New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Tokiwadai

Krystal did notice Kin's behavior. But, at least during class, she wasn't going to ask about it. Partly because of the teacher's vigil, and partly because she didn't want to seem like a hypocrit when it came to school work.

She made a mental note to try to question it after school.
    Class seemed to drag on for longer than usual today. This was mostly because the teacher kept stopping to clamp down on every minor infraction that caught her attention. Whether it was a a smudged collar or a louder than average cough, no crime received a free pass from her today. When the lesson did finally come to an end, half of the attendees seemed to share a collective sigh of relief.

Nobody really distinguished themselves as they filed out of class today. In fact, most of them seemed to be making a conscious effort to blend into the crowd, lest they be accused of starting a new 'incident' by daring to be different. Kin was no exception, trudging along without even the slightest suggestion of a skip.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Pixie in the Playground

(OOC: I am going to assume you did walk into Shougo, as you didn't pay attention. Lawl.))

Shougo's phone went off loudly as he received a message from Moroe. Unfamiliar with the finer aspects of modern technology, to say the least, he mistook it for a call and stood up to answer it reflexively, causing Sora to bowl straight into him. Already battered from the previous days' exertions, Shougo toppled right over, bag and phone clattering to the ground noisily.

"Argh-"

He shot a weak glare at Sora before reaching for his phone which had been knocked open in that altercation, wondering who on earth would have called him at this hour. With a certain degree of confusion, he was met with '1 New Text Message', and pressing a random button in the hopes that he could get this infernal piece of technology to work, he was rewarded with -

>[WHERE ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU OUT OF BED?! - Ishimaru]

And was promptly and utterly confounded on what to do. Nothing seemed to work-It appeared that pressing the numbers caused random, unintended words to pop up on the screen or inadvertently cancelled the entire screen, forcing him to scramble to return to his inbox. His panic was not helped by the fact that Moroe somehow knew he was out of bed, causing his fingers to jump all over the place erratically and not actually press anything as he frantically thought of a response that would satisfy Moroe-Which, given her nature, he figured, would probably not be much.

To a modern Japanese teenager, it would have been an utterly embarrassing sight-A teenage boy with an outdated phone seemingly totally unable to perform a simple action such as texting; and Shougo was well aware of this, a red mixture of blood, shame and irritation visibly revealing itself on his face. Nothing. Seemed. To. Work. After a minute or two of exhaustive if utterly inept attempts to respond to her message, he called out to the boy that had previously and carelessly knocked him over, who was probably dawdling his way down to class slowly.

"H...Hey! How do you get this thing to work...?"

Internally, Shougo was berating himself ceaselessly-It was his fault that he did not understand how modern technology, as confusing and roundabout as much of it was, as someone his age should, and he was suffering the consequences of it. He should not need anothers' help for such trivial matters. But he did. Moroe would be be unnecessarily worried if he did not respond and probably be very displeased when she found out he was not in any danger. He could endure a little shame, if it meant not inconveniencing her. He could endure anything, for her sake. He owed her that much. In the meantime, he figured he could tell her the truth-Or at least part of it-Along with a question, both to deflect attention on the reasons behind his own absence from the hospital and to receive an answer.

"I just want to get it to say 'I went to school, and where are you?' How do you do that?"

Several long, lingering minutes passed in the meantime. Most teenagers would have responded long, long before this.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-01-30 at 02:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tokiwadai

Krystal was slightly puzzled by everybody's actions, but didn't worry too much about it. She was focused on other things.

She tried to make her way through the crowd to catch up to her friend.

Hey Kin. What's up? She doesn't speak loud, but there is an eagerness to her voice.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #934
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

'Hmm, an unexpected hitch but I can play off of this.' Crocell's eyes widen comically as he says in a still loud and Shakespearean style voice, "T-Tokiwadai-chan!!! You would really spurn my affections so casually?! Would you really leave this poor soul without even your name?! You would shatter my soul and shred my heart with only a glance.? Tokiwadai-chan, tell me it's not true!!"

Crocell's little act has only gotten even more dramatic. At this point, the students should be taking notice of this along with the teachers. Though Crocell might be getting his fair share of glares from the students. They just had an incident yesterday after all. Meanwhile Crocell thinks to himself, 'Jeez, at this rate I may have to use my fireworks to show her that ''we are meant to be together'' yeah right.'

__________________________________________________ _______

Tobio sees how Shugo is callously pushed to the ground and how Sora seems to be taking ages to respond, not to mention how he responded to his extension of friendship. Well if he was that kind of person then he didn't want to friends with him anymore. Helping Shugo to his feet Tobio says, "I know how to work it. All you have to do is..." Tobio then proceeds to explain how to text on the phone and helps Shugo with the message. Afterward he says, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Tobio, Tobio Ishida. What's your name?"

5. - Top - End - #935
    Halfling in the Playground

Arriving it Tokiwada, Darius has two thoughts "Oh ****, it's an all-girls school" and simultaneously "Oh ****, that food smells good". Weighing down his choices, he figures the two members of Judgement, obviously not the most goody-two-shoes members of Judgement, have likely split up, with one causing a distraction, most likely causing either a lovestruck suitor or a pepping tom gets taught situation while the other attempts to liberate the food (Yes, his mind works like that), naturally, he gives in to his instincts, and heads for the smell of food.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-01-30 at 07:38 PM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ettin in the Playground

By the time a full minute had passed with no reply, Moroe was pacing frantically up and down the street. Once the count hit two minutes she'd actually chewed through the collar of her shirt.

"Why. Isn't. He. Answering? There's no way that he'd leave me hanging like this. Something's happened; I just know it."

No she didn't. Of course she didn't know that something had happened. There had to be a hundred reasons why Shougo might not be answering his phone. There was no point in getting so stressed over what might turn out to be nothing. She just needed to calm down and handle this rationally.

{One minute later}

"He's dead. I failed the level and now he's dead. My one chance to actually do some good in this world, blown. He probably felt too guilty about having someone else helping him and rushed off to fight-"

Then her phone beeped.

[I went to school, and where are you?]

A piece of torn collar dropped from Moroe's newly opened mouth. Well, that was embarrassing. Not that she'd let that get in the way of her righteous indignation. How dare he make her worry like this!

[Idiot! Can't protect you if you paint a target! Pure Streets gunning for you, remember? May have found way to nail them. Investigating now. STAY LOW.]

Tokiwadai

Krystal was slightly puzzled by everybody's actions, but didn't worry too much about it. She was focused on other things.

She tried to make her way through the crowd to catch up to her friend.

Hey Kin. What's up? She doesn't speak loud, but there is an eagerness to her voice.
    Kin stopped dead when she heard that voice, causing another girl to bump into her back. Paying no heed to this, she slipped out of the line and waited for Krystal to reach her. When she actually caught sight of the other girl, her porcelain mask cracked enough to reveal a genuine smile.

"Greetings and salutations, fellow student of Tokiwadai. Come to check if I'm holding up my end of the bargain?"

Though her voice lacked its usual vigour, there wasn't a drop of malice in it. Whatever resentment she might have harboured towards the school, she was careful not to let it bleed over onto the things she valued.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-01-30 at 11:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #937

((I have this thing called school. I go to it from 6-4.))

Sora continued to ignore the boy asking him for help, and picked up a piece of grass, staring at it.

It would change.

It had to change.

You just had to want it bad enough.

Those familiar with Fuschichou Souji (and by familiar, I mean viewed him in a casual setting, not fought him once or twice,) would recognize the habit of the silver haired Electromaster, fiddling with his ability as he waited around.

The girl laughed derisively at the boy prostrating himself before her.

"Look, you're three months too late. Some idiot with a black jacket already conned half the school into giving him free food. I applaud you on your acting though, it's quite convincing."

She gave him a polite, mocking clap, and then growled as her auburn hair fluttered slightly, landing in front of her eyes. She blew at it, a small smile overcoming her face as the hair complied with her wish to get out of her face.

A murmur went through the surroundings.

"Oooh, he's in for it now... Kirisame-sempai is still really angry about the last boy!"

"Did you know he ranted about the air speed velocity of the average pterodactyl for fifteen minutes while stealing her bento?"

"No way! What did he say?"

"Well, he claimed that the wingspan of a..."

The murmurs dissolved into a conversation surrounding pterodactyls, and the velocity there of, as the crowd dispersed away from Kirisama-sempai and the targets of her ire.

"Go steal food from some other unsuspecting kid, loverboy. I have work to do." She returns to her math assignment, muttering calculations under her breath.

Elsbeth sniffed as the speedster zipped around. "I merely want my phone replaced! I do not wish to participate in any foolish shenanigans with you." Her voice managed to convey a sense of both horror and loathing at the same time. Impressive, for someone non-native to Japan.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-01-30 at 11:35 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell thinks to himself, 'Okay, this is not going to work much longer. Time for the big finish! I hope that you've had enough time Carver.' Crocell stands up and gently clasps her hand and says in a softer voice, "Is your heart really so cold Tokiwadai-chan? Is your heart really made of ice?" He takes a couple of steps back as flames erupt around his body giving him a flaming aura. "Then let my flames of love melt the ice around your heart!!!"

9. - Top - End - #939

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    ((I have this thing called school. I go to it from 6-4.))
    *Gasp* How dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Kin stopped dead when she heard that voice, causing another girl to bump into her back. Paying no heed to this, she slipped out of the line and waited for Krystal to reach her. When she actually caught sight of the other girl, her porcelain mask cracked enough to reveal a genuine smile.

"Greetings and salutations, fellow student of Tokiwadai. Come to check if I'm holding up my end of the bargain?"

Though her voice lacked its usual vigour, there wasn't a drop of malice in it. Whatever resentment she might have harboured towards the school, she was careful not to let it bleed over onto the things she valued.
    Krystal smiles a little sheepishly at the greeting Kin gave. Noooo...I saw that in class...

But, no, I wanted to hang out with you. You know, now that class is over and such.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #940

The girl doesn't even flinch, just staring at him coolly.

"Not ice. Ice is quite overrated, wouldn't you say? Ice, Electricity, Fire... You brats all think you're sooo impressive with your abilities. Well I've got news for you, pyro..."

She leans in close, not even blinking when the fire licks her hair, dances near her skin.

"Get over yourself. This is Tokiwodai, and I'm Fuu Kirisame, the Witch of the Forest, and your 'fire' offends me on a personal level, you inconsiderate bastard."

Fuu Kirisame could heal. That was all she could do. Heal plants and other insignificant beings. She'd almost healed an animal once. But just once.

That's why Crocell disgusted her so much. She was a healer, and he was just some brat who thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The flames wouldn't have burned her as she got close as Crocell made sure to keep the heat of the flames contained within the actual flames themselves. So unless your actually touched the flames you wouldn't feel any heat. Crocell extinguishes the flames as drops the lovestruck persona. He is back into his usual laid back pose.

He then says, "Just what the heck is that supposed to mean? You got something against fire? Plus how can I offend you on a personal level? I just freaking met you. So you go to Tokiwadai, so what. I go to Azabu, but you don't see me throwing it around like some title or status symbol. Besides Tokiwadai has an entry requirement of being a level 3 esper so you've got special abilities to and going off like that instead of saying what your problem is means your the real brat here, not me tuts. Call yourself a witch of the forest, call yourself an ojou-sama, heck call yourself the ruler of the freaking universe. At the end of the day all that is left is Fuu Kirisame and from what I'm seeing she's not all that impressive."

At the end of his little spiel he shrugs his shoulders as if to say 'what are you gonna do?' in an exasperated manner. He meanwhile discreetly looks in Carver's direction to see if he had the food yet.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-01-31 at 10:58 AM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

Krystal smiles a little sheepishly at the greeting Kin gave. Noooo...I saw that in class...

But, no, I wanted to hang out with you. You know, now that class is over and such.
    That sheepishness prompted Kin's mischievous grin finally manifested in full force. A bit of life was creeping back into her limbs again too, since her step had a definite spring to it as she walked over to Krystal.

"Hang out? During school hours? I know we're between classes, but that's still a biiiiig risk. Aren't you afraid I'll fill your dutiful head with dreams of freedom and nonconformity? Or maybe I'll just grab your hand again and never let go..."

13. - Top - End - #943

Krystal smiles. Come now, Kin. You really think I'd let you do that?

We can talk between classes. No harm there. Besides, I wanted to check that we'd still be hanging out after school.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground

"No harm? You might be surprised. Just look at what our first 'talk between classes' led to...

And as for after school, of course we are. If I had my way, we'd be running out that door right now to go on our next great adventure. But since the Powers That Be won't let us, I suppose we'll have to settle for grabbing some lunch."

Kin promptly began to skip off towards said lunch, before catching herself in midstep. When she started walking again, it was with a measured gait far more suited for the halls of Tokiwadai.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Carver watched Crocell being repeatedly shot down he could barely control his laughter and had to make himself invisible to Crocell too or else he'd be pissed at Carver for laughing at him.

That being said Carver pretty much strolled up to the food, put some money down grabbed enough for a nice filling lunch and started walking away. While doing this however he realised that Crocell was being Crocell again, hed better do something before things got out of control.

It is at that moment that everyone there would hear someone saying,

"Alright calm down, I got the food already."

Which was immeadietly followed by a young man with blue hair seeming to simply appear out of thin air behind Crocell with one arm holding a plie of food with his free hand on Crocell's shoulder to calm him down.

Having heard the exchange as he got the food he also adds while looking at miss 'Witch of the Forest' and says,

"Oh, and F.Y.I. I already got the food, so in yo face!"
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

16. - Top - End - #946

The Witch snickers.

"Wrong. Check again~"

What food? It wasn't even there anymore.

Fuu healed things. She did it well. Really well. Removing the 'taint' of preservatives in Tokiwodai's food, and then fixing up the molecular structure of the food itself, caused it to crumble into dust. After all, they were trying to get food from a middle school, and today was Pizza Day. Preservatives galore.

"Shocking that you haven't heard of me, though. I'm fairly well known, considering all the work I do outside of class. Afternoon, Azuba-baka, Brat-chan."

She whistled and walked away, several people following in her wake. The Witch of the Forest was rather popular, for being 'unimpressive'.

She was a Level 5, after all.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks at the crumbled food with wide eyes. He then turns to look at Fuu, not with shock but anger. He temper, which he normally kept under very good control, shot through the roof at the fact that he and Carver worked hard to get that food and she just vaporized it?!!!! Flames erupted violently around Crocell. First they were red, but within a few seconds they became blue as he moved forward.

"YOU B*TCH!!! WE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THAT FOOD!!! AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO DO THAT IN SOME PETTY PRANK!!!" Fuu could most definitely feel the heat now. As 1700 degrees Celsius of 5'4 fury washed over her.

(speaking of which, if she could just vaporize[hyperbole] the food then why was Souji able get away with conning the food? She would have just did the same thing. Also how does that work! If she heals then maybe, maybe the preservative thing would fly, bout how does healing allow you to crumble food to dust?!)

18. - Top - End - #948

Krystal giggles a little. Yeah, well, I think we're both a little more restrained today.

She tilts her head a little when Kin stops skipping. Why'd you stop? I was about to join you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's smile faltered a little and, though she tried to hide it, some depression crept into her reply.

"Because I can't get away with it. This place may be draining my soul, but being kicked out would...Do you hear screaming?"

She peered quizzically ahead of her, brows knitted in a frown. Apparently not everyone was afraid of making a scene today.

20. - Top - End - #950

Um... Krystal had been focused on Kin, which meant she was kind of drowning out everything else.

So, she took a moment to listen.

She nods. Yeah...think we should check it out?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #951
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver quickly trys to wheel in front of Crocell saying,

"Woah buddy! Calm your horses. YOu're the one who is about to escalate things here, just calm down. Oh and dont worry about the food, because I can just do this."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out far more food than seems physically possible, although in this city the physically possible is often broken.

While he pulls out the "food" He gives a slight wink to Crocell to show him that its a ploy to distract the crowd.

As his illusion does that he slyly walks back over and grabs the equal amount of food he had before, although he didnt pay for it again. He felt it appropriate compensation for the first bit being kinda vaporised.

He wasnt about to let some little girl actually get the better of him after all, at least not one who acts like this.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2012-01-31 at 09:38 PM.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

22. - Top - End - #952

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell looks at the crumbled food with wide eyes. He then turns to look at Fuu, not with shock but anger. He temper, which he normally kept under very good control, shot through the roof at the fact that he and Carver worked hard to get that food and she just vaporized it?!!!! Flames erupted violently around Crocell. First they were red, but within a few seconds they became blue as he moved forward.

"YOU B*TCH!!! WE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THAT FOOD!!! AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO DO THAT IN SOME PETTY PRANK!!!" Fuu could most definitely feel the heat now. As 1700 degrees Celsius of 5'4 fury washed over her.

(speaking of which, if she could just vaporize[hyperbole] the food then why was Souji able get away with conning the food? She would have just did the same thing. Also how does that work! If she heals then maybe, maybe the preservative thing would fly, bout how does healing allow you to crumble food to dust?!)
    (Souji didn't try to take any food. He simply ranted about dinosaurs at her while stealing her lunch, and then walked with her to get some more food, thereby getting around everything. She's healing any and all impurities in the food. Including burnt pieces, processed pieces, et cetera.)

Fuu ignored the duo as she returned to her math work. "The food is free for students of Tokiwodai, not outsiders such as yourself."

She bit her lip, frowning at the paper, and scribbled in an answer in the margins. "For members of Judgement, you two barely follow protocol at all. And you're horrendously incompetent nowadays. Can't catch Astraphobia, can't live with the food at Azuba..." She sniffs, twirling a stray strand of hair in her hand. "And you resort to insults and fakery in an attempt to work around simple setbacks!"

The girl smiles politely at another Tokiwodai student nearby, who isn't distracted at all by the food. In fact, none of them are. Yes, it was food, and a lot of it, but these were Tokiwodai students. They were used to magnificent spreads of food, and Carver's repossession of food didn't go unnoticed, just ignored. After all, the Witch had already played her prank, and considered the matter over.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Halfling in the Playground

Tokiwadai
    Those who remained after the commotion saw a snake slithering along the floor, sliding this way and that, moving to the screams of the few remaining girls. Those who looked at the remaining pizza would notice a few slices being lifted onto a plate in thin air, which began to drift toward an open window, to the waiting hands of the strained Darius. Letting out a high pitched whistle, Darius uses his remaining strength to lift the already leaping snake towards the window, were he ducks down out of the way and begins crawling out of sight before breaking out into the best run he can manage. by the time he arrives at Azabu and begins to take a few bites of the pizza, he's ready to faint, which, lying down in the shade, he does, his hood falling off askance and his snakes hissing contentedly as they steal the pepperoni.
    In a warehouse near the school garden

"Yawn."
    "I exist."
    "How do I know do say I exist?"
    "Hmm, that's a nice frame, I think I'll call it a window"
    "I'll call that blue stuff clouds."

"Unit number 42, access your databanks for information on your task!" said a loud male voice

"Oh."
    "I think I'll call myself Hollow 42."
    "Its better than the other name."
    "I require energy"
    "According to this a place called Tokiwadai has quite good food."
    "That should suffice my needs."

A strange robot in the corner of the deserted, electronics-filled warehouse gets up and walks to the door, activating it's hologram engine to look like a young man as it heads to Tokiwadai.
    "To the food!" it exclaims
    "Hey sensei" said a younger, female voice
    "What is it!" said the male voice
    "Shouldn't you tell him that he should be going as a" began a the female voice
    "No, this will be educational for it." replied the same male voice "Maybe he'll encounter a level 5*." "It should prove educational for it, and amusing for us
    * See previous evil laugh
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-01-31 at 10:25 PM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell starts to quickly calm down at seeing Carver in front of him. If he didn't stop then he could hurt him, or someone else. The flames rapidly extinguish themselves as he says, "Sorry Carver I...lost my cool there. That doesn't usually happen."

He doesn't reply to Fuu as he starts walking away with Carver. He then whispers under his breath to him, "She's still in range. I can get her back. After all, I'm pretty sure she would hate to do that homework all over again. It might be a little obvious that I burned it but by that time we'll be gone."

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

Um... Krystal had been focused on Kin, which meant she was kind of drowning out everything else.

So, she took a moment to listen.

She nods. Yeah...think we should check it out?
    "It's either that or abandon our lunch."

Kin starting walking again, albeit a little hesitantly. Even before they reached the lunch room it became clear that something was very wrong. Aside from the screams being much louder, they were now accompanied by the distinct sound of crackling flames. When they actually got to the entrance, Kin crept up to it very carefully and poked her head out; Then, after taking one look at the situation, she shot it straight back again.

"Fire. Something's on fire. And plates are moving on their own. And I think I saw Albern-san in there somewhere. And the teachers are going to be here any second and that might be why nobody's using their powers to put out the fire and maybe we should just eat out today."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-01-31 at 10:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Crocell extinguished the flames. Or are they looking in before he did that?)

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    (Crocell extinguished the flames. Or are they looking in before he did that?)
    {OOC: Before; Hence the comment about moving plates, which would have already been gone by that point.}

28. - Top - End - #958

Unfortunately for poor Crocell and his idiotic plan, Fuu had already entered the building, having finished her homework and was chatting with some friends.

And besides, she loved math. Destroying her homework meant redoing delicious math problems! Eeeeee

[Sora]

Sora sat at his desk. He was disgruntled.

Yeah Sora isn't very interesting. Let's move on.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo, despite being given precise instructions on how to send a text message, seemed incapable of grasping just how it was done, to his great embarassment. In all likeliness, Tobio would have had to do it himself. If he had done so, and even if he had not, he would have seen the message Moroe had sent Shougo.

Regardless, when all was said and done, Shougo let out a huge sigh of relief. Although that silver-haired, chain-wearing lout had utterly spurned his cry for help, momentarily leaving him in the lurch, a kindly-looking blue-haired boy had answered in his place, showing him (or attempting to show him) how phones worked. Even for the otherwise-patient Tobio, Shougo would have been a difficult case. It really was frightening how little he seemed to understand how technology worked. Nevertheless, Shougo was visibly grateful for his help, carefully replacing the item in his pocket. That could have ended badly; he thought to himself-He'd only taken about four minutes to reply this time, even if he had help! It was not until Tobio had to repeat his question that Shougo realised he was being talked to, suddenly tripping over himself in response. In Japanese prose, he would have been using an unnecessarily formal, even outdated mode of speech.

"A...Ah-Thank you, Ishida-dono. I am Nimori Shougo. It is an honor to make your acquaintance. I am in your debt."

Struggling to his feet, he then bowed in deference, earning him a few puzzled stares from passerbys. Despite the fact that he lived in a city that was supposedly thirty years in the future, his mannerisms were archaic to the point of unintelligibility at times; at times it felt like he was acting as though it were a hundred years of the past. And whilst Shougo was aware of (or imagined) the odd looks people gave him behind his back, he did not relent in his actions. It was not that he didn't want to greet people in a more modern manner, but that he didn't know how. Sure, he'd seen people do it in passing, but to be honest...

He didn't have many friends. Sure, he had acquaintances, and sparring partners from his father's dojo, but they had all fallen away after Daisuke's relentless assault on his family and their security. Moroe was the first person-The only person outside his own family who went out of her way to help him. And here was another...Shougo just wished he knew what to say. Everything that he thought of sounded stupid, even to his own ears. After perhaps a moment of empty silence, his phone beeped again, having received Moroes' message, prompting Shougo to open his phone and read it. His response was immediate, gasping with horror as he read its' contents.

"I...Ishimaru-senpai! Oh no!"

And then promptly covered his mouth, realising his gaffe.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-02-01 at 02:33 AM.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio, instead of looking strangely at Shougo, returned his bow. He of all people could not be a hypocrite and call Shougo strange considering how strange people say him as. He could barely speak without stuttering, and in front of girls it became even worse to the point where he would have to take a few seconds to get what he was trying to say across.

"I-I'ts okay Nimori-san. You can j-just c-call me I-Ishida-san. I-It's nice t-to meet you as well. A-As for being in m-my d-debt? T-There is no n-need. I-I saw someone who needed h-help so I helped. It as s-simple as that. B-Besides it was the least I-I could do f-for a fellow student."

After saying such Shougo's phone beeps again and the words 'Ishimaru-sempai!' escape his lips. Tobio looks uncomfortable as he says, "A-Ano, you k-know Ishimaru-sempai?"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-01 at 08:01 AM.