New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Kin nodded, eyes still shining. All of her earlier caution was forgotten as she settled down to hear another tale of intrigue and adventure.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal nodded as well. Despite her feelings towards her responsibilities, she always loved good stories.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver takes in a deep breath and says,

(Spoilered for length)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well here goes. This happened just a little while ago. I was avoiding my school for the day due to some troubles I'd been having, but thats not the story here. The story is what happened during the day."

I was wandering around and found myself outside of Onizuka middle school, I've always been a little mischiveous so I decided to try and pull a little prank there. The funny thing is though someone beat me to it. I was just outside of the school when the PA system came on and someone started ranting. He was angry about how someone bought the Ramen he decided he just had to have."

This caused all sorts of chaos around the school, Students and Faculty rushed to the Faculty lounge to see what was going on, and so did I. There was no way I was going to just walk by something this interesting. The young man who had barricaded himself in the PA room was evidently not even from the schoo. He went on a huge rant about who is was and why he had to have the ramen that someone had already bought."

"At this point an anti-skill officer had shown up, and seeing as I wasn't part of judgement at the time and I wasn't supposed to be there I decided to make myself scarce. When I did that though the anti skill officer started chasing me. There was a little chase going on before I was able to lose him by hideing in a storage closet."

"The thing is though, the storage closet was already occupied. That was certainly awkward, especially considering it was a girl in there too. That wasn't even the half of it though, turns out when I came it the door locked behind us."

"So several minutes of awkward conversation and threats if I tried anything I'd regret it one good samaritan happened by and let us out. You can only imagine what the kid thought when he saw the two of us come out of the storage closet together."

"Then there was a message from our crazy friend who said that five people were gooing to be able to go inside and 'party with him'. This is when things start going downhill. He asked for a certain momo-chan to be brought to him, and the aparently brainwashed student body went after her."

"From there I went back to the faculty lounge to find that not only had the door aparently been ripped off it's hinges but two people were inside talking, one was the crazy person who had barricaded himself in the room, the other was someone who went to the school."

"It was about then when I heard a something hgoing on, it sounded like fighting. SO I left the faculty lounge to go check it out when *BAM* I get hit in the face with a can of exploded pepper spray. That hurt like hell, and when I oppened my eyes I saw the anti-skill oficer standing there. He had shot a thrown can of pepper spray in midair to blind me."

"There was a bit of confusion as we had a short little fight, but we decided that a fight going on on the roof was probobly higher priority so we teamed up to try and see if we couldn't calm things down."

"When we got outside I was greeted by a kid landing on top of me, he had aparently fallen off the roof. He was the one in the same who had let me and the girl out of the supply closet, the same girl that Mr.Crazy was looking for."

"So we arrive on the rooftop to find the girl being attacked ont he rooftop so I charge in and start throwing some punches. That didn't last too long though because the anti-skill officer had finnaly lost his temper and fired warning shots into the ground. that certainly calmed them down."

"Fromt here things calmed down pretty quickly, Mr.Crazy was gone having aparently blown a hole in a wall in doing so. The student body had calmed down, there were some injuries but everyone was still breathing."

"So there you have it, alls well that ends well I suppose"

Carver sits there as he waits from a response from the two girls.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

4. - Top - End - #574

After hearing the story, Krystal lets out a low whistle.

Wow. That sounds like an eventful day.

Did the guy give his name at all?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #575
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio sees an unusual trio enter the arcade and shrugs. He had thought that one of the girls had said Fuschichou-sama but shrugged it off as his imagination. He continues skating on his way performing various twist, flips, and spins as he stays in the general area near the arcade. After about 15 minutes of skating he comes to a stop outside of a small cafe. He looks inside and spots a familiar face, what was surprising about that was that they had a Judgement armband. Skating up to his table he says, "Carver-san? Is that you. Did you go and join Judgement as soon as I told you how?" He has a small smile on his face, it was always good to see a familiar face. Little did he know that if he would turn his head a little to the left he would see two more familiar faces.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

Responding to Krystal he says,

"Hmm, if I remember correctly I think it was Fuschichou Souji."

Looking up when he hears someone call out his name he look sup and sees tobio

"Oh hey Tobio, nice to see you again, truth is I had been planning to join up before that. It's the main reason I asked you how."

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin remained silent, content to simply bask in the radiance of Carver's story. Even the arrival of the scary boy from earlier didn't end her trance. Could it be possible? After all her years of searching, could she possibly have found the ultimate adventure magnet? Well, either that or the most outrageous liar in the city. If she stayed close to him, perhaps she'd find out.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio performed a small twirl not to show off, but because he truly loved skating, not only did it boost his confidence but it also made him feel free. He gives a smile as he says,"Welcome to the team Carver-san. It's always good to know that there are people who believe in helping those who need it. Are you on the Fuschichou Souji case? Me and my squad are currently on break until the techies finish analyzing the camera system.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver shakes his head and says,

"No I'm not on that case, I guess they want a new recruit like me to learn the ropes first. In truth though I really don't have much to do."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods as he says, "Yeah I guess that someone who just joined wouldn't be sent on the Astraphobia case. Now that I think about it I kinda volunteered myself rather than being assigned to it." He lets out a small nervous chuckle at that last part, wondering how much trouble he might be in for that. "Oh yeah, Carver-san I didn't get to ask you last time, but what's your esper power? I usually keep record of the powers that I encounter and that I work with. It could really help if we ever have to team up together."

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver frowsns for a moment, he wasn't used to just giving out his ability like this but can understand the rational behind it,

"I'm a level four esper and my ability allows me to alter a subject's perception via a visual pathway. In short it's a form of hypnotism limited to perception andneeds eye contact to be achieved, that being said what's yours?"

12. - Top - End - #582

When Carver mentioned Souji's name, Krystal's pupils widened a little. Which, given her silver eyes, that stood out. Luckily for her, Carved seemed to be too distracted by Tobio to notice.

She regains her composure and listens to their conversation now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods his head in an understanding and thinking manner. After Carver finishes without even needing to be prompted he begins, "My power is cryokineses. Unlike the kind you see in cartoons I cannot spontaneously create ice. Rather it is an offshoot of thermokineses. I can detract temperature from an area or object. Sense energy cannot be created or destroyed I have to redirect the thermal energy that I subtract somewhere else. I can direct it to my own body allowing me to heat up to high temperature, above boiling/melting point to be exact. I can also redirect it to my opponents bodies if I need to, and unlike me they don't have resistance to heat via powers. I'm a level three so I have an aura of cold, basically when I am not actively restraining my powers because they are always on, that is 20 feet in radius and has a temperature of 0 degrees Celsius and can conciously freezed objects to about -35 degrees Celsius. The amount of heat my body can store is 110 degrees Celsius." He finishes as he rubs the back of his head.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's eyes glazed over during Tobio's longwinded explanation. She'd already experienced his power first-hand, and had no interest in hearing a barrage of statistics on exactly how cold he could make things. When the spiel was over, she just acted as if it hadn't happened and leaned even closer to Carver, as if she was trying to shut Tobio out altogether.

"Perception control...So you can make people see whatever you want them to see? That's amazing! Would you mind giving me a demonstration?"

15. - Top - End - #585
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seeing and hearing Kin Tobio takes another look at his surroundings and blushes heavily at seeing them here and mentally berating himself for not noticing them. He starts speaking not in his usually stutter but in a soft melodious voice that he unconciously uses whenever he is nervous."Ohayo, Krystal-san, Kin-san. I'm sorry, I didn't notice you there and that was terribly rude of me." He gives a nod to the tow of them and sees how Kin seems to ignore his presence and says with a slightly sad voice, "I said I was sorry for before Kin-san. I really didn't mean to lose control of my powers."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver smirks and says,

"Of course I could, do you have any preference as to what exactly?"

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

"Surprise me."

Still giving Tobio the cold shoulder, Kin stared directly into Carver's eyes and waited to have her mind twisted.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio sighs and droops his head and shoulders he skates over to the table as he skates beside Krystal as she at least doesn't seem to mind him and takes out one of his ice cream sandwiches unwrapping and biting into it as he tries to figure out a way to make amends to Kin.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-20 at 06:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright then let's get started then shall we."

Carver stares back into her eyes and uses his ability, and the first thing he does is make himself, and everyone else in the cafe disapear. Then he makes it look as though all of the now empty chairs start floating in the air

She hten hears Carver's disembodied voice saying.

"Surprised yet?"

20. - Top - End - #590

Krystal way he's with interest as well. When Tobio comes near him, she gives him a quick smile. Yeah, seems that she didn't mind him at all.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Even though Kin had known something was about to happen, she still gave a squeak when Carver simply blinked out of existence. She stared at the empty space that she knew he must logically still be occupying, but found to her shock that she couldn't make out even the slightest trace of him. Then she looked over at Krystal to see if her friend was seeing (or rather not seeing) the same thing she was; Only to discover that she too had vanished, along with everyone else. Incredible as it seemed, Kin was now apparently the only customer in the entire cafe. When the chairs started to float, she actually started to feel a little scared; But unlike the encounter with Tobio, it was a good kind of scared.

Luckily she had one anchor to the real world, which she discovered when she tried to stand up. Her left arm felt like it was dragging her back into her seat, and she soon realised why: It was still attached to Krystal. Though she could no longer see or even feel her friend, their hands were joined together. Kin experimentally squeezed her fingers a little, and was rewarded with a feeling of resistance. That reassurance of reality made her feel a lot more secure about being in this illusion. A smile spread across her face, and she found herself able to simply enjoy this wondrous spectacle in the spirit in which it was (hopefully) intended. When Carver's voice asked its question, she was able to answer it with amusement rather than apprehension.

"Oh yes, not to mention impressed. This is really an amazing power you've got here..."

22. - Top - End - #592
    Dwarf in the Playground

When she finishes speaking she sees the world slowly fade back into it's original state. One of the first things she sees is Carver's grin

"Tank you, it is isn't it. The best part is that when people don't know when it's being used they can't even tell. Oh and don't even get me started on how much fun it is at parties."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin quickly surveyed the whole area in order to reassure herself that reality had indeed returned. She still couldn't quite believe how real the hallucination had seemed, especially since she'd known from the start that it was fake. Nevertheless, her sense of wonder at this ability now far outweighed her unease.

"I can imagine. Even now that I'm back in cold, hard reality, there's still nothing to distinguish it from the illusion; Assuming, that is, that this is reality. Because honestly, how am I supposed to tell?"

24. - Top - End - #594

As Ryuu rounds the corner, she'll see Souji holding a gun. It's clearly fake, but his wicked glare at the person he's playing with is ever so real.

"Hey sorry man, I'm not good at shooting games!"

The withering glare broke the poor kid, and he ran away from the boy he would one day call 'the best man I'd ever met. I never went back to that arcade, and I got my life together.'

Souji just hated the guy for not being able to play House of Dead properly.

"Oy! Ryuu-sama! You any good at shooting games?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu laughs.

"And you told me not to be rude to people... But yeah, I'm not too bad at them. I assume that your question has something to do with the fact that you just scared your last teammate out of the School Garden?"

26. - Top - End - #596

The boy blushes and looks away. "Sh-shut up Ryuu-sama! Just because he didn't understand the majestic art of the shooter... the way the gun curves... Doesn't mean I scared him off! He left out of the kindness of his own heart."

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

She grins, and goes to pick up the free gun that's presumably there.

"If you say so. It's not like I care too much either way. Shall we get on with the game?"

28. - Top - End - #598
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio smiles back at her as he says, "Hello Krystal-san, I hope your day has been well so far." When he sees Kin's reaction to Carver's power he says, "Well it must truly have been a wonderous sight to behold if it makes Kin-san smile so much."

29. - Top - End - #599

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    She grins, and goes to pick up the free gun that's presumably there.

"If you say so. It's not like I care too much either way. Shall we get on with the game?"
    "S-s-stop making fun of me Ryuu-sama! S'not cool."

He's blushing furiously, just because of how 'whatever you saaaay' Ryuu was acting.

"L-l-let's just play."

Suddenly he was dead serious. The boy before was gone. He was now.... a man, ready to fight this game and win. Several times.

"Come on Ryuu-sama! If we don't win I'm going to be rather upset."

Bang Bang. Shooting up the zombies.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu is fairly good, though she has a tendency to take risks at times. That said, Souji is probably quite a bit better than she is. But she should be able to survive, and can probably manage to pull him out of any tight spots he gets into, though the more of those there are, the more likely that she'll die, as she'll ignore threats to herself in favor of helping him.