New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Friendship Through Superior Firepower! Magical Girl Base Class, Set Up! [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I don't think you can deal nonlethal force damage. Think it's one or the other.
    Are you sure? There seems to be nothing that precludes nothlethal damage from being typed damage, at least in Pathfinder.

The main intent is to have an effect on incorporeal creatures, bypass resistances etc. Just plain giving out Force damage on all attacks seems a bit too much, so i forced nonlethal damage on it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Friendship Through Superior Firepower! Magical Girl Base Class, Set Up! [3.5]

...well, I may be wrong, especially in pathfinder. I just thought nonlethal WAS a type of damage.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #273

Well, brown mold does nonlethal cold damage, so there is a precedent.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Rules compendium lists some of the types of damage that exist in a specific entry and in a completely separate entry lists damage as being lethal or nonlethal. So yes, nonlethal force damage can exist in 3.5. This can happen because technically these two factors are relevant in separate parts of the damaging process.

For instance, if a Half-Fire Dragon Troll gets shot with a polar ray, it will take 50% more damage, and then all that damage will become non-lethal. The cold aspect is relevant due to the weakness, and then it is applied to the non-lethal damage track due to the troll's regeneration ability, otherwise it would go into the lethal damage track.*

*Let's not forget, non-lethal and lethal damage are tracked separately.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-07-21 at 03:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #275

Thanks for that.
    I was certain it was possible in Pathfinder, and had a gut feeling that it was in 3.5 as well - since there's really nothing that leads to contradictions if you mix nonlethal or elemental damage.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh. My mistake!
    This is useful!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a question, real quick. The Enhanced Costume quality says it applies to both armour and device simultaneously. Does that mean you have to take it once each for Device and Costume or does a single buying of the quality automatically apply to both?

8. - Top - End - #278

Unlike other effects, points allocated in Enhanced give their benefits to both costume and device simultaneously.
    So yeah, it applies to both. Otherwise it'd be even worse than it is currently - IMO costume points are far to valuable to spend them on something you can replicate easily with WBL.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

I may have made some feats... the first one is basically a Quicken for Illuminations, but the last three are for a specific NPC character who is a Dark Magical Girl//Sempai.

Lightning Flashes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: Ability to use at least one blast illumination
    Benefits: Once a round, you may use a blast illumination that normally requires a standard action to use as a swift action. Doing so increases its mote cost by half its standard cost.
    Normal: You can't make a blast after a full attack.

I Remember the Words
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: Trainees class feature, at least one of which is a Magical Girl who has not lost her innocence, Rage of Tears class feature
    Benefits: Your student helps you remember what the world used to be like, and you can't bear to explain it to her.
    Select one type of Illumination (Blast, Strike, Aura, Burst, Barrier). You can use this kind of Illumination whenever at least one of your trainees with the Illumiantion class feature is present.
    You have a Mote pool while outside of your Rage of Tears, but can only use Illuminations granted by this feat unless you are raging. When you are raging, you can only use Blast or Strike Illuminations, regardless of source.
    You can select this feat multiple times, each time you can select a new type of Illumination.
    Special: Your starting mote pool and mote regen rates are equal to a magical girl of half your (Magical Girl+Dark Magical Girl) level, while your maximum pool is your full (Magical Girl+Dark Magical Girl+Sempai) level. Your mote regen is increased by Rage of Tears as normal.
    Normal: You forgot how to throw light when he died in front of you.

You Remind Me Of Me
    Prerequisites: I Remember the Words
    Benefits: In the presence of your Trainees, the world seems just a little brighter-and that much darker when things go wrong. The broken state caused by the end of a Rage of Tears is halved to a -1 penalty, and the benefits of a Rage are increased by two, to +6 Cha, +4 Str, +4 Dex
    Special: Your Bleak Revelations aren't also boosted. Sorry.
    Normal: You don't like to think about the days when you had hope.

I Remember How It Feels
    Prerequisites: You Remind Me Of Me, Follow My Lead a Trainee who has stood up to a situation similar to that which broke your innocence, and moved past it OR subject to 'Come Back!' as used by one of your Trainees.
    Benefits: Your Trainee can take what you couldn't, and while they may not need you anymore, you feel you can learn something from them.
    While you lose your Sad Eyes class ability, and halve your bonus mote gain while suppressing emotions, you regain some of your Magical Girl abilities. You regain the ability to use Illuminations, and your Dark Magical Girl levels stack with your Magical Girl levels to determine the level of Illuminations you can use, your evoker level, and your mote regen. She regains her Power of Friendship and her Voice of Light, having seen first hand that hope and friendship can redeem the lost. She may even use Come Back! if she has it, but only to target her Trainees. She will not lose her second chance.

As a final benefit, she gains a new Revelation for use with her Rage of Tears-the Revelation of Hope. Her Revelations are also changed; to get the benefits of additional motes when ending her rage, she must spend the additional motes. (This is because she can now use motes when not in her rage.)

Hope

With this feat, the magical girl realises that the darkness of the world is no reason to stop shining her light. When channeling the revelation of hope, any enemy that damages the magical girl in melee causes a healing effect-one ally within 30ft, who must be a Trainee if there is a wounded one, regains hitpoints equal to the magical girl's charisma modifier. Ending her rage of tears while channeling the revelation of hope allows a magical girl to radiate her joyous redemption to those around her-all allies within 30ft are healed by 10 points per point of charisma modifier, +10 for each three motes the magical girl chooses to spend when she ends her rage.
    Special: Yes, that's a roleplay requirement for a feat. Deal with it.
    Normal: There's no coming back from that spiral.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-07-23 at 01:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

The numerical benefit of You Remember Me of Me is... Well, factually non-existant. Sometimes it can happen, often it won't. This is the same reason races don't have odd number modifiers.

I think taking the feat requires jumping through enough hoops (two kinda unrelated prestige classes and some rp requirements) that the feat earned the right to be... Better. Make it give a full +2 to all the stats.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #281

Some nice ideas, and the Sempai can really use a boost, but for that very reason the feats need a boost as well.

I altered Shield of Light so that it can now be taken by any Magical Girl. However, you only get a shield when you actually use a one-handed device.
    And when you do, the feat is substantially better - it is free to use instead of costing a mote every time, it covers a wider area and you can grant people some damage reduction. And the shield profits from oversized, so shield-bashing is more attractive.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The numerical benefit of You Remember Me of Me is... Well, factually non-existant. Sometimes it can happen, often it won't. This is the same reason races don't have odd number modifiers.

I think taking the feat requires jumping through enough hoops (two kinda unrelated prestige classes and some rp requirements) that the feat earned the right to be... Better. Make it give a full +2 to all the stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serafina View Post
    Some nice ideas, and the Sempai can really use a boost, but for that very reason the feats need a boost as well.
    Oh wow, I was worried I was making them too big of an advantage. It's hard to balance around rp requirements. I also meant to put a note saying 'Watch this in gestalt'...

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Oh wow, I was worried I was making them too big of an advantage. It's hard to balance around rp requirements. I also meant to put a note saying 'Watch this in gestalt'...
    Irrelevant barring houserules, since by all means the two PrCs will be taken alternatively, never jointly. And only after the required levels of Magical Girl to boot.

If the PrC limit is houseruled away. Well, that is a whole can of purple worms the DM opened.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #284

"Is this too strong in a Polystalt-game" shouldn't really be your first design priority.

Now, my takes on the feats:

I remember the Words: To achieve your design purpose, i would just go with
    Select one type of Illumination (Blast, Strike, Aura, Burst, Barrier). You can use this kind of Illumination whenever at least one of your trainees with the Illumiantion class feature is present.
    You have a Mote pool while outside of your Rage of Tears, but can only use Illuminations granted by this feat unless you are raging. When you are raging, you can only use Illuminations granted by your Rage of Tears, not those granted by this feat.
    You can select this feat multiple times, each time you can select a new type of Illumination.

That way you don't have to keep track of two separate mote pools.

You remind me of me: Now that the feat gives a +2 to three stats, as well as reduced rage-ending penalties, i'd say that it is pretty solid.

I Remember How It Feels I would honestly boost the Sempai-level requirement a bit here. As it is you only need a single level of Sempai to regain your Magical Girl class features. I'm fine with the roleplaying-requirement, especially since the Dark Magical Girl is already build around one anyway.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Irrelevant barring houserules, since by all means the two PrCs will be taken alternatively, never jointly. And only after the required levels of Magical Girl to boot.

If the PrC limit is houseruled away. Well, that is a whole can of purple worms the DM opened.
    I forgot that that was a houserule. O_o It only seems problematic if they let you use two PrCs to progress the same features, and then don't cap them at CL... which is kinda dumb if they do.
    (Theurge classes also get ridiculous, but that's not a bug, it's a feature!)

"Is this too strong in a Polystalt-game" shouldn't really be your first design priority.

Now, my takes on the feats:

I remember the Words: To achieve your design purpose, i would just go with
    You have a Mote pool while outside of your Rage of Tears, but can only use Illuminations granted by this feat unless you are raging. When you are raging, you can only use Illuminations granted by your Rage of Tears, not those granted by this feat.

That way you don't have to keep track of two separate mote pools.
    Hmm. Not that fond of only having one type, but you're probably right in suggesting it. They were only intended to have one mote pool, I should have said that.

You remind me of me: Now that the feat gives a +2 to three stats, as well as reduced rage-ending penalties, i'd say that it is pretty solid.

I Remember How It Feels I would honestly boost the Sempai-level requirement a bit here. As it is you only need a single level of Sempai to regain your Magical Girl class features. I'm fine with the roleplaying-requirement, especially since the Dark Magical Girl is already build around one anyway.
    Cool and good idea.

Sempai has a class ability in the table called Trounce Them Together, which is presumably Fight as a Team?
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-07-23 at 01:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

And yet another feat. It's mostly inspired by Reinforce II and Agito from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, but it fits some other shows as well.

Unison Bound
    You have formed a symbiotic relationship with a Unison-creature
    Prerequisites: Evoker Level 10, Radiant Soul
    Benefits: You gain a Unison-creature, which can look any way you want - from a small kitten to a tiny humanoid. It is a Tiny Fey with Hitdice equal to your own, but only gains 2 skill points per HD and no feats. It has a Strength of 6, a Dexterity of 16 and a Constitution of 10. It's Intelligence is equal to your own, its Wisdom equal to your Charisma and its Charisma equal to your Wisdom. It has a speed of 30 feet and a fly speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability.
    It can act completely independent of you, but always obeys your commands and acts in your best interest.
    A Unison-Creature gains abilities and spells (drawn from the Cleric spell list and using Wisdom) per day according to the following table
    {table=head] Character Level | Abilities | 0th | 1st | 2nd | 3rd
    10th | Unison, Evasion | 3 | 2 | 1
    11th | Metamagic 1/day | 3 | 2 | 1
    12th | Empower 1/day | 3 | 3 | 2
    13th | Metamagic 2/day | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1
    14th | Humanoid Form | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1
    15th | Metamagic 3/day | 3 | 3 | 2 | 2
    16th | Empower 2/day | 3 | 3 | 3 | 2
    17th | Metamagic 4/day | 3 | 4 | 3 | 2
    18th | | 3 | 4 | 3 | 2
    19th | Empower 3/day | 3 | 4 | 3 | 3
    20th | Metamagic 5/day | 3 | 4 | 3 | 3 [/table]
    Unison: By both yourself and your Unison creature taking a move action, you can merge into a single entity. This typically alters your appearance into a mixture of both of your features. Your Unison-creature always occupies the same space and acts at the same Initiative as you while in Unison and can not be targeted by any spells or attacks. However, it also takes half the damage you do. It can still take separate actions from you, but can only perceive the world with your senses. Spells cast by your Unison-creature affect you, and you can choose to let spells that affect you affect your Unison-creature as well.
    Evasion: Your Unison-creature gains Evasion.
    Empower Illumination: While in Unison, your Unison-creature can spend a full-round action to increase all damage of your next Illumination by 50%. It must sacrifice a spell of equal level as the Illumination affected.
    Metamagic Illumination: While in Unison, your Unison-creature can spend a full-round action to apply the effects of any metamagic feat you have taken to your next Illumination. The Illumination is affected as if it were a spell, but can not have its duration increased. Your Unison-creature must sacrifice a spell equal to the modifier of the applied Metamagic, and can only do so a number of times per day indicated on the table.
    Humanoid Form: At 14th-level, your Unison-creature can take the form of a Medium- or small-sized humanoid as a full-round action. This increases its strength to 10.
    Special: You do not need to fulfill any casting- or caster-level requirements to take any Metamagic feats if you take this feat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, this is a seriously beefed-up version of the Magical Mentor feat. The spell-casting is about the same, except that i based it off the Paladin spell progression with the 4th-level spells cut out. It also doesn't require the mentor-animal archetype.
    The two advantages are that you can Empower your Illuminations this way, apply other Metamagic if you spend extra feats and you can have spells with a range of personal affect you. The Empowering may be a bit too strong though, i may cut down the usage per day.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-24 at 04:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

I am currently contemplating a way to Augment Illumintions by spending extra motes, similar to Psionic Augmentation.
    It's not intended to be used by every Illumination, but rather by a select few that currently scale very badly and are supposed to be simple, basic ones.

The premier example is Divine Buster, which i intend to deliver more damage at a similar cost than the other Illuminations if it gets augmented. It will still lack their special features, so they'll hardly be worthless though.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

I am currently contemplating a way to Augment Illumintions by spending extra motes, similar to Psionic Augmentation.
    It's not intended to be used by every Illumination, but rather by a select few that currently scale very badly and are supposed to be simple, basic ones.

The premier example is Divine Buster, which i intend to deliver more damage at a similar cost than the other Illuminations if it gets augmented. It will still lack their special features, so they'll hardly be worthless though.
    I did find it kind of strange that Divine Buster didn't scale at all given that (at least fluff wise) its suppose to be the mainstay of magical girls. Maybe allow iterative attacks with it? Or maybe add a small scaling effect so damage wise it won't eclipse later blasts but will still be a worthwhile blast to take at later levels and fire off for its mote cost? I mean seriously, at high levels Homing Shot is much better than Divine Buster.

19. - Top - End - #289

Illumination Augmentation
    Suggested Content, not yet supposed to be implemented!

Right now there is no way of boosting low-level Illuminations by spending more motes on them. For Strikes that is not a huge issue, since they scale with your melee attack and offer a variety of effects, as do Auras. However, Blasts in particular and some Bursts do scale very badly while offering unique effects.
    The best solution to that problem is to allow these Illuminations to become stronger by spending more motes on them, similar to how you can augment psionic powers.

Illuminations......
    Some Illuminations can be augmented by spending additional Motes during their activation. You only augment Illuminations by a number of motes equal to your mote regeneration per round.

Divine Buster: ....
    Augment: You can augment this Illumination if your Evoker level is 6 or higher. By spending one Mote you increase the damage to 3D6. For each additional Mote spent you increase the damage by 4D6.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Divine Buster is supposed to be a simple, pure-damage illumination. Right now it gets outclassed by every other Blast-Illumination, so it really needs a buff.
    With this you deal pretty much the same damage as your highest-level Blast, but at a slightly lower cost. At 20th level this is actually your most damaging Blast.

Blinding Buster ...
    Augment: If your Evoker-level is 11 or higher you can increase the damage by 3D6 and the Save-DC by one for one mote, if it is 16 or higher you can increase it by 6D6 and the Save-DC by two for two motes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Far less efficient than Divine Buster, but you gain blinding in addition

Angel Buster...
    Augment: If your Evoker-level is 11 or higher you can increase the damage by 3D6 and change all maximized damage die to D8, if it is 16 or higher you can increase it by 6D6 and change all maximized damage die to D10.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same damage as Blinding Buster if you augment it, but now even better against certain foes.

Fountain&Swallow Buster
    Augment: If your Evoker Level is 16 or higher, you can augment this Illumination. If you spend one mote, you gain 3D6 extra damage. If you spend two motes, the Save-DC increases by 2. If your Evoker level is 20, you can spend three motes to gain the effects above, another 3D6 damage and increase the knockdown-area to 10 feet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same damage scaling, but cost-wise on par with Divine Buster. Obviously Swallow Buster only need the damage-part, i'm saving space here.

Bunker Buster ...
    Augment: For each mote you spend you can increase the Save-DC by 2 and the damage by 1D6.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very in-efficient damage-wise, but you can raise the DC a lot, if you have the motes to spare.

Homing Shot: ...
    Augment: If your Evoker Level is 6 or higher, you can spend two motes to use this as a swift action, but only produce half the shots. This does not increase the cost of holding the shots.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because hey why not? This already scales very well, but using it swiftly seems fitting.

Okay, that covers Blast Illuminations. The damage doesn't increase except for Divine Buster, but that's pure damage and does nothing else. But you can now use lower-level Illuminations to do respectable damage, especially Divine Buster.

On to Bursts. Here it's mostly the low-level Illuminations that need scaling with Charisma, that should be easy to fix!

Luminous Rain: ...
    Augment: You can spend 1 Mote to use your Charisma-modifier instead of +3 for the modifier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty straight-forward, and i think it should be balanced.

Vigil of Candles: ...
    Augment: If your Evoker-level is 6 or higher, you can increase the cost of this Aura (including its upkeep) by one to increase the modifier to -6. You can increase the cost by two to replace it with (2+your Charisma-modifer).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vigil of Stars, plus a median step.

Well there we go. Criticism is very welcome (and probably needed), given that this alters the way Illumination work quite a bit. Notably it really reduces the value of prepared-Illumination-slots, because you can now often do something equally effective with a lower-level one that you augment. Then again more options aren't really a bad thing, and the number of Illuminations is steadily growing. Still, maybe the number of prepared Illuminations has to be reduced if this is implemented, i am not certain.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-25 at 12:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

I am aiming to put all Blast-Illuminations on roughly equal footing in regards to their damage.
    So that, when you can typically select a 3rd-level Illumination (9D6 damage), you can boost a 2nd-level Illumination to do the same damage for the same basic cost.
    Higher-level Illuminations should then get better effects and maybe cost 1 or 2 motes more than their damage justifies, depending on how good the effect is.

That's essentially how Strikes work right now - the base damage for your Standard-action is always the same, while the effect for which you pay your motes becomes increasingly better.

If designed that way lower-level Blast-Illuminations stay useful at higher levels, which allows you more diversity in your applied effects.

The easiest way to do this would simply be to give Magical Girls a base damage for their blasts similar to Eldritch Blasts, and then maybe modify the damage die size depending on the specific Blast.
    However, if done as an Augmentation, you have more flexibility and can use lower-powered blasts in order to conserve Motes, which i think is the more interesting dynamic, so thats what i proposed.

21. - Top - End - #291

Well, time to commit another idea. A lot of inspiration was taken from the Aerial Ace Martial Discipline

The Aerial Mage

The wind is in the sky and the stars are in the heavens and a resolute heart beats within my chest!
    Nanoha Takamachi, Aerial Mage

Many Magical Girls represent freedom, and what could be more free than the skies?

The ability to fly is often the most cherished ability of Magical Girls that become Aerial Mages. They embrace it and train hard to move trough the air with utmost grace and speed.

Requirements:
    To become an Aerial Mage, you must meed the following requirements:
    Skills: 9 Ranks in Fly OR 12 ranks in Tumble
    Special: You must be able to invest at least three points into the Weightless Costume effect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're supposed to be a good flyer. Thus these prerequisites - note that Tumble is supposed to be used for 3.5 and Fly for Pathfinder.

Class Skill List (3.5): Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Jump (Str), Knowledge [Arcana] (Int), Knowledge [The Planes] (Int), Perform (Cha), Ride (Dex), Search (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis) Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha)
    Class Skill List (Pathfinder): Fly, Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like the Magical Girl, but with added Spot and Search because doing so from the air is beneficial, but hard.

Skill poins per level: 4

Aerial Mage
    Hit Dice: D8
    {table=head] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | Illumination
    1st | +0 | +0 | +1 | +1 | Themed Costume +1, Nimble Flyer | +1 Illumination
    2nd | +1 | +1 | +1 | +1 | Aerial Evasion, Aerial Maneuver (1) Winged Speed +10 |
    3rd | +2 | +1 | +2 | +2 | Aerial Maneuver (2), Supersonic Flight, Themed Costume +2 | +1 Illumination
    4th | +3 | +1 | +2 | +2 | Aerial Maneuver (3), Improved Aerial Evasion, Winged Speed +20 |
    5th | +3 | +2 | +3 | +3 | Aerial Maneuver (4), Freedom of the Skies, Themed Costume +3 | +1 Illumination[/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same Chassis as the Magical Girl, but using Pathfinder-prestige class progression (which mostly reduces the gap betwen good and bad saves.

Themed Costume: An Aerial Mage does not gain costume points or increase the investment limit for her costume effects. At 1st, 3rd and 5th level, she she permanently ingrains one point of the Weightless effect into her Costume. This does not consume costume points or count against the maximum number of costume.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 Costume points in 5 levels are a very good deal, but the rest of your costume will be weaker.

Illuminations: At 1st, 3rd and 5th level, the Aerial Mage increases all aspects of her Illumination class feature by one.

Nimble Flyer (Ex): You can use your Charisma-modifier instead of your Dexterity-modifier for Fly- or Tumble-skill checks. You can also use your Fly-skill to move trough threatened squares as with the Acrobatics-skill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Grace-part of an Aerial Mages flight. Worder that way to be compatible with both Pathfinder and 3.5

Aerial Evasion (Ex): You gain Evasion. If you already have Evasion it becomes Improved Evasion instead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because its much easier to dodge a fireball when you can fly.

Winged Speed (Su): At 2nd and again at 4th-level, your Fly speed increases by 10 feet. This is doubled if you have 6 points in the Weightless costume effect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The speed-part of an Aerial Mages flight.

Aerial Maneuver (Su): At every level beyond 1st, you learn one Aerial Maneuver from the following list. You can swap out these maneuvers whenever you select new Illuminations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Radiant Tornado: As a full-round action and by paying two additional motes, you can move your speed in a straight line. Each enemy that is within your reach of the squares you move trough is attacked by your Strike-Illumination. You must make Tumble- or Fly-checks as normal to avoid attacks of Opportunity or move trough enemy squares.
    Barrel Roll: Once per round as an immediate action, you can pay one mote to make a Fly- or Tumble-check. Treat the result as your new AC and Touch-AC against ranged attacks and ranged touch attacks (including those with spells and illuminations) until the beginning of your next round.
    Sonic Charge: When you make a Charge, you can pay a mote to move three times your speed (or twice your speed if the charge was made as a standard-action). Your immense speed produces a sonic boom - enemies within 15 feet of the squares you pass trough during your charge take 1D6 damage per point in the Weightless costume effect and must make a Fortitude-save (DC equal to your illuminations) or be deafened for 1 round per damage die.
    Rays from Above: When you use a Blast-illumination, you can pay one mote to increase its damage die by one size if you have a higher elevation that the target If you are directly above the target, the damage die increase by two sizes.
    Radiant Shockwave: Your movement produces a brilliant display of light, making it harder to target those near you. Whenever you move at least your fly speed, you can pay one mote to grant yourself and everyone within 15 feet 20% concealment. If you have moved more than your fly speed, this increases to 50%.
    Sonic Move: As a swift action, you can pay one mote to move your fly speed without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Spoiler
    Show
    The reason why you take this Prestige class. Something for everyone, and more may be added.

Supersonic Flight (Su): All Aerial Mages are renowned for their speed, but only the best manage to surpass the sound barrier.
    Over the course of five rounds (all spent moving forward in a straight line at your running speed) you can accelerate to supersonic speed. While at Supersonic Speed, your maneuverability drops to clumsy and you move two miles (about 15000 feet) in a straight line per round, and all attacks have a 50% miss chance against you. If you collide with any obstacle, you take 10D10 damage and are stunned for 1D6 rounds. You can drop out of supersonic speed at the beginning of your round, but you must spend the next three rounds moving forward in a straight lineat your running speed in order to slow down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A way to cross large distances quickly. Obviously not supposed to be used in combat, unless you have an enemy that is just as quick.

Improved Aerial Evasion (Ex): At 4th-level, you gain Improved Evasion.

Freedom of the Skies (Su): If any effect (such as an Antimagic Field) would disrupt your Weightless Costume effect or stop your from moving, you can make a Fly- or Tumble-check. If the result of your check is higher than the caster (or Initiatior, Evoker or similar) level of the disrupting effect, it does not stop you from flying (but affects you normally otherwise). This does not work against combat maneuvers only works if your limbs are free (though you can use it to prevent your limbs from becoming bound)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You love flying, and this class revolves around flying - so its hard to stop you from flying. Yes, you can fly in an Antimagic Field.

Adaption: Some Magical Girls move with equal speed and grace as Aerial Mages, but on the ground rather than in the air. Change all references to the Fly-skill to Acrobatics, all references to Weightless to Quick, all references to fly-speed to land-speed and replace Supersonic Flight with the following ability
    Magical Parkour (Su): By gathering speed for two rounds (running in a straight line at your run-speed) you can being a Magical Parkour run. During your Parcours, you can multiply all jump-distances by 10, and your jump-distances are limited by your run-speed instead of your normal land-speed. You do not take damage from falling during your Parkour, but you can not avoid attacks of opportunity. You can also run on any solid or liquid surface, including vertical ones, and are not hindered by difficult terrain. You must move at least double your speed during your Parkour, and can end it by spending a full-round action to land.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-28 at 01:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Aerial Mage looks quite interesting. I can't help but notice if it was just changed to tumble, had the flying aspects changed to land speed ones, and had weightless replaced with quick for costume elements, you'd have a decent speedster type magical girl PRC.

As a minor note though, it strikes me as odd that Radiant Cyclone consists of moving in a strait line. It also seems like it should state if you gain the benefits of the strike illumination against every enemy you attack on your path, or just one with the others being normal attacks.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

23. - Top - End - #293

Good point. Though of course flying is ever so much better for speedsters (no terrain in the way) or people who maneuver all over the battlefield. Still, if someone wants it, why the hell not?

Changed the name to Radiant Tornado and cleared up the wording - it only works with standard-action strike, but that strike affects everything within range along your line of movement.

Changed supersonic flight to include a miss chance, because you can't really relibably hit anything moving at those speeds anyway.

Aerial Evasion now works while on the ground, and you gain Improved Evasion when you already have it.

Freedom of the Skies does NOT work against combat maneuvers or just being bound with rope. Grappling already gets screwed over by Freedom of Movement as it is, no need to replicate that.

Added an Adaptation-section. Ortwho already laid out the changes needed, and i made up something real quick to replac supersonic flight - now you can leap from Scyscraper to Scyscraper. Not sure how good it is though.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-27 at 07:49 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Well tornado still tends to imply a circular movement, but does seem better. As for the running adaptation, Magical Parcours should grant the ability to run on any surface (vertical, upside down, or liquid), provided they don't stop on that surface (at which point they would fall as normal). While it may sound strong, given they could have just as easily gained the ability to fly it isn't much. It also allows them to get to the tops of those skyscrapers to start leaping from. Might also change the name to Magical Parkour given it is the modern term.

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

25. - Top - End - #295

Well if you can come up with a better name - something that symbolizes something from the air that leaves a trail of devastation - feel free to name it. I've got nothing right now.

Made the change to Magical Parkour, because its supposed to be a travel-ability anyway, so circumventing terrain is a good idea.

26. - Top - End - #296

Okay, how strong would the fact that sonic move allows easy multicharging (move away as a swift action after or before charging) be for a charger-build? I'm utterly unfamiliar with them, how stong is such an ability for them?

Given that Sonic Move also gives pseudopounce (move as swift, then full attack) i think i may need to tone it down or make it more expensive. Any opinions?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

First off, every charger is going to have Travel Devotion or Pounce anyway, often both.

Also, "multicharging" refers to multiple charges in a turn, AFAIK.

This is fine.

28. - Top - End - #298

Well, thats good to know - and melee can use nice things anyway.

Also, i used "multicharge" to refer to a setup where the character can easily charge every round, even against the same enemy.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-28 at 02:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, something I just noticed, but Reverbing Light (which I think is intended to be Reverberating Light), only works when using standard action strike illuminations. Any particular reason it couldn't be used when you make a full round action strike? Or for that matter when just making a normal attack or spirit shot? As it is a Spirit Shoot essentially can't use it without an ability to turn her device into a melee weapon, since you can't use strikes with ranged attack, while magical girls who like to make full attacks with illuminations similarly can't make use of it (for example using heartbreaker).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

30. - Top - End - #300

Well, the intent was to ensure that you only get the damage one time.
    Changed it so that it applies to every Illumination.
    It also applies to Homing Shot in the same way Prismatic Calling does.

I also made an addition to Swan Song in honor of Yukine Chris.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-29 at 11:00 AM.