New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Dello
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

“It’s no problem Alia-san,” Koto said as she was looking at the menu. When she heard Tobio order she looked over at him, and raised her eyebrows in surprised. “Ah big appetite.” She gave a small chuckle. Returning her attention to the menu, she tapped her finger against her chin. There were quite a few things that looked good.

“Hmm. Can I get Gyoza, two Onigiri, and Kankoku Ramen, please? Oh and a cola, thank you.” She smiled happily and gave a small bow of her head.

Turning her attention from ordering, she wandered off to the table sitting down with Yuuma. As she set her bookbag down next to her, she gave a loud sigh shaking her head. “Oh dear I think I ordered too much Yuuma you may have to help me finish it all.” She looked up at him with big, shiny blue eyes.

She had said she would treat him, but it looked like either he had forgotten or something.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looks at Johnathan as he says, "Well their Tonkatsu is pretty good. Their sea food is also delicious. Plus their American food is delicious. However if you don't like too many calories then your best sticking to the Japanese cuisine."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Tanjun
    Guest in the Playground

Yuuma gave a laugh

Come on, you need to eat a lot, otherwise you'll stay flat as a board forever.

Initially he'd meant to stop teasing her but there was just something about this fluff ball of a girl that just seemed to beg to be teased. Although he'd gotten a few bruises before from such dangerous exploits it was all in good fun and he was pretty sure she know...maybe.

But I suppose if it can't be help I'll take what's left over. It'll be one less day I need to cook.

In this case the definition of cook was go to a convenience store and get some instant noodles and microwave them. Even then it only has a 50/50 chance of being edible.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Barbarian in the Playground

The warehouse looks abandoned, slowly rotting on the edge of district 19's failed industrial area. Smashed windows lined the top of the walls, and graffiti covered most of the rusting walls. Weeds grew thick through the cracked asphalt around the building, and the rusted barbed wire fence that surrounded the parking lot and building shifted slowly in the wind. It looked like it was about to fall inwards and collapse any day now. Of course, that was the point-inquiring minds poking around was the last thing they wanted. Yori leaned over and lifted a rusting keycard reader off the wall, revealing a surprisingly new-looking optical scanner. He holds his eye open as it sweeps across his retina, the software recognizing him as cleared for entrance after a few seconds of deliberation.

"Identity Confirmed.
    Fukui Yori-G.E.A.R. Clearance Zero.
    Time: 1543 hours Japan Standard Time.
    Door Unlocked."

There's a muted click as the locks on the door disengage and it slides into the wall. Yori steps inside and the door silently glides shut as he walks down the corridor, hefting the case he had received earlier from the doctor.

The inside of the building bore a stark contrast to the decaying outer shell. Gleaming grey corridors stretched on, florescent lighting casting a harsh glare over one way mirrors that looked onto empty surgical rooms and vacant laboratories. Placards lined the walls, labeling rooms and directing people to their destinations. The whole building felt sterile. Sterile and dead, each echo stretched ominously into muted whispers that bounced around the building.

Yori stalked down the halls with purpose, brushing past the occasional lab tech bustling by with containers of dubious chemicals or racks of sealed vials. He reaches his destination, a door marked "G.E.A.R. Program Lab B-13", and opens the door. Some of the technicians and doctors glance up as he walks in, but most of them are clustered around a surgical table near the opposite end of the giant room and are too focused to notice. Yori clears his throat.

"I'm back from the meet, and I've got a present. The good doctor had the splicing catalysts we needed, and a few extras besides that."

One of the doctors overseeing the surgery looks up and glides over to Yori, gently taking the attache from him. He wordlessly reaches into the bag, pulling out bottles and beakers, syringes and vials, lining them up on a nearby surgical cart after checking the labels. When all is said and done, he smiles and claps Yori on the back.

"Good job, sir. This is more than enough, plus you managed to get extra donses of RMK-55 and PZX-210. Not only does this put us back on schedule, it shaves a few days off! Oh, the chemistry geeks are going to love you for this one. How'd you do it, sir?"

Yori shrugs.

"Money. Enough of it and you can get almost anything you need. It puts a dent in our budget, but I'm more concerned with results than our bottom line."

The doctor nods knowingly, tapping the side of his nose with his finger.

"Indeed, sir, indeed. Now, will you be staying for the next G.E.A.R. trial run? We think this one might be it. It took twice as much sedative as usual to put down before we could start the procedure."

Yori stretches, cracking his neck and back. He shakes his head

"No, I'm done for the day. I'm gonna go grab a bite to eat and finish out this weeks's massive stack of incident reports. Honestly, I wish you guys could maintain better lab discipline and keep your mouths shut when you're off-site."

He gives a dismissive wave to the doctor and winds his way back down the corridors of the labyrinthine building and exits out a side door. Soon. They would be done soon. He allows himself a smile as he wanders off towards the nearest restaurant. In about a a week, the G.E.A.R. project would come to fruition, and he'd have what he wanted. No, he'd have what he deserved. Ah, but first, a late lunch. And then after dinner he'd have to deal with that rat of a doctor...
    Last edited by Duos; 2012-03-12 at 09:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    The little girl stomps her foot again, and runs over to the bed, narrowly avoiding Hajime.

"I'm in the right room! Stop trying to kick me out to have some alone time with Oniichan, Oneechan! That's icky!"

She shudders at the mere though of her Oniichan stuck alone with this... liar.

"He did say you were a bit 'assumatious'... He said if you 'keep on sayin' that Shiki is lying, you should tell her "Ants on the Line".'"

She looks at Moroe, confusion in her eerie eyes. "Oneechan, what are Ants on the Line?"
    Moroe froze, in more ways than one. In an instant all the casual annoyance drained away from her, to be replaced by a chill that wouldn't have been out of place in the depths of space. Those four, seemingly innocuous words always had this effect on her. Every time she managed to fool herself into thinking that she had control over her life, they would come without fail to remind her of the truth: That, in the end, she was nothing more than a puppet. Moroe looked down at the little girl who'd just become the latest in a long line of 'clients'. She'd sometimes wondered where having an innocent in that role would make her feel any less hatred towards them, and now she knew: It didn't.

"So, this is how low I've sunk in their estimation. Now they're even giving kids a turn with my leash. Fine, let's get this over with. Tell me your problem."

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougos' brow furrowed as he heard Moroe respond to this; but he said nothing, as he slowly began to piece together what he knew about Moroe. Even for the normally conservative Shougo, the evidence seemed to point at Moroe not being your ordinary middle schooler, but something more sinister...The thought caused his stomach to clench. Whatever she was involved in sounded like some sort of cheesy codeword for some 'secret' organisation. Normally, that alone would be enough for Shougo to dismiss it as being too absurd to be real; after all, what were the chances of Academy City having a secret organisation which involved middle schoolers? But then again, he reminded himself, there was the Beta Class project which Kensuke had just told him about just minutes before...And the way that Moroe reacted after hearing those four words appeared far too genuine, far too ...Weary, as though she was used to being in such a situation.

And all things considered, he thought, once he took a step back: the chances of there being underground projects of dubious ethics in a city famed for producing children with superpowers was pretty high. And if anyone was entangled within their doubtlessly nefarious plots of some sort, it would almost certainly be someone like Moroe-Confident, inexplicably skilled and competent, and a powerful Esper to boot (well, he wasn't so sure about the exact nature of her power, but he was willing to wager that she was a powerful technopath of some sort). It made him feel a little inferior, to be honest, yet if what she he feared was true...The thought chilled him to the bone. She would be placed in more danger than he could imagine, and he had already given his word that he would not allow that.

"Onnanoko-chan? Ishimaru-senpai? What are the both of you talking about...?"

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe silently cursed her carelessness. Until a few days ago she'd had no problem with keeping secrets; Now she seemed to be haemorrhaging them like crazy. No doubt Shougo and Hajime would be more than a little curious about all these cryptic comments. Moroe shot them what was supposed to be an innocent look. Unfortunately, it was hard to look innocent when so much hate and self-loathing was trying to force its way to the surface.

"Just a private joke. It turns out that we share a mutual friend. She's calling in a favour on his behalf, so I have to go and help. I'm really sorry, but it looks like you and Hajime will have to start the ball rolling without me. I promise I'll come back to help as soon as I possibly can."

Even as Moroe trotted out this lie, she knew that it wouldn't work. Even sweet, trusting Shougo was practically certain to challenge such a pathetic excuse. As for Hajime, he'd probably demand to come along anyway, whether he believed the story or not. Moroe could already see the consequences of this ill-advised tactic playing out in her mind...

...So why had she used it? Why, instead of looking for a way out, was she already resigning herself to having others along for the ride again? Could it be that she actually wanted th-NO. Absolutely not. That couldn't be the reason. No, she was just getting sloppy. That was all. Sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal lets out a laugh when Kin gets buried. It was funny.

You sure do have a bunch of stuff here, Krystal says as she grabs an item to examine it. Your closet always been full of fabrics?
    "Not full, no. I ordered all this yesterday, during our little shopping spree. It's possible that I might have gone slightly overboard...

Nah, on second thoughts, this is perfect."

Rather than digging herself out of the pile, Kin buried herself even deeper within it.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dello View Post
    “It’s no problem Alia-san,” Koto said as she was looking at the menu. When she heard Tobio order she looked over at him, and raised her eyebrows in surprised. “Ah big appetite.” She gave a small chuckle. Returning her attention to the menu, she tapped her finger against her chin. There were quite a few things that looked good.

“Hmm. Can I get Gyoza, two Onigiri, and Kankoku Ramen, please? Oh and a cola, thank you.” She smiled happily and gave a small bow of her head.

Turning her attention from ordering, she wandered off to the table sitting down with Yuuma. As she set her bookbag down next to her, she gave a loud sigh shaking her head. “Oh dear I think I ordered too much Yuuma you may have to help me finish it all.” She looked up at him with big, shiny blue eyes.

She had said she would treat him, but it looked like either he had forgotten or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Tobio looks at Johnathan as he says, "Well their Tonkatsu is pretty good. Their sea food is also delicious. Plus their American food is delicious. However if you don't like too many calories then your best sticking to the Japanese cuisine."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanjun View Post
    Yuuma gave a laugh

Come on, you need to eat a lot, otherwise you'll stay flat as a board forever.

Initially he'd meant to stop teasing her but there was just something about this fluff ball of a girl that just seemed to beg to be teased. Although he'd gotten a few bruises before from such dangerous exploits it was all in good fun and he was pretty sure she know...maybe.

But I suppose if it can't be help I'll take what's left over. It'll be one less day I need to cook.

In this case the definition of cook was go to a convenience store and get some instant noodles and microwave them. Even then it only has a 50/50 chance of being edible.
    "Hm. I've always had a fondness for Japanese food anyway, and since where I'd been running is full of Skill-Out now... That's probably best, yes," the empath replies, turning to his sister.

"Four sticks of Unagi, two dozen pieces of Takoyaki, two things of Gyuudon, and two Unagidon, please," the silicokinetic requests, smiling, after a brief discussion with Johnathan.

Ordering complete, they go to sit down at the table as well, with Johnathan taking the seat next to Koto, and Alia any empty one facing the door with no window behind her.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio walks over as he takes his place next to Alia and Yuuma. It only takes about 15 minutes for their food to be prepared and served to them. Tobio's mouth would be watering if it were not for the fact that he was in good company. So instead he took a bottle of ranch from the available condiments and used it to decorate his pizza slices. He then starts on those first hungrily yet politely biting into them and managing to somehow maintain a polite and dignified atmosphere while eating at high speed. Within 5 minutes he has finished his pizza and is moving on to his Unagi.

Before he starts into them though he decides to make conversation and so start with Yuuma and Koto. "So Yuuma-san, you go to Azabu correct? What's it like there? Also do you have an esper ability?"

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "Not full, no. I ordered all this yesterday, during our little shopping spree. It's possible that I might have gone slightly overboard...

Nah, on second thoughts, this is perfect."

Rather than digging herself out of the pile, Kin buried herself even deeper within it.
    Kin's digging gets to Krystal. She grins, then bursts out laughing.

You're like...hahaha...you're like a mole...hehehe...a cloth mole...hahaha! She doubles over in laughter.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Tanjun
    Guest in the Playground

As Tobio decides to take people sized bites out of courtesy Yuuma begins to eat his food with a sense of elegance that had been hammered into him since childhood. Upon hearing Tobio's question Yuuma takes a break from his focus on food, and after gulping down some Cola focuses back on the question at hand.

Azabu? I guess it's alright. The only thing that's good about it really is that it's in the school garden. The teachers are a pain, the homework is a pain, the walk there is a pain-

He looks like he was going to continue ranting about the hardships of first world country problems but then decides against it.

And yeah, I'm an Esper. Last time they checked I'm level 3. Hopefully I can make it to four...and level 5 would be really awesome too.

He stairs off into space imagining himself as one of the illustrious level 5 espers that he has heard so much about. He continues spacing out for a little bit before snapping himself back to the reality of things.

Hmm, though I wish my esper power was a little more convenient.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods as he finishes off his Unagi. "Huh, I'm a level 3 as well. Though in my case I been training extra hard lately. I'm nearly a level 4 now. It really makes me feel good about myself that I can still improve like this. What's you power? I'm a Cryokinetic myself. And if you don't mind me asking what is your power Koto-san?"

After he finishes asking his questions he pops open one of his cans of Sprite and takes a drink. He then starts on his spaghetti and udon.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Dello
    Guest in the Playground

Koto had been ready to hit Yuuma for his mockery of her chest size. The only thing that stopped her was the fact that the rest of the company joined the table. With a sigh, she set her clenched fist in her lap and relaxed it. She would make sure to get Yuuma back before the day was over.

As the food was served to them, she happily started on her ramen. She wasn’t bothered with being elegant like Yuuma. She actually gave a small scoff in his direction. “My, someone sure is eating like he’s an Ouji-san…” Returning to her food after her comment at him, she washed down the food with a few sips of her cola.

She perked her head up when Tobio asked questions. And then shook her head when Yuuma went on a rant about how everything was a pain for him. He really liked to complain about things.

“My ability is Mnemokinesis,” she replied as she started to eat again. She didn’t sound very happy to be talking about it. “I’m level 3 trying for level 4. It’s a bit tedious to use really.” She kept her eyes lowered at her food as she stuffed her face with one of the onigiri to keep herself from talking more.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Tanjun
    Guest in the Playground

Yuuma shrugs off Koto's comment with a yawn.

Blame my parents and Operant Conditioning for my amazingly suave table manners.

Although he talked as if he was bragging about this; but his face and tone of voice seemed disinterested, as if he'd rather not talk about such things.

My power is technically Aerokinesis although at this point I can only do troublesome things with it.

expertly twirling a chopstick between his fingers Yuuma looks thoughtful for a moment.

So how did you three meet each other?

He said motioning to Tobio, Aila, and Johnathan before returning to his food.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's digging gets to Krystal. She grins, then bursts out laughing.

You're like...hahaha...you're like a mole...hehehe...a cloth mole...hahaha! She doubles over in laughter.
    Kin popped her head out in order to give a good-natured snort. She turned her nose up at Krystal as if mortally offended, but couldn't hold back the giggle that revealed her true feelings on the matter.

"First a gecko, now a mole? I'd better come up with a good superhero name fast, or one of those is going to stick. Just for that little nickname, young lady, you are hereby banned from my cloth heap of happiness! No entry, on pain of death!"

So saying, her head descended once more out of sight, like the periscope of a very strange submarine.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Kin popped her head out in order to give a good-natured snort. She turned her nose up at Krystal as if mortally offended, but couldn't hold back the giggle that revealed her true feelings on the matter.

"First a gecko, now a mole? I'd better come up with a good superhero name fast, or one of those is going to stick. Just for that little nickname, young lady, you are hereby banned from my cloth heap of happiness! No entry, on pain of death!"

So saying, her head descended once more out of sight, like the periscope of a very strange submarine.
    Krystal can't help but continue laughing. This was too much for her. She never thought she'd be watching somebody dig through clothes like this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

[OOC:Jin's chat color is Lime. And yeah, sorry for not posting for so long.]
    An abandoned back alley in District 9.

A lone skill-out, probably no older than 18, in ragged clothes is helplessly pinned against a wall by a group of espers.

“I don’t- I swear man, I didn’t do anything! Let me go!”

“Yeah, right. Get off our streets, you pathetic Skill-out.”

“**** man, what? Just because you have powers-“

“And you don’t. You’re pathetic trash that doesn’t even deserve to breathe the same air as us.”

“Yeah, what’re you going to do? Throw rocks at us? Rob a bank or two? There was just one half an hour ago, yaknow? Wanna join your Skill-Out buddies in the lockup?”

“Lay the hell off! You people are worse than-“

The boy eats a punch to the face, courtesy of the leader of the group.

“Thought I needed to put you in your place.”

“How about the group of you step away, and I don’t break every single bone in your body?”

A Tokiwadai girl turns and glares. “What? Oh, who’s this? Aren’t you that damned Nagatenjouki student that cost Tokiwadai the Daihaisei win in the Ball-Tossing competition? I’m going to enjoy beating you to death.”

“Oi, Ren. You just picked a fight with six espers.”

“I know.”

Jin rushes in before Ren, sending the leader of the group flying into a wall with a combination of his abilities and a rugby tackle.

“****, who is that guy?”

“Don’t know, just burn him!”

A pyrokinetic raises his arm, gathering a fireball in his palm-

-Only to have Ren take him out with a straight punch to the solar plexus.

“Damn takedown squad- Run!”

Before Ren or Jin can react, all they see and hear are a bright flash, followed by a deafening bang. As he recovers, all Ren can see is the silhouette of four people running, two with their friends slung over their backs.

“That was a Judgment flash-bang. No doubt about it.”

“Check on the kid.”

“Yeah, Yeah. Oi, you. You okay?”

“Huh… I guess. You stopped them before they could do much. But why would an esper like you help me?”

“I guess because we hate bullies. Who were they?”

“I… They… They’re the Pure Streets.”

“What-? Say again.”

“The Pure Streets.”

“Not possible.”

“Yeah, they are the Pure Streets. If you don’t believe it, they operate out of the Nimori Dojo, in District 6. I can give you the address. They beat up Skill-Outs, think all of us are scum and crap. You ask me, they’re the scum. All I was doing was coming home from work, yanno.”

“... Enough of that. You should get that bruise looked at in a hospital.”

“Yeah, don’t worry about me. Thanks, man. Name’s Yoroi Shinji. Here’s my number. I’ll… Pay you back eventually. Somehow. I’ll figure a way out, don’t worry about it.”

“Hey man, you don’t have to-“

Before Jin can finish his sentence, the boy was already gone.

“I just stop a robbery, come out for a break and I have to deal with this…”

“You and me both, man. Glad I quit.”

“Don’t remind me.”

"So what of those Judgment kids? You going to investigate?"

"We'll see."

"Not my business is it?"

"You're the one who's "ex-Judgment"."

"Only got out of six of those eleven contracts... I'll back you up if you need it."

"No need."

"Sure you don't. Best get back to school now eh, before Ogawa creams us for being late for his class. Pure Streets, eh... That was years ago. I don't think it was the old bunch."
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2012-03-16 at 12:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ettin in the Playground

Krystal can't help but continue laughing. This was too much for her. She never thought she'd be watching somebody dig through clothes like this.
    Kin really had gone overboard while buying all this fabric. The pile was easily large enough to cover her completely, with room to spare. When she shifted invisibly beneath the surface, it almost looked like a bizarre patchwork creature from another world. This effect was reinforced when a fabric tentacle (actually Kin's arm) suddenly snaked its way out of the main mass and started probing the air. It pointed first to Krystal, then to a desk in the corner. If Krystal followed its lead, she'd find a collection of sketches and designs for their costumes scattered across it, waiting to be sewn into reality.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Still giggling, Krystal goes to the desk in question. She will grab the sketches and bring them back to Kin, skimming though them as she goes.

Wow...these are pretty good.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tanjun View Post
    Yuuma shrugs off Koto's comment with a yawn.

Blame my parents and Operant Conditioning for my amazingly suave table manners.

Although he talked as if he was bragging about this; but his face and tone of voice seemed disinterested, as if he'd rather not talk about such things.

My power is technically Aerokinesis although at this point I can only do troublesome things with it.

expertly twirling a chopstick between his fingers Yuuma looks thoughtful for a moment.

So how did you three meet each other?

He said motioning to Tobio, Aila, and Johnathan before returning to his food.
    Tobio chuckles a little and not in the nervous way either. The atmosphere in this place is really relaxing. No wonder he was starting to unwind. Heck the whole place seemed to be designed for comfort. "Well we actually met when I was investigating a little scuffle that Johnathan-san got into with a woman named Ivaz for Judgment. That is also how I met Alia-san. Although I don't know that much about them, then again you guys don't know much about me do you? Still I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet you guys."

He then moves on to his Tempura and Chicken fingers eating at a more sedated pace as his ettiquete starts to resemble Touma's. "Also Koto-san Having good table manners aren't a bad thing. My father has an almost samurai like attitude. If I didn't eat politely I got smacked on the head the head with a bokken. He also taught me that sometimes you have to eat quickly in order to 'Not give your enemies time to strike you while your guard is down.' He was really inspired by Miyamoto Musashi. Luckily he still showers. So I had to learn to eat quickly and politely or else I would get attacked after he finished his meal. Though half the time I think he only acts like that to mess with me."

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Halfling in the Playground

Darius
    Darius is once again training. Training. More Training. Training. Notious barfing snakes.
    Robot
    Hollow is currently walking along in the less clean area of AC, looking for a place to make a base.
    Yenreit
    Yenreit wakes up, having fainted to do not eating enough. He begins to walk home.

[OOC] what day is it [OOC]
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ettin in the Playground

Still giggling, Krystal goes to the desk in question. She will grab the sketches and bring them back to Kin, skimming though them as she goes.

Wow...these are pretty good.
    Without warning Kin leapt to her feet, causing a shower of fabric to rain over the room. Despite this, her skin was still almost completely covered by assorted scraps which were held in place by her power, though it wasn't clear whether that was by choice.

"'Pretty good' isn't good enough! For the sake of your vision, these costumes must be perfect! The idea and the reality must be one and the same!"

23. - Top - End - #1253

Moroe silently cursed her carelessness. Until a few days ago she'd had no problem with keeping secrets; Now she seemed to be haemorrhaging them like crazy. No doubt Shougo and Hajime would be more than a little curious about all these cryptic comments. Moroe shot them what was supposed to be an innocent look. Unfortunately, it was hard to look innocent when so much hate and self-loathing was trying to force its way to the surface.

"Just a private joke. It turns out that we share a mutual friend. She's calling in a favour on his behalf, so I have to go and help. I'm really sorry, but it looks like you and Hajime will have to start the ball rolling without me. I promise I'll come back to help as soon as I possibly can."

Even as Moroe trotted out this lie, she knew that it wouldn't work. Even sweet, trusting Shougo was practically certain to challenge such a pathetic excuse. As for Hajime, he'd probably demand to come along anyway, whether he believed the story or not. Moroe could already see the consequences of this ill-advised tactic playing out in her mind...

...So why had she used it? Why, instead of looking for a way out, was she already resigning herself to having others along for the ride again? Could it be that she actually wanted th-NO. Absolutely not. That couldn't be the reason. No, she was just getting sloppy. That was all. Sloppy.
    "Yaaaay~! Oneechan came around to my side!"

The little girl dances happily, looking pleased. "Can oniichan come too, oneechan? I think he'd be really useful to help!"

She hasn't mentioned what the task is - nor the loathsome nature of it. Her innocence is disgusting, sickening. Wrong. The little girl who dared - dared to pretend that she was normal, that she was innocent, after saying those defiled, loathsome words.

"I bet he's strong! Really strong!"

...Moroe might laugh at that, just a little bit.

Fuschichou Souji? Strong?

No.

Never.

He was a weakling. In his final moments, his eyes just wanted to be saved - even after all that he had done to her, after all he had made her become, they just asked her to forgive him, to save him.

Why?

It was a single, simplistic question, but it was something that had danced in her head for a while, now.

Why would he do that? Why would he ruin her plans? Why did he hate her so much?

And why didn't Hajime?

"...Master? Hajime asks with a touch of concern. Are you all right, or should I remove this girl from the room?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe tried to ignore the little girl's babble. She may have been bound to solve her problem, but that was as far as her obligation went. She had no interest in indulging irrelevant whims. Instead she responded to the refreshingly straightforward Hajime as if Shiki hadn't even spoken.

"I'm fine. There are just some things that I need to discuss with this girl. We're going to step outside for a minute, so wait here until I..."

She paused. Now that she came to think about it, there was really no point in trying to hide the truth of this from Hajime. In Shougo's case there was still a chance (albeit slim) that she'd be able to keep him from becoming involved in her latest troubles. Though unlikely to be persuaded, he could at least be deceived, or distracted. No such luck with Hajime. It wasn't really possible to distract a person from your problems when you were the centre of their personal universe; And it was hard to keep them away when the two of you were bound to each other by an oath to the most powerful Esper in the city, under pain of death. Like it or not, Hajime was hers, at least for now.

"On second thought, you might as well come along too. Come on, let's get this over with."

Without giving Shougo a chance to protest, she shot straight out the door. If Hajime and the girl followed quickly enough, they'd hopefully be able to turn a few corners, duck into an another room and lose him.

25. - Top - End - #1255

Without warning Kin leapt to her feet, causing a shower of fabric to rain over the room. Despite this, her skin was still almost completely covered by assorted scraps which were held in place by her power, though it wasn't clear whether that was by choice.

"'Pretty good' isn't good enough! For the sake of your vision, these costumes must be perfect! The idea and the reality must be one and the same!"
    Peeling some cloth from her hair, Krystal grins at Kin's enthusiasm.

Well, you're the woman for the job, huh?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

It was hard to make out Kin's expression under her mask of fabric, but her voice was loud and exuberant.

"I am indeed. Now, please peruse those plans with great perspicacity. Point out even the slightest discrepancy between them and the costume which has (until now) been confined solely to your dreams. Forget being adequate; In this endeavor, we are aiming for no less than absolute perfection!"

27. - Top - End - #1257

Moroe tried to ignore the little girl's babble. She may have been bound to solve her problem, but that was as far as her obligation went. She had no interest in indulging irrelevant whims. Instead she responded to the refreshingly straightforward Hajime as if Shiki hadn't even spoken.

"I'm fine. There are just some things that I need to discuss with this girl. We're going to step outside for a minute, so wait here until I..."

She paused. Now that she came to think about it, there was really no point in trying to hide the truth of this from Hajime. In Shougo's case there was still a chance (albeit slim) that she'd be able to keep him from becoming involved in her latest troubles. Though unlikely to be persuaded, he could at least be deceived, or distracted. No such luck with Hajime. It wasn't really possible to distract a person from your problems when you were the centre of their personal universe; And it was hard to keep them away when the two of you were bound to each other by an oath to the most powerful Esper in the city, under pain of death. Like it or not, Hajime was hers, at least for now.

"On second thought, you might as well come along too. Come on, let's get this over with."

Without giving Shougo a chance to protest, she shot straight out the door. If Hajime and the girl followed quickly enough, they'd hopefully be able to turn a few corners, duck into an another room and lose him.
    Something blinked in his eyes, just a spark, unnoticed in the rustle of the room.

But it was there. A single tiny facet of emotion. A single hint of humanity inside an emotionless robot. A hint of gratitude.

She wanted him with her. She didn't care that he was probably dangerous, that he was technically Fuschichou Souji. He was helpful enough, useful enough that it didn't matter.

Even so, it meant almost nothing, less than nothing, to the boy. He was a doll with no feelings, unable to respond to even the simplest social ques. Unable to follow a conversation, unable to laugh and cry, unable to live. His life was a blank slate, empty of any and everything.

But he was grateful.

To her. He lived for her, died for her, breathed for her, and would kill for her. The bond he had with her was that of a Master and a Servant, unbreakable for all of eternity.

If she asked, he would follow. If she told him to die, he would die. He begins walking towards the door, only a single thought sounding in his mind.

"...Yes Master. Hajime says as he follows her out of the room."

Yes, Master.

Another strand of hair on his head faded to blue.

------

They walked through the corridors, turning this way and that, avoiding any blockades, any way that Shougo could catch up, until they came to a halt.

Then the girl began speaking.

"Thank you Oneechan! I knew you'd see it my way soon enough!" She hops up and down in joy, and giggles with glee. She's really just a child - a real child - which makes her use of the phrase that controlled Moroe all the stranger. What could a child possibly need from a killer? What could a child possibly require that wasn't attainable by normal means?

"You're gonna be really helpful Oneechan! Really super-duper helpful! Those bad guys won't never ever catch me when you and Oniichan are around to protect me!" She smiled, her bizarre eyes grinning along with her, and her white hair flounced as she rocked back and forth on her feet.

A child that was being hunted. That's what the girl in front of her was. Did that matter? Did that change the fact that this girl was worse than Souji - he had broken her world to pieces, but this girl... this child, had recreated it anew. But her world was a hated one, filled with blood and tears and death. This girl had tried to drag others into it as well, even if she didn't mean to. And she was being hunted, constantly and fervently hunted.

But she was happy. It was so unfair. This little girl who danced and pranced before her, was happy.

"You and Oniichan will be the best protecterers ever Oneechan! Thanks!"

She smiles, a smile free of guile and malice. Such a mismatched smile with what she has said.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Krystal nods, and seriously looks over the papers, examining each carefully.

Finally, she holds one out to Kin. I'd say this is the one most like what I want. The only thing it needs is boots instead of heels. I can't do heels. She smiles a little.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah-"

And they were gone, leaving Shougo alone once again. He really wondered who this strange, strange girl was-And why her parents were not around to collect her...Perhaps she didn't have parents, he thought to himself with a twang of pity. He knew that what was like-And it was awful. Although his father was gone, he was glad that he had known him; for he dreaded to think of a life where he had not been chosen, out of all those other children who seemed so much stronger, so much cleverer, so much more talented at the orphanage.

He wondered what Moroes' parents were like-If they knew what she was up to. They probably wouldn't approve, he thought; but Moroe was not like other teenage girls. She was too confident, too talented, altogether too forceful to be left to be restrained to an ordinary civilian life. And he envied her. Wished he could be more like her-wished he could be more useful to her. He would have followed her, but he could read her body language-This was something that she did not want him butting into, and he would respect that wish. So he waited in his room, stretching out and testing his freshly healed body, noting how overheated the room felt.

And it felt good-Not only was the bruised rib and the ice burn gone, but all the little dents and nicks, all the small cuts and damaged muscle too. He was back to full strength, although he was still on the skinny side from when his father was teaching him, the courtesy of weeks of poor food. Still...

He threw a punch, which to an untrained eye traveled five feet so quickly that it did not even appear to have a shadow. He bounced on the balls of his feet, feeling lighter than he had in weeks, and smiled. He'd be of some use to Moroe now, at least.

__________________________________________________ ________
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-03-23 at 10:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe grimaced at this new development. Bodyguard duty? That didn't sound like the quick and simple task for which she'd been hoping. It was also hard to tell whether her new 'client' was a true innocent, playing with forces which she couldn't comprehend, or just another masked sadist who delighted in pulling people's strings. Age wasn't much of a guide when it came to judging these things. Still, for Shougo's sake, Moroe had to at least try to get out of this. Putting on her best begging face, she looked down at the little girl who held her leash.

"Erm, how urgent is this job of yours? It's just that...Oneechan...has something she really wants to do right now. A (I can't believe I'm saying this) precious friend is in trouble. Bad people are chasing him, and he needs my help to stop them. If you want I'll still go with you, but it's just so hard to leave someone who's (please don't let anyone else hear me spouting this tripe) so very close to my heart. So could you maybe manage without me for a little while? Please?"

Somehow Moroe managed to get through that whole plea without breaking character. Such things definitely did not come naturally to her.

Krystal nods, and seriously looks over the papers, examining each carefully.

Finally, she holds one out to Kin. I'd say this is the one most like what I want. The only thing it needs is boots instead of heels. I can't do heels. She smiles a little.
    "Your wish is, as always, my command."

In the blink of an eye Kin zoomed over to the desk. With practiced speed she whipped out a piece of paper, along with a specially made sketching pencil. The fabric covering her drawing arm fell away, so as not to impede the delicate movements required of it. In a matter of minutes she'd drawn up an exact duplicate of the sketch in Krystal's hand, with the exception of the shoes, and handed it to her friend for perusal.

"Better? Worse? Still not absolutely perfect? Speak of all things that offend your eye, so that I may erase them."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-03-23 at 10:47 AM.