New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Honestly, I kind of want to know the rest of this. Otherwise, it'll just annoy the crap out of me...

But at the same time, I'm afraid to find out.
    Well, ok.

[Tangent] [squick]

Spoiler
    Show
    Braz goes to bed. Being more nocturnal, I stay up to play some videogames with Xanatos (who needs to get his flank back on the thread, rass'n frass'n), and settle in for a soothing night of turning into a giant centipede and devouring the flesh of my human enemies.

After 15 minutes, Braz comes out and looks at me from the hallway. I look at her. She is holding up her hand, palm in, like she is warding away an attack Chinese style.

She then turns her hand around, showing me the vast pool of blood filling it. I switch off the mic and get up to see why she is A) calmly B) bleeding lime a stuck hog.

Turns out there was (emphasis on past tense) a wart on her hand, just at the index finger/palm junction, normally neatly covered by the thumb. Instead, there is a 5mm crater of torn flesh, from which she has been calmly gougeing, grabbing and yanking away chunks of skin. Warts apparently form a bulbous root that she was Hel-bent on removing.

I actually had to leave, as sympathetic tactile thoughts were really getting to me. Cuts, stabs, bashes scrapes and bruises, whatever. This was... Something else. On the upside, it really makes me feel better about my humanity; that's not something I'd be comfortable inflicting on another.

Nah, Pinkie being the one who gets sick is too obvious... I like the idea of Pinkie being the one that has to take care of the others after they get sick.

If it's an appendix, clearly, it need to be Dash, because she would be the most likely to show off the scar to gross the others out.
    don't think they would go the obvious route. I expect it would be a "don't kill yourself bending over backwards, even when you mean well". At the end, an all-better Twilight chides the impromptu nurse for getting herself sick when "I had planned on just sleeping through the last few days anyway."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Well, ok.

[Tangent] [squick]

Spoiler
    Show
    Braz goes to bed. Being more nocturnal, I stay up to play some videogames with Xanatos (who needs to get his flank back on the thread, rass'n frass'n), and settle in for a soothing night of turning into a giant centipede and devouring the flesh of my human enemies.

After 15 minutes, Braz comes out and looks at me from the hallway. I look at her. She is holding up her hand, palm in, like she is warding away an attack Chinese style.

She then turns her hand around, showing me the vast pool of blood filling it. I switch off the mic and get up to see why she is A) calmly B) bleeding lime a stuck hog.

Turns out there was (emphasis on past tense) a wart on her hand, just at the index finger/palm junction, normally neatly covered by the thumb. Instead, there is a 5mm crater of torn flesh, from which she has been calmly gougeing, grabbing and yanking away chunks of skin. Warts apparently form a bulbous root that she was Hel-bent on removing.

I actually had to leave, as sympathetic tactile thoughts were really getting to me. Cuts, stabs, bashes scrapes and bruises, whatever. This was... Something else. On the upside, it really makes me feel better about my humanity; that's not something I'd be comfortable inflicting on another.

D:

Spoiler
    Show
    This Brazen Shield we're talkin' about? You live with her/him?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground

*Squeal* An assignment of mine got upgraded from 5/10 (pass) to 9/10 (high distinction) because the tutor admitted he made a mistake in phrasing the question and I answered the question that was asked rather than the one he thought he was asking. Highest mark in class. Eeeeeee!

Huh. I usually think of characters as being like blends, like recipes - a touch of this character, a dash of that character, some of this aesthetic, a little more of the quirky, and a little bit of me. But that little heart is hidden, and it doesn't come out except in the best characters.

I think my favoritest character I ever played on these here forums didn't become truly awesome until I discovered the little bit of me in him: his drive to protect his siblings, and to be the responsible big brother, despite his innate drive to hedonistic and wasteful ways. And then he just kept evolving from there, becoming the person that he wanted to be instead of the person that he was.

Once I figure out how to reliably replicate this phenomenon in my original fiction, I'll be in business.
    That sounds exactly like my Ideals process in action.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Random pony RP, take one (Second Hand's introduction):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The day was warm and sunny, and the weather team had made sure there were no clouds in the sky, but on the road to Canterlot, at least one pony was oblivious to the weather's charms. Sitting on a little hill by the side of the road, Second Hand had pulled out his not-so-little bag of tools, and was working away intently with something that appeared to be attached to one of his rear legs. Closer inspection would reveal that it was the leg itself he was tinkering with, as one of the bolts had started to work lose, and replacements were hard to find.
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a bedraggled young earth pony who slowly walked towards Canterlot.

Bronze for her coat, gold for her mane, streak of silver across her brow and mark of a dove in a thunderstorm on her flank. She looked regal, wealthy, proud, aristocratic - the eye kept looking for a crown that wasn't there. In a rather jarring contrast, she wore a bulky and intimidating metal saddle-machine-generator-thing, swarming with twisted wires and cables and humming ominously. Red wires attached silver metal buzzers on her hooves and tied into her tail to the monstrous backpack.

She was also soaked to the bone. There was strange thick, grey smoke seeping from the interior of the device, with a distinctly acidic smell to it. Ever so often, the power gauge on the machine spiked up, sending a brief electric shock through the pony. The jolts shook her but they didn't even break her stride or draw her attention.

Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-05 at 08:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

DAMN Braz, you know they make wart remover, right? Or that you can just get it frozen off at a dermatologist? Or that the viral ones sometimes just go away on their own?

You're way more hardcore than I expected
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Guys. Guys I have to get a shot.
    T_T I don't wanna shot. I don't wanna....
    *bawls*

To make this post more pony friendly:
    I wonder if the ponies have a shot? Like a flu shot or a shot to numb pain?
    Shots aren't all that bad, but then again I went through training to be a phlebotomist and have had more needles jabbed into me than i care to count. Though I guess the last time I got a shot did suck but that's cause it was a flu shot that i got at the beginning of an 8 hour shift so by the end of it I was all sorts of flu sick.

Also man ponies are eating up more and more of my time that I need for other things, like school and my job that starts next week, maybe I should cut back. Or maybe I will start reading fallout equestria ya that sounds like a nice sane plan.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post

D:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that Brazen Shield and yes, she is a she. At least, if I understand correctly.

[color="green"][Tangent] [squick]

Spoiler
    Show

[Tangent] [squick] response
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually figured it would be something like that. Her response made me think a zit or something... although gouging your hand out until it is badly bleeding is perhaps a bit too far.

I hope you had some bandages and cleaning alcohol on hand for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

7. - Top - End - #427

Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Y'know, that's funny, it kind of looks like...

Applejack is Pony Wolverine.
    Brony-to-Brony telepathy strikes again. I was thinking that after shortly I posted it.

Anyways, I was think about what Dangereaux Crossings (I really love saying that name) actually does for work. When I came to the idea that he is essentially a teacher/Steve Irwin, basically he teaches about dangerous wildlife such as the ones found in the everfree forest like manticores, ursas etc. and basic survival things. These are the things he loves, the things he knows, and the things he does. But then I had the realization, how does he demonstrate these things as safely as possible without subjecting anypony to (life-threatening) danger?
    Meet his coworker and assistant [name needed]:

She works as a cameramanpony essentially, using her magic to record clips with Crossings of whatever is needed. She can then project these recorded memories for anypony she wishes. Thus demonstrating the dangers of [insert place or creature here] without any chance of bodily harm to anypony (except Crossings).
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

9. - Top - End - #429
    Banned

D:

Spoiler
    Show
    Worse- we're dating.

And all my really good knives have slowly disappeared. She claims to not know where they are.

Spoiler
    Show

It's too bad our sleep schedules are so different <<;
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-05 at 09:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Brony-to-Brony telepathy strikes again. I was thinking that after shortly I posted it.

Anyways, I was think about what Dangereaux Crossings (I really love saying that name) actually does for work. When I came to the idea that he is essentially a teacher/Steve Irwin, basically he teaches about dangerous wildlife such as the ones found in the everfree forest like manticores, ursas etc. and basic survival things. These are the things he loves, the things he knows, and the things he does. But then I had the realization, how does he demonstrate these things as safely as possible without subjecting anypony to (life-threatening) danger?
    Meet his coworker and assistant [name needed]:

She works as a cameramanpony essentially, using her magic to record clips with Crossings of whatever is needed. She can then project these recorded memories for anypony she wishes. Thus demonstrating the dangers of [insert place or creature here] without any chance of bodily harm to anypony (except Crossings).
    Obviously something that plays off of cameras. And Photo Finish is taken.

Here's a couple random camera words I can think of, see if any strike you as appropriate to her character.

Focus
    Lens
    Reel
    Fade
    Iris
    Flare
    Gaffe
    Cut
    Filter

Maybe Iris Roughcut? I like Iris as her first name

Edit: Also, if she's projecting her MEMORY of the events can she add commentary, or make subjective edits?
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-05 at 08:58 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Braz, I empathize with you entirely.

[tangent][potential squick]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm prone to ingrown nails on my toes and fingers and have had to do some digging to get rid of them/get rid of the pus afterwards.

Well, with Twilight, if she's randomly releasing magic with every sneeze, can't exactly just get some bed rest. She's a danger.

And Dash and Applejack would probably have to be forcibly restrained, and I don't see Fluttershy as being the type to let her being ill keep her from taking care of her animals.

Rarity and Pinkie having a minimum of stubbornness/responsibilities/ability to cause magical chaos, plus Rarity being easily grossed out and Pinkie being... Well, Pinkie, would make them having to take care of their sick friends absolutely hilarious.

But yeah, one or both of them getting sick at the end of the episode would be fitting.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Obviously something that plays off of cameras. And Photo Finish is taken.

Here's a couple random camera words I can think of, see if any strike you as appropriate to her character.

Focus
    Lens
    Reel
    Fade
    Iris
    Flare
    Gaffe
    Cut
    Filter

Maybe Iris Roughcut? I like Iris as her first name

Edit: Also, if she's projecting her MEMORY of the events can she add commentary, or make subjective edits?
    I do rather like the sound of Iris Roughcut... not sure on it yet but that is definitely a good one.

To the question, let's go with... Yes she can edit and commentate on the projections.

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I do rather like the sound of Iris Roughcut... not sure on it yet but that is definitely a good one.

To the question, let's go with... Yes she can edit and commentate on the projections.
    It's definitely better than the first name I thought of; Iris Lensflare

And I only ask because I love to see the Unreliable Narrator trope played for laughs, a la How I Met Your Mother

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    That last Fluttershy pic seems very off to me.

That said, Captain Apple Bloom to the rescue!
    yeah but it would be sweet if it was animated so she started small/far away and got bigger/closer to you

also in case you have not heard..... Steve Jobs passed away earlier today
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-06 at 12:35 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #435

Midnight is Learning
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo nods and sighs, hanging his head. "I know... There are those who give in to temptation, give in to less than good natures. I know my group has flaws, that it's not big enough to do everything we want to do. I know all of these things. I made a similar argument myself at first, with an added 'Why did you let what happened to my world happen?' I don't know how to answer you, I never liked the answers I got."

"However, I've also seen what happens if we don't try. I told you the Multiverse works like an intricate machine. Damage or some disruption in one tiny part of it can spread, cause entire realities to just... Cease to exist. I can't let someone's failure or evil actions hurt an innocent, not if I can do anything about it. I don't want to see another Equestria become as broken as mine was."

"And I'm glad you don't think it gives me some kind of position or authority. I want you to treat me like an individual. I don't want you to judge me based on the actions others in my group, or previous Exalts made anymore than I think you'd want me to judge you based on Snips, Snails or Blueblood."
    He raises his head and holds out a hoof to her. "Will you give me a chance to prove myself with my actions, my words? Will you let me try to be your friend? Please?"

OOC: Ugh, so much drama. But hopefully this will help clear the air between them. I'd much rather them get along, so they can focus their combined efforts on those who deserve it. Like Blueblood Senior!

Dexam, I hope everything will be okay. I can only imagine how worried you must be.
    Midnight is Learning
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight watches as Leo bares all that out, and occasionally her eyes gleam green. She's not the only one in there who is listening to him. As he offers his hoof, there's a pause, and then Midnight reaches out, grasping his hoof in hers.

"Alright, then. Especially since you appear to be painfully aware of things, and I don't sense any arrogance." She smiles. "I'm all about giving ponies a chance. If no ponies had ever given any of my Mommas a chance, or a second chance, then I never would have been born. Everypony deserves it."

She flicks that stray lock of hair out of her eyes, but it simply slips back down between her eyes again.

"I don't like being enemies with anypony anyways."

Guys. Guys I have to get a shot.
    T_T I don't wanna shot. I don't wanna....
    *bawls*

To make this post more pony friendly:
    I wonder if the ponies have a shot? Like a flu shot or a shot to numb pain?
    Braz, lemme tell you a story. When I was younger, I was deathly phobic of needles, to the point where I had to be held down while they were administered. It was that bad.

Now, for my injury, I have to have a needle every four weeks. But it used to be every week. I'm not afraid of needles anymore. They're old hat.

I totaled it up, and over the past two years, I've had somewhere around seventy injections. If I can manage that, you can manage one. I know you can.

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Look on the bright side in every situation, Miss Brazen.

At least I'm not the doctor administering the shots! Aha! Ahahahaha! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

D:

Spoiler
    Show
    I am very much a 'her' ^^ and SiuiS and I are bf/gf/room mates. Been living together for going on a year and a half now. We were dating before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    DAMN Braz, you know they make wart remover, right? Or that you can just get it frozen off at a dermatologist? Or that the viral ones sometimes just go away on their own?

You're way more hardcore than I expected.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Braz, honey. You tore out chunks of your own flesh with tweezers out of spite. You aren't allowed to be afraid of needles
    I tried to suffocate it but it just wouldn't die
    XD

Wart remover never works, though I do use it as a way to reach the root faster. I've had this wart for over a year and have had one in the same spot before (my first, that I also removed in such a way)

I work too much to make an appointment to get it removed by freezing and THE DAMN THING HAD PISSED ME OFF FOR THE LAST TIME.

And... Thanks? I think ><

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Shots aren't all that bad, but then again I went through training to be a phlebotomist and have had more needles jabbed into me than i care to count. Though I guess the last time I got a shot did suck but that's cause it was a flu shot that i got at the beginning of an 8 hour shift so by the end of it I was all sorts of flu sick.
    Yeah, my coworker just went through the blood drawing part of her med assistant training and said much the same.
    I just don't like needles ;(

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Yes, that Brazen Shield and yes, she is a she. *At least, if I understand correctly.
    You are correct!!

Spoiler
    Show
    I actually figured it would be something like that. Her response made me think a zit or something... although gouging your hand out until it is badly bleeding is perhaps a bit too far.

I hope you had some bandages and cleaning alcohol on hand for that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Warts are notorious or being bleeders. Pressure worked just fine after I was done digging. I couldn't see after the first few second because of all the blood so I had it under running water the rest of the time. That and the blood cleaned it well enough to where it didn't get an infection of any sort. Now I just have to see if I got all of the root or if the ****er will grow back >>.

Worse- we're dating.
    And what does that mean!

Edit:
    Braz, I empathize with you entirely.

[tangent][potential squick]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm prone to ingrown nails on my toes and fingers and have had to do some digging to get rid of them/get rid of the pus afterwards.
    And now you know where I got the practice and the pain tolerance~

Edit2:
    Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post

Braz, lemme tell you a story. When I was younger, I was deathly phobic of needles, to the point where I had to be held down while they were administered. It was that bad.

Now, for my injury, I have to have a needle every four weeks. But it used to be every week. I'm not afraid of needles anymore. They're old hat.

I totaled it up, and over the past two years, I've had somewhere around seventy injections. If I can manage that, you can manage one. I know you can.
    *sniff*
    Kay. I don't really have a choice anyway... Stupid foot and the not working correct-like
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-05 at 09:39 PM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

17. - Top - End - #437

Story related, sort of:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In a similar vein, last year I was suffering from constant fatigue among other things. I was sleeping easily 15 hours a day. This lead to taking me to my doctor finally, who ordered some blood tests. They drew 4 vials of blood the first trip. They found nothing from these tests, so next week they drew 3 more which whoever actually tests it managed to mess up (something about exposing it to light). I believe we had to draw another three the next week to replace those when we found out. This is when we found out the problem was severe Vitamin D deficiency (It was like 10 where the 'regular' levels are supposed to be 35 or something like that) I think we went monthly after that to monitor it. I was out of school from Thanksgiving to March approximately.

We still haven't found out why it was so low, because it wasn't like I didn't spend time in the sun and I ate properly.

Anyways the point of that story is after having a total of like 15-20 vials of blood drawn over a month, the whole 'we need to stab you', like esper said, "I'm not afraid of needles anymore. They're old hat." I also became friends with the phlebotomist because we went so many times.

I really wish I knew MLP:FiM was awesome at the time, that would definitely have made the hours I was awake be much more enjoyable.

18. - Top - End - #438

Hey ponythread, guess what? I just made 100 dollers from a bet!
    Based on Ponies!
    I am rich! All-powerful! All due to EDs insane view ratings!

M̶̨͙̝͕̳̪͍̙͔̙̪͈̟̱̝̣̗̰̰̆͒ͥ̄͐͒̈͊̈͒̆̅ü̉̌̓͒͛҉̶̙̳̥̲̻̻̠̺ ̼͚̮͉͕h̢̨͚͚̼̙̭̠̬͍̺̠͌ͦ̊̀͛͢͞a̵̵̴̼̫̫̘̥͚͍ͮ̑ͤ̑ͦ̊ͥ͗͛̍̉̈̏̈ ͎̺̖͕̻̼͚̩̬ḩ̶̷̢̪̗̬͈̯͕͎͚͉̱ͩ͊ͥ̑̎ͨͬͧ́̀ͬ͢ͅa̒ͬ̔ͥ͗͆ͪ͋ͥͭͤ͘ ̶̧̡̞̪̖̘͍̮͟ḩ̛͉͇̱̮̝̪̥̫̺̝̭̙ͪ̾͂̽̿͗͊̽̄͑̾͋̓́̀͘a͛̽ͨͮ͊̽ͤ̚ ̧̲̪̯̱̙̻̠͖͓̥͈̯͉̥̩ͦ͋͒ͪ͟ḥ̶̸͓̹̟̫̝ͥ̿͐ͣ́a̷̢̡̮̬̱͇͒̐̋̍h́̓ ̧͔̱͍̰͖͚̦͈̳̩̰͚̦̮̫̼̍̇ͭ͡ͅả̬̳̙͉̞̭͖̗̼̭̠̹̹̭̤͌̐̈́̔ͭ̾̈́̈́̚͡͝ ̲͇̘h̢͇̹̫͓͎̜́ͦͬ̓͂̀͗̆̌ͬ͛͐̌̌́͠͠a͈͇͓̤̪̹̫̜̗͍̙̽ͬ̆ͨ́ͣͪͫ͝͝ ̫̜̗h̪͍̰̫̯̼͎ͦ̓ͨ̄͗͌̈́̍̄ͬ́̚͜͡h̡̘̥̘̙͈̝̯̪̩̜͎̝̃̾̍͂ͭ̏̓̎̀͘a ́̇ͮ͏̫̱̗̟̱̺̤̠̠͈̤̬̯̮̰̱̗́̕͠ḩ̡̠͉͍̫̠ͩ̐̋̂͋͗̄ͪͪͨ͆͑ͬ͌̌̓̚͢ ̭̲͍̭͙a̐ͣ̃͆̍̂͊ͮͨͯ͏̵͓̖̺h̡̜̰̳̩̜͈̙͍͎͔̲͕̩̹̥͌ͭ̍ͩ̽̀͘ā̏̅̏ ̢͕̬͎̣̠̮̝͕͔̞̆̏̓̆̆̏̍̊̂ͭ̊̽ͭ̚͡h̸̛̫̤̫͖̙͓̣̩̙̖͙̳̖̰̠̿̅̑̅a̚ ́̈́̃̂̏ͫ͠҉̷̢̤̭̪̩ͅḧ́̊̂ͤ͑̅ͧͦ̆̎̾ͭ͋̎͏̱̬̩̮̹̹̀͝͠ả̆͂̐ͣ͊͗ͬͨ ̸̔͒̒̈́ͬ̊҉̴͖͈͚͇̱̯͜!̡͇̖͉̤̪̹̦̽̅̄͆̀̕͢
    Soon, it will all fall into place, yes...
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-10-05 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Colossus in the Playground

Biology/Medicine, y u so gross?

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

Midnight is Learning
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight watches as Leo bares all that out, and occasionally her eyes gleam green. She's not the only one in there who is listening to him. As he offers his hoof, there's a pause, and then Midnight reaches out, grasping his hoof in hers.

"Alright, then. Especially since you appear to be painfully aware of things, and I don't sense any arrogance." She smiles. "I'm all about giving ponies a chance. If no ponies had ever given any of my Mommas a chance, or a second chance, then I never would have been born. Everypony deserves it."

She flicks that stray lock of hair out of her eyes, but it simply slips back down between her eyes again.

"I don't like being enemies with anypony anyways."
    Midnight is Learning [We could probably use a title change ]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leo smiles and politely shakes Midnight's hoof. "Thanks. It means a lot to me. I'm kind of hoping I'll be around for a long while, and it's always good to have friends..." He releases her hoof after a bit, and smiles.
    "So... Can I help you with anything? Maybe prank your Blueblood, provided he's the pompous jerk he is in about ninety-five percent of all Equestrias or run some errands?"

And now you know where I got the practice and the pain tolerance~
    I'm weird about my pain tolerance actually. Depends on what kind of pain and if its constant or not. If it's an ache I can tune it out. I've not noticed that I got a thorn in my leg, or that I scratched myself until I notice, or someone points it out for me, that it's bleeding. I've managed to close my fingers in a sliding van door and not notice until I tried to walk away.

Sharp stabbing pains, stomach aches, anything that itches or if it comes and goes in waves? It's "Oh god I'm gonna die!"
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

21. - Top - End - #441

I have long since joked that I am going to end up with track marks on my shoulder, like I'm doing some sort of weird way of injecting heroin or something into my system.

Oh, one thing being in constant pain does for you: Improves your pain tolerance massively. I shrug off pretty much any sort of minor pain or hurt these days, because, damn it, I've felt worse!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

I just watched Swarm of the Century (On my TV! Yeah!) and I gotta say the Discord episodes were a lot more serious then the rest of the season. Things got borderline grim, amirite?

23. - Top - End - #443

I'm weird about my pain tolerance actually. Depends on what kind of pain and if its constant or not. If it's an ache I can tune it out. I've not noticed that I got a thorn in my leg, or that I scratched myself until I notice, or someone points it out for me, that it's bleeding. I've managed to close my fingers in a sliding van door and not notice until I tried to walk away.

Sharp stabbing pains, stomach aches, anything that itches or if it comes and goes in waves? It's "Oh god I'm gonna die!"
    And I'm the exact opposite. The little itches and persistent aches drive me nuts but the sharp stuff takes me a couple seconds to register, and by that point the initial shock of whatever pierced/crushed/smacked some part of my body has worn off and I can deal with it a little more rationally.

I'm gonna seem like a wimp compared to some of you but the worst pain I had was when I wrenched something in my neck in the middle of a training class at work, then had to work the rest of the day with the pain slowly building and reducing my range of motion, then drive home and lie down on a hard surface with a towel supporting my neck.

Not enough Acetaminophen in the WORLD.

24. - Top - End - #444

I just watched Swarm of the Century (On my TV! Yeah!) and I gotta say the Discord episodes were a lot more serious then the rest of the season. Things got borderline grim, amirite?
    Grim they were, but awesome. I truly appreciate that a show, that is ostensibly for children, is willing to go to those darker places.

And get John De Lancie to sprinkle it with a healthy dose of his brilliance. (Trekkie SQUEEE)
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445

Yeah, Discord was way more threatening than NMM in her two part episode. Just goes to show how far the production team has come over the season.

Even swarm of the century had in jokes for adults. Like a blazing saddles reference, or the fact that the entire episode was lifted straight from Trouble with Tribbles.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

I come bearing pictures of ponies

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447

Spoiler
    Show

Illustrated picture to go with Scoot's fic: A chicken sitting on a dictionary.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #448

Spoiler
    Show

I see SOMEpony just discovered http://bronies.memebase.com/

29. - Top - End - #449

Spoiler for tangent: shot update

Spoiler
    Show
    So got that shot. It hurt and it sucked but I didnt get a panic attack which is good I guess. Got the shot because my foot problem, one that made it hard to walk or work, got so bad one day I couldn't walk without extreme pain. (I did anyway, and was promptly sent home by my manager because I was in tears)

So I got that shot of cortisone today, and now I can't walk again. First my foot was numb, like tingly-asleep-foot numb, and now it feels like I have a Charlie-horse that stretches from the middle toe to the middle fatty part of the bottom of my foot. I just can't win

The California Girl's Pinkie Pie, VERY well done! I thinks that's my new favorite!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Illustrated picture to go with Scoot's fic: A chicken sitting on a dictionary.
    well played sir, well played indeed
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar