New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

"Tamed? I certainly hope not." Distaste flickers across the face of Genesis. "I desire servants or peers, not exotic pets." She seems quite displeased that Takara would name herself as such.
    [Radiant Ocean]

"Even a charmed snake still has fangs, my Queen." Takara continues to observe Cessie, Harnel, and Crissellea. "I thought the tricking of serpents was something you had experience with."

___

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Oh, I'm sorry. Certainly. I can die for some fools I just met, and my children can starve." Teq waves a hand angrily, exchanging glares with Cierra. He grits his teeth. "If you want to risk your life, fine. But don't get on a high horse and call me greedy if I ask for some compensation, you stupid, self-righteous little woman."
    [Eastside - Hospital Site]

Cierra's expression softens at the mention of children. "Look, I understand if you have other, more important commitments, but this isn't the time to be talking about money. We should be looking for clues. The person who started the fire might even still be nearby."

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

A woman arrives at the store. She's somewhat tall for a woman. Her dark hair is cut in a short bob and her eyes are a very dark red. Her skin is pale, though lightly flushed. She wears a black pinstripe suit, cut perfectly to hug her generous curves in all the right places. She lacks a tie, and the top button of her shirt is notably undone. She has a trilby to match her suit atop her head.

Her heals click on the floor as she approaches the magbot that acts as a greater, her hips swaying with every step. "Hello, my name is Samona Mase. I have an appointment to meet Magtok." She flashes a smile, showing off her slightly large canines as she does so.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-13 at 03:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

A bit of a smile returns to the face of Genesis. "I do not count you as my antagonist. There is no need to inflict true defeat on you- and even if you were, I would be reluctant to. Being such as you are, it would likely mean an end to your story, unlike my former adversary."

[Wellspring Tower - Courtyard]

"What would you take part in? An epic story, of a court writing its name on the face of a city. One of strange magics and glorious ideals!" With a grand gesture, Genesis, flings her cloak wide, its cloth sweeping outward to display countless images, intertwining futures and possibilities that would occur if Cybil were to accept.

"Working with our vision of the future, working towards your deepest desires, you could become all you are meant to be." The scenes fade away as the cloak drops back to normal. "The River Court demands only that you chase your dreams."

[Wellspring Tower - Lounge]

Genesis grins. "Do to help me, Nae? Perhaps I should put a request on you as well." She muses, drifting around the drow. "I would be lying if I said I did not desire your presence in my court. I think it would serve you far better than becoming a priest, for it does not demand you to follow any ideal and path but your own. While I encourage my court to aid and rebuild Riverside, I do not order- and even in that request, I desire to see the nature of another unfold, in its own way."

"My court still needs to grow, to become a vibrant and thriving community. With your presence, perhaps we could take one step further towards my dream."

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

"I am glad to hear that, my Queen." Takara nods towards the three in front of them. "May I ask what you think of our visitors, my Queen?"

5. - Top - End - #635
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [MagMart]

A woman arrives at the store. She's somewhat tall for a woman. Her dark hair is cut in a short bob and her eyes are a very dark red. Her skin is pale, though lightly flushed. She wears a black pinstripe suit, cut perfectly to hug her generous curves in all the right places. She lacks a tie, and the top button of her shirt is notably undone. She has a trilby to match her suit atop her head.

Her heals click on the floor as she approaches the magbot that acts as a greater, her hips swaying with every step. "Hello, my name is Samona Mase. I have an appointment to meet Magtok." She flashes a smile, showing off her slightly large incisors as she does so.
    If the individual entering has any sort of familiarity with the other MagMart, back when it was its own building apart from Mallside, they'll probably notice that this Riverside one doesn't look anywhere near as glamorous as its predecessor. It's a modest purple brick building, the glass display windows aren't even properly bulletproof, and the smelly homeless people usually employed to wander around about the front of the store in a wacky MagMascot costume with an enormous cyborg head are mysteriously absent.

That said, you can still find just about everything here that you can at the Mallside store. Curtains to carpets, macaroni to monkeys on motorcycles, groceries to zombies garlic. The staff is always happy to help (or else), and if you aren't entirely satisfied with your shopping experience, you can pay a small fee to watch the MagMart employee of your choosing get fired out the MagMart complimentary employee morale cannon. Except in this store, the 'morale cannon' is really more of a morale bazooka, and while it's still fun to watch, it's nowhere near as charming.

*Cough* That totally was all completely relevant and not just me writing out the description of the store you wanted, but outside of a PM so I wouldn't forget. Yup, totally necessary! Anyway, the Magbot greeter frowns for a moment, scanning her face and suit for a moment. She's a vampire, sure, and a lady, definitely, and she has the right name, and she's here for the appointment wearing a suit just like Magtok was told would happen, but she's not wearing a tie! No tie at all! She could be an imposter!

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I'll have to check with the manager first. For all we know, you could be a deadly ninja elf assassin here to kidnap my employer and force him to wear a tutu and put pictures up on the internet, and it's best to-"

Magtok abruptly interjects, as he's prone to doing, splaying his fingers and pressing his palm against the greeter's face, as he turns his attention towards his visitor.

"Mmmprgh! Mmmpgh!"

"Ms. Mase, welcome. Ramiro told me you'd be arriving soon. He told me what to expect, but of course words don't come close to doing you justice."

...NO. No Magtok, no. I don't care if you're just being silly, there is a line. A massive, thick, incredibly important border between your work and your shenanigans, and there's no good reason why the two should ever intertwine. On top of that, she's a totally gross dead body with pointy teeth. This is the first and last nice thing you're saying to her, got it?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-11-10 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

The knight looks around at the images swirling around her in surprise and fascination her otherwise stoic expression turning into awe for a moment as the images seem to reflect in her eyes.

As they disappear she quickly recollect herself and averts her gaze from Genesis. "I... don't think I could say no to an offer like that my lady."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

"I certainly hope not, perhaps you should check with a healer? Or maybe lady Genesis can do something for you? I must admit I don't know the full extend of her powers but I guess considering her current display she might be able to help you with a common cold at the very least."
    [Radiant Ocean]

Crissellea shakes her head. " Eh, no a healer won't help and I doubt Genesis could either. Long story. " The fair skinned woman sneezes a few more times. She certainly took a turn for the worst fast. The blood has drained from her face making her look as pale as a ghost and she is visibly shaking.

" Lady Genesis. " She calls out with a small weak wave to the Queen of Rings. " I do certainly hope you have that room prepared for me because I believe I'm about to " Faint? Because that's just what you did there Crissellea. Hopefully somebody catches her so she just doesn't collapse onto the ground and ruin that nice white dress you have on.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Harnel will do his best to catch her, and he has good reflexes, "Yeah, I think she should definitely see a healer about this."
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-11-10 at 02:04 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Samona smiles, a touch of amusement in her eyes. "As charming as they say. Your reputation proceeds you, Magtok." Thankfully she's smart enough to disregard those baby eating rumors.

She holds out her hand. "A pleasure to meet you." If he shakes it, it won't ever be all that cold! Of course, that means she just recently fed. Try to ignore that part.

10. - Top - End - #640

Exbourne Manor

Gordon gives Maria a half smile. Not telling the person who answers the door is reasonable precaution if they did have Rot.

"Then I would like to talk to someone higher up in the chain of commard. Even if no one here knows where Rot is, I do have other business to do here."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

"I am glad to hear that, my Queen." Takara nods towards the three in front of them. "May I ask what you think of our visitors, my Queen?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The knight looks around at the images swirling around her in surprise and fascination her otherwise stoic expression turning into awe for a moment as the images seem to reflect in her eyes.

As they disappear she quickly recollect herself and averts her gaze from Genesis. "I... don't think I could say no to an offer like that my lady."

[Radiant Ocean]

Genesis considers before replying to Takara. "Harnel is a notable warrior. Bold, eager, and confident. He'll dive head first into his work, and attempt to deal with the consequences as they come.
    "His lady seems much more restrained and careful. She is inquisitive and thoughtful, and seems to prefer logic over emotion."

Oh, and then Crissellea faints. Somewhat concerned, Genesis moves to join the others. "My knight of cups is strong in spirit, but her strength leaves something to be desired, I'm afraid. She's likely overexerted herself in this attempt." She explains, moving closer. "There's a room in my tower set aside for her. We should take her there so she can rest, at least."

"Your answer pleases me." Genesis replies. "I pronounce you a courtier of the River Court, and so you shall be until such time as you choose to withdraw, or earn a title for yourself by your actions."

With a swift hand, Genesis whisks the cloak away, letting it melt into the shadows as the courtyard reforms around them. Her form is mutable, shifting even as Cybil watches, but it retains a regal characteristic through each mutation. "You may tell the lord Lavthos that he may seek an audience with me in my tower whenever he desires."

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

But Maria isn't just the person that answers the door. She was there because she's important enough to know how to operate the security system. In fact... "I am second only to Ramiro, but that doesn't matter. We won't deal with you. Not least because you work with Rot, and you're the head of a terrorist organization."

The vampire goes to close the door. "But for your sake I hope you find Rot. It sounds like you couldn't live without him, if Magtok's book is any indication." Oh dear, she's read that book.

13. - Top - End - #643

MagMart

"The pleasure's all yours." Magtok says, shaking her filthy disgusting zombie hand with a silly grin on his face. It's obviously a joke, but hopefully enough of a dampener on any smelly, dirty, deplorable vampire-lady schemes she might have, and to keep this as professional as possible.

"So...I take it you've already been informed of my intentions?"
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Samona chuckles. Then she lunges at him. Sloppy makeouts soon follow. No, she's only interested in a professional relationship as well. I mean, when Maggy eventually makes a move she might consider...

Anyway. "That's right. Ramiro went through most of what you two talked about."

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

Genesis grins. "Do to help me, Nae? Perhaps I should put a request on you as well." She muses, drifting around the drow. "I would be lying if I said I did not desire your presence in my court. I think it would serve you far better than becoming a priest, for it does not demand you to follow any ideal and path but your own. While I encourage my court to aid and rebuild Riverside, I do not order- and even in that request, I desire to see the nature of another unfold, in its own way."

"My court still needs to grow, to become a vibrant and thriving community. With your presence, perhaps we could take one step further towards my dream."
    Naethalee actually blushes a little. Being half-drow, she's used to people attempting to drive her out of places - not being desired by multiple people!
    "You make a very tempting offer," she says with a smile. "One that I find I desire to accept. I will however have to tell Defelent that I politely decline the priestesshood offer for now."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

"Or perhaps you could just let a leave of absence be your answer." Genesis suggests wickedly, continue to walk around Nae, her presence winding around her like a serpent. "Press home the fact that such a demand was too high." She adds.

"And then you could stay here with me." The fair folk leans close, dominating Nae's field of vision with her wide grin and strange green eyes. Sharp teeth bare themselves hungrily at the half-drow.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

Harnel will do his best to catch her, and he has good reflexes, "Yeah, I think she should definitely see a healer about this."

[Radiant Ocean]

Genesis considers before replying to Takara. "Harnel is a notable warrior. Bold, eager, and confident. He'll dive head first into his work, and attempt to deal with the consequences as they come.
    "His lady seems much more restrained and careful. She is inquisitive and thoughtful, and seems to prefer logic over emotion."

Oh, and then Crissellea faints. Somewhat concerned, Genesis moves to join the others. "My knight of cups is strong in spirit, but her strength leaves something to be desired, I'm afraid. She's likely overexerted herself in this attempt." She explains, moving closer. "There's a room in my tower set aside for her. We should take her there so she can rest, at least."

Fainted Crissellea is caught! Yeah! ... I got nothing else to say here.

-Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Naethalee can't help but lean back reflexively, but grins in return.
    "I suppose that might also be an option, yes - but that's something to think of later, I believe."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #649

MagMart

What do you mean, 'when Magtok eventually makes a move?!'

The cyborg shrugs. "Well you're the expert, here. Do you have anything particular in mind for how we should go about starting this, anything you need to know about pre-existing operations in the Gambling League and such? I'd rather not stumble blindly ahead only to get punched in the throat by someone for doing everything wrong."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #650

Facility - Eastside

As Cutter is walking through the corridor he can hear some clanking from the ceiling. If he happens to look up, he'll notice the vent duct have been opened up.

[Radiant Ocean]

"Oh dear, a fainting spell. I know a few who had this. Have she passed out before?" The mage asks with some concern as she looks over Crissellea. "Is anyone here knowledgeable with the healing arts? She Could use some help if this is a reoccurring condition."

"I'm honored mi'lady, those conditions are very fair, it should be a pleasure serving such a just ruler." Cybil says with reverence in her voice.

Then she slowly gets up and steps back from Genesis. "I shall see to my lord at once and then I shall return with his response. Until then mi'lady." The knight makes a final bow before she will return to Club pulse and Lavthos.

21. - Top - End - #651

Cent Street

The pack leader pauses momentarily, the blue-white circles of flame that serve as it's eyes turning dim for a second as it dimly attempts to cogitate why it's prey isn't fleeing. Although, genetically speaking, the trio of fire elementals could not be more distinct or less related to any kind of cat, tiger or otherwise, in many ways the mind tends to change to match it's form, and the trio have come to think like cats; to divide the world into prey and predator. Prey is supposed to run when it sees them, not huddle up into a group, and certainly not stand it's ground and spit strange words at the tigers.

The elementals minds are quick though, if not as bright as their luminescent forms, and such thoughts are thought out quickly, the three arriving upon a solution within the blink of an eye; killing the defiant prey should solve the problem. In unwavering harmony, the three elementals let out a fearsome roar and lunge forward, the two smaller tigers trying to circle around the defender, attempting to flank him before rushing in from either side, one aiming to knock the hunter off his feet with a powerful sweep of it's tail, the other leaping up and trying to pin him to ground with it's paws.

The leader of the pack, however, heads straight for Takara, seeing her as the alpha of the mortals. For a second, it allows it's corporeal body to waver, losing it's feline form and turning to it's natural state, a shapeless inferno of onrushing fire heading straight towards the Lady with terrible speed.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

"I'm inclined to take her at her word." Genesis replies to Cessie calmly. "She certainly has enough sense and enough funds to seek treatment if such was available to her." The Queen of Rings will reach out to take her knight from Harnel's arms, bearing her as if she were no lighter than a feather, and with a mother's careful concern.

"Though abrupt, perhaps it is best if we end our meeting here, as I should turn my attention to my knight." Says the Queen decisively. "It has been a pleasure to speak with you both. I'm sure Takara can address any other questions you might have, and show you anything you might wish to see."

With this said, Genesis will incline her head, then gracefully whisk away and back to her tower to put Crissellea to rest in the room prepared for her.

"Why delay? Why resist?" The raksha presses, settling herself in Nae's lap. Despite her words and actions being rather sensual, Nae likely feels that there is something more to it as well. Beautiful and enticing as she is being, every line of her being screams danger as well, from her tensed, sleek limbs to the grin of her blood red lips.

It's clear that the fair folk is well aware of both aspects, however, and is deliberately baring them to Nae, though she does seem a bit more carried away than normal. Still, she purposefully baits and tempts, warns and lures, watching and waiting for what Nae will do.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean->Wellspring Tower: Crissellea's Room]

Crissellea is picked up and carried around like a child that fell asleep because she staid up to late. By the time they reach the room the sickly woman's face has gone from pale to flush with what appears to be a fever.

-Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

"Why not try to lure him away from his current profession to ours?" Naethalee suggests, the half-drowess' own grin growing as she attempts to slip her arms around the dangerous fey in her lap.
    She notices both the sensuality and the danger - and cannot help but feel herself drawn to both, the danger making the reward, as it were, that much more rewarding... "Increase our recruits to the cause, as it were..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Crissellea's Room]

The pair enter an empty room. Or at least, it should be an empty room, as it has never been used for, nor furnished. Yet, the Queen of Rings demands it to be filled, and so it is. The room is rather small, particularly in comparison to the rest of the tower, but this is not without purpose. Everything in the room is focused around a central point, allowing its owner to manipulate and reach everything with minimal effort.

In the center is a circular bed, in which the fair folk gently places Crissellea, before pausing and carefully considering. She didn't understand Crissellea's illness, not from a physical perspective. She knew what it meant to the knight's narrative, her future and past, but she couldn't understand how it really affected her, nor truly what she should do about it.

Were this entirely her world, she could simply demand that it do what she desired, to follow her will, but the Knight of Cups was entirely too shaped, and so was her illness, and so the Queen of Rings could not touch it so easily. But she knew the heart of her knight, and though she could not heal her body, she was not powerless.

Clasping one of Crissellea's hands in her both of her own, Genesis kneels beside the bed. "Unfaltering heart, unwavering compassion, I bid you not cease." It was, by the standards of Genesis, a feeble pledge, a feeble working. It would not heal her body, nor cleanse it, but it was a conviction, a slightly tenacity that might cling to her, to keep her alive should the worst befall.

The Queen of Rings will likely remain by Crissellea for quite some time, occasionally repeating her words in a quiet voice.

"Oh? Do you think you could resist the mirrored temptations he might present?" Genesis inquires, leaning against Naethalee as she allows the half-drow's arms to slip around her. It's rather like holding a wild animal that is currently at rest- it isn't struggling at the moment, but should such struggles come, she won't escape without being savaged. Claws lightly press against Naethalee's arms and back, dragging across her with just enough pressure not to pierce skin, though it is a close call.

"I don't think you can resist me, after all." The fair folk observes quietly, hissing into Naethalee's pointed ear. "Why would he be different?"

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Well I only figured with Maggy going after every woman he's within a 100 meter proximity with, it's only a matter of time. *nodnod*

"I have a few contacts around, and I can pull up a few more I'm sure. I'll direct them to you, with instruction to be discreet, and then your people can guide them through the teleportation and out the other side. Are you equipped to be getting vehicles through? If not you should be. Any questions?" Samona says.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

"Because I did not come here to resist you," Naethalee admits, even as she shivers at the feeling of the scratching across her skin. [size=1]"I came here to seek you, and your advice. Were I to go to speak with him, it would not be for the purpose of succumbing to temptation - but, rather, to be offering the temptation myself."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Takara bows to Cessie and Harnel. "As my Queen said, I am at your disposal."

___

[Cent Street]

Takara's motion is prepared, her anticipation not failing her. Silver light shines from her as her form melts and blends into waves of light briefly, the lines that define her limits reconfiguring into a new shape. It moves through the flames with the swift assurance of a swimmer, to emerge from the other side unharmed by the flames; a serpent scaled in orange, red, and yellow, glimmering eyes reflecting the flames. Here and there is a blue scale amidst the normal pattern of scales, and the snake seems to have a faint aura of silver light about it.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Harnel watches Genesis go, looking a bit worried for Crissellea's safety, before turning to address Takara and Cessie, "I acxtually think it's about time we let, unless my wife still has questions. we have to get home." Cessie should note from the inflection he puts on that last word, he doesn't mean watchtower.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Crissellea's Room]

It isn't long, about three minutes, before Crissellea stirs a little. She murmurs quietly and then sniffles a bit. The merchant rolls over towards Genesis and then sniffles again before, " Achoo! *sniff* Hrrmm... I hate colds... " she says after sneezing loudly. Crissellea's eyes flutter open and they drift towards the Queen of this court.

-Nexus Characters