New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [FO:E] The Equestrian Wasteland 1

War.

War never changes.

Except when the war involves pastel colored magical talking tiny horses.

In which case war changes quite a bit. But only in so far as it looks a little cuter. Otherwise the horror of war is all too familiar.

Two hundred years ago war raged between Equestria and the Zebra Empire. A war ended decisively with megaspell strikes on each nation, devastating the land and poisoning it with necromantic radiation. The Pegasus sealed up the sky with an omnipresent curtain of clouds, shrouding the surface in perpetual gloom. Survivors retreated into the Stables, massive fallout shelters to protect them from the radiation storm above. Some offered salvation. Others became nightmarish death-traps. But the Stables opened and descendants populated the blasted, blighted wastes.

Some Stables remain closed, forgotten by the world.

The Princesses are dead.

Fell things watch from the Stars.

Unity seeks to consume all.

A new order rises on the backs of slaves.

Harmony is shattered and forgotten.

Discord warps fragile virtue.

And Friendship is dying in the hearts of ponies.

Can light be returned to the Equestrian Wasteland?

Or is suffering and hate its only future?

This can only be answered in the course of time.

This is Fallout Equestria.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Equestrian Wasteland 1

Sunrise. Sunrise in the Wasteland. Gone were the beautiful amber horizons shown in old vids and propaganda posters. Now, you only knew it was morning because the pitch black clouds above slowly faded into grey overcast skies. There was no beauty to it. Nothing special.

Lucky Break tipped his desperado hat forward, shielding his gaze from the dull sky overhead. The pegasus was laying on a rooftop in New Applaloosa, idly enjoying his morning. "Enjoying" was probably not the right term, but when you survive being beaten, shot, burnt, and left dead..... well, damn near anything is enjoyable after that.

His injuries had mostly healed. His wings were back to full function after being broken - he idly extended and flexed them, stretching his tense and taut muscles. His face was mostly healed. Mostly. He still wore bandages over it, their faint healing enchantments slowly leeching into his broken visage through-out the day, leaving only his pale blue eyes visible. There would be minimal scarring, he'd been told. At least from the gunshot. The burns...

Well, Lucky was never much of a looker anyway, he quietly mused.

Aside from the black cowboy hat and the contrasting white bandages, the pegasus was wearing a black leather vest, a battle-saddle combat harness rigged with a pair of sawn-off hunting rifles, and some brown leather saddle bags, which concealed his cutie mark. His forelegs were also wrapped in white bandages, some for the purpose of healing his remaining burn scars, and the rest just to give it a uniform appearance. No sense in looking sloppy; Couriers were supposed to maintain professional appearances. The patches of fur that were visible - parts of his flank, neck, and hind legs - were dull brown, while his mane and tail were a darker brown tone.

The pegasus lifted his gaze back up towards the overcast sunrise. "What to do, what to do..." he quietly muttered to himself. "Guess I should start by looking for work. Can't head back to New Pegasus with half a dozen bullets and no bits..." he grumbled, before flapping his wings twice. "Well, feels like I can fly again at least. Wonder if anyone needs some deliveries done?" A smirk formed on Lucky's face, though it was concealed by the mask of medical wraps. "Off to the bar, I suppose."

And with that, the Courier hopped to his hooves, then leaped off the rooftop. With a few flaps of his wings, he glided down into the town center, and landed in front of the bar. Folding his wings back against his body, he proceeded to trot on in, and hope he'd have a lucky break.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Everfree Forest

A small, bony filly wobbles her way through the air. Her pelt is long and gray, and her short, spiky hair is black and white.

The pegasus looks nervous as she starts to glide through the air, and she starts to slowly fly around trees.

I think I've got it! She whispers to herself.

I got it! I really did! She does a loop-de-loop in excitement.

WHAM!

She hit a tree.

Aww.... the filly sits down, dejected, and rubs her head with a small grey hoof.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-07 at 01:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Everfree Forest

Sitting down next to a fallen log Lamianos polishes his minigun, fully clad in his power armor he begins to turn on each of the systems and checks for any radio signal he can pick up, as he cleans and performs maintenance on his minigun he begins to repeat some chant over and over again. He begins to go into a kind of mesmerized state, staring deep into the minigun as he drones on.

He was quickly knocked out of the state by the sound of a large thump. Pricking his ears up and looking about he loads his minigun and begins walking towards the source of the thump with great caution. Turning around a tree he looks down and notices a foal sitting down on the ground, dejected.

"What exactly are you doing here in the middle of the forest kid?"
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

5. - Top - End - #5

Everfree Forest

EEEEKKKK!!

That was the sound of a great shriek that has let out from the filly as she flaps up a tree!

G-gun... don't shoot! Go away!

She wobbles into the air and hovers unsteadily before falling heavily onto a tree branch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Everfree Forest

"Woh woh woh woh woh, calm down, alright?" he lowers his minigun and sets it down on the ground "See? Nothing to fear but fear itself aye? Now tell me what you are doing here in the middle of this forest." He sits down and motions for the foal to come down to him.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Appleloosa - The Watering Hole]

New Appleloosa's local bar wasn't much of a place, four walls and a roof built from rusty scrap. The furnishings weren't much better, tables and chairs built from old metal and plastic, hammered flat enough to not spill your drink, mostly.

"What can I get for you, sugar?" Martini, the bar-mare asks the Courier when he enters the place.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #8

Everfree Forest

The foal eyes him carefully.

She goes back and forth a few times, and decides that he doesn't seem to be a threat.

She tries to flutter down gracefully, but ends up wobbling and crashing head first into a large root.

Ouch... Her eyes water as she sits down carefully, ready to run away at the first sight of danger.

I...I live here. Why are y-you here?
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-07 at 03:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lucky's right wing rises to tap his hat, tilting it at the bar-mare as he trots in. "Morning, ma'am," he greets Martini, before hopping up onto a stool at the bar. "Well, a job would be nice. Information would be nice, as well. I'm afraid I don't have the caps for a drink..." he sighs.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, Sug, then I'm afraid information's all I can give. Though, if you're lookin' for a job. Might be somethin' you could help me with. Couple a days ago, somepony came in here and robbed me." Martini snorts, clearly upset. "Didn't take any of my stock, but he ran off with a good bit of my caps. Can't buy new stock without money. Can't make money without stock. If'n I don't get my money back soon, I'm gonna have to close this place down."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Everfree Forest

Looking down at the foal he says almost curiously "You live here eh? Strange place for someone your age to be wandering by herself. Shouldn't you be with your parents?" he turns his head forward and begins rocking a piece of wood back and forth with one of his legs as he replies "As for what I'm doing here, well... I'm running. I disappointed my brother and I'd rather not go back, just trying to find someplace safe I can rest at."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Wastes]

Night Jewel was travelling alone and unarmed, and dressed with unusual elegance for an inhabitant of the wastelands. It would appear to passers-by that she was foolish, defenceless, and wealthy, and to unsavoury sorts, a perfect target.

The sound of a gun made her stop in her tracks. It seemed she had attracted a bandit, as would be expected.

"That there was a warning shot, missy," said the bandit, pointing his gun in her direction. "The next one's aimed at you. If you don't want to get a bullet to the head, I'll be having your valuables now."

Night Jewel quickly formed a plan. First, she'd have to draw him closer. "Pardon?" she asked.

"I said to hand over your money before I shoot you!"

"Come closer. My hearing's not that good."

The bandit approached. "Can you hear me now, missy? Just hand over your money and nopony gets hurt."

"Ah, yes, I'll get right to it. But first, why would a pony like you need money?"

"What kind of stupid question is that?"

"No, listen. When you're an outlaw, it's not particularly safe to enter towns, so you can't go anywhere where you can spend money, and what good is money if you can't use it anywhere?"

"Are you dense, missy? Do you think you're going to talk me out of robbing you?"

"No, but I distracted you long enough that I could pick your pocket."

Instinctively, the bandit checked his pockets, giving Night Jewel a chance to dive forward. One shot flew over her before she managed to come up below the gun and lift her head, disarming her would-be robber. Immediately, she darted over to where the gun had landed and placed a hoof on it.

"My, times change fast. Nowadays, no fierce brigand is safe from robbery by defenceless young ladies." She picked up the gun and emptied the rest of the bullets onto a nearby rock before tossing it back. "Now, I believe the line goes, 'I'll be having your valuables now'..."

~

A few minutes later, Night Jewel was on her way once again, bound for New Appaloosa. Her purse was somewhat heavier than it had previously been.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

13. - Top - End - #13

Everfree Forest

I-I'm not wandering. My daddy got killed. Mommy got... um... killed t-too. Raiders. I live here now.

She looks at the larger pony with tears in her eyes.

I h-have a place... you can stay there. Tel me your name and s-swear you won't try anything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Everfree Forest

He looks down and sighs when the foal tells him her parents were killed. "I'm sorry, I really am. My names a bit long so you can call me Lamia." he extends his hoof towards the little foal to shake hers and says "I swear not to start anything in your home, and as a Knight I am honor-bound to stick to that commitment."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lucky sighs. "Small world. I got mugged a couple of weeks ago, and they were nice enough to throw in some free plastic surgery," he mutters with a roll of his eyes. "So what'd they look like? Any idea which way they might have gone? Maybe I can go have a word with 'em, and try to get your caps back."

He then pauses, and looks down at his battle-saddle. The harness is armed with a pair of semi-automatic hunting rifles, which have been sawn down to reduce the length and weight at the cost of accuracy. And unfortunately, he's only got a few rounds left for each, plus a single clip for the 9mm tucked in his saddle-bag. "Uh... I don't suppose you have a few bullets you can spare though, would ya?" he asks with a sigh.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Everfree Forest

He looks down and sighs when the foal tells him her parents were killed. "I'm sorry, I really am. My names a bit long so you can call me Lamia." he extends his hoof towards the little foal to shake hers and says "I swear not to start anything in your home, and as a Knight I am honor-bound to stick to that commitment."
    Eledhwen gives hi what's supposed to be an intimidating look, but is actually extremely cute.

Okay then. F-follow me.

And she trots off!

Wonder why she didn't use her wings?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, you ain't gonna believe this, Sug." Martini says, leaning closer. "This pony that come in here, he has six hooves. Fastest thing I'd ever seen. Would prolly even give you pegasi some trouble. He ran off north of here, and there weren't none of us that could keep up.

"And I suppose I can give you some ammo," The Bar-Mare agrees, taking a bit of pity on the bandaged up Lucky Break. "T'ain't much. I've got to keep some around, you know. Protect what little I got left." The Courier will recieve a small box of rifle rounds, with only five bullets left. They look awful old, though. Who knows if they'll even fire when he needs them to.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Everfree Forest-Eledwhen's home

When they get here, something will be wrong. Specifically, someone will be rooting through the home. Certain things will be singled out: bullets, batteries, flammable liquids, but oddly the pony in question isn't going for the food or water.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Everfree Forest

Lamianos smiles as the young foal tries to intimidate him, Lamianos, of all people. He merely takes it as the child trying to keep him in check. He begins to trot forward behind her, picking up his minigun in the process and mounting it on his battle saddle. He occasionally glances at her wings, wondering why she doesn't use them but quickly remembers her stint before where she crashed into a tree. "Probably not too experienced with flight" in any event he follows her and makes sure to not seem too intimidating to the young foal.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

When they get here, something will be wrong. Specifically, someone will be rooting through the home. Certain things will be singled out: bullets, batteries, flammable liquids, but oddly the pony in question isn't going for the food or water.
    Eledhwen keeps looking back at Lamianos, suspicious.

When they get to her home, an enormous hollowed out tree, she shrieks. Nyyaaahh!!!

The little filly instinctively runs behind Lamianos. After realizing who he is, she straightens and takes a step into the home.

H-hey! That's my st-stuff!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

The pony in question is a green mare... with leaves growing out of her. The leave obscure her cutie mark, When she sees Eledwhen, she looks surprised.

"Oh, you're still alive." She sounds a little hoarse, like she's just whispering loudly. She steps toward the filly, looking at her. "Is this really your place? You're intending to live in the forest?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-08-07 at 04:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Everfree Forest

Lamianos looks at the little foal cringing behind him, confused for a moment until he actually looks at what's happening. Suddenly putting 2 and 2 together he kicks into action and readies his minigun, moving forward he nudges the foal to the side and primes his minigun, spinning the chamber of it and pointing it into the house "Drop everything or you're going to have trouble holding things without a body." he snorts and paws the ground with some of his hoof spikes, ready to disembowel and tear through the invader "This is your one and only warning."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

New Appaloosa

"Normally at this point I'd ask about their fur color and stuff, but... I think I'll be able to recognize a pony with six hooves," Lucky muses with a shake of his head. He then surveys the bullets. "Ah. Well. Better than nothing, I suppose. So is there anything up north I should know about? I'm from down Southwest. New Pegasus. Real change of scenery. Have I mentioned how cold it is here?" he grumbles. Even though it was probably comfortable for everyone else, New Appaloosa was much cooler compared to the arid deserts around New Pegasus.

24. - Top - End - #24

Everfree Forest

Yeah! The bony young foal stands her ground beside Lamianos, trying to keep from running.

Leave my things alone!

The filly's bony wings unfold in anger as she instinctively puts her head near Lamianos' side.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sug, this ain't nothing. You wait for nightfall, if'n you want cold." Martini shakes her head, wondering if she just gave away ammo to what might soon be a dead pony. "There's a few ruins north of here. And you'll want to watch out for those Talon folk. Their base ain't too far off. You've got you're usual raiders and bandits out there, too, of course."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Everfree Forest

"Calm down. I won't take anything. I thought the owner was dead." She did put stuff down after Eledwhen walked in. She still has her saddlebags, though. "Sometimes I find things like this, from ponies who tried to live in the forest and died. Sometimes, they're dead on their doorstep."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Everfree Forest

"Sure, of course you are." he looks to Eledwhen and nudges her forward "You trust her? Cause if not I always got my gun here," he slows the minigun down until it pauses to a cold dead stop "Now, might as well make myself at home." he says as he takes his helmet off and unfolds his bat wings. He sets down the helmet on the ground before finding something comfortable to rest on as he eyes the intruder.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #28

Everfree Forest

There are four or five piles of hay, each the size of a pony.

Eledwhen doesn't make a move, but stares at the the leafy mare.

Where... where are you from?

She slowly trots over to the bales of hay and lies down.

Do you- both of you- need a place to stay?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Everfree Forest

"No, I live in the forest, deep in the forest. Don't try to find me." She walks to the door. "If you want my hint to you, foal, run away from this forest and never return. Everything in this forest is either out to kill you or dying."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleloosa - The Watering Hole

Several stools to the left sat a griffon lady who looked to be ready for battle. She was sipping her room temperature Sparkle Cola, listening in on the bar maid and the stallion in here.

"Sounds like you could use some help."
    She commented casually with one of those unreadable faces.