New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Krystal, whose hand is still held firmly by Kin, gives that hand a little shake to get Kin's attention.

Hey, Kin? We still have some thing to do, and it's kinda getting late...

She doesn't want to seem like a bother to Kin, but time was of the essence.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite her obvious focus on getting Carver's number, Kin immediately devoted herself to addressing her friend's concerns.

"Huh? Oh, that can wait. Plenty of time yet."

With that particular problem now solved to her complete satisfaction, she then returned to the task at hand.

3. - Top - End - #873

Krystal, for a moment, looks like she was going to protest. Instead, she just sighs and waits.

No point upsetting the person who's got a death-grip on your hand, right?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #874
    Halfling in the Playground

Darius walks along, and noticing the commotion, hides in the shadows, thinking it's not worth his time, thinking that, as usual, other people's ******* prejudice will overcome their so-called "better nature, or, more likely, there common sense, but his sensitive (hearing holes) ears notice the talk about Judgement, the student police force he's heard about. "Hmm," he thinks, "maybe if I joined them I'd have protection from all the thugs and haters." "Then again, it's not like a student organization would have that much power."
    He couldn't be more wrong (well actually, he could, but yeah).
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-01-26 at 09:45 PM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #875
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks at Kin with an annoyed look at how she treats Krystal. He then says, "You know, you must be one of the crappiest friends that a person can have. Your friend is trying to remind you of your responsibilities and the fact that it's getting late and you'll have to go home soon, and you just blow her off? Man some Ojou-sama. Maybe if you stopped fangirling for a second you could actually pay attention and be a real friend instead of ignoring them and their opinions."

6. - Top - End - #876

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell looks at Kin with an annoyed look at how she treats Krystal. He then says, "You know, you must be one of the crappiest friends that a person can have. Your friend is trying to remind you of your responsibilities and the fact that it's getting late and you'll have to go home soon, and you just blow her off? Man some Ojou-sama. Maybe if you stopped fangirling for a second you could actually pay attention and be a real friend instead of ignoring them and their opinions."
    Krystal stares open-mouthed at Crocell for a moment. Then her expression turns from shock to anger. She takes a step towards him and brings her free hand up to point in his face.

Just where do you think you get the right to talk to her like that, huh? Huh? You just met her. You don't know who she is or anything. So, you just keep your judgments to yourself, mister.

Huh. Guess Kin has been having an influence on her. She probably wouldn't have done that a couple days ago.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #877
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks at the girl who is either as tall as he is or a bit taller....man he hated being 5'4.

He doesn't even flinch at Krystal's shouting. His eyes are half-lidded as he places one hand on his hip and says, "What does that have to with anything. All I'm doing is pointing out a simple fact. Whether I get to know her or not, the point is that that is the way that she is acting right now. Besides, I should think that the person in the death grip would appreciate the ability to actually be able to do something other than follow like a dog." He keeps his voice even the entire time.

"Besides, to you even know her? I noticed that you said that I didn't know her, not know her like you did."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-01-26 at 10:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #878

Krystal's eyebrows grow closer together as her anger shows more.

Well, you can't go around calling somebody a crappy friend because of one action. You know, don't judge a book by its cover?

And yes, I do know her. At least well enough to know that I want to be friends with her.

And I don't really mind the grip thing. I could get out of it if I really wanted to. But I don't mind.

Well...I'd say they're off to a bad start.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #879
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell shakes his head as he says, "Eh, if you say so. Personally I don't buy it. However you the one that supposedly knows her. Well if you can then you'll break free if you need to instead of nipping at her heels. Chao!" He then walks throught pushing through the crowd while waving over his shoulder. Truly he couldn't care less. Though he couldn't for the life of himself feel like he should still be there though. A few paces away though he stops for a minute before calling back, "If she really is as great a person as you say she is I will reserve judgement for a later time. I guess I'll see if she really is not as bad as I think."

10. - Top - End - #880

I'm not nipping at her heels!

Obviously, Krystal doesn't like Crocell. At least, not yet.

She doesn't really have anything nice to respond to has last statement with, so she merely turns away from him. Still fuming.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground

And in the wake of that short exchange, Kin's shield of self-absorption shattered into a million pieces. With the sort of dazed expression that people usually wear when waking from a dream, she blinked in confusion.

"...What am I doing?"

That was a stupid question. Kin knew exactly what she was doing: Ignoring the increasingly desperate plight of her newest friend; A friend who wouldn't be here if Kin hadn't basically kidnapped her, and who literally couldn't leave without her. And for what? The phone number of a wandering storyteller with a nice power? Kami, what sort of reason was that?

Kin's sense of guilt only grew when she truly processed the stirring defence that Krystal had given her. She had no idea what she'd done to earn such devotion, but it was time to start living up to it. Pausing only to absently toss her phone to Carver (who suddenly seemed very unimportant), she gently tugged on Krystal's arm and gave her a smile which was equal parts apology and gratitude.

"Let's go home."

12. - Top - End - #882

Kin's sudden change in plans catches Krystal off guard a little, and kind of stuns her out of her angry mood. She stares blankly at Kin for a moment, then smiles a little and nods.

Yeah, okay.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #883
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell simply smirks at Krystal's last quip. Guess she simply had to have the last word. Still she was...interesting. With that thought in mind Crocell heads to the Azabu dorms that lie on the outside of the School Garden and smile on his face at the interesting people he just met.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

throughout the entire event Carver was a little torn on as to what to do, luckily though Crocell had left. Carver was begining to think he might've had to send some people into lala land for a minute there. Calling out after Crocell he says,

"Thanks fo the uniform, I'll get it back to you tommorow."

Turning back to the two girls he adds,

"Dont worry about him, he's not all that bad. He's just really outspoken and doesnt really think about what he says, dont take it the wrong way. Oh, and Kin he's my number, I'm usually free anytime, so if you need anything be it judgement business or otherwise just give me a call. Now though I better get back to the dorms, the faculty is probobly pissed at me enough as it is after all of the stuff I've pulled recently."

he pauses for a moment before adding,

"Dont take what he said too harshly, from what I've seen today you're both very good friends to each other."
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2012-01-26 at 11:03 PM.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin took her phone back a little hesitantly. It almost felt wrong to accept Carver's number after having that epiphany about the true meaning of friendship. Then, with no hesitation whatsoever, she turned and sprinted away in the direction of the School Garden. The next twenty minutes passed like a blur. Wanting to make up for lost time, Kin used every shortcut and trick at her command in order to beat the curfew. Before even she knew it, the two of them were standing at the entrance to their dorm building.

"There...*hah*...I told you we'd...*Gasp*... make it in time. Just the final few yards to go now, and we'll be safe."

Well, this was it. The long day was finally over, and with it their impromptu adventure. At last the time had come for the two of them to part ways and head in different directions...

...Not that Kin seemed to realise that, since her power was still keeping them linked even as she walked up the stairs towards her own room. Maybe she had something on her mind, since for some reason she seemed to be getting more and more nervous with every step they climbed.

16. - Top - End - #886

Krystal probably wasn't as used to running as Kin. Even going up the stairs, she was still winded.

Hey, Kin? Are you...okay? I mean...I know we're...on the same floor...but...I think I'd like to...sleep in my own room tonight...No offense...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

With a forcibly nonchalant look which practically screamed 'I'm definitely hiding something', Kin looked down at their hands as if she'd only just noticed them.

"Oh right, that. So, yes, I'll just...right..."

She then proceeded to close her eyes and concentrate for a second; Then another second; And another. Then she opened her eyes again and gave her friend an apologetic (and very strained) smile.

"Ha ha, sorry. I must be a little tired."

There followed several more rounds of concentrating and increasingly nervous apologising, each one ending with their hands still just as firmly linked.

"Er, just give me a minute...Any second now..."

18. - Top - End - #888

After a few attempts, Krystal stifles some laughter. At least she's being patient about it.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Then she gets an idea.

Would a reaction to pain make you let go?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

The sound of that muffled laughter seemed to calm Kin somewhat; Thanks to that her panic slowly subsided to quiet trepidation. It was a shame that Krystal's actual suggestion wasn't just as helpful.

"No, pain stopped working a while ago. Look, I'm really sorry about this. I wanted to tell you, but the time never seemed right. First we were with the two boys, and then you didn't seem to mind, so..."

Even as she gave her excuses, Kin knew that they'd reach an understanding ear. It was amazing how easygoing Krystal could be; Any other girl Kin knew would have snapped hours ago.

"The truth is that, when you grabbed my hand back at the cafe, my power just activated on its own; It does that sometimes. Since then, I've been just as stuck as you are."

With the secret she'd been keeping for half the day finally revealed, Kin relaxed even more. Now that that was off her chest, maybe she'd be able to wrestle her power back into line again.

20. - Top - End - #890

Krystal waves a hand, still smiling. That's okay. I completely understand uncontrollable abilities. I've had my share of that.

To the point where she couldn't shut off her radio reception and was stuck listening to some political talk station for a week straight. Not one of her fondest memories.

Just, take a few deep breaths first, and try to block out everything. That helped me often enough.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground

"Deep breaths? Good idea. Deeep breaaaths. In...and out...In...and out...It really is a tenacious thing. Believe it or not (in out in out), it can even stay on while I'm asleep. How's that for ten...ac...ah ha!"

Kin's sudden shout of triumph was immediately followed by her hand's long awaited release from captivity. She hastily pulled it away, then took a step back just in case her leg brushed against Krystal's and got them into an even worse predicament.

"Victory! And sorry yet again."

She was about to bid her new friend a fond farewell and tell her how great it had been to meet her, when the sound of movement caught her ear. Apparently her shout had roused a few light sleepers, and now they were coming to investigate. Suddenly deciding that the two of them had no need for words any more, Kin settled for giving Krystal a still slightly nervous grin and beating a hasty retreat.

22. - Top - End - #892

Krystal's about to call out to Kin as she retreats, but stops herself. She smiles to herself, then heads to her own room.

As she gets ready for bed, she thinks back on the day with fondness. All in all, it was a good day. She was glad to have met Kin, and was looking forward to seeing her again. And to the prospect of doing hero stuff. That made her really excited.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #893

City Streets

Frank looks relaxed as he patrols the streets. Morning shifts are always easy - most people with the inclination for trouble like to sleep in.

I think I'll head to the school garden. There's always good scenery, especially in the mornings

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

24. - Top - End - #894

Darius, bored, tries to find a way to climb on top of some of the surrounding buildings so he can see the sunrise and have a nap before heading to school.
    He notices the commotion ending, and thinks about Judgement again, and starts off to school.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-01-27 at 04:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio wakes from his meditative state as morning comes around. He stands up and stretches to get the kinks out of his back and legs. He then looks at the pool that is currently now water. He throws out his hand as he activates his powers. The water chills to -60 degrees Celsius and rapidly freezes. Tobio nods in satisfaction of the change in strength before he goes back inside his house and showers and brushes his teeth. He then changes into a fresh set of his school uniform and pops some Poptarts before wrapping them in a napkin and strapping on his skates. He then skates to the Onizuka Middle School in District 13 while munching on his breakfast.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Crocell wakes up in his bed to the head-splitting sound of his alarm clock. Groggily reaching over he shuts off the infernal contraption before sighing and forcing himself out of bed. After brushing his teeth and a quick shower he is fully up. He pulls out two of his cereal bars of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavor and opens one. He heads out of the door crunching the bar that is his breakfast. He heads to the School Garden to start his day. He just hopes that today is a bit more exciting than the last few days. If only he had been on duty for that Astraphobia chase. That would at least have taken care of his boredom.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-01-27 at 06:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

The shrieking of an alarm clock eventually managed to rouse Moroe from her sleep. When she tried drowning it out by burying herself in a pillow, her eyes shot open. That wasn't her pillow. She sat bolt upright in a bed that clearly wasn't hers either, instantly on the alert. It took her a few seconds to remember what had happened. Oh yes, she was in the safehouse; 'Safe' being relative, of course.

There followed a very quick shower in a locked and hastily barricaded bathroom. Then she collected some spare clothes from her personal locker, checked them for tampering and got dressed in record time. She'd always been really uncomfortable doing things like this when away from home. Hopefully she'd be able to go back to sleeping in her own bed before too long.

Half an hour later she was walking in the direction of District 6, dressed in her normal clothes and with a bag full of highly illegal weapons slung over her shoulder. She'd already phoned Onizuka to say that she wouldn't be coming in today, and they'd been very understanding. Obviously she was still in shock from her horrible experience yesterday, and would need time to recuperate; And what better way to do that than by paying a visit to one of her dearest comrades?

27. - Top - End - #897

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kensuke took a half step back, suddenly ill-at-ease about the recent turn of events. This was not the Nakamura Rin he knew, and the comments he made to the effect of ...'killing' him made him very uncomfortable. Still, he forced himself to remain calm-This was the same young man that had been in the Pure Streets so many years ago...Right? He had the same abilities, the same physical features.

Maybe he'd just gone through a rough time. He'd heard of cases like this-heavily traumatised victims creating multiple consciousnesses to deal with said trauma-And from the looks of things, the period between then and now had not been an easy one. Kensuke flinched, the guilt at potentially having abandoned a friend biting deeply into him, and despite his initial apprehension, he grinned shakily-and was met by wary glances from his comrades. The ladies in his group eyeballed Souji warily, noting the vast difference in their ages as well as the crackling electricity racing up and down his body.

"S...Sure, bro. We're the Pure Streets. Or, used to be. We're kind of irrelevant now, and we were in the Version Beta project, sort of like a trial Esper project. It worked, but it had a high rate of failure and a considerable number of fatalities, so knowledge of it wasn't generally released to the public and it is officially denied. And a level five! Last we saw you, you were breaching the level three barrier. Level four now, does that make you? It's been so long, man, even if you don't remember."

He turned to his comrades, waving them off placatingly.

"We'll try this again tomorrow, shall we guys? I've gotta get this dude back to my place to hide out until this blows over...You can continue without me if you want, charge it to Kou or something, haha."

And then he turned again, placing a concerned hand on Soujis' shoulder.

"I'm sorry for abandoning you, dude...I...I shouldn't have done it. I know you say you could look after yourself, but..."

He shook his head.

"Any case, dude, to my place we go. Might have to turn things down a notch, adopt a disguise, or something-You fooled me before, you can fool my dad and my grumpy little bro. Word of advice, try not to piss him off. My bro, that is. He's pretty high-strung, you see, don't know why."
    Souji rolled his eyes, looking at Kensuke. "You're worried. Allow me to assure you that Rin felt no pain, as he was merely a splinter of my personality, a thread that I returned once he actually turned against me! Imagine that, for a moment. That a part of you hates yourself so much, that when let out, it tries to kill you? I was fairly impressed with him, that took some guts. But, he went too far. Fortunately, I'm good at making those."

He whistles, snapping his fingers, watching with fascination as sparks fly off his hand.

"But it takes me quite a while. I'm good at it, and if I want it to work properly, I have to earn it. Forcibly splintering your mind is never an easy task, especially if I want a personality that will cooperate with you lot and not insult your brother."

He winks at Kensuke, walking next to the man as he manipulates and turns the electricity in his right hand.

Elsbeth

The girl just glared at the Speedster, and scribbled something on a piece of paper, throwing at him.

"That is the location we will meet at tomorrow, and you will bring my phone!"

END MONDAY

TUESDAY

Souji had, of course, blatantly ignored Kensuke's warnings and scribbled a note.

Kensuke,

Hey! How's it going! I'm off to Onizuka under the name "Suzuki Sora", a Level Two who treats everyone with a faint sort of disdain! He was enrolled last night at around one in the morning.

Underneath that was a halfway decent sketch of Sora, with dark hair, brooding green eyes, and wore several chains on his person.

He's kind of an emo, so I wouldn't recommend approaching him until a few hours after school, as he has no clue that I'm inhabiting this body! (Didn't go over so well with Rin, y'know?) I'll be asleep in the body anyways, so don't wait up!

My notes on Sora are nearby.

a few inches to the left of the note was a notebook, which was filled with sketches, Souji's scrawl, and several designs Kensuke might recognize from Souji's time with the Pure Streets. The notebook was rather large, as Souji decided it would be easier to have it rebound with more pages then just buy a new one, and had multiple sticky notes sticking out of it, with words like "Exp012:P", and "Prsn116:Rin", or Souji's favorite note, featured far more often then the rest, "Abl563:I.Manip".

But those weren't important right now, however fond some memories of parts of those designs might be. What was important was the page it was open to, labeled (with a sticky note, of course,) "Prsn117:Sora".

Below was a list of details, a much better profile of Sora, and a series of notes on the development of the new persona.

The one that was circled, scrawled along the edge of the page, was his ability.

"ABL: Matter Manipulation."

Sora

Sora loathed going to school.

No you don't, stop lying.

The voice was tired, almost half asleep. Sora had that voice in his head for as long as he could remember. It was a sort of advice column, polling him for answers.

S'one of the nicer descriptions of me... M'going to sleep. Enjoy school.

The voice vanished, and Sora growled, kicking at some dirt. It never left. It always came back, dratted thing. It wasn't bad, but it meant he had to realize that sometimes, what he did was wrong.

He stood outside Onizuka, eyeing the building with a sort of distaste.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

28. - Top - End - #898

Darius arrives at Azabu, climbing the gates to rest until school begins. Seeing a mouse, he grabs it, and places it inside his vest. He settles into a good position, and begins to wait for an accepting looking member of Judgement.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sora hears the clack of roller skates as he stands outside the gate to Onizuka. If he turns around he will see a boy with light blue hair and silver eyes skating towards him while finishing off a Poptart. Tobio skates up to Sora as he says, "Oh hello, U-um are y-you a new student? I-If so then let me intorduce myself. I-I'm Tobio Ishida. A-Ano, what's y-your name?" As he introduces himself Tobio gives a polite half-bow.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Crocell approaches the Azabu as he passes by Darius, his Judgement band hanging around his neck. Crocell always did like to be different. As he passes his Crocell says, "What are ya squattin' for? Come on it's almost time fore school. However if you wanna skip be my guest." That said Crocell continues walking, conjuring a red fireball after a second of concentration. He then starts playing a solo game of Hot Potato with it.

30. - Top - End - #900

Darius follows Croccel and begins calling after him when a large golden yellow snake slithers out of his vest and around his neck, clearly swallowing something. "Hey, not know Anya, I'm trying too talk to someone you stupid reptile!" he whispers, and then rushes aft Crocell, yelling "Hey Judgement! Wait up, I have a question for you!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show