New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Friendship Through Superior Firepower! Magical Girl Base Class, Set Up! [3.5]

You DO get Iterative Attacks.
    At level 12.
    But that only means that you can't make a second attack at level 8-11.

Also, Holy **** - Strikes as Touch Attacks? Ouch!
    Given how nasty some strikes are, that is a really really powerful ability.

Also, since Illuminations are supernatural abilities, you do not suffer from Arcane Spell Failure in the first place. Unless you want to imply that Magical Girls can use their Costume to not suffer from ASF with the spells of Arcane Classes, which i don't think you do.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Friendship Through Superior Firepower! Magical Girl Base Class, Set Up! [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Serafina View Post
    Also, since Illuminations are supernatural abilities, you do not suffer from Arcane Spell Failure in the first place. Unless you want to imply that Magical Girls can use their Costume to not suffer from ASF with the spells of Arcane Classes, which i don't think you do.
    As the entry says, normally magical girls don't suffer ASF on their illuminations, but Stargazers do.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Excuse me as I steal the wording for the Companion ability... It fits something that I've been meaning to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

At level 12.
    Ah, I'd overlooked that it specifically states you gain the ability to make full-attacks while the companion is manifested. In that case never mind that part.

Anyway, it might be worth having stargazers get Int to replace Cha for abilities of PRCs that advance evoker level? Otherwise the various PRCs all suffer from the stat change unless the stargazer makes sure to prioritize a high Charisma as well as a high Intelligence. That said, it would seem a bit odd for a DMG with her rage of tears making her smarter and suppressing her emotions making her less intelligent.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    That said, it would seem a bit odd for a DMG with her rage of tears making her smarter and suppressing her emotions making her less intelligent.

Owrtho
    Why? A Magical Girl's power is her emotions. If she suppresses them, she suppresses who and what she is. It's only logical that she is less while she does, no?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #216

By the way, how is Megaton Smackdown supposed to interact with Devicer?
    If you pick Cartridge Overclock, you don't get Limit Form. But Megaton Smackdown puts your Device into Limit Form...
    So
    - does your Device go into Limit Form when you use Megaton Smackdown, regardless of whether you have that ability?*
    - or does Megaton Smackdown just maximize your weapon damage rolls, which easily makes it the weakest of all True Illuminations?

Also, if you DO get Limit Form that way, then how would it interact with Assault Form? Could you make add a second Strike to a Full Attack or Charge via Assault Form while in Limit mode*, or would that be an either/or?

*That's how it would work by RAW right now

7. - Top - End - #217

Ah, I'd overlooked that it specifically states you gain the ability to make full-attacks while the companion is manifested. In that case never mind that part.

Anyway, it might be worth having stargazers get Int to replace Cha for abilities of PRCs that advance evoker level? Otherwise the various PRCs all suffer from the stat change unless the stargazer makes sure to prioritize a high Charisma as well as a high Intelligence. That said, it would seem a bit odd for a DMG with her rage of tears making her smarter and suppressing her emotions making her less intelligent.

Owrtho
    You really want to play Stargazer 20 right now, because your Companions damage only stacks with class level.
    The easiest solution would be changing that to Evoker level, in which case Multiclassing and all Prestige classes become useful again.

Another issue where Charisma is required would be the Nimble costume ability - you add Charisma to AC, and a Stargazer won't have much Charisma.

8. - Top - End - #218

Okay then - Intelligent Devices.
    The Trinkets and tools used by Magical Girls are often intelligent to some degree. Right now this can be represented in two ways:

Take the Mentor Animal Archetype, three mostly useless levels in Magus with the Black Blade Archetype and the Bosou Shojo feat.
    This gives your device an Intelligence equal to your Charisma, half your level in all Knowledge skills, the ability to cast Augury, a scaling Enhancement Bonus, a small boost to its damage and later the ability to grant you Spel Resistance and temporary Hitpoints for you when you kill someone.

This is quite clumsy - it requires Multiclassing and the Black Blade abilities don't really match well with the Magical Girl IMO.

Enchant your Device into an Intelligent Item. This eats up your WBL and the Item can oppose you (depending on the GM). In exchange for a lot of money it can cast some spells (up to 4th-level) and gain up to 10 ranks in a skill.

For example, an Intelligent Device created with the Intelligent Item rules that can speak, has baseline human Intelligence would cost 1000 gp in addition to the base cost.

Now, i think that the Intelligent Item rules actually work very well here. They are rarely used (in my experience anyway), much less custom-designable by players.

I think the following Paragraph would be a very nice addition:
    A Magical Girls Device can be enchanted normally. If it is made into an Intelligent Item, it will always obey the Magical Girl and change alignment if she does as long as its Ego is lower than her Charisma.

Alternatively or additionally, a feat (i think an entire archetype is too much) that grants an intelligent device would be rather nice. I'll try to come up with something.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-11 at 09:46 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

The Trinkets and tools used by Magical Girls are often intelligent to some degree. Right now this can be represented in two ways:

Take the Mentor Animal Archetype, three mostly useless levels in Magus with the Black Blade Archetype and the Bosou Shojo feat.
    This gives your device an Intelligence equal to your Charisma, half your level in all Knowledge skills, the ability to cast Augury, a scaling Enhancement Bonus, a small boost to its damage and later the ability to grant you Spel Resistance and temporary Hitpoints for you when you kill someone.

This is quite clumsy - it requires Multiclassing and the Black Blade abilities don't really match well with the Magical Girl IMO.

Enchant your Device into an Intelligent Item. This eats up your WBL and the Item can oppose you (depending on the GM). In exchange for a lot of money it can cast some spells (up to 4th-level) and gain up to 10 ranks in a skill.

For example, an Intelligent Device created with the Intelligent Item rules that can speak, has baseline human Intelligence would cost 1000 gp in addition to the base cost.

Now, i think that the Intelligent Item rules actually work very well here. They are rarely used (in my experience anyway), much less custom-designable by players.

A Magical Girls Device can be enchanted normally. If it is made into an Intelligent Item, it will always obey the Magical Girl and change alignment if she does as long as its Ego is lower than her Charisma.

Alternatively or additionally, a feat (i think an entire archetype is too much) that grants an intelligent device would be rather nice. I'll try to come up with something.
    Or you could simply take the Mentor Animal Archetype and combine it with an Intelligent Weapon enchantment on the device. Pay the baseline cost and class features and get a Intelligent Item/Mentor Animal fusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

10. - Top - End - #220

Mentor Animal does currently not allow you to designate your device as your mentor unless you do it via Magus-Multiclassing.

Featwise, i was actually thinking of something similar to Awaken Arcane Bond.
    It would have to be adjusted for the fact that the Magical Girl has no caster level and no way to instill spell effects into her Item (which makes Intelligent Items much weaker.

Craft Device
    You have learned how to improve the basic structure of your device.
    Prerequisite: Evoker Level 5, 5 ranks in appropriate Craft skill
    Benefit: You can improve your device as if you had the Craft Magical Weapons and Armor feat. Treat your Evoker level as your Caster Level for this purpose.

Intelligent Device
    You have forged a bond with your Device, awakening its Intelligence
    Prerequisite: Craft Device, Evoker Level 11
    Benefit: You can turn your Device into an Intelligent Item. You only pay 50% of the listed costs (in total only 25% due to crafting the Item yourself). The Ego of your Device may not be higher than your Evoker Level, but it never has any personality conflicts with you. You may imbue your Intelligent Device with Spelltrigger effects per the Intelligent Item rules even if you can not cast the necessary spells. Your Intelligent Device may not have a Special Purpose and can only use its abilities while within 30 ft. of you.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-11 at 12:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Mentor Animal does currently not allow you to designate your device as your mentor unless you do it via Magus-Multiclassing.

It would have to be adjusted for the fact that the Magical Girl has no caster level and no way to instill spell effects into her Item (which makes Intelligent Items much weaker.

Craft Device
    Benefit: You can improve your device as if you had the Craft Magical Weapons and Armor feat. Treat your Evoker level as your Caster Level for this purpose.

Intelligent Device
    You have forged a bon with your Device, awakening its Intelligence
    Benefit: You can turn your Device into an Intelligent Item. You only pay 50% of the listed costs (in total only 25% due to crafting the Item yourself). The Ego of your Device may not be higher than your Evoker Level, but it never has any personality conflicts with you. You may imbue your Intelligent Device with Spelltrigger effects per the Intelligent Item rules. Your Intelligent Device may not have a Special Purpose.
    Or that. That works much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

12. - Top - End - #222

And if someone just wants some basic intelligence for her Device, 1000 Gold would give you an Item with 10 in Mental Stats and with Speech. Hardly useful for anything other than fluff of course.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

And if someone just wants some basic intelligence for her Device, 1000 Gold would give you an Item with 10 in Mental Stats and with Speech. Hardly useful for anything other than fluff of course.
    It can also give Aid Another for stuff like Perception, Search, Knowledge, etc. Sometimes that +2 really matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #224

Devicer

"Cartridge Load!"
    -Teana, a Devicer

The forces of light count among their ranks some of the best and brightest minds to grace the world, and more than a few have chosen to lend their aid to the cause of magical girls. The fruit of their research was the Advanced Device - a system that automates many of the strenuous magic tasks a magical girl might otherwise have to perform manually. What were at first oddities have by now become common in some regions, and there are those who have never used a device without these new features.

These devicers often rely more heavily on their advanced tool than most magical girls, and it undoubtedly restricts their progress in some areas. But they wield a unique potential all their own, and for better or worse their versatile and powerful tools may represent the future of magical girls everywhere.

Class Features:

A devicer gains all of the class features listed below.

Device: A devicer may a select simple, martial, or exotic melee weapon to serve as their device. Additionally, she may still replace her device with the effect of another archetype if she wishes, despite it being modified by this ability.

Costume: A devicer does not gain a costume point at levels 5, 11, or 17.

Cartridge Load (Su): At 3rd level, devicer has learned to craft and maintain automated cartridges of radiant power, which can be loaded into her device and used to fuel extraordinary bursts of power. The devicer may store a number of cartridges equal to [1/2 her magical girl level + her Cha mod], and may refresh her supply once per day as part of preparing new illuminations. As a move action, the devicer may expend a cartridge to regain motes equal to her per-turn mote regeneration. She may only use this function once per turn.

This ability replaces Radiant Focus.

Cartridge Boost (Su): At 5th level, the devicer learns how to use cartridges for more than simple recharging, drawing on their power to push her device far beyond its normal limits. She can spend a swift action to load a Cartridge into your device, granting it a +2 Enhancement bonus for one minute. This bonus increases to +3 at 9th level and by another +1 ever four levels thereafter, to a maximum of +5 at 17th level. This Enhancement Bonus stacks with any existing Enhancement Bonus of the weapon, but does not stack with additional uses of this ability. If the devicer possesses the Twinned Device feat this effect applies to both of her weapons.

The Devicer can also add special properties by lowering the granted Enhancement Bonus by their cost (a +1 property would lower it by 1 and so on). She can add the following properties: Corrosive, Corrosive Burst, Flaming, Flaming Burst, Frost, Icy Burst, Keen, Shocking, Shocking Burst, Speed and Vorpal. If her Device is a Ranged Weapon, you can also add the Distance and Seeking quality.

These qualities do not stack with qualities of the same name already on the weapon and can not be used to exceed the maximum +10 enhancment bonus of a weapon.

Cartridge Overclock (Su): At 12th level, the devicer learns to use cartridges to fuel her weapon's most powerful abilities, transforming it into a form capable of amplifying her powers to ever greater heights - if only for a short time. Overclocking her device in this manner requires a swift action, and consumes one cartridge. Activating a new transformation while a transformation is already active will suppress the original transformation regardless of remaining duration. Each time she uses this ability, she may choose any of the following forms for her device:

Accel Form: The devicer's weapon shifts its form to better channel the raw power of Blast Illuminations. When using a blast illumination, she may deal an additional two points of damage for each damage die roll. This transformation lasts for a number of rounds equal to the devicer's maximum costume bonus.

Assault Form: The devicer's weapon shifts its form to grant the swiftness and accuracy to better target her Strike Illuminations. Whenever the devicer uses a Full Attack or Charge action, she may use a single Strike illumination she has prepared as part of the attack without spending an additional action. She must still pay the mote cost for the illumination, and she may not use this ability in tandem with any illumination possessing an evocation action of greater than 1 standard action. This transformation lasts for one round.

Buster Form: The devicer's weapon sprouts stabilizing wings or similar features to compensate for excess recoil. While in this form, the devicer can execute any Illumination as a Full-Round action. If she does so, she receives a bonus to attack rolls equal to 1/2 her maximum costume bonus, and ignores miss chance and concealment. This transformation lasts for a number of rounds equal to the devicer's maximum costume bonus.

This ability replaces Device - Limit Form. A magical girl can choose to not gain the Cartridge Overload class feature (despite the usual rules for archetypes), allowing her to keep her Device - Limit Form class feature instead.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2012-10-23 at 11:35 AM.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Devicer's Accel Form still references Spirit Shooters Accel Form despite being unable to take Cartridge Overclock if you are a Spirit Shooter.

16. - Top - End - #226

Whew. Lots of replies to get to. But first, as usual, changelog -

• Stargazer archetype added. Everyone has probably noticed that, since it spilled into the actual thread, but thought I ought to include it here for completeness' sake. For all your deliciously evil-thought-devouring and warlock-emulating needs.
    • Fixed a number of typos. Editing, huzzah.
    • Expanded Wardrobe now allows for multi-binding the same piece of equipment. An excellent option for those fashion-concious magical girls unable to keep up on the latest trends with their current allowance.
    • Radiant Wind feat added. Somewhat specific, but ToB and Magical Girl synergize well enough without a more generalized feat that I didn't feel the need to include a more general scaling element. That's PrC territory (and yes, an initiator/MG PrC is coming up soon).
    • Radiant Crafting and Awaken Device feats added, with a few tweaks.
    • Added the Fragile Shell illumination. Level 1 actual barrier, ho. Working on adapting some more barriers from the suggestions. Illuminations are probably the hardest thing to work with for this class, for me at least, but I'll keep plugging away here.
    • Devicer converted to link format to free up room for above feats. IT BEGINS.
    • Stargazer now scales with evoker level, rather than class level. PrC and Multiclass friendliness +100%.

You could make one?
    Spoiler
    Show

Personally:
    The Crusader has too little class features to make mixing worth it.
    The Swordsage has a couple of options. I think i could do something here, i'll give it a shot.
    And i think you could do something with the Warblade as well.

Radiant Wind
    Prerequisite: 1 Desert Wind Maneuver, Prismatic Calling feat
    Benefit: All fire damage from the Desert Wind Discipline becomes the damage type of your Prismatic damage. You can pay one mote every time you execute a Desert Wind Strike Maneuver to add half your Prismatic Damage to the Strike Maneuver.
    Special If you have levels in Swordsage, your levels in Swordsage stack to determine your Evoker Level and your Discipline Focus class feature.
    Special: If you have the Prism class feature, you can apply any Prism that applies to a Strike Illumination to a Strike Maneuver that you have enhanced with Radiant Wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Desert Wind is a really nice school - it just sucks that it always deals fire damage, the most-resisted type in the game. This feat fixes that, and adds extra damage to boot. And it blends with Prism Knight as well. The class-stacking is weak and MAD, but you already gain plenty of other benefits.

Radiant Blade
    Prerequisites: Battle Ardor, Costume +1
    Benefits: You can use your Charisma-modifer instead of your Intelligence-modifier for Battle Clarity, Battle Ardor, Battle Cunning, Battle Skill and Battle Mastery. Your Warblade levels stack with your Magical Girl levels to determine your Costume Bonus.

Spoiler
    Show
    A charismatic Warblade with a fancy costume. Pretty simple IMO.
    The thing with the Tome of Battle classes is that they stack with everything innately. Half of your levels in other classes count as initiator levels, which makes them quite multiclass-friendly. Multiclassing is built into the subsystem - if I want to blend them harder, I'd need a PrC to really do it justice.

Incidentally, next PrC: Magical Girl Initiator.

Yes, you ARE underestimating costume points.

Let's assume you have 10 costume points (16th level) with my original version
    That can give your weapon +18 damage and then another +4D6 elemental damage. That's quite a boost for three levels and a feat, especially when you are dual-wielding.
    That was just way too much, especially since its not the only thing you gain from those three class levels.

Now, Selinias version MAY be a bit on the weak side, i don't know enough about the values of Magitech Upgrades. I think at the very least it could also advance Evoker level as well, since right now you are corret - it advances nothing on the Magical Girl side.
    I might point out that the feat does advance costume on the magical girl side - what is more, it advances maximum costume bonus. Yes, it takes some investment on the magitech templar side, but having read through existing upgrades I'm convinced that the two you spend would be a sound investment. Cha to AC, permaflight, one of the best reroll mechanics around - and you can swap it around in a way that you really can't with other upgrades.

So I suppose the short version is that while it only brings in one feature from the magical girl side, it's a pretty potent one.

Since we are speaking of armor, something occured to me:
    Expanded Wardrobe REQUIRES you to bind to another suit of armor to gain its benefits. While that can be beneficial, it means that you can't just shift your costume points around - which is pretty much the main reason why you would take that feat.
    And spending money on an entire new set of armor is kinda a bad idea. The feat isn't that good in the first place, and this really kills it.

Hence, a change:
    "You can also bind yourself to an armor that you have already designated as your costume instead, summoning the same armor with a different allocation of costume points".
    This is a really good catch. Change made.

Just realized a typo with soulcrafted costume.
    "Note they only apply to armor if you have made the armor a soulcraft form with the feat of the same name."
    should read:
    "Note they only apply to armor if you have made the armor a soulcraft talisman or a soulcraft form with the feat of the same name."

Anyway, PRC archetypes seem to be an interesting idea, provided they fit the concept.

Owrtho
    Thanks for the catch, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    So for Oversized is it apply able to ranged weapons? Along the same vein would the effect apply to blasts instead of strikes for Spirit Shooters?
    Yes, on both. Spirit shooters can has heavy weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    Okay, 50 internets for the homestuck reference. You deserve it.

The archetype is very nice as well. I like the mind-altering ability, even if I think it fits strangely with the magical girl theme.
    I'd accept the internets, but I'm rocking a Procrastination sylladex and I really don't want to deal with the hassle of captchaloguing right now.

Maybe later.

This is amazing, and I really want to use it, if only it didn't fit the magical girls I'm currently working on. That said, this combine with an ozodrin/harrowed/beast sculpted combo could be entertaining if you wanted to go with a more eldritch horror stargaze type theme.

The Homestuck reference is quite nice too.

Anyway, I'd think you might want to provide the option for iterative attacks. Also, can this be used for things like martial maneuvers, charge attacks, sneak attacks, etc. Seems such things would be worth noting.

Owrtho
    The soulbound companion's attack can't be used for maneuvers, etc - it really has more in common with a warlock's Eldritch Blast than anything else. It's a nasty, highly accurate attack that tosses out damage which rises on a fixed scale and can be affixed with some seriously nasty riders. If the kofu shojo is a support caster, the stargazer is a pretty brutal offensive one.

At level 12.

Also, Holy **** - Strikes as Touch Attacks? Ouch!
    Given how nasty some strikes are, that is a really really powerful ability.

Stargazers are specifically a special case - they suffer from ASF chance despite supernatural abilities not normally doing so. The touch-attack strikes are their strongest feature, in all liklihood, and I couldn't help but feel that being able to almost guarantee status effects like that needed something to counteract it.

By the way, how is Megaton Smackdown supposed to interact with Devicer?
    If you pick Cartridge Overclock, you don't get Limit Form. But Megaton Smackdown puts your Device into Limit Form...
    So
    - does your Device go into Limit Form when you use Megaton Smackdown, regardless of whether you have that ability?*
    - or does Megaton Smackdown just maximize your weapon damage rolls, which easily makes it the weakest of all True Illuminations?

Also, if you DO get Limit Form that way, then how would it interact with Assault Form? Could you make add a second Strike to a Full Attack or Charge via Assault Form while in Limit mode*, or would that be an either/or?
    The first, technically. The true illuminations need an overhaul, I admit - among other things, I intend to introduce true illuminations that stand in for the 'style shift' archetypes (those that get rid of the device for something else), and true illuminations for Barriers and Bursts. Right now, the class' capstone just flat-out isn't worth it a lot of the time.

You really want to play Stargazer 20 right now, because your Companions damage only stacks with class level.
    The easiest solution would be changing that to Evoker level, in which case Multiclassing and all Prestige classes become useful again.

Another issue where Charisma is required would be the Nimble costume ability - you add Charisma to AC, and a Stargazer won't have much Charisma.
    The former issue fixed - companion damage now scales with evoker level rather than class level.

I don't really mind the Nimble issue though - it's a single costume element, and it buffs durability. Durability is one of the costs of being able to shove lockdown effects down enemies' throats while laughing at concepts such as 'armor class' and 'saving throws'.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Craft Device

Intelligent Device
    You have forged a bond with your Device, awakening its Intelligence
    Benefit: You can turn your Device into an Intelligent Item. You only pay 50% of the listed costs (in total only 25% due to crafting the Item yourself). The Ego of your Device may not be higher than your Evoker Level, but it never has any personality conflicts with you. You may imbue your Intelligent Device with Spelltrigger effects per the Intelligent Item rules even if you can not cast the necessary spells. Your Intelligent Device may not have a Special Purpose and can only use its abilities while within 30 ft. of you.
    Both feats added, both of them slightly tweaked.

Radiant Crafting lets you maintain the equipment of any magical girl. Not a huge issue in most cases, but it struck me that in most shows (not just magical girl ones, even) there's one character who does maintenance and upgrading for the entire team's equipment. The ability to ignore spell requirements makes you one of the more versatile enchanters in the game, even if you've got a limited audience for your upgrades.

Spoiler
    Show

Here are some of my ideas, do with them what you like (including ripping them apart and melting their parts down for new ideas, as you have done before )

Defenser (1st-level)
    Mote Cost: 1
    Evocation Action: 1 Immediate Action
    Range: Short
    Target: 1 square
    Duration: Barrier

*fluff which i am too lazy to write*
    Everyone in the affected square gains damage reduction equal to your charisma modifier. This increases to twice your Charisma modifier at Evoker level 10 if you pay an additional Mote.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since this was my first suggestion, i made it the most basic Barrier Illumination. DR 4 or 5 is powerful at lower levels, and later it can become DR 20-30 at the cost of spending more motes.

Radiant Shield (2nd-level)
    Mote Cost: 2
    Evocation Action: 1 Swift Action

*fluffy stuff about shield blinding enemies*
    Enemies who attack those in the affected square gain -4 to their attack rolls for a number of rounds equal to your charisma modifier

Spoiler
    Show
    The malus isn't huge, but since it lasts for plenty of rounds it'll discourage enemies from attacking. Note that this one probably shouldn't ever be an immediate action - players would just evoke it for one round to give an enemy a penalty (since hes already attacking he cant decice to stop), which isn't the intended usage.

Panzerschild (3rd-level)
    Mote Cost: 3
    Target: 1 Square

*fluffy stuff about making target immovable*
    Everyone in the affected square gains a bonus to AC and Saves equal to half your Charisma modifier as well as immunity to combat maneuvers.

Spoiler
    Show
    The good part here is immunity to combat maneuvers, such as Trip, Bull rush etc. Something unique. Shouldn't be too powerful since the target is still confined to one square and eating motes and actions.

Sakura Storm (5th-level)
    Mote Cost: 4
    Range: own square on activation, Short thereafter

Thousands of small, petal-shaped energy disks form around the target, shielding it from harm and punishing everyone who tries.
    Everyone attacking someone in the affected square gains 50% Concealment and your charisma modifier to saves. Everyone who makes a melee attack (including those with reach) takes 4D6+your charisma modifer damage and 5 bleed damage. Ranged attacks that miss due to concealment (including rays) can be redirected using your BAB+charisma modifier, but only inflict half damage if the redirected attack hits.
    You can move the affected square as a Standard Action. If an enemy is within the affected square, he suffers from a 50% miss chance due to his enemies being concealed and does not gain any defensive benefit from Sakura Storm other than the Concealment. He also takes 8D6+twice your Charisma modifer damage and 10 stacking bleed damage each round he is within the Sakura Storm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so in this case you CAN move the area by. I just had the idea, and a non-moving storm sounded weird. Also a bit of an idea-dump
    Good stuff here - but it's late, and I can't get around to dissecting this just yet. Bluh.

@Userpay, because multiquote broke: Noted and Fixed. Can't believe I missed that this long - with multiple people pointing it out, at that. Derp. I may find a way to integrate the two more smoothly at some point, but right now the only thing I can think of for spirit shooters is the work it into the nebulous Cartridge PrC.

...Did I miss anything?
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    I might point out that the feat does advance costume on the magical girl side - what is more, it advances maximum costume bonus. Yes, it takes some investment on the magitech templar side, but having read through existing upgrades I'm convinced that the two you spend would be a sound investment. Cha to AC, permaflight, one of the best reroll mechanics around - and you can swap it around in a way that you really can't with other upgrades.

So I suppose the short version is that while it only brings in one feature from the magical girl side, it's a pretty potent one.
    While Templar should have a decent cha if multiclassing with MG I wouldn't necessarily depend on cha being high, Templar can be a very MAD class, especially if the cha only benefits AC which Templar already gets plenty of.
    Templar gets perma flight as well, propulsion upgrade.
    Rerolls... Granted.
    Being able to swap around the artificial points whenever you assign new points is nice but the only time that you'll get new costume points if you focus Templar is when you take the upgrades. Not much opportunity to swap there.

Mostly from what I see MG gets a big boost to defense while Templar only gets a small boost (with one or two powerful options granted) to utility.

Yes, on both. Spirit shooters can has heavy weapons.
    Cool, you might want to specify that in Oversized.

@Userpay, because multiquote broke: Noted and Fixed. Can't believe I missed that this long - with multiple people pointing it out, at that. Derp. I may find a way to integrate the two more smoothly at some point, but right now the only thing I can think of for spirit shooters is the work it into the nebulous Cartridge PrC.
    Might the Cartridge PrC be the next one after Magical Girl Initiator? It just strikes me as odd that Cartridge fits Spirit Shooter perfectly yet they can't fully utilize it.

18. - Top - End - #228

Yay for crafting feats.

And for free as well, which is excellent!
    Is it intended that you can surpass that limit by spending actual money?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

I'd accept the internets, but I'm rocking a Procrastination sylladex and I really don't want to deal with the hassle of captchaloguing right now.

Maybe later.
    And in one post you become my new favourite person.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

So, the first Magical Girl game had more entrants than space. Anybody willing to run another game, for those who missed the cut and are still interested? 3.PF.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #231

I recently started to watch Symphogear, so i am considering to work on translating it into this class. Mostly area-effect debuffing and damaging Illuminations, revolving around singing, obviously.

I can think of three ways to do this:
    - Add illuminations that do these things. Would favor any Magical Girl, but doesn't catch the essence of what i want to do.
    - Add an Archetype that buffs Illuminations via singing. Catches the essence, but would have to be combined with custom Illuminations
    - Add a Prestige class that grants special Bardic-Music like songs.

I think i'll go for the Archetype and add a few Illuminations - the Magical Girl is very short on area effects anyway.

22. - Top - End - #232

I know...that I haven't seen Symphogear...but if all it is is the addition of singing...that doesn't seem like enough for an archetype. Wouldn't new illuminations be enough?

Rather, let me ask it this way, "Should a specific concept or theme really be anchored to only one archetype? If most of the archetype is defined by Illuminations, rather than Class Abilities, what does the archetype really offer that's special?"

...I know...I'm just being honest...but I'd rather have new illuminations for all classes than one class that hoards good ideas...

I...probably shouldn't say more. But I'll offer this:
    There's nothing wrong with a Prestige Class that enhances Illuminations with specific flavor or special abilities. It could completely re-flavor a character. But I don't think that having an exclusive list of illuminations for a single class is the best way to go.

Um...I don't really mean to argue... Sorry.
    Last edited by Story Time; 2012-07-14 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added New Paragraph

23. - Top - End - #233

Feats

Luminous Symphony
    Prerequisite: Radiant Focus
    Benefit: You can make Performance checks instead of Concentration checks when using Radiant Focus. Whenever you successfully use Radiant Focus, the next time you pay the maintenance cost of an aura it is reduced by 1 for every multiple of 10 you succeed on the perform check. This can reduce the cost of the Aura to 0, but never below.
    You can double an auras maintenance cost (before reducing it) to have it affect all allies who hear you perform for one round. Should the Aura have negative effects, you can have it affect all enemies who hear you perform instead.
    Special: You can take this feat if you have any Archetype feature that replaces Radiant Focus. It's effects trigger whenever you use that feature. If the feature does not require a ckeck, you can make the Performance check as a free action when you use it. If the feature does not require an action, you can spend a move action to trigger this feat.

Spoiler
    Show
    A way to make use of your Perform skill that doesn't require Bardic Performance. Auras are already very good buffs, this makes them better at the cost of constant move actions.

Reverberating Light
    Prerequisite: Luminous Symphony
    Benefit: Whenever you hit with a Illumination, you can make a Perform check by paying one mote. You deal additional sonic damage based on the result of your Perform check. That damage is only dealt once per round, regardless of how many hits you achieve with that Illumination. For Homing Shot, this damage is applies like Prismatic Calling.
    {table=head] Check Result | Extra Damage
    10-20 | 2D6
    21-30 | 3D6
    31-40 | 4D6
    41-50 | 5D6 (maximum)
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jup, it's Iajutsu Focus. Except nerfed quite a bit, because it works without quickdraw-shenanigans and of a skill based upon your main-stat that has other uses as well. Damage progression may need some adjustment though.

Masterpiece: you can take this by sacrificing a 4th-level Bard Spell Known, or by taking a feat.
    Swan Song
    Prerequisite: Lyrics of Light
    Benefit: You can perform a piece of such deadly beauty that your own being is torn apart. As a full-round action, by spending four rounds of bardic performance, you can make a Perform check. You must continue to spend full-round actions if able until you have performed for four rounds.
    Each round creates an effect that affects all enemies within 60 feet. The next round creates a new effect and repeats the previous effects, who now increase their radius by 60 feet (to 120, then 180 and then 240 feet). This is always centered upon yourself, regardless of other abilities that allow you to project your Bardic Performance, such as Arcane Enhancers.
    First Round: Affected Enemies become shaken and entangled.
    Second Round: Affected Enemies become fatigued and take damage equal to your Perform-check.
    Third Round: Affected Enemies become nauseated and take bleed damage equal to your Evoker-level.
    Fourth Round: Affected Enemies become Paralyzed and take a number of negative levels equal to half your Perform-check, but never enough to equal their hitdice.
    Enemies can not prevent any of these effects via saves, immunities, damage reduction or any other means. All effects are Extraordinary Abilities and last for 24 hours or until healed. The bodies of enemies killed by this ability are destroyed.

At the end of this performance you take 6D6 constitution damage.. This damage can not be prevented in any way and only healed via natural regeneration at a rate of 1 point per day. You can not use this performance if you do not have a constitution score. If you die due to the constitution damage, your body is utterly destroyed without a trace, and your soul can only be restored via sufficiently powerful magic after a month.

If you have a ranged device, the area of effect may instead be a 120 feet long, 10 foot wide beam, which increases each round as described above. You must choose this when you select this feat and can not change it later on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, this is utterly deadly - to you as much as the enemy. You apply a large amount of damage and, even worse, a laundry list of conditions that result in totally helpless enemies that bleed to death. All without means of preventing it, other than running away or preventing you from singing.
    Of course, you are very likey to die due to taking 21 Constitution damage on average, and even if you survive you will be crippled for a long time.

The Magical Idol Singer

Requirements
    To become a Magical Idol singer, you must meet the following prerequisites:
    Feats: Luminous Symphony
    Skills: Perform 5 (any) ranks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite being named Magical Idol Singer, there is no real reason to restrict her to just Singing, so you can use any sort of performance.

Skills: Bluff, Knowledge (History, Local, Nobility), Linguistics, Perform

Spoiler
    Show
    You're still a Magical Girl, but your abilities lend themselves more towards your social site. The Knowledge skills are mostly for flavor though.

Hit Die: D8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special | Casting

1st|+0|+0|+1|+1| Voice of Light, Costume, Unfocussed Illuminations, Song of Joy | +1 Illumination

2nd|+1|+1|+1|+1| Rapture of the Song: +2 AC | +1 Bard

3rd|+2|+1|+2|+2| Song of Sorrow | +1 Illumination

4th|+3|+1|+2|+2| Rapture of the Song: +2 Saves, Arcane Performance| +1 Bard

5th|+3|+2|+3|+3| Ballad of Friendship | +1 Illumination

6th|+4|+2|+3|+3|Chorus of Light | +1 Bard

7th|+5|+2|+4|+4| Lyrics of Light | +1 Illumination

8th|+6/+1|+3|+4|+4| Rapture of the Song: Freedom of Movement | +1 Bard

9th|+6/+1|+3|+5|+5| Melody of Magic | +1 Illumination

10th|+7/+2|+3|+5|+5| Perfect Chorus | +1 Bard[/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The same chassis as the Magical Girl, plus half Bardic Spellcasting, full Costume and half Illumination progression, in addition to boni while singing and lots of new songs.

Voice of Light: Add your Magical Idol Girl levels to your Bard levels or levels in one other class that grants Bardic Performance to determine the effects of your Bardic Music class ability. If you do not have any levels in Bard or another class that grants Bardic Performance, you gain Bardic Performance like a Bard of your class level.
    You can start your Bardic Performance as a Move Action. At 7th-level, you can start it as a Swift Action.

As a free action, you can spend two Motes to gain one additional round of Bardic Performance per day. You can do so multiple times per encounter, but each time you do so during the same encounter the mote cost increases by one, up to your mote regeneration per round All rounds of performance not spent at the end of the encounter are lost.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So you get and advance Bardic Performance, regardless of whether you're already a Bard or not. And since you're supposed to do something other than Perform (and for all those who don't take Bard-levels for this Archetype), you can use it as a Move-Action right away.

A limitation to rounds/day is a pain in the ass. This ability fixes that, and you can perform all day long, eventually at the cost of not regenerating any motes.

Costume: Add your Magical Idol Girl levels to your Magical Girl levels to determine all effects of your costume.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because who has ever heard of a Idol Singer without a fancy dress?

Unfocused Illuminations: Add your Magical Idol class levels to your Magical Girl class levels to determine your number of Motes, their regeneration and your Evoker Level.
    At 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th level you add one level to your Magical Girl class for determining your prepared Illuminations and the maximum level of your Illuminations
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can use Motes for your Bardic Performance, so they advance fully. You also get new Illuminations, because you're still supposed to be a Magical Girl, just one with a different style.

Spellcasting: At 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th level, you advance your Bardic Spellcasting as if you had just taken a level in Bard, even if you do not have any levels in that class. You do not gain any other benefits you would have gained if you had taken a level in Bard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bardic spellcasting is mostly Utility-casting, so this doesn't make you much stronger in Combat. However, you CAN use it to fuel your Arcane Performances. And you still don't need a single level in Bard.

Bardic Performance: The Magic Idol Singer gains new Bardic Performances. These work in all ways like other Bardic Performances. The Save-DC for all Bardic Performances that allow a save is equal to 10+(1/2 of all levels that advance your Bardic Performance)+your Charisma modifier. The targets of your performance must be able to perceive it just like with normal Bardic Performances.

Refrains: You can only use a Refrain when you sing the song of the same name. Activating a Refrain costs a number of rounds of Bardic Music and needs an action to activate which depends on the Refrain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those are your main class features. Refrains are blatantly stolen from the Seeker of the Song, except that yours are less repetitive.

Song of Joy(Su): Your voice fills all who hear it with vibrant joy. They gain all the benefits of your Inspire Courage ability. However, the bonus to saves applies to all Will-saves instead of just those against fear and charms. In addition, the boni are untyped boni that do not stack with other Bardic Performances.

Song of Joy, Refrain:(Su) As an immediate action that consumes three uses of Bardic Performance, you can make a Performance Check. All allies can use the result of your check in place of one saving throw until the end of your next round.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Inspire Courage, except that it stacks with other boni. Such as Heroism. You also get Countersong, except that it's actually reactive and works against every type of spell - in other words, you'll actually use it.

Song of Sorrow (Su): Your song expresses your sorrow that you must fight your opponents. Enemies affected take the boni granted by your Inspire Courage as penalties if they fall a Will-saving throw. This is a fear-effect, and enemies take the penalty of this song when they make their saving throw against it.

Song of Sorrow, Refrain (Su): As a move action that consumes two uses of Bardic Music, you can sing a melody that weights your enemies down with despair. Enemies within 60 feet who fail a Will-save treat all terrain as difficult for two rounds, and all their movement provokes attacks of Opportunity. This is a fear-effect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A wide-area debuff. Unless you are up against a large number of enemies OR your group doesn't need Inspire Courage (maybe they hit anyway, maybe they are spellcasters), Song of Joy is better though. The Refrain however allows you to keep enemies from maneuvering, and we all know how powerful that can be.

Ballad of Friendship (Su): Affected allies automatically succeed on aid another attempts. The boni granted by aid another are increased by your Inspire Courage bonus, regardless of the bonus granted by the aid another action.

Ballad of Friendship, Refrain (Su): As a Standard Action that consumed two uses of Bardic Music, you allow all allies to use aid another as a move action until the beginning of your next turn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you really really need to succeed at something, use this. It's situational, but it can grant a larger increase than Inspire Courage.

Lyrics of Light (Su): Your song brings forth a brilliant display of light that seems to wash away all problems. Affected allies gain Fast Healing equal to twice your Inspire Courage Bonus.

Lyrics of Light, Refrain (Su): As a Standard Action that consumes four uses of Bardic Music, you can make a Perform Check. Affected allies within 60 feet are healed by an amount of Hitpoints equal to your Perform check, while affected enemies within 60 feet take damage equal to your Perform check. Enemies can make a Will-save to take half damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You'll really use this for the refrain. It's probably amongst the strongest option against hordes, though spamming it will be expensive

Melody of Magic (Su): Music and Magic are one and the same to you, and your magic performs according to your song. Affected allies add 2 to the DC of all their abilities, add +4 to their Combat Maneuver checks and +4 to their saves and CMD.

Melody of Magic, Refrain (Su): As a Standard-Action that consumes five uses of Bardic Music and four Motes, up to 10 affected allies can immediately use a 2nd-level Illumination, using your Charisma and Evoker level to determine its effects.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This buffs everything that matters at higher levels. And remember that you can sing two songs by now, so you don't even have to choose and will probably keep this running all the time.

Arcane Performance (Su): When you start a Bardic Performance, as a free action, you can sacrifice an arcane spell per day to choose one of the following options. You can sacrifice multiple spells to gain multiple options, and each option performs at the level of the spell you sacrificed to gain it. You can sacrifice multiple spells to trigger the same option, in which case you add the spell levels together to determine its effects.
    All effects that mirror spells use your Evoker Level as your Caster Level.

Dancing Spotlights: You create four pillars of light per level of the sacrificed spell. You can direct them as if you had cast Dancing Lights.
    A creature who shares a space with those lights gains a +1 competence bonus to skill checks for each sphere in its square, up to twice the level of the sacrificed spell. It also gains a +1 morale bonus to attack for each four spheres (rounded down) in its square.
    Arcane Amplifiers: You can choose one square per level of the spell sacrificed. Your performance can be perceived as if you were standing in those squares in addition to your own square. Creatures in that square are deafened (if your performance is audible) or blinded (if your performance is visual) for as long as they remain in that square if they fail a save against your Bardic Music.
    Luminous Choreography: Each time you take a Move action during your turn for any purpose, you create one Mirror Image. If you do not take a Move action during your turn, your Mirror Images vanish. You can have a number of Mirror Images equal to the level of the spell sacrificed. You gain a +1 bonus to perform checks for each Mirror Image you have. The Mirror Images can look and move however you want and appear in adjactend spaces, but still perform otherwise as per the spell.
    Ocean of Cheers: One ally per level of the sacrificed spell can make an Aid Another Perform check to aid your own Perform checks. They gain a +2 bonus to their perform checks for each level of the spell sacrificed. For each ally that succeds, the DC of your Bardic Performance increases by one.
    Radiant Fog: Fog spreads around you, covering a 5 ft. radius centered on you per level of spell sacrificed. This works like Fog Cloud, but never impedes perception of your performance. Allies within the fog receive a +5 bonus to their Acrobatics checks to move trough threatened squares per level of spell sacrificed, and enemies receive an equal penalty.

All effects last as long as you continue to perform. If you switch from one kind of bardic performance to another, the effects do not end - only when you continue to perform a Bardic Performance altogether. You can end individual arcane performances whenever you wish as a free action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are your own rock-concert! And you get a way to effectively use those low-level spellslots you have.

Rapture of the Song: While you maintain any Bardic Performance, you gain a +2 Dodge Bonus to your AC. At 4th-level, you also gain a +2 sacred Bonus to your saves. At 8th-level, you have Freedom of Movement while Performing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is blatantly stolen from hte Seeker of the Song, except that it stacks with everything else.

Luminous Chorus: At 6th-level, you can maintain two Bardic Performances at the same time. You must make a Concentartion Check using your Caster Level and your Charisma modifier against a DC of 25 to start the second performance and to maintain it each round. The second Performance consumes rounds of Bardic Performance normally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can maintain two songs at the same time, but at the risk of constantly needing to spend actions to do so.

Perfect Chorus: You no longer need to make Concentration checks to start or maintain a second performance, and you only consume one round of Bardic Performance per round while singing in chorus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Capstone. Combine two buffs at your leisure.

Archetypes: If you have levels in Bard, any Archetype that alters specific uses of Bardic Performance is compatible with this class: You advance all features of Bardic Performance, including new performances, just as if you had taken levels in Bard.
    However, if you lose the ability to affect others with Bardic Performance, or lose Bardic Performance altogether, your Archetype is incompatible.
    If your Archetype is incompatible you keep track of both seperately. For example, a level 4 Bard with the Dervish Dancer Archetype and five levels in Magical Idol Singer would gain Battle Dance as a 4th-level Bard and Bardic Performance as a 5th-level Bard, instead of gaining Battle Dance as a 9th-level Bard.
    You can take all compatible Bard Archetypes even if you do not have levels in Bard, in which case you only gain the features that are exchanged for Bardic Performances. You can also take Bardic Masterpieces.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bards gain some nice alternate Performances - and so do you. However, you're really supposed to support your group, so no switching your Performances for pure self-buffing.

Adaptation to 3.5:
    If you wish to use this class with D&D 3.5-rules, add all skills on the Magical Girl skill list to its skill list, change the save progression to bad for Fortitude and Good for Will and Reflex, and treat each daily activation of Bardic Performance as two rounds of Bardic Performance for the purpose of paying assosciated costs. Also, each Arcane Performance only lasts 1 minute per level of the sacrificed spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since Pathfinder- and 3.5 Bardic Music works fundamentally different, i had to choose one or the other to write this class. And Pathfinders way to measure Bardic Music just lent itself better to the Refrain-mechanic i had in mind. Still, no reason you shouldn't use this with 3.5, so there you go.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-29 at 10:59 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Can anyone explain how to do class tables?
    Well, the easiest method would be to just try quoting one of the posts that has a 10 level prc with your desired selection of BAB and saves, then edit the abilities. That said, to actually make tables on your own, it would be:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]header1|header2|header3|header4|header5|header6|he ader7
    row1-1|row1-2|row1-3|row1-4|row1-5|row1-6|row1-7
    row2-1|row2-2|row2-3|row2-4|row2-5|row2-6|row2-7
    row3-1|row3-2|row3-3|row3-4|row3-5|row3-6|row3-7
    row4-1|row4-2|row4-3|row4-4|row4-5|row4-6|row4-7
    row5-1|row5-2|row5-3|row5-4|row5-5|row5-6|row5-7
    row6-1|row6-2|row6-3|row6-4|row6-5|row6-6|row6-7[/table]

which looks like:

{table=head]header1|header2|header3|header4|header5|header6|he ader7
    row1-1|row1-2|row1-3|row1-4|row1-5|row1-6|row1-7
    row2-1|row2-2|row2-3|row2-4|row2-5|row2-6|row2-7
    row3-1|row3-2|row3-3|row3-4|row3-5|row3-6|row3-7
    row4-1|row4-2|row4-3|row4-4|row4-5|row4-6|row4-7
    row5-1|row5-2|row5-3|row5-4|row5-5|row5-6|row5-7
    row6-1|row6-2|row6-3|row6-4|row6-5|row6-6|row6-7[/table]

| is used to separate columns, while <br /> is used for line breaks within the boxes, however do note there is an error with the forum where any time the post is edited or previed, it changes the <br /> to <br> thus requiring manually changing it back. If you remove the "=head" part, then the top row won't have the different colouring.

Also, here you will find a linked thread for table making.

Requirements
    To become a Magical Idol singer, you must meet the following prerequisites:
    Feats: Illuminating Song
    Skills: Perform 5 (any) ranks
    Aw, no strait magical girl music/singer prc?

Edit: Huh, I just realized, I wasn't thinking when typing up homing shot, it was intended to ignore all concealment, and ignore cover as it currently is written to ignore total concealment.

Owrtho
    Last edited by Owrtho; 2012-07-15 at 12:51 AM.
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

25. - Top - End - #235

Thanks!

I think i also need something musical that actually enhances Illuminations and ideally works of a Perform check (instead of just prerequisites).
    Here's what i can think of right now:

Luminous Symphony
    Benefit: You can make Performance checks instead of Concentration checks when using Radiant Focus. Whenever you successfully use Radiant Focus, the next time you pay the maintenance cost of an aura it is reduced by 1 for every multiple of 10 you succeed on the perform check. This can reduce the cost of the Aura to 0, but never below.
    You can double an auras maintenance cost (before reducing it) to have it affect all allies who hear you perform for one round. Should the Aura have negative effects, you can have it affect all enemies who hear you perform instead.
    Special: You can take this feat if you have any Archetype feature that replaces Radiant Focus. It's effects trigger whenever you use that feature. If the feature does not require a ckeck, you can make the Performance check as a free action when you use it. If the feature does not require an action, you can spend a move action to trigger this feat.

Spoiler
    Show
    A way to make use of your Perform skill that doesn't require Bardic Performance. Auras are already very good buffs, this makes them better at the cost of constant move actions.

Reverbing Light
    Prerequisite: Luminous Symphony
    Benefit: Whenever you hit with a Standard-action Strike Illumination, you can make a Perform check by paying one mote. You deal additional sonic damage based on the result of your Perform check.
    {table=head] Check Result | Extra Damage
    10-20 | 2D6
    21-30 | 3D6
    31-40 | 4D6
    41-50 | 5D6 (maximum)
    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jup, it's Iajutsu Focus. Except nerfed quite a bit, because it works without quickdraw-shenanigans and of a skill based upon your main-stat that has other uses as well. Damage progression may need some adjustment though.

Also, changed the Prerequisite of my PrC to Luminous Symphony, and you gain Bardic Music if you don't have any Bard levels.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-15 at 01:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Luminous Symphony
    Well, the only issue I can see with it now, is that a devicer can't get in (though an equivalent version could likely be done using cartridges rather than ). As for if that's a problem or not is up to you.

I also just realized that you're using unfocussed illuminations. I noticed you mentioned it giving half illumination progression, but at present it doesn't learn any new illuminations. You could possibly have it fully advance illuminations on some levels, similar to the advancing of bardic spellcasting (possibly offset from that).

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Actually if you could progress illuminations (or at least the option to) instead of bardic casting that would make it more interesting for me.

28. - Top - End - #238

You can now take Luminous Symphony when you have an Archetype that replaces it.

Magical Idol Singer now fully advances your Motes and their regeneration and grants half progression on Bardic Spellcasting AND known Illuminations. You're supposed to use Illuminations after all, and Bardic spellcasting isn't so powerful that half progression would break anything.
    Last edited by Serafina; 2012-07-15 at 01:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

You can now take Luminous Symphony when you have an Archetype that replaces it.

Magical Idol Singer now fully advances your Motes and their regeneration and grants half progression on Bardic Spellcasting AND known Illuminations. You're supposed to use Illuminations after all, and Bardic spellcasting isn't so powerful that half progression would break anything.
    A few things to note. First, the table doesn't show illuminations advancing at first level, though the ability description does. One of those needs to be changed so they match.

Second, as mentioned above, the option for an acf that replaces all bardic casting progression with full illumination progression would be quite nice (and arguably some would appreciate the reverse as well).

Third, on Luminous Symphony, can you use it if you don't have Radiant Focus? Could a Devicer make use of the ability when using Cartridge Load? Sure it doesn't normally need the concentration check, but it is still useful to have.

Also, on Voice of Light, the ability to gain extra bardic music should be clarified. At the moment it seems to only be usable once per day, though it looks like you intended it to be regaining a daily use. Also, while you state it is only usable in combat, you should state that any extra rounds above their normal maximum are lost at the end of the encounter (or possible above what they started the encounter with).

Lastly, and this is directed at Selinia, I noticed on the Stargazer, you loose the device, but keep device - limit form. Is this intentional, and if so what does entering limit form do?

Owrtho
    Tables

My Homebrew
    other hombrew

30. - Top - End - #240

I did a bit of editing before you posted, maybe it got lost. At any rate, yes, you can just make a Perform check to use the feat when using Cartridge Load. In addition, if there are every any ACFs that take away Radiant Focus without replacing it with something similar you can just make a move action to activate the feat.

The Table is in error, thanks for pointing that out.

You can already gain third-level Illuminations by taking 1 level in Bard, 10 in the PrC and 6 in Magical Girl. So i don't really see a need to grant full Illumination progression, especially since your Motes DO scale fully.

And yes, the wording on Voice of Light is a bit iffy now.
    I'll change it thusly:
    You can spend 2 motes as a free action to gain another round of Bardic Performance. You can do this as often as you want per encounter, but each time the mote cost increases by 1.

Last but not least, please note that this is based of the Pathfinder-Bard, so it works with rounds/day rather than activations/day. It actually works better if you are planning on switching between songs a lot, and makes scaling the cost for refrains easier.