New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Melee build for Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by gourdcaptain View Post
    I'm pretty sure a Barbarian can't take more than one totem line of Rage powers.
    The Totem Rager archetype may take more than one, if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popertop View Post
    Congratulations sir, only a proud, great and terrible few have managed to produce an epic frown from me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    Since he's starting at level 4, and gains Dervish Dance at level 3, there is no difference in damage. Not only that, but you won't ever need to worry about two-handing for damage while moving, since you can take Experimental Spellcaster at fifth level and grab the spell Accelerate, which gives you an extra move action. So, yeah, there's no advantage to a strength build unless you start at higher levels, and even then the hit to initiative and Reflex saves hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz View Post
    You are aware you need 3 feats just to make that trick work, aren't you? In addition to burning more spells every time you want to move. 2handing for damage is never a "worry" because it doesn't even take an action to make, you just declare it.
    Not every time you want to move, just once an encounter. Also, so what? Burning the one feat for move + full attack is definitely worth, it seeing as you are essentially getting two turns in one, move + full attack + standard action spell. And the other two feats are both ensuring that you not only have a high AC, reflex save, and initiative at low levels, but a very nice damage output as well. It's simply better than the alternative, I'm afraid.
    Ok...............are you guys trying to optimize for a magus build still? Thanks for some of the info when I do ever be one but I'm NOT GOING MAGUS for like the second time I said. I forgot that somebody mentioned magus, but unfortunately the campaign won't have that for now. Thanks and happy gaming! Oh and my question was a few posts back if anybody cared to look :P lol

3. - Top - End - #33

Not every time you want to move, just once an encounter. Also, so what? Burning the one feat for move + full attack is definitely worth, it seeing as you are essentially getting two turns in one, move + full attack + standard action spell. And the other two feats are both ensuring that you not only have a high AC, reflex save, and initiative at low levels, but a very nice damage output as well. It's simply better than the alternative, I'm afraid.
    Or you can have that feat combination anyway for move + full attack, while also having the option to deal more melee damage for no expense and use heavier armor, guaranteeing more protection.
    "It's simply better" is, using your words..."simply" incorrect.

Now, sorry mr ranger557, I went off on a tangent here. Won't happen again. Just rest assured that "dervish magus" is not the "One true way" to make an optimal magus.

4. - Top - End - #34

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Andreaz View Post
    Or you can have that feat combination anyway for move + full attack, while also having the option to deal more melee damage for no expense and use heavier armor, guaranteeing more protection.
    "It's simply better" is, using your words..."simply" incorrect.

Now, sorry mr ranger557, I went off on a tangent here. Won't happen again. Just rest assured that "dervish magus" is not the "One true way" to make an optimal magus.
    I'm sorry, I'll amend that; better if you begin at any point before 13th level. And even then, it is debatable, seeing as the dex build will have a higher touch AC, high Ref save, higher to hit with ranged attacks, higher initiative score, and you'll even save a bit of money on armor, all for the low cost of two feats.
    Prestige Bard, updated for Pathfinder.

Revamped Spell Resistance system, for use with Spell Points/Psionics.