New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn II: Title, Title, Who's Got The Title?

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    ... Um...
    Where's Arcadia?

Nycca frowns again, confused.

Lancaster

The blonde blinked in her own confusion. "You know, Arcadia. Beyond The Hedge. True Fae can make Gateways to reach the Hedge." Lancaster was so confused and frustrated at the same time. She did remember her master telling her that there were some fae deemed too weak or that they did something wrong in the Gentry's eyes and were banished from Arcadia. Could this be one of them? Lancaster had never encountered a banished fae from before. Maybe that's why she wasn't feeling that sense of dread? Hauh. So much confusion and it wasn't even the good kind of confusion.

Lancaster frowned. "How can you not know? Are you not a True Fae?"

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Um... I may or may not be.
    Are Molossa under your definition of True Fae?
    I don't know what The Hedge is either so I might not be.

Sorry.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Um... I may or may not be.
    Are Molossa under your definition of True Fae?
    I don't know what The Hedge is either so I might not be.

Sorry.
    There was no classification or different 'species' of True Fae, they were just whatever they felt like being. Pixies, fairies, bridge trolls, hags, one eyed monster centipedes with the head of a lion and 'tail' of a snake, there were no classifications or definitions, in Lancaster's Arcadia that is.

But to not know what The Hedge was. That was the deal breaker.

Lancaster glowered, this was no true fae, but a pretender, obviously. A pretender who knew how to speak the language of The Fair Folk. Yea. Totally. That must be it! But wait, why did she feel the intense *attraction to this...whatever that was not a true fae.

"I see, you are not a True Fae...."
    She sighed feeling more confused than ever.

*not a sexual or romantic sort, just more like intense spidey senses, for fae
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-11-16 at 09:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about that...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Lancaster

Lancaster narrowed her blue eyes. Also, a True Fae would never apologize, and if they did, they didn't mean it anyway. Her master would always apologize after he would hurt her but he didn't mean them, the concept of truly being sorry did not exist within the Gentry, they were all flankholes let's be honest. But still, Lancaster wanted to go back, because it was a familiar place, her Arcadia that is. She clutched her head feeling a pain that she would not be able to identify as her connection to Arcadia severing. Her memories of that place would eventually at some later point feel more like a dream. She wanted to go back, she was also worried that her master would be angry at her for not being there. Though he probably didn't care that much and would maybe find himself a new mortal to take her place. Ha. Ha.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lancaster]

Talina reaches into her pocket, though she doesn't pull anything out yet, and returns the glare Lancaster is giving Nycca.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

So.
    Um.
    What happens now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #728
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'll tell you what!" Ceres slams his flask down onto the table, happyface side up.

"I'll tell you a story of the fair folk an' take yer minds off all this nonsense y'hear? Only cost yeh a trio of silvers between the three of yeh, and we can all have uhselves a good larff about it afferwards ehwot?" Uh... Ceres? You do know you look like a ponce right now... right?

It seems he's gone full on cockney pirate now folks, this can't be good.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Lancaster

More words she did not understand. She then looked at Nycca for a translation of whatever this...man said.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Banned

((I love how Nobody Noticed That My GRANDMOTHER DIED, Despite that I Said it.))

Ashtrek sits and Fiddles with her new Collar.

11. - Top - End - #731

((You can't blame someone for not noticing with how big Nexus is, not everyone reads every thread, heck, I may be the only one trying my best to read every thread. I'm sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like to lose a beloved grandparent))
    Songdancer gets the cold shoulder and goes back to the stage, mulling over his next song.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #732
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    ((You can't blame someone for not noticing with how big Nexus is, not everyone reads every thread, heck, I may be the only one trying my best to read every thread. I'm sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like to lose a beloved grandparent))
    Songdancer gets the cold shoulder and goes back to the stage, mulling over his next song.
    Yes, But I Figured People who READ THIS THREAD WOULD SEE IT>

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

((I noticed, but I wasn't sure if any sort of response was desired or anything, so I just kept on with what I was doing.))

Talina, noting Lancasater's confusion, says, in heavily accented, but still understandable, Fair Tongue <"Do you use this tongue because you want privacy, or do you not understand Common?">
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-11-17 at 05:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    ((I noticed, but I wasn't sure if any sort of response was desired or anything, so I just kept on with what I was doing.))

Talina, noting Lancasater's confusion, says, in heavily accented, but still understandable, Fair Tongue <"Do you use this tongue because you want privacy, or do you not understand Common?">

Lancaster

<"Huh?..."> Lancaster narrowed her eyes why this...mortal seemed to be able to speak the Fair Tongue. Keeping her eyes on this...mortal she answered anyway. <"No...I do not, not really anyways.">

15. - Top - End - #735

"Stupid deadtime . . ."
    Naku mutters to herself, finally un-deadiming.
    Her player does apologize, but the homework load has been fairly insane lately.
    "And I completely missed everyone.
    Joy."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Lancaster

<"Huh?..."> Lancaster narrowed her eyes why this...mortal seemed to be able to speak the Fair Tongue. Keeping her eyes on this...mortal she answered anyway. <"No...I do not, not really anyways.">
    <"If you would like, then, one of us can provide a translation of what he said. Though if it ends up being me, I apologize in advance for my accent, and any mistranslations I make; Nycca has taught me enough of the Fair Tongue to get by, but I am by no means fluent.">

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Stupid deadtime . . ."
    Joy."
    Lellienth turns to her, if she's still undeadtimed, and says "Perhaps, at that point. But I'm around now, if you wish to talk more."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-11-18 at 03:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Stupid deadtime . . ."
    Joy."
    Hop.
    Skip.
    Jump.
    Naku might find herself being hugged by Songdancer.
    He had missed her too.
    This was because she was level-headed, smart, and a fun person to talk to.
    And she hired him even though he was a pony!
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

If she does, Lellienth will stare confusedly at the sight, trying to figure out how a pony is hugging someone.

19. - Top - End - #739

As Songdancer continues his slow mow hugging attempt, he does so like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

<"If you would like, then, one of us can provide a translation of what he said. Though if it ends up being me, I apologize in advance for my accent, and any mistranslations I make; Nycca has taught me enough of the Fair Tongue to get by, but I am by no means fluent.">
    Lancaster kinda just glowered in annoyance, not sure what she was glowering at or why, maybe it was this person, maybe it wasn't, I dunno even know, maybe she was just glowering to glower for glowerings sake.

<"Answer me this....Just where am I?">

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

<"You are in the Nexus. More specifically, this building is the Dancing Fox Inn.">

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

<"You are in the Nexus. More specifically, this building is the Dancing Fox Inn.">
    Lancaster

<"What is...this Nexus?">
    She asked, making an attempt to gain some clarity on this whole...unfamiliar situation.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

<"It is a...">

Talina pauses for a moment, clearly uncertain of how to phrase it in Fair Tongue.

<"I suppose you could say that it is a crossroads between worlds.">

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Lancaster

She cast her gaze downward fisting her dress in her hands clearly upset, though its mostly confusion. <"Is there a way for one to return to their world from here?">

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Talina shakes her head sadly, and when she speaks, her voice is apologetic.

<"Not usually, unless one came here by choice. Sometimes there is, but I wouldn't be too hopeful about it.">

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Nycca listens to the two speak, frowning a little.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Banned

Ashtrek yawns. "Anyone Need any Drinks?" She asks.

28. - Top - End - #748

Ceres will raise his hand and point at the group around him, then flick it up.

He's still not talking, but Ashtrek should recognize the call for drinks.

Kashi sticks his tongue out at Naku, having no sympathy for her deadtimes.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Banned

The Wolfess will Come over.
    "What would You Sirs Like?"

30. - Top - End - #750

"Give em a round of sumthin strong on my tab. They're customers of mine yehsee?"