New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 II: Zii's 'Z' Top - Sharp Dressed Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I agree, although she possibly had an ulterior motive - now she gets to drag Didi off so she could have her wicked way with her.
    Oh, that thought crossed my mind soon after I posted. Though I'm personally more inclined to think something along the lines she just doesn't want Gary to get it on with DiDi before Zii does. Which... is basically the same as you said, just in so much different words. There's was something to that effect happening in the past, if memory serves? But yeah, I'm quite positive there's an ulterior motive to be had, one which will resolve itself in due time.

The cynic in me believes in this firmly and is happy that is so, so he can continue hating Zii further. The idealist in me, however, tells me that a good deed is a good deed, no matter the intention. For now, she has done something good for Gary and for that at least, I'm willing to give credit where it's due.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Nice save, Zii.
    Truth resists simplicity.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

It makes me hate Zii even more, in fact - if she keeps going selfless things, my hatred will become unfounded and irrational, and it'll be her fault.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    By the way, is the word 'roommate' what you'd typically use in Canada towards someone you're sharing an apartment with? Wouldn't 'housemate' or 'flatmate' be less suggestive and more accurate?
    Gotta admit, around here anyway, we tend to use the term roommate for two people sharing the same living quarters, and it's generally neutral in meaning. Though when used in context of a man and woman living together there can be a certain subtext, however I think 'living together' has more suggestive nature than 'roommates'.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Oh, Zii. Never take up acting.

Still thinking Kiley has shown few and inconsistent emotions since after the deed was done. Hopefully we'll get a clearer perspective on her in coming pages.
    Well, you've got to admit that she hasn't exactly had a whole lot of opportunity to do so. What with DiDi and Zii coming in and padding things out by diverting the narrative away from her interaction with Gary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Gotta admit, around here anyway, we tend to use the term roommate for two people sharing the same living quarters, and it's generally neutral in meaning. Though when used in context of a man and woman living together there can be a certain subtext, however I think 'living together' has more suggestive nature than 'roommates'.
    Ah, I see. I'm asking as 'roommates' over here tends to mean you're sharing a room with somebody, something that's far more personal than sharing a flat or house.

I do agree that 'living together' is probably more suggestive than Gary's, Zii's and Didi's current living arrangements would indicate, but not by much.

7. - Top - End - #1027

NecromancerGuy

Around here "roomies" can cover anything from a bunkmate to someone who lives in the basement while the speaker dwells in the attic, as a sort of shorthand for someone that one lives with in some kind of proximity, and even 'roommate' can be used loosely enough to mean a flatmate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #1028

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Maybe it's just because the rest of her has grown into a more realistic-ish style? Cartoonishly huge boobs are easier to accept when everything else is pretty cartoony, too.
    I've noticed the latter too. Looking at pictures of Power Girl and Jessica Rabbit over at deviantART has made me from time to time realise that, well, they would look ridiculously busty IRL, but somehow I don't "feel" that when looking at the drawn images.

I guess it's a good thing I discovered super-hero comics so relatively late, and begun with reading 1970's comics (back issues) before moving on with more "modern" ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Or possibly rather, she stayed realistic as the world around her got more anime-esque, as someone posted above?
    Heh.

The old style had a more western, Archie-like look while the new one is closer to the conventions in anime (although, it's really more a matter of using some tools that show up in anime, such as the large sweat drop, than an all out anime art style). While different to each other, I think neither is inherently more realistic.
    Hurm. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Really? I always considered them somewhere in the Lolo Ferrari vicinity, as far as the size goes. Natural, yes, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't suffocate by them if she would be sleeping on her back.

That is to say, I always figured her breasts are comically large and way too big to be realistic. Used to titillate male readers (and I imagine some female readers as well, lets not be sexist), but way too big to be realistic.
    Lola Ferrari? Aye caramba!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Ok, as I much as I hate her guts, I gotta give credits where credit's due.

That was actually very nice of Zii.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

9. - Top - End - #1029

Proceeding with the assumption that Zii is not in fact doing this solely to get some action from DiDi after her recent character development and having a boyfriend now...

I felt very strange reading this. Zii is doing something nice to stop DiDi from being a thoughtless 'natch to someone else for sexual reasons and her zany behavior is protecting Gary's sex life.

When did Menage a 3 enter Bizarro World?
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Clearly, when Kiley kissed Gary he fell into a coma. Everything from him having sex, to his two hot roommates engaging in a lesbian tryst in order to make him jealous, is all part of the random images that his brain is putting together as it slowly starves of oxygen.

~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

11. - Top - End - #1031

The style changed? When? I can't say I notice much of a difference between the first and newest strip, in any case. Maybe that the noses are a bit more detailed in the first strip, but that's all I see.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-01-22 at 02:00 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ok, despite Ziis idea of being a wingman seeming to be, "Set gary up with my sloppy seconds" im liking her more and more. She just jumped right in there and saved the day for gary. That was pretty cool of her.
    It was pretty cool, but it is also sets up silly complications (good for the plot) if Gary and Kiley enter into a relaltionship. Basically, Zii and Didi will have to continue the ruse.

As for "roommates," I can't speak for Canada but in the U.S. roommates can either share the same room or share the same apartment/house but have different rooms. Among non-college students (and especially when the gender is different), the default assumption is that they have different rooms.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    It was pretty cool, but it is also sets up silly complications (good for the plot) if Gary and Kiley enter into a relaltionship. Basically, Zii and Didi will have to continue the ruse.
    Oh man, I didn't even think of that ruse continuing. Good for the plot indeed.

As for "roommates," I can't speak for Canada but in the U.S. roommates can either share the same room or share the same apartment/house but have different rooms. Among non-college students (and especially when the gender is different), the default assumption is that they have different rooms.
    Same applies in the great frigid north, or at least in western Canada. Montreal DOES have a different culture, but given its context here, I'm pretty sure it's the same.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Remember this one? Before Zii "saved" Gary and Kiley from DiDi, I thought that this is what the strip were going to.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

My tumblr

My DeviantART

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Barbarian in the Playground

As amusing as this is, I'm much more interested in the Gary/Kiley conversation. Zii just needs to be like, "You really want an orgasm that badly? Ok, fine! Let's do this thing. By the time I'm done with you you'll be lucky if you can still walk." Sure, she's got a boyfriend now, but he probably wouldn't mind too much.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

16. - Top - End - #1036

Gary should start to work as a sex surrogate and school folks in the wonders of the twirly swirly or whatever it's called.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

My tumblr

My DeviantART

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

DiDi is a bit ****-ish there... or just stupid. I guess stupid. Matt or Zii could help her out just as well if she needs it that badly.

But yeah, Gary and Kiley should be much more interesting. Switch focus already!!!

18. - Top - End - #1038

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    DiDi is a bit ****-ish there... or just stupid. I guess stupid. Matt or Zii could help her out just as well if she needs it that badly.

But yeah, Gary and Kiley should be much more interesting. Switch focus already!!!
    Well, matt has already failed on a couple of occaisions, though iirc they werent precisely his fault. I know the second one was because yuki kicked his testicles up into his throat. As for the whole girl sex thing, she tried that and it was very awkward. I dunno if trying it with an experienced bisexual girl would work out better than two hesitant girls who apparently dont know what they want. Or if it would even occur to didi to ask for ziis help. Does she even know about Zii and her tendencies? And finally, I doubt Zii would do it now anyways since she seems to be really into her boyfriend atm.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Bwahaha, this page was great! Love Didi. "Matt... who?"

As for Zii helping her out, I think she's not eager to repeat her Sandra experiment anytime soon.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Bwahaha, this page was great! Love Didi. "Matt... who?"

As for Zii helping her out, I think she's not eager to repeat her Sandra experiment anytime soon.
    Except that with Sandra, she took the lead and backed down right before she'd have gotten to it. If Zii took the lead on her, it would be a different outcome.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

21. - Top - End - #1041

RogueGuy

Okay, so today we learn that Didi's obession with coming borders on the unhealthy.

You can practically see Zii thinking 'Hey, I'm meant to be the irresponsible one here! Can't you just stop so I can relax and goof off?'

22. - Top - End - #1042

I don't think the comparison's valid with Sandra. With that, DiDi was inexperienced with how to be intimate with a girl and Sandra is, as far as we can tell, straight and only got that far because she was giving DiDi a shot for the wrong reasons. It was doomed from the start. DiDi's used to being the receiver from her many one-night-stands, so the fact that Zii wouldn't chicken out if it came to that means it's already a different situation.

I don't feel sorry for Matt at all, but I am a little disappointed that this ill-conceived relationship of theirs is being broken off because DiDi's being uncharacteristically selfish (was she only so nice before deciding "oops, I'm straight after all" because of Sandra...?) rather than Matt being very characteristically dickish. It seems wrong that this girl and this girl are the same person give or take a month.
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

23. - Top - End - #1043

http://zii.menagea3.net/comics/mat20100213.png

http://zii.menagea3.net/comics/mat20120124.png

Is it just me who think DiDi's boobs are larger in the newer strip? (Not counting her "angel".)

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

My tumblr

My DeviantART

24. - Top - End - #1044

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    It seems wrong that this girl and this girl are the same person give or take a month.
    It can be explained pretty easily if you just accept that DiDi is sexist as hell. Suppose you view boys not as human persons, but as tools for an end, nothing more. Defective tools, at that. You'd only be able to socialize with girls.

In the Sandra strip, she feels guilty about leading on a girl and causing her to break up with her boytoy for a risqué* adventure. (* In good DiDi-speak fashion, both the French meaning of "risky" and the English meaning apply equally.) But when it's a question of dumping boys, she never cared about how they felt about it. She feels wrong about breaking up a girl's relationship, but doesn't care about breaking up a boy's relationship.

Doesn't mean that she's a friend to all girls, either. Her behavior with Kiley shows how mean and petty she can be to a rival. But Matt doesn't matter. He was promising, but Fate has apparently decided that he'd be defective too (Zii barging in at the wrong time, Yuki sending him on a rest cure, who knows what else next time) so he's quickly discarded the moment something better appears.

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    Is it just me who think DiDi's boobs are larger in the newer strip? (Not counting her "angel".)
    They look the same size to me: "absurdly huge to the point it's not really attractive anymore except to breast fetishists".
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-01-24 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am disappointed. As of this strip I tough there was something between Matt and Did, something mostly physical maybe, but not so shallow that she would break up because he cant give her an orgasm here and now.

Also, why does the one character who does not seem to grasp the concept of monogamy have to be French? That is really getting on my nerves.

Edit: fixed the link
    Last edited by Lynn; 2012-01-26 at 05:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I am disappointed. As of this strip
    Broken link. Try again, but before copy/pasting the URL, go back then forward with the site's navigation buttons to get a "real" URL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    (...) Also, why does the one character who does not seem to grasp the concept of monogamy have to be French? That is really getting on my nerves.
    One? Are we reading the same comics? Matt has a long history of cheating on everybody with everybody else, Zii had no qualms to mess up other people's relationships, Dillon's and Amber's producer was not a role model as well. Sonya's idea to win Gary in a competition had little to do with sane interhuman interactions, so you would have to try really hard to find someone, who does grasp the concept of monogamy (among other things).
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    It can be explained pretty easily if you just accept that DiDi is sexist as hell. Suppose you view boys not as human persons, but as tools for an end, nothing more. Defective tools, at that. You'd only be able to socialize with girls.

[...]
    I'd put it otherwise... She has EVERY right to end her relationship when she feels she doesn't want to be with the boy anymore but breaking up someone else's relationship is quite a different thing.
    Admittedly, it's not nice towards her boyfriends but if she doesn't want to be with them, she doesn't want to be with them. Can't keep up a relationship she doesn't want... No need to be angry at her.

On her breasts... I don't see that much of a difference. It's more an angle/clothing thing if the size differs I'd argue.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    DiDi analysis.
    Interesting interpretation, Gez. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'd put it otherwise... She has EVERY right to end her relationship when she feels she doesn't want to be with the boy anymore but breaking up someone else's relationship is quite a different thing.
    Admittedly, it's not nice towards her boyfriends but if she doesn't want to be with them, she doesn't want to be with them. Can't keep up a relationship she doesn't want... No need to be angry at her.
    The act of DiDi leaving her boyfriends are not clinical, though. The action itself is permissable, but her behaviour and reasoning around it is somewhat objectionable.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

The act of DiDi leaving her boyfriends are not clinical, though. The action itself is permissable, but her behaviour and reasoning around it is somewhat objectionable.
    My complaint was about DiDI being sexist because she acts differently towards her boyfriends compared to her female friend which is invalid since it is about her relationship versus the one of another person she would ruining by seducing her. There's nothing sexist about that.
    She could be more... empathic towards her boyfriends, of course but it's not morally wrong.