New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Frank smiles to himself. "I can sympathise with trouble at school. Most people think its the best years off their life, but thats mainly nostalgia talking. I think a peaceful life is a rarity."

"Still, it's could be worse. I've seen some disturbing things in this city, so believe me when I say its for your own good not to go getting into trouble recklessly. Better to stay in the light, you know?"

Frank chuckles. "Listen to me, talking like an adult. It really doesn't suit me. You kept your word Mr Arbern, you can leave anytime. I'll call your school and tell them you got caught up in Anti-Skill stuff. That should get you off the hook for skipping"

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

*Cnor does not remember what Ivaz looks like, and thus handwaves the description*

"She was named Ivaz. She's the one that started the fight. And apparently, she hates Espers. As for what happend to her, she got a really nasty wound in her knee, and we agreed that if she stopped trying to kill me, I wouldn't cripple her for life. I don't know what she did after that - I offered to get her to a hospital, but she refused."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carvfe nods at Frank and starts walking off

See you around, Mr.Anti-skill.

He leaves the hospital and decides seeing as how things have finally calmed down, it might be a good chance o check in on Johanathan, see how he's doing.

With that he heads over to the apartment building he visited earlier with Alia and walks up to the front door and starts knocking.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-05 at 06:15 PM.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alia's Apartment]

Alia starts to head out of the room, and, unless stopped, will get the front door.

"Hey Carver."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing Carver standing there, you note the fact that he has sereral bandages that he didn't have on earlier, along with his eyes looking a little red and puffy.

"Well hello there, I've certainly had a ball today. Mind if I come in?"
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-05 at 06:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alia's]

She steps out of the way, saying "Not at all."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver steps inside, once inside he ears the conversation going on between Johanathon and someone he doesn't know.

Reaching the doorway he pokes his head in and says

Hello, what's going on in here?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

Tobio nods and writes down the information for if she strikes again."Okay then now could you tell me what kind of weapon she had on her if any. Also did she happen to mention what school she went to?" He then looks up as a boy he can't recall seeing before sticks his head in. Being polite he walks over to him and shakes his hand and looks him in the eye with shining silver orbs."Hello I'm Tobio Ishida of Judgement. I came here to check up on Jonathan-san and ask him some questions about the fight he was in. May I have your nam please?"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

"Just a knife, that I saw. And I don't think she went to a school."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm Carver, Carver Arbern. Nice to meet you, so you're asking about the fight Johanathan was in?

11. - Top - End - #251

Frank remains outside the hospital room. He has questions for this Moroe girl, but he doesn't want to intrude.

He prepares to settle in for a long wait, but his body tenses when he sees an old enemy before him.

Frank's eyes narrow, and he gives the No Smoking sign across the hall a glare that could make flowers wilt.

"Non-smoking. Why is everything non-smoking. Those signs are everywhere, and there are more of them every day, like their breeding. They must be stopped before its to late."

Frank continues to mutter to himself while staring holes in the sign.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

He nods at the boy and responds,"Yeah, I had to know who instagated it and if they were likely to do it again. From what I've been able to gather I may have to keep an eye out for this Ivaz girl to make sure she doesn't hurt anyone else." He then turns to Jonathan and says, "Thank you Jonathan-san, that will be all for now though I may have more questions later if something turns up."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-06 at 12:13 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

"You're welcome."

"Do you want something to drink or anything before you go?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC Anime kid Carver isn't a "boy", He's 17 where as Tobio is only 14, so yeah.))
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-05 at 08:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

((OOC Yeah the statement is just refering to the fact that he isn't 18 yet))

Tobio

He looks toward Alia and as he lets his Concentration go he blushes brightly and starts stammering again."O-oh um o-okay, just some t-t-tea will s-suffice, o-or coffe i-if you d-d-don't have an-any."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

Alia smiles at him, and says "How do you take your tea, then?"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

There goes that sparkling background again! With a slight shake of his head Tobio says,"U-um two lumps of sugar, w-with abit o-o-of h-honey if you have a-any." His cheeks feel like their burning as he silently curses himself.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tobio]

She nods, and goes off to fix him tea.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver just stands there thinking about how she didn't offer him any tea, eh, he doesn't even like tea anyway.

Looking at Tobio Carver says.

"So, you're in judgement huh. I was thinking about joining up recently, any tips on what to do?"
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-05 at 09:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio

Looking at the older boy Tobio addresses him politely and with no stutter or blush, though his voice is softer than before and periodically looks at the ground while speaking."Well you need to pass a physical test to get in. After that they'll ask you about your powers or skills for future reference. After that you simply have to sign a few contracts and they'll let you in, provided you passed the physical test of course."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

It did not take much effort to realise that Shougo was very, very uncomfortable-Nearly panicked- in such a place. Continuously murmuring apologies, it was clear that he was worried about a number of things, such as;

A: The cost of this room and his treatments in general,
    B: His overall discomfort in being in such a high class room, an environment he was obviously unfamiliar with, and, of perhaps the greatest importance to Shougo,
    C: The fact that he was now 'indebted' to Moroe and was rather unable to pay her back.

If he thought he'd be able to make it out of hospital successfully; hell, if he were even able to walk, the young man would almost certainly have fled. Only the knowledge that wouldn't be able to make it a hundred meters down the hall, much less down five storeys and out the door, and the fact that Moroe was watching him right now kept him lying quietly in bed. Well, that and the presence of a certain Anti-Skill officer just outside his door. Other than this, everything went well-Most of Shougos' wounds were superficial and would largely disappear within the week; the absolute worst damaged he'd taken, fortunately, was a bruised rib, which was set to recover within less than a month. Still, the doctors actually had to physically restrain him during their checkup, much to his embarrassment.

"You...You don't need to do this, senpai...I'll be okay, honest. I'm...I just ...I won't be able to pay you back. Please..."

He squirmed as he said this, unable to directly look Moroe in the eye. Instead, he focused his eyes on the bloody, threadbare school uniform sitting on the desk next to him; a reminder of his current financial situation.

"All of this..It's just...Ishimura-senpai, it's far too expensive..."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe forestalled any further concerns with a firm hand. It was time to make the facts of this situation clear to Shougo, before he worried himself into an early grave.

"Okay, it's time we got a few things straight: Firstly, it's Ishimaru. Secondly, I am the one who needs to repay you. You got these injuries while helping me, so it's only fair that I help you recover from them. Now, I don't want to hear another word about the cost of this place or any imagined debt to me. It was cute at first, but now it's just interfering with your rest. Are we clear on these points?"

She then proceeded to stare at him with an intensity that was meant to brook all argument. As far as she was concerned, this discussion was over.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo cursed inwardly as he realised he had been calling Moroe the wrong name the entire time. His face lit up with shame and he stammered an apology, unable to meet her gaze as she glared at him. There was an extended moment of silence as Moroe finished her speech, after which Shougo finally capitulated.

"Alright...Ishimaru-senpai. I will...I will rest. Although I have done nothing but my duty to be repaid in such a manner...I will rest. But I must find out a way to repay you somehow, even if only in part...Please, allow me this, at least."

He then bit his lip, anxious about something else and glancing at the four walls of the hospital room as though it were a cage. Every now and again, whenever he could hear footsteps coming up the hallway, Shougo would twist his head to glance at the door. He was afraid of something, though he did not want to tell Moroe. She already had one too many people ruining her life-She did not need another.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe gave no comment on Shougo's request aside from an exasperated sigh. At this rate she'd have another stalker on her hands. Ah well, at least if this one broke into her house he'd only be there to cook breakfast. And with this image now stuck in her mind, she rose from her seat and walked to the door.

"Just get some rest, all right? You'll need it. Oh, and I managed to get you a new uniform. It's in a bag by the table."

Moroe was already halfway out of the room when she revealed this fact, and sped off down the corridor before Shougo had a chance to protest.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-06 at 11:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah-"

And she was gone.

And Shougo didn't know what to do. 'Always pay your debts', his father had told him; no matter if they told you not to worry and no matter how long it took. But how? He recalled the story about how his parents met. According to his mother, she found him knocked unconscious in a gutter, having jumped in over his head during one of his vigilante escapades. Insisting that he be allowed to pay her back, he began performing a series of helpful but unsolicited tasks for her, beginning with breaking into her house and cooking her breakfast. Maybe he could...?

He immediately shot that idea out of his head. Not only was that creepy, that was also illegal; and from what he knew of Moroe, attempting something like that might result in severe injury or even death. As much as he loved his father, he had never understood his fathers' often blatant disregard for the law. Those things were there for a reason, after all. Oh well. He'd think of something.

Reaching over with a wince, he pulled out the contents of the bag by the table-Just as Moroe had said, a new uniform. And now he was even further in her debt-Such things did not come cheap. Wonderful. He then glanced at the clock-It was three in the afternoon, and he wondered when his mother would stop by; and therein lay a whole set of troubles. How was he going to explain this to her? That he got into a fight to protect a girl? She would just slap him and cry, and he couldn't blame her. After all...

After all, that was how his father had died.

And then it would only be a matter of time before 'Axis', that most despicable man, found out...

Shougo gritted his teeth. One day, he swore, one day-There would be a reckoning.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Elsewhere, Mei was still fuming. She had just enough self control that she hadn't lashed out at Frank with her Breath Hammer. Maybe if they weren't on a rooftop, and maybe if he weren't an Anti-Skill, she might have, but for those two factors...

Disgusting. Utterly disgusting. To suggest that there was anything 'going on' between her and her dumbass partner made her simultaneously sick to her stomach and furious beyond belief.

Still, she reined in her anger enough for Ren to tell her about 'Astraphobia'. 'Astraphobia, 2796'...This was serious. Deadly serious. The last time he got loose... Her rage dissipated slowly, suppressed by that cold, gripping feeling that one always felt before a dangerous mission where one could die. She swallowed a lump in her throat.

"And he's still around here? Dumbass, answer me! If he is...I don't think the two of us could take him alone, not as we are...Should we call for help?"
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2011-11-06 at 09:36 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266

"Hey there." Frank greets Moroe as she leaves the room.

"I know the other Anti-Skill probably did the whole investigation thing, but I hope you wont mind if I have a few questions for you."

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe didn't slow down even slightly, nor did she look back at Frank.

"Be my guest."

Apparently this questioning session was to be conducted on the move.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Alia's Apartment]

With that Carver gives them a nod and says

"Well I better get going now. I was just checking in to see if everything was alright, with the way my day has been going I expected something to have hapened."

With that he walks out of the apartment and looks up at the sky, well it still wasn't all that late. Might as well make good on his intentions and at least TRY and join judgement. He didn't want to become a liar, that was against his family's motto.

So he then heads toward the nearest judgement office and see if he can't get around to joining up with them.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-06 at 11:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269

Frank matches pace with Moroe. Wherever they're headed, he hopes it's somewhere he can smoke.

"How did you get involved with astraphobia? He seemed to be after you during that incedent."

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

"I wasn't 'involved' with him; We just met by accident in the street yesterday. For some reason he developed an interest in me and, when I turned him down, must have decided not to take 'no' for an answer. He somehow tracked me down, turned up at my school and started that sick, twisted game. That's really all there is to it."

Moroe's reply was quick, concise and well phrased. It was also only 30% true (if that), but you can't have everything.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-06 at 12:00 PM.