New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Banned

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread VII: Playground Eternal Essence

golentan: your "children's games" DMP should read "children's card games" and have a picture of Yami Yugi.

~

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    golentan: your "children's games" DMP should read "children's card games" and have a picture of Yami Yugi.

~
    It was part of a series on Bleach as Exalted. So no.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

ok, I think I got an idea for No Moon Charms.

charms….that allow you to alter your Lunar tattoos and gain more tattoo artifacts! as well as assigning certain tattoo artifacts to certain forms, so that when you shapeshift, you gain the benefit of that tattoo artifact as well as that form! meaning, that a Lunar can have far more Tattoo artifacts, as well as gain more flexibility from her shapeshifting!

for example you could assign a tattoo artifact to some bird form that allows you to drop essence bombs from above! and assign another bird from a different tattoo artifact that allows them fly faster! you could have a bird form for travel, a bird form for ranged assault from above, a bird form for stealth and recon, and so on and so forth! and that is just birds!

and furthermore, what if the Lunar could do animal stuff better than animals? no wait they already do that! thats the Lunar theme, doing animal stuff better than animals! of course…oh wait….I guess thats obvious….hmm…

edit 1: but wait….Casteless Lunars would be screwed over further…its a good idea but what do about those Casteless?

edit 2: came up with idea for Casteless Lunars! what if in exchange for being casteless and vulnerable to the Wyld, they could use Wyld-keyworded charms outside the Wyld? it would make sense because of their unbound Wyld Spark that it would be stronger…..and then all that would need to be done is add more Wyld-keyworded charms…….that might actually work….
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2011-11-06 at 08:52 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #964
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    edit 2: came up with idea for Casteless Lunars! what if in exchange for being casteless and vulnerable to the Wyld, they could use Wyld-keyworded charms outside the Wyld? it would make sense because of their unbound Wyld Spark that it would be stronger…..and then all that would need to be done is add more Wyld-keyworded charms…….that might actually work….
    That has the potential to be horrendously broken.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    That has the potential to be horrendously broken.
    point. why not have Casteless Lunars be able to cast them outside of the Wyld, but pay extra for it? like the cost is doubled or something?

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say something about the ridiculous space-warping shenanigans, but...it'd still be less game-breaking than some of the things in Infernals, so I don't see why not.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    I'd say something about the ridiculous space-warping shenanigans, but...it'd still be less game-breaking than some of the things in Infernals, so I don't see why not.
    Well, some of the Infernals charms are balanced by insanity and costs...
    Calling on your Wyld spark carries a potential cost of permanent Limit. If you want to harness the Wyld via your Exaltation, then you run the same risks as harnessing it any other way.
    It's basically that simple. Will your character pay the cost in potential permanent limit to use the charms?
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

8. - Top - End - #968
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Cards of Fate and Fortune

Time confuses the Raksha. It seems they visited a part of Creation mere instants in the past, and what was a kingdom is now a pile of sand - and what used to be offerings to the Fair Folk are now children's toys. In an effort to preserve continuity for what matters - their warped sense of justice above all - the Raksha created Cards, as a means by which to reawaken whatever power they might have held in past millennia.

To the mundane observer, the Cards are unique, each decorated with intricate images and text that hovers at the edge of being intelligible. When their power begins to awaken, their rightful owner, all unawares, gains the ability to deliver truly terrifying curses and blessings.

In order to use the Cards, one or more must be added to an ordinary game, though the rules might take a turn for the eerie. Each time their owner plays with them, he understands the true underlying game more thoroughly, and the Raksha slumbering within come closer to awakening. As the game begins, the owner of the Cards may name some stakes, a punishment or reward for success.

As the game takes place, the surroundings change, shadows growing around the players until they seem to be caught in a massive pattern of light and darkness. Some swear the overall symbol looks like a cross with a loop at one end, others insist on a pyramidal shape. In any event, when the game comes to an end, the rune flares and the loser - or winner - is drawn into the Cards.

Usually, those claimed by the Cards return so briefly after vanishing that no appreciable time seems to have passed. However, they are indisputably changed, for the stakes have been applied. Each time the Cards are used for this purpose, more must be employed - what strange Wyld gods will awaken when all are used does not bear thinking of too deeply, for the Fair Folk are nothing is not dangerous despite their generosity.

1-dot Chancel. Almost certainly inhabited. Great place for Shadow Games.

And that's... not nine Chancels, no. But enough to illustrate the ways their fluff can make them interesting, despite horribly broken and insufficient mechanics. Thus, whatever the other Chancels are (barring inspiration), is a secret.

The Tree of the Shinma

Somewhere in the deepest Eastern Wyld, there is a tree that is all things a tree is not. Every century, this un-tree bears a rich crop of fruit, and the single fruit it produces is carried to Creation by the Western waves. This unique not-fruit is found each week somewhere among the islands, waiting to be consumed by those mad enough to desire the power that the sea hates.

Should one of the non-fruits be eaten, it grants power to the eater, but at a terrible cost - the most apparent manifestation of this price is that their powers fail when they are doused in sea water. The state of their soul is likely suspect as well, but the sort of laughing madman who'll devour a strange fruit with no thought to the consequences is not the kind to worry about such matters.

1-dot Adjuration: "So long as I stay out of the sea, the devilish powers I have shall never fail."
    Assumption of Bestial Form - grants a pile of mutations
    Surpassing Excellence - someone who has consumed the fruit is incredibly skilled at expostulating about their powers, their view of the world, and how hungry they are. And people will listen.

If you want more than a few mutations, use a Fair Folk under Assumption of the Person's Heart instead. That gives you pretty much anything you want, plus the ability to take blows that should kill you and surviving anyway, a way to obtain flying ships when the plot demands same, a source of talking, shapechanging animals...

9. - Top - End - #969
    Pixie in the Playground

ok, I think I got an idea for No Moon Charms.

charms….that allow you to alter your Lunar tattoos and gain more tattoo artifacts! as well as assigning certain tattoo artifacts to certain forms, so that when you shapeshift, you gain the benefit of that tattoo artifact as well as that form! meaning, that a Lunar can have far more Tattoo artifacts, as well as gain more flexibility from her shapeshifting!

for example you could assign a tattoo artifact to some bird form that allows you to drop essence bombs from above! and assign another bird from a different tattoo artifact that allows them fly faster! you could have a bird form for travel, a bird form for ranged assault from above, a bird form for stealth and recon, and so on and so forth! and that is just birds!

and furthermore, what if the Lunar could do animal stuff better than animals? no wait they already do that! thats the Lunar theme, doing animal stuff better than animals! of course…oh wait….I guess thats obvious….hmm…

edit 1: but wait….Casteless Lunars would be screwed over further…its a good idea but what do about those Casteless?

Couldn't you make some Solar level or celestial (maybe?) level magic rituals that could do the tattoo artifact thing? (basically take an actual artifact you want to tat. "push it in" as part of the magic.
    Painful thing, probally do some permanent or at least semi-permenent damage.

just a thought.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

I imagine Bitter Copal (the iconic Defiler) talking like TF2's Pyro.

11. - Top - End - #971

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    I like story (!) ...not power.
    The two aren't mutually exclusive.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You're aiming too low!
    Take Charisma and App charms. Become the CUTEST KITTY /EVER./
    Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    I like low power / low auspice games. I like humble wanderers that travel from town to town setting Right small Wrongs and gaining life-time favors from Mortals. I like the simple crafts-person who hammers diligently to perfect his craft and bring honor to his Home and his House for the quality of his blades. I like the itinerant artist who forsakes wealth, power, and prestige to create the most breath-stealing depictions of non-existent places.

I like the Jade-born warrior. The simple, humble, one who fights in the Endless War for the survival of his kind and the Intimacies of his fellow warriors.

I like story (!) ...not power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    The two aren't mutually exclusive.

That may be accurate. But when someone says, "You're doing it wrong," when it's only a matter of taste and opinion...there is a problem.

Now, also, I believe that Lorn was trying to be amusing and funny. I didn't take it personally. It'd be neat to try to make a Lunar into the Scarlet Empress's house pet. That'd probably be an interesting story. Still, since someone has been encouraging me to express my opinion more often, I thought I'd try.

Also, I should thank you, Volt. I've never really had cause to quote myself.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Hai!

I return resplendent with new character sheets that I decided I should do for, you know, completeness. I slaved over a mildly warm laptop for many, many minutes to bring these to you.

So, without further ado, here are the Three Flavours of Dragonblooded, separated for convenience, and because I didn't feel like cluttering it up with dozen-lines-long notes for what should be where, when and how when you're η, β, Ω or π.
    Eta beta omega pi. Eat a bit o' mega pie. Aha, wit.
    Dynast Dragonblooded Sheet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Aspect:
    Anima:

Motivation:

Background:

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Primary (Physical/Social/Mental): 7
    Secondary (Physical/Social/Mental): 6
    Tertiary (Physical/Social/Mental): 4

Physical:
    Strength ●
    Dexterity ●
    Stamina ●

Social:
    Charisma ●
    Manipulation ●
    Appearance ●

Mental
    Perception ●
    Intelligence ●
    Wits ●

Abilities (Specializations +)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Note: Place [A]spect and [F]avoured tags, for clarity.]
    Total without BP/XP: 35
    13 of these MUST be placed into Aspect or Favoured. Also, I placed Dots where Dots must be. (Archery 1, Lore 2, Martial Arts 1, Melee 1, Performance 1, Presence 1, Ride 1, Socialize 2 and War 1.) You cannot remove these Dots, or Peleps Deled will come for you for a discussion on literature. These dots count towards the Total and the requirement.

Linguistics
    Lore ●●
    Occult
    Stealth
    Thrown

Awareness
    Craft
    Integrity
    Resistance
    War ●

Athletics
    Dodge
    Melee ●
    Presence ●
    Socialize ●●

Bureaucracy
    Investigation
    Larceny
    Martial Arts ●
    Sail

Archery ●
    Medicine
    Performance ●
    Ride
    Survival

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Backgrounds:
    Dynasts start with 12 and may choose from Allies, Arsenal, Artifact, Backing, Breeding, Command, Connections, Familiar, Family, Henchmen, Manse, Reputation, Resources and Retainer. Also, note that Dynasts can go into the 4-5 range without using BP.

Artifacts and Equipment:
    Artifact: X [What it is], fluff name
    Important features.
    [Source (Both it's Book and in-Game location]

Manse: X
    Stone: [Which Hearthstone] (Location, if socketed) [Source]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creation Points: [(Value of Manse x2)+bonus from Manse Flaws]
    > [List what the points are spent on]

Resources: X
    Reason for value
    Spoiler
    Show

> [List of purchases, and sources]

Charms7 Charms, at least four of which must be from Aspect or Favored Abilities; Immaculate martial artists get 5 Immaculate Martial Arts Charms instead, all of which must be from the same elemental tree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability
    Excellencies
    [Charms]

Combos:

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat:

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hands:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+1)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+0B] | Parry DV: [(((Dex+Ability)+2)= X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers] | Rate: 3

Feet:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+0)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+3B] | Parry DV: [(((Dex+Ability)-2)= X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers] | Rate: 2

Clinch:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+0)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+0B] | Parry DV: - | Rate: 3

Dodge DV: X [((((Dex+Ability)+Essence)+Bonus Dice From Equipment) = X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers]

Permanent Charms (Effects)

Soak:
    Bashing: [((Stamina+Armour)+Any other Modifiers)]
    Lethal: [(((Stamina /2)+Armour)+Any other Modifiers)]
    Aggravated: [Armour+Any other Modifiers)]

Hardness:
    Bashing: [Highest value from any source]
    Lethal: [Highest value from any source]
    Aggravated: [Highest value from any source]

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: [((((Willpower+Integrity)+Relevant Specialty)+Essence)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round down) + Any other bonuses.]
    Charisma Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Charisma+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]
    >Performance: [(((Charisma+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]
    Manipulation Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Manipulation+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]
    >Performance: [(((Manipulation+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]

Virtues:
    Compassion ●
    Conviction ●
    Temperance ●
    Valor ●

Crazy Aspect Mode: (Differs, see your aspect entry in the DB book)

Intimacies:
    You're a Realm-based DB. There will be many. See with your ST if you can arrange 'lesser' intimacies to represent your dozens of distant cousins and other members of your family that your character isn't that close to. List them in their own subsection just under this one, if so, and just use this for the Intimacies that will actually matter.

Languages:
    High Realm (Native), ???

Willpower: ●●●●●

Essence:
    Permanent: ●●
    Personal: Current (Max) [(Essence + Willpower) + any gained from
    Breeding]
    Peripheral: Current (Max) (Value Attuned) [(Essence x 4) + Willpower + [the sum of the two highest Virtues] + any gained from Breeding]

Bonus Points and XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Points:

Total: 18/18 | Flaws:

Lookshy Dragonblooded Sheet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Aspect:
    Anima:

Motivation:

Background:

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Physical:
    Strength ●
    Dexterity ●
    Stamina ●

Social:
    Charisma ●
    Manipulation ●
    Appearance ●

Mental
    Perception ●
    Intelligence ●
    Wits ●

Spoiler
    Show
    Total without BP/XP: 35
    13 of these MUST be placed into Aspect or Favoured. Also, I placed Dots where Dots must be. (Archery 2, Linguistics 3, Lore 2, Martial Arts 2, Melee 2, Performance 1, Presence 1, Ride 1, Stealth 1 and War 2.) You cannot remove these Dots.

Linguistics ●●●
    Lore ●●
    Occult
    Stealth ●
    Thrown

Awareness
    Craft
    Integrity
    Resistance
    War ●●

Athletics
    Dodge
    Melee ●●
    Presence ●
    Socialize ●●

Bureaucracy
    Investigation
    Larceny
    Martial Arts ●●
    Sail

Archery ●●
    Medicine
    Performance ●
    Ride ●
    Survival

Spoiler
    Show
    Backgrounds:
    Lookshy Dragonblooded start with 13 points of Backgrounds and may choose from Allies, Arsenal, Artifact, Backing, Command, Connections, Familiar, Family, Manse, Mentor, Reputation, Resources and Retainer.

Artifacts and Equipment:
    Important features.

Spoiler
    Show

Reason for value
    Spoiler
    Show

CharmsLookshy characters all start play with Wind-Carried Word Technique and Elemental Bolt Attack, to which they add 6 Dragon-Blooded Charms, 4 of which must come from Aspect or Favored Abilities; Lookshy DBs may not start play with Immaculate Martial Arts Charms.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability
    Excellencies
    [Charms]

Combos:

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat:

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hands:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+1)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+0B] | Parry DV: [(((Dex+Ability)+2)= X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers] | Rate: 3

Feet:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+0)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+3B] | Parry DV: [(((Dex+Ability)-2)= X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers] | Rate: 2

Clinch:
    Acc: X [(((Dex+Martial Arts)+0)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str+0B] | Parry DV: - | Rate: 3

Dodge DV: X [((((Dex+Ability)+Essence)+Bonus Dice From Equipment) = X /2 round up) = Base + Modifiers]

Soak:

Hardness:

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: [((((Willpower+Integrity)+Relevant Specialty)+Essence)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round down) + Any other bonuses.]
    Charisma Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Charisma+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]
    >Performance: [(((Charisma+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]
    Manipulation Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Manipulation+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]
    >Performance: [(((Manipulation+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.]

Virtues:
    Compassion ●
    Conviction ●
    Temperance ●
    Valor ●

Intimacies:

Languages:
    ???

Essence:
    Breeding]
    Peripheral: Current (Max) (Value Attuned) [(Essence x 4) + Willpower + [the sum of the two highest Virtues] + any gained from Breeding]

Bonus Points and XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Points:

Outcaste Dragonblooded Sheet. Poor buggers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Aspect:
    Anima:

Motivation:

Background:

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Physical:
    Strength ●
    Dexterity ●
    Stamina ●

Social:
    Charisma ●
    Manipulation ●
    Appearance ●

Mental
    Perception ●
    Intelligence ●
    Wits ●

Spoiler
    Show
    Total without BP/XP: 25
    13 of these MUST be placed into Aspect or Favoured.

Linguistics
    Lore
    Occult
    Stealth
    Thrown

Awareness
    Craft
    Integrity
    Resistance
    War

Athletics
    Dodge
    Melee
    Presence
    Socialize

Bureaucracy
    Investigation
    Larceny
    Martial Arts
    Sail

Archery
    Medicine
    Performance
    Ride
    Survival

Spoiler
    Show
    Backgrounds:
    Outcastes get 7, and use the Backgrounds from the Core Exalted book; no Background may be higher than 3 without spending bonus points. Note that this means you don't get the awesome version of the Artifact background.

Also, you get Breeding.

Artifacts and Equipment:
    Important features.

Spoiler
    Show

Reason for value
    Spoiler
    Show

Charms Outcastes get 7 to choose from, 4 must be from Favoured or Aspect. Abilities; an outcaste with a Mentor 5 sifu who opts to learn Celestial martial arts [see sidebar on p. 95] get 5 Celestial Martial Arts Charms instead, all of which must be from the same elemental tree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability
    Excellencies
    [Charms]

Combos:

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat:

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hands:

Feet:

Clinch:

Soak:

Hardness:

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Charisma Parry MDV:
    Manipulation Parry MDV:

Virtues:
    Compassion ●
    Conviction ●
    Temperance ●
    Valor ●

Intimacies:

Languages:
    ???

Essence:
    Breeding]

Bonus Points and XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Points:

I like that I said I didn't want to do overly long notes then included a joke about Peleps Deled. Ohwell. And now, I mayhaps return to lurking. Xefas, if you want to put these in the OP, I'd appreciate it.

Also, to my players from 6-ish months ago, sorry about the whole vanishing without a trace thing.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2011-11-07 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

Hello.

I'm Raziere. So your the guy that did those sheets eh? cool.

I personally like making artifacts myself:

Earth's Embrace Aura Armor
    Artifact 2
    This White Jade Breastplate made during the Shogunate emits a circular aura around it up to 10 yards away, increasing all allies soak by 4B/4L within it.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen...
    Or possibly fillies and gentlecolts...
    I need assistance in making a decision.

If Sol Invictus were a pony, what would his punny pony name be?

My thought is Ignis Equine, but I want further opinions. Thoughts?
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Xefas, if you want to put these in the OP, I'd appreciate it.
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    It's a pun, yeah. But it's not very fun to say, which makes it starkly un-pony, if you ask me.

I'd just go with "Sol", personally. Compare to "Celestia" and "Luna". You could stick an honorific on it, too - like Princess Sol. His formal title, even as a pony, could still be "Unconquered Sun" - compare to "Nightmare Moon".
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-11-07 at 02:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

I find it fun to say...

Fair point, though. It's certainly not punny in the same way as the puns of the series.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Done.
    Thanks
    His formal title, even as a pony, could still be "Unconquered Sun" - compare to "Nightmare Moon".
    We need to find a word that means "Unconquered" that has a horse pun inside it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    We need to find a word that means "Unconquered" that has a horse pun inside it.
    Looking up famous mythical horses, I think I found something quite appropriate.

edit: The Unassailable Sun?
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-11-07 at 03:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

You know how to make little ponies happy, Xefas.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Looking up famous mythical horses, I think I found something quite appropriate.

edit: The Unassailable Sun?
    They aren't even in the same subgenus, you hack.

The Insurmountable Sun?
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

Except we know the Sun is mountable, just ask- Mars, Luna, Gaia, and likely a couple of primordials.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

23. - Top - End - #983

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    If Sol Invictus were a pony, what would his punny pony name be?

Ignis Equus. Ignis Equinis probably sounds better, though. Try not to use Ignis Equites Illorus.
    Last edited by Story Time; 2011-11-07 at 05:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

The Undonkuered Sun?

edit: hey I have an idea:

what if say either the Lunars or the Sidereals were the strongest Exalt when they were first created by the Incarnae instead of the Solars? how would've things turned out?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2011-11-07 at 06:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #985

what if say either the Lunars or the Sidereals were the strongest Exalt when they were first created by the Incarnae instead of the Solars? how would've things turned out?
    Well, then they would've been the most-affected by the Great Curse.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

26. - Top - End - #986

An interesting base concept. The Sidereals were the most powerful Exalts after the close of the Primordial War. Therefore, if the Usurpation occurred, the Sidereals would have been deposed by the joint efforts of Solars, Lunars, and Dragon-bloods. The requirement, obviously, would have been the Sidereals roosting in Creation rather than Yu-Shan. Still, it is an interesting exercise.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

but y'know, after that. the First Age.

I mean what would a Lunar-dominated First Age be like? would there still be high tech? would the Solars still make all that wonderful technology? what would it look like?

and Sidereals: would a Sidereal dominated First Age result in this world fully controlled by Fate? would the Solars and the Lunars unite to overthrow them and imprison them, and have to somehow figure out ways to fix causality without them? probably….

28. - Top - End - #988

Sidereal First Age:
    Spoiler
    Show

[Fate] Police State

Granted, it would have been high-tech and high-Essence. Grand and amazing with the cooperation of the Solars, likely. But Fate Police? No, thank you.

Lunar First Age...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would probably have been better... A little. Perhaps a little less technology and more communing with Gaia. The Wyld Hunts could have been led by Lunars.

Must think about this more...

29. - Top - End - #989

So, we now have a nebulous release date for 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden
    2.5 has to be out before Shards, because Shards material is going to be designed to run on it. Simple as that.
    Here.

2012 WW release schedule.

So, "soon" is now "soon, before June of 2012".
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-11-08 at 10:08 AM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

So..... still almost a year away.

Also, Book, any chance of a revived deathlord game?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.