New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

Eastside - Hospital Site

"How old are the photos?" Teq asks, since the elevator apparently hasn't reached it's destination yet.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Westside streets]

Where all the action is.

Especially on a wonderful night like tonight. Crickets chirping, NPCs going about their lives, PCs fighting in epic battles to determine the fate of mankind and the size of their coffers. Oh, and Latalla is there too.

Tonight she has on a big poofy frilly pink dress and an oversized parasol with crystals dangling like dew drops around its edge. She is waltzing through the grimy, thief infested streets and humming cheerfully, oblivious to the cut throats and muggers that have formed an orderly queue behind her in the shadows. She is also strolling directly towards a nearby scene already in progress. I don't know which one because she hasn't bothered to figure out what is happening already but figured this was as good an entrance as any.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

3. - Top - End - #963

Eastside- River

Eight pinpoints of purple light appear hovering just above the sluggishly flowing river, connected by lines of psychic power so thin they can barely be seen, a luminescent diagram of a gate. Or at least so it appears to mortal eyes, which are hardly designed to comprehend such matters as interdimensional wormholes. Anyone glancing down at the waters above which the gate hovers would see a significantly more accurate representation reflected there, a complex snarl of non-euclidian shapes locked together in a shifting, asymmetrical pattern.

There's a dramatic pause, a shimmering of the air within the gate, and then- Out of the dimensional pathway sails a ship, an ironclad frigate with the symbol of a purple crown emblazoned upon black sails, a single laser cannon mounted on the prow. At the wheel stands Cephar Kalyos, a gray-skinned, yellow eyes, candy-corn horned being of the species known as trolls, who's currently engaged in flipping the freak out.
    "Oh gog oh gog oh UNHOLYFRELLINGOGS HOWDAYASTEERTHISTHING!?!"

He spins the wheel wildly, trying to steer against the sudden change of currents, but to no avail; the ironclad is wrenched to the right, slamming side-first into the reinforced guard-rails built on the edges of the river, sparks flying as the frigate is dragged along by the tides to the tune of metal screeching across metal. "DROP ANCHOR! SOMEBODY DROP THE DAMN ANCHOR!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sorry about forgetting this, Earl.))

[Eastside - Hospital]

I imagine the monkeys will be able to keep track of them both, despite air ducts being terrible ways to be sneaky, padded feet or no.

[Exbourne Manor- Ramiro's Office]

Ramiro explains the same thing he did to Mouse to Mortius. Rot's presence was known only to a handful. "We already discussed the matter of your monkeys. Regardless, I'm glad you're here. Have you seen any sign of Valente or the woman he was with?"

[Westside - Streets]

Where all the action is!

*crickets*

There is far less action here than Latalla was lead to believe!

But look! Right there! There is a mustachioed man standing at the side of the street. He's dressed rather spiffily, with a suit, fancy cape, and a top hat. He seems to be holding a spread out deck of cards to passerbys, but they ignore him.

5. - Top - End - #965

[Westside Children's Home]

A kid appears on the doorstep. It's a boy. He may be around 10 or 12, but he is taller than a normal child of that age. His short black hair adheres to his head. His body seems to be well trained, too much for a child. He is bleeding on the nose and his hands, also his clothes are rags. It really seems like he just escaped a big fight. He knocks on the door.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Eastside- River

Eight pinpoints of purple light appear hovering just above the sluggishly flowing river, connected by lines of psychic power so thin they can barely be seen, a luminescent diagram of a gate. Or at least so it appears to mortal eyes, which are hardly designed to comprehend such matters as interdimensional wormholes. Anyone glancing down at the waters above which the gate hovers would see a significantly more accurate representation reflected there, a complex snarl of non-euclidian shapes locked together in a shifting, asymmetrical pattern.

There's a dramatic pause, a shimmering of the air within the gate, and then- Out of the dimensional pathway sails a ship, an ironclad frigate with the symbol of a purple crown emblazoned upon black sails, a single laser cannon mounted on the prow. At the wheel stands Cephar Kalyos, a gray-skinned, yellow eyes, candy-corn horned being of the species known as trolls, who's currently engaged in flipping the freak out.
    "Oh gog oh gog oh UNHOLYFRELLINGOGS HOWDAYASTEERTHISTHING!?!"

He spins the wheel wildly, trying to steer against the sudden change of currents, but to no avail; the ironclad is wrenched to the right, slamming side-first into the reinforced guard-rails built on the edges of the river, sparks flying as the frigate is dragged along by the tides to the tune of metal screeching across metal. "DROP ANCHOR! SOMEBODY DROP THE DAMN ANCHOR!"
    Seiphidis sighs in an utterly irritating way. Ugh! How utterly irritating!
    "Shouting is not a prΣrΣquisitΣ."
    He slowly shuffles over to the anchor with no sense of purpose and grabs at it, but the combination of his bloodsoaked hands and the shaking ship cause the darned thing to fly right out of his hands and off the ship in an entirely useless tangle. Be FREEEEEEEE, young anchor!
    Seiphidis peers at the anchor.
    WΣll crap."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

A kid appears on the doorstep. It's a boy. He may be around 10 or 12, but he is taller than a normal child of that age. His short black hair adheres to his head. His body seems to be well trained, too much for a child. He is bleeding on the nose and his hands, also his clothes are rags. It really seems like he just escaped a big fight. He knocks on the door.
    The door is opened by an elderly woman wearing a Jedi robe and leaning on a wooden staff. "Oh poor dear. Come in. What happened to you?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #968

Eastside- River

(Oops. Forgot the typing quirks.)

The anchor is heaved over the side, landing on the riverbank in a useless tangle and dragging across the ground in the ship's wake. At least until it snags on the railing, the ship suddenly lurching to one side as it reaches the end of it's tether and is dragged back, turning in the waters.

"YΩU UTTERLY INCΩMPETENT ACCUMULATIΩN OF RANCID WEEK ΩLD SEAHΩRSE FECES SEI! IT WAS IN NΩ WAY A GLU66ING DIFFICULT TASK TΩ WHICH WE ASSIGNED YOU, A TASK WHICH NΩT EVEN THE MΩST INSIPIDLY UNTALENTED RUST-6LΩΩD CΩULD SUCCEEDED IN FAILING AT, AND YET WE ARE PRESENTED WITH A SCENARIO WHERE YΩU HAVE SUCCEEDED AT DΩING JUST THAT! HΩW DID YΩU GLUB UP THRΩWING A GΩG-DARN ANCHΩR ΩVER6ΩARD?" Cephar screams, gripping the wheel so tightly his already gray knuckles lose what little color they have left as he desperately attempts to keep the ship from listing to starboard any more than it already has.

Lamina lumbers over to where the chain hangs over the side, drawing axe from his strife deck. "twould well behoove you to step aside, friend." He mutters, before swinging the axe down at the chain that now tethers them to nearly certain death.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-11-23 at 10:44 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside-River

Seiphidis points his fingers at Cephar in a shape reminiscent of a gun. The kind that goes pew pew and kills ****. His laser rings generate a violet bolt of energy aimed not to hit Cephar, but to streak past him.
    "Don't shout at me. InsuffΣrablΣ violet bloodΣd prick."

He steps aside for Lamina, shooting at the chain in an attempt to break it and redeem himself, but really only succeeding in hitting whatever poor beings lie below. Poor lower lying beings.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

At some point or another when nothing important could be interrupted, or precisely when something could be interrupted, depending on Happy's choice, Riley is teleported here due to the event in spoilers below.
    He looks rather confused, and all the residual THANKSMAS CHEER has covered him in frost and peppermint shavings.
    "Um...what?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wolfy ponders for a moment and if TS decides this to be canon, Riley will find himself transported here. There should be plenty of children for him to be friends with there.

(Recaiden) He lives!

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Eastside - River]

Oh. Unfortunately, Johann is an extremely literal-minded man. A while ago, when we spoke, we said that we would need a proof of your good will before we agree to take part in your plans to change Riverside. Since then, most Hunters have come to the conclusion that you can be trusted. And since we too find the situation in Riverside unacceptable and in need of change, we have come to propose an alliance in the name of all Imbued in the city. He means it, too. It's rare when the Hunters agree about anything, but this is one of those cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

"I... you have to excuse my sovereign, we are from another culture. Things are different there." The knight replies as polite as she can muster, kneeling in front of the throne. "I am still at your service though if there is anything you wish of me."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Apartments]

Naethalee, already mentally celebrating her victory, is caught off guard - and sent flying, skidding across the floor with a distinctly surprised look on her face!

[Eastside - Upper River]

"Are there to be any stipulations or particulars about this alliance? Is there a particular goal you wish to work towards, or aid you desire? Or should I simply offer my good will and agreement and leave it at that?" Inquires the fey queen.

Seizing her opportunity, Hilda attempts to kick away Nae's swords. "Lets see how good you are without those fancy blades." She says, reaching down to grab her by the arm.

[Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

"No, I believe that will be all for now, Sir Cybil." Comes the words of the Genesis. "You are dismissed."

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

Naethalee allows her arm to be grabbed - but then reaches up in an attempt to grab Hilda's arm in turn, and toss the other woman off her feet!

It's not elegant, and not quite judo, but...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #973
    Barbarian in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Riley may find a pair of suspiciously similar children before him, both grinning madly at a picture on the wall. They both have sandy brown hair, large green eyes, and paint absolutely everywhere on their clothes.

The only real difference between them is one is a boy, and the other a girl.

They don't seem to notice him or the CHEER! he came in with yet though, too busy admiring their work.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"Um...Hello?" Riley scoots tentatively towards the children, "I asked for somebody to live with and I got sent here..."

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Apartment]

Her footing isn't great, so Hilda is tossed, though she keeps hold of Nae's arm, and therefore isn't tossed far away. Still, this stuns her for a moment, during which Nae can try and get up and retrieve her swords, or take advantage in some other fashion.

16. - Top - End - #976

Westside Children's Home

The two turn to the new kid and immediately try to wave him over.

"Lots of people to live with here."

"No parents though. Hey, what do you think of this?" The boy points at the painting. Nothing about it looks off, just a man's portrait. Although the mustache is a bit smudged.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Riley peers at the painting cautiously.
    "I don't know...what is it?"
    You'll have to forgive him, children, he also didn't know what Thanksmas was until today. It's what happens when you're kept for food and not allowed to see the outside world for your formative years and cursed to be somewhere between eight and fourteen for all eternity.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-11-24 at 12:45 AM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

18. - Top - End - #978

Westside Children's Home

The grinning pair lift their arms to the frame and turn it around, revealing the exact same picture on the back, only the man is facing the other way.

"This one is the original." the girl points to the one on the back, and Riley should be able to see that the mustache isn't smudged on that side.

"And this one is ours. We swapped it around after painting on the back. Neat huh?"

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"Why would you put two men on a square and hide one of them?" Riley lifts the picture from the wall a tiny bit to get another view of the original.

((Sorry, my internet died))

(Recaiden) He lives!

20. - Top - End - #980

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The door is opened by an elderly woman wearing a Jedi robe and leaning on a wooden staff. "Oh poor dear. Come in. What happened to you?"

"Parents dead. Assassin dead. Home crushed"
    he doesn't bring out any other words just repeating them, allways in this order like the szene happens again in front of his mental eye.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"Shh... it's okay. You're safe now," Sister Gertrude says, and tries to put a hand on the boys head. She will try to give him some healing for his physical wounds and some calming for his mind. "Come inside. We'll take care of you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #982

The kid rise his hands in defense protecting his face against her. She still succed in her healing, whicht should clear that the blood on his hand isn't his own. The nose is healed and he could be dragged inside, slowly.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Eastside - Upper River]

"Are there to be any stipulations or particulars about this alliance? Is there a particular goal you wish to work towards, or aid you desire? Or should I simply offer my good will and agreement and leave it at that?" Inquires the fey queen.
    Our primary goal is to keep the common citizenry or Riverside safe and make sure the supernaturals and mundanes live together in peace, Elizabeth responds. The two things we need most are information and secrecy - we will be much more effective if we know as much as possible about dangerous supernatural occurences and if we remain hidden from other powers of Riverside. The vampires already know more about them than it's comfortable. In return, we can lend help your servants in their tasks and missions.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #984

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Westside Children's Home

"Why would you put two men on a square and hide one of them?" Riley lifts the picture from the wall a tiny bit to get another view of the original.

((Sorry, my internet died))
    Westside Children's Home

The twins look between each other, then back to Riley.

"It's a picture, silly. The men aren't real."

"We flipped it around and painted it backwards to see if anyone would notice."

"Now come on, if you're new here the sisters will want to meet you and give you a scrubbing. Us too" The girl taps a finger on her paint laden clothes.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-24 at 09:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

The kid rise his hands in defense protecting his face against her. She still succed in her healing, whicht should clear that the blood on his hand isn't his own. The nose is healed and he could be dragged inside, slowly.
    Sister Gertrude is in her 80s and leans heavily on her staff. She will only take him by the hand and walk inside, but if he does not walk along with her, she is far too feeble to drag him. "What is your name, dear?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #986

He will follow since it doesn't need to much strength to get him moving.

"Eon."

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Westside Children's Home

The twins look between each other, then back to Riley.

"It's a picture, silly. The men aren't real."

"We flipped it around and painted it backwards to see if anyone would notice."

"Now come on, if you're new here the sisters will want to meet you and give you a scrubbing. Us too" The girl taps a finger on her paint laden clothes.
    "I don't understand..." Riley looks at the picture, and then the twins, "It's really good, though. Not like the paintings Father Face had...they were scary."

(Recaiden) He lives!

28. - Top - End - #988

Westside Children's Home

"She means a washing. The caretakers always wash us all when someone new comes. They say it keeps us from catching colds. I think they just like to torment us." the boy explains, but his sister is oddly silent.

((Of course, how much of this is true and how much is just playful fibbing is left to be decided by Shadowcaller and happyturtle.))

She looks at Riley askew, then takes a few short steps and attempts to give him a hug. When she gets closer, Riley will be able to see the her bright green eyes don't exactly focus on him, just staring wherever her head points.

"You really like it? Thank you!" the apparently blind little girl chirps cheerfully. She's obviously very proud of her accomplishment.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"I heard in Trog's that baths are good for y-" Riley gets hugged!

"Yeah, I...Are your eyes okay? They don't move..."

(Recaiden) He lives!

30. - Top - End - #990

Westside Children's Home

She pulls back, shaking her head at Riley and giggling a bit, "Nope, I'm blind. The sisters say they aren't connected at the back, so I can't use them. That's why it's so hard for me to paint. But Michael tells me what things look like."

"Yuhuh." the boy, Michael, nods, "They call me her spotter, because I get to be her eyes."

"And I'm his hearer, because my ears are better than his."