New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 II: Zii's 'Z' Top - Sharp Dressed Girl

Holy crap. Way to go, Kiley! She just psychology'd Sonya until she broke. I guess the last few pages sort of answer the question of whether Kiley is interested in having something with Gary or if it was just a one-night thing. I mean, they still haven't actually talked about it at all, but actions speak louder. The real question is, what's going to happen with Yuki? Kiley wouldn't do the same thing to her.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    It was a gamble with no guaranty to work.

Whether Sonya actually has homosexual tendencies is irrelevant. Kiley is betting on her being unsure of her sexual identity. Kiley can deduce that Sonya doesn't consider herself bisexual, else she would have played it up during the "contest" to turn Gary on.
    Yet she suggested a threesome with Yuki in the first place. Kiley can claim it was thinly veiled pretext to be in a sexual situation with another woman.
    You should get into predicting the future.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Natural 20 for Kiley! Sonya, roll for SAN damage!

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Natural 20 for Kiley! Sonya, roll for SAN damage!
    Kiley used "Psychology!" Sonya is weak to "homosexual urges"! It's super effective!

Well... she is IN LOVE with Zii? That's kind of a new one, I guess... Oh Zii, you snug little bastard...

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Bugbear in the Playground

And with one fell swoop the comic will go from Gary harem to Zii harem.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Kiley used "Psychology!" Sonya is weak to "homosexual urges"! It's super effective!

Well... she is IN LOVE with Zii? That's kind of a new one, I guess... Oh Zii, you snug little bastard...
    Kiley: "Kiaba! Sonya! This will crush the evil in you! MIND CRUSH!"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #1207

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    And with one fell swoop the comic will go from Gary harem to Zii harem.
    Hasn't it already been there?
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

That last panel is kinda sweet.

I like this couple, I really do. And I hope at lasts at least a little while.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    That last panel is kinda sweet.

I like this couple, I really do. And I hope at lasts at least a little while.
    Yeah... though Kiley seems to be at least slightly distressed by Yuki (kind of rightly so) both seem to be doing pretty good...
    Also: Yay, anime convention!

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, now we know why Yuki's dad is in town. Did Gary and Yuki ever finish that comic that Yuki wanted to best her father with?
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

11. - Top - End - #1211

Well, on one hand, my reaction was more of a "Ya don't say" than any sort of surprise at that outburst.

On the other hand, this is actually probably really bad for Zii now that things have developed enough that she's trying for a serious relationship with what's-his-name instead of casually seducing anything that moves and going on her merry way. If Sonya doesn't dive back in her glass closet, she'll represent a negative consequence for Zii's past behavior rather than a reward for being a lech; it'd be a nice bit of Reality Ensues for Zii to have to deal with the fact that what was completely casual and just a part of the day to her was a good deal more serious to the girl she seduced, and that sleeping with somebody and then moving on to a relationship with somebody else shortly afterwards doesn't always go so well.
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

And post Gary-Kiley hookup, I'm actually open to the possibility of that sort of thing happening to Zii. I don't consider it likely, but it's significantly more possible than I would have ever considered the odds of anything remotely Zii-negative occurring before Gary's cherry popped.

13. - Top - End - #1213

I have to say though, the interesting part with kiley is, going by that last panel, she seems to genuinely LIKE gary. Unlike say, sonya or didi who basically just want mind blowing sex, and gary could be a yeti for all they care, so long as they have orgasms. It should make things very interesting when yuki finally catches up to them. Also, is gary just kind of oblivious? Or did he basically have some sort of stereotypical attachment to the first lady to hop on him? I mean, he had a real connection with yuki, and now its like he is thinking, "yuki who?"

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

In my mind, DiDi probably is the one thinking "Gary = profit" and couldn't care less about him in any other respect (not to say they'd not be friends still, of course).

Sonya seems more like she bought into Zii's sale talk for Gary and also likes the thrill of competition. When Yuki came into the picture, the pleasure of winning also entered the equation for her. She might re-evaluate the situation after the current development, however. Her feelings on Gary are probably easily swayed.

Yuki... I'm not sure Gary was ever really on her hook. Yuki has been the forward one in all of this, and Gary is swept along, because hey, cute girl paying attention to him! When Yuki proclaimed him her boyfriend, he could hardly breathe before the whole competition fiasco got in motion. We currently don't know how Yuki is going to react to the news, so how she feels on Gary will have to reveal itself. I think Gary has some feelings for Yuki, but from where I'm sitting, Gary seems totally justified to go out with Kiley, as long as he has a talk with Yuki about this whole thing as well.

I'm still not entirely sure on where Kiley stands in this. At first, she seemed very casual and "I'll call you", now she seems much more open and fond. I guess the night left impressions on her, and hey, Gary is a nice guy! It's not strange for a girl to be flattered when a decent boy wants to hang with her.

Although i'm not sure when he learned that she was into anime?
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-17 at 10:23 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    He... didn't? He either assumed it, or it was something like: "I'm totally going there, care to join?"
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, yes. That'd be it. People who dare to be themselves are attractive. Good move, Gary.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

"I choose to go there with you!" was also very normal-guy romantic, and very sweet. Kiley's reaction shows that he hit the mark, I guess. Maybe Gary IS learning?
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    "I choose to go there with you!" was also very normal-guy romantic, and very sweet. Kiley's reaction shows that he hit the mark, I guess. Maybe Gary IS learning?
    I don't know - I understood that expression to be the bittersweet, affectionate and resigned type.
    She knows it's not going to last, but she might as well enjoy it while it lasts, especially since he's just done something very sweet and romantic.

Argh, I'm not explaining it very well, am I?

19. - Top - End - #1219

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    In my mind, DiDi probably is the one thinking "Gary = profit" and couldn't care less about him in any other respect (not to say they'd not be friends still, of course).

Sonya seems more like she bought into Zii's sale talk for Gary and also likes the thrill of competition. When Yuki came into the picture, the pleasure of winning also entered the equation for her. She might re-evaluate the situation after the current development, however. Her feelings on Gary are probably easily swayed.

Yuki... I'm not sure Gary was ever really on her hook. Yuki has been the forward one in all of this, and Gary is swept along, because hey, cute girl paying attention to him! When Yuki proclaimed him her boyfriend, he could hardly breathe before the whole competition fiasco got in motion. We currently don't know how Yuki is going to react to the news, so how she feels on Gary will have to reveal itself. I think Gary has some feelings for Yuki, but from where I'm sitting, Gary seems totally justified to go out with Kiley, as long as he has a talk with Yuki about this whole thing as well.

I'm still not entirely sure on where Kiley stands in this. At first, she seemed very casual and "I'll call you", now she seems much more open and fond. I guess the night left impressions on her, and hey, Gary is a nice guy! It's not strange for a girl to be flattered when a decent boy wants to hang with her.

But after that whole threesome fiasco with yuki, gary was pretty kind and sympathetic towards her. He seemed to really care about her and was genuinely upset that he had forgotten, or just not considered, her male issues. Until Kylie came along I honestly figured gary and yuki as being the only real pairing potential.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I don't know - I understood that expression to be the bittersweet, affectionate and resigned type.
    She knows it's not going to last, but she might as well enjoy it while it lasts, especially since he's just done something very sweet and romantic.

This can also be the case. This could just be a medium-length fling for Kiley. No telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    But after that whole threesome fiasco with yuki, gary was pretty kind and sympathetic towards her. He seemed to really care about her and was genuinely upset that he had forgotten, or just not considered, her male issues. Until Kylie came along I honestly figured gary and yuki as being the only real pairing potential.
    Gary certainly cares for Yuki, that's pretty clear. Still, the fact that he is ashamed over having put her in such a position and that he'd like to sleep with her does not really have to mean more than that: he doesn't want her to suffer for his sake, and he wants to bone her. Or it might. Furthermore, his feelings towards her then could be different from those towards her now. Much can chance in the course of one night.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'm getting what you'Re saying, but that too means that Kiley has acknowledged that he is serious about the thing, and he's trying to show her in a way that for him probably equals inviting a girl to a fine restaurant.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice Crossovers to Eerie Cuties and Magic Chicks!

(If you're not clicking through, you should. Both strips are very funny in their own right, but a little more "High School Sexy" than the college/post-college hijinks of Menage a 3)
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Nice Crossovers to Eerie Cuties and Magic Chicks!

(If you're not clicking through, you should. Both strips are very funny in their own right, but a little more "High School Sexy" than the college/post-college hijinks of Menage a 3)
    Well, not really a crossover but cameos... or not even that. What would be the proper term?

It was neat, anyway... but is Kiley reacting the way she is in the last panel because Gary is as obsessed with the pillow as she is or because it is a... what's her name... Nina(!) pillow?

24. - Top - End - #1224

Well, not really a crossover but cameos... or not even that. What would be the proper term?

It was neat, anyway... but is Kiley reacting the way she is in the last panel because Gary is as obsessed with the pillow as she is or because it is a... what's her name... Nina(!) pillow?
    Cameo at best. Apparently, though, it's nothing more than cosplayers and merch.

It seems EC/MC is a very big franchise in the Mà3 world.

Also, the Kittymus Prime plush is awesome.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-02-18 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

They're cameos. If they hadn't been shown but talked about by the characters it would have been references.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Cameo at best. Apparently, though, it's nothing more than cosplayers and merch.

It seems EC/MC is a very big franchise in the Mà3 world.
    And Mà3 is a very big franchise in the EC/MC world. The origin of the Blair doll amuses me.

Recursion!
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

27. - Top - End - #1227

Griffon

I think she was laughing at the pillow because she finds the premise - a cartoon character printed into a pillow case so as to be dry-humped by lonely anime fans - to be funny. Possibly in the steroetypical "nerds are such losers!" kind of way, depending on how cruel Gis is trying to be.

Which gives way to shock when it turns out that Gary is exactly the right sort of lonely anime fan/nerdy loser to want one.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Pixie in the Playground

I had the impression Gary had seen her apparently liking it and bought it for her, and Kiley's not sure how to take the gesture, since she was laughing at it not for it.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Also, the Kittymus Prime plush is awesome.
    Nice reference to Magic Knights Rayearth though with the Mokona plushie.

Oh geez, it was released over 15 years ago... I really need to stop wiki-ing TV shows - they make me feel old.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Quote Originally Posted by Bilious View Post
    I had the impression Gary had seen her apparently liking it and bought it for her, and Kiley's not sure how to take the gesture, since she was laughing at it not for it.
    i think she genuinely wanted the pillow case. If you look at the guys hands on the right, gary just dropped a TON of money on it... shes uncomfortable that he spent that much on her. (man, that brings back memories of new girlfriends!)
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net