New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: My Horrific Alice in Wonderland RPG

Hmmmmm we need to broaden the Equipment section a bit. What say you Twilight?!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

The next thing I'm going to do is change the entire system to use a dice pool mechanic. The one currently in use displeases me. If anyone would be willing to help by play-testing, writing material, or drawing pretty pictures, please say so. I can use all the help I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigwat View Post
    Hmmmmm we need to broaden the Equipment section a bit. What say you Twilight?!
    Good point. My idea was that the equipment I had included was just a few examples, and the players could choose anything they like. However, upon further reflection, I realise that it would be nice to have a few more options.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Quill: An old writing utensil, usually made from Goose or Swan feathers. Are used by dipping in ink.

A Key: Usually the utensil to open a door or lockbox which holds precious items.

Goggles: Used as eye protection. Strapped to the head and covers the eyes with glass in order to keep dirt, water or wind from entering the oculars.

Photograph: An image captured on a piece of elastic film by way of camera lenses. Usually developed in black and white.

Matchbox: A box of sticks used to ignite fires in a simple flick of the wrist.

Monocle: A lens used for corrective vision in one eye. Normally only afforded by aristocrats.

-------------

Just off the top of my head.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Quill: An old writing utensil, usually made from Goose or Swan feathers. Are used by dipping in ink.

A Key: Usually the utensil to open a door or lockbox which holds precious items.

Goggles: Used as eye protection. Strapped to the head and covers the eyes with glass in order to keep dirt, water or wind from entering the oculars.

Photograph: An image captured on a piece of elastic film by way of camera lenses. Usually developed in black and white.

Matchbox: A box of sticks used to ignite fires in a simple flick of the wrist.

Monocle: A lens used for corrective vision in one eye. Normally only afforded by aristocrats.

-------------

Just off the top of my head.
    All of that has been included.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmmm how about a list of mythical items as well? Though I don't plan on using the Vorpul blade in my roleplay, it is indeed worth mentioning.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmmm how about a list of mythical items as well? Though I don't plan on using the Vorpul blade in my roleplay, it is indeed worth mentioning.
    I'll do that, as well as some monsters and more material for the lower Chessboards, once I have finished implementing the Clockwork system.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

rolling ones don't cancel out successes in the clockwork system do they? That's how it worked in Shadowrun, I know that much. It also worked that way in Exalted, and the question arises directly from the roleplay we're having at the moment. Kenneth got enough successes but he also had a 1.

The clockwork system is not entirely clear on rolling 1's, nor is it entirely clear on the measure of failure. I can guess, though, that if someone didn't get the required number of successes and got a 1 (or more 1's) that it would be considered a botch. Usually in these cases I will either give them damage, or make them be knocked prone, making them lose a turn to attack. If neither of these are applicable for the situation, I simply make their characters look like idiots in some manner.

So, really I could go either way on the subject. Since we're not really measuring a certain degree of damage in this, I can just make it to where the degree is heightened or lowered depending on their successes.

But in the end, it's your call.
    Last edited by Zigwat; 2012-03-25 at 03:56 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

rolling ones don't cancel out successes in the clockwork system do they? That's how it worked in Shadowrun, I know that much. It also worked that way in Exalted, and the question arises directly from the roleplay we're having at the moment. Kenneth got enough successes but he also had a 1.

The clockwork system is not entirely clear on rolling 1's, nor is it entirely clear on the measure of failure. I can guess, though, that if someone didn't get the required number of successes and got a 1 (or more 1's) that it would be considered a botch. Usually in these cases I will either give them damage, or make them be knocked prone, making them lose a turn to attack. If neither of these are applicable for the situation, I simply make their characters look like idiots in some manner.

So, really I could go either way on the subject. Since we're not really measuring a certain degree of damage in this, I can just make it to where the degree is heightened or lowered depending on their successes.

But in the end, it's your call.
    1 does not cancel out a success.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

Indeed. Perhapes it's a bit of normal reality in the middle of the harshest domain, able to cut into the most maddining of unlogical things? Hence, the bloody Jabberwock, being somthing akin to Azathoth in the form of a dragon-thing, would be most certently harmed by something that basi?cly ignores every rule in the metaphorical book about the chessbords
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

When were you planning to post again Pokonic? You've been gone for days. Your little encounter with the security guard is still going.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Would you like for me to come up with something for the Cheshire Cat? He is indeed my favorite character in all of the tales of Alice in Wonderland, (and he will definitely be making some appearances in this roleplaying game) and I would be delighted to create the info for him :)

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Would you like for me to come up with something for the Cheshire Cat? He is indeed my favorite character in all of the tales of Alice in Wonderland, (and he will definitely be making some appearances in this roleplaying game) and I would be delighted to create the info for him :)
    Sure! Post some stuff! Just not until after our characters meet him. I don't like spoilers.

Also, I will decide whether or not your interpretation will appear in the book. I promise nothing.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Fine by me. If you have anymore requests for my assistance, don't hesitate to ask.