New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Moroe grunted non-committally.

"Hmm, maybe. Either way, you'll have to avoid talking when around him. I'll just say that you have a sore throat or something.

Why do you talk like that, anyway? Not that there's anything wrong with it, exactly. It's just that, well, it's a bit surreal.
    "

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Souji pauses in his step momentarily, considering what Ishimaru-sama has said. "I have never really considered it something surreal," he states, once again confused by Ishimaru-sama. "It is simply the way we are originally programmed to speak, in order to be better disassociated from ourselves so that Adachi-sama could easily remove our consciousness." He finishes his statement, satisfied that Ishimaru-sama will understand his reasoning."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe's shoulders slumped slightly as she walked, and she sighed gently.

"Oh yes, I understand all right. It must be so much easier to govern when your subordinates barely even understand the concept of disloyalty. No need to build trust, give incentives or work for the common good; Just grow them in a tank and set them going. Perfect little puppets, all in a row.

And now I have one too: A loyal marionette that lives only to serve me; Bound to obey my every command until the day it dies. Lucky me...
    "

4. - Top - End - #1054

"Souji stares at Ishimaru-sama, completely and totally lost. "Ishimaru-sama, you mean you believe what Adachi-sama told you? I make my own decisions, and my decision is that you are my master." He seems incredibly bothered by Ishimaru-sama's statement as they continue walking. "But the rest of it is up to you, Ishimaru-sama. Will you be a good master? Or will you order me to do what you wish, even if it is wrong?" He finishes his statement, slightly sickened by the cheesiness of his words and by the hollowness it echoes."

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ettin in the Playground

For what felt like the fifth time, Moroe stopped dead in her tracks. She then spun on her heel 180 degrees, so as to allow 2796 to see the shock that was now written all over her face.

"...What? What? You're saying that you do have free will? That you could choose not to serve me if you wanted? But, but, then...why haven't you done that? I'm not a trusted friend who's earned that sort of loyalty; I'm some random stranger you've only known for twenty minutes. Adachi just woke you up, pointed me out and told you that I was your new master. Why would anyone choose to follow such an insane command?"

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo was about to actually call Moroe when he received her message. Ten minutes was an awfully long time to respond for someone like her, and he feared that she was caught up in something dangerous outside school. He certainly hadn't seen her around and he was actually contemplating asking around to see if anyone had seen her (a frightening prospect for someone like Shougo). It was to his great relief when she finally replied, heaving an audible sigh on relief in his chair even as his teacher scolded him fiercely for texting in class. So she was okay, although he was still unsure if she was in school. Not only that, but she said 'making strong progress'. A lump in his stomach formed as he thought of 'getting even' with Daisuke; he had thought of it for so long, but he hadn't really thought of what he was going to do, exactly. Well, not like it mattered, anyway-Moroe was going to deal with it. With that, he put his head down and tried his best to understand what his teacher was trying to teach.

((OOC: School is over nao? That okay?))

When school was over, Shougo yawned-Today had been a taxing day, both in body and in mind, and despite his general aversion to laxity, he was eager for some respite even if it was in a hospital bed. He just hoped that his mother wouldn't give him too much trouble about it. And so he set off back to the hospital, taking pains (sometimes literally) to avoid being seen until he was safely back in his hospital room. Closing the door slowly behind him, he heaved a short sigh of relief until he turned around...

Two people were already in the room-People who were unfamiliar to Shougo, though not unfamiliar to Moroe. Kamakura Kouta and Ashikaga Daisuke, who immediately made a motion of shushing to Shougo, attempting to calm him down.

"Don't worry, Nimori-We're not here for you. We're just here to have a chat with Ishimaru Moroe-Don't worry! We're more here to help her, than anything else."

"But-"

"We already know, Nimori. Or at least, highly suspect. In any case, you really shouldn't be out of bed, it'll aggravate your wound and make it take longer to heal. Although, reading your profile report, it's hardly likely that you'll heed my advice at all..."

And Moroe would see them when she got around to Shougo's room-She might note the dark look on Kensuke's face as they both sat quietly in their chairs. They were waiting for her, no doubt, and judging from the frantic look Shougo would have given her, he was not privy to prior knowledge of their arrival. When she spotted them, or to be more precise, when they spotted Souji, both of them almost leapt out of their seats, until seeing his strange posture and stance.

"Dude, Rei...Is that..."

"Ishimaru. We need to talk...That video we received just a few hours ago was sent by you, right?...And might I ask why you have a wanted criminal in tow?"

((OOC: Damnit, Ninja'd.))
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-02-19 at 12:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell's Judgement headset comes to life as a call comes in just after he tells the girls about how he loves parkour and freerunning. He puts in on and listens in. His eyes widen as he hears it and abruptly stands up, his utensil clattering against his plate. He then looks towards them as he says, "Gotta go, it's Astraphobia again. Not letting him get away this time!" He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out his Judgement band and slips it over his head and around his neck. He then runs out of the dessert shop and through the streets of Academy City, sticking mostly to the alleys.

He nimbly bounds off walls, quickly vaults fences, and climbs walls to get to Astraphobia's destination quickly.
    Oh, okay then. Krystal watches Crocell take off on his mission.

Once he's gone, she turns to Kin. So, what do you have against him?
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-02-20 at 11:21 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #1058

Krystal smirks a little. Aw, I thought Gecko was kinda cute.

I do agree with the arrogance, though. A little bit too much.

Still, Krystal didn't dislike him. Not somebody she'd seek out to spend time with, but not somebody she'd avoid, either.

So, do you know much about this Astraphobia guy?
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-02-20 at 11:25 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: Oh dear. This is turning into a mess, aka a massive multibrawl.
    None of the people fighting Souji who know him, should desire to engage him alone in all honesty. In fact I think in Judgement's ranks, even if you're the same strength or stronger, one should avoid engaging other Espers in open combat without backup, which is exactly what Crocell is doing. And Darius...What? You want to fight what is clearly a very powerful Electromaster with snakes?

Also damn I don't know what into do now.))

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Halfling in the Playground

Current Identity Yenreit[/SIZE]
    I don't know what to do with mystery person until Terry decides what posts to delete.
    Darius
    Darius has arrived at the restaraunt, where he begins to eat food, specifically some takoyaki as an apetizer and two T-bone steaks (half of the second goes to the snakes who havn't aten yet). He is hungry after all. While eating he notices a number of Judgment officers rushing out of the building.
    Robot
    Hollow is eating cake at the store (the one Crocell and darius are at). It's eating all the cake. It has just bought its mass in cake form and eaten it in about fifteen minutes minutes, converting sugar and nutrients into power and the rest into a small compact block similar to poo for excretion. Its entire body mass in cake.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-02-21 at 11:15 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

To all players in this RP. The last few posts in this thread have been heavily discussed and a few of us have agreed to retcon them. For continued playing please refer to the post by Anyr at 2/19/12 9:44 AM.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-20 at 02:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Double Post)

Crocell, having forgotten to turn on his Judgement headset after he skipped out on school does not hear the call for Astraphobia. Instead he is starting to sweat a little at the piercing yet cool look that Kin is giving him. With a sigh he figures to himself that he may as well do something to salvage this sinking ship.

He looks at Kin and says, "Look i can see your annoyed at me so lets come clean. I don't have any friends except for Carver. I happened to come across you guys so I figured eh why not. Now that I actually talked to you guys, I can see that you two are pretty cool. I know that I'm not the best person to hang around. I don't know how to interact with other people too well. I seem to naturally offend people with my presence. I'm sorry for any foot in mouth disease I may have contracted. While speaking and... *sigh* I'm sorry and...can we start over please. I honestly don't know what to say or do." He genuinely seems to be uncomfortable and confused. He is shifting a little in his seat.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tobio looks over the school plaza as he tries to find his new friend Shougo. However he is unable to find the small boy, he most likely left immediately after school. Sighing at having missed his new friend Tobio straps on his skates and leaves the school. He looks down at the ground as he skates along. Where was Ishimaru-sempai anyway? She wasn't at school at all today. He grabs a light post to slingshot around a street corner and continue on his way. He then tries to find something to do to occupy his time.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-21 at 10:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

Coming clean been a good move by Crocell. Had he continued to try and plough his way through the conversation, he'd have quickly found a near-impenetrable wall of ice blocking his way. But thanks to a little honesty, that ice very rapidly melted away. Kin, always a sucker for a little soul baring, gave him a genuinely encouraging smile and decided that he'd earned another chance.

"Fine, let's start over: Hello, I'm Miura Kin, and I'm a girl, not a gecko. Nice to meet you."

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell lets out a sigh of relief as he smiles as well and reaches out and shakes Kin's hand, "My name is Shiota Tsubasa, but everyone calls me Crocell. It's a pleasure to meet you Kin-san." Crocell indeed looked like he was truly relieved. He sometimes had problems being honest with even himself and his lack of social skills did not help. However he felt that he was really making progress. Plus the though that he had managed to correct his mistakes and save a possible friendship was a...different feeling, but hey he could get used to it. Of course he couldn't let himself get too soft.

He lets go of her hand as he says, "So Skyscraper climbing huh? I don't think I could do that myself, me and high altitudes to not get along. However the fact that you can do it with ease kinda reminds me of that comic book hero. What was his name umm...Spider-Man! That was it! All you need is some super strength and you would be one awesome hero. Of course I would be the Human Torch and..." He thinks for a moment trying to decide what comic book hero would fit Krystal best. After a few seconds of thinking he says, "Well is she could learn to shoot visible light from her eyes she could play a mean Cyclops."

(OOC: Oh, umm are the actual real world comics allowed to be in this setting?)
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-21 at 07:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Halfling in the Playground

[QUOTE=LibrarianHuntar;12755394]Current Identity Yenreit[/SIZE]
    I don't know what to do with Yenreit until Terry decides what posts to delete. Still. Nargh.
    Darius
    Darius, finished eating, has begun wandering the city, tying to remember were the nearest Judgement outpost is.
    [OOC] Where should he go if he wants to join Judgement?
    Robot
    Hollow begins walking to his table, carrying a two metre tall mound of cake. "Hm," thinks Hollow, "according to my wi-fi the cake is a lie." Portal music plays"Humans are indeed strange." he remarks, beginning to insert cake into his mounth.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-02-22 at 09:44 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    For what felt like the fifth time, Moroe stopped dead in her tracks. She then spun on her heel 180 degrees, so as to allow 2796 to see the shock that was now written all over her face.

"...What? What? You're saying that you do have free will? That you could choose not to serve me if you wanted? But, but, then...why haven't you done that? I'm not a trusted friend who's earned that sort of loyalty; I'm some random stranger you've only known for twenty minutes. Adachi just woke you up, pointed me out and told you that I was your new master. Why would anyone choose to follow such an insane command?"
    "Souji stares at his Master with confusion written on his face again. "Adachi-sama would not lie. He would only allow control over a clone to a good master who has our best interests at heart master." Souji states, confident in his reasoning."

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe didn't even try to point out everything that was wrong with that explanation. Instead she just sighed, turned around and started walking again. It would take time and effort to break through such deeply rooted conditioning; Not a quick conversation as they rushed to keep an appointment.

"Come on. Let's not keep Nimori waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shougo was about to actually call Moroe when he received her message. Ten minutes was an awfully long time to respond for someone like her, and he feared that she was caught up in something dangerous outside school. He certainly hadn't seen her around and he was actually contemplating asking around to see if anyone had seen her (a frightening prospect for someone like Shougo). It was to his great relief when she finally replied, heaving an audible sigh on relief in his chair even as his teacher scolded him fiercely for texting in class. So she was okay, although he was still unsure if she was in school. Not only that, but she said 'making strong progress'. A lump in his stomach formed as he thought of 'getting even' with Daisuke; he had thought of it for so long, but he hadn't really thought of what he was going to do, exactly. Well, not like it mattered, anyway-Moroe was going to deal with it. With that, he put his head down and tried his best to understand what his teacher was trying to teach.

((OOC: School is over nao? That okay?))

When school was over, Shougo yawned-Today had been a taxing day, both in body and in mind, and despite his general aversion to laxity, he was eager for some respite even if it was in a hospital bed. He just hoped that his mother wouldn't give him too much trouble about it. And so he set off back to the hospital, taking pains (sometimes literally) to avoid being seen until he was safely back in his hospital room. Closing the door slowly behind him, he heaved a short sigh of relief until he turned around...

Two people were already in the room-People who were unfamiliar to Shougo, though not unfamiliar to Moroe. Kamakura Kouta and Ashikaga Daisuke, who immediately made a motion of shushing to Shougo, attempting to calm him down.

"Don't worry, Nimori-We're not here for you. We're just here to have a chat with Ishimaru Moroe-Don't worry! We're more here to help her, than anything else."

"But-"

"We already know, Nimori. Or at least, highly suspect. In any case, you really shouldn't be out of bed, it'll aggravate your wound and make it take longer to heal. Although, reading your profile report, it's hardly likely that you'll heed my advice at all..."

And Moroe would see them when she got around to Shougo's room-She might note the dark look on Kensuke's face as they both sat quietly in their chairs. They were waiting for her, no doubt, and judging from the frantic look Shougo would have given her, he was not privy to prior knowledge of their arrival. When she spotted them, or to be more precise, when they spotted Souji, both of them almost leapt out of their seats, until seeing his strange posture and stance.

"Dude, Rei...Is that..."

"Ishimaru. We need to talk...That video we received just a few hours ago was sent by you, right?...And might I ask why you have a wanted criminal in tow?"
    It was a good thing that Shougo was clearly okay, or the intruders might not have had a chance to speak at all. Moroe's eyes flicked from Kouta to Kensuke and back again, giving them a glare which looked as if it could burn through sheet metal. Oddly, she didn't seem at all surprised to see them; Well, odd to those who didn't know about the precautions she'd set up.

Moroe had had a lot of unpleasant surprises lately. She'd been attacked, extorted, interrogated, complimented and given a clone, to name only a few. So right now she was extremely grateful that her watcher drone had warned her about the surprise which awaited her behind Shougo's door. Thanks to that, she knew in advance that her partner was in there with Kensuke and Kouta, thus letting her skip shock altogether, and go straight on to rage. And of course, she had a surprise of her own in tow, which had produced a satisfying jump from the two intruders. She greeted them in a voice that simmered with barely suppressed fury.

"Gentlemen, I think we should step outside. Nimori needs his rest, and I'd hate to see him disturbed."

18. - Top - End - #1068

Of course, Souji stood next to Moroe, that blank look covering his face.

"Souji observes the two as they leap out of their chairs in bemusement. "Master, shall I engage them in combat? They appear to mean you harm." He says, ready for battle at her command."

19. - Top - End - #1069

Crocell lets out a sigh of relief as he smiles as well and reaches out and shakes Kin's hand, "My name is Shiota Tsubasa, but everyone calls me Crocell. It's a pleasure to meet you Kin-san." Crocell indeed looked like he was truly relieved. He sometimes had problems being honest with even himself and his lack of social skills did not help. However he felt that he was really making progress. Plus the though that he had managed to correct his mistakes and save a possible friendship was a...different feeling, but hey he could get used to it. Of course he couldn't let himself get too soft.

He lets go of her hand as he says, "So Skyscraper climbing huh? I don't think I could do that myself, me and high altitudes to not get along. However the fact that you can do it with ease kinda reminds me of that comic book hero. What was his name umm...Spider-Man! That was it! All you need is some super strength and you would be one awesome hero. Of course I would be the Human Torch and..." He thinks for a moment trying to decide what comic book hero would fit Krystal best. After a few seconds of thinking he says, "Well is she could learn to shoot visible light from her eyes she could play a mean Cyclops."

(OOC: Oh, umm are the actual real world comics allowed to be in this setting?)
    ((Well, since is a huge fan of them, and tends to always have a couple in her school bag, I'd say yes.))

Krystal grins a little when Crocell starts mentioning comics. Nah, I don't think I could be Cyclops. I mean, I don't think the light I'd make would be red. And it's more likely to come from my hands. And I don't think it'd hit people like a freight train.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Pixie in the Playground

Kensukes' face immediately darkened as he glanced meaningfully at Kouta, who sighed and forcibly relaxed himself, his mind singularly focused on the task at hand-Speaking to Moroe.

"That didn't sound right..."

"I know. You should...Probably stay here, Ken. If that is okay with you, Nimori-san, you two probably have things to discuss."

"Ah...Well, of course, A...Ashikaga-san. You may stay here. Do not worry, senpai...I am not in immediate need of rest just yet."

Shougo clearly looked nervous at the thought of being in the same room as one of the same apparent lineage as his hated foe, but that being said-He felt that there was something to be gained, to be learned, here. Shougo fancied himself as being fairly decent at being able to read body language; and from what Kensuke had displayed thus far, he was most certainly not cast from the same mold as Daisuke. Despite this, however, he was noting Soujis' ...Vaguely familiar appearance in the back of his head, trying to reconcile his incredibly unnatural manner of moving (and speaking) with people that he had encountered before and failing. Still, he had seen his face before...Somewhere.

"And Ken, I know you're having a hard time with things as it is, and I'd really rather not have another argument with you right here and now. It may be best that he explain it to you. And of course, Ishimaru-san-Right this way."

Shougo looked sheepish as they left the room sans Kensuke, and turned a corner into a secluded alcove. It was ...Peacefully quiet here, on the fifth floor, and there was a few chairs and a table overlooking the courtyard below. There was a brief silence as Kouta pondered on what to say, the silence broken only by (very) distant chatter from people a number of floors below. The afternoon sun streamed in through the clear glass window, shadowing Kouta's face as he finally spoke, resting his chin on steepled fingers.

"It was you who sent us that video anonymously, wasn't it?"

He paused briefly, before hastily interrupting Moroes' response, waving his hands placatingly and pulling out an IPad which, upon which, a few taps of the screen later, a video of what appeared to be a savage beating, hidden largely by the cover of night, appearing on the screen.

"Hold on! I'm on your side, okay? Your side...In case you wondered how I knew-If you didn't already, because you seem to be a lot more than you appear...That kid you rescued earlier today, Jounouchi-He pretty much told us. Matched your descriptions and all. Now, I'm not going to ask questions-That's not my place. I'm just here to tell you that the evidence you sent us-It wasn't enough. It was good, but it's not damning enough. We didn't catch their faces. The camera feed, you see, from the camera across the road...Furthermore, Jounouchi's memories are all edited. We suspect he did it himself, but the very fact remains that since those memories are artificial, under Academy City court of law, they are automatically invalidated."

He sighed, rubbing his scalp.

"I too suspect Daisuke. But I have no concrete evidence....Although....Although if you looked at the feed here, someone holding a handheld video camera was recording the murder-Someone not wearing a Skill-Out getup. If we that footage; providing Daisuke hasn't destroyed the whole camera yet, we'd be able to bring charges to him, or, even if he deleted it, a skilled technopath among our ranks would be able to at least obtain a search warrant. But that's just wishful thinking on our part; Daisuke probably has that under lock and key if it still exists, and any evidence obtained illegally is rendered void in court despite its' legitimacy."

He leaned back in his chair as the relevant footage ended with what was presumably Nimori Harada left dead in the alleyway after an utterly brutal beating that would have shocked anyone not desensitised to such violence (and might even have left Moroe a little disgusted, if only at the level of savagery apparently ordinary Skill-Outs seemed all-too-willing to display), a massive pool of blood forming beneath his body and all of his limbs bent into unnatural positions.

"Still...If we just happened to 'find' that camera thanks to an anonymous tip, if you catch my drift, we'd be able to act at the very least. And it might be a good idea to go back to your previous informant, whoever they were, to see if they had any more information at hand. You might want to mention that camera. I don't know why you are so ...Interested in Nimori Shougos' well-being, but I could certainly use your help. Now, do you have any questions? I would be all too-happy to answer as best as I can; this case has been consuming the better part of my life for the past three weeks and to be honest, it's losing much of its' charm."

__________________________________________________ ________

Meanwhile, Moroe would be aware of Shougo and Kensuke quietly conversing with each other, if she were somehow aware of her drones even in the midst of her own conversation with Kouta. A little later, she may note Kensuke touching Shougo and the temperature of the room rising notably, followed Kensuke muttering something before falling backwards into his seat with a horrified expression on his face, shaking his head in disbelief. Whatever Shougo had said had clearly left him highly distressed; even shaken.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-02-23 at 11:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe listened to the whole report in silence, even though she felt like screaming after only the first few sentences. Her already sour mood darkened with each new revelation. First there was Jounouchi: That scum had proven himself to be exactly what he'd seemed. The only thing stopping her from going out and giving him the death he so richly deserved was the fact that she'd have had to kill his girlfriend as well. Then there was the evidence which she'd risked her life in order to obtain, which had turned out to be almost worthless. The only thing it had yielded was an insanely slim hope that even Kouta admitted was just wishful thinking. Then there was his admission that the police were basically powerless and that they needed her help; She'd already known that from the beginning, of course, but it was still annoying to hear it said out loud. And finally, as a last nail in the coffin, there was that comment about her 'interest' in Shougo. Honestly, some people saw couples wherever they looked. Why couldn't they understand that Shougo was just...important to her? Perverts.

All in all, Kouta hadn't made a good impression here. No matter how motivated, he was just as inept in catching the sharks as any other policeman she'd met. Moroe replied as soon as he finished speaking.

"So, let me sum all that up: You've drawn a blank, and you need me to do your job for you. I wish I could say I was disappointed, but that would require me to have actually expected something from you in the first place.

I've only got one question: How did you and your friends get powers? There's no way that adult Espers should be that common yet.
    "

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah. Well, that's a whole other can of worms right there. But, seeing as you're willing to help me, I might as well spill the beans, so to speak."

Kouta paused to look out of the window.

"We're part of the Beta Class. You guys didn't really think that you were the first Espers around, did you? The project's been going for about twenty years or so. About six years ago, we, numbering perhaps a hundred or so, were subjects in the Power Curriculum Program. We were the class before you, the 'trial class' so to speak and we're the ones who suffered the losses-There was a fatality rate of about twenty percent, and about about forty percent of us, myself included, never developed any powers to speak of. Flaws in the program, and the undeniable fact that most of us, at that period of time, were simply too old for it to be able to be used at its' maximum potential. Unacceptable for the public to hear about, and they'll deny it all the way, but there you have it. I'm Beta Class, and your senior, so to speak."

He then fidgeted again, and looked down at the courtyard, almost as if searching for someone in particular.

"And I see we haven't inspired much trust in you. Anti-Skill and Judgement, you see, aren't exactly helping us in this particular case. I'm a lawyer here, and I work with my team-And we work pretty much alone, if not impeded in this regard. Daisuke has plenty of influence; his ....Ken's family name makes it very difficult to cast suspicion on him, and his Pure Streets, more often than not, is keeping a close eye on us. He has a number of subordinates-That Bulgarian boy foremost amongst them, who are very good at covering their trails and planting false leads. Furthermore, he is prominent amongst Judgement and has several contacts in Anti-Skill...It's an affront to justice, but someone of his station is very difficult to assault without concrete, irrefutable evidence-Which we most notably lack. Truth be told I'm actually surprised he hasn't ordered a hit on me yet...Well, I suppose that would piss his brother and Mei-chan off something fierce. So I suppose he too is constrained in this matter."

He chuckled grimly.

"You, on the other hand, are a lot more difficult to track, aren't as stringently bound to Academy City law as we are and you do not have to worry about the safety of others-At least, barring Nimori Shougo-san, who is, now that I have issued a request to the hospital, especially safe here. And judging from your rescue of Mogami Jounouchi, you possess skills that aren't normal for a teenage girl your age. But as I have said, it is not my business to pry. Yes, we need your help. If you require recompensation, you are free to ask, although our resources are hardly unlimited."

23. - Top - End - #1073

Souji stands by Moroe throughout the entire report, his body slightly in front of hers, almost subconsciously leaning slightly towards her. It's a stance most people used to battle would recognize - he's readying to protect her from harm - apparently at the cost of his own body.

"Souji nods, comprehending the information that was retrieved from the newcomers. "Master, if you wish I could access the memories Adachi-sama stored within me in order to discover if these people speak the truth," he says, waiting for Master's conformation."

Adachi. That was a name any and everyone knew well - but failures would know it better than most. After all, failures were trash, and Adachi was one of the earliest ESPers known of, and the strongest.

"The weak are meat for the strong to eat." It was a chant of the older, more adult ESPers. Because those with abilities that were useful, controlled, powerful - they were the leaders of the Beta Project.

Kensuke.
    Adachi.

Others too. Several followed Kensuke's path of honor and chivalry - but quite a few thought Adachi's ideology was right. They were different, they were better than the failures. Why shouldn't they practice their abilities on them?

And what Adachi became - shivers ran down the spines of anyone who heard the name and knew of his exploits, let alone knew him before he went mad with power.

Despite what he believed, Might is Right, The Weak are Meat for the Strong to Eat, he was a good man. Maybe a bit lost in all the power he now held at his grasp - but a good man nonetheless. He just believed that they should control the scientists, they should be the testers of their own abilities.

And now?

Adachi is a mad dog.

Deadly.

Vicious.

A desperate need for it to die.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Tobio looks over the school plaza as he tries to find his new friend Shougo. However he is unable to find the small boy, he most likely left immediately after school. Sighing at having missed his new friend Tobio straps on his skates and leaves the school. He looks down at the ground as he skates along. Where was Ishimaru-sempai anyway? She wasn't at school at all today. He grabs a light post to slingshot around a street corner and continue on his way. He then tries to find something to do to occupy his time.
    Tobio might, if he's paying attention, notice a familiar face on the street ahead. Someone he saw when he was hunting Souji. Ryuu, who, though he might not know it, was the powerful pyrokinetic he fought. She's simply drawing now, and there are no oddities in the temperature, but she has the same intensely focused look on her face she did then, and, of course, her features are the same. As are her clothes, in fact - being a student at Tokowadai makes it rather hard to disguise yourself.

Whether or not he sees her, though, she most certainly notices him, judging by the fact that she pales visibly when he turns the corner.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio blushes as he sees Ryuu drawing and actually looking rather peaceful. That is before she paled at seeing him. He hastily raised his arms as he says, "M-Matte! Ojou-sama! I-I don't m-mean you any harm. T-The investigation from b-before was called o-of a-anyway. Besides I-I'm not on duty, s-so I can't arrest you or anything. B-Besides, there is no evidence about t-that day s-so you have nothing to fear from me." Tobio at this point started twirling a fringe in his blue hair that helped cover his eyes cursing himself to having fallen back into old habits once he met another pretty girl.

He gives a small bow as he says, "I-I'm Ishida T-Tobio. A-A-Ano what's y-your name?"

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

She relaxes, a bit, but considering she tried to set him, and one of his friends, on fire last time they saw each other, she doesn't entirely buy the 'you have nothing to worry' speech, especially given how he's acting.

"I go by Ryuu. It seems appropriate, given my abilities. And if you're not up to something, why are you so nervous? I only went after you last time because you were messing with my friends. And since there's no-one around here that I know, I'm the only target that would make me interfere. Unless you were going after someone else, of course, but you just said you're not even on duty."

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio continued twirling the fringe in his hair as he turned his head to the side still blushing as he says, "I-I just get a little nervous w-when talking t-to new people is a-all, a-and also w-when I talk to g-g-girls. B-Besides we w-we're just trying t-to catch Astraphobia. He got away anyways. He blew a hole into t-the s-sewers and after a chase w-we caught up only to lose him a-again."

He looks at her to see the notepad that she was drawing in before she saw him. Curiosity overtakes he as he says, A-Ano, what were y-you drawing i-in your n-notepad? Are you an a-artist or d-do you just d-draw for f-fun?"

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

She smiles, relaxing a bit more, apparently warming to Tobio a bit; showing an interest in her art, at least a favorable one, is one of the few ways to get her to let her guard down easily.

On the drawing pad, there's a mostly finished sketch, and quite well done, sketch of an elven girl with pale skin, shoulder-length ice-white hair, and grey eyes, wearing a red dress, sitting on a stone under the night sky, with a blood-red tear on her cheek; she's seen from a fair distance, with a few trees and bushes in the foreground, and the general impression given is that the viewer has just crested a hill and seen her.

"You say that like they're exclusive... One could certainly call me an artist, but if I didn't find drawing fun, why would I have chosen to be one? But I don't usually sell anything, if that's what you meant."

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio's eyes widen at the beauty of the picture and how Ryuu had perfectly captured the mood and imagery of it. "S-Sugoi! T-that's amazing! Y-You really have a t-talent for drawing. I f-feel like I-I'm actually seeing this person. M-My talents are more p-physical actually. The o-only thing I'm r-really good at is skating a-and ice skating. A n-new friend of m-mine is teaching me martial arts t-though." He seems to be relaxing around Ryuu at least a little. His voice seems to have upgraded to a soft and gentle tone instead of a loud whisper.

He twirls the fringe of his hair one last time before he takes his hand down from it. He then says, "So, are you a thermokinetic or a cyromancer like me? Cause that is what your power felt like." To demonstrate he holds his hand out and chills the water molecules in the air to create a baseball sized block of ice within his hand, diverting the lost heat into the ground.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu's smile widens at his praise of her drawing, and she nods in response to his question.

"Thanks. I'm glad you like it. As for your question, yep, I am. Though you seem to tend towards using your powers the opposite of how I use mine. I usually suck the heat off a large area and focus it down to make fire - as you saw, and nice job on countering me, by the way."