New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [FwM] The Equine and the Restless-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XII

My Little Pony: Friendship Was Magic

In Equestria, the monsters are kept in safe places, and can be beaten off with hugs and clothing and angry stares.
    In Equestria, a benevolent goddess raises the sun and the moon, and keeps the world in harmony.
    In Equestria, the concept of danger is barely understood.

This is not that Equestria.

The town of Bridle Shores lies near a lake, and is one of the cities that survived the revolution. The heroic Moon Goddess, and her student, overthrew the Burning Hate of the Iron Hoof, saving Equestria from the searing, unending summer that raged for years. Even now, she tries to hold against the monsters, the literal armies of feral species that attack.

This is not the Equestria you know. Friendship has power, love may yet triumph. But evil is not just a word. Go out into the woods today, and be sure to take an axe, or make sure you have that fireball spell on a hair-trigger. If you want to keep your life... you'd better work for it.

Rules?
    Spoiler
    Show

Q: So, how dark are we talking?
    A: As dark as Exalted or a darkish d&d game, no more. The idea should be that things ARE fixable.

Q: What kind of RP is this?
    A: More active than the non-grimdark. The added darkness makes actual adventure-style plots more viable. We could have wars against [unspecified villains], Celestial cults, and dungeoncrawling!

Q: Anything else?
    A: Yes. Dark or no dark, keep within the board rules.

Q: Hullaballoo.
    A: Calloo callay!

Q: Is that all?
    A: No. Whatever you do, do NOT forget about spell 87. Or else. Now have fun.

Previous Main Thread Links

Thread 11

FwM OOC

FwM Plot/Recruitment Thread

Miscellaneous forbidding adventures Thread/s

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Equine and the Restless-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XII

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Well, we've got an expert here!" Blades grinned. "'N I've taken examples from other crafts. A bit of creativity can be better than any fancy spells. Of course, we'll need to set up a wheel 'n a way for ya to handle the metal without gettin' burned, but once we've got that, ya'll be able to do it just as naturally as ya work yar other tricks!"

Blades then considered something. "I wonder if bein' good with natural stuff's a zebra thing?"
    I dunno, but I've always been good with wood and fire. That's my- She pauses. Um, anyways, you have a pottery wheel?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Hay Bale smirked and adjusted her shades again. So who's next?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Right...a silly colt. We're such a pair, a silly filly and a silly colt,"
    He smiled and wrapped his fore legs around her and pulled her down to him. He smooched her muzzle in return. He figured out now that it was best to drop the subject, lest he need himself pain reliever for his head.
    "Ah am normal. Ye are the only silly pony here." The kelpie nuzzle the mortal pony and laid on his barrel. She contemplated his mortality and frowned. "The pair o' us together forev... for a long time."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Hay Bale smirked and adjusted her shades again. So who's next?
    And so the big and likely all talk armored stallion was dragged off the ground to the side to join his fallen brethren.

The remaining three guards, two unicorns, one in armor though they looked feminine and smaller, and a earth stallion. The three all went after Hay Bale, evening the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Ah am normal. Ye are the only silly pony here." The kelpie nuzzle the mortal pony and laid on his barrel. She contemplated his mortality and frowned. "The pair o' us together forev... for a long time."

"Me the only silly pony?....Right,"
    He chuckled and kissed the top of her forelock. He didn't quite catch her 'slip up' there in the last sentence but nuzzled her anyway as a comment to that.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    I dunno, but I've always been good with wood and fire. That's my- She pauses. Um, anyways, you have a pottery wheel?
    "If I know the stock, which I do, we have enough raw materials here to make one."

"..If anypony here knows how."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

She stared at him and raised a brow as she softly smile. "Well, I do my best." She sagely nodded.
    Sandy gave a neat little salute and grinned. "That's what makes you a great Cap'n, Cap'n." He set about to his work with renewed focus and vigor. Not perfect, as he was still mulling over how best to talk to Rainbow about things, but at least no more flashbombs were going off in his face.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

He chuckled and kissed the top of her forelock. He didn't quite catch her 'slip up' there in the last sentence but nuzzled her anyway as a comment to that.
    Lochbed enjoys the nuzzle. Her face reddens at the touch of Ember's muscles and soft noble coat. The swooning depoofed her mane and it drips wet in symbolism. "Ye are right. Ye are the only silly one"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "If I know the stock, which I do, we have enough raw materials here to make one."

"..If anypony here knows how."
    "It's a simple enough concept. Ya just take a wheel, put it on its side, 'n hold it up with an axel! The only problem is spinnin' it. We'll need either magic, some kind of mechanism for powerin' it with steam or such, or just plain hoofpower. The second might get complicated to set up, 'n the last doesn't spin it quite as fast. Any ideas?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's a simple enough concept. Ya just take a wheel, put it on its side, 'n hold it up with an axel! The only problem is spinnin' it. We'll need either magic, some kind of mechanism for powerin' it with steam or such, or just plain hoofpower. The second might get complicated to set up, 'n the last doesn't spin it quite as fast. Any ideas?"
    "Normally I'd have magic covered faster than you can blink, but momentum isn't my forte unless we need it blasted through a wall. Or twelve."

"I haven't gotten much chance to practice with finesse, but no time like the present. I might be able to manipulate some shadow to be half-telekinesis, half-boost. Or something. Honestly, all the schematics I'm getting are a bit confusing."

"A mentally-mastered manual motor mechanism? That could be interesting, if you can control it."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

"There's more where that came from, though. Taylor's buying, remember?" Cue evil grin at his still floor-bound father.
    He just sits there, a bit poker faced , then eats his last cheesecake and suddenly "new one please!"

"Stronger, even. Then again I'm not exactly Mr. Muscles."

"No, that would be me."

"Are you kidding? Moony can wipe the floor with you on a bad day!"

"Moonshine can also lift a fully grown dragon with one hoof. Divine might is hardly fair."

"You're just jealous because you have to expend."

"Now now, you two. Naturalism isn't necessarily a bad thing. Keeps your willpower sharp!"

"Oh so that's why I can't control my cupcake addiction!"

"Yep." He turns to Mile. "Remember: Healing magic solves everything."
    He just looks a bit confused, not really understanding what's going on , but he just smiles and rubs his head against him, being cuddly and everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    AeroAero shrugged
    "A better question is why do ponies drink it. I haven't touched the stuff since that day, so I dunno. I woke up with a major headache the next day too. It was terrible!"
    Aero is a bit anti-alcohol. He found his experience terrible, so he tries to ward people away from it.
    "It's... pretty tinglish actually, and tastes strange... I don't know I've only drank orange juice...I don't know exactly what is this"
    She responds kinda being a bit between Aero being anti-alcohol and the others that told her it exists
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy gave a neat little salute and grinned. "That's what makes you a great Cap'n, Cap'n." He set about to his work with renewed focus and vigor. Not perfect, as he was still mulling over how best to talk to Rainbow about things, but at least no more flashbombs were going off in his face.

"Aw shucks, a boost to my ego, hahah, thank Sergent,"
    She chuckled softly, thinking about, truth, she did need words like that.

Lochbed enjoys the nuzzle. Her face reddens at the touch of Ember's muscles and soft noble coat. The swooning depoofed her mane and it drips wet in symbolism. "Ye are right. Ye are the only silly one"
    (How saucy )

He scrunched his muzzle with a playful smile and closed his eyes as the water sprinkled on his nose. "Haha....will you be silly with me? More the merrier."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(How saucy )

He scrunched his muzzle with a playful smile and closed his eyes as the water sprinkled on his nose. "Haha....will you be silly with me? More the merrier."
    "Ah suppose Ah can cannot leave you in sillyland alone." Lochbed let her tongue hang out the side of her mouth and begged for a reaction. How the goofy fae in the droopy mane was adorably cute.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah suppose Ah can cannot leave you in sillyland alone." Lochbed let her tongue hang out the side of her mouth and begged for a reaction. How the goofy fae in the droopy mane was adorably cute.

"So kind of you to accompany me,"
    He grinned and smooched her muzzle, putting his forehooves behind her head and dripping mane. 'You're so cute Lochbed, lucky me, hahah,"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"Aw shucks, a boost to my ego, hahah, thank Sergent,"
    She chuckled softly, thinking about, truth, she did need words like that.
    "Take an ego boost offa me whenever y'feel down. Y'deserve it, Cap'n." he said with a little grin.

And so the two of them worked, bantering a little less as they focused on making the bombs.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"So kind of you to accompany me,"
    He grinned and smooched her muzzle, putting his forehooves behind her head and dripping mane. 'You're so cute Lochbed, lucky me, hahah,"
    "Yes, Ah am kind and cute. To keep me pleased, ye should get me a gift." She was thinking a bucket of fish. Or a shiny rock. "Hmmm.. something sparkly and nice."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

And so the big and likely all talk armored stallion was dragged off the ground to the side to join his fallen brethren.

The remaining three guards, two unicorns, one in armor though they looked feminine and smaller, and a earth stallion. The three all went after Hay Bale, evening the playing field.

Hay Bale grinned and readied herself, shifting into an Earth pony. Bring it.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, Ah am kind and cute. To keep me pleased, ye should get me a gift." She was thinking a bucket of fish. Or a shiny rock. "Hmmm.. something sparkly and nice."

"Mmm, perhaps, I'll think of something Lochbed,"
    He stroked her moist mane and seemed to be in thought. He didn't seem to mind anymore his hoof getting wet. "Hmm, I think....its about that time....that Aubade's done with dinner........hey....could you wear your beret for me?"

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Hay Bale grinned and readied herself, shifting into an Earth pony. Bring it.
    The two unicorn guards levitated over some blunt rounded training spears from somewhere and raised them over and moved into a flanking position while the earth pony sped her way, kicking up a blinding cloud of dust around him, it didn't seem to effect him as much as he hoped it would Hay Bale as he charged her way.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    He just sits there, a bit poker faced , then eats his last cheesecake and suddenly "new one please!"
    Taylor being occupied at present with making (nonflammable and illusionary) fireworks in midair to entertain Mile, Daniel waves over Luka's 'refill'.

"It's... pretty tinglish actually, and tastes strange... I don't know I've only drank orange juice...I don't know exactly what is this"
    She responds kinda being a bit between Aero being anti-alcohol and the others that told her it exists
    "It is orange juice. It just brought a friend."

"It is very easy to go overboard accidentally with the first few times. When you start feeling more than a light buzz, takes it easy and give yourself a break." Zaros, naturally, is currently on his fourth shot of whiskey, and thus might seem slightly hypocritical.

"Says Captain Superliver." Daniel, naturally, is lampshading this.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-07-23 at 02:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Normally I'd have magic covered faster than you can blink, but momentum isn't my forte unless we need it blasted through a wall. Or twelve."

"I haven't gotten much chance to practice with finesse, but no time like the present. I might be able to manipulate some shadow to be half-telekinesis, half-boost. Or something. Honestly, all the schematics I'm getting are a bit confusing."

"A mentally-mastered manual motor mechanism? That could be interesting, if you can control it."
    "If ya think ya're up to it, go for it! Better than just usin' yar powers for fireballs or whatever yar equivalent is, right? Adapt 'em 'n they're much more useful!"

Blades headed back to the stores to gather the materials, but then realized something and laughed. "So, reckon we'll save more effort than it takes with all this?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"If ya think ya're up to it, go for it! Better than just usin' yar powers for fireballs or whatever yar equivalent is, right? Adapt 'em 'n they're much more useful!"
    "I honestly don't know my limits. It's like...like I was given a storybook. Every new page brings an unexpected twist, and I'm simultaneously afraid and excited of what the next one will be. And I've barely started reading."

"Ehh, fear just holds you back. Power equals stronger, better, faster. Not wanting to tap as much of that as you can is just..strange."

"Yes, stronger better faster and more insane."

Blades headed back to the stores to gather the materials, but then realized something and laughed. "So, reckon we'll save more effort than it takes with all this?"
    "I'm not sure I know what you mean."

22. - Top - End - #22

He just looks a bit confused, not really understanding what's going on , but he just smiles and rubs his head against him, being cuddly and everything

Aero
    Aero drinks the last of his lemonade.
    "Just be careful. I don't want to see a pretty young thing like yourself to get in trouble..."
    He gets up and tries to nudge Mile.
    "Anyhoof, me and Mile should probably go check out the apartment and drop off our stuff. Right Mile?" he said, looking at his partner in crime
    Truthfully he wants to leave before Aisis realizes that he just called her pretty.
    He didn't exactly mean to say that. Must be something in the lemonade

---

Blaze
    Blaze nuzzled Hover.
    "I dunno, but I'm planning on putting it off for as long as possible."
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-07-23 at 08:49 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I'd rather let my lady love have what she wants, but ah, I myself am fond of spicy foods, so I might just say go for it, see if you're up for the challenge,"
    He playfully smirked at her.
    Icy rolled her eyes, but broke into a smile not a moment later. "Fine, challenge accepted. Waiter, bring the special please. And one large glass of iced water."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Mmm, perhaps, I'll think of something Lochbed,"
    He stroked her moist mane and seemed to be in thought. He didn't seem to mind anymore his hoof getting wet. "Hmm, I think....its about that time....that Aubade's done with dinner........hey....could you wear your beret for me?"
    "Presents. Excellent. For ye Ah will dress myself to your pleasure." The kelpie slipped out of Ember's hold. She gave him a wink before departing from the room for a costume change.

The beret was glamoured green along with Lochbed's eyelids as false mascara. Her mane was dried and fluffed into curls. She was an adorable sight when she finally descended from the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak
    Blaze
    Blaze nuzzled Hover.
    "I dunno, but I'm planning on putting it off for as long as possible."
    "That is not ours to decide. The good dark hoof of fate shall decide when we depart from one another. All we can do is create the hoof steps that our relationship will leave behind while we are together." Hover blooms. Her hoof finds its way over Mr. Hooves' cheek.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #25

Taylor being occupied at present with making (nonflammable and illusionary) fireworks in midair to entertain Mile, Daniel waves over Luka's 'refill'.
    and the pegasus goes "Yaay!" again over his other cake, while Mile looks completely amased at the fireworks, still hugging Taylor

Aero
    Aero drinks the last of his lemonade.
    "Just be careful. I don't want to see a pretty young thing like yourself to get in trouble..."
    He gets up and tries to nudge Mile.
    "Anyhoof, me and Mile should probably go check out the apartment and drop off our stuff. Right Mile?" he said, looking at his partner in crime
    Truthfully he wants to leave before Aisis realizes that he just called her pretty.
    He didn't exactly mean to say that. Must be something in the lemonade
    Too late, she's already blushing
    Mile just rubs his head on Taylor once more and then let's go to follow Aero
    "Yeah! bye sis and Taylor!" and he hops while following Aero. He liked Taylor too
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Aero
    Score one for Aero then?
    Aero remembers something!
    So he nudges Aisis.
    "And um, the apartment is at 25 Hoof Road."
    He turned and walked out of the bar place thing.
    "Bye!"
    And then Aero and Mile were walking all alone again!
    "So Mile...when's your birthday?" Aero asked, making conversation.

---

Blaze
    Blaze smiled.
    "Then we should make the best of the time that we do have then."
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-07-23 at 10:48 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

and the pegasus goes "Yaay!" again over his other cake, while Mile looks completely amased at the fireworks, still hugging Taylor

Too late, she's already blushing
    Mile just rubs his head on Taylor once more and then let's go to follow Aero
    "Yeah! bye sis and Taylor!" and he hops while following Aero. He liked Taylor too
    Taylor chuckles at Mile. "G'bye kiddo." He remains on the floor for a while, staring at the ceiling with a silly grin. "I've missed that."

"I'll take the blame for your missing. Speaking of, we have to go to that place of that place for that thing."

"You mean that place of that place for that thing of the thing?"

"No, that's next Tuesday. Just one thing. Possible five."

"Hurrah. Z, stick around a while." He gets up and puts down enough bits to pay for Luka and Aisis' endeavors and then some (either for more or for a tip). "We're going to be off doing a secretive and dangerous thing that will almost certainly lead to trouble."

"Have fun."

"It was great to meet all of you." He nods and smiles at Luka and Aisis.

---

A Few Minutes Later -

"Neat." Taylor remarks, looking up at the Cirrus.

"Yep.

...So, age before wit?"

"Well sure, but where are we gonna find the wit?"

"Oh hilarious. Just get in there."

Taylor (assuming the place is open - if it isn't, he knocks) walks inside and looks around. "Hello? Would the owner of the huge ship thing or suitable standby step forward?"

"What are you, telling them they left their lights on?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

The two unicorn guards levitated over some blunt rounded training spears from somewhere and raised them over and moved into a flanking position while the earth pony sped her way, kicking up a blinding cloud of dust around him, it didn't seem to effect him as much as he hoped it would Hay Bale as he charged her way.
    Neither the Unicorns nor the Earth pony were able to find her. She'd just... disappeared. Almost like an invisibility spell.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Blaze
    Blaze smiled.
    "Then we should make the best of the time that we do have then."
    Hover frowns. "I liked you better when your optimism was unrealistic and not... not practical. Perhaps I could raise an abnormally optimistic foal after you die horribly. Probably will fail though." Funny how her longest held friends are optimists and cheerful.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #30

Aero
    Score one for Aero then?
    Aero remembers something!
    So he nudges Aisis.
    "And um, the apartment is at 25 Hoof Road."
    He turned and walked out of the bar place thing.
    "Bye!"
    And then Aero and Mile were walking all alone again!
    "So Mile...when's your birthday?" Aero asked, making conversation.
    And score two for nudge while she was blushing, resulting in more blushing
    Both her and the other wave as Aero and Mile go away.

"like.....5 months before bro's"
    (do they even use the january-december calendary )

Taylor chuckles at Mile. "G'bye kiddo." He remains on the floor for a while, staring at the ceiling with a silly grin. "I've missed that."

"I'll take the blame for your missing. Speaking of, we have to go to that place of that place for that thing."

"You mean that place of that place for that thing of the thing?"

"No, that's next Tuesday. Just one thing. Possible five."

"Hurrah. Z, stick around a while." He gets up and puts down enough bits to pay for Luka and Aisis' endeavors and then some (either for more or for a tip). "We're going to be off doing a secretive and dangerous thing that will almost certainly lead to trouble."

"Have fun."

"It was great to meet all of you." He nods and smiles at Luka and Aisis.
    ....And they wave again
    "It looks like we're alone again..."
    the pegasus keeps devouring his new cake
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show