New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Krystal keeps up with Kin, surprised by how enthusiastic the girl was.

When they reach the store, she laughs at Kin's comment. Then she bows to her.

Thank you, ma'am. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Then she opens the door and steps inside.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as the door opened, it became immediately apparent that this was not some common shop where penniless teenagers came to browse. At first glance the interior looked more like that of an exclusive library than a place where comic books were sold. Row upon row of high quality wooden shelves lined a room which was itself panelled with tasteful, subdued wood. Here and there, comfortable chairs sat on soft carpets, providing a level of comfort which many outside the School Garden might have called completely unnecessary for a simple comic shop...And they were right, but it certainly looked nice.

Kin paused at the entrance to take a breath of the shop's subtly scented air, before following Krystal inside.

"So, does this establishment meet with Milady's exacting standards?"

3. - Top - End - #483

Krystal doesn't answer right away as her eyes go wide. She seemed in awe of the place.

Wow...this place is awesome... She starts walking into the store, taking in everything. Then she was off, like a hyper kid in a candy store.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Rather than browsing the shop herself, Kin seemed content to simply watch Krystal do so. Sometimes she'd observe from afar while lounging in a comfy chair; Other times she'd sneak up behind Krystal and perch her head on the other girl's shoulder like a parrot. One trait of Kin's that was quickly becoming apparent was her disregard for personal space. If she wanted to be close to someone, then no amount of social conventions were going to stop her from closing the distance.

5. - Top - End - #485

Krystal didn't seem to mind Kin's actions. Mostly because she was lost in what she was doing. She went all over the store, browsing through comics from pretty much every genre.

She seemed to favor the American ones, though. The super heroes.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #486
    Pixie in the Playground

If Moroe were able to view the incident involving an exploding drone somehow, she would have been able to see that her attack had been...Partially successful. The drone did indeed overload and electrocute several members of the group painfully, but one figure-A massive, foreign boy, managed to contain the worst of the attack by creating a shield of what appeared to be boiling air. When the leader of the group got off the ground, his face was pulsing with raw, undiluted fury.

"So...She was a technopath!? Today has been absolutely filled with fools who choose to oppose me..."

They did not, however, continue their journey to the hospital after that particular accident.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Souji was indeed very difficult to recognise in his new outfit, especially with the colored contacts on. Only people who were very familiar with him; people who would be able to recognise him by the tone of his voice and the shape of his jaw, really, would be able to discern his true identity. It did not change the besotted look on Inas' face, however.

"L...Lead the way, Fuschichou-sama!"
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-15 at 03:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal didn't seem to mind Kin's actions. Mostly because she was lost in what she was doing. She went all over the store, browsing through comics from pretty much every genre.

She seemed to favor the American ones, though. The super heroes.
    In contrast, Kin was only interested in Krystal's interest. With a smile that grew stronger by the minute, she watched her companion sample what seemed like the shop's entire selection. Eventually she felt compelled to comment on this, during one of her 'parrot' phases.

"You certainly have broad tastes. It might be quicker to ask you which types of comic you don't like..."

----------------------------------------

In Moroe's mind, a tinny chime sounded; It was accompanied by a pixellated sign saying: "LEVEL COMPLETE". Then her score flashed up, and it wasn't exactly satisfactory. She wasn't bothered by the fact that the gang had guessed her involvement; They'd have had to be complete morons not to make the connection. But they were also supposed to be writhing in agony right now, and instead they were just mildly singed. A minor assault like that would just make them angrier, rather than making them think twice about going after Shougo. They might have been retreating for now, but they'd definitely be back.

Moroe wasted no time in diverting a few drones from the search for Souji and sending them over to the hospital. Punishing the Electromaster was important, but protecting Shougo was vital. With that thought at the forefront of her mind, she turned around and made her way back towards the hospital. Even with the drones guarding him, she no longer felt comfortable leaving her 'partner' alone in that room. A few minutes later, she was knocking on his door and calling out in what she hoped was a carefree voice.

"Just me again. Want some company?"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Ren nods at Tobio, while drawing his wallet out of his pocket.

"We have a break until they can get the time logs ready. They're mustering a squad of Anti-Skill to top it off. We're free until then. Unless, of course, you want to go on patrol. But, that's a lost cause."

He drops a coin into the Blazblue machine.

"Going to see if I can fill up the highscores for Ragna... Damn that KN, whoever he is... Blocked off the 5th place..."
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2011-11-15 at 09:15 AM.

9. - Top - End - #489

Krystal blinked as if she just realized that Kin was with her.

Oh...heh heh...sorry. I kinda get lost in this stuff.

Yeah, I pretty much like all kinds of comics. I love all the different characters and stories they come up with.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #490
    Pixie in the Playground

There was a moment of silence, and then the door to Shougos' room was opened by an older lady in a frayed dress. As Moroes' eyes would have adjusted to the sudden darkness in the room, she would have noted that this particular lady looked absolutely haggard; in fact, judging by the stale reek of alcohol hanging off her person, one might even say she was hungover. Nevertheless, judging from the tear-marks running down her somewhat-dirty face and the glance of concern she gave Shougo as she turned to him, it would appear that she was not an uncaring mother. Although there was a faint red mark on the side of Shougos' face; which brightened once he caught sight of Moroe. There was an addition to the otherwise unaltered room; An old pictureframe containing a photo of a smiling man with wild hair and a red scarf, sitting on the table next to Shougos' head.

"Ishimaru-senpai...! What are you doing back so soon...? Oh, mother, this is Ishimaru Moroe-san...The girl I was talking about just now."

Mrs. Nimori extended her hand to Moroe, a conflicted look-Of fear with a tinge of pride-in her eyes. Unconsciously, her eyes flickered to the picture of the man on the tabletop. He really looked nothing at all like Shougo, actually; tall, extremely well-muscled and from the wild, carefree grin on his face, a rather boisterous man, by the looks of it. Come to think of it, Shougo didn't look look much like his mother, either. When she spoke, her voice was hoarse and weak, the sound of someone who had probably drunk themselves to sleep one too many times in the recent past.

"Good afternoon, Ishimaru-san...Thank you so much for getting all this for my little Shougo-kun; I hope he wasn't too troublesome."

((OOC: WHOOPS I MISSED A 'NOT' IN 'NOT UNCARING'...Sorry about that, Anyr.))
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-15 at 12:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

The darkness wasn't the only thing that required some time in which to adjust to it. For a few seconds Moroe simply stood in front of Mrs. Nimori, blinking rapidly. Though she wasn't exactly sure what she'd been expecting Shougo's mother to look like, the woman in front of her definitely wasn't the first guess which came to mind. Eventually she recovered enough to take the offered hand and give a slight bow of greeting, although she still looked slightly dazed.

"It was nothing less than he deserved. And no, he's been no trouble at all."

An unusually thoughtful look started to manifest on Kin's face. When she next spoke, it was in a voice that was clearly trying to sound innocent, and failing miserably.

"It sounds like you've got a very active fantasy life. Many psychologists would say that that indicates a desire to escape from a humdrum existence. Could it possibly be that little Miss Dutiful Student isn't quite as satisfied with her daily routine as she pretends?"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-15 at 12:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods before scratching the back of his head a small smile on his face. "Well, I highly doubt anyone want's to play me in DDR anymore and I'm not good at shooting games. I either wouldn't be a challenge or I would lower your score. So if you don't mind I'm just going to go on a little skate around. Don't worry I'll keep my headset on at all times." With that he heads to the store doors and switches his shoes out with his skates. He then starts to skate around the area, performing various expert tricks and maneuvers to entertain himself.

13. - Top - End - #493

Krystal gives Kin a slightly exasperated look, though she does so with a smile.

Okay, I'll admit...I do kinda want to do this kind of stuff.

But, not during my other obligations.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Krystal's admission caused any pretence of innocence on Kin's part to instantly vanish. Now she showed her true colours: That of a predator who'd scented blood and was going in for the kill. As a keen student of dreams and whimsy, she knew a repressed fantasy when she saw it. On behalf of dreamers everywhere, it was her duty to draw Krystal's inner child out into the open and let it run free.

"'Kinda'? Judging from that comic-induced trance of yours, this ranks way higher than a 'kinda' desire. Go on, admit it: This is your dream. I'm willing to belt that if you were given the chance to swap places with one of these characters, all the stern headmistresses in the world couldn't stop you from taking it. Am I wrong? Can you look me straight in the eye and tell me I'm wrong?"

15. - Top - End - #495

Krystal looked like she was gonna argue the point. But, her expression changes. As if she were caught with her hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.

She sighs. Okay...fine...you got me. I really would like to do this kind of stuff. I even made up a name for myself. Wave Reader. Sure, not much of a name, but...well, I still like it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

The look of triumph which now filled Kin's eyes had a frightening level of intensity. Not that it would be easy for Krystal to see, since her companion was currently hugging her from behind while making occasional 'squees' of delight.

"I knew it! I knew there had to be a kindred spirit under all that conditioning and dogma! Doesn't it feel so much better to drop that heavy mask and be yourself for a change?"

17. - Top - End - #497

Krystal rolls her eyes.

It still doesn't change the fact that I can't just stop going to school.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #498

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Souji was indeed very difficult to recognise in his new outfit, especially with the colored contacts on. Only people who were very familiar with him; people who would be able to recognise him by the tone of his voice and the shape of his jaw, really, would be able to discern his true identity. It did not change the besotted look on Inas' face, however.

"L...Lead the way, Fuschichou-sama!"
    Souji grins as he holds open the door for the two girls inside. "After you. A gentleman never exits before his companions. It would be an offense to... to everything he stood for!"

Assuming the duo exits, Souji then exits himself, closing the door, before striking a pose, and points towards the arcade. "Come! Let us fly! Run like the wind, as the Norse did in the days of old!"

Of course, people look at the boy like he was mad. He did look rather mad, with shining blue eyes, the grin of some sort of scientist, and a pair of sunglasses half way covering those eyes. "Fly, you two! To the arcade! Where we shall duel, like MEN once did!"

He begins walking to the arcade at rather fast pace, whistling along the way. It appears he was lying about his AIM field, as one out of every ten or fifteen people he passes groans as their phone shorts out.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu, at least, will head out, grinning at him as she goes byy.

"Must make for a lot of standing around in doorways when you have a whole group of them, then."

She'll follow when he heads off, if Ina does.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal rolls her eyes.

It still doesn't change the fact that I can't just stop going to school.
    Even this flat declaration of conformity was unable to bring down Kin's mood. She simply hugged Krystal even tighter and spoke to her in a pacifying voice.

"Okay okay, that's fine for now. Keep all your feelings bottled up inside while school's in session, if you really think that's the right thing to do. But that doesn't mean you have to keep doing that after the final bell rings, does it?"

Without warning she broke the hug and turned Krystal around so that they were facing each other. The smile on her face was bright beyond belief, and her eyes burned with enthusiasm.

"You, my new friend, clearly have some wonderful dreams locked inside that head of yours; But those dreams are going to wither and die if you don't find ways to feed them. So how about we make a rule: When we're together like this, all the masks get thrown away. We'll speak our minds, be ourselves and let our inner children roam free. That way I get to see more of that fantastic person I glimpsed a minute ago, and you get to conform to society's wishes without slowly going mad. What do you say?"

21. - Top - End - #501

Krystal wasn't used to this much attention from a fellow student. She usually kept to herself, and to her studies. Even moving to Japan didn't change much for her. Just the language she used.

She may not admit it, but it was easy to tell that she was enjoying all of this.

She smiled back to Kin and nodded. Okay, yeah. I'll do that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

The only reason that Kin's smile didn't grow any brighter was that such a thing would have been almost impossible. She had the look of someone who'd just won a great victory, but not one which came at the expense of her new friend; Instead, it was more like she was rallying them both to stand against the forces of conformity.

"Then it's settled: No more pretending. If you've got something you want to say, say it. If there's something you really want to do, no matter how weird or difficult, tell me and we'll try to make it happen. And above all, don't ever act like someone else just to please me; From now on, I only want to see pure, undiluted, 100% you."

23. - Top - End - #503

Krystal smiles and nods.

And the a thought occurs to her.

Kin...are you any good at sewing?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

"Naturally; It's one of those essential skills that prim and proper young ladies like myself are expected to know. In fact, after all those years of practice under mother's watchful eye, I can probably sew in my sleep."

Though still cheerful, this reply had a slight undercurrent of tension to it that hadn't been there before. It didn't exactly take a genius to guess that Kin harboured more than a little resentment towards her strict upbringing.

25. - Top - End - #505

Krystal gets a slightly sly grin.

Well...what if you were to put those skills to a use your parents probably never thought of.

I mean...every super hero needs a costume.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #506
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo shifted in his bed and looked uneasily at the clock. He was probably anticipating something bad happening in the near future, judging by the worried, yet resigned expression on his face. Mrs. Nimori looked away in embarrassment after a moment, mumbling something and then standing on the other end of the room.

"So, what brings you back here, Ishimaru-senpai...?"

__________________________________________________ _________________

It would not be too hard for Souji to find a certain School Garden arcade. It had a distinct sign in front of it, and the glass windows clearly showed a high-class arcade inside, still quite empty as classes were about an hour or so away from ending. Fortunately, nobody seemed to recognise or indeed even notice the trio of individuals, although the occasional billboard still posted a warning of Astraphobia along with an old mug-shot photo of him from perhaps a year back. With blue eyes and a completely different set of clothes, however, Souji looked like a completely different person.

The clack of rollerskates rising and re-making contact with the ground would have caught the attentions of the group-A shy-looking boy with light blue hair was performing some impressive feats of agility with them. While that in its' own would be mildly remarkable, that is not what caused Ina to freeze momentarily in fear. The fact that there was a Judgement armband on his shoulder, however, did.

"Errr, Fuschichou-sama..."

Looking inside the glass windows of a certain arcade, both Souji and Ryuu would be able to spot not one, not two, but three apparent Judgement members, all supposedly on duty. Two of them, a tiny girl with beads in her hair, and a fairly tall, nondescript boy were arguing fiercely with each other. Serendipitously, however, none of them seemed to have recognised or even noticed them yet.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's actually quite a funny story. You know that gang you were telling me about? The ones who are responsible for basically ruining your life? Well, I just happened to run into them while I was out walking. It turns out that they know what happened at the school, and that you're staying here. Oh, and they also know my name, face and the fact that I'm helping you. Anyway, they were actually on their way here to do unspeakable things to you (and possibly me later on), but it's all right; I warned them off by electrocuting them all with a remote controlled military drone. It was just a temporary measure, but at least it gives us some breathing room before their inevitable bid for revenge."

"...No real reason. I just felt a bit guilty about leaving you here all alone."

This time Kin's 'squee' was loud enough to draw answering 'shush'es from every corner of the shop. In a bizarre overreaction, she immediately dropped her voice to a whisper and leaned in very close so that only Krystal could hear it.

"I would be honoured. Come on, let's go and make it happen."

So saying, she ran straight (or as straight as her strange skip+dance+run could be) out of the shop, and towards a boutique that sat opposite: The first step for the new quest with which she'd been entrusted.

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    It would not be too hard for Souji to find a certain School Garden arcade. It had a distinct sign in front of it, and the glass windows clearly showed a high-class arcade inside, still quite empty as classes were about an hour or so away from ending. Fortunately, nobody seemed to recognise or indeed even notice the trio of individuals, although the occasional billboard still posted a warning of Astraphobia along with an old mug-shot photo of him from perhaps a year back. With blue eyes and a completely different set of clothes, however, Souji looked like a completely different person.

The clack of rollerskates rising and re-making contact with the ground would have caught the attentions of the group-A shy-looking boy with light blue hair was performing some impressive feats of agility with them. While that in its' own would be mildly remarkable, that is not what caused Ina to freeze momentarily in fear. The fact that there was a Judgement armband on his shoulder, however, did.

"Errr, Fuschichou-sama..."

Looking inside the glass windows of a certain arcade, both Souji and Ryuu would be able to spot not one, not two, but three apparent Judgement members, all supposedly on duty. Two of them, a tiny girl with beads in her hair, and a fairly tall, nondescript boy were arguing fiercely with each other. Serendipitously, however, none of them seemed to have recognised or even noticed them yet.
    Souji waved a hand, pulling out an identification card. "Relax Ina-san." If she looks at his card, it says "Nakamura Rei". It actually looks... like a real identification card, and it's perfect because both of "Rei's" eyes are closed in his picture, it instead being a wide, closed eye smile, with "Rei" flashing a peace sign.

"Now remember Ina-san, I'm not Fuschichou-sama! I'm Rei-san, chan, kun, or something of the sort! 'sama' is waaaay too formal for some friends out at the arcade! Besides, those two lovebirds are far too busy arguing to see what we're up to!"

Souji, being... out of the loop in 'normal' social procedures, says it all in a normal speaking tone. One that the duo inside might be able to hear.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

((OOC:What about the person outside with them?))

30. - Top - End - #510

Krystal follows Kin as best she can.

She knew that she'd probably regret all of this later. But, for now, she didn't care. She was too wrapped up in the moment.

You know you can't tell anybody about this, right?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS