New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Westside Streets, Just Outside Club Pulse]

"He didn't go into any great detail. He wants to meet us and work out the details. Ever heard of The Delictable Dancing Dragon here in the city? It's a rather nice place, surprising for this city. Just pick me up at Exbourne around [insert time when her player gets around to the scene]. And wear something nice." She smiles amusedly, waiting for a reaction expectantly. Did Samona just arrange a date? Well, just a business date, so that's okay... right?

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

Westside Streets, Just Outside Club Pulse

Magtok lowers his phone, moving it away from his head just far enough to give it a confused frown. Did that vampire lady really just...? I mean sure, it's a business thing, but why can't she pick herself up? What exactly is Samona trying to pull, anyway?

"Sure, I think I've got a clean suit lying around somewhere. Will Mr. Ward be finding his way to the Dragon on his own?"

She never actually said that Old Freddie would be there, and Magtok is just paranoid enough to suspect she might just be lying by omission to get the two of them alone for an evening. Of course, he'd never actually voice such suspicions, so instead he asks that dumb question about how the trader will get there instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

"Who said he was coming?" No, Samona doesn't say that. Stop being silly, Maggy. Not every woman's sole purpose in life is pursuing your affections... despite evidence to the contrary.

"He asked us to meet him there, so I'd expect so. Hm, I think that's everything. I look forward to it, Maggy." Samona says.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-30 at 02:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    [Eastside Backstreet]

Shin nods as the civilians give him the details and is about to do something when a cop exits his car with a tazer and advances into the mist. Shin then runs in after him saying, "Hey wait! I'm the hero here, you could get hurt." As he runs in he sets his materialized scanner over his left eye to scan for any signs of lifeforms.
    Murdock turns, giving Shin an irrate look bordering on a glare. He didn't sign up for the police just to be told to sit back and watch while a bunch of "heroes" do all the work. "Actually, sir, I believe that this badge quite clearly states that it is my job to investigate this phenomenon, while you, lacking a badge, are a civilian." He says, trying to keep his tone of voice calm as he whips out his badge and displays it to Shin. "Now, I won't stop you from trying to help, vigilantes are fully encouraged as long as they follow the spirit of the law, but I would appreciate it if you didn't try to tell me how to do my job." It's worth noting that while he's berating the would-be hero, Murdock is right at the edge of the mist with his back facing towards it, making him a prime target.

The poor sap has only has three days till retirement.

Eastside- Wrecked Ship

"Re♠lly? W♠y I'm rememberin stuffs, y♦u were ♠lw♠ys pretty much gr♠vity's m♠in h♠te-squeeze. ♦r were y♦u me♠ning f♦r ♠ll th♦se ships t♦ f♠ll outt♠ the sky like a bunch♠ r♦cks?" Reynar says, leaning forward till he's right in Sei's face and smirking. "Tell y♠ wh♠t m♠n, I'll help y♦u find yer lusi, if y♦u'll help me bre♠k into the we♠pons r♦♦m. Ceph♠r w♦uldn't give me the key, s♦methin b♦ut me bein "irresp♦nsible" ♦r s♦me ****." Of course, what Reynar leaves out is his real reason for wanting to break into the hunting locker. His mirror. That gog-darned frickin mirror. He continually denies it's anything but an old piece of junk he hangs onto for sentimental reasons, but ever since Reynar found it, he's somehow knew things he has no way of knowing. Needless to say, Cephar lept at the opportunity to lock the darn thing up.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-11-30 at 02:00 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The photos appear to be quite new, they were taken yesterday in fact and the camera is of an new model.
    [Eastside - Hospital Site]

Let's get this plot back on track. So, going down the elevator, looking at the camera. Missing one investigator do to mysterious and unforeseen circumstances.

"Let's worry about this place first then, and get to the pictures and the owner of the camera later." Estella suggests. Clearly the elevator will be arriving any moment.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Exbourne Manor

I know some English stately homes have been redesigned over their lifetimes, with internal walls moving around. This occasionally results in 'dead space', a hollow which once was part of a room but isn't any more. The bodies maintaining stately homes try to access those areas wherever possible, because if a fire starts in one it could spread throughout the building before it becomes visible.

Alternately, in a boiler room, there might be access to examine pipes or something.
    Is there a possibility of this? Also, I think Ramiro's pheletone is ringing.

Club Pulse- Inside

The monkey is indeed looking for a way up, and notes the elevator. Well, the lock's annoying. The monkey attempts to sneak its way over to the bar without being noticed by the janitor. It's more likely that something to be hidden, like a hatch to the cellar, is hidden behind the bar. Plus, there's lots of places to hide there, unlike on the dancing floor. The monkey also examines the ceiling; not just for hatches, but also to see if it has those large square tiles, because they're often loose and provide a crawl space- if you're light enough, which this small skeleton certainly is.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Murdock turns, giving Shin an irrate look bordering on a glare. He didn't sign up for the police just to be told to sit back and watch while a bunch of "heroes" do all the work. "Actually, sir, I believe that this badge quite clearly states that it is my job to investigate this phenomenon, while you, lacking a badge, are a civilian." He says, trying to keep his tone of voice calm as he whips out his badge and displays it to Shin. "Now, I won't stop you from trying to help, vigilantes are fully encouraged as long as they follow the spirit of the law, but I would appreciate it if you didn't try to tell me how to do my job." It's worth noting that while he's berating the would-be hero, Murdock is right at the edge of the mist with his back facing towards it, making him a prime target.

The poor sap has only has three days till retirement.

Eastside- Wrecked Ship

"Re♠lly? W♠y I'm rememberin stuffs, y♦u were ♠lw♠ys pretty much gr♠vity's m♠in h♠te-squeeze. ♦r were y♦u me♠ning f♦r ♠ll th♦se ships t♦ f♠ll outt♠ the sky like a bunch♠ r♦cks?" Reynar says, leaning forward till he's right in Sei's face and smirking. "Tell y♠ wh♠t m♠n, I'll help y♦u find yer lusi, if y♦u'll help me bre♠k into the we♠pons r♦♦m. Ceph♠r w♦uldn't give me the key, s♦methin b♦ut me bein "irresp♦nsible" ♦r s♦me ****." Of course, what Reynar leaves out is his real reason for wanting to break into the hunting locker. His mirror. That gog-darned frickin mirror. He continually denies it's anything but an old piece of junk he hangs onto for sentimental reasons, but ever since Reynar found it, he's somehow knew things he has no way of knowing. Needless to say, Cephar lept at the opportunity to lock the darn thing up.
    Seiphidis grabs at Reynar, aiming to shove him roughly against the nearest wall and pin him there, laser ring hand shaped like a gun and pointed at his throat.
    "WhΣrΣ thΣ **** is my lusus? I swΣar to gog, if you did ANYTHING to hΣr, you WILL diΣ!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Ah, sorry I missed that, Earl. It looks like the monkey will indeed find a way into the walls. Whether it was spotted by the camera remains to be seen.

As for the phone ringing, I don't see that post. Unless you mean it's ringing just now. In that case, Ramiro answers.

9. - Top - End - #1089

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"Who said he was coming?" No, Samona doesn't say that. Stop being silly, Maggy. Not every woman's sole purpose in life is pursuing your affections... despite evidence to the contrary.

"He asked us to meet him there, so I'd expect so. Hm, I think that's everything. I look forward to it, Maggy." Samona says.
    Westside Streets, Just Outside Club Pulse

"Right. I'll try to have the MagLimo ready in time, but no promises. See you then, Samona. "

Maggy doesn't bother giving the vampire lady a chance to draw out goodbyes, hanging up right then and there. If that sneaky stalker intends to go after him, now would probably be the time to do so.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #1090

As they are going down elevator music suddenly starts to play.

All of Estella's tattoos start to glow as the two will feel an powerful urge to fall asleep while the elevator slowly makes it descend, just shaking slightly as older elevators tend to do.

Club Pulse- Inside

The monkey might notice there is a fairly obvious door behind the bar which is clearly marked 'cellar'.

There is actually a vent system behind the bar as well if the monkey is interested.

[Facility]

As Cutter is making his way towards the room Robin is in, he will be able to hear a sloshing sound just around the corner of a corridor...

[Outside Club Pulse]

The random person discreetly attempts to follow Magtok!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-30 at 08:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Inside the Wrecked Ship

Reynar doesn't put up much of a struggle as he's shoved into the wall, not even the laser ring pressed against his neck managing to wipe the ****-eating grin off his face. "Heey, d♦n't be like th♠t. I... I didn't d♦ n-nuthin to y♦ur lusi, just, just ♦fferin t-t♦ help y♠ find the dumb lug. I me♠n, erk, w-wh♠t, wh♠t w♦uld I d♦ ♠nyw♠y?" He spits out, stuttering and spluttering as he begins to run out of air. "I-it's ♠ gi♠nt sn♠ke fff♦r cryin ♦ut l♦ud!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Halfling in the Playground

Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq jumps a little when the music starts. As the droning, horrible melody goes on, Teq begins to look a bit sleepy. It gets bad enough that he's forced to prop himself up on one side of the elevator.

He's nearly overcome by fatigue, but the soldier pulls through. Back when he was still a grunt, Teq would stay awake for days. Every time his eyelids threatened to droop, Teq forced them open. Thousands of times. It got to the point where that's all he thought about, snapping his eyes open every few seconds. At least till next watch came round.

It is not a fond memory. But it's what keeps him from drifting off, thank the Gods.

"Rrrrrgh!" He growls madly, drawing his pistol with a practiced motion. Teq looks for the source of the music, eyes suddenly wide. Provided it's a speaker, he may just put a couple bullets in it. Silent ones.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella looks rather perturbed by the music, if not too worried. Though she should be as she has no resistance to the compulsion to sleep like Teq. She'll slump against the wall and be out soon enough.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside-Wrecked ship

"ApologiΣs," Sei lets go of Reynar.
    "Bring mΣ to my lusi and I will shoot thΣ lock off for you."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #1095

Exbourne Manor

A rather vague looking man in a grey, washed out suit approaches the door and knocks thrice. He holds a suitcase in one hand and appears to be content with waiting outside the door until either someone answers or the heat death of the universe begins.

His face is blank, a literal white slate without any discernable features sitting atop a perfectly normal looking neck.

Has the Terrible Trivium been sent to harrass the Manor's inhabitants? Only time will tell.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

The door is answered almost immediately. "Hello there, you caught me on my way out. How can I help you?" Samona just happens to be the person on the other side. SHe smiles pleasantly at the man, not particularly put off by his appearance.

Description in spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [MagMart]

A woman arrives at the store. She's somewhat tall for a woman. Her dark hair is cut in a short bob and her eyes are a very dark red. Her skin is pale, though lightly flushed. She wears a black pinstripe suit, cut perfectly to hug her generous curves in all the right places. She lacks a tie, and the top button of her shirt is notably undone. She has a trilby to match her suit atop her head.
    With the notable exception that her skin is much more pale right now.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-01 at 02:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Exbourne Manor

The man bows to Samona formally, holding out a hand to her with a pair of tweezers.

"Good evening madame, for if it is always evening then it stands to reason it must also be always good. The way you can help me is quite simple. You see I have a rather easy task, but no one to aid me in the doing. So if you could be so obliged." Straightening, the blank-faced man unbuckles his briefcase, the top bursting open to let loose a massive pile of sand.

When it's done pouring out, the sandhill is taller than the stranger by at least a foot, and he is very tall indeed.

He proffers the tweezers to his host negligently, "All I need you to do is move this pile of sand from here," he gestures to the sand with his now open case, "to there, using this impliment." he nods his head in the direction of a spot a few feet away.

His voice has a rather alluring quality to it. One might be inclined to agree with him that the completion of such a task would require very little effort indeed.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-01 at 03:02 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Samona raises and eyebrow at the man and the pile of sand. "As much as I'd love to help you," Samona begins, no sign of any annoyance on her face. "I'm running late for a very important meeting. I'm sure you'll manage on your own. Maybe after you're done you can even put it back in your suitcase too."

19. - Top - End - #1099

Exbourne Manor

"Important you say? Why do the important and difficult tasks when you can do something easy and tedious here? Why there is enough to get done without accomplishing anything that you need never leave."

He's droning on and on, the patch of white where his mouth should be quivering in time with his words. If she is not careful Samona could find herself drawn in by the hypnotic quality of his voice, compelled to stay and help him.

Forever.

"There are holes to dig and rocks to bury. Pencils to sharpen and lines to write. Things to pick up and things to put down. Songs to memorize and duty to forget. Why, if you don't start soon you may never finish all of these wonderous tasks."

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Samona happens to be fairly resistant to these sorts of things. Might come with being a vampire, maybe just being alive for as long as she has, or perhaps some other manner of resistance.

"I'm sorry, but I'm meant for bigger things. I'm afraid you;ll just have to take care of all these boring little jobs by yourself."

21. - Top - End - #1101

Exbourne Manor

The man's brow wrinkles, but he reaches into the lining of his open case to grab something and withdrawing it with a closed hand.

"Should you ever change your mind I'll know where to find you. For now though, a token of my esteem as you move onto bigger, better, more difficult things." He'll attempt to grasp her hand and place the tiny object in her palm. If she doesn't accept it from his hand he'll merely place it on the ground instead.

After all, the best salesman needs only one sample to get his clients buying the whole set. the man thinks to himself. Then in a whorl of sand he attempts to teleport away, leaving no trace of his presence but a small hundred sided die.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Samona does indeed receive the die. She looks down at it curiously. "Well thank you." By the time she looks up, the salesman is already gone. The vampire pockts the die and heads off to wherever she was going.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Orc in the Playground

Exbourne Manor- Within The Walls!

The monkey will try and find its way towards Ramiro's office. It probably scrapes and squeaks a bit as it squeezes through the architecture, which may lead somebody to suspect an infestation of rats, mice, or other rodents.

Exbourne Manor- Telephone

The other end is Mortius. "Valente and his companion are in AMEN. I have an agent there; do you wish for me to order them to attack, or shall I monitor them more closely?"

Club Pulse- Behind The Bar

Vents are useful, but bone makes a lot of noise against the inside of metal ventilation shafts unless there's padding, and this monkey lacks the padding. So it will try and open the door marked 'cellar' slightly, just enough for it to squeeze through the gap, before pulling the door to. Hopefully it's not locked.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor - Within The Walls!]

It'll probably find it's way to being near Ramiro's office. It'll hear him talking to Mortius! How useful.

[Exbourne Manor - Telephone]

Ramiro frowns, though their destination wasn't wholly unexpected. "No, just keep an eye on them. Tell me if Valente leaves at any point."

25. - Top - End - #1105

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Outside Club Pulse]

The random person discreetly attempts to follow Magtok!
    Maggy walks on over towards the Riverside branch of MagMart. I've no idea why he doesn't just telewarp there, but I'm sure he has a reason, if anyone were to ask him about it. If the random person plans on doing anything more than watching, this would be the time to do so.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #1106

Eastside - Hospital Site

The speaker is shoot but it continues singing a horrible broken version of the lullaby.

Hush, little... *croak* baby, don't say a word,
    Ma-ma's going to buy you a *Kssh*

If that diamond ring turns *Krsh* ash
    Mama's going to buy you a looking Glaaaa *crack*

And with awful crack the music goes silent.

[Estella's Mindscape]

Something attempts to enter the sleeping necromancers mind, trying to become a part of her. If it succeeds she likely won't even notice it as it will become like a second her. Just a whisper in the back of her head.

The entity is demonic in nature but I guess spirit wards might work against it anyway.

Club Pulse- Behind The Bar

The door appears to be locked right now but it looks like the cleaner is coming this way...

[Outside Club Pulse]

While random person is satisfied by boringly watch Maggy, there is another being unrelated to random persons which sneaks up towards Magmart as the cyborg enters.
    Said being is perfectly invisible and will use the fact that the sliding doors open themselves for Maggy to get inside the store.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Outside Club Pulse ==> MagMart

If the cyborg notices the invisible person creeping about his store, he doesn't let on. Whether he does notice or not, however, depends on how far this invisibility goes. Does it just cover the visible spectrum, or is it possible that Maggy's left eye might notice a thing or two meandering about his store, trying to skulk about unnoticed?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #1108

Outside Club Pulse ==> MagMart

It's the kind of invisibility which blocks all sight, you could compare it to an mobile invisibly field around the person in question. Any object that's fully within the field and in physical contact with the person is invisible.

There are no eyes wandering around but there is a smell however included with the sound of bare feet walking into the mart.

Whoever it is seems to ignore Maggy completely though and will attempt to locate any pastry or other kind of sweets within the mart.

[Wellspring Tower - Nadia's Cellphone]

Nadia's cellphone is suddenly ringing! It seems to be Irena calling.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey Irena. How's it going?" Nadia answers warmly.

30. - Top - End - #1110

"Hey Nadia ... you know it was some time since we saw each other and I wanted to talk with you. That okay?" She asks carefully, her tone a lot gentler then her usual voice when she speaks to the vampire.