New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Doing a little victory dance in his head Crocell gives his usual smirk as he says, "Kin huh? Well it's a rather nice name. Not as extravagant as I thought it would be."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Kin treated the newcomer to a thoroughly amused smile. She leaned conspiratorialy over to Krystal and mock-whispered to her in a voice easily loud enough to be heard by Crocell.

"See that? That was me when I first found this place."
    Krystal snickers a little. If I was here by myself, I might be the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Swallowing a piece of caramel turtle pie, Crocell turned to look at where he heard Kin talking. Seeing the duo he gives a smirk as he says, "Well, well, well if it isn't Sticky-kun and Snowflake-chan. Funny meeting you two here." He then takes the time to eat a rather large piece of crepe, unable to keep the look of utter joy off of his face.

Once he regains the ability to speak he then says, "So what brings you two to this establishment. After all I would think that you guys would be doing something fun like going to the arcade. Oh and for your information yes it is my first time here." He seems to think about what to say for a moment before shrugging and asking, "Hey Snowflake-chan, I gotta know. Is that your natural hair color or is it died to get people's attention? Cause it sure works."
    Snowflake-kun? Krystal seems a mix of surprise and confusion. That's a new one.

And no, I don't dye my hair. And no, I don't wear colored contacts, either. Eye and hair color are natural.

Kin blinked in confusion at this display of familiarity from a stranger. Then she took another look at Crocell and remembered where she'd seen him before.

"Oh, it's Albern-san's friend. I didn't recognise you without the scowl."

In truth she was actually grateful for that attitude of his. If it hadn't been for his rude (but accurate) observations, she might never have realised how selfish she was being last night.
    Krystal finally realizes who it is. Oh, yeah. It is.

Hi.
    She waves.

Crocell gives a noncommittal shrug of his shoulders. He then says, "Hey I'll have you know that girls dig that scowl, besides you weren't exactly at your most impressive yesterday and I was pretty agitated. However your friends with Carver and Snowflake over their gave a pretty passionate defense of your character. So I figured 'what the heck' why not go out on a limb? So as of now yesterday never happened. Besides if Carver likes you that's good enough for me, he's kinda my only friend."

He eats a few more pieces of cake before he starts talking again. "I never learned your names come to think of it. So allow me to introduce myself. The names Tsubasa Shiota, but I go by the name Crocell. So what are your names?"
    Kin didn't really know how to respond to such a rambling explanation. She wanted to make some sort of snappy remark, but couldn't decide which part of the behemoth to go after. In the end she admitted defeat and just gave a straight answer.

"Miura Kin."
    Doing a little victory dance in his head Crocell gives his usual smirk as he says, "Kin huh? Well it's a rather nice name. Not as extravagant as I thought it would be."
    I'm Krystal Jones.

Oh, wait...I keep forgetting it's family name first here. I mean...Jones Krystal.

This should make it obvious that she isn't actually from Japan. But, at least she's trying to remember the normal culture here and stick to it. That's always a good thing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell rubs his chin as he says, "Krystal huh? I'm guessing from our mannerisms and name that your American? Well it's always a pleasure to entertain new blood." It is at this point that Crocell seems to realize that he is almost done with his ridiculous amount of desserts. He starts eating slower as if to savor the last of this sweet experience.

"Still I'm surprised that you haven't started yelling at me yet, or flat out ignoring my presence Krystal. After all you seemed pretty steamed the other day. Oh before I forget, are you an esper Krystal? If so what do you have for a power. I think I can already guess Kin's power. I think the term human-gecko accurately describes it?"

4. - Top - End - #1024

Krystal nods a little. Yep. Moved here from Michigan a couple of months ago.

Krystal shrugs a little. What can I say? I don't like holding grudges. And you sound like you're willing to give things a second chance, so it's only fair I do as well.

Yes, I'm an Esper. I can detect, analyze, and create different kinds of electromagnetic radiation. Like radio waves, or microwaves.

She giggles at the description of Kin's powers. Yeah...I guess that's one way of putting it. She grins at Kin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell look impressed with the description of Krystal's power. He lets out a whistle as he says, "Wow, now that is a pretty cool power. Free radio and if you get to a high enough level you can produce stuff like visible light and gamma rays, maybe even higher! Heh, soon you'll be firing lasers left and right.As for me? Well I'm your basic pyromancer. I produce flames and have a resistance against them. The thing that's different about me?"

With that he gives a small demonstration as he conjures a baseball sized fireball in his hand. At first it is red, but in seconds it turns into a bright burning blue. However despite the fact that he is very close to Kin and Krystal they can't feel any heat from the fireball. "Is that I can make my flames more intense than most pyromancers can. YOu see this fireball? That right there is 1700 degrees Celcius of firepower." With a small flourish he extinguishes the fireball in his hand with a smirk on his face.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo stares for a moment. He accepted. A level three, maybe four...Esper...Had accepted. And he looked like he had done it wholeheartedly and without reservation. And so, equally wholeheartedly and without reservation, Shougo bowed his own head in gratitude.

"Thank you, Ishida-san."

It was just then that the school bell rang and lunch was dismissed, and Shougo bowed deeply again before stepping back and heading towards his economics class, tapping away on his mobile (slowly) in order to send a message to Moroe. It read: "Where are you? Have you found anything? If you have, meet in hospital after school? Please do not put yourself in danger. - Shougo". To be honest, Shougo himself did not understand why he sent this message; he was not sure he would be of much use, as Moroe was clearly much better than he was at the sort of thing she was doing right now, but he simply could not let her stand alone. That, and the fact and the thought of being kept in the dark about the dangers-Or victories-Someone was facing or achieving, respectively, on his behalf, drove him mad.

This message would have caused Moroes' phone to vibrate and beep in her pocket just after her dramatic rant.

7. - Top - End - #1027

Double post.

"...Ridiculous."

Moroe spat that word out with all the force she could muster; Which turned out to be very little. Her voice simply lacked conviction. She looked as if someone had pulled her whole world out from beneath her.

"Adachi died. That's a fact. The evidence was overwhelming."

All of that was true. There was no doubt in her mind that Adachi had indeed been killed. And yet with every passing second she looked more and more adrift. Scattered memories were assembling themselves in the forefront of her mind; Among them a certain file she'd read just two days ago.

"I know what you're about to say, and it's a-absurd. You honestly expect me to b-believe that you're a...reincarnation of the strongest Level 5 ever created? That Fuschichou Souji was just your chrysalis?"

With great difficulty, she rose to her full height and looked Adachi straight in the eye. Perhaps if she'd stayed silent this might have been seen as a sign of conviction. Her next words, though, spoke of someone engaged in a last, desperate stand against an encroaching truth.

"Well it's not going to work. Not the false rebirth, not the parlour trick with my gun, and not your damn three pages! If you think you can break me just by throwing a list of the dead in my face, then think again! My victims can't reach me any more than yours can!"
    Adachi grins wildly, and laughs.

"Nononono! The clone isn't real! He's his own thing! It's just that we broke him into itty bitty pieces! So I could live in his heeaaad But he was so strong soso strong Moroe-chaaaan! He locked me away me in a jar away from himself like it was an easy thing to do! And that's baaaad~"

He growls a bit, frowning at her continued rant.

"Noooow Morooooe-chaaaan~ I don't understand why he finds you so interesting! Three pages in his book, his itty bitty book of ideas, four people get that! And you and me are two!" At the word victims he tilts his head curiously, confused. "Victims, Moroe-chaaan? I made them better, too good for them too good for this place and they didn't understand the wonderful gifts they had gained! But it doesn't matter right now Moooorooooe because all of this can go awaaaaay, me, the clone, GATE, everything, if you just do me a teensy weensy favor! And it'll only cost you Souji's life"

He looked at her, and this time it did go to her soul.

"And what's a clone's life worth to you Moroe-chaaaan, especially a clone of meeeeee"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

For the first time since Adachi had arrived, something forced Moroe to restrain her rage and calm down. It wasn't his words, or that horrible stare, or some epiphany about tactical advantage: It was the beep which quietly came from Moroe's pocket somewhere between her rant and his.

"Nimori..."

Of course. This wasn't just about her. Left to her own devices, she was more than willing to risk death rather than giving in to Adachi. But if she did, then he might start threatening others; Like Shougo. And though she didn't really understand why, she knew that Shougo was...important. He needed to be kept safe.

So with a great effort, she regained her equilibrium (or as much as could be gained under the circumstances). For her partner's sake, she needed to at least try to resolve this situation peacefully.

"Okay, I-I'm listening. What is this 'favour' of yours? Please, tell me what the most powerful Level 5 could possibly need from a lowly Level 1 such as myself."

Crocell look impressed with the description of Krystal's power. He lets out a whistle as he says, "Wow, now that is a pretty cool power. Free radio and if you get to a high enough level you can produce stuff like visible light and gamma rays, maybe even higher! Heh, soon you'll be firing lasers left and right.As for me? Well I'm your basic pyromancer. I produce flames and have a resistance against them. The thing that's different about me?"

With that he gives a small demonstration as he conjures a baseball sized fireball in his hand. At first it is red, but in seconds it turns into a bright burning blue. However despite the fact that he is very close to Kin and Krystal they can't feel any heat from the fireball. "Is that I can make my flames more intense than most pyromancers can. YOu see this fireball? That right there is 1700 degrees Celcius of firepower." With a small flourish he extinguishes the fireball in his hand with a smirk on his face.
    Crocell's display was indeed rather impressive, but that wasn't what grabbed Kin's attention. The sly look which now adorned her face spoke of someone who'd just caught wind of something incriminating.

"A friend of Albern-san and a pyromancer, hmm? Did you by any chance visit Tokiwadai today, Shiota-san?
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-16 at 12:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1029

"Ahn~ It's simple! I want you to take me to a lab. Any one will do, so long as it's sanctioned by the leaders~"

But he looked at her with approval, a kind of sickening, disgusting approval that makes one's stomach turned.

"I'm so glad he overestimated you so much! He said it would be hard to convince you to kill him, that you wouldn't want to hurt someone for no reason~ But then again, my clone was never a very good judge of character. I wouldn't have been able to come back without you after all!~ Your three pages, your constant presence in his thoughts is what let me break through the pain the unending pain in order to see the world again! Now, shall we go?"

He gives her a mock bow, his arm extended outward. "Lead the way Moroe" he seemed to say, but his eyes said, with their deranged happiness,

"Mess up and I'll kill you where you stand."

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell stiffens at Kin's question. He then sighs with his shoulders slumping as he says, "Yeah, b-but you see we had to. I swear Azabu is trying to poison us with the slop we have to eat. Actually that statement is an insult to slop, at least prisoners can live off that stuff.

So yeah, I was the distraction for our run. I had to play the part of the...ugh lovestruck suitor and try to woo a girl and the crowd. If it went well we would have gotten away scot free as the girls would have been struck dumb by my performence. However I had the luck to encounter this frigid b*tch by the name of Fuu. Man she acted like my mere presence was a personal offense or something. Then when Carver shows up with the food she practically disintegrates it. I...kinda lost my temper, but I didn't burn anything, or anyone for that matter.

So yeah, after that little scene we beat it. Oh and don't worry we did pay for the food. After all we're not criminals or anything."
    By the end of his story Crocell is sheepishly rubbing the back of his head and chuckling nervously.

11. - Top - End - #1031

Krystal gives a nervous giggle. Well...I have to concentrate well to produce the waves. Which usually means sitting still and shutting out my surroundings.

She watches the display, clearly impressed. Wow...that's kinda cool.

Crocell's display was indeed rather impressive, but that wasn't what grabbed Kin's attention. The sly look which now adorned her face spoke of someone who'd just caught wind of something incriminating.

"A friend of Albern-san and a pyromancer, hmm? Did you by any chance visit Tokiwadai today, Shiota-san?
    Krystal looks to Kin, slightly confused. Why would you think... Then comprehension shows on her face. Ooooh...right...

Crocell stiffens at Kin's question. He then sighs with his shoulders slumping as he says, "Yeah, b-but you see we had to. I swear Azabu is trying to poison us with the slop we have to eat. Actually that statement is an insult to slop, at least prisoners can live off that stuff.

So yeah, I was the distraction for our run. I had to play the part of the...ugh lovestruck suitor and try to woo a girl and the crowd. If it went well we would have gotten away scot free as the girls would have been struck dumb by my performence. However I had the luck to encounter this frigid b*tch by the name of Fuu. Man she acted like my mere presence was a personal offense or something. Then when Carver shows up with the food she practically disintegrates it. I...kinda lost my temper, but I didn't burn anything, or anyone for that matter.

So yeah, after that little scene we beat it. Oh and don't worry we did pay for the food. After all we're not criminals or anything."
    By the end of his story Crocell is sheepishly rubbing the back of his head and chuckling nervously.
    You know...there's probably a few better options you could have taken. Like bringing your own food. Or...well... Krystal gestures to the area around them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Maybe, but this place is a bit out of the way. Plus there is the fact that while I come from a fairly wealthy family and can afford to eat out like this everyday, others my want to save their money for something less frivolous. As for bringing my own lunch? I did that for a while, but then I got tired of turkey sandwiches everyday. That and I started sleeping in later due to late night study sessions, so when I wake up I barely have time for a shower and breakfast."

Crocell shrugs his shoulders at the end of his explaination. He then bridges his fingers together and lays his chin on top as he says, "So what do you ladies do for fun? After all even Ojou-sama's can't be all work and no play."

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

"Me? I climb things."

Kin, who hadn't liked that 'human gecko' comment, was rapidly losing patience with Crocell. However, she held her tongue because Krystal seemed to be enjoying herself. Still, her answer was decidedly terser than usual, considering it concerned a subject very dear to her heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Ahn~ It's simple! I want you to take me to a lab. Any one will do, so long as it's sanctioned by the leaders~"

But he looked at her with approval, a kind of sickening, disgusting approval that makes one's stomach turned.

"I'm so glad he overestimated you so much! He said it would be hard to convince you to kill him, that you wouldn't want to hurt someone for no reason~ But then again, my clone was never a very good judge of character. I wouldn't have been able to come back without you after all!~ Your three pages, your constant presence in his thoughts is what let me break through the pain the unending pain in order to see the world again! Now, shall we go?"

He gives her a mock bow, his arm extended outward. "Lead the way Moroe" he seemed to say, but his eyes said, with their deranged happiness,

"Mess up and I'll kill you where you stand."
    In the wake of that explanation, Moroe was reminded exactly why she'd been trying not to listen. Nothing about it made any sense. But then, it didn't need to make sense. The whole thing was just the ramblings of a sadistic madman, playing yet another ridiculous game.

"...Fine. There's one quite close."

And so Moroe set off towards the second nearest lab she knew (the first being Kojima's). She didn't try to comprehend anything that Adachi had said about Souji, nor did she point out that he was clearly lying (or delusional) about needing her to act as a guide. Instead she simply obeyed and took him, without comment, to a place which he could easily have found and reached without her. If that was what it took to end this, then so be it.

It wasn't long before the two of them were standing before a nondescript tower in an equally nondescript area. Her task completed, Moroe halted and extended an arm towards it (in a subtle mockery of Adachi's earlier gesture).

"We're here. One government-sanctioned lab, as requested."

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell, being very familiar with signs of irritation as he induced them on an almost daily basis, say that Kin was agitated and was trying to figure out what he said that set her off. While he was thinking about that he nodded and said, "Climbing huh? Do mean like climbing trees and stuff or do you mean more extreme things like rock climbing? If it's the former then your power must be a huge advantage."

He was rubbing the back of his head nervously as he tried to figure out how to get back on her good side. After all the last thing he was trying to do was have Carver torn between two groups of friends with animosity between them. He respected the guy too much.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Even though she was trying to be polite, Kin couldn't help but roll her eyes a little at such a blatant attempt to curry favour. She really didn't want to spoil Krystal's outing, but there was something about the way this boy acted that just rubbed her the wrong way.

"More like skyscrapers. My power may have a lot of limitations, but it's got a very strong grip."

16. - Top - End - #1036

Krystal can sense that Kin doesn't seem to be enjoying Crocell's company. Though, she doesn't think it's as bad as it actually is.

Me, I pretty much just study, and hang out with Kin. That's about it.

Before yesterday, it was just study. She seems to have taken a fast liking to Kin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell leans back in his seat as he listens to Krystal and tries to figure out just what he did wrong. Bah, she probably was just crabby from something that happened at school. "Just study huh? Well it seems Kin gave you something else to do then. I'm into boxing myself, my dad hired a private tutor for me because I kept getting beaten up because of my......height." he says with his right eye twitching and a grimace on his face.

""So I learned boxing in order to defend myself. I'm pretty good at it actually. My tutor decided that I was good enough and stopped teaching about 3 years ago. I still kept practicing though. However my true hobby is parkour and freerunning." As he says this an immense grin comes over his face as he looks to be recalling a good time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tobio has a smile on his face as he returns to class. He made a friend today! His first friend at Onizuka as a matter of fact. Throughput the day that smile remained on Tobio's face as he returned to class to take notes. The rest of his schoolday passed in a flash. Even the dull buzz of the teachers voices seemed to have faded.

18. - Top - End - #1038

"Me? I climb things."

Kin, who hadn't liked that 'human gecko' comment, was rapidly losing patience with Crocell. However, she held her tongue because Krystal seemed to be enjoying herself. Still, her answer was decidedly terser than usual, considering it concerned a subject very dear to her heart.

In the wake of that explanation, Moroe was reminded exactly why she'd been trying not to listen. Nothing about it made any sense. But then, it didn't need to make sense. The whole thing was just the ramblings of a sadistic madman, playing yet another ridiculous game.

"...Fine. There's one quite close."

And so Moroe set off towards the second nearest lab she knew (the first being Kojima's). She didn't try to comprehend anything that Adachi had said about Souji, nor did she point out that he was clearly lying (or delusional) about needing her to act as a guide. Instead she simply obeyed and took him, without comment, to a place which he could easily have found and reached without her. If that was what it took to end this, then so be it.

It wasn't long before the two of them were standing before a nondescript tower in an equally nondescript area. Her task completed, Moroe halted and extended an arm towards it (in a subtle mockery of Adachi's earlier gesture).

"We're here. One government-sanctioned lab, as requested."
    Adachi giggles. "Oooooh you don't even care? Ahn~ Souji overestimated you so much"

He shakes his head, and flings open the door.

"ADACHI SOUJI; GRANTED. PROJECT: PHOENIX, BROUGHT UP."

A body appears in the middle of the lab, floating in a tube of green. A body that looks exactly like the boy standing in front of it, with the mad, mad grin. His head turns to the side, and the eyes barely catch Moroe's.

"Did he hurt you that much? Good. Clones aren't worth the time anyways."

He flings a switch, and a helmet begins to descend. Turning all the way around, he opens his arms wide, a high-pitched, maddening laugh and grins at the girl as the helmet descends, as the boy is locked on a platform that ascends from the ground.

"And now... finally, I return! And now, you get the pleasure of witnessing that clone's final moments! Say your goodbyes...?"

Souji blinks, staring at the girl outside. "M-m-moroe-san? Wh-where am I?" It's... different. He's not lively, almost half asleep, his eyes fluttering open and closed. "I... I can't move..."

A half smile covers his face, and he looks up at the ceiling, closing his eyes as the helmet descends.

"Heh... I should've known... Moroe-san wouldn't want me around her... just like the rest of them, right? My apologies for wasting so much of your time, Moroe-san."

He clenches his fists as the helmet falls on his head, and his eyes open, wild.

"Well then... better make the best of it!"

A spark. A single spark ignites in his hand, and he grins at Moroe, for the last time, winking at the girl who made the decision that ended him.

"Hey, Ishimaru Moroe. Do me a favor, will ya?"

The spark flies.

"Live."

It hits the helmet, and the process activates, wrenching a roaring scream from the boy in the chair.

Or is it the boy in the tank?

It stops for a second, and the boy(s?) gasp for air.

"No..."

And it restarts, blasting the energy through the room, the sheer, indignant, power in the energy, wrenches open the electric boy's mouth, a shout of pain erupting from his lips.

And no one is coming.

Why isn't anyone coming?

He's so loud.

Why won't anyone help?

The screaming stopped for a second, and the boy looks at the girl, a faint hint of a smile in his eyes.

"Ara... What're you still doing here Moroe-san? Go home. Live."

And the screaming started again, and his eyes glow - that same shade of blue as his lightning. His body, tinged with a faint shade of blue, and he stares at the girl in horror.

"...I don't want to go."

And then the world broke, and the boy looked as though he was ripped out of his seat, his skin shining - brighter and brighter and brighter, god how could you look at it?

And then the light vanished, and the boy stared blankly at the girl, devoid of all emotions.

And once more, Moroe was forced to acknowledge exactly how silver Souji's eyes were. But without any hint of emotion, they were like deep, deep silver pools, empty of any and everything. "Ahn~"

The boy in the tank stretched, and the number on his chest flutter. 10032. He was taller than Souji, much taller, much older. But a chill would run down anyone's spine when they looked in his eyes. They were mad, a haunting, deep madness that no one could face.

"Ch. I'm disappointed in you, Ishimaru Moroe. You killed a clone today. How does it feel, knowing someone died so you could fulfill your dreams?"

Adachi threw back his head and laughed, long, deep, guttural. He was back - not in that meaningless half existence that he lived in before, when he was trapped inside Souji's mind.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-02-17 at 02:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ara... What're you still doing here Moroe-san? Go home. Live."
    "I intend to; Just as soon as I'm sure that you're dead."

There was no compassion in Moroe's voice; No forgiveness; And most definitely no guilt. The only three emotions she felt right now were relief at this nightmare finally being over, satisfaction at seeing her mortal enemy dying in agony before her eyes, and regret at not really being responsible for his death. Adachi had tried to claim that she was somehow the cause of it, but it was obvious that, in reality, she'd done nothing.

If this had happened earlier, perhaps there would have been some cause for doubt. She might have looked into that smiling face and wondered whether she'd misjudged Souji; Whether he was just a lost soul who'd simply been trying to connect with another human being. She'd have thought back to that night outside her house, when he'd claimed to be her friend and vowed to protect her from GATE, and how sincere he'd seemed. But no, that illusion had been shattered beyond repair the very next night, when he'd tried to kill her. Thanks to that, she now knew for certain that he was nothing more than an enemy. That smile no longer had any power to deceive her.

And then the world broke, and the boy looked as though he was ripped out of his seat, his skin shining - brighter and brighter and brighter, god how could you look at it?

And then the light vanished, and the boy stared blankly at the girl, devoid of all emotions.

And once more, Moroe was forced to acknowledge exactly how silver Souji's eyes were. But without any hint of emotion, they were like deep, deep silver pools, empty of any and everything. "Ahn~"

The boy in the tank stretched, and the number on his chest flutter. 10032. He was taller than Souji, much taller, much older. But a chill would run down anyone's spine when they looked in his eyes. They were mad, a haunting, deep madness that no one could face.

"Ch. I'm disappointed in you, Ishimaru Moroe. You killed a clone today. How does it feel, knowing someone died so you could fulfill your dreams?"

Adachi threw back his head and laughed, long, deep, guttural. He was back - not in that meaningless half existence that he lived in before, when he was trapped inside Souji's mind.
    And then it was over. Moroe blinked rapidly, still half-blinded by the burst of light, from which she'd refused to look away. Adachi was standing before her. She couldn't really see him yet, but she could feel him. The aura this man possessed was truly incredible. Moroe shivered a little, suddenly feeling very cold. When he spoke, she felt compelled to answer, with a voice that possessed more than a little trepidation, but still lacked even a trace of guilt.

"I didn't kill him. I wish I had, but I didn't."

20. - Top - End - #1040

"Wrong."

That one word. That one word could shatter worlds.

"The clone was working perfectly, he had held me off! Me! He held off my consciousness through force of will Ishimaru Moroe. You couldn't do that. But then he met you."

The sheer distaste he threw into the word would knock most people back.

"You broke just a little piece of that wall that held me back. Just a small piece. And that's all I needed, Ishimaru Moroe! Just a piece, and I could get through, and slowly, ever so sloooowly, break him again."

He laughed again, coldhearted and disgusted. With Moroe. With the slate on the platform.

"He's not dead - well, technically anyway. He's a blank slate now! And I can do anythiiiing I want to him. Take away his eyes and see how his ability functions. Remove an arm to see if it fluxuates his electricity. Remove parts of the brain, see what makes him tick. He's finally a proper clone, and he might never be able to go back to normal! It's faaascinaating."

He's staring eerily at Souji, and he licks his lips, then sighs and turns away.

"But I won't. You get to keep him. Safe? Doesn't matter. But he has to be alive, Ishimaru Moroe. Because if he dies? I'll knoooow~ And your world will break worse than his did! And then I'd have two free slates!"

Souji stared blankly at the air.

"Go on slate! Wake up!"

He stirred a bit.

"Up up! Time to go meet your new master, Clone-chan!"

The slate blinked. "2796 looks around his surroundings in an effort to establish some sort of perimeter connection."

Adachi shrieks with delight, and taps the slate's nose. "Splendid! I do hope his ability still works! He always had this ridiculous theory - that your Personal Reality was a reflection of how you saw the sky. Can you imagine that, Ishimaru Moroe?" The man laughs, wiping away a tear.

"He explained it once - to thin air, mind you. It was shortly after he met you, and he spouted out this theory. "When I look at the sky, I see a million little lights, a billion possibilities. But I think that when 'Adachi' looked up at the sky, he saw something to be owned and destroyed. I see lights and possibilities, sparks of life. A spark like... like electricity. He saw calculated destruction."."

The mimicry was uncanny, almost identical to Souji's voice. And the laugh returned, as did the tears of laughter.

"What an idiot."

That simple sentence summed up everything Adachi had to say about Fuschichou Souji.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

The small amount of composure which Moroe had managed to build up evaporated instantly. All pretence abandoned, she stared at Adachi in pure, open mouthed shock.

"...Keep him? Y-you want me to take him with me?"

Moroe wanted to argue. She wanted to point out everything that was wrong with this situation. But every time she tried, no sound came out. There was something about the atmosphere that made objection unthinkable. Even as she tried to muster up some resistance, she felt her feet moving forward to stand in front of 2796. She honestly had no idea how to look at this...thing. It had Souji's body, but it didn't feel like him. 'Blank slate' really did seem like the best description for it. After staring for what seemed like ages, she very hesitantly tried addressing the clone.

"Erm, hello? D-do you know who I am? If so I'd...I'd like you to follow me. Can you do that?"

22. - Top - End - #1042

The slate stirs again, and looks at Moroe. "2796 acknowledges the girl and gives her its identification code, saying "Hello, I am Souji 2796.""

Adachi prods it. "My apologies Ishimaru Moroe, I have to give you access! And Soon I'll need to design the final clone, the one that controls the rest of them! Ahn, I can't waaaait~"

The clone stirs again, and stands amicably before Moroe, waiting her command.

And Moroe knew three things from this event.

One: She now had an incredibly powerful clone at her disposal, judging from Souji's previous uses of his ability.

Two: She may have actually killed Souji.

Three: The sound effect 'Ahn' (Usually used by couples to feed each other) would be forever ruined thanks to the good Doctor.

"2796 further acknowledges Ishimaru-san's commands to follow her, and patiently awaits further orders."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

Confusion reigned supreme in Moroe's mind. In the space of a few minutes Fuschichou Souji had gone from being her most hated enemy to her most loyal (and only) slave. Okay, so '2796' wasn't actually the Souji she'd known before, but it was still an incredibly unsettling event. She needed time to process all this and draw up a way of dealing with it. But first, she needed to get out of this building and away from Adachi.

"Okay, so, if that's all, I'll just be going..."

Assuming that she was indeed allowed to go, she'd then make a hasty exit along with her new clone. While ethically speaking she should have been more concerned about the revival of Academy City's most powerful Level 5, for some reason that didn't seem like a high priority right now.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Halfling in the Playground

Darius is now heading towards a place to eat.
    Hollow is also heading towards a place toe eat.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-02-21 at 11:07 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

Confusion reigned supreme in Moroe's mind. In the space of a few minutes Fuschichou Souji had gone from being her most hated enemy to her most loyal (and only) slave. Okay, so '2796' wasn't actually the Souji she'd known before, but it was still an incredibly unsettling event. She needed time to process all this and draw up a way of dealing with it. But first, she needed to get out of this building and away from Adachi.

"Okay, so, if that's all, I'll just be going..."

Assuming that she was indeed allowed to go, she'd then make a hasty exit along with her new clone. While ethically speaking she should have been more concerned about the revival of Academy City's most powerful Level 5, for some reason that didn't seem like a high priority right now.
    The clone follows obediently, its face utterly complacent. Adachi whistles a tune as he waltzes around the lab, enjoying his new life.

He'd lied to Moroe. It wasn't surprising, to be honest.

2796 was a blank slate. But slates can be written on, remade, or redrawn.

Soujis could be remade. It was a possibility, an infinitesimally small one, but a possibility none the less.

"Souji looks around, searching for any possible followers. He cannot see any within his gaze, "Is everything alright Ishimaru-sama?" He asks, in an effort to convince his master to diverge what worries her."

...Yeah. That's gonna take some getting used to.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe paused in mid-step, then spun around to face 2796. Her expression could best be described as 'confused bordering on manic'.

"No, everything is most certainly not all right. In case you hadn't noticed, I've just become responsible for the welfare a second hand clone. What am I supposed to do with you? Kami, I don't even know what you're supposed to be.

Are you a real person? Do you have free will? Should I treat you like a servant? An innocent victim? Or just a piece of equipment, like my drones? Where should I keep you? Do you need the same standards of living as I do, or can you just be shut in a cupboard during the off hours? Should I test to see if there's anything left of the 'old' you, or leave well alone?
    "

At this point she ran out of breath, and had to stop for a rest. Unsurprisingly, the list of questions this situation provoked far exceeded her lung capacity.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-02-18 at 03:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047

"Souji perplexedly stares at Moroe, unsure of how to respond to her questions."

The entire sentence is said with a deadpan, despite Souji tilting his head slightly to the left.

"Souji bites his lip, before finally responding. "I require nourishment, as well as a place to sleep. Anything more than that is left up to your discretion, Ishimaru-sama." He finishes his statement, satisfied that Ishimaru-sama would understand."

The eyes are the worst. Those unmoving, unflinching eyes. They don't dance, like Souji's did. Hell they don't even move.

Of course, there was one thing Moroe didn't consider in her frantic movement.

Adachi hasn't had time to call off the manhunt on Souji yet.

And Judgement just got several hundred calls stating that Astraphobia was in the company of 'some girl'.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-02-18 at 07:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Halfling in the Playground

Darius
    Darius is once again training. Training. More Training. Training. Notious barfing snakes.
    Robot
    Hollow is currently walking along in the less clean area of AC, looking for a place to make a base.
    Yenreit
    Yenreit wakes up, having fainted to do not eating enough. He begins to walk home.

[OOC] what day is it [OOC]
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-03-20 at 08:30 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

"Souji perplexedly stares at Moroe, unsure of how to respond to her questions."

The entire sentence is said with a deadpan, despite Souji tilting his head slightly to the left.

"Souji bites his lip, before finally responding. "I require nourishment, as well as a place to sleep. Anything more than that is left up to your discretion, Ishimaru-sama." He finishes his statement, satisfied that Ishimaru-sama would understand."
    Moroe gave a hollow laugh.

"My discretion. Food and sleep are in the manual, but the question of whether you have a soul is left to my discretion. This city really is rotten to the core.

Come on, let's go. I'll show you your new home.
    "

She turned away and started walking in the direction of her distant house. However, she only got five steps before she jerked to a halt again. With a sinking feeling, she realised that she'd forgotten something. Something very important.

"Nimori! I never answered his message. The poor idiot must be worried sick!"

Now even more frantic than before, she fumbled for her phone and brought up the text history.

"Where are you? Have you found anything? If you have, meet in hospital after school? Please do not put yourself in danger. - Shougo"
    Yes, that was about what she'd expected it to say. She started walking again, while at the same time tapping out a reply.

[I'm fine. Making strong progress. Hospital meeting okay. Wait for me there.]

"Change of plans. We're going to meet a...friend of mine first. Hopefully by the time we get there I'll have thought of a cover story for you..."

30. - Top - End - #1050

"Souji is silent throughout Ishimaru-sama's speech, unsure of what to say. Ishimaru-sama seems to have a talent for invoking this emotion in him. He brightens up at the possibility of being useful to Ishimaru-sama, "I could be a cousin or a friend newly entered in Academy City," he says, hoping she will deem his idea acceptable."

[Adachi]

An army. That's what he needed. Not a brave, strong, courageous army. No. Never that. He needed an army without fear.

Hee hee.

Hoo hoo.

Ha ha.

Clones were great - he had hundreds of them. But Souji had been the only one who was anywhere near useful - the rest could never raise their level past three. But the abilities - all varied, none the same.

It was spectacular. He just needed a leader.