New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I usually start with asking myself a few questions:

1) What horribly destructive way do I want to be able to kill people that snaps the game engine in half?

2) Is there a least/most appropriate character I can spoof/use as a base/annoy everyone with?

3) Can I do a silly voice?

and 4) Can I do all of the above at once and make everyone else at the table cry?
    That's the tabletop method! Unfortunately I get roped in DM so much I... well don't quite remember the last time I rolled a new character.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Challenge accepted. Now I need to find a Cello and some socks.
    Socks... hurrhurrhurr.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Thought I might let everyone know a week or so in advance that during the New York Comic-Con I will be gone for most of the day around the 15th or 16th. It will be interesting to see how much ponies have taken it over, seeing as how at the last convention I don't think FIM had aired yet.
    Oh cool I will also be there.

4. - Top - End - #334

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    This would probably be the only thing that would make me actually listen to that song all the way through...
    It isn't a bad song though, despite it's overuse.
    It goes well with Robo's theme, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

So... You want to have the powers of a Goddess? Actually this doesn't surprise me. Who wouldn't?
    Duh. xD

I meant the weedle thing.
    Oh. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Wait... I'm still normal!
    *holds out hands*
    AH! MY THUMBS! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY THUMBS!?
    xDD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    You aren't supposed to be able to roast marshmallows with your hooves either, Applejack manages just fine.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's magic, I ain't gotta explain... You should know where that's going.
    That doesn't count as reality.

Although she could be using some glue. Or duct tape.
    But then how would she get the duct tape on to her hooves. ARGH! Pony logic hurts my head!

Challenge accepted. Now I need to find a Cello and some socks.
    *takes out some popcorn*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-10-05 at 12:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: hehehhe. Fillydelphia!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    I heard the MLP theme song while listening to National Public Radio today on the way to work. Sure, it was the intro into a story about advertising to kids and the ethics involved, but it still made me smile.
    Someone at NPR is a brony. MLP has shown up twice on wait wait don't tell me and this further reinforces my suspicion
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    That's the tabletop method! Unfortunately I get roped in DM so much I... well don't quite remember the last time I rolled a new character.
    I do like, 75% of the DMing of our weekly group (and, priorly, groups), and fair chunk of our day sessions... So I feel your pain!

You know how Thanqol posts those delight anecdotes about pizza delivery that sometimes give you faint hope for humanity? I'm now going to balance it out with some Stupid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Some of you know I've been periodically harping on about Shapeways (the place I get my 3D printing from) fraggin up their new model page, which is where you buy the prints and the designers put all the detail in? And that had geneated a feedback thread with no less than 50 bug or functionality points to be fixed, addressed or corrected? Two weeks before they did their big price change? That is being fixed far too slowly?

Yeah, they all but admitted that the new design was to make it look more like twitter/youtube/facebook etc.

*skullpalm* You're a ruddy webshop, you muppets!

If you aren't following the example of ebay, Amazon and, I dunno SAINSBURIES, you're doing it wrong! (I mean, for crying out loud, ebay takes like 1% of the UK spending.)

And quoting research done by Some Guy on the internet (even if he may have published credentials) dating from 1997 (and itself mainly referring to, not webshops, but about more general reading) does not make you look convincing! (Espcially since the chap, on looking at some other links, actually rated Amazon as one of the better designed websites...)

Guh. I just know some snotty-nosed Uni graduate is behind this, it just has that mark of someone who thinks he/she/it knows everything (or at least better than big business...)

Ahem. Sorry, you know I have a low tolerance of Wllful Stupid.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-05 at 12:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

I think Exalted has some good questions to ask yourself when making a character.
    Spoilered for length.
    Spoiler
    Show

• What was your family life like? Were you raised by both parents? Did one or both of them die? Do you have brothers or sisters? Are you married? To more than one person? Do you have any children? Is anyone else in your family one of the Chosen?
    • Where are you from? Where your character comes from will have an impact on his appearance, his native language, and many customs and attitudes.
    • When did you meet your companions? Do you get along with your companions? How long have you known them? How did you meet? Do you share any goals? Do you all work for the same city or organization? Are there rivalries among you?
    • What motivates you to be a hero? Do you seek riches or undying glory? Do you simply enjoy exercising your impressive powers? Is your agenda based on revenge, social justice or ethnic and religious loyalties?
    • Who or what do you worship? Has your Exaltation caused you to revere the Unconquered Sun? Do you still hold some previous set of beliefs, or do you believe mortals should worship your godlike power?
    • What would drive you to commit murder? Do you casually slay anyone who denies your divinity, or is life precious and yours to protect? Is killing an Exalt or a god any more or less acceptable than killing a mortal?

Some game/setting specific stuff, but I tried to filter out what I could without butchering the grammar/point. The last question is also pretty non-pony, but it's still something to think about for general character creation.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Wiltshire? but that's even further away. no Pony things and stuff for us then.
    Aw, sorry bro, but family comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    "Alright, I'm kinda bored. I think I'll go crawl TV Tropes for a few minutes. Random page... loading... AUGH!"
    EEK! Oh lord, the pic links to Cupcakes. Cupcakes has it's own page ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Just to refresh any memories: could anyone wishing to remark on leaked stuff from future episodes keep it to (marked) spoiler blocks? Some of us would rather avoid that and just watch the episodes blind. Thanks.
    Seconded. While I did watch the discord stuff, I kinda want all the Luna stuff to be a surprise (assuming my daily trips through Ponibooru don't spoil it for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Life update, for those who care:

1. Wife came home from hospital this morning, and is okay but somewhat tired.
    Glad to hear it.

Every single character I've ever had has aspects of myself in them. I pick one aspect of myself as the main aspect of said character, and then work backwards from that...

-snip-

It's not a bad thing. You know yourself better than you know anyone and anything else. After all, you've been inside your own head for your entire life. If you can be creative and still keep it under that umbrella of expertise, all the better!
    Yeah, likewise. It's so much easier to roleplay a character when you can find something in common with them.

Come to think of it, that's probably why I tend to have a hard time playing Diamond Tiara over at Canterlot.

Yes. I play Diamond Tiara. By choice. Shut up.

I also play Lyra, and narrowly missed getting Princess Celestia but lost to app to someone else (I still say my app was better. Why yes, I am bitter about it, why do you ask?). Oh well, at least I can still play her here, right your Highness?

...Do I know you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Sometimes I forget you're a british lich. xD
    For some reason "british lich" just looks weird when written down like that. I keep trying to mentally switch the sh and ch. x_x

So... You want to have the powers of a Goddess? Actually this doesn't surprise me. Who wouldn't?
    I sure do. I'd gladly take the gender switch required for such a thing if I got near ultimate power with it

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Not that the villains in my games are sometimes any better, Cthulu Juju the Psionic Demon Monkey I am looking at you and you are the one I am looking at and it is you that is the one under my observation that I am watching...
    Wat.

I mean, that's awesome but... wat.

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but in reality, you can't play the cello with hooves.
    I'm not familiar with that word. What is... "reality"?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Life update, for those who care:

1. Wife came home from hospital this morning, and is okay but somewhat tired.
    Good to hear that she is ok. Hope you can all get some rest soon.

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Socks... hurrhurrhurr.
    ...Oh Celestia damn it.

Oh. Sorry.
    There's no need to apologize. O.o

That doesn't count as reality.

Although she could be using some glue. Or duct tape.
    But then how would she get the duct tape on to her hooves. ARGH! Pony logic hurts my head!
    I believe that all ponies have a little latent magic. As such, they are able to manipulate things as though they have fine motor skills in their hooves. It's a magical attraction field that the ponies have learned to manipulate as we have learned to manipulate our fingers for fine motor skills.

*takes out some popcorn*
    I'm not kidding. I've never played the Cello before so I won't be /good/, but I will play something. The way Octavia holds her bow, I'm convinced that with enough practice a human could do similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Someone at NPR is a brony. MLP has shown up twice on wait wait don't tell me and this further reinforces my suspicion
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I sure do. I'd gladly take the gender switch required for such a thing if I got near ultimate power with it
    You know what? Same, actually.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

13. - Top - End - #343

GnomeWizardGuy

Come to think of it, that's probably why I tend to have a hard time playing Diamond Tiara over at Canterlot.

Yes. I play Diamond Tiara. By choice. Shut up.
    Huh, I'd thought that Canterlot was just a bunch of OCs.

For some reason "british lich" just looks weird when written down like that. I keep trying to mentally switch the sh and ch. x_x
    Perhaps we could shorten it up to "Britlich" then?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I second this notion!

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

15. - Top - End - #345

Holllllly gosh you guys that's a lot of OC help you're throwing in the air there! Th... thank you so much? I wasn't expecting this kind of response >_>;
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-05 at 01:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

Holllllly gosh you guys that's a lot of OC help you're throwing in the air there! Th... thank you so much? I wasn't expecting this kind of response >_>;
    You're asking an extremely creative community how to create compelling and usable original characters; a community that's literally guaranteed to have Role Played at least once in their lives to boot.

Really, how could you not expect a massive response? It's everypony's area of expertise!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey ponies!

I just caught up on Season 2 so far. Discord is awesome.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to follow pony thread for a while (like, four threads, I think). Since I'm not crazy SiuiS, I'm not going to go back and read all of that. Anything interesting happen then, or should I just file it away under "equine shenanigans"?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Hey ponies!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to follow pony thread for a while (like, four threads, I think). Since I'm not crazy SiuiS, I'm not going to go back and read all of that. Anything interesting happen then, or should I just file it away under "equine shenanigans"?
    YOU

(KISSES)

Having a kismesis is fun.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

This pony advertisement is recently popular in our TV. What do you guys think?

Swarowski's crystals, heh heh :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    This pony advertisement is recently popular in our TV. What do you guys think?

Swarowski's crystals, heh heh :P
    Trading... cards?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    *skullpalm*

I'm starting to agree with the last line of SiuiS's sig...

22. - Top - End - #352

You're asking an extremely creative community how to create compelling and usable original characters; a community that's literally guaranteed to have Role Played at least once in their lives to boot.

Really, how could you not expect a massive response? It's everypony's area of expertise!
    Well when you put it THAT way you make it seem as though my insecurities are completely unfounded here or something

Now... now I gotta think about an OC. Actually no I should think about work, then my Elf!Twi character for D&D tonight (Owlysius returns/joins the party!) and behind that I should devote some cycles to OCtimes.

23. - Top - End - #353

Hey ponies!

I would also be interested in what's happened recently, because as it turns out I was spending numerous hours every day just keeping up with ponythread. I cannot do that while I am at school.

Wishing you well, but I will not be regularly reading the thread for a week or two (though I'll be looking for the requested summary until the end of the week). I'll go back through what I've missed eventually, but not soon.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

YOU

(KISSES)

Hate-flirting with a crazy shipping goddess is not the most sane thing I've ever done, but I admit, it does have its perks.

It also isn't the most insane thing either, which is somewhat more troubling.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

...Oh Celestia damn it.
    Someone had to say it!

Not mine, I'm a total hack.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356

Hey ponies!

Equine Shenanigans. All of them forever.

YOU

(KISSES)

Awww. You have a kismesis? Lucky! I only have a Morail and a... Oh **** what's the word. The quadrant humans have too.

Well when you put it THAT way you make it seem as though my insecurities are completely unfounded here or something

Now... now I gotta think about an OC. Actually no I should think about work, then my Elf!Twi character for D&D tonight (Owlysius returns/joins the party!) and behind that I should devote some cycles to OCtimes.
    Oh man, I hear you on the whole "oh crap so much to do" thing. I need to get a rental car back by 5 PM, I also need to make it to my second job to fix a projector, and I have to be ready for D&D by 7. Oh and the kicker? I can't start until 4 when my full time job ends.

I am so glad my boss is a Playgrounder too, just like my co-worker and I. I can very much so get away with GitP traffic, he legitimately doesn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    I would also be interested in what's happened recently, because as it turns out I was spending numerous hours every day just keeping up with ponythread. I cannot do that while I am at school.

Wishing you well, but I will not be regularly reading the thread for a week or two (though I'll be looking for the requested summary until the end of the week). I'll go back through what I've missed eventually, but not soon.
    I would be in the same boat if... Well, see above. Also, I'm new so I don't know how to do what 90% of the tickets are requesting so FREE TIME.

Hate-flirting with a crazy shipping goddess is not the most sane thing I've ever done, but I admit, it does have its perks.

It also isn't the most insane thing either, which is somewhat more troubling.
    ...What is the most insane thing you've done then?!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-05 at 02:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

...What is the most insane thing you've done then?!
    Well, there was this one time, when I tried to Storytell Exalted...

28. - Top - End - #358

Well, there was this one time, when I tried to Storytell Exalted...
    Okay. Okay that wins. Good god man.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359

Hey ponies!

Season 2 rumors, spoilers, speculation, reactions etc. Plus the ever present deluge of pony art, fan fics, PMVs, original music compositions, and a liberal helping or RP craziness.

It changes every two or three pages. We have the collective attention span of a 3 year old on crystal meth.

Speaking of which, I do remember an article about a little girl using a unicorn figurine to repel drug sniffing dogs. Which combined with several in depth discussions about pony genetics and ages led to the theory that rarity is a James bond villain (it's the white cat that sold me).

Also I rickrolled the pony thread by claiming to have footage of Luna from an upcoming episode. But it was a pony themed Rick astley video so I expect to escape retribution.

Oh, and there's now a pony themed dwarf fortress game. The thread is in the gaming section of the forum
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Trading... cards?
    Trading cards?

No, these are random toy bags, I believe.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"