New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Tobio sees Ryuu's house come into view. He smiles at seeing the home as he says, "Well Ryuu-san it looks like we made it here without much incident. Thank you for the training today, I learned a lot from you."

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're welcome. If you're interested, I can get you some heatsticks and flash-bags... Do you want to come in for a minute? Considering you were fond of my art, I think you'll like the place."

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Crocell nods his head appraisingly. He had honestly only expected to be good acquaintances with these girls, but he found himself hoping to be genuine friends with them. It didn't hurt that they were both rather cute. After hearing Krystal's statement he says, "Good, it's about time he started getting the respect he deserved. On another note what do you think of Quicksilver? I means seriously I hear that the guy is fast enough to travel through time now and if not that then at least mach 5. That is overdoing it a bit don't you think? I mean with The Flash in DC comics that is the standard but in Marvel? Just seems like overkill."
    Krystal waves a hand. I wouldn't worry about that too much. He might be overpowered for now, but Marvel will bring him back down at some point. They usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Kin paused in the act of reaching for another pastry. She glanced absently at the watch, then gave Crocell a very sceptical look. Rather than being panicked, she simply seemed unimpressed.

"Bit of a prankster, are we? Nice try, but you'll need to do better than that if you want to fool us. There's no way we could have been here for...that...long..."

A sliver of doubt found its way onto her face. Now that she came to think of it, there had been a surprising amount of pastries consumed during this supposedly brief lunch...
    Krystal is just as surprised. Wait, really? She pulls out her phone and checks for herself.

Crocell raises an eyebrow this time as he looks at Kin. "I just got out of the red zone with you. Do you really think that I would risk pranking you with something this serious?" He sighs as he rubs his face thinking of a way to avoid the girls having too much trouble.

After a while he says, "Look I... You guys can say that you saw me leaving Tokiwadi with a handful of lunches and in order to honor you school you chased after me in order to bring me back to Tokiwadi. I mean that would curry you some favor right? I mean I would be in trouble but you guys would be good right?"
    Krystal quickly shakes her head. No, no, I couldn't do that. That wouldn't be right.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

"Besides, it probably wouldn't work. Nobody's going to believe that we've been chasing you for two whole hours. Plus all the teachers are straining at the leash because of yesterday. If we're going to survive, we need an excuse so ironclad that it can be used as an bomb shelter."

Kin's nervousness was growing by the second. This time there was no gaseous influence to amplify her rebellious spirit. Now she was back to being the girl who sat quietly in classrooms, hating every minute of it but unwilling to risk the wrath of her parents. Worse still, Krystal was along for the ride and risking a black mark as well; Hopefully her parents were more easygoing...
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-03-01 at 07:48 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell knocks his knuckles against his head as he tries to think of something that could get the girls out of trouble. He thinks harder as his mind keeps drawing up a blank. He sits quietly for a moment before sighing in frustration as he says, "I got nothing!" He slams his head on the table as he looks at Kin and Krystal as he says, "please tell me you guys are having better luck?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tobio looks at Ryuu in surprise as he was not expecting to be invited into her house. He nods to her with a smile on his face as he allows her to lead him into her humble abode.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin frantically racked her brains for a solution. Even the smell of freshly baked bread did nothing to comfort her during this difficult time.

"Erm, we could say that my power got us stuck to something, and that we only just got loose. I've had trouble like that before, so they might buy it. It's still pretty weak, though. I mean, why wouldn't we have just called for help?"

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell thinks for a moment before saying, "Well you guys could have dropped your cellphones somewhere. Or better yet, just say that the batteries on them had died. Plus say that you were in a secluded area and that should get you by." Crocell is scratching his chin as he says this as he thinks Kin's power is actually a good plan. I she has been recorded as having trouble with her power sometimes then they had hard evidence that it could have happened.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Pixie in the Playground

Against his own will, Shougos' mouth began to form a small smile. He was....Glad. Glad that it wasn't over yet. Kensuke had healed him, with his strange psychic power, and that meant that he could help Moroe. His inactivity while she was searching and possibly risking her life for him rankled him even more than his hatred of Daisuke. Still, the news that she had brought to him regarding her progress towards bringing the Pure Streets to justice was ...A little disheartening. But the fact that she was willing to go so far for him...

He decided then, deep in his heart, that she was of the greatest importance to him, even if she did not feel the same way. Some things were to be treasured more than life itself...And Moroe was to be one of those things. He would protect her as long as he had a say in it, though it may cost him his life, and he would never betray her. No matter what.

"Ah...Well....That is unfortunate, Ishimaru-senpai. But do not lose hope. Where there is a will, justice will make a way; as my father oft-used to quote. Besides that..."

He promptly slid out of bed, involuntarily bracing himself for the sting of his bruised rib over an ice burn; but there was none.

"It is not proper that you face the danger alone for this ones' sake, Ishimaru-dono-Not while he can move. This one begs of you; please allow him, already eternally in your debt, to help."

He then bowed his head in a deferential manner, begging, imploring, pleading her to allow him to help. His tone, in the Japanese style, switching from the 'Polite' mode of speaking to the 'Extremely Humble'. This was something that was clearly of great importance to him; although such an archaic gesture was long-obsolete, having fallen out of use hundreds of years ago. It brought to mind a lowly samurai prostrating himself before his master. To a modern Japanese citizen, it would probably look quite absurd. Shougo knew this, and he normally would have been mortified at the thought of performing such a ridiculous action where there was even the remotest possibility that others were watching.

But at that moment, he didn't care.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe blinked, momentarily stunned. When entering this room, she'd thought herself fully prepared for Shougo's antics. He would make his usual protests, she'd shrug them off with a few well-placed arguments, and that would be the end of it; Or so she'd thought.

"I...what? Y-your injuries are...How did...Look, could you please stop doing that and just look me in the eye? You're making me feel really uncomfortable."

The sheer emotion in Shougo's plea took her aback. That archaic display should by all rights have been ridiculous, but he did it with such sincerity that it gained a dramatic power all of its own. It really felt as if he was swearing his eternal allegiance to her. That would have been enough to discomfit her even if this hadn't been the second time it had happened today. Moroe gave a quick backward glance at the clone who was presumably standing behind her; The parallels here were more than a little disturbing.

Nimori, please. We're not master and servant; We're partners. Equals! You don't owe me anything, and you don't need my permission to help avenge your father. If you really have recovered (somehow), I'd be glad to have you along for the ride."

That was a lie. Travelling with Shougo would most likely be a massive headache, because it would stop Moroe from using a lot of her usual methods while he was watching. Also, for some reason she got a weird feeling in her stomach whenever she thought of him being in danger. But one look at Shougo told her that this wasn't an argument that she could win. Refusing his help would just provoke him into giving it in secret, and that was a disaster waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-03-01 at 01:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Tobio looks at Ryuu in surprise as he was not expecting to be invited into her house. He nods to her with a smile on his face as he allows her to lead him into her humble abode.
    And in they go! Ryuu, having moved to Academy City from elsewhere specifically to go through the Esper program here, lives alone, and thus doesn't need much space, so she's got a smallish, though not cramped, apartment

The first room they enter has a painting, in the same style as Ryuu's sketch, completely covering one wall; said painting is of a phoenix rising from a bonfire, with snow covering the ground, except in a thirty-foot radius from the flames, while various humans and elves watch it being reborn.

"What do you think?", she asks, gesturing to it, and smiling at him, somewhat nervously.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looks at it, the amazement clearly showing on his face as he says, "Sugoi! This is amazing Ryuu-san. I can believe how beautiful this painting is. It's huge too! You must have put untold amounts of time into this painting. What's more is that you can almost feel the reverence in the painting for the phoenix and the miraculousness of its rebirth. You really have a gift."

Tobio looks at her with a smile as he finishes his opinion of the painting. His face clearly says that he is amazed by her talent.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

She shrugs, looking quite pleased, and grins at him.

"Thanks! It really didn't take that long, though... Not for all of it, anyway. The whole thing took about a month, but that was because I was working off and on on each piece; I made a sketch of a panel, painted from that, and then moved on to the next, taking breaks as needed. And yeah, I do have kind of a thing for phoenixes. They seem appropriate, given my powers."

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods his head as he says, "Yeah I guess it does fit. I never really thought of and animal motif that would fit with my powers myself. Can't think of many creatures of ice." He reaches into his pocket as he says that and pulls out an ice cream sandwich, still perfectly frozen, and unwraps it and takes a bite.

He then looks at Ryuu as he says, "Ah, where are my manners. Would you like one as well? One good thing about being a cryomancer is that all of my chocolates and frozen treats never melt."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

The pyrokinetic's eyes light up suddenly when he mentions finding creatures of ice, and she shakes her head, in response to his offer, pulling out her sketchpad, and starting to draw something.

"Not now... Once I'm done, maybe."

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods as he sees Ryuu pull out her sketchbook and start drawing. He then says, "Huh, so you found some inspiration? That was fast. Hey did you ever think of making a career out of your art? You know try going professional and maybe get a painting in a museum?

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

She nods in response to his first question, and shrugs at the second, still sketching rapidly.

"Ice creatures. Siúlóirí Sneachta, frost Nix, Thaibhsí Anfa..."

No, she has no intention of explaining what those are

17. - Top - End - #1157

Kin frantically racked her brains for a solution. Even the smell of freshly baked bread did nothing to comfort her during this difficult time.

"Erm, we could say that my power got us stuck to something, and that we only just got loose. I've had trouble like that before, so they might buy it. It's still pretty weak, though. I mean, why wouldn't we have just called for help?"
    Crocell thinks for a moment before saying, "Well you guys could have dropped your cellphones somewhere. Or better yet, just say that the batteries on them had died. Plus say that you were in a secluded area and that should get you by." Crocell is scratching his chin as he says this as he thinks Kin's power is actually a good plan. I she has been recorded as having trouble with her power sometimes then they had hard evidence that it could have happened.
    Um, I guess that could work. Krystal wasn't exactly comfortable with coming up with some kind of excuse for their lateness, but she couldn't really think of anything better.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin didn't look at all certain about this plan. She'd only suggested it half-heartedly, and even now could see a lot of flaws in it. Still, it was apparently the best one they had, so they'd just have to try and run with it.

"Okay, let's get our stories straight. We were doing a little (very proper and ladylike) exploring during lunch. We found this secluded place to eat that was nearby, while...somehow...being out of earshot and totally deserted. Then we held hands an-No, I tripped! I tripped and fell on top of you. We got completely tangled in a really uncomfortable position; That way it explains why we couldn't use our phones. So there we were, forced to miss the lessons we'd been so looking forward to, while at the same time being punished for that very crime. Eventually my power released us, and we rushed straight back to school, horrified and contrite about the whole affair (which was absolutely not our fault).

...Er, does that sound all right?"

19. - Top - End - #1159

Krystal nods a little.

I guess that sounds good.

We should probably mess up our hair a little or something. Make it a little more believable.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #1160

Spoiler
    Show
    Moroe blinked, momentarily stunned. When entering this room, she'd thought herself fully prepared for Shougo's antics. He would make his usual protests, she'd shrug them off with a few well-placed arguments, and that would be the end of it; Or so she'd thought.

"I...what? Y-your injuries are...How did...Look, could you please stop doing that and just look me in the eye? You're making me feel really uncomfortable."

The sheer emotion in Shougo's plea took her aback. That archaic display should by all rights have been ridiculous, but he did it with such sincerity that it gained a dramatic power all of its own. It really felt as if he was swearing his eternal allegiance to her. That would have been enough to discomfit her even if this hadn't been the second time it had happened today. Moroe gave a quick backward glance at the clone who was presumably standing behind her; The parallels here were more than a little disturbing.

Nimori, please. We're not master and servant; We're partners. Equals! You don't owe me anything, and you don't need my permission to help avenge your father. If you really have recovered (somehow), I'd be glad to have you along for the ride."

That was a lie. Travelling with Shougo would most likely be a massive headache, because it would stop Moroe from using a lot of her usual methods while he was watching. Also, for some reason she got a weird feeling in her stomach whenever she thought of him being in danger. But one look at Shougo told her that this wasn't an argument that she could win. Refusing his help would just provoke him into giving it in secret, and that was a disaster waiting to happen.
    A slight scowl covers Souji's face, very slight, barely noticeable in fact.

But it was the only emotion he'd shown throughout his entire existence of... about an hour?

"Souji analyzes the situation, attempting to discern a motive from the injured person. "Master, do not allow this boy to hold you back. My abilities are far more than what is required for your purposes, particularly in this venture." He is once more perplexed by his Master, as her inability to understand such simplistic ideas is showcased once again."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Pixie in the Playground

Upon hearing Moroes' somewhat-frantic response, Shougos' facade of unshaking confidence (largely propped up by his artificially accelerated metabolism) promptly broke down, and he began stammering profusely. He knew she'd have found that weird. Hell, he found that weird himself-But, as the saying went; like father, like son, and his father was indeed very fond of such theatric displays. He didn't really know why he swore what he did, but although he was rather embarassed about that display, he didn't regret it.

"A...Ah, uh, you see, Ishimaru-senpai, Ashikaga Kensuke-san's an Esper. His ability can heal people, or something. It also...Um...Made me a little twitchy. I greatly...greatly apologise for my prior outburst, senpai..."

He paused.

"...And thank you."

He took a deep breath and he closed his eyes, calming his nerves so that he could at least make an attempt towards dignity. When he opened them, they locked unwaveringly onto Moroes' eyes in a strange and somewhat unsettling manner. However, by now, Moroe would probably realise that he never meant any harm by it-This was just his (odd) way of expressing that whoever he was looking at had his full attention.

"So...What are we going to do now, senpai?

He then pointed to Souji, eyes crinkling momentarily as he took in his highly unnatural stance and his vaguely familiar face...Shougo could have sworn that he had seen it somewhere.

"Also...Who is he?"

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe hesitated. Now that she actually had a chance to think about it, the cover 'story' she'd thought up for 2796 (in all of five seconds) seemed rather pathetic. Even though there'd been a lot of distractions demanding her attention at the time, she really should have come up with something more believable than 'He's my cousin'.

"Ah, forget it."

"This used to be Fuschichou Souji; Yes, that one. It turns out that he was actually a distorted clone of the city's strongest Level 5. Long story short, he's been mindwiped back to factory settings by someone with a really twisted sense of humour, and given to me as a gift. So thanks to that I now have a completely clueless clone (who seems to want nothing more than to make me happy) following me around and calling me 'master'."

Realising how heartless that sounded, Moroe shot an apologetic look back to 2796.

"No offence. I know you're the real victim in all this."

She then turned her attention back to Shougo.

"Hopefully I'll be able to break his conditioning and teach him how to be a free man; Until then, it looks like our little partnership now has a third member."

There: A simple, concise explanation of the situation. Now that that was settled, they could move on to planning their strategy.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Moroe hesitated. Now that she actually had a chance to think about it, the cover 'story' she'd thought up for 2796 (in all of five seconds) seemed rather pathetic. Even though there'd been a lot of distractions demanding her attention at the time, she really should have come up with something more believable than 'He's my cousin'.

"Ah, forget it."

"This used to be Fuschichou Souji; Yes, that one. It turns out that he was actually a distorted clone of the city's strongest Level 5. Long story short, he's been mindwiped back to factory settings by someone with a really twisted sense of humour, and given to me as a gift. So thanks to that I now have a completely clueless clone (who seems to want nothing more than to make me happy) following me around and calling me 'master'."

Realising how heartless that sounded, Moroe shot an apologetic look back to 2796.

"No offence. I know you're the real victim in all this."

She then turned her attention back to Shougo.

"Hopefully I'll be able to break his conditioning and teach him how to be a free man; Until then, it looks like our little partnership now has a third member."

There: A simple, concise explanation of the situation. Now that that was settled, they could move on to planning their strategy.
    "Souji nods cordially, giving his Master a thoughtful glance. "It is fine Master, that is an accurate description of our situation, and there is no problem in describing it in such a way. However, do not apologize for your analysis, as information is the ultimate assumption of knowledge, and apologizing for it is unnecessary." Souji looks slightly annoyed about how his Master has decided to describe his situation, and he grows more frustrated as she continues speaking. "Master, freedom is something I can never achieve now. As a clone of [DATA WITHHELD, VICINITY HOLDS BEING WITH INSUFFICIENT ACCESS]-sama, under his orders I cannot leave your side until such a time as when he tells me too. Even if you do manage to 'break' the conditioning of 'Fuschichou Souji', it would not be the 'Fuschichou Souji' you knew. I apologize greatly for this Master, as if you call [DATA WITHHELD, VICINTY HOLDS BEING WITH INSUFFICIENT ACCESS]-sama, 'someone with a really twisted sense of humor', Fuschichou Souji must have been dear to you. I am 2796, not Fuschichou Souji." Souji pauses in his speech, realizing that he has been calling himself 'Souji' rather than 2796 this entire time. "Master, would you like for me to rectify what I call myself? I do not wish to bring undue pain to you." He says, worrying about his Master's reaction."

It was the longest thing 2796 had ever said.

It was also simultaneously the most worrying and wonderful thing he had ever said.

Souji was gone. In his place was someone who only wanted to help her, and apparently would even after his conditioning was broken.

He had no memories.

He had no personality.

His eyes were like a mirror - they held no emotion, they held nothing, and all she could see in them were her eyes. Not Souji's. Not Adachi's.

It was funny, in a way. Fuschichou Souji was a clone, but was a horrible person. He lied, he cheated, he maimed and betrayed his way to freedom. Adachi Souji was also a terrible person. He killed, he betrayed, and he murdered his way to the top.

2796 could be those people.

He was Zero, the number of nothingness and the number of infinite possibilities - everything could come from Zero. The Fool Card was numbered zero - the start of a journey. But what 2796 presented to Moroe was a choice, this time, finally, her choice. Not one made for her by others. Not one made for her by an enemy, or by someone trying to be her friend, but a choice she could make.

Keep the name that chilled her spine. The name of enemies who had attacked her time and time again, whether it was mentally or physically.

Use the name that merely reminded her that he was Fuschichou Souji and Adachi Souji - he had been the first, and was born of the second.

Or give him a name. Whether it was mocking or normal, it didn't really matter.

He was her sword.
    She was his Master.

If she said "Jump," he would ask "How high?"

If she said "Kill him." He would respond "Of course Master, immediately."

She had a weapon. A saber that struck where she ordered it to.

He could be whatever she wanted. A weapon, like he stated he was. A friend, like Souji had tried to be in the worst way possible. A clone, just a face in the crowd. A lover, dying for her cause, no matter how unjust.

But he was her sword. He even had a sword on him - apparently a final gift from one "Adachi Souji", a last reminder of the boy who she had killed. Memory, it said. It was a simple sword, a long sword really, one weathered with cuts and age. Compared to what Souji had been able to do, it looked worthless. But it was a weapon. His weapon. His saber.

Which made it her weapon. Her saber.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Tried to look up those creatures and couldn't find a thing. Well I did it was just in a language I couldn't understand.)

Tobio seeing how focused Ryuu is on her sketch polite waits for her to finish it before speaking again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crocell taps his chin before saying, "Is sounds good. Mabye we shoud put a little dirt on your clothes as well?"

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

(That would be because I made them up on the fly... The Nix, which is the singular of Nixie, is a type of shapeshifting water spirit that I have a fondness for; frost Nix manipulate ice/snow and have somewhat different alternate forms. Thaibhsí Anfa is 'Tempest Ghost', which aren't actually ghosts; rather, they're chameleonic humanoids that hunt those lost in blizzards. Siúlóirí Sneachta means 'Snow Walker', which is a type of ice elemental.)

The three sketches are completed fairly fast, and once they're done, she holds out the sketchpad to Tobio, for him to take a look at them; the first shows a tall man, with ice-white hair, softly glowing gray eyes, and silver skin, wearing clothes that appear to be made of dark green ice, with snow flowing up his body, in what appears to be a room made entirely of ice. The second is a group of people that seem almost as though they're simply outlines shown up by the snow going around their bodies, apparently harrying a group of people in the midst of a blizzard, and the last is a chitinous white wolf with a snake's tail, the front half of which has vanished beneath a frozen lake on one side of the picture, and is reemerging on the other.

"So? What do you think?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-03 at 06:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Pixie in the Playground

Reflexively, Shougo snapped into a fighting stance the instant Soujis' true identity was revealed, before forcing himself to relax when it was apparent that Souji had not made any threatening actions in response (although this may simply have been Souji judging Shougo as being too weak to be a threat). His surprise at this revelation was ...Considerable to say the least, and he was clearly very uneasy at the thought of being in the same room with someone who happened to be a dangerous rogue level four Esper...Or who used to be one. In addition, what Moroe had told him was not only confusing but almost downright unintelligible to the technologically illiterate Shougo despite him living in Academy City, the place renowned for being thirty years ahead of its time in terms of scientific progress and technology. The end result was an intensely bewildered Shougo, trying desperately to piece together the information he was given into some sort of sense without making a fool of himself.

"I..Ishimaru-senpai, I am not sure if ...What ...? Was he not a criminal? But now he is a clone? What are you talking-"

And then Souji spoke. What he said-And how he said it, struck a nerve with Shougo, who eyed him with even more wariness than he did before. This was no act. That was definitely no act. No human had eyes like that. No human spoke like that. No human moved like that. And he blinked in absolutely regularly intervals. This was no human. This was a monster in the guise of a human, and this set off a primal terror in Shougo-One that he thought he had all but forgotten, in the deep, dark recesses of his earliest childhood memories. Unconsciously, his hands knocked objects off the table behind himself, causing them to clatter to the ground loudly as he searched for a weapon-Any weapon. Anything that would put a little bit of distance between him and that...Thing.

"I...Ishimaru-senpai...That thing...It is..."

He gaped, at a loss for words. It would be fairly apparent that he was not comfortable with the idea of him being the third member of the party for the time being, to say the least.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-03-03 at 01:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio tilts his head a little as he looks at the picture and then says, "Their still really well done. However where as the other one was majestic and miraculous the others are quite different. The first one feels almost empty, and yet there is a feel of power there mixed with a hint of dread. The second picture is quite eerie. Figures that you can't really perceive. All of them moving you to a destination you can't see. Why do they hang back, why can't you see them, and why do they seem to fill you with uneasyness.

Then there is the last one. Like I said before the phoenix exuded majesty and miraculousness. This creature seems to exude a demand for respect. It has and aura of power about it. Not only that put ruthlessness, because it can be just as cold and unforgiving as the lands that surround it. Of the saying is it better to be feared or respected it feels like this creature demands both."

With his critique finished Tobio nods in appreciation of all of her pictures with great approval before saying, "I realize that your probably tired of hearing say this Ryuu-san but you really have a talent for this kind of thing."

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

She shrugs, and grins at him.

"Not so much that I mind you saying it again. And yeah, those impressions are pretty accurate, according to the legends I based them on... Do any of them click with you as a symbol, though?"

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio thinks for a moment as he takes another bite out of his ice cream sandwich. He then speaks up after he finishes swallowing, "Well, definitely not the second picture. I'm pretty open to most people and I don't hide myself away to manipulate others. I don't think think that I'm that scary or empty so I don't think that I could be the first one, though I woudn't completely rule it out. The last one seems to fit the most, at least it does whenever I'm on duty. I hate criminals that those that would hurt others for their own gain. So to most criminals I probably do seem cold when it comes time to arrest them. As you can see though I'm usually quite the friendly person."

He finishes off his ice cream sandwich after his little monolouge before reaching into his pocket and pulling out another to give to Ryuu with a smile on his face as he says, "Would you like one?"

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods a little.

I guess that sounds good.

We should probably mess up our hair a little or something. Make it a little more believable.
    Crocell taps his chin before saying, "Is sounds good. Mabye we shoud put a little dirt on your clothes as well?"
    "Indeed. Not too much, though, or those trigger happy teachers will get us for being badly dressed.

It was nice meeting you, Shiota-san; At least the second time round."

Kin gave Crocell a neat little curtsey, before rushing off to find some good dirt. Once she'd found it, there followed a period of artful hair-messing and clothes-dirtying. She examined the final effect in a hand mirror and nodded to herself.

"Not bad at all. Come on, let's head back to school before even this isn't enough to get us off the hook."

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Souji nods cordially, giving his Master a thoughtful glance. "It is fine Master, that is an accurate description of our situation, and there is no problem in describing it in such a way. However, do not apologize for your analysis, as information is the ultimate assumption of knowledge, and apologizing for it is unnecessary." Souji looks slightly annoyed about how his Master has decided to describe his situation, and he grows more frustrated as she continues speaking. "Master, freedom is something I can never achieve now. As a clone of [DATA WITHHELD, VICINITY HOLDS BEING WITH INSUFFICIENT ACCESS]-sama, under his orders I cannot leave your side until such a time as when he tells me too. Even if you do manage to 'break' the conditioning of 'Fuschichou Souji', it would not be the 'Fuschichou Souji' you knew. I apologize greatly for this Master, as if you call [DATA WITHHELD, VICINTY HOLDS BEING WITH INSUFFICIENT ACCESS]-sama, 'someone with a really twisted sense of humor', Fuschichou Souji must have been dear to you. I am 2796, not Fuschichou Souji." Souji pauses in his speech, realizing that he has been calling himself 'Souji' rather than 2796 this entire time. "Master, would you like for me to rectify what I call myself? I do not wish to bring undue pain to you." He says, worrying about his Master's reaction."
    Moroe felt her spirits sink a little as she heard that final question. A fellow human being had just asked if his name troubled her, then offered to change it. Others would treat their name as a part of their identity, but to 2796 it was apparently just a label, to be discarded without hesitation if it didn't meet with Moroe's approval.

"I really am your whole world, aren't I? I'm the reason you exist."

Well, she wouldn't abuse that blind devotion. She wasn't going to become like her 'comrades', who revelled in the power they had over the innocent. This newborn soul was going to have a sensei rather than a master; A sensei who would teach him, care for him and give him a new beginning. Hmm, 'beginning'. 'Beginning'...

"...Hajime. I'd like your name to be Hajime. And as for what I thought about Fuschichou Sou-"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    "I...Ishimaru-senpai...That thing...It is..."

He gaped, at a loss for words. It would be fairly apparent that he was not comfortable with the idea of him being the third member of the party for the time being, to say the least.
    Moroe spun around with an alarm that grew stronger once she saw what Shougo was doing. Clearly he was having some trouble accepting this new development. She sometimes forgot how shocking things like this could be to people who weren't used to them. Moroe quickly took a step towards him, hands held palm outwards in a placating gesture.

"Nimori? Nimori, calm down. It's okay, it's okay. This isn't Fuschichou Souji; And he's not a 'thing' either."

Though most of that plea was spoken in a reassuring tone, the last sentence had a cold edge to it. She braced herself to step in if the situation turned ugly. It looked as if this new trio might be off to a rocky start...