for your body to die and you to get stranded in the body you possess. Awesome.

    To ahead and take your action.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Happens I have, see above. I get the fireball spell from the flame domain- practically the only reason I chose it.

  16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    In a blinding explosion, the air is suddenly filled with the screams of the dying as the flames of Malthos' spell rip across the field. With no hope of escape, the trapped and netted refugee's are burnt to smoldering husks of charred and burning flesh even as their would be captors fall beside them... One managing to slide off his horse and crawl away rolling madly on the ground to extinguish the flames, but burnt horribly beyond recognition.

    The Leader, quick as a flash, slips backwards off his horse, even as the animal is incinerated, and rolls away unscathed...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Slaver reflex saves, DC 17:
    Group E:
    Slaver1:(1d20+3)[9]
    Slaver2:(1d20+3)[6]

    Group F:
    Slaver1:(1d20+3)[22]
    Slaver2:(1d20+3)[14]

    Leader: (1d20+8)[22]

    Malthos, please adjust your alignment one step towards Evil, as you sacrifice over 30 refugees to get at 5 slavers.

    Kulkov, it's your turn.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-20 at 02:55 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    In a blinding explosion, the air is suddenly filled with the screams of the dying as the flames of Malthos' spell rip across the field. With no hope of escape, the trapped and netted refugee's are burnt to smoldering husks of charred and burning flesh even as their would be captors fall beside them... One managing to slide off his horse and crawl away rolling madly on the ground to extinguish the flames, but burnt horribly beyond recognition.

    The Leader, quick as a flash, slips backwards off his horse, even as the animal is incinerated, and rolls away unscathed...


    Slaver reflex saves, DC 17:
    Group E:
    Slaver1:[roll0]
    Slaver2:[roll1]

    Group F:
    Slaver1:[roll2]
    Slaver2:[roll3]

    Leader: [roll4]

    Malthos, please adjust your alignment one step towards Evil, as you sacrifice over 30 refugees to get at 5 slavers.

    Kulkov, it's your turn.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My, oh my. I suppose I should have been vigilant about that. Ah, well. No turning back now. I suppose I'll have to lie to the others about it, lest they get angry. Luckily, I'm not alignment-bound, and Malthos isn't the best of people, but I don't think he's so bad that he would want to sacrifice 30 people to destroy 5 who weren't even much of a threat, so I suppose he'll try to atone for his wicked deeds.
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-11-20 at 04:33 PM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Kulkav's attention is ripped from the foes that he had sought out by the explosion, before he looks back, a tremendous fire burning in his eyes.

    "Monsters..."


    He strides forward ignoring the rider he'd just struck prone, and, with a single swing of his glaive, attacks two of the slaver's comrades.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to the west, Steel Wind against Slaver 1 and Slaver 3.

    Attack 1 - (1d20+13)[25]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+13)[33]
    Damage 1 - (2d10+13)[24]
    Damage 2 - (2d10+13)[18]
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



  19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    For Kulkov:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooh, give me a Confirmation roll for that Critical on your second attack.

  20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, missed that.
    Crit Confirm - (1d20+13)[24]
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



  21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Seeing Kulkov turn away from the man he just killed, Vlorah runs after him, staying close enough to be of assistance if needed, but far enough so that she does not hinder him in any way.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Edit: changed after DM's comment below :)

    Can she CdG the downed man? I guess not. Sneak attack?
    Whatever, I will just roll the dice and let our DM sort it out :)

    Thrown dagger, no special bonus for down/prone/whatever included:
    attack: (1d20+13)[21]
    damage: (1d3+3)[4] + possible sneak damage: (3d8+6)[13]
    If the slaver is evil the damage counts as good aligned....
    Last edited by Simba; 2012-11-23 at 04:31 AM.
    Due to a severe personal crisis my activity will low over the next few days. Please be patient, I will be back to normal in a few days. Thank you for your understanding!

    Act well before thinking!


  22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    For Vlorah:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ack, sorry for the lack of clarity. That guy Kulkov knocked off his horse is already dead. I just forgot to remove him before I posted the map.

    Sorry about that.

  23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    With a single mountainous blow, Kulkov ends the fleeing slavers, as Vlorah follows up behind him, a knife in each hand at the ready... Though they prove unnecissary, as the activity there abouts begins to die down, the greater portion of the mob retreating off to the west.

    Through the smoke pouring off the field of smoldering corpses, the Slaver's leader rushes off on foot. As he goes, another series of crackling bolts burst from his wand, winding through the air, and slaming into blustering horse responsible for the devastation... It's more than the beast can handle, and with a final, defiant cry, the majestic creature collapses to the ground lifeless...

    ... Far behind Malthos' pale eyes flicker open, bizzare burns running the length of his body where the spiritual feedback has manifested physically upon his person.

    Off to the south the slaver Elias hit scrambles to his feet drunkenly, blood running freely from the cut in his armor from where he removed Elias' axe.

    With a lost look on his face, he staggers after his horse, trying to bring it to rein, and make his escape...

    Off to the East, the remaining slavers are attempting to cut their losses, latching the great nets to their steeds, and dragging their live cargo off as fast as they can without killing them...


    Spoiler
    Show

    For Malthos:
    Slaver Leader again casts Magic Missile at your horse.
    Take damage:
    (3d4+3)[11]

    That puts you back in your body with (I believe) 10 damage.

    For Kulkov and Vlorah, while you've killed all the slavers in that group, their horses are free and available, if you're interested.

    Elias, it's your turn.

    The Map:
    Spoiler
    Show



    A note on my confusing directions, the top of the map is actually East, rather than North. (You may recall from when I first described the scene). It was much easier to draw and keep track of oriented this way, but does make things a bit unclear.

    As such, Kulkov is furthest North, Eias is furthest South. Fredric and Malthos are in the West, and the Slavers were attacking from, and now retreating too, the East.

    I hope that all was helpful :-/


    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-24 at 05:24 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #1044
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Elias looks around the battlefield, trying to ascertain the best way to save the most prisoners possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias finds the closest slaver with a net and attempts to rid the world of that one.

    spot to find the best target
    (1d20+9)[11]
    attack the target
    (1d20+9)[25] (-1 if i have to use an axe)
    damage
    (1d6+3)[7] (-3 if using axe)
    ambush if it applies
    (1d6)[1]
    sneak if applicable
    (1d6)[2]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  25. - Top - End - #1045
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    so many possibilities when i don't know who i'm attacking!
    if in melee - crit confirm with sword of destiny
    (1d20+9)[15]
    damage
    (2d6+6)[16]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    For Elias:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Groups D and G are the ones dragging off prisoners, and are doing so on horseback. You'll need a horse to keep up with them.

    The guy you axed (S3 of Group C), is in easy melee range, and has a horse, so he's probably your best bet, unless you'be got some other transport trick up your sleeve.

    Edit/: Also, I think you should be rolling 3d6 for your Ambush... It scales at the same rate as a Rogue's Sneak attack, so as a Ranger 5/Rogue 1, you'll be getting 3d6 Ambush, and 1d6 Sneak Attack.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-25 at 01:28 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    The elegent sword leaping to his hand, Elias lunges forward, covering the distance to the bleeding slaver in but a few well measured steps, and slips the point of his blade under the man's arm and into his heart...

    ... With only a bit of a gurgle, the man crumples into a heap beneath his horse...

    ...

    With Malthos awake again, Fredric releases him and charges forwards, his hands digging into his pouches, and tracing rough sigils over his body as he goes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fredric moves forwards, and cast's False Life.

    Malthos, its your turn.

  28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fates's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Malthos looks around at all the burning bodies of the poor, innocent men, women, and children. Still kneeling on the ground, he mentally curses his own utter recklessness as he begins vomiting uncontrollably. Returning to his senses, he unsheathes the wickedly curved ceremonial dagger he found within the dungeon. He contorts his body, so as to make it impossible for his allies to see whathe is attempting as he lifts the dagger in his shriveled, blistering, shaking hands...

    ...and plunges it into his own gut, twisting it as he does in an attempt to make hinself feel as much pain as possible. This, Malthos decided, was the least he deserved for what he'd done. He groans, murmuring a prayer to the dark god in request for an audience, before collapsing again to the ground, his white cassock wet with blood and vomit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Blade of Blood and stabbing myself with the dagger.

    That amounts to:
    5 damage from casting the spell,
    (3d6)[12] damage from the spell,
    And (2d4+2)[8] damage from the dagger (as I'm stabbing myself, I assume I'm allowed to make it an automatic critical?)

    ...which brings me down to -1 HP. Spot on.

    Last edited by Fates; 2012-11-25 at 07:09 AM.
    Formerly known as MasterofFates

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Master I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    MasterofFates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.


    Avatar by Gurgleflep

    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

    Edwin

    Iron Penguin


    Sublimepie



  29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    For Malthos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before your eyes, history repeats itself... The blazing fires, the agonized screams of the dying, and the innocent being dragged off to slavery, all for your weakness and inability to protect those who need it...

    Overcome with weight of the responsibility, you take the only salvation left to you, and with iron clad resolution, you plunge the dagger into your gut, hoping against hope that whatever abysmal god the dagger serves might bargain your soul for those you've slain... But in that last moment, the chain about your throat twists and tightens sharply, gagging you, robbing the strength from your thrust, and, even as you fight against it, allowing you to inflict a deep, but only a superficial wound... In the same moment, great thick chains materialize from the chocker, and twist and whip about you in a cyclone of ringing metal, wrapping and weaving around you, shackling your throat, wrists and waist...

    ... In a moment of epiphany, you realize that The Chains shall not allow you to shirk your duty to your people so easily... Equally so, you understand that the plight of all so condemned rests on your shoulders...

    ... Limp in your hand, the dagger sits unchanged, and unaware of the sacrifice you attempted to provide.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You fall to 5hp, rather than -1.

    The Chains of Duty now cover you from neck to waist, and provide protection equal to a +1 Chain Shirt, with all associated Armor Check Penalties and %Spell Failures, and you are considered to be at Medium Encumbrance.

    The shackles get beneath, and pop off any bracelets or bracers you were wearing. In their place, they provide a +4 bonus to your Constitution.

    Additionally, you gain a +1 bonus to your Spell Save DCs. (Though you must contend with the %spell failure whenever you cast.)


    For Everyone Else:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behind you, you see Malthos jerk into a huddled position, and then arch back, gagging and clawing at the chain about his throat... A moment later great thick chains materialize from the chocker, twisting and whipping about him in a cyclone of ringing metal, wrapping and weaving, shackling his throat, wrists and waist...

    ... The moment passes, as he kneels looking bewilderedly about...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kulkov, it's your turn.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 2012-11-26 at 04:19 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sucrose's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest U.S.

    Default Re: [Group 2] The World's Largest Dungeon - IC

    Kulkav has not yet looked back; his eyes yet burn red with flame. He launches himself forward, moving with utmost speed to the east...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Run 80 feet to the east, to get into range to stop the remaining slavers. If he gets the opportunity, he intends to sunder some of the nets.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

    Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •