New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

If Souji had indeed joined the Pure Streets, he would have joined them in their twilight years. Their 'glory days' were far in the past-Six years or so. Whilst they were still a good bunch, more or less, the departure of their famous and charismatic leader, 'The Phoenix', along with reforms in Judgement and Anti-Skill that more-or-less resolved the very issues that caused the Pure Streets to arise in the first place heralded their eventual decline in status. It was quite likely that Souji had never even met the 'The Phoenix', an infamously 'invincible' brawler capable of taking surrealistic beatings and soundly thrashing even Espers.

Daisuke had not 'joined' the ranks of the Pure Streets. He had created a new group which bore the same name; nobody Souji would have known in the old Pure Streets were in the new Pure Streets.

__________________________________________________ _______________

"Oh no, oh no, I've said something wrong, I've said something wrong something wrong something wrong..."

Ina caught the barely-suppressed glare from Souji and trembled in her boots. She really couldn't take it; her world was quite literally crashing down in front of her and there was nothing she could do about it. When this was all said and done, her life would be over. And it was all her fault; stupid, stupid Ina, she berated herself, had to go around chasing danger...Should have just stayed home and done nothing... She didn't even notice her destroyed phone, instead choosing to comply with Tobios' request and get on the ground, in the form of fainting.

Meanwhile, Mei said nothing, taking deep breaths to calm herself and preparing himself for their proposed plan of attack. Hopefully this man, who was clearly Astraphobia, would not kill her right off the bat the second fighting actually began.

On the way home, Moroe would have encountered a curious sight. If she had been one to frequent places near the hospital grounds, she might have recognised the individual currently standing on the railing of a tall, currently unwatched bridge overlooking a long and clearly fatal drop. A boy, perhaps a year or so older than her, who had, for the past two weeks, been frequenting this spot. For the most part, he kept to himself, sitting harmlessly on a park bench, staring at nothing and occasionally murmuring to himself. Unable to be evicted for breaking any laws in particular, he was also left alone by the park regulars as he looked the part of a Skill-Out, through-and-through. Whilst only the ragged black leather jacket that he wore seemed to indicate his ruffianish background, the width of his neck and frame, the crooked nose and the thick callouses on his knuckles spoke of one who was very used to physical confrontation.

He appeared to be murmuring to himself about 'being a murderer', too absorbed in watching the drop beneath his feet to notice Moroe approaching.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-12-06 at 11:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Concern instantly floods Tobio's eyes as Ina faints. He looks Mei and Ren in the eyes, silently telling them to watch 'Nakamura Rei'. He then goes over to Ina and picks her up off the ground. As he does so his nose crinkles as the smell is stronger now. Seeing the smoke coming from her pocket he reaches in to her pockets to try to remove the offending object.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe slowed, then came to a reluctant stop beside the railing. A disturbingly clear voice in her head told her to just keep walking; That if this boy wanted to commit suicide, then that was his prerogative. As usual Moroe ignored it, while trying not to think about the way that it was becoming harder and harder to do so.

"I'm not that far gone. Not yet."

She spent about ten seconds just looking at the boy and trying to gauge the right way to approach him. Then, being very careful not to startle him, she spoke slowly and softly.

"Who did you kill?"

4. - Top - End - #724
    Pixie in the Playground

The boy turned to her, his eyes frantic and wild and immediately blurted out the name which had dominated his every thought, waking or no, for the past two weeks.

"N...Nimori Harada!"

He then proceeded to cover his mouth and gasp, then look around fearfully for bystanders. There were none. Seeing this, he stepped off the railing and placed both his palms on his temple.

"I ....Did not mean to. No, I did at the time; we were being paid-we had reasons-Ashikaga-Argh...."

He released a deep sigh, a shiver convulsing through his body as he did so. So, he had some connection with Daisuke, did he? Interesting. If Moroe was up-to-date with the news regarding the murder of Shougos' father, she would be aware that a Skill-Out gang was indeed reported to be behind it, and that they were all apprehended at its' outcome, but here he was-Someone who was involved in it all.

"He didn't deserve to die...And I...I wish I hadn't become a murderer."

He looked truly sincere about this. Ruffian, thug, hooligan-He may have been all these and perhaps a little more, but like most men, it was clear that he did not truly desire to be a killer.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-12-06 at 12:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

The voice returned, and this time it took serious effort to silence. For one brief instant, Moroe felt the urge to give this boy a helping hand in his quest to meet the Reaper. Though she restrained herself, it wasn't out of compassion, but rather because it would be a waste of a valuable lead. She managed to keep this inner anger from reaching her face and voice; Both remained eerily neutral, showing neither sympathy nor reproach, as she addressed the boy again.

"Tell me. Tell me everything."

6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    If Souji had indeed joined the Pure Streets, he would have joined them in their twilight years. Their 'glory days' were far in the past-Six years or so. Whilst they were still a good bunch, more or less, the departure of their famous and charismatic leader, 'The Phoenix', along with reforms in Judgement and Anti-Skill that more-or-less resolved the very issues that caused the Pure Streets to arise in the first place heralded their eventual decline in status. It was quite likely that Souji had never even met the 'The Phoenix', an infamously 'invincible' brawler capable of taking surrealistic beatings and soundly thrashing even Espers.

Daisuke had not 'joined' the ranks of the Pure Streets. He had created a new group which bore the same name; nobody Souji would have known in the old Pure Streets were in the new Pure Streets.

"Oh no, oh no, I've said something wrong, I've said something wrong something wrong something wrong..."

Ina caught the barely-suppressed glare from Souji and trembled in her boots. She really couldn't take it; her world was quite literally crashing down in front of her and there was nothing she could do about it. When this was all said and done, her life would be over. And it was all her fault; stupid, stupid Ina, she berated herself, had to go around chasing danger...Should have just stayed home and done nothing... She didn't even notice her destroyed phone, instead choosing to comply with Tobios' request and get on the ground, in the form of fainting.
    While unlikely, it was also untrue. Rei Nakamura had met the Phoenix before - once, the first time he'd been let outside of the lab. He was six at the time. He'd been staring at a large building with wide eyes, walking towards it, when he stumbled into the much older boy. Rei had stammered out an apology, but the man had just grinned and ruffled his hair.

"It's no trouble kid! Here, I've got somethin' for ya..." He'd begun muttering, rifling through his pockets as Rei watched with worried eyes. He'd never gotten a gift before. Apart from books from one of his tutors, and she'd promised that those wouldn't be taken away, so long as he never told anyone what they were.

"Ah ha! Found it! Here kid, you look like you could use it more than me." The fourteen year old Phoenix winked at Rei, and handed him a bar of chocolate, then left as Rei stammered out a thank you.

"S'no trouble! Just don't eat it all at once!"

That was the first time Fuschichou Souji, Rei Nakamura, or Astraphobia met the Phoenix. The second time was when Astraphobia was eleven, and he had been using his abilities to pay for food.

His jaw still hurt from where the Phoenix had punched him, staring at him coldly.

"Using your abilities for something like that... Brat, abilities are something to be cherished! Used for to better yourself, and help others! Not to just feed your self!" The Phoenix had pointed at the much smaller silverette, all the authority of the heavens in his eyes.

"Today you were just some brat, stealing food to survive. Tomorrow, you'll survive because you want to, and you'll do it with honor, kid."

Then the Phoenix had winked, and ruffled Astraphobia's hair, making the boy scowl and hit the man's hand.

And then he had left. And that was the last time any of Souji's persona had seen the Phoenix to the day.

Souji groaned as Ina fainted, catching her before she fell to the ground.

"I apologize, Judgement-dono, but it appears Ina-chan is feeling a tad under the weather. I don't suppose I might be allowed to drop her off at her house before we proceed to my interrogation?"

He seemed rather happy about aforementioned 'interrogation', all things considering. He did have a look of worry in his eyes, which constantly darted back to the unconscious girl in his arms.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Pixie in the Playground

The boy looked very conflicted about revealing his dark secret to Moroe, but seeing as he had already pretty much done just that, and partially out of a morbid desire to see justice meted out to himself, he decided to continue. With a hollow look on his face, he told his story as was related to Nimori Harada as best as he could.

"A month ago. Ashikaga, or the leader of the Pure Streets or whatever, was gonna pay us Brickfists money to off Nimori Harada. Ya see, we had a beef with the guy, often beat up us up while we were havin' a good time, maybe rough-housing a few-"

He stopped once he realised that not only was this getting off-topic, it was also not helping his image.

"Yeah well, we had our differences with this guy, and Ashikaga just walks up an' offers to pay us somethin' like 40 million yen to off this guy in an ambush. 'slot of money for nobodies like us, yannow, and we're sorta stupid, so we take the offer..."

The thug cringed at the clearly unpleasant memory.

"Turns out it takes a lot more than a few whacks with a baseball bat ta kill a man, 'specially when he was tryin' not to die. In any case, from what I heard, that rat bastard Ashikaga turned in me mates when they came ta collect payment...I didn't go. I didn't really want to be a murderer, ya know...they're all in jail now."

He took a deep breath in and regained a good deal of his composure.

"I dunno why I told ya that. That look in yer eye, yer gonna turn me in now, ain'tcha? Well, go ahead...I'm sure tha guy who handled their case, Kamakura Kouta or somethin', wouldn't mind th' last piece of this puzzle turned into him. Even though it was that Ashikaga fellow what started it all. Can't do nothin' 'cuz of his old man...Nobody'd believe us anyway. Probably not even you."

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe's blank expression remained completely unchanged at first. She simply regarded the boy in silence, taking in every aspect of his bearing and features. But the more she did so, the more that her face took on an almost conspiratorial air, as if she herself was considering telling him a dark secret in return. Eventually she could apparently contain herself no longer and, after scanning the area to make sure they were indeed alone, leaned in closer and whispered:

"I believe you."

Then she snapped his neck and pushed him off the bridge. By the time his body hit the water she was already walking away, eyes once again glued to her gaming device.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-12-07 at 08:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Pixie in the Playground

The boy was heavy, but Moroes' element of surprise allowed her to do just as she intended to without a hitch, and the only sound he made was when he struck the water; a sound which was heard by nobody but Moroe. His body was quickly carried away by the current, and had just vanished into a drain when Moroe would have caught sight of a of university-age girls in the distance. They had the appearance of highly educated, affluent individuals; finely dressed and even carrying books in their arms, at a distance they would have appeared to be discussing some complex and erudite matter. However, upon reaching actual hearing distance, their conversations were fairly atypical of girls their age, and fairly mundane.

"Gosh, I heard Yuriko-senseis' son went missing the other night..."

"Yeah, me too-Apparently he disappeared in a Skill-Out district or something...That was really stupid of him, those places really are trouble, no two ways about that."

"What!? That's terrible...I hope they find him. But surely you don't mean Mogami Jounouchi-kun? Wasn't he a level three Esper? I don't think a bunch of powerless nobody Skill-Outs could have taken him down without being caught... "

"Yeah, that's what I thought, but his ruffian friends said that some giant mutant wild animals attacked them or something...Crazy, I know, but what can you expect of Skill-Outs?"

"Mmmhmm. Well, in less frightening news, Kana-chan, have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Ashikaga Kensuke-sama is back in town!"

There was a high-pitched squeal of joy amongst all three of them that was somewhat painful to the ear.

"Wow, really!?"

The girl who was presumably Kana sighed dreamily, pressing both palms to her cheeks. Whoever this 'Kensuke' was was clearly very popular, at least amongst members of the opposite sex, and Kana obviously had aspirations regarding him, to the vexation of her peer.

"Kana-chan, I'm going to be honest with you-Kensuke is a world-class lawyer and the son of Ashikaga Yoshiharu-sama. He's probably not only too busy for the likes of us, but has much higher expectations in women...Besides which, even in the remote chance that you do get together, he'll never be around for you, and is that what you want?"

Kana let out a great sigh of defeat.

"I suppose you're right. Still, a girl can dream, can't she?"

"...Meh."

And then their conversation wandered off to a completely irrelevant set of theaters, amongst them a discussion of which was worse-A boyfriend who was obsessed about cars or a boyfriend who was obsessed with videogames. By now, they had solidly passed Moroe and very soon their discussions would be inaudible to the human ear.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe glanced up as the chatter reached her ears. Oh, it was just some of them. Moroe had of course never seen these particular girls before, but that didn't matter; Once you'd met one of them you'd met them all. She wouldn't have been at all surprised to find that they were grown in vats. Their conversation was of no interest whatsoever to Moroe; Until, that is, they mentioned the animals.

"Damn it, Kojima; Is everybody who steps into your reach fair game? Even if you don't care who lives or dies, don't you at least care about staying under the radar?"

For anyone with half a brain in their heads, the topic of a classmate being attacked and possibly killed by mutated beasts would likely be something to dwell on; But no, they quickly passed over such trivialities in favour of the subject which occupied 9/10ths of their thoughts: Boys. Moroe's annoyance grew even more when she heard the name of the heartthrob under discussion: Ashikaga Kensuke. Was there a single member of this family who wasn't the talk of the city?

She'd never been able to understand why most people placed so much emphasis on the superficial. These girls were talking about Kensuke as if he was their ideal mate, but Moroe would have been willing to bet that they barely knew anything about him as a person. And on the flip side, Moroe herself had to deal with vapid males like Souji and Carver who were attracted to her purely because a quirk of genetics had made her pleasing to the eye. Thank goodness Shougo at least didn't see her that way, because being asked out by him would have been extremely awkward.

Eventually they passed out of earshot, and peace was restored. Moroe immediately erased them from her mind, leaving only 'Ashikaga Kensuke' untouched. So far this operation was off to a good start: Before even reaching her home she'd come across two potential leads and executed one of her partner's enemies. Not bad, not bad at all...

11. - Top - End - #731
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Ren turns around to look at Souji and sighs.

"No interrogation. Innocent until proven guilty. We're actually heading to the nearest Judgement post so we can take statements. It's not that far away. She can rest there, then I'll get somebody to take her home. Failing that, I'll teleport her home myself."

"Top of all that, Judgement isn't supposed to even be doing this. We don't deal with esper crime. This order came from Higher."

Ren turns around, and continues walking.

12. - Top - End - #732

Souji paled. Oh god. Oh god. He'd been found out by... them. And they wanted him, and they wanted him now.

He smiled sadly, and gently set the girl in his arms down.

"Tell me... Judgement-dono... Have you ever walked the streets of this city? Just felt the city. Taken in the sights, the sounds, the people? That feeling you feel then... That's freedom."

He grinned, that manic grin that belong solely to one man.

A different grin. A new look in his eyes. A new character stood before them, not Rei Nakamura, but Fuschichou Souji.

"I am Astraphobia. I am Fuschichou Souji, and I'm not being taken in by a bunch of amateur brats."

A flick. A casing. A bullet in his fingers. A point directly to the left. A grinning boy, pointing at his feet.

An explosion, a cataclysmic explosion, one tears right through the streets, going down, down, into the sewers. Around the School Garden, shrieks are heard as the water charges upwards, blasting out.

In front of the Judgement members, however, there is nothing, only an unconscious girl, and a tear straight down to the sewers.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-12-10 at 03:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: I tip my hat to you Terry. You have exquisite taste in mood music, and you know how to make an epic scene.)

14. - Top - End - #734

A red haired man, about nineteen, looks over the city, the city that he will destroy. He wears a gray jacket, and shivers in the cold slightly, his green eyes locked onto a book, as his jacket flutters in the wind.

"'Seven moments in time, each one longer than the last,
    The first is the hope of destiny,
    The second, the wonder of dreams,
    The third, the soul of death,
    The fourth, the desolation of destruction,
    The fifth, the heat of desire,
    The sixth, the disparity of delirium,
    And the last, the acknowledgement of despair.'
    "

A girlish laugh emits from a voice behind him. "You're still harping on that book Nine?"

He snaps the book shut, and turns, his red hair falling slightly in front of his eye as he does so, and as he observes the profile of the girl behind him. Blonde, with a pretty face, and blue eyes filled with mirth, he snorts.

"Seven, you just don't grasp the majesty of it. Lost is the embodiment of all the aspects of life, each in a single moment of time."

The girl grins. "But I do understand Nine! You've beaten each and every one into my head." She stretches, her black jacket unzipped backwards up to her midriff, and the upper half showing a hint of cleavage. The color is folded, creating an excellent view of the choker she wears, also black. Her right arm is covered by a single sleeve, and she wears a black glove on that hand. Her left is free. The pair of black shorts accent her long legs, as well as her knee high black boots. She appears to be around seventeen, and her eyes dance in delight as she looks around.

Nine chuckles, and then his face sours suddenly, a flash of memory in his eyes.

A boastful boy, in the School Garden earlier. Ranting about his 'father' and the 'Pure Streets'.

"What's wrong Nine?" The girl stares at him, worry in her otherwise mirthful eyes.

"A boy. He appears to lead the 'Pure Streets', as the Phoenix did before him. But I have heard of these new Streets, and they are not like those of old."

The book is opened again, and he turns to a seemingly random page, but he already knows the words on it, because he knows the book by heart.

"'Death is my constant companion,
    She walks with me, and entices me in my Dreams,
    Her words like whispers of the soul, will they bind me to this earth?
    Or will I leave this world, and enter hers.'
    "

The book shuts again. "He does not understand the magnitude of the mantle he has taken up. He believes it to be merely a clever name, a pun, as he clears these dirty streets."

Seven's face grows more and more worried as Nine speaks. "...You don't like it Nine? He's just doing what he thinks is right..."

Nine glares at her, and he roars his anger, his fury at the boy directed at the girl next to him, "Is it right to persecute Level Zeroes, Seven!??!? 'All are equal in the eyes of death, for she is the final mistress of this world'! This boy kills for fun, he orders the deaths of humans because he thinks it's funny!"

Nine turns forward once more, staring into the distance. "He is a monster."

Seven walks quietly towards him, and sits down, her legs hanging off the edge of the building. "Nine... do you ever dream?"

Nine snorts. "Odd question from you Seven."

The blonde shakes her head, looking at her red-haired friend with worry in her blue eyes. "No, it's not, Nine. You read Lost endlessly, as if searching for something in the pages that will make your life worth living. When did it start? Was it when... he died?"

Nine stands silently for a time. Remembering. "Enough. Come Seven, we must away, and venture further into the darker parts of this vile city."

He turns, and leaves. Seven hesitates for a time, and swiftly follows her friend and partner.

They are only two of the twelve members of JUSTICE. And they are nowhere near the most powerful.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

Silver eyes widening at what just happened Tobio lurches as he almost goes forward. He then remembers his team, and how Ren had handled the situation with far more grace and ability. Maybe he should step off this cause because of how emotional he got? Turning to look at Mei and Ren he then says, "Ren-taichou, Mei-Sempai. What are your orders?"

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lowering his arm after sheilding his eyes from the blast he was utterly speachless for a moment before anger set in.

He had had him Right there and he just literaly wen tup in smoke. Now it was a matter of personal pride, he wasn't about to let himself be beaten by this guy so easily. Not without a fight at least.

Looking at all the other members of judgement in the eyes he says,

"Im going after him, I'll try and not lose sight of him I'm going to keep you updated with my ability."

With that he sheathes his sword and drops down into the sewer, looking in both directions to see which way Souji went.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

"Hnn. Naive child. Come on, Mei. Tobio. Civillians first. If you want to go after him, it's fine. But both of you have to go together. I'll handle the girl. Just update me on your position."

Ren bends down to check Ina's pulse.

No problems.

He crouches over and picks her up with a fireman carry, waiting for Mei's and Tobio's response.
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2011-12-11 at 09:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

Meis' heart jumped in her chest as the Railgun threw up huge clouds of debris in front of her eyes: it was not as though she had not expected it, it's just that she had not predicted it would be quite this powerful. But she steadied herself-This is what was to be expected of Judgement members, after all; the willingness to lay their lives on the line to protect others. And as Astraphobia was clearly a dangerous criminal bent on achieving his own freedom, he had to be stopped, perhaps even at the cost of her own life. Her throat constricted with terror until she looked at her partner, calling him by his name for the first time that Tobio could remember.

"Not without you, Ren-We don't stand a chance against him without you. Call Reijo or something to deal with her."

Perhaps to Moroes' surprise, she would have found everything unchanged when she returned home. Nobody had been there, except the postman delivering circulars. If she took the time to sift through the databases, she would have found that they had not, in fact, done any research on her or her file. Apparently, Daisuke had far more important things on his mind than investigating people who made an attempt on his life. On the other hand, if Moroe decided to investigate Daisuke, she would have found two things on his Twitter of note: Firstly, that they were missing Mogami Jounouchi, and that he was calling a search for him. Secondly, that he was rather unhappy about Kensuke and his father coming home from a long trip to America. From the language he used, his relationship with them was probably very tense, to say the least. He also mentioned his step-mother a few times in non-too-flattering terms.

And it would not really be very hard at all to gain access to Daisukes' Twitter-From his page, it would be obvious to see that he was quite an attention-seeker, constantly tweeting about the various incidences that happened in his life. A family tree tracing itself back to the Ashikaga Dynasty of old was prominent on his page. He also had quite a number of followers; If Moroe were inclined to match the faces to the names, many of these were from his own considerable posse. Of note, the one who stopped the droid overload-Kiril Angelova, hailing from Bulgaria. His page was notably empty, and in contrast to most of his compansions' pages, very guarded. Not much was revealed at all, yet he often offered advice in clipped, short messages to Daisuke.

If Moroe dug into Daisukes' past tweets, she would have found that he tweeted a certain Kamakura Mei quite frequently-To no response. Dig far back enough, and she would have found that he had wished her Happy Birthday, Happy New Year, etc for -six years-, again, with no response. He often used ingratiating terms, too; terms like 'my princess' and 'my fair lady' were especially common. Just last year, he asked her on a date on Christmas Day-Whereupon Kamakura Kouta, Meis' brother, ordered him to leave her alone before he got a restraining order. It was obvious that he had a fixation with her, and from most points of view, this sort of activity would be classified as being rather creepy and stalkerish.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-12-11 at 10:51 AM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Ren turns around, still carrying Ina.

"... I... Suppose you're right. He's a Level 4. I haven't had to make this decision in a while."

Ren turns around, and gently lets Ina down on a nearby bench. He checks her vital signs one final time, before drawing himself up to his full height.

"Let's go, then."

Ren makes a call to Gotou, marking down his current location and what he needed done. After a brief argument, he walks towards the hole and jumps in.

"Keep up if you can."

Ghost Hound.

A small smile tugged at the edge of Ren's mouth.
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2011-12-11 at 12:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio smiles as he nods at his superiors. He drops down into the hole behind Ren. Extending his senses he tries to search for a human body temperature, besides Carver's, further down the tunnels. Usually this would not be a useful detection device, but in the sewer it was their best bet for finding Souji. "I won't let you down taichou, sempai. I'll make sure to keep track of Astraphobia.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe felt strangely uneasy about her file and home being left untouched. Not that she'd wanted her privacy to be violated, of course, but having all of her supposedly surefire predictions be proven wrong was disconcerting in its own way. Only after checking the house three times for anything amiss did she feel comfortable enough to change clothes and make herself a warm drink. Then she settled down at her computer to dig up as much as she could find about Daisuke and his 'Pure Streets'.

An hour later, she found herself with a surprising number of decent leads. Sites like Twitter and Facebook really did make her job much easier. Thanks to them, a quick browsing session could now find information that would formerly have taken days of tedious grunt-work. Why bother with bugging or tailing a target when they'd happily keep the whole world up to date with exactly where they were and what they were doing? True, Shougo's story wasn't likely to be making an appearance in Daisuke's blog any time soon, but it was still a great time saver.

Now the only question was which lead to pursue first. His longtime crush? No, it wouldn't be fair to drag an uninvolved bystander into this. The search for his missing teammate (for whom Moroe had now lost all sympathy)? No, Kojima could handle that by himself, at least until he drew too much attention. Kensuke? ...Yes. Yes, she'd start with Kensuke.

Her decision made, Moroe spent a while finding all the information she could about this estranged Ashikaga. If she was able to learn where he was (or would soon be), she'd proceed to send a few drones in that direction; And should she be lucky enough to have found him in a public area, she'd also pull on her coat and head over there herself. Facebook and cameras were all well and good, but in the end they were still no substitute for the human touch...Unfortunately.

22. - Top - End - #742

A spark of laughter echoed down the sewers as Souji raced through. He felt free. The sewers were a great place to lose yourself - one of the best places to just ru-

"Stop right there!"

Okay what the hell.

He turned slowly, sighing. A nine year old girl was holding her fists up a serious look on her face.

"What is it kid?"

Little did he know, he was speaking in the exact tone the Phoenix had used on him

"G-g-gimme your cash!"

"Kay."

He pulled out all the money in his wallet, and gave it to her. Walking off he winked, saying "If ya see Judgement, tell 'em I went a different way!"

The little girl stared in awe at the cash she had. It was a lot of money. She could feed herself and her friends for a few weeks now.

They'd be so proud.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio says, "Okay I got him. I feel a heat signature moving down the tunnels. It just passed one that is stationary for the moment. Come on guys." With that Tobio leads the way to where the signature was moving.

24. - Top - End - #744

Unfortunately for Tobio, Souji's route leads him into hell for heat-seeking.

Steam tunnels.

Of course the city had them - they used countless gallons of water every day, and they needed to vent the city from time to time, usually at night. But steam tunnels are filled with heat, and Souji's signature becomes a blur.

Apart from the part where he had carefully walked outside the steam tunnels to spell (in Tobio's head)

"GO

AWAY"

It was for both Tobio's benefit and in case a certain plain Tokiwodai student had decided to follow him.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-12-11 at 08:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

Mei looked around, in a guard position. It was difficult to see like this, much less fight. The steam rising in the air meant that it would be very difficult to track Astraphobia-But it wasn't like she was about to give up. After all, she had an ace up her sleeve-Or two aces, actually.

"Can't see...Well, that's easily fixed."

She inhaled once more, to maximum capacity, shunting the pepperspray to a corner. Steam billowed into her lungs, and then as she took a wider stance, she exhaled, blasting all the free air she had in her out.

The steam cleared, and at his back, Souji would be able to feel a great gust of wind sweep over him, although he was still many twists and turns away from them.

__________________________________________________ ________

Ashikaga Kensuke, age 22. World class up-and-coming lawyer, graduated top of his year, apparently. From the pictures on his page, he looked like a pretty fun-loving guy; usually at suit parties, playing basketball, visiting sights, and the like. Interestingly, he looked nothing like his father, Ashikaga Yoshiharu, whom was apparently quite fond of him and featured in many of his photos. A closer investigation on some of his older photos, dated over four years back, revealed him, his mother (Mitsukai Jun) and another man - Dad-Mitsukai Kou-Which almost always had comments to the effect of 'Rest in Peace'. Ah. That would explain his dissimilarity between Yoshiharu and Daisuke-They weren't related by blood. In many of his older photos, he also appeared to have quite a developed physique, and was apparently proficient at quite a number of martial arts.

He was apparently pretty excited about the prospect of coming home, and made many overtures to many people about 'getting the old gang back together' for a meet. He wasn't sure what they were going to do quite yet, but they were going to meet at the basketball court outside Kumoyon Mall in district six. A good number of people responded; he had many old friends who were quite enthusiastic about meeting him or so it would seem.

One of his good friends was evidently a certain Kamakura Kouta-Their banter in quite a number of threads ranged back and forth quite a number of times (although a fair number of them contained replies and counter-replies to the effect of 'DUDE!' and 'DUDE!?'). He would be there too, he assured, although he lamented that he probably wouldn't be able to spend as much time as he'd like with a 'real bro', courtesy of a messy murder case.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

Kamakura Kouta; Yet another familiar name turning up in an unexpected place. By now the weight of these connections was too great to simply dismiss as coincidence. Could it seriously be by chance that the investigating officer in the Nimori case just happened to be a close friend of the real culprit's family? Yes, and Elvis was alive and well and living on Venus.

As Moroe hurried towards District 6, plenty of possible explanations flashed through her mind: Maybe the authorities already suspected Daisuke, and had assigned Kouta to the case because of that link with the Ashikagas; Or maybe Kouta was covering up the crimes of his friend's relative out of some misplaced sense of loyalty; Or maybe he was just an unwitting pawn of one side or another. Whatever the reason, Moroe was at least certain that there was a reason; And if finding it would help bring her closer to victory, then she would.

She arrived at the basketball court with time to spare, pausing only to rest for a bit so that she could casually walk into sight without seeming out of breath. If Kensuke's party was already assembling, she'd lean against the outside of the court with game in hand, trying to look as disinterested as possible. If not, then she'd take a seat inside the court with game in hand while preparing to look as disinterested as possible. Such subtle distinctions were critical when devising a master plan.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-12-12 at 11:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio says, "Arigato, Mei-chan. I can track him again now. Come on he went this way!" With that Tobio leads Mei down the tunnels of the sewers once again.

(OOC: Also did Souji go to the steam filled tunnels to purposefully confuse Tobio's heat sense? Cause Tobio didn't even mention if he was an Esper. Much less what his level and ability was. Not that I'm too bent out of shape about it.)

28. - Top - End - #748
    Pixie in the Playground

It was evening, and there were already people at the basketball court playing an impromptu game of basketball. It was hard to identify which one Ashikaga Kensuke happened to be-Unlike all his photos in which he was dressed in suits and the like, everybody here was wearing casual clothes such as hoodies, jeans, etc. Despite the fact that everyone here appeared to be at least over twenty, they were still enjoying a game of basketball and hopping about whooping as though they were half their age. It was not until Kamakura Kouta arrived, still in most of his suit, that Kensuke identified himself as the guy in the red hoodie with brown auburn hair, hazel eyes and a slightly pointed nose. He was handsome enough, so most people would suppose, but what was truly catching was his smile. Kouta, in contrast, appeared quite different from his pictures; largely because of the shift from 'work' mode to 'play', triggered upon meeting an old friend of his. With green eyes and long black hair tied back in a neat ponytail, he resembled his sister and by most accounts was very good looking. The difference between them, however, was the fact that Kouta had nearly a foot and a half of height over her, towering over most of his peers and certainly over his diminutive little sister. Regardless, the pair greeted each other in a manner that could only have been described as 'jocular in the extreme', even exchanging a chest-bump in the process.

Eventually, after Kouta joined Kensukes' team and thus assured utter victory (and the virtual ruination of his suit), Kensuke appeared to have come to a decision.

"How about a night out in town, like old times? You guys have no idea how much I've missed doing that with you guys."

But even as he said this, there was a flutter across the top of Moroes' mind-If she was familiar with telepaths, she would be able to identify this as a telepath reading her surface thoughts. Before she would be able to do anything of import, however, a brief word from a shaggy-haired man to Kensuke caused his entire group to move in her general direction and outside the court; albeit in a nonthreatening manner.

Whether she had already begun moving or not, it did not change the fact that Kensukes' attention was focused squarely on her, and he called out to her as he moved.

"I see we have an interested onlooker here. What'cha looking for, little miss?"
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-12-13 at 08:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #749

...And then Souji just says "No, go away" and casually blasts the water in the tunnel with electricity, whistling along the way.

With electrified, suddenly heated water, and a boy who just climbed out of the sewers (much to the discuss of those around him), Judgement now got to search for a heat signature surrounded by others.

Spiffy.

((OOC: Souji watched Ryuu do her concentration, and he felt the air turn icy. Deductive Reasoning.))

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Yes, but Ryuu is not in fact Tobio...And to be honest I don't think that getaway was particularly subtle, lol. Oh well.))

Mei yelped as she was briefly shocked by the suddenly electrified water and cursed in a very unladylike manner as the temperature inside the tunnels suddenly skyrocketed. She was dumbfounded-Without Tobio to track Astraphobias' heat signal, how were they going to find her? She did not have to think long for a solution, however; She noted that the heated air was moving in the direction that Tobio had previously tracked Souji too, albeit slowly-Likely because of the manhole cover that he had no doubt opened, causing the steam to rise from it. But before she could mention this, her partner already had a more effective, direct solution in mind and was already in the stages of implementing it...

And unfortunately for Souji, even though he may have escaped the Judgement team immediately after him, it did not change the fact that Gotou and Sojiro had already contacted the authorities with regards to a certain Astraphobia escaping via the sewers. Already, he would be able to feel the cameras angling themselves to watch him-And even if he shorted them out, they would still be able to follow the trail of broken cameras as before: and there were still bystanders, bystanders who might have seen his wanted posters, or who may have been Anti-Skill or Judgement in disguise.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-12-13 at 09:25 AM.