New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 II: Zii's 'Z' Top - Sharp Dressed Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Chocolate fondue should be done with a medium dark chocolate, somewhere around 70%, with no additional additives and fresh fruit. I recommend bananas (those fresh, tiny ones, if you can get them. I recommend Thai shops), apples and apricots.

Choclate fondue I actually like, unlike cheese fondue.
    In my family, we fancy the fruits you mention, but also strawberries, clementines and pieces of angel cake to add. Beware not to overcook the chocolate (interminently light the candle under the bowl), or your chocolate might burn, which will take away some perfection out of the dessert.

2. - Top - End - #1112

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    And by hats you mean more likely pants? And bras. And other underwear.
    No, no.... they won't be needing pants or underwear.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #1113

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    No, no.... they won't be needing pants or underwear.
    For "hat" he meant... member hats. Sausage hats.

Rubber hats.

*OBVIOUS ALERT*

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

oh hey guys an update

That said, there's not much to really say about it.

so uh yeah go on talking about food
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Anyone have any good, relatively simple recipes for a crockpot/slow-cooker? My repertoire is limited to chili and round roasts right now, but I like the thing and want to use it more.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-01-31 at 01:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

I've the feeling it will once more end badly for Gary.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Anyone have any good, relatively simple recipes for a crockpot/slow-cooker? My repertoire is limited to chili and round roasts right now, but I like the thing and want to use it more.
    I use mine most often to slow cook spaghetti sauce. Put some sauce in, throw in spices as you need, some meat/veggies (whatever's lying around works), maybe some cheese, set it on low heat for 6 or more hours. Then make noodles, pour sauce on noodles, and enjoy.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

Goulash! You can make some mean goulash in a slow cooker. Oh how I love pony goulash with mashed potatoes mmmm... and I'm hungry now damn
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-01-31 at 04:53 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

''Meat'' fondue is not merely boiled meat. You make it sound like something a British (no offense intended but they're not well-known for their cooking for a reason) chef would make.

It's thinly sliced raw beef (specifically cut for fondue) which is ''boiled'' in a few seconds (to preserve the taste).

After which you dip it in one of several sauces made especially for the occasion.

Usually accompanied by RED wine, bread and cheese and, most important of all, good company (the whole point is talking/drinking and eating for hours so the company is as important as the food).

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Colossus in the Playground

Bread and cheese?

Around here, it's usually various salads, plain rice and vegetables, to be boiled along with the meat in the same soup.

Also, we use veal, turkey and pork along with beef. Other meats more rarely.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Bread and cheese?

Around here, it's usually various salads, plain rice and vegetables, to be boiled along with the meat in the same soup.

Also, we use veal, turkey and pork along with beef. Other meats more rarely.
    That doesn't sound like meat fondue at all. It sounds like a completely different meal.
    In my family we eat potatoes with the meat rather than cheese and bread but the idea is the same : something very simple, because the core of the meal is the meat. Everything else serves onlyto appreciate bettter thetaste of the meat.

On topic:
    Gary is right, they could use a break, but its too late. I think, this is Zii's karmic comeuppance for all the drama she created, with her one night stands an other antics, without having to face it.
    Last edited by Lynn; 2012-01-31 at 06:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1122

Quote Originally Posted by Soranar View Post
    ''Meat'' fondue is not merely boiled meat. You make it sound like something a British (no offense intended but they're not well-known for their cooking for a reason) chef would make.

It's thinly sliced raw beef (specifically cut for fondue) which is ''boiled'' in a few seconds (to preserve the taste).

After which you dip it in one of several sauces made especially for the occasion.

Usually accompanied by RED wine, bread and cheese and, most important of all, good company (the whole point is talking/drinking and eating for hours so the company is as important as the food).
    Amen. We usually like cheese curds (and we wrap them in beef slices!). The whole meal comes with small bread buns, baked potatoes, red wine and dips.

It's our traditional christmas dinner. We aren't fans of Turkey at all. (BTW: Canada = no weird "American Thanksgiving")

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soranar View Post
    None taken. After all, we travelled halfway around the globe looking for a decent meal to bring home.
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #1124

NecromancerGuy

Keld Denar has a quote somewhere about cooking like a bachelor that links to a thread for simple recipes in the crockpot. It might even be in my signature, it's been awhile since I checked.

I know one of them boils down to "stewbeef" quality cow meat, rootbeer, maybe some garlic and onion powder, and then cooked on low all day.

Different ones boiled down to Chicken, pineapple and orange juice diluted with a bit of water, a bit of lemon pepper, and then cooked on low all day or "meat," soy sauce and water, and cooked on low all day.

I think one was fancy and involved a bit of jug/box red wine, beef, garlic powder, cut up onions and carrots and celery, as a sort of ghetto beef bourguignon(?????). Depending upon how long you do it and what temperature you do it at, the wine may or may not cook off enough to no longer have any alcoholic effect. Similarly Coq au vin is apparently slowcooked chicken in wine with, effectively, bacon. IIRC, these require a bit of prep to do proper like before putting them in to simmer, but slow-cooking should produce something edible and probably even tasty.

Chicken cacciatore is another dish that's still relatively simple depending upon how much effort you put into it, but that can become more complicated as you get comfy with it. it's one of my favorite dishes of childhood alongside hamburger stroganoff. I can't recall a recipe offhand, but, google should provide a slowcooker variation readily, as that's how my pa always done it when I were a boy.

I think you can even learn to make gumbo in a slow-cooker, though I have no personal recipes on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #1125

Ill see if I can track down the full recipe, but the basics is this. Buy a ham. Cook and eat as much of it as you like. Then chop up the rest, slice up a bunch of potatoes, slice up onions, add a bag of shredded chedder cheese and a can of cream of mushroom soup plus a half can of water, then slow cook it all day. We get one of those huge hams with a bone in it, and there is always enough left to fill up the big crock pot. Its the best way to recycle leftovers. Though if you want you could buy a small ham and just go straight for the crock pot meal.
    Last edited by Traab; 2012-01-31 at 09:46 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Goulash! You can make some mean goulash in a slow cooker. Oh how I love pony goulash with mashed potatoes mmmm... and I'm hungry now damn
    Better yet, bigos! While I don't have a slow-cooker, this should work out perfectly, since bigos usually takes a lot of time to cook properly.

Any kind of perpetual stew would be fine as well.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

17. - Top - End - #1127

Curry. Osso Bucco. Pig leg stew.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Irish stews are generally easy to make, and quite nice on cold winter days. There's dozens of variations on them, and you can really alter them to taste, but here's a simple crockpot Beef-Guinness stew recipe.

http://www.food.com/recipe/guinness-...ock-pot-259913

19. - Top - End - #1129

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ill see if I can track down the full recipe, but the basics is this. Buy a ham. Cook and eat as much of it as you like. Then chop up the rest.....
    I'm sorry, I don't think I fully understand. The closest translation I can find is "mutually exclusive"?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-02-01 at 05:21 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

20. - Top - End - #1130

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't think I fully understand. The closest translation I can find is "mutually exclusive"?
    Its a leftover meal. You buy a big ham, one you cant finish, then after you eat your fill of baked ham, you chop up the leftovers and use them for the crock pot recipe.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #1131

NecromancerGuy

So, I've got smoked sausage, bacon, chicken breast, ground beef, ground
    "breakfast" sausage, a pinch of ground turkey, a couple of frozen chunks of beef tail, a couple of frozen cube steaks, a frozen "semi-boneless" ham, and maybe some chicken thighs

And half a 4 Liter jug of Carlo Rossi burgundy wine which is needing to be drunk or cooked with by tomorrow.

Which meat would you say should get the honor of being slow-cooked in the wine?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-02-01 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome to Giantitp.com/stewrecipes...

Guys, guys, new comic. Pirate Sonya meets Kiley! Well, at least half pf them knows what's going on.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Oh god, im predicting a problem here. Sonya starts trying to put some moves on gary. Unfortunately, she equates pain with what gary likes. Now gary will try to put a stop to it by proclaiming kiley as his girlfriend, which will happen just in time for yuki to hear it as she was walking up right behind them. Or something to that effect. Everyone, including kiley, is upset at gary for various reasons.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh god, im predicting a problem here. Sonya starts trying to put some moves on gary. Unfortunately, she equates pain with what gary likes. Now gary will try to put a stop to it by proclaiming kiley as his girlfriend, which will happen just in time for yuki to hear it as she was walking up right behind them. Or something to that effect. Everyone, including kiley, is upset at gary for various reasons.
    Winner!

As far as crockpots, two bottles of barbecue sauce, a couple dozen chicken drumsticks, leave it on low for 5-6 hours (no more than 7)

meatballs and lil smokies also work.

throw in a whole chicken, some carrots, celery, garlic, onion, finely diced, maybe some rosemary and thyme, let sit until a fork pushed through goes straight to the bone. drain, let cool, strip meat off bones.

stew is awesome, throw a lot of stuff in with some water, let simmer till the smell drives you mad with desire. (note, with a stew, with pork or beef, SEAR the meat first. it doesn't hold in juice, but it DOES add flavor. )
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

As entertaining as that would be, I think the comic is past the stage where things like that actually might have a shot at happening.

If we're going for silly theories, though, I predict that Gary will explain what happened, whereupon Sonya renews her duelling drive and challenges Kiley, who proceeds to psychoanalyse her into a quivering heap.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    As entertaining as that would be, I think the comic is past the stage where things like that actually might have a shot at happening.

If we're going for silly theories, though, I predict that Gary will explain what happened, whereupon Sonya renews her duelling drive and challenges Kiley, who proceeds to psychoanalyse her into a quivering heap.
    I could totally get behind this theory. I like it when the psychologist wins.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

27. - Top - End - #1137

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    I could totally get behind this theory. I like it when the psychologist wins.
    Interesting. Tell me more about it.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, okay, so it seems Sonya likes to have some competition, provided "pushing her buttons" means a good thing and not a bad thing.

It does seem a bit inconsistent with her eariler portrayal, however, given that it was competition with other women that drove her away from her old boyfriend. On the other hand, that was a competition where she pretty much had lost from the start, so I can see how the comparison isn't completely valid.

I... actually also kind of want to see the pirate costume.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Barbarian in the Playground

The way she described it to Zii, it wasn't so much the competition that upset her, it was that by the time he got around to her he was always too tired to do anything fun. So frustration would be more accurate I think.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    The way she described it to Zii, it wasn't so much the competition that upset her, it was that by the time he got around to her he was always too tired to do anything fun. So frustration would be more accurate I think.

No... I don't think that's the issue. There's a difference between competition and some guy who is not turned on enough by you alone but needs another girl to get himself into the mood.