New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    EDIT EDIT: And to keep things mildly pony-related - pony tabletop games - what's the D&D/M&M/Exalted/CoC/etc. equivalent(s) in Equestria?
    Dungeons (in the place you are banished to) & Dragons, Moons and Mares and Call of the Cutie.

Exalted is probably still Exalted.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    EDIT: HOLY CRAP I'M A DWAAAAAAAARF

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Spoiler
    Show
    Is, uh, is there a list of all the ranks? I kind of want to know what they are...
    Here you go. I don't even recall where I'm at by now; I guess I'll see out as soon as I post, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

3. - Top - End - #843
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Modguin: And now that the appropriate announcement has been linked, I'm going to ask that discussion about user titles cease. Thank you.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

So, we are going, based on a joke and a rumor, to sail a Rocket powered bunker of all things, into mindspace, to find a Scoltish submareine, chase it down, and use it to somehow find a trapped princess?

I am surprised nopony else is getting in on this.
    Well, I'd love to, but I think Leo is still talking with Midnight.

And I believe that the general consensus is that I should keep him out of action-adventure stuff as much as possible...
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Barbarian in the Playground

... Really?
    Yep, and this is my second post in this thread.

Well, it looks like my absence for almost half a thread was completely unnoticed...

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    [RP]Blue Ponies Yay!

Ah. I should visit Fillydelphia; my sister Green Eyes lives near there and says it's nice.

It's funny, but when I was younger I wasn't very social. Then I finally realized that what I liked to do was help other ponies, and the more ponies, the more that need help, right? So I kind of went from being a suburban pony to an urban one.
    Oh, we're kinda opposites in this because I prefer to live in small towns. It gives me a bit more freedom with weather formations than the cities do, plus I always enjoy being near forests, probably because of those years I spent in Colt Scouts.

This just in! Coup d'état at Equestria Daily!
    Spoiler
    Show

More on this story as it develops...
    But, Shimmer is supposed to be the one getting tied up; not the one to tie up other ponies! Everything is topsy-turvy! Nothing makes sense anymore!

Anyway, because of all the talk of RPs earlier, I figure that I should mention a small update on the Pinkie Pie bard that I mentioned that earlier that I'd be playing in a Ravenloft Campaign. (I believe the campaign was supposed to be Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, but in the space of just three sessions, we have managed to derail enough of what was expected of us to get the DM to practically throw out the campaign. (I actually made the mistake of thinking that it is just a joke that an adventuring party's solution to a couple of hostile creatures in a forest or town is to burn down everything.))

Anyway, given the fact that a Pinkie Pie character fits in Ravenloft about as well as the square peg fits in the round hole, I was actually pleasantly surprised that the party didn't just leave her for dead along the side of a road or in the middle of the forest. (A part of this might be because of the fact that having Inspire courage at +4 at level 5 along with Dragonfire Inspiration (Silverbrow human) is nothing to scoff at.) However, what the other players didn't know, and what the DM only suspected (but didn't think that I'd actually pull off) is that I had planned for my character to have a
    "Cupcakes" Pinkie split-personality. (Since I haven't actually read Cupcakes, I based her primarily on the ask Pinkamena Diane Pie Tumblr)

In the space of about half a session, I managed to get her a reputation as an axe-crazy (though she lacks an actual axe) psychopath, and it's to the point that not only does the rest of the party both look forward to and dread the Pinkamena personality appearing, but her mere presence seems to make everyone else in the party more evil as well.

And here's the kicker: By the end of the third session, not only do I have the absolute lowest body count of anyone in the party (1), but Pinkamena has yet to actually instigate any violence! All in all, I think it's going pretty well.

One more thing, The nomination thread for the My Little Pony in the Playground competition is up. If you wanted to participate in the competition, then you are running out of time!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Dungeons (in the place you are banished to) & Dragons, Moons and Mares and Call of the Cutie.

I like that one particularly
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

7. - Top - End - #847
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Remote:

So, the remote....to put it simply to begin with, I don't think I've had a more fun time being bored.

As it turns out, the remote I was assigned to was not, in fact, about the election. But they needed extra ponies on board for other remotes because of the election sucking talent away. *I* was assigned to the remote that was at the Air Canada Center, covering the season opener for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Now, the thing to keep in mind is if you set up a microwave transmitter wrong? You can blow out yours, and everyone elses signal. Heck, you could do serious damage to the microwave RECIEVER in the CN Tower. That's how potent this thing is.

Thankfully, because the damn thing is so potent, they were wise enough to make it relatively easy to handle. We were able to figure it out, especially since lesson one is 'Don't turn it on until told.' So we had it set up...and we had to wait for three hours. Thankfully the guy I was with-who I swear could have fit into a noir film-was a really cool guy, laid back, we cracked a lot of jokes, and he bought us pizza. Awesome guy. So, we have it set up, and eventually the talent, cameraman, and producer came in...and proceed to tell us we need to move the transmitter. We needed to be closer to the party thatwas happening in front of the ACC. Oops!

So, we move over. And it's just a party over there, because they had set things up so that ponies could watch the Leafs on the giant screen, there were bleachers and stands selling beer and everything. We do the hit at 6:30, and then...we wait. We think there's going to be another hit between then and 11:30, but goodness knows. But we got to watch the game on the giant screen! Funny thing is, at one point, they told us we weren't going to be needed until 11:30...then no more than five minutes later, they called us desperate for us to do a hit. We can move fast when need be.

The game ends eventually (Leafs won 2-0), and suddenly, we realize we're *surrounded* by drunken fans all thinking we're going to put them on television. That's when I realized part of my job was to play bodyguard, not just for the talent, but also the very fragile and expensive equipment. It got a little hair-raising when a fight nearly broke out, but damn, the cops moved fast to break it up. So, we basically faked interviewing these drunken fans, just to get them off our back. It worked, but man, we were *swarmed*.

Soon enough...the place turned into a ghost town, save us, the cops assigned to watch things...and the people starting to move the equipment now that the party is over. Who yelled at us to move (again), to get out of the way of the giant trucks that were coming to take things away. All the while, we're watching the election on a tiny TV as something to do, waiting to see if we'll be needed for 11:30, but the election was so close that we're starting to think we might not be...but we can't just leave. Not until we're told.

Here we are, the five of us, and we're just having a great time with each other. We're joking and laughing, and there's cops and workers who keep coming over to watch the election, and we're making non-serious bets on whether it's going to be a minority or majority electorate (I won, Minority!), when around 11 AM, one of the workers comes to us and goes "You have to move again." We get a little annoyed, until we realize...there are cars starting to stream around us. They had opened up the street they closed off for the party. Oh hell. Grab our stuff as quickly as we can, get onto the sidewalk! With expensive, expensive equipment on hand!

Once we're set up, we start waiting again. 11:30 rolls around, and at this point, we're making bets that we won't be called upon. The minority/majority is down to the wire, there's electrical problems where the elected Premier is supposed to give a speech, and sure enough, 12 AM and past rolls around...and we're not on. THEN, we get a phone call-keep in mind we've kept in touch with them constantly at this point to see if we can go or not- asking...why hadn't we left yet?

So we pack up, we dont' get back to the station till 1 AM, and I didn't get home till 3 AM. We had exactly two hits, and about three minutes of airtime. But with all the wild and wooly stuff that happened, and the company that I kept, and the spirits that we were in, as I said, I don't think I've had a more fun time being bored.

Midnight is Learning:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Before we do that-and indeed, teasing Blueblood would be a fine thing to do-would you like to meet...well, I suppose you could call her the 'other me'? She's not dangerous, even though she sometimes would like to pretend that she is still.

Trixie, Twilight, and Luna:

This...is sort of a tricky question. It sort of comes down to pragmatics. Y'see, in my head, I've always pictured the three as...well, being pretty close in that way. Like, a trio. But I've been aware that if I actually tried to display that in the stories, I'd probably drive ponies away from it, I already push that line pretty hard with the Midnight stories, what with the threesome that created Midnight, and the whole 'How can two/three mares have a foal' question, and the sex and bondage references I put in.

So as it is, read it as: "Three mothers, two of whom are married, and they both share a deep friendship forged by their shared history and future. And if that friendship includes occasional nightly visits from a Princess to the bedroom, well..."

A Gift I Got:

So, much like how Phoe got that cute little Lyra figurine from an author she's helped, I came home today to a gift from an author (Sunset Rose, she wrote that side-story to Shades) I helped inspire to write. In my case, though, it was a piece of commissioned art, and oh my, is it amazing:

Spoiler
    Show

http://bamboodog.deviantart.com/art/...Dawn-262227876

8. - Top - End - #848
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    My old college roommate? Is that you? =0

*Capt. Ido has descended into a cold medicine fueled delirium and will be going to bed now*
    XD Hahaha. Get well soon, mate.

I may have to blow off my other obligations and run this.

Well, I'd love to, but I think Leo is still talking with Midnight.

And I believe that the general consensus is that I should keep him out of action-adventure stuff as much as possible...
    Well, I got lost so bad that I'm concurrently talking to Soft Serve, lost in the woods, trying to find Midnight, talking to Topaz, and Both me and Topaz are also about to set sail to save Berry Ann. I suppose I get Topaz lost due to NightMare Meddling, and maybe Leo in the future decides to go looking for me? And you can't Charm your way out of this one, because you didn't combo perception/defense/defense

All I have to do is, eventually, find Midnight, clear up my Doppler clones, and resolve my recurring loose plot threads. Easy, right? Right.

9. - Top - End - #849

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post

Well, it looks like my absence for almost half a thread was completely unnoticed...

Oh, we're kinda opposites in this because I prefer to live in small towns. It gives me a bit more freedom with weather formations than the cities do, plus I always enjoy being near forests, probably because of those years I spent in Colt Scouts.

But, Shimmer is supposed to be the one getting tied up; not the one to tie up other ponies! Everything is topsy-turvy! Nothing makes sense anymore!

Anyway, because of all the talk of RPs earlier, I figure that I should mention a small update on the Pinkie Pie bard that I mentioned that earlier that I'd be playing in a Ravenloft Campaign. (I believe the campaign was supposed to be Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, but in the space of just three sessions, we have managed to derail enough of what was expected of us to get the DM to practically throw out the campaign. (I actually made the mistake of thinking that it is just a joke that an adventuring party's solution to a couple of hostile creatures in a forest or town is to burn down everything.))

Anyway, given the fact that a Pinkie Pie character fits in Ravenloft about as well as the square peg fits in the round hole, I was actually pleasantly surprised that the party didn't just leave her for dead along the side of a road or in the middle of the forest. (A part of this might be because of the fact that having Inspire courage at +4 at level 5 along with Dragonfire Inspiration (Silverbrow human) is nothing to scoff at.) However, what the other players didn't know, and what the DM only suspected (but didn't think that I'd actually pull off) is that I had planned for my character to have a
    "Cupcakes" Pinkie split-personality. (Since I haven't actually read Cupcakes, I based her primarily on the ask Pinkamena Diane Pie Tumblr)

In the space of about half a session, I managed to get her a reputation as an axe-crazy (though she lacks an actual axe) psychopath, and it's to the point that not only does the rest of the party both look forward to and dread the Pinkamena personality appearing, but her mere presence seems to make everyone else in the party more evil as well.

And here's the kicker: By the end of the third session, not only do I have the absolute lowest body count of anyone in the party (1), but Pinkamena has yet to actually instigate any violence! All in all, I think it's going pretty well.

One more thing, The nomination thread for the My Little Pony in the Playground competition is up. If you wanted to participate in the competition, then you are running out of time!
    It's hard to notice when someone steps out of the thread for a while. Different ponies have different active posting times, and some tend to skip a couple pages here and there when we come back to find 8 or 9 pages of new posts to sift through

Your D&D tale is as awesome as it is terrifying.

Careful though, Ravenloft is a bad BAD place, the kind of place that might give your Pinkemina half more and more leverage over your Pinky half until she takes over completely...
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-07 at 11:22 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

FFRP: Finding Berry Ann

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, so this is what I have so far. I had something come up and lost some of Shadowy's stuff, so if I'm missing anything, somepony gather it up for me sil vous plait?
    I think you missed this one.

Beeskee: "So, can somepony tell me what a 'Dreamscape' is?"

Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Banned

But you weren't gone, silly. I've been reading your posts for the last week!

Of course, I'm trying to figure out how to go back and properly archive your RP with topaz, and whether or not it's worth it >>; it's like prepping for a game by reading D&D books in person and on the computer. Later, I can't be sure what I read on paper and what I read on the screen.

That's the trouble with my archivic tendencies. The last tree threads are all "current pony thread", the three before that are all "last thread" and everything else is "around thread 3 or so". Only one I can recall for sure is 8 (because I spent a solid week going through it for Orzel's pony RPG system, as well as the Ponyfy your Name bit) and thread 6 for making a bet with Phoe. And that last one I have to take her word on...

Archived maybe

dddiiiiiiiiissssssQQQQQoooooorrrrdddd!

Sorry about that by the way. I really couldn't think of anything good for Pinkie. Two weeks after you were due to start, I figured you could spam bardic knowledge. "how did you know I was an elf?" "you were under eeeeee~!"

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    The Remote:

So, the remote....to put it simply to begin with, I don't think I've had a more fun time being bored.

As it turns out, the remote I was assigned to was not, in fact, about the election. But they needed extra ponies on board for other remotes because of the election sucking talent away. *I* was assigned to the remote that was at the Air Canada Center, covering the season opener for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Now, the thing to keep in mind is if you set up a microwave transmitter wrong? You can blow out yours, and everyone elses signal. Heck, you could do serious damage to the microwave RECIEVER in the CN Tower. That's how potent this thing is.

Thankfully, because the damn thing is so potent, they were wise enough to make it relatively easy to handle. We were able to figure it out, especially since lesson one is 'Don't turn it on until told.' So we had it set up...and we had to wait for three hours. Thankfully the guy I was with-who I swear could have fit into a noir film-was a really cool guy, laid back, we cracked a lot of jokes, and he bought us pizza. Awesome guy. So, we have it set up, and eventually the talent, cameraman, and producer came in...and proceed to tell us we need to move the transmitter. We needed to be closer to the party thatwas happening in front of the ACC. Oops!

So, we move over. And it's just a party over there, because they had set things up so that ponies could watch the Leafs on the giant screen, there were bleachers and stands selling beer and everything. We do the hit at 6:30, and then...we wait. We think there's going to be another hit between then and 11:30, but goodness knows. But we got to watch the game on the giant screen! Funny thing is, at one point, they told us we weren't going to be needed until 11:30...then no more than five minutes later, they called us desperate for us to do a hit. We can move fast when need be.

The game ends eventually (Leafs won 2-0), and suddenly, we realize we're *surrounded* by drunken fans all thinking we're going to put them on television. That's when I realized part of my job was to play bodyguard, not just for the talent, but also the very fragile and expensive equipment. It got a little hair-raising when a fight nearly broke out, but damn, the cops moved fast to break it up. So, we basically faked interviewing these drunken fans, just to get them off our back. It worked, but man, we were *swarmed*.

Soon enough...the place turned into a ghost town, save us, the cops assigned to watch things...and the people starting to move the equipment now that the party is over. Who yelled at us to move (again), to get out of the way of the giant trucks that were coming to take things away. All the while, we're watching the election on a tiny TV as something to do, waiting to see if we'll be needed for 11:30, but the election was so close that we're starting to think we might not be...but we can't just leave. Not until we're told.

Here we are, the five of us, and we're just having a great time with each other. We're joking and laughing, and there's cops and workers who keep coming over to watch the election, and we're making non-serious bets on whether it's going to be a minority or majority electorate (I won, Minority!), when around 11 AM, one of the workers comes to us and goes "You have to move again." We get a little annoyed, until we realize...there are cars starting to stream around us. They had opened up the street they closed off for the party. Oh hell. Grab our stuff as quickly as we can, get onto the sidewalk! With expensive, expensive equipment on hand!

Once we're set up, we start waiting again. 11:30 rolls around, and at this point, we're making bets that we won't be called upon. The minority/majority is down to the wire, there's electrical problems where the elected Premier is supposed to give a speech, and sure enough, 12 AM and past rolls around...and we're not on. THEN, we get a phone call-keep in mind we've kept in touch with them constantly at this point to see if we can go or not- asking...why hadn't we left yet?

So we pack up, we dont' get back to the station till 1 AM, and I didn't get home till 3 AM. We had exactly two hits, and about three minutes of airtime. But with all the wild and wooly stuff that happened, and the company that I kept, and the spirits that we were in, as I said, I don't think I've had a more fun time being bored.

Midnight is Learning:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Before we do that-and indeed, teasing Blueblood would be a fine thing to do-would you like to meet...well, I suppose you could call her the 'other me'? She's not dangerous, even though she sometimes would like to pretend that she is still.

This...is sort of a tricky question. It sort of comes down to pragmatics. Y'see, in my head, I've always pictured the three as...well, being pretty close in that way. Like, a trio. But I've been aware that if I actually tried to display that in the stories, I'd probably drive ponies away from it, I already push that line pretty hard with the Midnight stories, what with the threesome that created Midnight, and the whole 'How can two/three mares have a foal' question, and the sex and bondage references I put in.

So as it is, read it as: "Three mothers, two of whom are married, and they both share a deep friendship forged by their shared history and future. And if that friendship includes occasional nightly visits from a Princess to the bedroom, well..."

A Gift I Got:

So, much like how Phoe got that cute little Lyra figurine from an author she's helped, I came home today to a gift from an author (Sunset Rose, she wrote that side-story to Shades) I helped inspire to write. In my case, though, it was a piece of commissioned art, and oh my, is it amazing:

Spoiler
    Show

Double sweet!
    Sounds like you had a blast. And then, you had a blast again! I mean? Can you do that?
    Blast twice like that?

Who cares! You did, and it sounds awesome. Keep up the good works, pony.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-08 at 02:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

This made me realize just how few names I'd really been learning compared to the ponytars....

13. - Top - End - #853

EDIT: OH DAMN IT THE ICONS ARE BROKEN. I really hope those are under 400x400, because I am WAY too tired to fix that tonight. Sorry everypony!

---

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Well, winter has hot cocoa.
    and ice skating!
    and all the treats!
    plus like 2 months everypony just seems to go from one party to another!
    You know what? I change my answer to this. I forgot about the Ice Skating thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    On the other hoof, poking ponies in their cutie marks to see if they say anything funny sounds like a good hobby.

Hrm... *grins evily and starts eyeing the other ponies present*
    Orrrr... This could be construed as Sexual Harassment in the kingdom of Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I have a quick question for everyone. Where do you think the name "Pinkamena" from Pinkamena Diane Pie came from? Is it an obvious reference that I'm just not getting?
    It's a play on the fact that Pinkie is obviously a nickname, so she has to have a full name. So they just extended it in a way that sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    OH GOD!!! Those poor poor kids that fall into the real demographic of the show. They should not have to see that. What if they read/view the one about fluttershy!? Checking the pony emotes, is there not a "The horror, the horror" one?
    I REALLY HOPE THIS HASN'T HAPPENED.

Ugh, this is going to sound sexist no matter how I write it... Try smoother curves and a less phallic weapon.
    But this is Ponythread! That's how we roll! Wait. Waaait. No, no we don't. 99.999% of our shipping is F/F. The lack of phallacy is an anomoly on the internet.

Wow, I guess this fandom really is Unique!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    No, I was playing it up--they were all tongue in cheek. Searching Google images for <applebloom zecora> will give you that, what I posted, and the avatars of everyone who's ever posted in this thread.
    Why does this not surprise me one bit?

Fun fact; drinking age is somewhat lax in the home. You can, for example, be given wine at Easter as early as 12, so long as you don't go running outside screaming to the world.

Then again, they have to care if they notice you, so maybe I only asked really cynical cops.
    I think you just asked some really cynical cops. It's illegal by the letter of the law, no matter the situation if you're under 21. The only exception is religious purposes (AKA "drinking the blood of christ"), and there the actual number is a bit hazy.

They had ID cards back then, Gama Midni?
    More quoting Midnight's post, but... Yeah. If you're 20 and you have a college graduation ring, they generally don't ask questions and just hand it to you. Which is nice.

You don't chug girly drinks? I thought being palatable enough to breathe in fish-style was what girly drinks were for.
    Ugh, I should know this stuff! I am a relatively horrible Irishman.

If it contains alcohol, I down it fast. It's just the way I drink. It has nothing to do with the way you're supposed to drink something. I drink them the way I enjoy drinking them, and that's that.

Hm. You're one of those. I suppose we'll have to set you up a meeting with the Allfeather. He's the falcon with a monocle and kaiser helm, who thwarts our outlandishly outrageous attempts at World Domination through bondage.
    You know, this makes me miss the Pony Bondage when Phoe was around.

...Come to think, this makes me miss Phoe.

In your defense, it did look kind of like a ram.
    ...It kind of did, didn't it? Huh?

Eyup. I've been told recently that it's creepy that I'm being so nice sometimes. That it seems out of character.

New goal? Be so much nicer that it is my perceived character. I mean really, what would. Brave pony like Rainbow Dash do? CHARGE FORWARD, FULL STEAM!
    This is a goal I can really get behind and endorse. If there's anything I can do to help or encourage man, you know where to find me.

... Are you coming on to me?
    I think he is.

With your hooves. Duh~
    or lips! Such soft, expressive lips ponies have. Very mobile.
    You know, I've actually seen someone play the electric guitar with their face live in concert before. It was so awesome.

Pics or it isn't true.
    (Jade! Get hard, hand-sized disks and put them in the socks so you have a single appendage with a hard hoof-y bottom)
    That's actually an even better idea than the shoes. Don't worry, as soon as I find a Cello I will post a video of this. Because I am beyond convinced you can do this.

Also I love it that I'm now being called Jade as a nickname.

Wow, that's kind of neat. Does this mean your boss is a gamer geek? Will you have sessions of gaming with the boss?

My mind. She boggles.
    I really hope I do! As of right now we both have campaigns on Wednesdays, so Thursday mornings absolutely nothing gets done as Dan and I geek out over our sessions the night prior.

Hirr Hirr Hirr.
    Oh you SiuiS. Oh you.

Spoiler
    Show

Racially, you want Fluttershy to be as close to standard as possible. I would suggest either avariel (winged elf variant; use the low raptoran rules to reflect her reticence to fly) or a changeling who becomes a winged elf. As a changeling, you could even have the deep psychological exploration of how the kind, dainty elf is her facade, but still she has wings- what interplay requires a demure disguise that has a stand-out feature?

Classes. I wanted to say healer. Not combat effective, but able to soothe hurts outside of fights. Skills would be domestic; *profession (cook), heal (fun fact; healing checks can be used to enhance tissue healing by increasing the hp recovered per day. Massage is a viable technique for increasing tissue growth and promoting healthier scar tissue and avoiding reoccurring injury ), housekeeper, etc.

Bard works best, however, and I have to defer whether I like I or not. Make her a third level bard, and skip the NPC class. Give her bardic knack and jack of all trades feat - Fluttershy now has a rank and a half in every skill. She is capable of healing stuff, but is somewhat a novice (see a bird in the hoof). She is able to do performances but isn't exactly awesome (sonic rainboom). She's not a fashionista but can roll high on dressmaking.

Give her the obtain familiar feat, and her familiar is a bunny :3
    Now here is the fun part- a familiar is technically an NPC. Which means they can have their own skills and feats, and are intelligent. Angel Bunny needs to be better than Fluttershy at 2 skills, Bluff and Sense Motive. Sense motive is because he knows Fluttershy better than she knows herself. Bluff...

Bluff is the skill tied to innuendo. This means Angel bunny can deliver messages without having to talk. And he has all of Fluttershy's skills, including - wait for it - perform (pantomime). So you have an intelligent white rabbit who mimes things and the party gets to roll sense motive against his bluff to see if they get the message. If they fail by enough, they get comically wrong ideas.

Sound familiar?

Also, DMG II pages 157-160 have unique traits to give NPCs. The first one of import is Naturebond. Free speak with animals forever, and character appropriate. The second is lifemate. I'll let you read up on that, or contact me for full details if needed.
    I love all of these ideas. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with avariel if I do Fluttershy. However. Psychoshutin and I were chatting in the car.

EsperDerek. I have a question for you. Would you mind if I recreated the Out in the Cold continuity in a D&D campaign? As much as I love TrixieShy, I like the story that much more.

You know what? Either way, this Fluttershy is being introduced in the campaign world. Too much work has been put into her character mechanics by you crazy ponies for me to not. :P

I'll be honest, as soon as I heard 'elf Fluttershy' I was waiting to hear what you'd come up with
    It's a beautiful name. Fitting, methinks.
    Indeed. Like I said earlier in the thread, I am 100% using this.

It does now. Darn it Jade!
    Hirr Hirr Hirr.

Why do I feel like Sethisto probably commissioned this?

Noooooooooooo
    Don't leeeeeeeaavee uuuuuuuusssssss T^T

Yes, it goes fast, it does, but we can make it work! tonberrian, come on, we can make it work. We can make it work!
    I second this. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Gimme a window in GMT-8 and I'll see what I can do. I myself am now going to bed around 01:00 to 03:00, and am thread-viable from 19:00 to 21:30 for sure.
    Umm... GMT-8 is on the same time as California and British Columbia, right? Hmm. Well, I get to work at 5 AM GMT-8, and I leave work at 2 PM GMT-8. So that's when I'm best available to back and forth chat.

That almost happened to me once. I started to catch up on like, page 11, and we were at 43 when I caught up.
    Yeah this has happened to me too. The mega quote I did back when I went away for ten days? Yeah, we had moved twenty pages from when I started to when I caught up to myself. And then I had more to catch up on.

Commander. Commodore. Bleakbane.

Please attack someone at your table with a real-life bullet bill in the next few years.
    I will do this. I will ask them what their AC is, throw the Bullet Bill, and if it hits, they get hit in game. And it will be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    With a reaction like this? I really have no interest in reading this Tumblr, and especially not in public like I am right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    From all the ranges we go to, from debating, to NSFW pony blogs, everything and everywhere it's been.....All through a common link of liking ponies.

Thank you all, and good night.
    Eeeeyup.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    There's a joke here something like the Pony thread is an old girlfriend who I keep coming back to. I'm not going to make it, but there it is.
    I think by proxy you just made it.

Tell me about it. Do you really type all that out on your phone?
    This is why he is the master of quotes and I am only the apprentice. I refuse to sit down and do one of these with less than two monitors, for I deem it to be too much of a pain in the flank.

I watch ponies for the mufcake. And the applesauce.
    That sounds SO DIRTY tonberrian. O_o

Noooooo.

Everyone in my office is sick. I was one of maybe five people to NOT get it. Now... I'm afraid my immune system is losing the good fight.

Time to go to sleep and drink a gallon of OJ in the morning. We'll see how productive I end up being, whether or not Ido being sick means more or less pony while at work.

Oh, I drew a crappy discord over in my drawthread, if anyone's interested in taking a look. I'm literally too tired to post the link myself right now...

Night all.
    Get some sleep man. Don't be like me if you do get sick. I can be throwing up in the shower in the morning at 7:45, and still be in class at 8 AM, regardless of if I should by any means be there or not. I have **** to do, and like hell anything is going to stop me.

...Wow, I legitimately typed class, not work. I need to get into the non-college mentality.

Now I'm depressed. I wanna be a college student again.

I feel that way every single time I post. Every Single Time. Even now. Just relax and enjoy yourself. I also need to tell myself that more often.
    Ya'll need to chill out and keep posting ponies. We're all friends here, and nopony intrudes when they post.

But but but...

I was saying that mufcake was plot, or something very similar. Also referencing a pic that SiuiS posted waaaaaaaay back like 10 threads ago.
    ...You know, this just made the connotation worse. Plot is to Flank as Mufcake is to... I don't feel comfortable continuing this line of conversation actually.

[QUOTE=Thanqol;11983707I'd say more but Phoe is best pony, listen to her.[/quote]

Yes, yes she is. She has recieved gift art from Lauren Faust. All hail, it is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Alright so I get back at what can be described as an intellectually draining 5 hour whiteboard session. Get into the computer chair...

HAHA! Time for...
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Here, have a sweet little lullaby from a sweet little pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    No, I second all of them.

Especially now that you can watch EVERY EPISODE OF SEASON ONE AT ONCE

Or just Sonic Rainboom. Or just Party of One. Or just Dragonshy. Or just Winter Wrap Up. Really, pick a pony, and go hit the episodes that center around them.
    Watching this hurt my head, so much. Owwww...

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Hugs all the ponies

Good night ponythread, I am up too late and have class in the morning.
    Night! *Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    So, um, I don't know if any of you guys listen to Super Ponybeat, but I made a quartet of covers for it, sent it to Eurobeat Brony, and lo and behold all four of them showed up on his latest songvideo. I am inordinately pleased.
    That is incredible and congratulations and you must link us like yesterday.

Oh. Oh, you did. So saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Hello folks. I haven't been here for a while, probably not since the season ended (thread 15 or so? Maybe?), and I'm afraid I don't have the time to keep up with you all anymore. So if someone could answer this question, I'd be much obliged: When does the new season start? Do we know?
    Here's a picture just for funsies.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks!
    Welcome back! It's always good to see an old face in here, even if it was one from just before my time. Or just after. I joined at thread 14 myself.

Hi, I'm Jade! Nice to meetcha!

Twilight is adorkable.
    Rarity is elegant.
    Rainbow Dash is athletically cute (and is potentially gorgeous, but doesn't care).
    Applejack is classic girl-next-door pretty.
    Fluttershy is moe as [REDACTED]. Totally believable as a top model.
    Pinkie Pie -- has a nice personality.
    Celestia is regal.
    Octavia is beautiful.
    I agree with all of those except Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie is curvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
    Well excellent! I know exactly what I'm doing when I finish my work. Looks like I'll be spending more time here soon then. Glad to be back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    YAY! You're staying, you're staying!

Hi, everpony.

Just got back from my very first TV Assisting a remote (gettin' paid for it too). A heck of a lot of fun, but also exhausting, I put in a twelve hour day plus transit time. About to drop off here, so no main details.
    That's awesome! Congratulations! Although the bit about the twelve hour day sucks. How much of that was work vs. commute?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Random thought brought on by that comic: when/why did the fandom decide that filly Celestia's hair was just plain pink instead of the four-color version she has now? Seems a strange thing to do, but it's very consistent across fan art from what I've seen.

Zevox
    I think it's for the thought that the tragedy that was the original nightmare moon incident caused it to change via the power of the elements of harmony; an everlasting reminder of the pain she had to bring in order to spare the pain of so many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Okay, first off, let's get this out of the way, so I can go back to being civil (for a measured version of "civil.")

Uh oh. rant incoming; brace yourselves everypony!

On the tumblr thingy-issue wostit Raz brought up earlier, all I have to say is this:

Let me for once be extremely an uncharacteristically serious, and direct this comment and following rant unilaterally to every single person in existance, past present and future.

You. Do. Not. Rag. On. Other People's. Hobbies.

EVER.

YOU DO NOT.

Unless such a thing is actually illegal and is causing harm to anyone else, you suck it the frak up and keep your mouth shut. NO-ONE has the right to decide what someone's interests and hobbies are, NO-ONE.

It doesn't matter how silly or stupid or pointless or squicky you think it is, you do NOT get to disapprove and tell them they can't (so long as they don't abuse the priviledge by making people who aren't interested uncomfortable; in which case they can go do it in private - but they don't have to stop doing it unless, as stated, it is illegal or harmful). Note that "the thought of it creeps me out" does not, in ANY WAY, give you ground to disapprove.

People get their jollies in all kinds of ways, and it's not our place to judge. There are people who get off on eating poo, fer cryin' out loud. I might find it grosse personally, but damn it, they have the right to do what they damn well please in the privacy of their own homes and it is neither your - nor my - place to judge them on it. I might not agree with it, but damn it, it I will defend their right to do it to the death (by which I mean, "the death of the people trying to take their right" not mine, obviously. "Death" if they are lucky. I do not tolerate bigotry in ANY stripe. AT ALL.)

So damn, if people get their jollies from pony - sexually or otherwise - they have the right. (They do not get to flaunt it at inappropriate places, granted, but in their own bit of the internet, they are quite entitled.)

The people who are made uncomfortable by adults just watching and liking a cartoon show need to get the FRAK over themselves, shut up and learn some tolerance; because if you're gonna be intolerant, than I'll be even more intolerant of you, and one of us has a rocket launcher, a star fleet and no qualms about the sanctity of life, if you catch my meaning.

That brand of bigoted arrogance - almost always from the "ohh, you can't do that!" crowd, the same sort that say computer games are behind violence, cartoons are only for children and roleplaying is pathetic and/or outright evil (or in really extreme cases, claim cinema and TV/Harry Potter/Pokemon is the actualwork of the devil) etc etc makes me really and geninuely furious.

I will say this again, because it bears repeating:

What one (or more) sentient/sapient creatures gets up to on their own time is nobody's business but their own, so long as it is legal and is not causing harm or damage to anyone else.

Right. Calm now. Rant over. You can come out of your bomb shelters now.

You mean real football right? Not the watered down version of rugby where they wear hard plastic armor and someone losing an ear delays the game for 30 minutes?
    Thirty minutes? THIRTY MINUTES?! Fillies, all of them! Why, back in my day a ripped off ear only stopped the game long enough for the guy to pick it up and stickit in his pocket!

Eeeyup, definitely sick.

At work anyway X___X
    I TOLD YOU NOT TO ACT LIKE M- Oh that's earlier in this post, isn't it. Eheheheheheee...

So what kind of fic would have the title "In-laws and Outlaws"?
    ...Why does this remind me of A Clockwork Orange? Oh Celestia I need sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    You know, I was just starting in on a quote-post at work, because generally if I don't I can barely keep up with you folks.

And then I remembered tomorrow is the beginning of the weekend, and that the CEO of my company is here.

I will see you all tonight my bronies.

And don't worry, I've read some of the responses to the Fluttershy idea, and I'm slowly formulating a character already. :P
    Hey, I caught up to myself finally! Awesome! You only managed to produ- Oh Celestia, what have ponies done?!

I have to say, I'm pretty much with the lich on this one. I don't care what anypony else gets up to, as long as it's not hurting anypony else, and I expect the same courtesy.

And since my OC was spawned from a threesome where there was a lot of sex magic used (offscreen), I wouldn't have any room to talk about sexual stuff.

(Plus the horn being sensitive has lead to some hilarious comics.)
    I know I did the flutterclap to Aotrs's post, but I just need to state I completely agree. Everypony has something they enjoy that some people would find offensive or strange or be squicked by. You know what? So what? I'm a furry, I'm a brony, I'm dating a Transgirl. You have no idea how much **** I get for each and every single one of them. For what reason? Because you don't approve of my life decisions? Get over yourself.

There's no reason to judge or disapprove of anything that anypony else does. Absolutely. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Can't get enough ships? How about 4851 of them, in one graph?

Spoiler
    Show

Go here for the full 4600x4600px graph.

I don't know what motivated me to make this graph. Sooo many possibilities, though.
    You made me physically break at the college. Like to the point that my groans of "OH GOD. What the hell? What the hell?!" caught the attention of everyone in the room. Thankfully this is so insane that no one (other than PsychoShutin) had any idea what they were looking at.

Someone asked me if you coded a lineart fractal program, actually.

Hmm.

Lich - check!

Angry - check!

Will result in death - probably check!

Does casting this spell involve you hitting me, possibly with an excessively large, heavy, and durable object?
    Isn't that the way it works every single time though?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Aotrs, honey, I'm afraid tonberrian is MINE to be mean to.
    ...I'm not sure if this is adorable or messed up or both?

Also, I love the new Avatar Lix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    This is an explanation for Pinklestia that makes a disturbing amount of sense:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Honestly, I could see Pinkie show up to her own funeral (basically a party, considering who it's for ) on the grounds that she'd never miss a party and that being dead was boring.

She'd then continue to go about her life like nothing had happened, much to everyone's confusion. She wouldn't be a zombie or undead or anything.

Sorry for the somewhat morbid post, it was just a funny idea I had, of Pinkie watching her own funeral, Tom Sawyer style, but from outside the actual scene, sitting up there in the black bar area, then hopping down after a while. The Pinkie could be shipped universally part, and not destroy/ignore her character, came to mind from a combination of Party of One and a Q&A comic for Lackadaisy Cats.
    I could completely see this. You know what? This is now my personal fanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Awwwww. Poor Nameless...

Spoilered for size:
    Spoiler
    Show

A little of the old in-outlaws?

Uh, I mean. I didn't say anything.
    That tron picture is absolutely amazing. The new Tron is one of my favorite sequels in recent memory, actually. (Other than My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic... and that's more of a reboot anyways.)

This just in! Coup d'état at Equestria Daily!
    Spoiler
    Show

More on this story as it develops...
    Oh, that's just shimmer being shimmer Darling.

I am nothing if not looking to scrounge every perk I can from every situation.

I mean, aside from ironic hipstertudening.
    You know, you are the only awesome hipster I know. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Guys! Look!
    (spoiler for HUGE.... I think. Hard to tell on this phone >>)
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a pony! And it's mine no its mine Hey back off make me! I will punch you Try it filly *scuffles*

And it's all ours ^^
    Also, right past her nose you can see the wound that used to be my wart! :D
    This is the best version of a show accurate pony I have ever seen! And it's so well made!!
    That is so awesome! I want one soooooo much!

The Modguin: And now that the appropriate announcement has been linked, I'm going to ask that discussion about user titles cease. Thank you.
    Wow, I completely missed this entire discussion (unless it was deleted, which explains how there were only 10 pages for me to catch up on).

The Remote:

Midnight is Learning:

Spoiler
    Show

A Gift I Got:

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, two things. First, the remote thing, wow. That sounds like one of those once in a lifetime incredible experiences. Congratulations, I wish I could have been involved in something so awesome during my internship last year.

Two, that picture of Midnight is absolutely gorgeous.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-07 at 11:49 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    RP:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, if it is a matter of efficiency rather than politeness..." Charger said, reaching behind her her to bite loose the clasp that held the pile of junk onto her back. With an unceremonious buck, she tossed the entire thing up into the air, and it hit the ground with a crash like an earthquake hitting a blacksmith's shop. Loose screws and bolts rolled away from the pile of junk.

"If it is not too forward of me," Charger said to Second Hand as she started walking, "What business does a - do you have in Canterlot?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    While Charger and Second Hand conversed, Igneous set about loading the machine onto his back.

Right, just a simple matter of levitation to get it in place ... wow, this thing is heavier than it looks, I wonder how that lady could carry it so far? He thought to himself, letting out a breath as the weight of the contraption settled on top of his saddlebags.

Okay, now. Just got to pull the strap ti-

-ZZZZAPPP-

"YEOUCH!!"

Second Hand and Charger jumped at the exclamation, and turned to see a rather sheepish Igneous doing a good impression of a fish underwater as he tried to cool his recently electrocuted tounge.

"Ish okay, I dot dis" he mumbled as he gave the carrying strap a good yank with his magic.

Next time, I'll just use magic to begin with. He groused, before igniting his horn once more. This time, when he finished, four golden rings surrounded his fetlocks to match the gold barding of his armour. The spell finished just as the machine gave off another discharge. However, instead of zapping the guardpony, the electricity arced around him, through the rings, and harmlessly into the ground.

"Hah, thuck on dat you thilly condrapdon!" He cheered, rearing up slightly as he did so and causing the machine to rattle and disgorge another handful of bolts.

"Oh blasth ith all" he mumbled, as he set his horn to the task of collecting the remainder of the bolts that had scattered around the clearing. When he was done, he walked over to the other two ponies.

"We reathy to go?".

The Remote:

Spoiler
    Show

That's a nice picture! Congrats Esper
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-07 at 11:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Fear the scorned Fanboys!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

and some Derpy D'awwwww
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-07 at 11:57 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #856
    Banned

Ugh. Reading that reminded me of soo many things I'd dropped from the quote set, but I'd though about so hard that I thought I posted them >.<
    first off

HOPPING HEL WITH A HANDAXE
    GAELBERT, ME BUCKO
    I TOTALLY FORGOT TO SAY HI (TT_TT)

I was actually thinking of contacting you a couple weeks ago, but my inbox was full and I'm a packrat <<;

Have you had a chance to tube the you and see the premier yet? What dis you think?

-

Kindablue, yes. Typed up on me ol' 3GS.
    Those posts, where I seem to have missed a whole page and a half? I had caugh up, and when I previewed, I see a messed up tag. Those take upwards of 15 minutes to correct apprpriately, more if I try to "save time" by gettin fancy with the nesting.
    You would think I'd learn? Nope.

-

Lix, the ol' avvie, I only recently noticed the text. Kind of mocking for such a playful pose, don't you think?

-

Jade. There's some stuff I wanna respond to but I'm not scaling that mountain right now XD

You may experience moments of confusion as everypony seems to ignore you, despite you providing authoritative and awesome insights. You will then realize that, you typed it out, but nopony else has seen your wisdom yet.

This is normal. Or, normal for me. So if this happens to you, run. Get help. It's too late for me; save yourself.

And now, gummy worms and closing the store

17. - Top - End - #857

This. This is perfect. Cut, print, I want forty on every shelf for miles.
    also, I want this color site of yours.
    *blush*
    The color site is here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh! I can fetch the cart, if you tell me where to pick it up. I'm good for that sort of thing. Um, if that really is our ship. But I see Starry, so I guess it is. And I can explain about the Dreamscape when I get back.

A Gift I Got:

Wow. That is amazing.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

18. - Top - End - #858

Jade. There's some stuff I wanna respond to but I'm not scaling that mountain right now XD

You may experience moments of confusion as everypony seems to ignore you, despite you providing authoritative and awesome insights. You will then realize that, you typed it out, but nopony else has seen your wisdom yet.

This is normal. Or, normal for me. So if this happens to you, run. Get help. It's too late for me; save yourself.

And now, gummy worms and closing the store
    Hehehehehehe.

You know, you call that a mountain, I feel like that was extremely short? XD
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, you are the only awesome hipster I know. :P
    This is because I'm a sort of ironic anti-hipster who starts doing things long after they're popular and claiming to have been following them all the time.

Unrelated:

Mufcakes! So sweet and tasty!

And on that incredibly disturbing note, I take my leave.

A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin. A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin. i If I say it enough times I'll actually believe it. A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin. A mufcake is nothing more than a cupcake crossed with a muffin...
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-10-08 at 12:32 AM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh! I can fetch the cart, if you tell me where to pick it up. I'm good for that sort of thing. Um, if that really is our ship. But I see Starry, so I guess it is. And I can explain about the Dreamscape when I get back.
    Beeskee: "It should be parked next to the general store. They know that someone else other than me might be the one to pick it up, so there shouldn't be any problems."
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

This is because I'm a sort of ironic anti-hipster who starts doing things long after they're popular and claiming to have been following them all the time.
    Is "ironic anti-hipster" a tautology or a double negative? I'm leaning toward the latter, as that was a pretty spot on description of the normal kind.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I am feeling kinda like a jerk tonight. One of my good friends (actually the guy who got me the job I am starting sunday) had an art show tonight that I promised I would show up at and I ended up not being able to get to. A combination of my ride bailing on me after the thing started and me being to poor for bus or cab and to sick to walk the five miles there prevented me from getting there. And while he will prolly shrug it off I still feel like I should have tried harder to get there, or something.

Good luck at the new job, and have a blast at Comic Con! I wish I could go but I have to work next weekend...
    Thanks. Ya I am having to get a day off of my job and then leave around 3 or 4 Sunday to get on a bus and get back home in time to get ready for work that night. It will be brutal.

Thank you everyone else for the well wishes, now I am gonna go watch cartoons and try and write till I am to tired to be awake.

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    So I am feeling kinda like a jerk tonight. One of my good friends (actually the guy who got me the job I am starting sunday) had an art show tonight that I promised I would show up at and I ended up not being able to get to. A combination of my ride bailing on me after the thing started and me being to poor for bus or cab and to sick to walk the five miles there prevented me from getting there. And while he will prolly shrug it off I still feel like I should have tried harder to get there, or something.

Thanks. Ya I am having to get a day off of my job and then leave around 3 or 4 Sunday to get on a bus and get back home in time to get ready for work that night. It will be brutal.

Thank you everyone else for the well wishes, now I am gonna go watch cartoons and try and write till I am to tired to be awake.
    Write the guy an email, apologize for not being able to make it, explain what happened, ask him if he has any pictures of the stuff he had up there (he probably does), and offer to buy him a beer or lunch next time you see him.

FRIENDSHIP CRISIS RESOLVED.

Feel better, just remember this weekend what's really important if you're feeling too sick to go to a convention.

It's Comic-con. Comic-con is more important. Screw all that "physical health" crap
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

24. - Top - End - #864
    Colossus in the Playground

Glad you had what sounds like a great day, Esper.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The metallic pegasus cocked his head for a moment, as if thinking, idly rearranging his wings as he walked. "Well, I'm looking for a mechanic who lives there, an old friend of my Dad's. I'm hoping he can help me figure out..." Second Hand hesitated, "...uh, figure out some things..."

Yeah, like why you're such a screwy robot. The thought struck him with the force of a blow, and his eyes snapped back to the ground just in front of his hooves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    While Charger and Second Hand conversed, Igneous set about loading the machine onto his back.

Right, just a simple matter of levitation to get it in place ... wow, this thing is heavier than it looks, I wonder how that lady could carry it so far? He thought to himself, letting out a breath as the weight of the contraption settled on top of his saddlebags.

Okay, now. Just got to pull the strap ti-

-ZZZZAPPP-

"YEOUCH!!"

Second Hand and Charger jumped at the exclamation, and turned to see a rather sheepish Igneous doing a good impression of a fish underwater as he tried to cool his recently electrocuted tounge.

"Ish okay, I dot dis" he mumbled as he gave the carrying strap a good yank with his magic.

Next time, I'll just use magic to begin with. He groused, before igniting his horn once more. This time, when he finished, four golden rings surrounded his fetlocks to match the gold barding of his armour. The spell finished just as the machine gave off another discharge. However, instead of zapping the guardpony, the electricity arced around him, through the rings, and harmlessly into the ground.

"Hah, thuck on dat you thilly condrapdon!" He cheered, rearing up slightly as he did so and causing the machine to rattle and disgorge another handful of bolts.

"Oh blasth ith all" he mumbled, as he set his horn to the task of collecting the remainder of the bolts that had scattered around the clearing. When he was done, he walked over to the other two ponies.

"We reathy to go?".
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I shall not pry," said Charger to Second Hand, getting the feeling that he didn't want to talk about it. "For my part, I am simply returning home." She wanted to pry, actually, quite badly, but there was no polite way to do so.

"Yes, let us be on our way," she said to Ingenuous. "I apologise again for the device, but you seem to have it in hoof."

25. - Top - End - #865
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Fear the scorned Fanboys!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

and some Derpy D'awwwww
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first one is horrible, the second made me tear up a bit.

*blush*
    The color site is here.
    Sweet. Thanks.

Hehehehehehe.

You know, you call that a mountain, I feel like that was extremely short? XD
    I know what ya mean :3
    No, I mean I just don't have the gusto to hunt through it right now. Too many background processes going on just the nonce.

And hey, click the Sethixie comic. Scroll through the comments.

I also feel the need to say, just in case this is kind o like forum telephone (though I suspect everypony is just using this as a way to get on the soapbox more than decrying anything in particular)

Nopony said anything about disliking the icky tastes of others. One guy believes he might not be measuring up to his own standards; that when he comes before a self panel for review, his marks will be lower than needed, because he got lax. He's now reviewing things to see what can be done, doin' some soul searching.

which is totally groovy, and I support it 100%. Well, roughly 63% (not a pun, for once!) due to lag and energy innefficiency of supporting somepony over the Internet.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Dwarf in the Playground

Write the guy an email, apologize for not being able to make it, explain what happened, ask him if he has any pictures of the stuff he had up there (he probably does), and offer to buy him a beer or lunch next time you see him.

FRIENDSHIP CRISIS RESOLVED.

Feel better, just remember this weekend what's really important if you're feeling too sick to go to a convention.

It's Comic-con. Comic-con is more important. Screw all that "physical health" crap
    Thanks for the advice, I will do that. Ya I know I will be ragged when con happens but hopefully between the obscene amounts of vitamin c, and caffeine I have I will get through feeling mostly not dead. Also I just got word from the person making the hat for my cosplay that it is finished. I am going as Ox-King from Dragon Ball Z which other than the hat is an incredibly easy outfit to pull off if you don't mind wearing pink.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roninhirox View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I will do that. Ya I know I will be ragged when con happens but hopefully between the obscene amounts of vitamin c, and caffeine I have I will get through feeling mostly not dead. Also I just got word from the person making the hat for my cosplay that it is finished. I am going as Ox-King from Dragon Ball Z which other than the hat is an incredibly easy outfit to pull off if you don't mind wearing pink.
    How could anyone possibly have a problem with pink?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

28. - Top - End - #868
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    How could anyone possibly have a problem with pink?
    Seriously. You and everyone else who is doing this with the ponymotes, stop. You click on the ponymote, it'll grey the screen and bring the picture up in the middle of the screen, then you right click *that* and click copy image location. Doing it off the grid results in this huge, hideous pixellated mess.

29. - Top - End - #869

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Yes.

Yes, you should.

Hopereaver?

Rocket launcher.
    *Starts running* Heh. He'll never think to look on the GitP Minecraft server.

All right, I'm prepared to call that 'enough' ships.
    How can you call that enough shipping when it lacks my OTP? Madame LeFleurxTom Fo evah!

Seriously. You and everyone else who is doing this with the ponymotes, stop. You click on the ponymote, it'll grey the screen and bring the picture up in the middle of the screen, then you right click *that* and click copy image location. Doing it off the grid results in this huge, hideous pixellated mess.
    imgur just changed their interface so it doesn't quite work that way anymore. What you need to do is either right click and hit 'open image in new tab,' or click on an image and then copy the URL off of the little bar of icons at the bottom.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

The first one is horrible, the second made me tear up a bit.
    Derpy sleeping on the job? Yeah, it's pretty sad. She'll probably get fired if she keeps that up.

No, but seriously, I was looking through that guy's deviantart page just a few minutes ago, and he's very good.
    Spoiler
    Show

With a reaction like this? I really have no interest in reading this Tumblr, and especially not in public like I am right now.
    Have you ever seen a Herschell Gordon Lewis film? Well, I don't recommend it, honestly, but I also don't have a better reference point and Halloween is coming up soon, so try to check one out before the next sentence. Okay, it's basically that, fake ketchup blood and all, with horses. It's much more surreal than it's intended to be, I think, and not nearly as disturbing as it's given credit for.

Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-09 at 01:35 AM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.