Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

Outside Exbourne Manor

Well hell, with Rico standing on Rot, Squiggles won't be able to drag the body akin to how one would drag a jetski.

And they're still shooting at her. Do they want her to stop or to die? Ilpholin doesn't have time to ponder which.

She reels her whip in on the razor sharp setting incredibly swiftly, probably cutting through the harpoon shaft. Not really removing it from Rot, that. In fact it likely makes it more difficult to get it out, with less of a grip and everything. But she needs her whip back.

Mister Squiggles shoots another web at the female still shooting at Ilpholin. Ilpholin activates her blinding beauty. She's only used it once before, back when she fought Teb, and she doesn't like admitting she can use it, but desperate times. Anyone looking directly at her is likely to become blind for an [insert player decided amount of time here]. Including Squiggles when all is said and done, unfortunately. But standing there and just doing that is stupid, cause it will result in many shots perforating her, so she does while rolling to hide behind a nearby tree (totally looked up the description to make sure there was some). It'll reduce the effectiveness of her blind attempt, but the cover is more than worth it.

Unfortunately, already slowed, and tired and hurt, she ends up taking a good shot to the leg. Yeah, she still managed to push herself to roll for cover, but running's not an option anymore. It's long since past being an option even, given the supernatural nature of her opponents.

TLDR:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Ilpholin retrieves her whip, likely cutting through part of the harpoon.
    • Ilpholin activates blinding beauty while rolling for cover behind a tree.
    • Ilpholin gets shot in the leg for OW damage.
    • Mister Squiggles shoots a web at unnamed woman before becoming blinded.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

[/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground

Outside Exbourne Manor

Great, now there was more then one running around. It would be slightly harder for her to track individual movements for she had trained for this many times before. She could pick out Ilpholine even with the others running around.

The black skinned woman had stopped though and considering the others were still moving around had she been killed?

It really didn't matter but she did know Rot's body was somewhere nearby. What she wanted to do was to emerge from the ground and simply drag rot away but she didn't know exactly where he was.

She better take a look.

As Ilpholine have rolled for cover the vampire's head discreetly emerges from the earth and takes a look around to see where Rot is.

Club Pulse

Lavthos looks to be about to turn around when he suddenly chuckles. "Ah, right. It might be better for my subject Cybil here write down the address for you. I would advise care however, the Tenebras plots weren't stopped by nothing. As far as I understand it, she's a powerful necromancer."

He gestures to the woman who have remained behind Magtok all this time who without any hesitation takes up a note bock, writes something in it, rips off the page and then hands it to Magtok.

It's a short description how to go to the previously abandon manor.

3. - Top - End - #873

Club Pulse

"Thank you again, sir."

Magtok takes the slip of paper, commits its contents to memory, and nods. Necromancy. The most slimy, disgusting, putrid, abominable school of magic there is, second only to certain specific forms of blood sorcery. The bad news is that he'd almost certainly hate this woman the moment he meets her. Diplomacy would be difficult. The good news, of course, is that he'd almost certainly hate this woman the moment he meets her. The last thing he needs is another romance.

"So you don't get along too well with the Tenebras, then. Are they aware of this? Have you contemplated extending an olive branch of sorts? Surely they aren't that unreasonable..."
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"
    -Dracula
    Vamptok by Fullbladder

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Lounge]

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Naethalee may run into (perhaps even literally) Hilda, who is currently entering the lounge. Looks like she may have been outside exercising, which is a regular occurrence by now- she's put back on a lot of the muscle and weight that she lost in her homeless days. Still a little light, perhaps, but in decent shape. Her left arm is entirely drained of color, with twisting dark blue patterns whirling like celtic knots across its surface. It is a strangely smooth limb, and perhaps a bit heavier and more muscled than her right arm.

The handler raises an eyebrow at Naethalee's current state. "Don't know about you, but I dress before I head out." She remarks, half serious. "I'm not sure even Genesis would want someone running around in her tower unclothed- but I dunno, she is a bit strange."
    Naethalee grins, and looks Hilda over with an expression best described as a combination of 'appraising' and 'hungry'. "Oh, the Lady Genesis approves completely, seeing as it was she who put me in this state," she declares, smirking and stepping closer. "I think you should try it yourself. It's very...uninhibititing."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #875
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

"I admit I find it curious that you would send your servant to accomplish something, only to come and tread the same ground days after." Genesis replies. "Perhaps you do not trust her word?" She muses idly, before dismissing the topic.

"Here you have found me, Lord Lavthos. I am Genesis, Queen of Rings. I am the ruler of the River Court, and all who would claim me as their queen. In time, I will see my domain stretched across this third of the city, and fulfill the desires of my court within it, bringing about a new age. This I have said, and it will be so.
    "But what of you, Lord Lavthos? Why is it you seek to know my aims, and come to this place?"

"It sounds like you're drunk." Hilda observes. "And I know all about that." Her white arm reaches out to take Nae by the arm and pull her deeper into the lounge. "I don't think you should go out right now."

Hilda doesn't seem judgmental, but she seems pretty solid on taking charge of the situation, and is pretty firm on not wanting Nae to go outside. Picking up the half-drow's dress along the way, she'll lead her towards one of the side rooms. Assuming Nae follows along, she'll find herself in a fairly non-descript apartment with only basic furniture.

"What's your name?" The handler asks as she takes a couple of long steps to a small kitchen area, from which she retrieves a pitcher and a glass. She glances at Nae as she pours out a glass of water for her. "Haven't seen you here before."

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Naethalee does go along, smiling, her hips swaying in a distinctly enticing manner - or, at least, one designed to entice; it should be clear she doesn't particulary care who is enticed, either.
    She has no problem following along, clearly anticipating the usual things that happen when somebody is taken to one's apartment around these parts...
    ...and accepting the glass of water when offered, giving Hilda her broadest, brightest, most seductive smile.
    "Naethalee Halcyon. Daughter of Valin Halcyon, Ranger, and Beldra Rilynana, Priestess of Shar and former Llothite Disruptor," the half-drowess says proudly. "And if this is being drunk, then I want to be drunk all the time. What's your name, beautiful?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #877

[Wellspring Tower - Apartment]

The vast majority of that title goes right over Hilda's head. What kind of ranger? Shar? Llothite disruptor? But then, a lot of people seem to talk about things that Hilda isn't particularly understanding of, especially when one of them is drunk. But it didn't seem particularly important.

"Hilda." She replies simply, not even batting an eye at Nae's persistence. Doubting she'd be able to get Nae to put the dress back on, and frankly not being modest to begin with, she neatly drapes it over a chair. "I'm in charge of Genesis's armory."

She doesn't seem particularly inclined just to fall right along into Nae's plans.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

The half-drowess' eyes light up at the mention of an armoury.
    "Oooh, I see. So you get to play with all the shiny toys and slicey things, then?" She giggles, and gulps down the rest of her water, pulling a pair of shining rapiers from the scabbards hidden in her thigh-high leather boots. "You must be good at fencing, then. How about a good spar, hm?"

And she spins, then crouches in a 'come hither' sort of pose.
    Well, 'come hither with swords', at least.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #879

"Not that I mind the suggestion, but wouldn't it be better to use practice weapons?" Hilda asks, eyeing the bared swords cautiously. Drunk and armed is never a good combination- at least a practice sword wouldn't necessarily be lethal. "I can get a couple..."

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Exbourne Manor

"Gyah!!!" Mouse shouts as she's blinded, her eyes hurting. She refuses to just stay still though and clumsily makes her way to a different tree to hide behind. Most other times, her photo-contacts would protect her eyes, but this wasn't light. She continues to curse streams of profanity with her back to the tree, out of the fight for the moment.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Exbourne

Rico is not standing on Rot, but sprawled across him - in a manner that would elicit snerky comments and embarrassing photos if it wasn't the middle of a combat scene.

The whip goes razor mode, and slices through Rico's armour, injuring his hand and chest, as well as sawing off the extruding part of the harpoon-stake. He waves the blade he started to draw last post in the whip's direction, but misses. Since Rico was looking at the whip rather than the nymph, he's only partially blinded, but it's still unpleasant. He yells out a curse, in pain and frustration, and decides to pick up the Rotsicle and carry it back into the mansion. That motion is only barely starting in this post though, so they're both still on the ground.
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    "A corporation is not a person unless I can punch it in the face for being a jackass."
    ~Nick Harkaway

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

The woman curses loudly when she's blinded by Ilpholin. The web hits her a moment later, as her blindness doesn't allow her any opportunity to react to it.

Like Rico, Valente is only partially blinded, but what little he can see is all but useless. Just enough that he can sort of see what way Ilpholin went. "Ilpholin!" He starts moving toward her. He needs an explanation, assurance, or something from her when this is all said and done.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

"Not that I mind the suggestion, but wouldn't it be better to use practice weapons?" Hilda asks, eyeing the bared swords cautiously. Drunk and armed is never a good combination- at least a practice sword wouldn't necessarily be lethal. "I can get a couple..."
    "Practice swords? Where's the fun in that?" Naethalee grins ferally. "But, if you absolutely insist..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

Mister Squiggles got to do something last time before being blinded, so this time he gets to do nothing except wheel backwards away from the situation.

I misunderstood Rico's love for Rot's body. Fortunately it changes nothing.

Ilpholin hasn't noticed the earth vampire yet. I don't think Rot's particularly hard to pick out in this situation.

"Valente!" Oh that's right. That semi-useless guy was still around. Well, maybe he might still be able to prove himself. She limps over to him, one quite bloody hand on her side and her other arm going to throw itself over his shoulders. "Please save me Valente. I need you."
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

[/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885

"It's in being able to live the next day." Hilda replies, before focusing herself. It's obvious that she is concentrating for some reason, but only after a moment is her effort made plain. The blue lines on her arm twist and writhe, streaming out from her hand to form a pair of thin swords of identical tint. They seem to be decent replicas of the weapons Nae currently holds.

Hilda offers these to Nae, then will produce a third sword in the same way. It is a bit longer, and its blade wider, but is well suited to the handler's height and build. "This should work."

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, nice trick. Very nice. What else can you make that way?"
    Naethalee accepts the swords with a wink, testing their weight and balance before once more settling into a seductively defensive pose.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #887

[Wellspring Tower - Apartments]

"Just weapons." Hilda sighs at Nae's pose. "You'd best take this seriously or I'll beat the tar out of you." She warns, before darting forward in an attempt to land a stinging first blow on Nae's torso. She's strong, and has some training, but really, the sword isn't her best weapon and she's a bit slower and more awkward with it than she should be.

18. - Top - End - #888

Club Pulse

Lavthos smiles, "Oh, I have no personal feelings against Tenebra's we all have our secrets after all. It's once they get out they become dangerous since people can use them against you. Though I guess it's easy to misinterpret with what the words I used to describe them. I'm aware I got somewhat of a dramatic flare, it's within my family line see? I have offered my services to Tenebra's freely, I just view them as business partners. There is no bad blood between us." He explains. "I accept their little quirks, but the question is of course if others do. Since there is not like they are going to become public with you, correct?"

Lavthos gives her a look (which is rather hard to do when you don't have eyes.)

Cybil just shifts a little at Genesis words.

He seems to dismiss the topic as easily as Genesis however once she continues.
    "Since I'm like many else is curious about your powers. And while I lack an certain perspective of your creations others might have I can still appreciate the hard work you have been doing around here. Cybil have even told me she have joined your court." He gestures towards his servant.

"Where I'm from it's considered polite to show interest in those around you as well, making me a somewhat of a victim of my own culture. I do wish to ask you however. What is your opinion about Northside and Westside? Would you consider expanding your court there as well?"

[Outside Exbourne Manor]

Perfect!

The vampire goes underground again and will make a hole just underneath Rot's head and will then attempt to drag the body and everything that happens to hold on to it into it.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Eastside - Hospital Site]

"Where else do we look then? This is our best bet for finding out what's going on here." Estella reasons. She doesn't want to waste the opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq sighs. He knows she's right. But it's playing right into this thing's hands.

"Fine."

That said, he steps aboard. He glances at the available floors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Estella steps in after him. Up to SC if Cierra catches them in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Eastside - Hospital Site

As by the social and dramatic rules of the nexus, Cierra will find the two as they are stepping inside the elevator which only seem to go to one other floor which is below them.

It appears new compared to the rest of the hospital with a green interior and a second door at the other side.
    ((I think these are the last couple of posts. If this plot got hung up waiting for me, sorry about that.))

"Hey, wait up! Hold that elevator!" Cierra waves as she jogs towards them. Once inside, she takes out the camera she found. "Take a look at this. I found it in the parking lot."

___

[Westside - Cierra's Loft]

Quickly pocketing her MagPhone, Grace turns her attention back to Cierra. "Well, if it's not too much trouble, coffee would be nice." Though she's striving to be friendly and polite, the situation feels awkward to her. She's not entirely sure why she's here, doesn't really know Cierra, and being in her apartment makes it all a little stranger.

"So, Cierra, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?"
    "Oh, sure!" Cierra dashes off into a small side room that serves as a kitchen, returning a moment later with some black coffee, and a little sugar and cream on the side for Grace to use or not use at her preference.

Cierra sits down, folding her hands neatly in her lap. "Well, Ms. Grace... I wanted to talk to you about your work, and about the Nexus. You see, I'm into similar things, and I just felt that you and I could help each other. I'm interested in the Nexus, what it is, how it works, and why it is. And I want to help make it a better place for everyone to live in."

"So, I was just interested in finding out what you knew about the Nexus, and what you think should be done to help it. Because there's a lot of bad stuff and bad people out there, and the Nexus itself is so strange and so dangerous. It's a really fascinating mystery."

Cierra clears her throat. "I know this is all a little strange, me asking you to come here out of the blue like this... but you're one of the few people who seems really aware about the Nexus, and really concerned about it. And I feel the same way."

20. - Top - End - #890

No doubt giving someone a look is doubly hard when you don't have eyes and they don't have a body or even a direction from which their voice is coming.

"Repetition is not something I favor." Genesis says suddenly. "I assure you, all I have said to you and your servant on my goal and rule is true and sufficient. If you desire more, there is much to be learned simply by asking those I have taken in to my court and realm. My aims and methods are not closely kept secrets, and are known to a fair few.
    "If you cannot discern an answer, I advise you decide on an answer yourself."

"You have neither earned my interest or my favor. You have come as a questioning stranger to my halls, a man who asks much and does little, who discards the work his more worthy servant has done for him. You offer no show of grandeur, ask for no great boon, make neither demand or elaboration on your own identity. Lavthos- I reject your title. You come here as a simple man, a man with no story, and so you will be recognized as such until you prove yourself as more."

"Do you reject my decision?" Genesis questions, her words demanding.

Grace sips her coffee, and doesn't respond immediately. It's obvious that she's thinking about what to say, and the best answers to the questions she's been presented with. What was the best way to go about things How much did she truly know? What had she learned from her successes and failures?

Her fingertips roll off and on her cup, then stop as she answer.

"I think the biggest thing to realize is just how strange Nexus is. It doesn't follow a lot of the rules people expect or even think it follows. There are certain problems and difficulties that I'm no longer sure arise naturally, and so to fix them will require very different methods.
    "So... I guess my thoughts, at the moment, are that before any serious work can begin, we need to know more about how the Nexus works. Research and tests, rather than just assuming it acts like we think it does."

She takes another sip of her coffee, then keeps speaking. "For example... take Red Zone. Almost everyone has tried to help it. And before it existed, there was just an area known as the slums. People tried to help it too- more time and resources has been put into them than I could hope to muster, but the problem doesn't actually stop.
    "It is, I think, the perfect example to the problem of assisting Nexus. The problem there is not an economic problem, or social problem. It looks like those are the symptoms of something else, something that is not being dealt with, so the problems keep arising no matter how many times we relieve the symptoms."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower]

Johann and Elizabeth are approaching the tower again, intending to speak with Genesis once more, having decided she can be trusted.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Pixie in the Playground

Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq puts his hand on the door and, barring any ghostly shinanigans, Cierra should be able to get inside. He studies the camera thoughtfully, then looks back up at Cierra.

"What's on it?" The soldier asks as they presumably travel down.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

-Johanna Stokes

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

One thing is for certain - Cierra is fairly bad at making coffee. It's still drinkable, but the taste is just on the edge of being burnt and too bitter.

"Ah, you're right. I've noted before that sometimes the physics or "rules" of the Nexus seem to change. I definitely agree with the need to better research and understand the nature of this place. Have you had any luck in discovering the principles on which the Nexus functions?"

___

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq puts his hand on the door and, barring any ghostly shinanigans, Cierra should be able to get inside. He studies the camera thoughtfully, then looks back up at Cierra.

"What's on it?" The soldier asks as they presumably travel down.
    "Pictures of the hospital, and the most recent one is the nursery. It had a note on it indicating that it belonged to a Jack Punter."
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-11-20 at 03:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really? Great, maybe we can find him and he saw something." Estella says. Finally a good lead.

25. - Top - End - #895

Luckily, Grace knows exactly how to deal with this. Subtly, while using body movement and posture that draws attention to her face and expressions rather than her actions, she begins adding cream and sugar to her coffee. Obviously, Cierra will probably notice the action, but if she's distracted, she may not notice just how copiously the sugar is being added.

Once her coffee is probably sweet and thick enough to qualify as a milkshake, Grace resumes drinking it. Ah, saccharine goodness.

"I haven't, largely because I've not had the resources to. Nexus would be a nightmare to study, and I don't really have access to people with the skills necessary to research it. My current hypothesis, however, is much of Nexus's quirks and laws are effected by an advanced form of societal magic."

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

I hope Grace keeps good dental hygiene, what with her love of sweet things. And how does she keep her waistline so trim?

Cierra tilts her head curiously. "Societal magic? Like... a spell an entire society casts? Or some kind of collective, unconscious will, that can change the physical and metaphysical nature of things?"

27. - Top - End - #897

One of the good things about having a body that only mimics human form is ignoring some of the problems the human form has. Grace doesn't even have most organs. There's likely not a stomach in her.

"Something like that, yes. It makes sense, doesn't it? People expect there to be slums, so there are. People expect to be able to get to their favorite tavern quickly, and so they can, the dimensional instability altering things just enough for it all to be more convenient for them."
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2011-11-20 at 07:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

"So... people's expectations and beliefs might be having a tangible, direct effect on the Nexus?" Cierra mulls that over for a moment. "That could explain a lot of things... but what does that say about the presence of all the bad occurrences in the Nexus? And just how much can this dimensional instability change things? There are still a lot of unanswered questions."

29. - Top - End - #899

"People don't always expect or think the best." Grace points out, setting down her sugar coffee. "And besides that, even if it were in place, societal magic isn't necessarily in control or behind everything. With Nexus, you can bet there are multiple factors taking place and affecting things."

"Which brings us back to earlier, when I said researching and testing on the topic would be a nightmare." She says with a sigh, picking up her coffee again.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Cierra frowns slightly as they reach the same dead end again. "Okay. Can I ask you a hypothetical question, then? If you did have unlimited resources and personnel. What kind of research would you do on the Nexus?"