New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

Westside Children's Home

Riley looks over at 'Tor'.
    "You're scary. My brand says so, see?" Riley holds up his robotic arm to show where his real arm had a brand, but that's a robotic arm, not his real one, so there's no brand, "Well...it used to be there. It still is, sorta. It tells me when people are scary. You're scary."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Eon don't even notice the new kid, since all here are new he lines up behind Tor.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Lily is done quickly and comes out of the bath in new clothes, her skin mostly free of paint. Michael goes in and comes out almost as quickly, fluffing his head with a towel as he leaves. He notices Tor right away, and holds out his hand to shake.

"Wow, another new kid in the same day? We're lucky you got here when you did. I'dda hated to have two baths in one day... I'm Michael, what's your name?"

(Timeskipping the baths for obvious reasons.)
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-27 at 06:30 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Orc in the Playground

[Westside Children's Home]

'Tor' looks at Riley, looking a bit confused and a bit annoyed. The boy then smiles pleasantly.

"Boo."

He turns away from Riley to return Michael's handshake.

"Hullo. I'm Tor."

(because they're secretly aliens allergic to baths who are only pretending? )

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1055

Westside Children's Home
    More handwaving magic!
    Caretaker Johnny(known as Elder Johnny to the kids) has been here forever!
    Obviously.
    He walks around, making sure the children are doing okay.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #1056

Eon reacts to the 'Boo' from Tor. Until this moment he has crouch himself a bit and seemed like a fearful kid a bit smaller in heigth then the others, but after the 'Boo' he stands up straight and appears a bit heigther. (Most likly half a had over average size). His muscles swell, but he keeps them under controll.

"You shouldn't play games with others."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Riley jumps and yelps, and his prosthetic arm clicks and clacks and whirs and whistles as it transforms into a large shield to protect Riley, the built in bolt pistol going off and blowing a nicely sized hole in the nearest wall.
    "Eep."

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Westside Children's Home

Michael looks at the hole in the wall, then back at Riley. "That is so COOL!"

Lily looks confused, "What is it? It sounded really weird!"

Elder Moss pokes his head into the hallway, a frown on his face. "Children... Play nice while I get supper on. We can only replace so many walls you know." Well, Happy said they had to be sane and reasonable, but I think Moss takes it just a bit far...
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1059

Wrecked Ship

"♠♠w, d♦n't be ♠ll ♠ggressi♥e, m♠n. I w♠sn't pl♠nning ♦n ♠ddin to ♠ll your pr♦blems. Just rem♠rkin ♦n h♦w f♠llin is st♠rting t♦ be ♠ theme f♦r y♦u, met♠ph♦ric♠l ♠n ♦therwisely. Reynar attempts to throw an arm over Sei's shoulder, pulling the grouchy troll into a bro-hug. "♠s for yer lusi, well, bein the dimwit tool I ♠m, I wouldn't know much bout th♠t, would I?"

Depending on whether it was terrestrial or aquatic Sei's lusus is likely either packed in amongst the common rabble, or enjoying considerably more comfy accommodations at the onboard swimming deck, which the seadwellers and their lusi have commandeered. Alternatively, Reynard might have locked it in a room for a joke.

Outside the Wreck

The Eastside Police Force has arrived!

Already, a dozen or so cars have pulled up around the ruined area, setting up a barricade and beginning to scour the rubble for survivors. A smaller perimeter has been established around the ship itself, but so far no-ones dared go near, the laser cannon tracking their every move serving as a deterrent.

Eastside Back Street

A lone cop car pulls up just in front of the fog, Volunteer Officer Murdock stepping out of the vehicle and eyeing the fog suspiciously. Weird. Nothing like this going on in the rest of the city, meaning it's no normal mist, probably a magical effect of somesort. And, unfortunately, his job to investigate, especially as it's between him and the disaster zone.

He almost draws his regulation 9mm pistol, but after a seconds thought takes the tazer gun instead. Wouldn't want to accidentally kill any civilians who are stumbling about in the fog. With a sigh, Murdock advances into the mist.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Orc in the Playground

Tor ducks with a yelp (and a naughty word)! Once he realizes he hasn't been shot, he glares at Riley.

"Why'd you do that?! I just said 'boo', there's no need to shoot at me!"

Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

[Eastside Backstreet]

Shin nods as the civilians give him the details and is about to do something when a cop exits his car with a tazer and advances into the mist. Shin then runs in after him saying, "Hey wait! I'm the hero here, you could get hurt." As he runs in he sets his materialized scanner over his left eye to scan for any signs of lifeforms.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Eastside - Leaving]

"Wouldn't that be nice?" Ilpholin says with a smile, stepping up the pace a little bit, but sticking to the crowded streets strategy.
    Looks like the strategy works. There's enough crowded streets that no one can really jump them. They'll be followed to the edge of Riverside, then their pursuer disappears on them.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Leaving]

At which point, Ilpholin will breathe a sigh of relief before leading Valente to... AMEN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - River]

The Hunters both nod. You make a good point, Lady Genesis, Elizabeth says. Perhaps we will consider acting more openly. This doesn't seem to be what the Messengers had in mind, but those circumstances are different than those the original Imbued had to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

"As you wish my lady. Call upon me whenever you need my aid again." Cybil replies as she get's up, She seems to hesitate however. "May I ask if you have a room, somewhere I could live? I'm sharing my liege's home at the moment but it feels like I should try to get more freedom since we came here." The knight asks.

"If you decide to act in accord with my principles, I will gladly support you in that aspect." Genesis replies. "But, putting that issue aside for the moment, you also mentioned your desire for information. What information do you require?"

There is a long silence, and finally it becomes apparent that Genesis is not going to reply- perhaps she already left.

The black robed woman stands, putting away her quill, and addresses Cybil. "The Queen of Rings has set aside living space for those in her court who desire it. I may offer suitable quarters to you on her behalf."

She draws out a silver key and descends the steps from her lofty seat to offer it to Cybil. "There is a common room on the fifth floor. Any unmarked door in the hallway beyond it can be yours. Place the key in the lock, and it will align to it."

With this, Ragna sweeps away, leaving Cybil alone in the throne room.

15. - Top - End - #1065

Westside Streets, Just Outside Club Pulse

Magtok makes a point of giving the bartender a single-digit salute on his way out the door, but beyond that, his leaving Club Pulse probably isn't all that special or remarkable. Once he's put some distance between himself and that awful, wretched, thumping, headache-inducing club music that some people generously like to call 'techno', he whips out a phone. Assuming Samona got around to buying herself a MagPhone, he calls up her number, looking about to see if someone might be following him as he waits for her to respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post

"If you decide to act in accord with my principles, I will gladly support you in that aspect." Genesis replies. "But, putting that issue aside for the moment, you also mentioned your desire for information. What information do you require?"
    We're at our most effective when we're prepared and we know what we're about to face. So we need information about dangerous supernatural occurences in the city was well as lore about enemies we might run across.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside Streets, Just Outside Club Pulse]

Indeed Samone did get a MagPhone. She answers after the first couple rings. "Maggy, calling so soon? I hope it's good news."

18. - Top - End - #1068

"Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. I just had a chat with the proprietor of Club Pulse. Ugly sonuvabitch, that Lavthos. He makes Rot's stupid face look like Vampire Fabio by comparison. I may've vomited in my mouth a little when I walked into his office, and then again when I walked out, and possibly a little while I was in there and talking to him."

What Maggy's saying is that Lavthos is obscenely hideous. Absolutely, positively, unforgivably repulsive.

"Anyway, he says you guys are hiding Rot away somewhere, you tried to set fire to a necromancer lady's house, and you're not particularly honest or nice people. I think he was trying to turn me against you lot...but honestly? Gordon's boyfriend and the entire necromancy field can go straight to Hellside for all I care. I'd like you to tell me everything you know about the Pulse people, and what the story is behind the failed attack on that necromancy lady.

Oh, and just a heads-up, I think someone might be following me. I don't blame Lavvy, since that's certainly what I would do if I was that ugly and disgusting and just had the sweetest little slice of cake in the Nexus walk right out my office door without so much as an exchange of phone numbers, but if I inexplicably hang up in the middle of this call or something, just want you to know I've probably been abducted."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post

Tor ducks with a yelp (and a naughty word)! Once he realizes he hasn't been shot, he glares at Riley.

"Why'd you do that?! I just said 'boo', there's no need to shoot at me!"
    "I didn't mean to! I swear! It was an accident!" Riley shouts from behind his shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Wrecked Ship

"♠♠w, d♦n't be ♠ll ♠ggressi♥e, m♠n. I w♠sn't pl♠nning ♦n ♠ddin to ♠ll your pr♦blems. Just rem♠rkin ♦n h♦w f♠llin is st♠rting t♦ be ♠ theme f♦r y♦u, met♠ph♦ric♠l ♠n ♦therwisely. Reynar attempts to throw an arm over Sei's shoulder, pulling the grouchy troll into a bro-hug. "♠s for yer lusi, well, bein the dimwit tool I ♠m, I wouldn't know much bout th♠t, would I?"

Depending on whether it was terrestrial or aquatic Sei's lusus is likely either packed in amongst the common rabble, or enjoying considerably more comfy accommodations at the onboard swimming deck, which the seadwellers and their lusi have commandeered. Alternatively, Reynard might have locked it in a room for a joke.

Outside the Wreck

The Eastside Police Force has arrived!

Already, a dozen or so cars have pulled up around the ruined area, setting up a barricade and beginning to scour the rubble for survivors. A smaller perimeter has been established around the ship itself, but so far no-ones dared go near, the laser cannon tracking their every move serving as a deterrent.

Eastside Back Street

A lone cop car pulls up just in front of the fog, Volunteer Officer Murdock stepping out of the vehicle and eyeing the fog suspiciously. Weird. Nothing like this going on in the rest of the city, meaning it's no normal mist, probably a magical effect of somesort. And, unfortunately, his job to investigate, especially as it's between him and the disaster zone.

He almost draws his regulation 9mm pistol, but after a seconds thought takes the tazer gun instead. Wouldn't want to accidentally kill any civilians who are stumbling about in the fog. With a sigh, Murdock advances into the mist.
    Sei's lusi was a sea serpent, so...aquatic.

"Gravity is my nΣw mortal ΣnΣmy, it sΣΣms," Seiphidis coughs.
    "Do you hΣar sirΣns?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

"You and I both know how honest we are, don't we, Maggy?" Samona replies, a touch of amusement in her voice. "But yes, it seems like Lavthos is a bigger problem than we'd expected. I hate to say it, but we don't have a lot on him right now. As far as I can tell, they've been pretty quiet until recently."

She's mostly silent for a moment, making a soft clicking noise with her tongue. "His claim about the necromancer's mansion are entirely true, minus a few important details. We were responding to a spell that was drawing in the undead. I'm sure you can imagine our interest. When our man went in, he was taken captive and only released on the promise that he'd serve her. Of course he left as soon as he was able, especially after learning that she had some rather large, unpleasant plans for the Nexus at large."

"As for you being followed, I think we have two people in the general area right now. If you disappear on me I'll be sure to let them know, and hopefully we can stop any abductions before they start. I wouldn't want to lose the sweetest little slice of cake in the Nexus, now would I?" There's just the slightest hint of suggestiveness in her tone behind the amusement.

21. - Top - End - #1071

"Yes, well...as unpleasant as it might be if someone comes along and souffles me alive, with the clones around, I'm sure that's the yeast of your concerns."

Modesty? From Magtok? This is certainly strange.

"Oh, and he asked if I could help him start up a casino by changing up his existing club and stuff. I gave him a sorta neutral response there, said we'd talk about it more, later on. Not sure what to make of that, honestly. I think that much might be genuine, but I can't see how it helps out my bottom line. Suspect he might not ask so nicely for the assistance later on."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mhmm, I suppose you'll have to figure out what you want to do with this casino business yourself. All I have to say is that I wouldn't trust Lavthos as far as I can throw him. With any luck we'll root up a bit more on him in the meantime."

Samona has something else on her mind, however. "Anything else you want to talk about these Club Pulse people, or can I tell you about our first potential customer. I'll give you a hint, he can single handedly make us more money than I was hoping the first ten customers combined would."

23. - Top - End - #1073

Magtok raises an eyebrow. Not that Samona can see him do so, of course. Not unless she's secretly stalking him and watching from a rooftop, waiting for the right moment to pounce and start snogging like some sort of hormone-crazed, celebrity-obsessed teenager. Which she totally is.

"The Nexus has plenty of people who're extravagantly, exorbitantly, unhealthily wealthy, Samona, most of them who're absolutely stupid with their money. You'll have to give me a better hint than that if I'm to have a fair chance at guessing this one."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Samona chuckles. "Fair enough. How about one that has an interest in transporting goods into Inside? Fredrick Ward, goes by Old Freddie. He's a rather influential merchant." No doubt Maggy's heard of him, despite appearing on screen only once back during that blockade. "He expressed an interest in our little operation."

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Gremalphin hears a gunshot, and wanders towards the loud noise. He doesn't know what it was, and thinks it might possibly be fireworks. He's short and tubby, with grey skin and large ears. He's bald, though some straggly brown hairs sprout from his chin, and he has a large pair of ears and a large nose as well. His eyes are purple, with flecks of silver, and his pupils are slightly oval rather than round. He's wearing a blue t-shirt and a pair of green shorts; his bear feet have a patch of dense brown hairs on top, just spreading to the toes. "Hello everybody. What's happening?"

Exbourne Manor

I know some English stately homes have been redesigned over their lifetimes, with internal walls moving around. This occasionally results in 'dead space', a hollow which once was part of a room but isn't any more. The bodies maintaining stately homes try to access those areas wherever possible, because if a fire starts in one it could spread throughout the building before it becomes visible.

Alternately, in a boiler room, there might be access to examine pipes or something.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #1076

Westside Children's Home

Lily turns to where she hears Gremalphin's voice , giving him a wide smile, "Hi Grem! It's bathtime, and Riley got scared, and this is Tor!" she waves her arm at where she thinks "Tor" is, but the only thing there is a blank bit of wall.

"Lily, Tor is over here. Heya Gremalphin, s'bathtime cause we have three new people. Elder Moss said he's cooking something for supper too."

Speaking of Moss, his voice echos out from the kitchen, "I don't hear anyone bathing. If you all aren't done by dinnertime you all have to wait to eat until the last of you is finished."

27. - Top - End - #1077

The knight makes a short bow to the woman, "Thank you, I will ensure her ladyships faith in me isn't misplaced." She takes the key as if she had been holding a sword and looks at it for a moment before heading to the place Ragna told her about.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Eastside - Hospital Site

"How old are the photos?" Teq asks, since the elevator apparently hasn't reached it's destination yet.
    The photos appear to be quite new, they were taken yesterday in fact and the camera is of an new model.

Club Pulse- Roof --> Inside

The cleaner doesn't seem to notice the monkey as she's busy doing her work. And even if she did, considering she have been living in the nexus for some time and likes continuing doing so, investigating strange noises isn't that high on her list of priorities.

The monkey will be able to see the dance floor, the bar... there really isn't anything special about them. If it's looking for the way up though there is a closed elevator with what appears to be a key lock.

Magtok will in fact not be attacked as he's busy talking with Samona, that's not saying he isn't being watched however.

Yes! By random guy down the streets!

Or maybe that's a woman? It's really hard to tell this far away.

28. - Top - End - #1078

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Westside Children's Home

Lily turns to where she hears Gremalphin's voice , giving him a wide smile, "Hi Grem! It's bathtime, and Riley got scared, and this is Tor!" she waves her arm at where she thinks "Tor" is, but the only thing there is a blank bit of wall.

"Lily, Tor is over here. Heya Gremalphin, s'bathtime cause we have three new people. Elder Moss said he's cooking something for supper too."

Speaking of Moss, his voice echos out from the kitchen, "I don't hear anyone bathing. If you all aren't done by dinnertime you all have to wait to eat until the last of you is finished."
    Westside Children's Home
    Elder Johnny Johanes, who has been checking in on all the children, hobbled in due to his prosthetic leg that he had due to his parents chopping it off when he was 6 and eating it!
    "You heard Elder Moss, go take your baths, young ones."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Orc in the Playground

"An 'accident'. Right."

Tor doesn't believe Riley! He's hung around way too many bad people to trust anyone. The child waves vaguely in Gremalphin's direction before making his way into the bathroom. Where he'll have a bath!

The ten year old will come out squeaky clean and with less tattered clothes, unless there aren't "new" clothes available in which case he'll put on his old ones again. Tor's hair is neatly combed, and he looks very happy about something.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-11-29 at 08:12 PM.

Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1080

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Magtok will in fact not be attacked as he's busy talking with Samona, that's not saying he isn't being watched however.

Yes! By random guy down the streets!

Or maybe that's a woman? It's really hard to tell this far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Samona chuckles. "Fair enough. How about one that has an interest in transporting goods into Inside? Fredrick Ward, goes by Old Freddie. He's a rather influential merchant." No doubt Maggy's heard of him, despite appearing on screen only once back during that blockade. "He expressed an interest in our little operation."

"He's vaguely familiar, I guess."

Magtok pauses for a moment, digging through his mental records, completely oblivious to the individual who might or might now be following him right now.

"Oh! Right, Fredrick Ward! That guy! Yeah, I suppose he seems legitimate enough. What's he got for us?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson