New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I'm weird about my pain tolerance actually. Depends on what kind of pain and if its constant or not. If it's an ache I can tune it out. I've not noticed that I got a thorn in my leg, or that I scratched myself until I notice, or someone points it out for me, that it's bleeding. I've managed to close my fingers in a sliding van door and not notice until I tried to walk away.

Sharp stabbing pains, stomach aches, anything that itches or if it comes and goes in waves? It's "Oh god I'm gonna die!"
    Aye, only add in whether I, another, or circumstances inflict the pain. I can jab myself all to hey as needed, but somepony else jumps in and BAM! I'm crawling with subcutaneous ants made of fire, feasting on my nerves

Random circumstances warrant less crying, more swear+punch something. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I just watched Swarm of the Century (On my TV! Yeah!) and I gotta say the Discord episodes were a lot more serious then the rest of the season. Things got borderline grim, amirite?
    Eyup. It's a point of plot (giggety) that the season openers are more epic in scope, serious, focused (Er, kinda) and different.

-

Random query. I am has XBOX llive, but a dumb, default account name because it's only free to change once.
    Should I rename it Starry Notions or WizardPony?

I defer tou your wisdom, ponythread.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Just wanted to say thanks to everypony who linked those fics for me to read. They all seem to be quite good and entertaing and have been the perfect thing to wake me up.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Wellp, I've gone through and put together a chapter-by-chapter framework for the MLP/Firefly fanfic that's stuck in my head. But not 100% yet on the flow of things. Should probably go back and work on it some more before I begin drafting the chapters ... or do you guys find that you tend to re-write/change your plot significantly once you start writing?

Might post the synopsis or chapter-by-chapter framework here if anyone is interested in having a look and providing feedback =3 (Even if it's limited to "MLP/Firefly will never work because they are simply incompatible in terms of subject matter" ... because, yes, that is something that I've definitely been wrestling with, although I think I've got something workable. Even if it's a bit ambitious for a first MLP fanfic ><)

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

Y'know, that's funny, it kind of looks like...

Applejack is Pony Wolverine.
    Nonsense, that role in the MLP verse goes to Filigree the Gryphon. (Props to anyone who knows what I'm talking about)

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post

Random pony RP, take one (Second Hand's introduction):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The day was warm and sunny, and the weather team had made sure there were no clouds in the sky, but on the road to Canterlot, at least one pony was oblivious to the weather's charms. Sitting on a little hill by the side of the road, Second Hand had pulled out his not-so-little bag of tools, and was working away intently with something that appeared to be attached to one of his rear legs. Closer inspection would reveal that it was the leg itself he was tinkering with, as one of the bolts had started to work lose, and replacements were hard to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a bedraggled young earth pony who slowly walked towards Canterlot.

Bronze for her coat, gold for her mane, streak of silver across her brow and mark of a dove in a thunderstorm on her flank. She looked regal, wealthy, proud, aristocratic - the eye kept looking for a crown that wasn't there. In a rather jarring contrast, she wore a bulky and intimidating metal saddle-machine-generator-thing, swarming with twisted wires and cables and humming ominously. Red wires attached silver metal buzzers on her hooves and tied into her tail to the monstrous backpack.

She was also soaked to the bone. There was strange thick, grey smoke seeping from the interior of the device, with a distinctly acidic smell to it. Ever so often, the power gauge on the machine spiked up, sending a brief electric shock through the pony. The jolts shook her but they didn't even break her stride or draw her attention.

What's the dealy-o with these things anyway? Just jump in and start posting? :P

Congrats on the assignment upgrade btw. Nice to see a teacher who is willing to admit a mistake.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I've been thinking about just buying the twelve-pack.
    That is a very tempting offer... only I already have my three favorite official ponies, so I'm not sure how I'd handle having dupes... I mean I already don't know where to have the ones I have now without raising too many questions >_>;;

That's an interesting process, and seemingly quite removed from mine. Mine involves creating people I can't imagine the thought processes of, exploring them, and then, if they work, integrating them with the core. It's not so much refining myself as it is expanding on myself by making me think in ways I never considered before.

The seed part is the tricky part here (I think of it in terms of aiming/preparing conditions for momentum). I've got a method for it that works wonders for me, though. I give each character an Ideal - what their perfect world and enlightenment looks like, and then I come up with a flawed version of the Ideal that will lead them down the wrong path. And the characters literally write themselves from there.

And oh good, I'm not the only one who argues with his own characters (I might still be the only one who does it outside of the actual games though).

I love name selection, and I love naming other people's things. It just involves defocusing your mind and playing word association, looking for sounds that work.

My approach works great for this. Characters become thought patterns rather than the other way around. See, the main challenge is understanding how a character thinks - and it's possible to understand how people think without being them, or liking them. Think about the people you know really well, like them or dislike them, and figure out how they think - great way to start building thought patterns.
    So I'm totally jamming most of your post into one quote even though it wasn't all at me but TOO BAD I'm going to respond to it anyway!

That's pretty wild to me, to start with a character, THEN work out their thought processes. As a personal note, I am an INTJ on the Myers Briggs scale. I am nothing if not someone that thinks and analyzes things on what is probably an absurd scale. I like to build systems and toy with worldviews. It is very difficult for me to envision a character and to NOT see them as a three dimensional person from the start, and try to pick apart their thoughts and motivations. If someone or something falls short of that it's hard to see past them as merely a 2D entity that serves a single purpose, be it a running gag or what all else have you.

I have a ball looking at characters and figuring them out. It makes it easy to understand why people do what they do, and it makes it hard to see other people's interpretations when they go off model, or my perceived model at least. It's even harder for me to start from scratch and make a new character, because I want to give them that spark of personality depth right off the bat. Only trick is that's an amazingly huge undertaking for a blank slate, and it's hard for me to think of a seed to grow an OC out of, and not have it feel like a gimmick, like this character's entire state of being is dependent on that one foundational seed. Characters ARE thought patterns, it's hard to separate the two ideas for me, but then it turns into the old chicken/egg problem.

I am proud to have exactly one OC to my name. He hasn't shown up here or most places, and he's forever a WiP, but he's mine to play with and to tinker. Maybe one day I'll post something. And even then, he was originally an aspect of myself, as a GMPC that was going to be in a homebrew campaign a friend and I were putting together. That fell apart, but I've held onto that story, and since then he's grown apart from me. (That said I'd love to work on that story, but I can't pick characterizations for the *rest* of the party. Doh >_< )

I guess I can say that I do argue with my own OCs, if one considers my circles OCs in and of their own right, haha. But that's almost like a visual representation of my conflicts of interest. I do plan on making that a story one day (the sooner the better) in which the different aspects of myself are narrating my own life, and maintain a running dialogue with themselves, and occasionally me in real life, to the confusion of those around me. This... this is a thing that has been known to happen for real.

Name selection is TONS of fun, and something that I... wait for it... overthink all too easily. Sometimes you just gotta think of a name and run with it. I'm a fan of secret significance behind names, I like to see how long it takes people to find and point them out.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Well, pick or make a character. We mostly use OCs, but we've also had CrazyLyra, Blueblood, Trixie, the Main Caste, and Celestia. I think we had crazy Luna at one point.

Then just jump in and start posting.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

I got really behind in this thread.

Have a derpy. <3

Spoiler
    Show

Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I got really behind in this thread.

Have a derpy. <3

Spoiler
    Show

A fellow derpy lover! We must become friends hi I'm Ido.

8. - Top - End - #458

So, I am exhausted, so I am just doing a quick response post and then going to bed. Full time work sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    To be fair, I think that it would be more accurate if you did it while wearing shoes on your hands, rather than socks (or both if you prefer).
    Yeah, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I want video evidence.
    Don't worry, I plan on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    BTW: Does anypony know when Season 2 Ep 3 Airs? I was so mad I though it was gonna be this weekend and I'd actually be able to watch it live on TV when it first hit and then it was just a rerun!
    October 15th is when the new actual episodes start up.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    [color="green"]
    Spoiler
    Show

YES. Thank you SiuiS. Thank you.

SPOILERED FOR FINANCIAL STUFF: Do not open if you care about how much money I have. (Trust me it makes sense. I just know that flashing money can be considered in very bad taste but that is not the point of this image I promise aaagh paranoia go away!)
    Spoiler
    Show

...S-Should I do it? I'm hovering over the bid button. AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-05 at 11:33 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

9. - Top - End - #459
    Firbolg in the Playground

Opera.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    SPOILERED FOR FINANCIAL STUFF: Do not open if you care about how much money I have. (Trust me it makes sense.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Nooo, as great as that is saving your money is even greater long term =0

11. - Top - End - #461

SPOILERED FOR FINANCIAL STUFF: Do not open if you care about how much money I have. (Trust me it makes sense.)
    Spoiler
    Show

ATTENTION PERSON WITH POOR IMPULSE CONTROL! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED! STEP AWAY FROM THE BID KEY! REPEAT: STEP AWAY FROM THE BID KEY.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-05 at 11:35 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

12. - Top - End - #462
    Banned

Wellp, I've gone through and put together a chapter-by-chapter framework for the MLP/Firefly fanfic that's stuck in my head. But not 100% yet on the flow of things. Should probably go back and work on it some more before I begin drafting the chapters ... or do you guys find that you tend to re-write/change your plot significantly once you start writing?

Might post the synopsis or chapter-by-chapter framework here if anyone is interested in having a look and providing feedback =3 (Even if it's limited to "MLP/Firefly will never work because they are simply incompatible in terms of subject matter" ... because, yes, that is something that I've definitely been wrestling with, although I think I've got something workable. Even if it's a bit ambitious for a first MLP fanfic ><)
    Aye. Once a writin endeavor is underway, it's a lot like exploring a cave. Going in, you know it runs north, bears east, is about 3 meters wide/tall, rough, and ends in a big room.

Actually going through, you see things that just didn't occur, because they were irrelevant at that level. The floor undulates. There are columns of rock formed by stalac- and stlagm-ites. You come across a pool of blind fish, and realize that you should have been mentioning the ever-growing puddles you've been coming across this whole time, and have to go back and foreshadow. Etc.

Writing is an arduous process, because an idea, and a well-written idea are different by magnitudes. I suspect folks like Thanqol and Raz use ultrasound and echolocation to map out more specifics than my line, circle, and approximations.

Congrats on the assignment upgrade btw. Nice to see a teacher who is willing to admit a mistake.
    Aye, just jump on in. You see something a character would respond to, respond as that character. If it becomes more than a one-off joke, label is as RP and go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Well, pick or make a character. We mostly use OCs, but we've also had CrazyLyra, Blueblood, Trixie, the Main Caste, and Celestia. I think we had crazy Luna at one point.

Then just jump in and start posting.
    I did a drunk Luna for a bit, until I foisted her off on MCerberus, who then almost lost her to the shipnote'd and lovestruck RebelHero.

And then a giant cthulhlu-esque construct of Pinkie's head, animated by the resonant memories of the pink one cultists had a tea party with a log.

We sort of get carried away with this stuff.

-

Not going to go through all me quotestuffs jus Now, so;
    TITANIUM FOX (JADE)!
    I'm gonna start making a sparse synopsis of stuff as I go through my quote walls. Could you help me out, keep a separate document wherein you right an overview of the thread? I'll do the same and post it every now and again.

Folks who want catchup; how far back should I start? Give me a thread number, sil vous plait.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Banned

DON'T DO IT MAN

You can get hundreds of Fluttershys made for you at that price

Or hay, you could go visit this mysterious UK fillyfriend, if you want all the savings gone in one swoop. but I cannot call you friend, and in good conscience let you do it.

Seriously, the current bid is $200. Email the producer or find their deviantart accept, and be all "I have $300 cash in hand. I want a Fluttershy in the next 60 days. Do we have a deal?"
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-05 at 11:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464

Goodnight everypony!

Have some pic-a-tures:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465

Good work pony thread! It took like 8 threads but you finally got me to break down and change my avatar from "stabby dude in a black cloak" to something pony.

Now I just need an element!
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    A fellow derpy lover! We must become friends hi I'm Ido.
    Howdy. ^.^

Derpy rocks.

<--- See?

(Source)

... that might be a bit much to spend, and you never know when an emergency will come up. It's your money though.

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Good work pony thread! It took like 8 threads but you finally got me to break down and change my avatar from "stabby dude in a black cloak" to something pony.

Is the element of stabby taken? Siuis did you have that one covered?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Howdy. ^.^

Derpy rocks.

<--- See?

(Source)
    Not going to lie, I've seen that picture before, and it's still one of my favorites of her. So great /)^3^(\

But seriously, I can't decide which of the mane cast is my favorite, but it doesn't matter, because whoever I decide will only be second favorite, with Derpy at the top <3
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-05 at 11:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468

I posted that because I figured someone might have a legitimate interest, but NOT to encourage anypony to spend money they shouldn't.
    I would feel really bad if I was responsible for that.

Edit: Yeah, commissions are the way to go.
    Last edited by Topaz; 2011-10-05 at 11:57 PM.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This is a fairly bad decision, especially if your bank charges for large withdrawals. For $12K, you could easily hire someone to make a high-quality Fluttershy plushie. I would make you one for $12K, though I would have to teach myself how first.

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Opera.
    Eeeyup. Opera is best browser.

Nooo, as great as that is saving your money is even greater long term =0
    ATTENTION PERSON WITH POOR IMPULSE CONTROL! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED! STEP AWAY FROM THE BID KEY! REPEAT: STEP AWAY FROM THE BID KEY.
    Butbutbut... Fluttershy! (In seriousness, I do want to, but I know exactly how irresponsible that would be, and do not intend to actually do so. I did consider it, but I couldn't actually go through with it.)

Not going to go through all me quotestuffs jus Now, so;
    TITANIUM FOX (JADE)!
    I'm gonna start making a sparse synopsis of stuff as I go through my quote walls. Could you help me out, keep a separate document wherein you right an overview of the thread? I'll do the same and post it every now and again.

Folks who want catchup; how far back should I start? Give me a thread number, sil vous plait.
    I would honestly say start from here and move forward. Make going through the backlogs kind of a "rainy day" project, if you wanna split them 13 and 13 that would be cool with me.

Also I don't know precisely how well I'm going to be able to keep up with this. At least until I get settled in at work. Time = No lately.

Also, are you thinking a document containing our quote-posts? Or just like...

TOPICS:
    *Fluttertree Conspiracy
    *Out in the Cold
    *Season 2 Episode 3 Spoilers and Discussion
    *Lix successfully clones herself, self shipping ensues
    *etc...

DON'T DO IT MAN

You can get hundreds of Fluttershys made for you at that price

Or hay, you could go visit this mysterious UK fillyfriend, if you want all the savings gone in one swoop.
    ...Wow. Okay yeah. Point. I need to go to bed, not look at ponies on ebay. I think this might end poorly if I do.

I posted that because I figured someone might have a legitimate interest, but NOT to encourage anypony to spend money they shouldn't.

I would feel really bad if I was responsible for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    This is a fairly bad decision, especially if your bank charges for large withdrawals. For $12K, you could easily hire someone to make a high-quality Fluttershy plushie. I would make you one for $12K, though I would have to teach myself how first.
    I'm calm, I'm calm. I think I had a minor hemorrhage at seeing one that's actually show accurate (don't get me wrong the other ones are cute but you can still tell they're amateur). Don't worry, it's not going to happen.

...I guess now take it at face value for the lulz?

...P-Please?
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-05 at 11:53 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Element of Stabbing has not been taken as far as I can tell.

Happens all the time. Especially if you suddenly get THAT IDEA that demands to be written into your story.

22. - Top - End - #472

Is the element of stabby taken? Siuis did you have that one covered?

Not going to lie, I've seen that picture before, and it's still one of my favorites of her. So great /)^3^(\

But seriously, I can't decide which of the mane cast is my favorite, but it doesn't matter, because whoever I decide will only be second favorite, with Derpy at the top <3
    I don't really FEEL stabby. Is the element of Treachery taken? That's vaguely related, and I did manage to rick roll several of you a few pages back, that's a LITTLE treacherous. At least by Equestria standards

I'll ponder this and figure something out before thread 27. Can someone repost the list of what's taken?
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-05 at 11:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

Heck, for $1,000 you can buy a book on how to make plushes, and pick up a ton of material and filling, and make all the ponies you want...

Hang on I need to go buy a book.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Firbolg in the Playground

TOPICS:
    *Fluttertree Conspiracy
    *Out in the Cold
    *Season 2 Episode 3 Spoilers and Discussion
    *Lix successfully clones herself, self shipping ensues
    *etc...
    *There's a picture floating around that clearly shows Fluttershy sleeping with Rainbow Dash

*We need to find a way to make Midnight's life more complicated. Love triangle worked, but maybe Blueblood II could have a saucy 'improving' of their meeting published as part of a book

*Valve Hub can't count to 3

*Already happened. Twice. In the past 10 seconds

*et al
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

man, that would suck. At that point I wouldn't even have had coffee; the glove would probably knock me senseless XD

And I was trying to say that, of the ponies who could apply science-y terms, I'm horribly unqualified. I mean, hay! I practice(d) holistic medicine, spinal fluid manipulation and shiatsu. I'm three chunks of quartz and one mismatched mythology away from being a hack.
    I don't actually own a frilly powdered glove right now, but there are a lot of metropolitan areas between us--I'll find one. And you're looking at it backwards. That's the perfect excuse for misusing jargon. If Deepak Chopra can be on TV all the time claiming that the Heisenberg uncertainty principle is the ticket to financial success with no one ever calling him on it, then you can get away with using literally whatever science-y terms you want as long as they sound legit.

Anyway, test tomorrow, I should be asleep.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Colossus in the Playground

Apparently! That's what I'm going with!

And yeah, I think the fact that I've been immensely on-topic in his classes encouraged him to take another look. You know the type of class where the tutor asks a question and nobody answers and then they gotta answer their own question? Never happen in a tute I'm in these days. Ponies helped me overcome my social phobias/apathy.

So I'm totally jamming most of your post into one quote even though it wasn't all at me but TOO BAD I'm going to respond to it anyway!

That's pretty wild to me, to start with a character, THEN work out their thought processes. As a personal note, I am an INTJ on the Myers Briggs scale. I am nothing if not someone that thinks and analyzes things on what is probably an absurd scale. I like to build systems and toy with worldviews. It is very difficult for me to envision a character and to NOT see them as a three dimensional person from the start, and try to pick apart their thoughts and motivations. If someone or something falls short of that it's hard to see past them as merely a 2D entity that serves a single purpose, be it a running gag or what all else have you.
    Trying to develop a thought process in abstract is, in my experience, doomed to failure. Without living the role a bit you're essentially building stereotypes on stereotypes. Think about it this way - without roleplaying the character you're constructing, you can't learn anything about them. Actually playing the character is the system you use to analyse a thought pattern.

A character that works is, for me, one who can be put in any context or setting and be a viable character in that setting. Emotions, moods, base assumptions and destinations. And that involves reducing the character to a few basic foundational principles, and then looking at whatever world through the context of those principles. Aim and release.

I have a ball looking at characters and figuring them out. It makes it easy to understand why people do what they do, and it makes it hard to see other people's interpretations when they go off model, or my perceived model at least. It's even harder for me to start from scratch and make a new character, because I want to give them that spark of personality depth right off the bat. Only trick is that's an amazingly huge undertaking for a blank slate, and it's hard for me to think of a seed to grow an OC out of, and not have it feel like a gimmick, like this character's entire state of being is dependent on that one foundational seed. Characters ARE thought patterns, it's hard to separate the two ideas for me, but then it turns into the old chicken/egg problem.
    My process for coming up with seeds involves strange word association games and stuff. Abstract terms. Echoes, Victory, Isolation, Volume, and Pride were the words that directly lead to Jayden. A set of themes that I can see everywhere in the character. Words like that form the foundations of thought patterns.

My point here is, for me, if you do character gen right then characters will write themselves.

I guess I can say that I do argue with my own OCs, if one considers my circles OCs in and of their own right, haha. But that's almost like a visual representation of my conflicts of interest. I do plan on making that a story one day (the sooner the better) in which the different aspects of myself are narrating my own life, and maintain a running dialogue with themselves, and occasionally me in real life, to the confusion of those around me. This... this is a thing that has been known to happen for real.
    Heh, sounds cool.

Name selection is TONS of fun, and something that I... wait for it... overthink all too easily. Sometimes you just gotta think of a name and run with it. I'm a fan of secret significance behind names, I like to see how long it takes people to find and point them out.
    Names must:
    - Have a nickname/affectionate version
    - Be able to be shouted
    - Sound reasonable at every level of shortening/lengthening.
    - Colour the personality of the character who grew up with that name.

Jayden Brackman/Mavel:
    Jayden: Androgynous, soft, memetic, sounds good no matter the volume/emotion, particularly easy to say while exasperated. Mavel: (Mother's name) Low-brow, sugar-sweet pop-star-ish, links to Marvel. Brackman: (Father's name) Cold, scientific, ugly, harsh, sounds like crunching rocks and is True.

Sound matters more than meaning.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't really FEEL stabby. Is the element of Treachery taken? That's vaguely related, and I did manage to rick roll several of you a few pages back, that's a LITTLE treacherous. At least by Equestria standards

I'll ponder this and figure something out before thread 27. Can someone repost the list of what's taken?
    Here we go.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

As others have said, come up with a character and jump on in! The water's fine!

*Squeal* An assignment of mine got upgraded from 5/10 (pass) to 9/10 (high distinction) because the tutor admitted he made a mistake in phrasing the question and I answered the question that was asked rather than the one he thought he was asking. Highest mark in class. Eeeeeee!
    Congrats! Something like that happened on one of my homework assignments a while back, and it was a big relief to get the regrade back and see the change!

Spoiler
    Show

It was a bedraggled young earth pony who slowly walked towards Canterlot.

Bronze for her coat, gold for her mane, streak of silver across her brow and mark of a dove in a thunderstorm on her flank. She looked regal, wealthy, proud, aristocratic - the eye kept looking for a crown that wasn't there. In a rather jarring contrast, she wore a bulky and intimidating metal saddle-machine-generator-thing, swarming with twisted wires and cables and humming ominously. Red wires attached silver metal buzzers on her hooves and tied into her tail to the monstrous backpack.

She was also soaked to the bone. There was strange thick, grey smoke seeping from the interior of the device, with a distinctly acidic smell to it. Ever so often, the power gauge on the machine spiked up, sending a brief electric shock through the pony. The jolts shook her but they didn't even break her stride or draw her attention.

RP Time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A strange sound brought the clockwork pony out of his focus on self-repair. The mechanical humming grew louder as he glanced up, catching sight of the approaching stranger as she appeared from around a bend in the road. There was a soft whine of servos adjusting as his gaze flicked between the striking earth pony and the equally striking machine she carried.

Certainly, Second Hand was no stranger to mechanical devices, but most ponies treated them as novelties or status symbols; it was rare to see pony and machine so integrated (outside himself, of course). His surprise might explain why the only greeting he could come up with was a monosyllable.

"Wow."

After a moment, the clockwork pony recovered, and it dawned on him that the smoke might not be an original design feature of the machine.

"A-are you alright?"

I need to keep someone like you around at all times...I'd probably spend much less on Amazon <.< >.>

Aaaand I think it's time for bed now! G'night thread!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-06 at 12:12 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    RP Time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A strange sound brought the clockwork pony out of his focus on self-repair. The mechanical humming grew louder as he glanced up, catching sight of the approaching stranger as she appeared from around a bend in the road. There was a soft whine of servos adjusting as his gaze flicked between the striking earth pony and the equally striking machine she carried.

Certainly, Second Hand was no stranger to mechanical devices, but most ponies treated them as novelties or status symbols; it was rare to see pony and machine so integrated (outside himself, of course). His surprise might explain why the only greeting he could come up with was a monosyllable.

"Wow."

After a moment, the clockwork pony recovered, and it dawned on him that the smoke might not be an original design feature of the machine.

"A-are you alright?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm?" The gold-coloured pony looked up from her own thoughts, and then reflexively bowed her head. "Good afternoon. Do not concern yourself about my wellbeing; I merely learned an important lesson about waterproofing."

The formality was crisp and practised, politeness taking absolute priority over the hint of bafflement in her eyes.

I need to keep someone like you around at all times...I'd probably spend much less on Amazon <.< >.>
    I have a phobia against spending money in general.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-06 at 12:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

Probably an old one, but still awesome:

Spoiler
    Show