New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lets Invent some Tier 6s! PEACHers Encouraged!

The Clown needs lack of armor and shield proficiencies explicitly stated.

I don't have my ToB with me, but I guess I will give this a shot... may be noticably more powerful with Stone Dragon than with other disciplines.
    Lesser Martialist

Hit points: 6+CON at first level, 1d6+CON at each level.

Skill points: (2+INT MOD)*4 at first level, 2+INT MOD at each level.
    The Lesser Martialist’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance(Dex), Concentration(Con), Craft(Wis), and Swim (Str). Plus the associated skills for their two disciplines. If Ride is added to their skill list in this way, then Handle Animal(Cha) is also added. If either of their disciplines has any sort lance as an associated weapon, then both Ride(Dex) and (Handle Animal) is are added to their skill list. If either discipline would add a skill that is already on their basic skill list then then they instead gain 2 free ranks in that skill. If both selected disciplines have the same associated skill then they ALSO gain a SEPARATE 2 free ranks in that skill. In NO case does this allow the usual Character level +3 limitation on ranks to be exceeded.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort.|Ref.|Will|Maneuvers Known|Maneuvers Readied|Stances|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |2|2|0|Difficult Re-stancing

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |3|2|0

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |3|2|1

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |3|3|1

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |4|3|1

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |4|3|2

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |4|4|2

8th|
    +6/1
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |5|4|2

9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |5|4|3

10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |5|5|3

11th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |6|5|3

12th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |6|5|4

13th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |6|6|4

14th|
    +10/5
    |
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |7|6|4

15th|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |7|6|5

16th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |7|7|5

17th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |8|7|5

18th|
    +13/+8/+3
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |8|7|6

19th|
    +14/+9/+4
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |8|8|6

20th|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |9|8|6[/table]

Proficiencies: The Lesser Martialist is proficient with Light and Medium armor light and heavy shields (but not tower shields), and all simple melee weapons. In addition they are proficient with all the associated weapons of their disciplines, including the defensive uses of tower shields if tower shields are an associated WEAPON of either of their disciplines. If any weapon appears on the associated weapon list for both disciplines then they gain weapon focus for that weapon. If they select Stone Dragon or another discipline that discourages movement to an equal degree with the fact that several (all?) of Stone-Dragon's stances end if the martial initiator moves, then they also gain proficiency with tower shields and heavy armor.

Disciplines: At first level the Lesser Martialist selects two disciplines that they have access to. They must meet all special requirements of that discipline (Not true neutral for Devoted Spirit, Psionic power for Sleeping Goddess, non-lawful for Falling Anvil, etc). They add all associated weapons for their disciplines to their list of proficiencies and add the associated skills to their class skill list. This may have additional effects, check the appropriate section. The lesser martialist requires one minute of uninterrupted weapon exercises to recover an expended maneuver, however he may prepare any maneuver(s) at that are each least one less than the highest level maneuver he can initiate in more than one slot (but still one maneuver per slot), to allow him to use it more than once in a row (and this is necessary to use a maneuver more than once in most combats). Changing his mix of maneuvers prepared requires him to have no expended maneuvers and to perform five minutes of uninterrupted weapon exercises. Note that unlike most martial initiators, they MAY NOT swap out maneuvers known via this class at any level.These is the ONLY way maneuvers in these slots may be recovered or exchanged (specifically Adaptive Style has NO effect with this class).

Difficult Re-stancing: Unless the lesser martialist has at least 1 stance from a source other than this class, he requires a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity to change his stance (including entering a stance from not being in one), unless the stance would normally require longer than a full-round action to enter.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-10-15 at 08:36 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

This looks too powerful, unless I've missed something. It still gets access to martial powers at full rate, and new powers almost as fast as a warblade. Adaptive style fixes the recovery, It adds up to powerful abilities usable almost consistently, probably T4.

3. - Top - End - #63

Common Thug

It is humiliating for one of my talents to defeat such an opponent
    -- Lusef Malpat, paladin who later fell due to excessive pride

{table=head]level|fort|ref|wis|bab|special
    1|2|0|0|1|swift appraisal
    2|3|0|0|2|ugly (+1 intimidate, -2 diplomacy)
    3|3|1|1|3|fighter bonus feat
    4|4|1|1|4|
    5|4|1|1|5|stone dragon maneuver (2nd level)
    6|5|2|2|6|ugly (+2 intimidate, -4 diplomacy)
    7|5|2|2|7|sneak attack 1d6
    8|6|2|2|8|
    9|6|3|3|9|fighter bonus feat
    10|7|3|3|10|ugly (+3 intimidate, -6 diplomacy)
    11|7|3|3|11|stone dragon maneuver (4th level)
    12|8|4|4|12|
    13|8|4|4|13|sneak attack 2d6
    14|9|4|4|14|ugly (+4 intimidate, -8 diplomacy)
    15|9|5|5|15|fighter bonus feat
    16|10|5|5|16|
    17|10|5|5|17|stone dragon maneuver (6th level)
    18|11|6|6|18|ugly (+5 intimidate, -10 diplomacy)
    19|11|6|6|19|sneak attack 3d6
    20|12|6|6|20|genre savvy[/table]
    Hit die: d8
    Proficient with simple weapons and light armor
    Skill Points: 2+int
    Skills: Appraise, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge(local), Move Silently

Most of the class features are pretty self-explanatory, except:

swift appraise: in a standard action at a distance, determine the value of clothing or jewelry to plus/minus 50%

stone dragon maneuvers: select a single stone dragon maneuver of up to the level listed. You need not meet the prerequisites. You can use it once per encounter.

genre savvy: You've been burned (frozen, zapped, dissolved) too many times in the entry scenes of more powerful characters to fall for that any more. Whenever you prepare an ambush of a character with levels in a Tier 1-3 class or a CR >5 monster disguised as a humanoid, your scars itch.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    This looks too powerful, unless I've missed something. It still gets access to martial powers at full rate,
    And not getting very many of them (especially when you take into account that you DON'T get to trade up) doesn't help much? Especially when you take into account that you have a REALLY bad recovery mechanic, especially with your highest level maneuver? (and you will only ever have ONE maneuver of the highest level after 5th level, which is when you get your first 2nd level maneuver)
    But yeah, I could drop it down to 2/2/0 at 1st level. Do you think that would help?
    [/QUOTE]
    and new powers almost as fast as a warblade.
    Nope. All ToB classes get replacement (at levels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, etc) , which pushes them into the lead.
    Adaptive style fixes the recovery,
    If you look at the rules for "Adaptive Style" I do believe you will see that it requires a level of SWORDSAGE... If I am misremembering I can specifically nix that.
    It adds up to powerful abilities usable almost consistently, probably T4.
    Yeah, I thought it was probably too powerful...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Vigil View Post
    I'm currently working on a T6 Psion, will post it when done.
    Not too hard actually. Just make their power pool equal to their manifester level. Then remove broken low level stuff like Death Urge.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Common Thug
    This is also clearly not T6. It is certainly T5, if not T4. Full BAB, a not horrible list of class skills, some sneak attack, some stone dragon maneuvers, some bonus feats. Even the bonus to Intimidate can be useful. Even lowering the BAB to medium and losing the maneuvers feels like it would still be T5. Shrug.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

7. - Top - End - #67

Elementalist
    Spoiler
    Show
    {TABLE]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Powers Known|Power Points/Day
    1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Energy Ray|1
    2|+1|+0|+0|+3||2
    3|+1|+1|+1|+3||3
    4|+2|+1|+1|+4||4
    5|+2|+1|+1|+4||5
    6|+3|+2|+2|+5|Energy Push|6
    7|+3|+2|+2|+5||7
    8|+4|+2|+2|+6||8
    9|+4|+3|+3|+6||9
    10|+5|+3|+3|+7||10
    11|+5|+3|+3|+7||11
    12|+6|+4|+4|+8|Energy Missile|12
    13|+6|+4|+4|+8||13
    14|+7|+4|+4|+9||14
    15|+7|+5|+5|+9||15
    16|+8|+5|+5|+10||16
    17|+8|+5|+5|+10||17
    18|+9|+6|+6|+11|Energy Burst|18
    19|+9|+6|+6|+11||19
    20|+10|+6|+6|+12||20[/TABLE]
    Hit Dice: d4
    Skill Points: 2 + Intelligence Bonus per level
    Class Skills: Autohypnosis (Wis), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Psicraft (Int)

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Elementalists are proficient with all simple weapons. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor does not, however, interfere with the use of his power manifestation.

Powers: An Elementalist is limited to what powers they can manifest. An Elementalist’s ability to manifest powers is limited by the power points he has available, one point per level.

The powers he can manifest are determined by his level. At 1st level, the Elementalist knows Energy Ray as a first-level Elementalist power. At 6th level, they know Energy Push as a second-level Elementalist power. At 12th level, they know Energy Missile as a third-level Elementalist power. At 18th level, they know Energy Burst as a fourth-level Elementalist power. They do not learn any other powers, and those four powers compose the class's full power list.

To manifest a power, an Elementalist must have an Intelligence score of at least 10 + the power’s level. The Difficulty Class for saving throws against an Elementalist's powers is 10 + the power’s level + the Elementalist’s Intelligence modifier.

An Elementalist's manifester level goes up slowly, once every odd level (1 at 1st, 2 at third, et cetra).

This is a T6 Kineticist. I'm working on a T6 of the other 5 disciplines as well, plus other fun stuff (still working on my Ranger/Scout and Barbarian) so stay tuned!

I actually really like the Common Thug, but I think it rises above T6, sorry. Still, it's good enough you could flesh it out more and make it a viable goon class; I know I'd use it against my PCs when they hit a city.
    Last edited by Noctis Vigil; 2011-11-19 at 01:30 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

RogueGuy

The Elementalist is....a bit abusive, if you ask me

As in, too weak even for Tier 6. I mean, the samurai is also T6 and arguably much, MUCH stronger.

What I'm saying is that it has no gestalting value whatsoever.

9. - Top - End - #69

Housecat
    "Meow" -Housecat

-Is a housecat

----------

This class can go toe to toe with any tier 6 on the block.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Reduced maneuvers known/readied by 1 each on the Lesser Martialist. It still might be a higher tier but I am taking this one step at a time...
    Should I make it one discipline instead of two?
    Are we assuming Age of Warriors rule about being able to add a new discipline for 1,000 XPs? That could makea big difference at later levels especially if we cut them back to 1 discipline to start with.
    How much would 2/3's (minimum 1) initiator progression help?
    Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    If you look at the rules for "Adaptive Style" I do believe you will see that it requires a level of SWORDSAGE... If I am misremembering I can specifically nix that.
    No. By strict RAW, it requires warblade, swordsage, or crusader level 1st. By RAMS, it requires one level in a martial adept class.

Even without Adaptove Style, with the stances it's still tier 5 at the minimum.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    The Elementalist is....a bit abusive, if you ask me

As in, too weak even for Tier 6. I mean, the samurai is also T6 and arguably much, MUCH stronger.

What I'm saying is that it has no gestalting value whatsoever.
    I would have pegged Samurai as T5. Are we talking the same class (the one found in Complete Warrior)?

As for power level, I didn't want it to overshoot the tier barrier, but if someone else thinks it's too weak I can buff it a little. Maybe give it more PP a day or something.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

They already get extra pp from having a high intelligence modifier, and Expanded Knowledge can get them more stuff.

The Elementalist is stronger than you think; Expanded Knowledge (Astral Construct) at 6th level would be a lovely boost...

Dang, I just noticed that they have 1/3 manifesting level; I would suggest raising that to 1/2, just because it comes out a little nicer, in my mind (and they wouldn't be able to manifest 4th level powers with a manifester level of 6. Sorry.)
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Treblain View Post
    I don't think it's possible, since even a Tier 6 class has the ability to take Martial Study as many times as they want.
    So, because a Tier 6 class can take a feat to gain a maneuver, giving something a maneuver as part of their class automatically makes them higher than Tier 6? That is [Vulcan]highly illogical[/Vulcan].

THE SELF-DEFENSE ENTHUSIAST

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: 1d6

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
    M. Ready
    |
    Stances

1st|+0|+0|+2|+0|Discipline Study|
    |

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+0||
    |

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+1||
    |

4th|+3|+1|+4|+1||
    |

5th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Discipline Study|
    |

6th|+4|+2|+5|+2||
    |

7th|+5|+2|+5|+2||
    |

8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+2||
    |

9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+3||
    |

10th|+7/+2|+3|+7|+3|Discipline Study|
    |

11th|+8/+3|+3|+7|+3||
    |

12th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4||
    |

13th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+4||
    |

14th|+10/+5|+4|+9|+4||
    |

15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+5|Discipline Study|
    |

16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5||
    |

17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5||
    |

18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+6||
    |

19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+6||
    |

20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+6|Discipline Study|
    |
    [/table]

Class Skills: (2 + Int modifier) Craft, Profession, and Swim (see also Discipline Study).

Weapon & Armor Proficiency
    A Self-Defense Enthusiast is proficient with no armors or shields (see also Discipline Study).

Discipline Study
    Having spent some time at the local dojo you have started your training in a martial discipline. You begin play with the knowledge of a single maneuver from the martial discipline of your choice. You have an initiator level equal to half your class levels rounded up.

Upon choosing this maneuver you may never choose maneuvers from another discipline unless they are of a level from which you have learned all of the maneuvers of your chosen discipline. You are also proficient with all simple melee weapons associated with the discipline and add the key skill of the discipline to your list of class skills.

At 5th level and every five levels thereafter you learn an additional maneuver from your chosen discipline.

Maneuvers Readied
    You may ready your only known maneuver at 1st level, but as you advance in level and learn more maneuvers you must choose which of your maneuvers to ready. You ready your maneuvers by exercising and practicing with your sensei at the local dojo for 1 hour. These maneuvers remain readied until you decide to exercise and change them.

A maneuver once readied is unexpended until it is used. Once expended a maneuver cannot be used again until it is recovered, a process that is different for all martial initiators. To recover your maneuvers you must spend 10 minutes in rest, refreshing your muscles and gathering your thoughts. Each 10 minutes of rest recovers all of your expended maneuvers. Unlike other martial initiators you do not automatically regain the use of your maneuvers at the start of each encounter.

Stances Known
    You do not begin play knowing any stances. At 8th level you learn your first stance, and it must be a stance from your chosen discipline. When you do you may also choose a martial melee weapon associated with your discipline and gain proficiency with it.

Unlike manuevers, stances are not expended, and you do not have to ready them. All the stances you know are available to you at all times, and you can change the stance you are currently using as a swift action. At 16th level you learn an additional stance from your chosen discipline.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-10-17 at 12:48 AM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch. That, could be a T6 initiator.
    I see the challenge has been accepted three times. Although, this latest one is closest, I think.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground

I have a challenge! Can anyone make a tier 6 artificer?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    I think I can. I'll give it a try shortly.

The Craftwright

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: 1d4

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Craft Level|Craft Reserve

1st|+0|+0|+0|+0|Skill Focus (Craft)|
    --
    |
    --

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+0|Savvy Marketer|
    --
    |
    --

3rd|+1|+1|+1|+1|Efficient Craftsman|
    --
    |
    --

4th|+2|+1|+1|+1|Craft Magic Arms & Armor|
    1st
    |

5th|+2|+1|+1|+1||
    1st
    |

6th|+3|+2|+2|+2||
    1st
    |

7th|+3|+2|+2|+2||
    1st
    |

8th|+4|+2|+2|+2|Brew Potion|
    2nd
    |

9th|+4|+3|+3|+3||
    2nd
    |

10th|+5|+3|+3|+3||
    2nd
    |

11th|+5|+3|+3|+3||
    2nd
    |

12th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+4|Craft Wondrous Item|
    3rd
    |

13th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+4||
    3rd
    |

14th|+7/+2|+4|+4|+4||
    3rd
    |

15th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+5||
    3rd
    |

16th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+5|Forge Ring|
    4th
    |

17th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+5||
    4th
    |

18th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+6||
    4th
    |

19th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+6||
    4th
    |

20th|+10/+5|+6|+6|+6|Tireless Craftsman|
    4th
    |
    [/table]

Class Skills (4 + Int modifier): Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Knowledge (Arcane), Knowledge (Local), Profession, Speak Language, and Spellcraft.

Weapon & Armor Proficiency
    A Craftwright is proficient with one simple weapon and with no armor or shields.

Skill Focus
    At 1st level a Craftwright receives Skill Focus for the Craft skill as a bonus feat.

Savvy Marketer (Ex): Starting at 2nd level a Craftwright may sell items to other merchants for 75% of their purchase price rather than 50% and may buy items at a 5% discount.

Efficient Craftsman (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a Craftwright is able to buy raw materials for crafting any item at a 25% discount (this doesn't stack with Savvy Marketer) and reduces the time needed to craft any item by 25%.

Craft Level
    Beginning at 4th level a Craftwright is able to craft magic items without needing a caster level and without knowing any of the required spells as long as those spells aren't of a level above the Craft Level given in the table above. This ability allows the Craftwright to craft alchemical items as if he were a spellcaster.

He must still have the corresponding Item Creation Feats to do so, and because he does not actually know any spells he may not use the Scribe Scroll feat to create magic scrolls.

He may not craft items that require divine spells.

Craft Reserve
    A 4th level Craftwright has a reserve of points that he may use in place of the XP needed to craft items, exchanging craft reserve points for XP on a one-for-one basis.

Bonus Feats
    A Craftwright gains Craft Magic Arms & Armor as a bonus feat at 4th level, Brew Potion as a bonus feat at 8th level, Craft Wondrous Item as a bonus feat at 12th level, and Forge Ring as a bonus feat at 16th level. He doesn't need to meet the prerequisites for these feats.

Tireless Craftsman (Ex): A 20th level Craftwright is immune to exhaustion, fatigue, and sleep effects. He no longer needs to eat or sleep as long as he is crafting an item.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-10-15 at 05:26 PM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Pretty easy I would have thought. Take away the infusions and replace with something more akin to a magic weapon/vestment type x/day ability, and give them a few of the lower end item creation feats. Reduce to poor BAB and you're pretty much there.
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

19. - Top - End - #79
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Sure, that shouldn't be too hard.

Arcana Crafter
    Spoiler
    Show
    {TABLE]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+0|+0|+0|+0|Magical Crafting, Scribe Scroll
    2|+1|+0|+0|+0|
    3|+1|+1|+1|+1|Brew Potion
    4|+2|+1|+1|+1|
    5|+2|+1|+1|+1|
    6|+3|+2|+2|+2|Craft Wand
    7|+3|+2|+2|+2|
    8|+4|+2|+2|+2|
    9|+4|+3|+3|+3|Craft Magic Arms And Armor
    10|+5|+3|+3|+3|
    11|+5|+3|+3|+3|
    12|+6|+4|+4|+4|Craft Wondrous Item
    13|+6|+4|+4|+4|
    14|+7|+4|+4|+4|
    15|+7|+5|+5|+5|Craft Rod
    16|+8|+5|+5|+5|
    17|+8|+5|+5|+5|
    18|+9|+6|+6|+6|Craft Staff
    19|+9|+6|+6|+6|
    20|+10|+6|+6|+6|Forge Ring
    [/TABLE]
    Hit Dice: d4
    Skill Points: 2 + Intelligence Bonus per level
    Class Skills: Craft (any, taken seperately), Knowledge (Local), Search, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device

Magical Crafting
    An Arcana Crafter may craft magical items, despite the inability to cast spells. The Arcana Craft is treated as having half their class level in any other class for purposes of spells known for item creation, and must have (class level * 2 - 1) in order to create an item using a spell.

If the spell would normally call for an XP component or material component with a given gold value, the Arcana Craft must provide pay for the components as if they were casting the spell.

The unusual (class level * 2 - 1) is there to prevent the class from making, say, 6th level spell scrolls at first level thanks to the Sublime Chord PrC. I'm honestly not sure how the actual Artificer handles that, and so may have a better solution.

Simply put: The class has no skills, no combat utility, and no reserve XP. They must make everything they want to use, and only have an effective half-caster level when crafting stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

20. - Top - End - #80

Lesser Martialist: at level twenty, this enters an encounter able to perform 2 9th level maneuvers and an 8th level maneuver many times. They can be chosen from good disciplines. That's too good for T6, even if everything else about the class sucks.

Common Thug: I tried to make it a clunkier version of the fighter, which is T5. I guess it works together a little better than I thought. I'll tweak it.

Meanwhile, all this violence has inspired me.

Wretched Coward

{table=head]level|fort|ref|wis|bab|special
    1|2|2|0|0|basic paranoia
    2|3|3|0|1|
    3|3|3|1|1|
    4|4|4|1|2|
    5|4|4|1|2|run away!
    6|5|5|2|3|
    7|5|5|2|3|
    8|6|6|2|4|
    9|6|6|3|4|
    10|7|7|3|5|greater paranoia
    11|7|7|3|5|
    12|8|8|4|6|
    13|8|8|4|6|
    14|9|9|4|7|
    15|9|9|5|7|get me out of here!
    16|10|10|5|8|
    17|10|10|5|8|
    18|11|11|6|9|
    19|11|11|6|9|
    20|12|12|6|10|scream and beg[/table]
    Hit die: d8
    Class Skills: climb, diplomacy, listen, jump, spot, swim
    Skills: 2+int
    Weapons: none
    Armor/Shields: all, including tower shields

basic paranoia -- you may make listen checks at no penalty while sleeping

run away! -- add 10 ft to all movement speeds when going away from danger

greater paranoia -- +4 on will saves against charm effects, because you know everyone is really out to get you

get me out of here! -- +5 morale bonus to climb jump or swim checks to avoid danger

scream and beg -- Any intelligent creature that hears you scream for help or beg for mercy understands you, regardless of common language. They do not feel any special inclination to do so, however.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

My version is up in my post above. To be honest, Erikun's version is probably... Tier 4. Maybe even Tier 3. It can cast spells from scrolls, wands, and staffs without ever needing UMD and it has access to spells up to 5th level from all class lists. A bit too powerful in my opinion. That's why I limited my version's direct spell access to just Potions. The spell access is much more powerful than the craft reserve.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-10-15 at 05:28 PM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegander View Post
    It can cast spells from scrolls, wands, and staffs without ever needing UMD and it has access to spells up to 5th level from all class lists.
    Only for the purposes of crafting, though. It still requires UMD to use any magical items.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Only for the purposes of crafting, though. It still requires UMD to use any magical items.
    Hmm. Needs to be worded better then. If it knows the spells, then it can use them from items without making UMD checks.

And even if it has to UMD them it still has 5th level spells from every list and has direct spell access in many forms.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-10-15 at 05:40 PM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegander View Post
    Hmm. Needs to be worded better then. If it knows the spells, then it can use them from items without making UMD checks.

And even if it has to UMD them it still has 5th level spells from every list and has direct spell access in many forms.
    I'm not sure how the official class handled it, so I think I'll leave it in its current (poorly worded) state until I have a better idea of how to correct it.

And I notice I'm not the only one who decided to give it all bad saves. It's a craftsman, not a combatant! Why should it be good at combat?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

And I notice I'm not the only one who decided to give it all bad saves. It's a craftsman, not a combatant! Why should it be good at combat?
    You should give it good reflex and fortitude saves, improved mettle, and improved evasion. All those failed expiriments...

But then it would be tier 5.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-10-15 at 06:32 PM.
    My Steam profile

26. - Top - End - #86

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    You should give it good reflex and fortitude saves, improved mettle, and improved evasion. All those failed expiriments...
    The Rincewind
    Spoiler
    Show
    1|+0|+2|+2|+2|Movement Speed +10, May not Multiclass
    2|+1|+3|+3|+3|Improved Mettle
    3|+1|+3|+3|+3|Improved Evasion
    4|+2|+4|+4|+4|Movement Speed +20
    5|+2|+4|+4|+4|
    6|+3|+5|+5|+5|
    7|+3|+5|+5|+5|Movement Speed +30
    8|+4|+6|+6|+6|
    9|+4|+6|+6|+6|
    10|+5|+7|+7|+7|Movement Speed +40
    11|+5|+7|+7|+7|
    12|+6|+8|+8|+8|
    13|+6|+8|+8|+8|Movement Speed +50
    14|+7|+9|+9|+9|
    15|+7|+9|+9|+9|
    16|+8|+10|+10|+10|Movement Speed +60
    17|+8|+10|+10|+10|
    18|+9|+11|+11|+11|
    19|+9|+11|+11|+11|Movement Speed +70
    20|+10|+12|+12|+12|
    [/TABLE]
    Hit Dice: d6
    Class Skills: Rincewind is unskilled at everything

Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

27. - Top - End - #87

Common Thug, version 2

level fort ref wis bab special
    1 2 0 0 1 swift appraisal
    2 3 0 0 2 stone dragon maneuver (1st level)
    3 3 1 1 3
    4 4 1 1 4 Improved Unarmed Strike
    5 4 1 1 5 stone dragon maneuver (2nd level)
    6 5 2 2 6
    7 5 2 2 7 Dodge
    8 6 2 2 8 stone dragon maneuver (3rd level)
    9 6 3 3 9
    10 7 3 3 10 Weapon Focus (choose one weapon)
    11 7 3 3 11 stone dragon maneuver (4th level)
    12 8 4 4 12
    13 8 4 4 13 Mobility
    14 9 4 4 14 stone dragon maneuver (5th level)
    15 9 5 5 15
    16 10 5 5 16 Combat Expertise
    17 10 5 5 17 stone dragon maneuver (6th level)
    18 11 6 6 18
    19 11 6 6 19 Improved Feint
    20 12 6 6 20 genre savvy

Weapon Proficiencies: Unarmed Strike, Dagger,Club, Spear, Javelin, Sap
    Armor Proficiencies: None

Otherwise unchanged.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 10:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

Speak Language, surely?

And he's pretty good at Knowledge(arcana), Knowledge (the planes), and Craft (bookbinding), but those don't fit the class so much.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

The Rincewind
    Spoiler
    Show
    1|+0|+2|+2|+2|Movement Speed +10, May not Multiclass
    2|+1|+3|+3|+3|Improved Mettle
    3|+1|+3|+3|+3|Improved Evasion
    4|+2|+4|+4|+4|Movement Speed +20
    5|+2|+4|+4|+4|
    6|+3|+5|+5|+5|
    7|+3|+5|+5|+5|Movement Speed +30
    8|+4|+6|+6|+6|
    9|+4|+6|+6|+6|
    10|+5|+7|+7|+7|Movement Speed +40
    11|+5|+7|+7|+7|
    12|+6|+8|+8|+8|
    13|+6|+8|+8|+8|Movement Speed +50
    14|+7|+9|+9|+9|
    15|+7|+9|+9|+9|
    16|+8|+10|+10|+10|Movement Speed +60
    17|+8|+10|+10|+10|
    18|+9|+11|+11|+11|
    19|+9|+11|+11|+11|Movement Speed +70
    20|+10|+12|+12|+12|
    [/TABLE]
    Hit Dice: d6

Give it DR 10/- per class level, immunity to all energy types, a constant Death Ward as an (Ex) ability, and d12 hit die.

It'll be useless, but unkillable. The thing you play when people complain you're a power gamer because you're dealing 40 damage at level
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-10-15 at 06:46 PM.
    My Steam profile

30. - Top - End - #90

All things have their opposites. This is the opposite of the common thug.

The Aesthete

Just as modern cuisine allows food to transcend nutrition, so do I allow violence to transcend such banal matters as victory.

level fort ref will bab strikes known counters known counters set
    1 0 2 0 0 2 0 0
    2 0 3 0 1 2 0 0
    3 1 3 1 1 2 1 1
    4 1 4 1 2 2 1 1
    5 1 4 1 2 3 1 1
    6 2 5 2 3 3 1 1
    7 2 5 2 3 3 2 1
    8 2 6 2 4 3 2 1
    9 3 6 3 4 4 2 1
    10 3 7 3 5 4 2 2
    11 3 7 3 5 4 3 2
    12 4 8 4 6 4 3 2
    13 4 8 4 6 5 3 2
    14 4 9 4 7 5 3 2
    15 5 9 5 7 5 4 2
    16 5 10 5 8 5 4 2
    17 5 10 5 8 6 4 2
    18 6 11 6 9 6 4 2
    19 6 11 6 9 6 4 3
    20 6 12 6 10 6 4 3

Hit Die: d4
    Class Skills: Balance, Martial Lore, Perform, Tumble
    Skill Points: 2+int
    Weapons: unarmed strike, nunchuku, falcion, kama
    Armor: none
    Martial Disciplines: Desert Wind, Setting Sun

An aesthete does not swap out maneuvers at even levels the way a normal martial character does, nor does he learn boosts or stances, nor ready and expend maneuvers.

Strikes: When an aesthete chooses to strike, he ignores tactics and selects the most beautiful option. Unfortunately, aesthetes have no taste, so in practice he chooses randomly from all strikes he knows. If the strike is impossible under the current circumstances, he wastes the remainder of his turn flourishing his weapon ineffectively.

Counters: An aesthete cannot decide to activate a counter. Instead, he sets them. Once a counter is set, he *must* execute it when the relevant condition occurs. Starting at 10th level, he can set multiple counters simultaneously. If the relevant conditions for multiple set counters occur simultaneously, none are activated.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 10:23 PM.