New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Wellspring Tower - Crissellea's Room]

"Is there anything you require, my knight?" Genesis asks gently. "Whatever you might need, it will be yours."

[Wellspring Tower - Lounge]

Apparently tiring of the conversation, Genesis abandons the subject and delicately takes one of Naethalee's ears between her teeth, bending it a little and pricking it with her sharp fangs before releasing it. "You're very bold, not to be resisting me." Her eyes return to meet the half-drow's own. "What do you think you'll gain by this?"

She's so very close, the heat of her body matched by her aura of power and danger. There is something majestic about her, and something that hints that she cannot be claimed, that any attempt to possess her will end only in tragedy.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Dwarf in the Playground

The merchant woman nods slowly and then sniffles again. " Mhm, orange juice, hot chocolate, a blueberry muffin, a few strips of bacon, a good book and probably twenty-four hours to get over this. " She says a small smile spreading on her face. She obviously doesn't need any of that besides the time to rest but she certainly does want it.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

A bodyguard tries to put his foot in the way of the door.

"If that's the way you view me, then know this. You have twenty-four hours to decide if you to help with locating Rot, or not. If you do not, I will let my members do what they wish in your part of this city. Have a good night."

Gordon and bodyguards turn to take their leave.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"Have a good day, Gordon." And with that, Nadia closes the door.

((Also, I think that the 24 hours should be considered complete whenever the Coffin Hunting plot in the HT's Plots thread is completed. Just to keep with continuity.))

5. - Top - End - #665
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [MagMart]

Well I only figured with Maggy going after every woman he's within a 100 meter proximity with, it's only a matter of time. *nodnod*

"I have a few contacts around, and I can pull up a few more I'm sure. I'll direct them to you, with instruction to be discreet, and then your people can guide them through the teleportation and out the other side. Are you equipped to be getting vehicles through? If not you should be. Any questions?" Samona says.
    Is not! It's closer to a twenty meter proximity, if anything!

In all seriousness though, eww. Vampires are still totally gross, like overgrown leeches pulsing with stolen blood in their bodies.

"I'm equipped for that...I think."

Nobody's going to be getting an APC through, but a teensy sedan could probably squeeze by.

"Is there anything I should watch out for, then? Obvious tells that might say 'cop' or 'jerk who's just going to shoot someone and run?' Anything you might see as common sense that I'd be stupid enough not to know which could get me cut in half for not knowing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Better than some dress wearing, tinman, crime against nature. And let's not forget all that baby eating.

Samona ponders a moment. "Might be a good idea to have some regulation on who's going through. Showing some papers on the way through, nothing too complex. That way we can filter out a lot of trouble. As for the cops, I'll be able to keep them mostly away on this side. Otherwise, keep armed guards on either side and look out for anyone suspicious. This operation is never going to be completely clean, but just use some common sense and you'll do just fine."

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post

Apparently tiring of the conversation, Genesis abandons the subject and delicately takes one of Naethalee's ears between her teeth, bending it a little and pricking it with her sharp fangs before releasing it. "You're very bold, not to be resisting me." Her eyes return to meet the half-drow's own. "What do you think you'll gain by this?"

She's so very close, the heat of her body matched by her aura of power and danger. There is something majestic about her, and something that hints that she cannot be claimed, that any attempt to possess her will end only in tragedy.
    Naethalee gasps, the half-drowess unable to contain a shock of sensation coursing through her body at the prick to her sensitive ear.
    "I know that some things are not meant to be resisted. And that others cannot be. I also know that fleeing from danger might mean a safer existiance - but also a more boring one. I will gain knowledge. Experience. Perhaps even humility." She might be joking with that last. "But more importantly, were I to resist, were I to flee, I would never know what I did not gain - and that is something I do not abide in my life."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Cent Street

The pack leader pauses momentarily, the blue-white circles of flame that serve as it's eyes turning dim for a second as it dimly attempts to cogitate why it's prey isn't fleeing. Although, genetically speaking, the trio of fire elementals could not be more distinct or less related to any kind of cat, tiger or otherwise, in many ways the mind tends to change to match it's form, and the trio have come to think like cats; to divide the world into prey and predator. Prey is supposed to run when it sees them, not huddle up into a group, and certainly not stand it's ground and spit strange words at the tigers.

The elementals minds are quick though, if not as bright as their luminescent forms, and such thoughts are thought out quickly, the three arriving upon a solution within the blink of an eye; killing the defiant prey should solve the problem. In unwavering harmony, the three elementals let out a fearsome roar and lunge forward, the two smaller tigers trying to circle around the defender, attempting to flank him before rushing in from either side, one aiming to knock the hunter off his feet with a powerful sweep of it's tail, the other leaping up and trying to pin him to ground with it's paws.

The leader of the pack, however, heads straight for Takara, seeing her as the alpha of the mortals. For a second, it allows it's corporeal body to waver, losing it's feline form and turning to it's natural state, a shapeless inferno of onrushing fire heading straight towards the Lady with terrible speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post

[Cent Street]

Takara's motion is prepared, her anticipation not failing her. Silver light shines from her as her form melts and blends into waves of light briefly, the lines that define her limits reconfiguring into a new shape. It moves through the flames with the swift assurance of a swimmer, to emerge from the other side unharmed by the flames; a serpent scaled in orange, red, and yellow, glimmering eyes reflecting the flames. Here and there is a blue scale amidst the normal pattern of scales, and the snake seems to have a faint aura of silver light about it.

[Cent Street]

Michael and the Defender open fire from their guns at the fire elementals. The Martyr steps forward and raises his axe, ready to chop at any that approach. He'll do so with unnatural strength, but seemingly at the cost of his health.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

"You will have it." The Queen decrees, before leaning down to Crissellea and kissing her on the forehead. "Your work should earn you far more than simple rest. Because of you, my realm is increased, and your dream has been brought into reality. The strength of your heart carried us through, and for that, we are all in your debt."

Genesis stands and bows to Crissellea, and then will leave to let her rest. However, a nameless servant does bring her all that she requested, though there are multiple books, so she might choose one of her liking.

"Close your eyes." The raksha urges, her hands tracing across Naethalee's face. "Trust me. Give yourself to me." She whispers, her lips inches from the half-drow's. "And you will experience something like nothing else."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Naethalee takes a deep breath, the raksha's touch electric across her skin, and she closes her eyes, clearing her mind and centering herself in readiness.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Though she cannot see, Naethalee will sense Genesis unfolding (unraveling? Expanding?) around her, a presence far larger and stranger than her shaped body, which is but a puppet dangling from the lines of magic upon which the nature of the fair folk hangs. The touch of Genesis's puppet form is overlayed with her true presence, and the sudden, soft kiss she bestows elicits pleasure... and torment.

Understanding the form of Genesis is difficult, but through this touch, Nae can feel her true hunger; the flirtations of Genesis were the swaying eyes of the snake, drawing in its prey hypnotically. Having teased out Nae's desire with her charms, the fair folk besets her remaining defenses with her kiss as she widens the ephemeral jaws of her true form, then strikes.

Seizing some unseen portion of Nae (memories? Feelings? Soul?), the beastly raksha tears at it, severing it from Nae remorselessly. It is painful, and there is a definite sensation of loss as this removed aspect of her is devoured, consumed by the beautiful predator kissing her. However, it is cathartic as well, bringing about a level of numbness and freedom, as if she were drugged. Her inhibitions and self control are damaged and ragged by the experience.

The jaws of Genesis seize on to Nae again, less urgent than before, but they still seem inclined to worry at that same portion of her, ready to devour still more of it.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2011-11-11 at 07:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672

[Radiant Ocean]

"I'm inclined to take her at her word." Genesis replies to Cessie calmly. "She certainly has enough sense and enough funds to seek treatment if such was available to her." The Queen of Rings will reach out to take her knight from Harnel's arms, bearing her as if she were no lighter than a feather, and with a mother's careful concern.

"Though abrupt, perhaps it is best if we end our meeting here, as I should turn my attention to my knight." Says the Queen decisively. "It has been a pleasure to speak with you both. I'm sure Takara can address any other questions you might have, and show you anything you might wish to see."

With this said, Genesis will incline her head, then gracefully whisk away and back to her tower to put Crissellea to rest in the room prepared for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Radiant Ocean]

Harnel watches Genesis go, looking a bit worried for Crissellea's safety, before turning to address Takara and Cessie, "I acxtually think it's about time we let, unless my wife still has questions. we have to get home." Cessie should note from the inflection he puts on that last word, he doesn't mean watchtower.
    [Radiant Ocean]

Cessie just nods in agreement with Genesis, "You probably know her a lot better then me, tell her it was nice to meet her however. I hope we can see you again some time." The mage says with another bow before Genesis leaves them with the fallen knight.

She then turns to Harnel and Takara, shining up as her husband mentions home. "Yes, I'm afraid we have to leave you rather abruptly. My dear husband seems to have a surprise for me." Cessie looks at her husband lovingly before turning To Takara with a gentle smile. "Perhaps you could lead us to the ext Takara? It have been nice being here."

13. - Top - End - #673

[Exbourne Manor]

"Have a good day, Gordon." And with that, Nadia closes the door.

((Also, I think that the 24 hours should be considered complete whenever the Coffin Hunting plot in the HT's Plots thread is completed. Just to keep with continuity.))
    (Only if they don't use up two sunrises. Other than that, I'm fine with it.)

14. - Top - End - #674
    Halfling in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

Cierra's expression softens at the mention of children. "Look, I understand if you have other, more important commitments, but this isn't the time to be talking about money. We should be looking for clues. The person who started the fire might even still be nearby."
    Teq breathes out through his nose, much more calmly. Though he hadn't raised his voice, he hates getting angry. "Yes. I'll look for the intruder. Edward, make sure any workers on-site don't leave." He points at the human before turning to go. "And be careful."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #675
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You will have it." The Queen decrees, before leaning down to Crissellea and kissing her on the forehead. "Your work should earn you far more than simple rest. Because of you, my realm is increased, and your dream has been brought into reality. The strength of your heart carried us through, and for that, we are all in your debt."

Genesis stands and bows to Crissellea, and then will leave to let her rest. However, a nameless servant does bring her all that she requested, though there are multiple books, so she might choose one of her liking.

Crissellea's face becomes flushed not only with a small fever but with a blush from the kiss and praise she just received from Genesis. " I... your welcome, though I didn't really do much... " She says quietly as Genesis departs.

Then food and books come. The knight of cups will slowly nibble away at the food and drinks bit by bit as she reads. If one was brought Crissellea will read a romantic adventure novel or failing that a adventure or romantic book.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

[Radiant Ocean]

Takara bows. "But of course. This way, please." Takara will lead them to the nearest exit.

___

Cierra turns to go looking for clues herself.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella follows after Teq, frowning. Something wasn't right here. Who would light fire to the hospital. It's almost like it's history repeating itself. And then there's the vision she saw.

"There's more to this than meets the eye, you know. I don't think it was just some arsonist. There has to be something else."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Mouse frowns when Gordon leaves and heads to Ramiro's office. She doesn't bother knocking, considering what she has to say to be a bit more important than common courtesy. "Sir, Gordon's going to be a problem. Whether we find Rot or not."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Ramiro nods slowly, looking up from his monitor. "I understand that. We won't be looking for Rot. I'll increase patrols, but we need a plan."

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Estella follows after Teq, frowning. Something wasn't right here. Who would light fire to the hospital. It's almost like it's history repeating itself. And then there's the vision she saw.

"There's more to this than meets the eye, you know. I don't think it was just some arsonist. There has to be something else."

"Something other than the probable cult activity?" Cierra sounds more curious than confrontational, as if she's wondering what Estella has in mind.

21. - Top - End - #681

"I don't think anyone should be working here at this hour, but I try to make sure of it." Edward replies before he lock and opens up the gate to let the fire trucks inside once they arrive.

[Wellspring Tower - Entrance]

In the distance of the tower Cybil comes walking once again, this time in the company of humanoid figure dressed in a dark purple robe with golden patterns sewn into it.

Just by his walk you can tell he isn't human. His hands are hanging in a position at his chest which would be slightly uncomfortable for a human to have and his walk looks slightly off, it's hard to tell how exactly due the fact that the robe drags to the ground though.

The creature's head is oval rather then round with small pair of holes where his ears and nose should have been. His mouth lacks lips and just seems to be a thin black line against his grey skin. More disturbingly however might be the fact there is only skin where his eye sockets should have been.

Cybil is guiding him to the tower, looking for someone which she could talk to.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

Though she cannot see, Naethalee will sense Genesis unfolding (unraveling? Expanding?) around her, a presence far larger and stranger than her shaped body, which is but a puppet dangling from the lines of magic upon which the nature of the fair folk hangs. The touch of Genesis's puppet form is overlayed with her true presence, and the sudden, soft kiss she bestows elicits pleasure... and torment.

Understanding the form of Genesis is difficult, but through this touch, Nae can feel her true hunger; the flirtations of Genesis were the swaying eyes of the snake, drawing in its prey hypnotically. Having teased out Nae's desire with her charms, the fair folk besets her remaining defenses with her kiss as she widens the ephemeral jaws of her true form, then strikes.

Seizing some unseen portion of Nae (memories? Feelings? Soul?), the beastly raksha tears at it, severing it from Nae remorselessly. It is painful, and there is a definite sensation of loss as this removed aspect of her is devoured, consumed by the beautiful predator kissing her. However, it is cathartic as well, bringing about a level of numbness and freedom, as if she were drugged. Her inhibitions and self control are damaged and ragged by the experience.

The jaws of Genesis seize on to Nae again, less urgent than before, but they still seem inclined to worry at that same portion of her, ready to devour still more of it.
    Naethalee gasps, but stays still, and as the sensations of pain and loss mix with the sensation caused by the Fey presence, she almost...melts (metaphorically, of course) from the effects of having part of her torn asunder, devoured by the rakhsa wrapped around her, as she shudders from the combinations of sensation and feeling, pain and pleasure, loss and release, her lips parting soundlessly into the Fey predator's kiss as her inhibitions fade away.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-11-12 at 06:44 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

The predatory fair folk sates itself with a second, much smaller portion of Naethalee's temperance before examining her critically, a thousand strand-like limbs folding about her to touch each aspect of her psyche. It does not speak, forms no words, but the half-drow will feel it giving vague impetus to its intent, letting her sense that it desired to know the extent of the damage it had inflicted on her, to ensure that she had not been damaged so far that she would not recover.

It possesses a level of devilish amusement at her current state, not hostile, but certainly without any sympathy (let alone empathy) for it. Nae had taken it on quite willingly, even if she hadn't entirely been aware of what was coming. If she didn't like it, well, she'd know better now.

A thin strand of the being runs across the jagged wound where Nae's temperance once fit, reminding her of the loss, provoking a more profound sense of loss and pain, while at the same time evoking that heady catharsis and loss of inhibition. Nae could do anything... because that identity, that part of her that was aware of her self imposed limits, had been torn away. It would grow back, but for now it was gone.

And then, the presence fades as Genesis parts from the kiss. She smirks at the half-drow. "Satisfied?" She asks, knowing full well that Nae probably would not be. While her own hunger was satisfied, her partner's was probably fully provoked.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"I don't recommend any extended combats with Rot."
    Mouse tells him, taking a seat. "He may be somewhat idiotic in nature, but if there's anything he's good at, it is the art of dealing out quick and brutal death. Try to ward him away with fire if you can though." She advises. "As for Gordon..." Mouse starts with a shake of her head. "As said, he's unpredictable. He once tried to kidnap someone just for an insult. I really can't say how to prepare against anything he does as it varies greatly."

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Naethalee seems to have had her temperance drained significantly - not beyond repair, but to a level where her self-control, inhibitions, and resistiance to temptation all will be reduced to nearly nil for quite some time (as well, for that matter, her caring what others think of her newly intemperate state). And there is not the slightest hint of caring about it either - for caring about the lack of temperance would require temperance itself...

The touch to her soul, where her inhibitions once lay, provokes a moan from the half-drowess as she sprawls languidly in the embrace of the Raksha, her mind feeling fuzzy, but free - and a grin spreading across her face as she looks up at Genesis' smirk, reaching out with her corporeal hand to trace the side of her...companion? Employer? Mistress?
    "Satisfied? Hardly. I have yet to even begin."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

"Something other than the probable cult activity?" Cierra sounds more curious than confrontational, as if she's wondering what Estella has in mind.
    "Well, it's just that these spirits are here mostly because of the fire that happened before. Then remember that vision that I had of a fire out the window, and I could smell smoke. I think this has something to do with the spirits." Estella explains. She doesn't have a lot of info to go on, but it makes sense to her.

[Exbourne Manor]

Ramiro's eyebrows furrow as Mouse speaks. "You've had dealings with AMEN in the past I presume?"

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

"Unfortunately for you... I have guests. And I am well satisfied." Genesis says with a wicked grin, her form dissipating into a hot, dry wind before sweeping away, buffeting Nae teasingly as it vanishes.

Nae may have to find some other person or way to satisfy herself, it seems. Whether the fey mood of Genesis will leave her longing or angered remains to be seen, but she may have more pressing needs than contemplation.

[Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

Blades of grass twist and writhe, forming silent green servants with no eyes and mouths that beckon Cybil and her liege forward. Sylvan in build and perfectly coordinated, the four servants lead the way up the tower to a dizzying height, stopping at a pair of large golden doors, each a half of a circle. Two servants taking each handle, they pull the doors open, revealing the Throne of Rings.

The five ascending circles of the throne spin slowly, the decorated throne atop them all turning ever so gradually to face them as they approach. Yet, when it finishes turning, it is shown to be quite empty. A woman in black, wearing a mask, sits on the second to highest circle, but she has yet to look up or acknowledge them in any way, nor does she seem to have the regal attitude as befitting a queen...

But then, a voice comes, leaving no doubt as it the presence of Genesis. "I have anticipated your arrival. I bid you welcome to the River Court" Her voice comes from nowhere and everywhere, lacking direction and sound, pulsing itself into the narrative. It is easy to tell she has spoken, but it is not into their ears or even minds, but simply written to be so into the fabric of reality.

"Lord Lavthos, if that is who you be, step forward. The Queen of Rings would know who desires an audience with her. You come but with one attendant, no procession to herald your arrival, bearing no grand gifts to attract my attention- are you truly the lord you claim yourself to be? In what manner do you claim your title?"

28. - Top - End - #688
    Halfling in the Playground

Eastside - Hospital Site

"I don't know many ghosts who need gas to light fires. But you're right. I doubt we've even scratched the surface here." Teq hurries forward, into the main area of the site, looking in all directions. His eyes rove over the buildings, examining every detail as he goes along.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #689

[Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

Lavthos looks in the direction of Genesis voice and grins, his mouth filled with small dagger-like teeth and steps forward and makes a short but elegant bow. "Lady Genesis, a pleasure hearing your sweet voice in my ears."

"You have to excuse my brusque entrance but I did not expect another to hold into such customs around here. It would appear I have fallen victim to the uncultivated environment I have surrounded myself with. The clients I take care of now would feel rather alienated if I had processions to announce my arrival." He explains as he reaches into one of the arms of his robe.

"I did not come gift less however." Lavthos takes out a black gemstone cut into a marquise which he offers to Genesis. "It's not much but it contains a few memories from my homeworld which you may find interesting."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, it's just that these spirits are here mostly because of the fire that happened before. Then remember that vision that I had of a fire out the window, and I could smell smoke. I think this has something to do with the spirits." Estella explains. She doesn't have a lot of info to go on, but it makes sense to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Eastside - Hospital Site

"I don't know many ghosts who need gas to light fires. But you're right. I doubt we've even scratched the surface here." Teq hurries forward, into the main area of the site, looking in all directions. His eyes rove over the buildings, examining every detail as he goes along.
    "Maybe whoever is doing this is exploiting the haunting, the memory and residual psychic-spiritual energy from the tragedy that took place here. That might explain the similarities." Cierra starts to head off in a slightly different direction from the others.