Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER the 13th

[Cessie's Room]

Plotclone!

Sakura was going to go see Cessie. It's about time she got to gush about the proposal going so well! But alas, when she sees Harnel storm out and head the other direction she knows that she'll have to put her situation aside for the time being.

The dryad knocks on the door not long after Harnel leaves. "Cessie? Can I come in?"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena]

Harnel will likely run into Ilpholin, already training there. Since I think she has a semi-permanent plot clone in Watchtower, always training here when she's not somewhere already doing stuff on the base.

I blame the lack of eligible people to seduce.

She gives Harnel a quick glance when he comes in.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

[/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

There's always Zanny! Speaking of which...

Main Room

Darcy is resting. She hates resting, but she has to do it. So what will she do in the meantime?

REAL HOUSEWIVES OF RIVERSIDE MARATHON!!!!!!
    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    Interested in Nexus FFRP? Read here and here then dive in. Newcomers welcome.
    My Characters | Nexus Digest 78 | Formspring Index | Objects
    Stories | Smile! | Smile Big!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Practice

As Harnel practices, Jeremy watches from the shadows. Its easy for him to figure out that the two had another spat, but now it was time for him to do something. Ilpholin may see him slipping silently along the floor, through the shadows, towards the dragonborn/dragonkin/whatever.

After a few more swings, Harnel might suddenly find his sword hitting something hard, blocked by a slender black blade, crawling with red runes. "Nice sword, but that's not what I want you to talk about." Jeremy says from beside Harnel. His tone should tell him what he wants Harnel to really speak of.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Practice]

Harnel's brow furrows as Jeremy blocks his sword and says this, and Harnel just says, "Why? This is my problem."

And there's that again. He thinks this is all his fault, even if he isn't sure how. He always thinks whenever something bad happens that he might have prevented somehow, it's his fault.

Also, any of those terms are relevant. Also, Half-dragon >.>
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Practice

"No, it's not." Jeremy says, turning his blade slightly and swinging, intending to slap the flat edge on the Whatever's chest. "Because you're living here, a part of this organization, we need to be able to count on you being able to make rational decisions without worrying about your mental instability made from marital issues worming their way at your thoughts. It makes you sloppy and that can cost lives."

"Talk." He demands. "Or I will."
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena]

Ilpholin frowns. And she was considering asking Harnel to spar with her. Or what was the matter. But it seems some other thing was going on that probably precluded her.

She wraps up and goes to head downstairs. Give the two guys some privacy.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

[/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Practice]

"Fine," Harnel says, blocking the blade with his own, "And just how do you think you can help with this?" Harnel brings the flat of his own blade towards Jeremy from the side.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Practice

"By having you realize that what you did was wrong (Note I didn't say stupid) and hoping you'll learn from me more than you seem to from your wife." Jeremy says bluntly as he turns his blade to slam the hilt in the way of Harnel's, blocking it hard before bringing his left fist around in a hard hook towards Harnel's jaw. He's much stronger than a human should be, and tougher too, so the scales won't hurt his hand too much.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Practice]

Harnel will take his left hand off the blade to deflect the punch - not block it. A smart warrior knows that takes way too much energy. Better simply to redirect a blow coming towards you, if you can. "Yeah, I know what I did was wrong. You think she let me off the hook either? You think I let myself off the hook there?"

Harnel wings surge forward of his shoulders, both towards Jeremy's head. He's hoping they'll prove distracting enough for Harnel to get his hand back on his sword; he can wield the thing one handed, but it's difficult.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Practice

Jeremy follows the momentum of his deflected punch, going into a spin and lowering his body, ducking under the wings and sweeping out a leg to try and knock Harnel's feet out from under him. "What was your wish? Exactly as you asked it."
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Practice]

"I wanted to be a dragon. And I went out of my way to say that I wanted to still be attracted to Cessie," Harnel says. There's more, but he isn't saying it right now.

Harnel makes a jump over Jeremy's leg, moving forward as he does, closing with Jeremy. A bit of dexterity reverses his grip on Conflict, and he attempts to bring the hilt of the blade toward Jeremy; assuming the man is standing, it'll connect with his stomach, in just the right place to wind him, under the ribcage.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

Sakura and Adir's Room - Dreamscape

Adir walks amidst them, shifting to his satyr form. Force of habit, really. He's too used to Nexus rules, and certainly doesn't want to be nude in front of kids. "I can see why you thought about having a baby. Seeing these guys." He kicks a large, hard piece of fruit - likely some sort of improvised ball - and sends it flying back amidst the children. "Only kids I ever knew where my brothers and sisters. We didn't visit humans, either. They just visited us."
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

-Johanna Stokes

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Practice

Jeremy twists slightly to the side, letting the strike brush against his stomach, and retaliates with a couple hard blows with his left fist at Harnel's own stomach as he reverses the grip on his sword with his right hand. "Answer the question." He growls.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aggressive Practice]

Harnel will Turn to the side as well, letting the blow glance off his chest, and surges forward, intending to shoulder check Jeremy in the side, if nothing else that knock him off balance.

"I want to be a dragon! Despite this, I still want to be attracted to Cessie. Exact Wording!"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura and Adir's Room - Dreamscape]

Sakura has no such options for concealing herself. Oh well, the kids don't seem to be paying the fey couple any mind anyway.

"Yeah." She watches the children, imagining what it'd be like to have their child be running among them. "It was when we were staying here that I knew that I wanted kids some day. One woman was pregnant and she gave birth before I left. Just seeing her with her baby..." The dryad sighs contentedly, her arms curling over her own stomach.

Note the plural 'kids'. >.>

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Aggressive Practice

Jeremy is shouldered into, and his sword vanishes. It seems he's falling backward, but Harnel will find a hand latch onto his shoulder while another pushes into his stomach. As soon as Jeremy's back hits the ground, he kicks up, throwing Harnel over him before using the momentum to carry himself back to his feet where he can take a bit of a breather as Harnel recovers from the throw. "I take it back. The wish was stupid." He says. "No wonder Cessie is upset. Do you realize how much that wish can be twisted? What kind of dragon do you want to be? You could be made into a dragon the size of a house, a horse, or even a dragon fly. You could have been made into something as smart as a common housecat or dumb as a box of rocks. What if you were turned into a dragon that upon looking on anything, that object turned to solid gold or stone?" He raises his fists, as if ready to box, his sword still gone for now, unsummoned.

(Godmod Approved)
    Last edited by Wolfbane; 2011-10-13 at 11:55 PM.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Aggressive Practice

Harnel loses his grip on Conflict during the roll, and it goes off to the side

Harnel stands after a moment, saying, "You think I didn't think of that? I made damn sure it would be the same kind of dragon as my mother. A Red from my homeworld. You just asked for the wish itself. There was a lot to that conversation."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

Adir grins, crossing his arms. "Did I hear someone say 'kids'?" The stag looks at the children running circles around him, in a world of their own. "I'm just glad to be here for the one. Can't imagine how good that baby's father must've felt."

Spoiler
    Show

-Johanna Stokes

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura looks sheepish when he points out the word 'kids', but doesn't comment further. Time to worry about this kid first before thinking about any more.

"You won't have to imagine in too long." Sakura slips her arm around his waist and smiles up at him. She can't wait for the day the baby is born.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Aggressive Practice

"That is what I wanted to hear."
    Jeremy says with a smirk. "Now for the big question. Why did you make the wish? I don't want some BS answer about how it's always been a dream either." He says before lunging forward, giving a stomp with his lead foot to try and distract Harnel from his left hook towards the half-dragon's cheek.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Aggressive Practice

The stomp does indeed distract Harnel long enough for the blow to connect, but Harnel's own instincts keep it from being a solid blow, as he moves his head backwards. It grazes his face, sending him moving back. He's on the defensive for now.

"For three reasons!" he says, "It is a dream of mine. I'm also a greedy bastard. But more than anything else I want to protect everybody!"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Aggressive Practice

"It was for NONE of those reasons!"
    Jeremy shouts before doing a quick doublestep forward, following his attack with an elbow strike at Harnel's right shoulder, hoping to hurt the muscle and weaken his strength in that arm for a while. To do so, he leaves himself momentarily defenseless as he has to drive his elbow forward with his other hand.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Aggressive Practice

Harnel does the same as he's done before, move his body and turn it into a glancing blow. Harnel also use the momentum of his turn to bring his left fist up towards Jeremy's stomach - not the strongest of blows, as it doesn't have that much momentum, but it'll certainly hurt if it connects.

"Oh yeah smart guy? What do you think it was for?!"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

Sakura and Adir's Room - Dreamscape

"Mmhm." Adir smiles down at her before turning to watch the children play. He has a thought - something he's been considering a while - and decides to see what Sakura thinks. "...Y'know, we might wanna think about getting our own place."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-14 at 12:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

-Johanna Stokes

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Aggressive PracticeFight!

Jeremy does the only thing possible at the moment and tightens his stomach muscles, grunting with the blow's pain and being pushed back a bit. "It's because you're scared." He says with a snarl before stepping forward to try and deliver a Left Hook-Right Cross combo to Harnel's face. "A frightened little boy. You thought you finally felt power and strength for once in your life, and when you lost it, you got scared. You grew afraid of how you are now, that you might never be able to protect Cessie or your child if you aren't "powerful", even if you were doing a damn fine job before hand."
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura looks curiously at him. "Like, a house for us and the baby?" She hasn't really concidered it. Of course, she's never really thought about permanent homes much. "I don't know. What would it be like?"

Something more simple would probably suit Sakura's tastes. So completely different than the place Harnel and Cessie are getting.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Fight!

Harnel takes the first hit, but Will block the second blow with one of his own hands. He spits out some blood before yelling back, "You may as well say everything ever done is built on fear with that logic! Try again, Jackass!" And he swings a fist for Jeremy's face

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Fight

The blow connects with Jeremy's face, and he's knocked back several steps. He spits out a broken tooth and some blood before turning back and glaring at Harnel. "I wasn't finished." He says with a growl, falling into a defensive pose and slowly circling. "Most of all, your fear made you so damn insecure that you can't even take your wife's word that she loves you for who you are." He says. "Take a look in a ******* mirror! That's the person she wanted when she married you! Not some ******* dragon! If you can't accept that, then it's no wonder your marriage is rocky. Get your head on straight now or it'll never last." The man tells Harnel. "Or do you want Cessie to break into tears every time she sees you?" He asks rhetorically.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Fight

Now that gets a reaction. Mostly the part about Cessie crying, but Harnel is listening. He screams at Jeremy, "Wux tepoha thric ulhyrr svaust si mi!"

After, Harnel stops, takes a deep breath, and moves out of his ready posture. Draconic is technically Harnel's first language, since he was born knowing it. The fact that he dropped into it through anger means he lost control completely for a moment, even if he stopped himself from charging forward with an attack. "Fine Jeremy. What do you suggest?"