New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

...suddenly found sleep impossible. Moroe burst out from beneath the sheets, gasping for air and explanations. Had one of the poison gas canisters got a puncture? No, that couldn't be it; None of them smelled anywhere near this bad. While trying desperately to shut down her own nose through willpower alone, she fumbled under the bed for her box of emergency supplies. Eventually she found her salvation, in the form of an old gas mask. At long last her screaming nostrils gained sweet relief.

Soon after, Hajime would have a visit from Moroe. Though her face was hidden, it wouldn't be difficult to picture her expression.

"Why, exactly, is my kitchen being used as a testing ground for chemical weapons?"

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wednesday

Tobio came out of his trance at seven, which is what he set his cellphones alarm to. He comes out of it feeling a little more tired that he did yesterday. So that was what his father meant. When he tranced he would never feel quite as rested as he would the previous time. With that in mind Tobio uses his time to get himself some breakfast after taking a shower and brushing his hair and teeth. After eating a full breakfast of rice porridge, miso soup and grilled salted salmon Tobio head off to Onizuka Middle School.

As he did he wondered if today would hold more surprises for him. As his mind flashes to the man from yesterday night as he grimaces from the memory and feels slightly nauseous. Hopefully none like what happened last night. With that thought the familiar clacking of skates on pavement sounds through the air as he skates to Onizuka.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Crocell blearily blinks the sleep from his eyes as he wakes up. Ready to face the day he gets up and eats some cereal before dressing in his Azabu uniform. He grabs his backpack and heads off to school. It doesn't take him long to get there and when he does a teacher finds him and immediately brings him before the principal.

After a few minutes of talking about proper behavior, school rules, and how this incident is never to be repeated Crocell leaves the office with a sour face and a week and a half worth of detentions. He is warned that the next step should this happen again would be suspension along with the notification of his parents. In his head Crocell decides that he should let the flames die down before something big happens again, lest he have an unpleasant chat with his parents. With classes about to start he heads to homeroom.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

A mop of golden hair shines in the suns rays as the ring of an alarm clock rouses Ryuji from his sleep. He sits up with his bed hair all over the place. He looks at the clock blearily and turns it off as he sees that it is six o'clock. He gets up and goes through his morning rituals. Showering and then brushing his hair till it frames his face in it's usual bob cut and putting on his Azabu uniform. He exits the second floor of his house as he heads to the kitchen for breakfast.

After cooking a traditional western breakfast he sits down to eat at the table with his mother. She looked remarkably like Ryuji, or rather he looked like her. Golden hair, bronze skin, and tall for a woman. She smiles at him as she says, "Another day another dollar huh, sochi-kun(Sochi=son)?" Ryuji smiles at her as he continues eating, making sure to swallow his food before he speaks, "Yes, but everyday even an ordinary one is worth living. Besides the shop is doing well, and I have the greatest and most beautiful mother in the world."

His mother laughs at Ryuji's flattery before getting up from the table where she finished her food. She takes the plate to the sink as Ryuji finishes eating before standing up as well. He is about to leave when she gives him a hug and says, "My sochi-kun is going to spoil me if he keeps talking like that. Anyways, don't let me hold you up, make sure to do well in your classes!" With that she sees him off to school. As she watches him leave she sighs to herself as she says, "He's growing more everyday. It won't be long until he's ready to leave the nest. Until that day though, and even after he'll always be my little golden boy." With that she heads back inside to finish preparing to go to work.

Ryuji arrives to the School Garden fairly early. Seeing as he has plenty of time before school starts he decides to take a seat on a nearby bench. He then opens the large case that contains his Saxaphone that Ichigo(one of his mothers boyfriends) got him. He then plays a joyous and fast paced tune on it to pass the time.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    ...suddenly found sleep impossible. Moroe burst out from beneath the sheets, gasping for air and explanations. Had one of the poison gas canisters got a puncture? No, that couldn't be it; None of them smelled anywhere near this bad. While trying desperately to shut down her own nose through willpower alone, she fumbled under the bed for her box of emergency supplies. Eventually she found her salvation, in the form of an old gas mask. At long last her screaming nostrils gained sweet relief.

Soon after, Hajime would have a visit from Moroe. Though her face was hidden, it wouldn't be difficult to picture her expression.

"Why, exactly, is my kitchen being used as a testing ground for chemical weapons?"
    "Hm?" He turned around, his hands still on the spatula he has been using, and a shirt with rolled up sleeves covering his body, a jacket tossed carelessly over his shoulder. His eyes meet her mask, and they light up a little bit - resulting in him inclining his head. "Oh! Hello Master, Hajime said in a happy tone of voice how are you today? I am cooking breakfast for you and the girl!"

He looks almost... happy, amused by this turn of events, as he stares hopelessly at what was apparently breakfast, but looked more like a charred black... thing.

"It... didn't go exactly as planned."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe sighed. It was hard to stay angry while looking at that innocent face. Destroyer of kitchens or not, the hapless clone had only been trying to help.

"...Evidently. Thanks for trying, but I'd prefer to handle breakfast myself."

She proceeded to dispose of Hajime's first (and hopefully only) culinary disaster, being careful not to actually touch it. Then, when the air conditioning had succeeded in clearing the atmosphere, the newly maskless Moroe set about preparing some food which, while basic, was at least edible.

"I hope our little guest isn't expecting anything fancy. Since my power lets me change the taste of food, I've never needed to learn how to cook anything past the basics."

5. - Top - End - #1415

Hajime nodded hesitantly, and watched her work for a moment, pots and pans and plates set out with practiced ease.

"She did not appear to mind the diner we attended yesterday Hajime says and that was fairly low-class."

That diner had been the lowest of low-class, judging from who had attended it, and who had been attacking him when he had fled the scene.

"Oh! That reminds me Master! Yesterday I was attacked by a group of people, who had access to the high-tech weaponry Academy City has to offer, and were able to fire on me without being halted by the police forces! They appeared to be after the other occupant of this household."

He says this all with a blank tone of voice, apart from the slight uplift when he opens, and he remains standing, looking at Moroe as he speaks.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

The plate that, up until a second ago, had been in Moroe's hand, fell to the floor with a crash. She whirled around to face Hajime, shock and concern written all over her face.

"What?! Who were they? Is the girl all right? Are you all right? Damn, I knew I shouldn't have sent you off like that. What was I thinking, putting an uninvolved bystander in the firing line?"

That was a rhetorical question. She knew exactly what she'd been thinking when she'd made that decision. And, like so many other things she'd done in her life, that knowledge didn't sit well with her.

7. - Top - End - #1417

Hajime, in sharp contrast, remained calm through Moroe's questions, staring at her with his piercing eyes, his lips twitching slightly as she rants and raves.

"Master, I am a combat designated clone, I was able to distract them and flee with ease. We were both unharmed by the encounter - you need not worry."

His voice was somehow soothing, despite it's deadened nature, and he looks at her with curiosity and concern in his eyes.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course I need to worry! This girl's 'bad guys' are apparently the real thing, and they're almost certainly going to attack again. There's also the fact that I put you up against them in the first place, which, despite your beliefs, is not okay."

Moroe gazed frustratedly at the strange boy who she had recently flung into danger. No matter how hard she looked, she couldn't find even a trace of resentment in his eyes. How was she supposed to feel appropriately guilty about her crimes when the victim didn't even think he'd been wronged? Eventually she just gave up, turned away and picked up the fully loaded (minus one plate) breakfast tray.

"...I need to eat. Come on, let's see if the little princess is awake yet."

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo did not awake that morning. Attached to half a dozen various machines, he was in the same state he was in the night before-Stable, but severe. At his side was his mother, Nimori Koizumi, understandably still staring in horrorstruck disbelief at her nearly-dead son and long since past the point of tears. For she had lost almost everything.

For her, the fact that her late husband had been avenged and his murderer brought to justice meant nothing if she lost her only beloved son, adopted though he was. Doctors flitted around her as the dark, early hours of the morning gave way to bright sunshine, but she moved not, simply continuing to stare at her comatose son.

The doctors said that the damage was 'quite severe'-And that her son would be unlikely to wake up anytime during the next decade; and when he did, he would probably be a different person. The internal haemorrhaging caused by the beating, they said, had damaged several parts of his brain, and while he was 'alive', per se, and was in no immediate danger of dying, even their advanced medical science would find it nearly impossible to repair (at least on paper-they did indeed have the capability to 'fix' Nimori Shougo, but it was both a risky process and one they would rather keep secret for now). Not only this, but Shougo's body was also devastated by the trauma-Several bones had shattered, and a handful of organs were unlikely to ever return to their full function. To top this off, a section of his spine had fractured, depriving him of the use of his lower body. Maybe it would be better if he never woke up.

No, today was not a good day for Nimori Koizumi, another sob wracking through her already thin body as she stared at the electronic monitor measuring her son's heartrate.

__________________________________________________ _______________

"Hanate! Kokoro ni kizanda yume wo-"

Mei turned off her alarm with a sleepy 'mrrrrh'. Normally used to a full eight hours' sleep, she had gotten five last night-If she was lucky. Coming home late from the movies, with a boy, she was then teased mercilessly by her father and given embarrassing 'advice' by her mother. She had tried to ignore all their playful prodding by going straight to bed without even taking a shower, but their laughter and 'discussion' outside about their daughter 'growing up so quickly' rapidly set her ears ablaze with embarrassment. They even mentioned 'Ren' one or two times there, and they were even beginning to plan a wedding for her!

That was too much, and she yelled at them so loudly that it woke the neighbours. After another round of laughter, they had finally left her alone.

Speaking of which, it was time to go to school. As she normally did, she showered, got dressed and had a quick breakfast, albeit a bit more tiredly than she normally did. In no time at all, she was at Tokiwadai Middle School, just in time for the bell to go off...

Only to overhear several murmurs among her peers about 'Kamakura Mei going off on a fancy date with some blue-haired boy from Onizuka...Ooh, the scandal!' Apparently, someone had found out, and the rumour had spread like wildfire.

Mei covered her ears and moaned in trepidation as she made her way towards class.

She hadn't heard, of course, people discussing just why it was a scandal-Many people had already noticed Meis' tsundere tendencies towards her partner, Shirogane Ren, and assumed that she was doing the equivalent of cheating on him (despite vigorous claims on both ends that they weren't going out, which, ironically, merely reinforced that idea even more firmly in the minds of the public).

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Just after Mei left her house, there was a loud knock on the door. As Mei's mother opened it, she saw a box with Mei's favorite cake inside, along with a note.

"Didn't see that SMS, was busy doing something. Saw these on sale though. - Ren"

Kamakura Huifang knew he was lying though- she had passed the shop on her way home yesterday, and there was no sale going on. It made it kind of obvious that Ren was in quite the rush. That, and the handwriting was a quick scribble, rather than his usual, measured way of writing.

------------------------------------------------------

"Must be nice to be a teleporter." Jin murmured as Ren fell into the seat next to him.

"It's funny, though. Why're you so late today? Usually you'd be here 5 minutes ago. You know, you being able to totally ignore traffic and bus timings and all those things us normal people have to deal with."

"Maybe if you used your power you'd be able to fly from building to building like some kind of glittery freezing Peter Pan." Ren grunted in irritation.

"Naw, I don't particularly like becoming a smear on a building wall, actually. I'll stick to the buses, thanks. But really, why so late? You left earlier than me."
    Jin spun his chair on the spot as he talked, waving to the other students who began streaming in.

"Had something to take care of. Homeroom now." Ren muttered, ending the conversation there as their homeroom teacher walked into the class.
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2012-05-08 at 09:40 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Thankfully Onizuka was in a totally different sector than the school garden, so word of Tobio's 'date' had not reached his school yet. He sits in his homeroom classes and listens to the teacher obediently. After wards he heads to his chemistry class which had the forgettable teacher that the man Yori, was looking for. He actually looked a little shaken today but Tobio dismissed it and he laid his head down on his desk to doze. As he did he at first was dreaming about ice skating out on a lake having fun as he usually did. The dream then violently changed when the sound of snapping jaws emerged and inky blackness engulfed him. He saw himself attack the man from last night with brutal savageness and watched as the life slowly drained from his eyes as his body froze.

Tobio woke with a frighting scream as he sat up ram rod straight and panting heavily. He looked at the teacher who had an annoyed look on his face and his classmates who were staring at him and whispering behind their hands. The teacher tapped his foot as he said, "Is there something wrong with my teaching methods Mr.Ishida?" Tobio blushed as he rubbed the back of his head and said, "No, sensei." before staying awake and taking notes with his clammy hands.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Ryuji headed off to his homeroom after putting up his sax and walking to Azabu's campus. He greeted his fellow classmates as he sat down and paid attention to the homeroom teacher Ms. Fairday. Measurements 89-40-80, not to shabby for a teacher in her early 40's. Though that strict expression detracted from such a marvelous form. She would look so much nicer with a small smile. After homeroom he proceeded to all of his classes and performed marvelously in all of them as usual. All he needed to do is wait for the day to end.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-05-10 at 12:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

As Tobio made his way out of the classroom, all eyes and ears seemed to be fixed upon him. Unsurprisingly, his little outburst had temporarily made him the centre of attention. All around him came the background noises of his fellow students: From the whispers of the simply curious, to cruel snickers from the more sadistic. Though it was hard to make out their actual words, the subject under discussion was painfully obvious. It seemed that, for a while, Tobio would just have to endure this background chatter-

"Nice scream, Ishida! Serves you right for falling asleep without your usual goodnight kiss from mother."

-along with the far more obvious jeers of Kiyoshi Jirou. The word 'background' was barely in his vocabulary.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio did his best to keep his blushing head down as he passed through the corridors to his next classroom. The jeers from the more sadistic of his peers strike a cord within him. The still couldn't see past him as the weird kid that most people stayed away from. Even Shougo wasn't here, so he had no one to talk to and not friends to help weather this moment. Then came the taunt of Kiyoshi Jirou. Jirou was no doubt very rude, but today he seemed to have been able to find time in his busy schedule to beat down Tobio's self-esteem even more. Without even a cursory glance Tobio simply walks past Jirou with a barely noticeable, "O-Ohayo, K-Kiyoshi-san." as he tries to get to his next class quickly to avoid the avid stares of his peers.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou wasn't going to be shrugged off so easily. He caught up to Tobio and started walking side by side with him. A mocking grin adorned his (already none too pleasant) face, and his voice oozed with sadistic glee.

"Hey hey, what's the hurry? No time to chat? After what happened in there, anyone would think that you were looking for a bit of attention."

He was so lucky; Just when he'd been getting hung up over that cocky opponent from yesterday, a great opportunity to beef himself up by putting someone else down had fallen into his lap.

"It's okay, we all understand why you did it. If I'd spent my whole life as a worthless wallflower, I'd probably snap too. It can't be easy, letting all that frustration build up until it's ready to burst out of you all at once..."

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio just kept his head down with his hair covering his eyes which were filled with hurt. For some reason Jirou was being unusually focused today. Normally he would probably throw an insult his way and when Tobio didn't react he would move on to more interesting prey. Yet here he was, his words continually beating down on Tobio. Combined with the the stress he was feeling and the trauma from yesterday Tobio was d*mn near close to tears, and anyone adept at reading body language could see it from the slight shaking of his shoulders. he clutched his books harder to he chest and he tried to block out Jirou's words. Of all days he had to pick the day that Tobio was at his most vulnerable. At the moment the only thing he wanted to do was find his best friend Mei and hopefully take comfort in her proximity. Any friend would do, even Ren. However none of them were here and all he could do was say, "Please stop it Kiyoshi-san." in a quiet voice.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou paid no heed to his target's distress. Feeling sympathy for Tobio would have been like empathising with a punching bag. Besides, letting loose like this just felt so good.

"Stop what? I'm trying to help. Come on, open up to me. Let old uncle Jirou know where it hurts. I'm guessing the pain's somewhere near where your spine would have been, if the boys in the shop had remembered to give you one."

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

[Onizuka - Wednesday]

Jirou's bullying of Tobio was quite easily noticed by the other students, although few seemed willing to do anything yet. One student did seem to be in conflict about it, however. Even though very few students should notice this person at all.

"I cannot just walk by, but I cannot help... What should I...? Oh bother."

Sighing, Nakamura Yua steps forward and puts a hand on Jirou's shoulder. With a calm monotone, the near-invisible Esper speaks. Which may make it appear as if Yua appeared out of thin air.

"Please d-do not disturb other students, Kiyoshi-san. It is impolite."

Yua says, trying to hide the near-panicky reaction the unnoticeable student has to speaking up.

[Azabu - Wednesday]

Azabu's roof. A place of relaxation and peacefulness for many students, but a place of adventure for Yamamoto Katsu.

"Feels like I have slept for weeks! But it is a new day and a new adventure!"

The speedster says. standing where one can see the entrance and garden of the academy far below. A leaf-covered Esper looking questioningly at the long-haired student talking to the air.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

"GAH!"

Up until then, Jirou had managed to look fairly intimidating. Unfortunately, it was hard to maintain an aura of menace while jumping at shoulder taps by small girls. He spun around with fists clenched, only barely catching himself from accidentally punching Yua in the face. After being in so many unfair brawls, his reflexes were on a hair trigger when it came to surprise attacks. Jirou didn't exactly calm down even after learning the identity of his 'attacker'; He just replaced surprise with righteous indignation.

"Geez, girl, don't do that! You wanna end up in the emergency ward? Besides, can't you see I'm in the middle of something here?"

19. - Top - End - #1429

"Of course I need to worry! This girl's 'bad guys' are apparently the real thing, and they're almost certainly going to attack again. There's also the fact that I put you up against them in the first place, which, despite your beliefs, is not okay."

Moroe gazed frustratedly at the strange boy who she had recently flung into danger. No matter how hard she looked, she couldn't find even a trace of resentment in his eyes. How was she supposed to feel appropriately guilty about her crimes when the victim didn't even think he'd been wronged? Eventually she just gave up, turned away and picked up the fully loaded (minus one plate) breakfast tray.

"...I need to eat. Come on, let's see if the little princess is awake yet."
    Hajime followed her at a patient - if steady pace, amused by her frustration. He was a clone - a facet of a broken diamond, a shard of mirror in a room filled with thousands. He was not real, yet he was not fake.

"I assume she is awake already - she did not appear too tired from the exacerbating events that occurred yesterday."

I. I I I I I. A simple word, yet it was one that clearly meant nothing to him. It was not an identifier, it was not how he saw himself. It was just another phrase, another way to define an empty shell, a facet of himself that meant nothing anymore.

They entered the room, and the little girl snored softly, her limbs sprawled everywhere on the bed.

Her eyes opened blearily, and she let out a small sound, rolling over as the two people stood above her.

"Nf.. Go away nee-chan, onii-chan... m'sleepy..."

She is clearly not giving up her tired state without a fight.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe's frustration level abruptly rose two notches. She walked purposefully over to the bed, paying no heed to the waves of cuteness radiating from Shiki at near lethal levels. As a lifelong childophobe, Moroe had built up an extremely high resistance to the adorable little creatures. Showing no sympathy whatsoever, she yanked the covers straight off the bed; Which, depending on Shiki's current position, would either leave her cold and unsnuggly or tumbling to the floor.

"Tough. This isn't a hotel, and I'm not your personal maid. Sleepy or not, it's time to get up."

Not exactly the wisest of attitudes to take with someone who was basically Moroe's client, but right now she was past caring.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio looks at the girl from around Jirou. He had seen her from time to time but he had never approached her, and as such never got her name. He resolved to get her name after school as he mouthed a relieved 'thank you' to her and used the time that Jirou had he back turned to do what he did best. Fade into the background and quietly slip away. By the time Jirou turned back to him after making sure that his reputation was safe it would seem as if Tobio had disappeared. Well he still had the rest of the day to harass him. After all Onizuka wasn't that big a school. Finding Tobio after classes would prove to be a snap.

22. - Top - End - #1432

Moroe's frustration level abruptly rose two notches. She walked purposefully over to the bed, paying no heed to the waves of cuteness radiating from Shiki at near lethal levels. As a lifelong childophobe, Moroe had built up an extremely high resistance to the adorable little creatures. Showing no sympathy whatsoever, she yanked the covers straight off the bed; Which, depending on Shiki's current position, would either leave her cold and unsnuggly or tumbling to the floor.

"Tough. This isn't a hotel, and I'm not your personal maid. Sleepy or not, it's time to get up."

Not exactly the wisest of attitudes to take with someone who was basically Moroe's client, but right now she was past caring.
    Shiki

She frowned as she was left cold and unsnuggly, grabbing a pillow closer and hugging it closely. The girl did what everyone does when the covers are removed - attempt to cover herself with the surrounding pillows so she can remain in a peaceful slumber.

"Neechaaaaaan... can I pleeaaaaase just sleep a little bit more?"

She's pouting in her sleep, and snuggling closer into the pillow she's holding.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe remained unmoved by this heartfelt plea. Her limited patience with regards to children had been exhausted within the first twenty seconds of meeting this girl. If it hadn't been for her aversion to physical contact, she'd have already been picking Shiki up and marching her over to have breakfast. Luckily, she happened to have someone who could take that unpleasant task off her hands.

"Hajime, can you please get this girl out of bed? Our breakfast is getting cold."

24. - Top - End - #1434

Hajime obliges, ignoring the squeak of protest that emits from the small girl as he picks her up and tosses her over his shoulder, swiftly moving towards the dining room.

"Of course Master. I am happy to oblige."

"Oniichaaaaaan put me dowwwwwwn!"

Her small fists pound his back, and she glares at Moroe - her glare utterly ineffective by how adorably sulky she appears.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe returned the glare with interest. She followed the two into the dining room, thankful that she wasn't the one who had to carry Shiki. Hajime really was useful to have around at times like thi-NO; Don't think that way. He was a free individual, not a servant. No matter how happy he was with that role, she needed to stand firm and not take advantage of him.

She sat down to breakfast at a table which was much more crowded than usual. The dining area hadn't been designed for group meals, so the three of them didn't have a lot of room to spare. Nevertheless, Moroe tucked into her meal with the first enthusiasm she'd shown all morning. With her stomach rapidly filling, she was able to use a slightly warmer tone when she next spoke to Shiki.

"See, there are compensations to getting up early. Just think; If you'd slept in like you wanted, all this tasty food would have gone cold."

Of course, the only reason this food tasted good was because Moroe was making it taste good, using her ability. Still, hopefully it would satisfy the brat for a while.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Pixie in the Playground

The rumour, circulating Onizuka Middle School, would have reached Tobios' ears around mid-day. This time, however, it was not some typical middle-school scandal or some pointless blather-No, this time, it was serious enough for even Onizukas' fairly irreverent students to speak in hushed, awed voices. This time, they were speaking of the ninja boy whom had fought off nearly half the school almost alone, who gave many of them bruises that were yet to heal. As was usual for rumours, they all varied in the telling, growing more and more outlandish with each reiteration. Still, whether it be from Yakuza or rogue Espers or aliens(!), they seemed to agree on one thing.

Nimori Shougo was dead. Or at least unlikely to come to school ever again, if Tobio took the time and effort to sift through a whole bunch of unbelievable tales.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"GAH!"

Up until then, Jirou had managed to look fairly intimidating. Unfortunately, it was hard to maintain an aura of menace while jumping at shoulder taps by small girls. He spun around with fists clenched, only barely catching himself from accidentally punching Yua in the face. After being in so many unfair brawls, his reflexes were on a hair trigger when it came to surprise attacks. Jirou didn't exactly calm down even after learning the identity of his 'attacker'; He just replaced surprise with righteous indignation.

"Geez, girl, don't do that! You wanna end up in the emergency ward? Besides, can't you see I'm in the middle of something here?"
    Yua replies with a headshake, still trying to appear calm.

"I do not wish so at the moment, but it-it..."

Trying to come up with a reply that will not ensure a visit to the Medical Ward, Yua sees Tobio's escape. Thinking quickly, the blue-haired Esper turns as if spotting someone.

"Oh my, sensei! Is there a problem"

Hoping to distract Jirou, Yua attempts to sound as if surprised at a teacher behind the bullying student.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio heard the rumors alright. Usually he wouldn't put to much stock into them, but as they concerned his new friend he was a little worried. Especially since instead of different endings they all had the same one. Plus Shougo wasn't here and that was bothering him. After class going into lunch time he slinked through the crowd trying to avoid another encounter with Jirou as he headed up to the rooftop that Shougo said that he ate at. Upon seeing the empty space Tobio is immediately more worried. With all of the things happening lately what if Shougo really was hurt? What if the man he...killed last night got to Shougo before he came after Tobio? Pushing back the bile threatening to climb up his throat and weighing the pros and cons of his next decision he nods to himself as he commences his next action. For the first time in his life, Tobio Ishida skipped school.

Thankfully one day out of a perfect attendance record would not be too bad. He exited the school as he fished his skates out of his backpack and slipped them on as he skated down the streets at high speed, kicking up a small gust in his hurry. When he got to the hospital he said, "Is there a Nimori Shougo here? I'm a friend of his and would like to see him if possible."

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Yua replies with a headshake, still trying to appear calm.

"I do not wish so at the moment, but it-it..."

Trying to come up with a reply that will not ensure a visit to the Medical Ward, Yua sees Tobio's escape. Thinking quickly, the blue-haired Esper turns as if spotting someone.

"Oh my, sensei! Is there a problem"

Hoping to distract Jirou, Yua attempts to sound as if surprised at a teacher behind the bullying student.
    The ploy was a good one. Jirou's standing with the faculty of Onizuka was (to the surprise of nobody) not particularly high. And though he didn't hesitate to mouth off to them when they did something to deserve it (like being alive), even he wasn't stupid enough to actually commit crimes right in front of them. So when Yua 'saw' one right behind him, it made him somewhat concerned, to say the least; To say the most, it made him spin around like a bulky dynamo which spewed excuses instead of sparks.

"It's not what it looks...like?"

Nobody there. Jirou paused to allow his brain to process this new information. Then, hesitantly, he turned back to look at Yua; Or at least, the place where Yua had been a few seconds ago.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Unfortunately, the distraction was enough for Yua to flee into the corwd. Lowering Awareness even further than normal, the near-invisible Esper dissapears from notice. Even bumping into Yua might not be enough to notice the hidden Esper among the other students.

Seems the nickname "Ghost" is quite fitting for the blue-haired Esper.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.