New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Tobio rubs the back of his head in embarrassment as he says, "A-Ano, thank you. I-I couldn't have h-held it up for long t-though. The fact t-that you were a-able to split your focus into two d-different objects at t-the same t-time surprised me. Eventually instead of t-trying to keep the items at t-their normal temperature I j-just settled for keeping them from r-reaching the point of malfunction and bursting into flames." He seems to be getting better with his stutter the more he talks to her and becomes used to her presence. However the blush that was on his face before is still there though it is lightened.

He stops rubbing the back of his head for a moment before he says, "So I'm guessing that your a l-level 4 r-right? Y-You were more powerful that m-me back at that arcade. I-If you were a l-level 5 I wouldn't have s-stood a ch-chance."

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin shot a conspiratorial look at Krystal, along with an enigmatic smile. Crocell had no way of knowing how appropriate this new subject was to the two of them.

"Superheroes, eh? What an intriguing idea..."

Kouta paused to look out of the window.

"We're part of the Beta Class. You guys didn't really think that you were the first Espers around, did you? The project's been going for about twenty years or so. About six years ago, we, numbering perhaps a hundred or so, were subjects in the Power Curriculum Program. We were the class before you, the 'trial class' so to speak and we're the ones who suffered the losses-There was a fatality rate of about twenty percent, and about about forty percent of us, myself included, never developed any powers to speak of. Flaws in the program, and the undeniable fact that most of us, at that period of time, were simply too old for it to be able to be used at its' maximum potential. Unacceptable for the public to hear about, and they'll deny it all the way, but there you have it. I'm Beta Class, and your senior, so to speak."
    Moroe frowned pensively. She was too preoccupied to act shocked or disgusted by this revelation, so instead she just silently processed it. She liked to think of herself as someone who knew the true face of Academy City better than most. Every so often, though, something like this would come along and show her just how much there still was to learn about her home.

She really should have felt some sympathy for Kouta and his friends, but she didn't. Maybe it was because she had too many problems of her own right now; Or maybe they just weren't suffering enough to be worth her time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Souji nods, comprehending the information that was retrieved from the newcomers. "Master, if you wish I could access the memories Adachi-sama stored within me in order to discover if these people speak the truth," he says, waiting for Master's conformation."
    Moroe winced. Being accompanied by a wanted criminal was attracting enough attention from Kouta and Kensuke already; She really didn't need displays like this exciting their curiosity even more.

"Maybe later. For now, just be quiet."

She then turned her attention back to Kouta and pre-emptively cut off the question that was probably on his mind.

"Don't ask. Anyway, it seems as if we're about done here. If there's nothing else, I'd like to visit Nimori. Alone."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Tobio rubs the back of his head in embarrassment as he says, "A-Ano, thank you. I-I couldn't have h-held it up for long t-though. The fact t-that you were a-able to split your focus into two d-different objects at t-the same t-time surprised me. Eventually instead of t-trying to keep the items at t-their normal temperature I j-just settled for keeping them from r-reaching the point of malfunction and bursting into flames." He seems to be getting better with his stutter the more he talks to her and becomes used to her presence. However the blush that was on his face before is still there though it is lightened.

He stops rubbing the back of his head for a moment before he says, "So I'm guessing that your a l-level 4 r-right? Y-You were more powerful that m-me back at that arcade. I-If you were a l-level 5 I wouldn't have s-stood a ch-chance."

"Yeah, well, you held me off for long enough that your friends could get to me, so you did enough. And doing the least you have to is just good strategy,"
    Ryuu responds, smiling at him. "And yes, I'm a level four. You're a level three, I assume? Any lower and I could probably have just overpowered you, even with you doing everything right."

She shrugs, leaning back on the bench and stretching.

"If you want, I could help you train. Working out on your own is okay, but having a real challenge helps more. Besides, it was pretty fun to go up against someone that was doing more than just brute force resistance, I'm sure it would help in your job, and it gives me a chance to make up for our last meeting."

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks back and forth between the two of them confusedly. He scratches the back of his head as he says, "Am I missing something here or did I just stumble across a topic of common interest by accident? If so, cool." He grins as he figures that things were going pretty smoothly now.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tobio blushes heavily at the praise that Ryuu gives him, rather surprised by it. He chuckles a little as he face rivals that of a cherry. He then hears her proposal and begins bowing in gratitude. "T-Thank y-you Ryuu-san. I-I would be honored t-to train with you. I think I'm on t-the v-verge of b-becoming a level 4."

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kadokado Cafe:
    The door opens, the bell chimes, and a tall, quiet figure limps inside, a dark grey flat cap slouched low across his forehead and a large messenger bag slung over one shoulder His cargo pants jingle, pockets stuffed full of minutia, and his tan shirt bears an Escher print of an endless staircase on the front. He tugs the brim of the hat back into position with a grey and black hand, the edge of the hat seeming to bend as he touches it, and sighs heavily.

He gives an aside glace out the front window and slides into a corner booth, unpacking a thin laptop and a folder full of folded maps and blueprints, which he sets on the table in front of him. He flags down a waitress.

"Root beer. And some cream."

He speaks in a clipped tone, then waves the slightly confused waitress off with before she can ask anything else. Yori checks his watch, then opens his laptop, unfolds a blueprint, and gets to work.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Kin shot a conspiratorial look at Krystal, along with an enigmatic smile. Crocell had no way of knowing how appropriate this new subject was to the two of them.

"Superheroes, eh? What an intriguing idea..."
    Crocell looks back and forth between the two of them confusedly. He scratches the back of his head as he says, "Am I missing something here or did I just stumble across a topic of common interest by accident? If so, cool." He grins as he figures that things were going pretty smoothly now.
    Krystal nods a little, after returning Kin's look. It's a common interest. I've been reading comics for a while now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell looks surprised as he says, "Really? Wow, you don't meet to many girls with an interest in comic books. Most of the ones that I'm aquantinces with are fans of romance and mystery novels. Though I do know one who loved High Fantasy." He rubs his chin as he finishes his sentence before saying, "So who's your favorite hero? If I had to pick, I would say...The Flash."

8. - Top - End - #1088

Um...let's see... Krystal thinks for a moment. Well, my top choices would have to be either Wolverine, or Venom.

And yes, I know Venom isn't a hero, but he's still cool.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell nods as he says, "True they are very cool. Wolverine is functionally immortal and Venom is just plain bad*ss. Though I like Deadpool better. I mean seriously the guy is comedic gold. I actually heard that he is getting his own comic series."

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Barbarian in the Playground

A half empty glass of root beer and cream sits on the table, condensation slowly dripping down the side. Yori's fingers work furiously on the keyboard, his eyes darting back and forth from the screen to the blueprints and maps he has strewn over the booth's table.

There's a pause as he looks up, making sure that he is unwatched-at this time of day the cafe is mostly empty, a few regulars glue to barstools or chatting idly with each other. The camera in the corner poses a problem, though. Yori exhales, and reaches underneath the table and pinches the air, twisting it. If anybody could see it, they'd swear they had seen the air twisting like a sheet of fabric, the other side distorted as though viewed through a pane of warped glass, and then he tugs. The camera pointed at the corner booth jerks upwards as he grabs it with his prosthetic hand and twists it upwards, giving it a fascinating view of the ceiling.

All eyes now off him, he stares intently out he window until he sees what he's looking for-A black sedan, windows blacked out, zips by, almost obeying the speed limit in that manner that implies the need for haste, before getting caught at a red light. Yori reaches into one his bag and feels around, staring at the car's trunk, before smiling in a satisfied manner as he removes an oblong grey case with "G.E.A.R." stenciled on the side- a case which should not have fit in the bag.

After cleaning up his papers and neatly folding them back into his satchel, Yori reaches into one of his pockets and drops a small, round object into his bag.

A few seconds later, the car detonates violently, showering nearby bystanders with shrapnel and gouging a deep, ugly crater in the ground, oily smoke pouring out of the car's shredded trunk. The people in the cafe start and press up against the window, horrified stares glued to the window, save for Yori, who has eyes only for the case he now carries as he limps out the door and vanishes around a corner, spinning a silver pin around his finger.
    Last edited by Duos; 2012-02-25 at 12:41 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Moroe winced. Being accompanied by a wanted criminal was attracting enough attention from Kouta and Kensuke already; She really didn't need displays like this exciting their curiosity even more.

"Maybe later. For now, just be quiet."

She then turned her attention back to Kouta and pre-emptively cut off the question that was probably on his mind.

"Don't ask. Anyway, it seems as if we're about done here. If there's nothing else, I'd like to visit Nimori. Alone."
    Souji nodded amicably, standing completely still."Souji nods in comprehension, stating his complete understanding of Master's command."

Elsbeth

Tap tap tap tap.

"Well!?! I'm waiting!"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Tobio blushes heavily at the praise that Ryuu gives him, rather surprised by it. He chuckles a little as he face rivals that of a cherry. He then hears her proposal and begins bowing in gratitude. "T-Thank y-you Ryuu-san. I-I would be honored t-to train with you. I think I'm on t-the v-verge of b-becoming a level 4."
    Ryuu nods thoughtfully, looking a touch amused, bed closing her sketchbook, and restoring her various other art implements to their cases.

"That would definitely fit. Do you know any places they won't be upset over small fires and flash freezes, and that's not likely to have a crowd that would get caught by such?", she asks, standing, and grinning at him, apparently pleased by the prospect of training against/with Tobio.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio thinks for a moment his hand cupping his chin for a moment. After a few seconds he says, "W-Well if you w-wouldn't mind it my b-backyard has a large p-pool. I ususally use it to t-train my powers when I-I have the time. In fact I-I was using it just last night for training. It has a very large volume, so it t-test my power a-as well as my c-control." He skates back and forth a little on his skates as some of his confidence starts to return.

Honestly though, he had more female contact these days than he has had in most of his life. Not including his mother of course. Speaking of which he says, "Oh, I-I almost forgot to t-tell you. My mother a-and father are away on a bussiness t-trip for a few w-weeks. So if that m-makes you uncomfortable w-we could try a l-lake that I know of a little w-ways away f-from here."

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu shrugs, apparently not really caring either way.

"Up to you. I don't think you'll try anything, but even if you did, I can handle myself. Lead on!"

She will, naturally enough, follow Tobio if he starts to go somewhere.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods as he leads the way back to his house. Once there he opens the gate to the back yard with his key and leads Ryuu inside to the pool. It is rather large so it should work to suit their needs. Tobio, trying to be a polite host, then says, " B-Before we start, d-do you want anything t-to drink?"

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu shrugs again, examining the pool carefully, both through simple observation and the use of her Esper abilities, before checking their surroundings for anything she can steal heat from.

"Sure. What are the options?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-02-25 at 06:48 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio relaxes a little as he says, "Well we have water, soda, a-applejuice, tea, and coffe. My parents like to h-have options so they keep the kitchen stocked."

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu thinks for a moment, then grins, and nods, shrugging off the bag she stowed her art supplies in, and setting it a reasonable distance from the pool.

"Water, for the training, and a soda."

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods and walks in his house through the back door, taking off his skates at the doorstep. It was a few minutes later before he came back out. Holding a bottled water in one hand, a soda in another, and holding his own soda in his teeth using the rim. He handed the water and soda in his hands to Ryuu before taking his soda from between his teeth and popping it open. He then started to drink from it at a sedated pace.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu sets her soda down on a table, for now, and extends her right hand to Tobio.

"I'm not sure if your body can handle being at the temperatures involved or not, but there's a trick I wanted to show you before we get started,"
    she says, smiling at him. If he took her hand, he should feel it start to chill rapidly, and, once it's clear he does, she'll go to pick up the water with it, before pouring a small amount into her left hand, where it quickly begins to hiss and steam. "Naturally, that wasn't just from my hand; it took most of the heat on that whole side. But the basic idea of shifting your own body heat around inside yourself is clear.."

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio participates in Ryuu's demonstration. When she pours the water onto her hands his eyes widen in recognition. He nods to her as he says, "Yeah, I've done that before. It's just that I tend to use the chilling aspect of my power more than the heating one. Now let me test you a little. Can you do this?"

With that Tobio sighs as he stops restraining his Aura of Cold. It extends to about a 40 ft radius, more that enough to cover his backyard, and the temperature drops to -20 degrees Celcius.

"This is my Aura of Cold. For me at least it is natural and I have to actively restrain it in public. However it is useful in that if constantly chills a large area, giving me a lot of heat to work with. If you can't do it try starting by chilling the area around your immediate body first and then slowly spreading it outward." Ryuu would note that the water that she had left in her bottle was rapidly chilling and starting to freeze.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu shivers, and does indeed notice the change.

"Not bad... I'll try, but I think, as usual, I'm opposite you. My aura tends to be much more of an 'Ow! Fire! It burns!' thing."

That said, she does her best to chill the area, and isn't too bad at it when using her powers normally, though it causes a significant spike whenever she tries to use her Aura, as it stubbornly refuses to drop below one-hundred-and-fifty degrees Celsius, with a maximum of a thirty yard area, though fortunately, between Tobio's Aura and the fact that she controls her own fairly well, she doesn't melt the table or the bottles.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-02-25 at 08:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods as he smiles honestly having the time of his life as he says, "Okay then, let's deactivate our aura's so that things don't get too out of control." If she complied Tobio would restrict his aura steadily as she deactivated her's in order to keep a temperature balence and make sure that nothing melted that wasn't supposed to.

After that he would then say, "So, Ryuu-san, what dou you want to practice first?"

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

The process, fortunately, is successful, so everything should be unharmed.

"Hm... Let's go with more tricks, for now, combined with resistance, but using the other side of our talents from what we'd normally do. So you setting off flash-bags while I cooled them, for example."

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio scratches his head as he says, "Flash bangs? YOu mean like this?" With that Tobio cools a section of air outside his backyard and targets an area in midair. Suddenly there is an explosion of heat in that area as Tobio tries to control it. He manages to bring it under control though it caps at about 140 degrees Celsius. As he does so Ryuu can see a look of intense concentration on his face.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu shakes her head, and heads over to the bag with her art stuff in it, pulling out several small cloth sacks a moment later.

"Flash-bags, not flash-bangs. Though that is a handy talent."

With that, she tosses one of the sacks into the air, and, unless he stops her, leeches much of the heat from Tobio's heated zone, along with the pool and herself, causing it to explode into a cloud of colorless flame.

"They're filled with powdered tin. It takes some pretty high temperatures, but you can't deny it's a pretty impressive effect."

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looks awed as he says, "Sugoi! Alright then, sorry for misunderstanding. Alright then I'll give it a try."

With that Tobio goes over and, if she allows him, tentatively picks up one of the flash-bags. He then nods to himself as he tosses it up into the air. He then rapidly chills the heat from Ryuu's flash-bag and from the air at the far end of his backyard and transfers the heat to his own flash-bag causing it to explode like Ryuu's.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuu grins, and nods approvingly, pulling out what look like several short glowsticks, and more bags, of a different color than the last set.

"Nice job. Now, go ahead and toss up another, and I'll try to stop it from going off. Then we can move on to some more impressive effects, and using heat-sticks without hurting yourself."

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods as he thinks to himself. He knew that Ryuu was more powerful than him so he needed to compensate some how. Hmmm, maybe since she had more power he could best her with control. Yeah, that and a few well placed checkpoints. As he takes the bag from her Tobio leeches(chills) the leftover heat from his bag and the small smatterings from and store them within a pocket by the pool.

He then tosses the bag into the air and chill his safety deposit area, and the sidewalk outside his backyard (It had been sunny all day after all) simultaneously and sends the heat into the flash-bag, focusing on the speed of the transfer rather than the intensity as his sharp silver eyes flash. After all it was a little competition of fun.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Pixie in the Playground

Kouta stood up almost immediately, not paying any heed to what Moroe said, but not prohibiting her from doing so.

"Did you say Adachi...I knew something was up."

__________________________________________________ _______

Kensuke was already leaving the room as Moroe was entering it, a mixture of disbelief and fury visibly expressed on his face. Inside, the temperature was somewhat higher than usual, odd as none of the heaters, or, indeed, any electronic equipment save Shougos' alarm clock and the various cameras watching him were active. The curtains still pulled across the windows, it was dark, but not too dark as to really obscure anything; least of all the sudden twitchiness that Shougo had apparently gained recently and was trying to hide. Still, despite an involuntary red flush to his cheeks that he was obviously quite chagrined about, he looked pleased to see her even as he struggled to look her straight in the eye, a combination of embarrassment and a hyperaccelerated metabolism causing his eyes to dart to and fro, unable to really focus on the person at hand.

"Ah...Ishimaru-senpai, thank you for visiting me. You weren't at school today, were you? And did you find anything?"

The occasionally spastic movements of his body irregularly caused his torso to move against his will, pressing up against what Moroe knew was his bruised rib. Yet, for now, he seemed to feel no pain.