New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

confused HT's plots

On rare occasions when I GM my own plots, I want to look in just one place for them and not dodge around other people's plots. So I made a thread.

Rules:
    1. Dun post here unless you're in the plot.
    2. If I'm not GMing for a while, I might make it available for other GMs to use. (Or you could use Random or Srs or start your own plawt thread.)
    3. Do your roleplay as well as you can while being kind to other players.

Plots so far:

{table=head]Plot|Players|Description|Status
    Charlie's Plot|Vael, Morty, HT*|The Hunters investigate a murderous cult|on hiatus
    Whisper's Plot|Wolfy, HT*|Waterstrider and Whisper try to rescue the last slave from their caravan|on hiatus
    Coffin Hunting|SC, Ghar, Vampire Rot*, HT|A party from Tenebras tries to destroy Rot's coffin|completed
    Yellow Road[div]Operation Hypnohottie[/div]|HT, Ghar, Slii, Lost, BR|AMEN tries to hypnotise Vas' boyfriend|completed
    Mother-Soon's Journey|Wolfy, Ghar*, HT|Waterstrider takes Renetta to her homeland, and then his|completed
    Moff's Beach Party|HT*, Rein, Haruki, Bill, anyone|in progress
    Not the Black Dragon Den|singingnoodle*, Rebo, HT, Wolfy|A group of cultists try to kill everyone in the bar|in progress
    [/table]

*GM
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-03-31 at 10:57 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

A forest Outside

Pathfinder will recognize the forest where the wagons were hidden, and the battle fought to rescue the slaves. The wheel ruts and oxen tracks are still visible, though overgrown somewhat. Whisper crawls over the ground on her hands and feet (not her knees) tracing the tracks all the way to where the front of the caravan was.

"After fight, we find all wagons but one. Grass says it was dark lady's wagon, and grass-eaters pull it away before fight start. Says there was witchness on it."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

When Sophie and the other Hunter are led inside the building, they find that the inner rooms have all been opened up to make one large room full of people There's a bearded man sitting and playing the sitar who looks up as the women are brought in. "Tie them up, pat them down, but then give them some hash. No need to be unhospitable. What are your names?"

Some of the others in the room will try to tie them up with electrical cords.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

Neither Sophie nor the Innocent resist, although both of them are on lookout for the ways to escape. Sophie uses the same Edge as she did when confronting Leah as she tries to wriggle a little in order to make the cords looser and easier to remove - hoping that the aura of non-threateningness will prevent her captors from being too thorough.
    I'm Jacqueline Dubon and this is Maria LaCroix, she states curtly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

"Maria... I just met a girl named Maria... How do you solve a problem like Maria?" the sitar playing man sings as he plays. He's actually pretty good, despite the nonsense combination of songs. "I'm so sorry, my dear, I don't know any Jacqueline songs. Now, you know we only want love for all mankind, yes?"

'Jacqueline' manages to have looser bonds than 'Maria'.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

I can't really say I know anything about you, sir, Sophie says politely. We were in the middle of finding out more when we were brought here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

"He is the Emissary."

"He was sent to show us the way."

"To a better life."

"A better world."

"Where there will be peace and love for all mankind."

As the followers explain, The Emissary starts to play again, and begins to perform a song, that the followers join in on.

"...It's the hammer of justice
    It's the bell of freedom
    It's the song of love between my brothers and my sisters
    All over this land."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

The song sends a chill down both Sophie's and the Innocent's spines. This... Emmissary is too similar to the Messengers for their taste, except that he appears in the flesh.
    And how did the Savicks' death help usher this new, better world? She asks, deciding not to beat around the bush.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A forest Outside

Pathfinder will recognize the forest where the wagons were hidden, and the battle fought to rescue the slaves. The wheel ruts and oxen tracks are still visible, though overgrown somewhat. Whisper crawls over the ground on her hands and feet (not her knees) tracing the tracks all the way to where the front of the caravan was.

"After fight, we find all wagons but one. Grass says it was dark lady's wagon, and grass-eaters pull it away before fight start. Says there was witchness on it."
    A Forest Outside

Even though most people would likely have problems understanding Whisper's broken language, Pathfinder understands it without a hitch, and when they get the site of the wagon, gets down on all fours, sniffing the ground and closing his eyes as he tries to catch the scents in the area.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

Charlie smiles. "Everybody dies. I would have saved them if I could."

A Forest Outside

The scents are old, but Pathfinder will recognize them all. The oxen, Ezra and the other slavers, the other slaves, the rescuers...

... and the Priestess's wagon, full of the pungent odours of spell components and unnatural magic. Grass-bringer was locked up inside the wagon before it was brought into the woods, so his smell is probably not noticeable, after this long.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Outside

"This'll take several moments, but please, don't be frightened."
    Pathfinder warns his companion before stripping himself of everything but his pants and a shard of obsidian. He stands perfectly still in the grass for a long moment, clearing his mind and soul, preparing himself. Before Whisper's eyes, he raises his paws slowly into the air, speaking Wolfen loudly, intoning the spirits to listen to his pleas. His paws circle back down and he takes the shard of rock into his other paw, stabbing it with a growl and tearing open a wound. His eyes are closed as he continues speaking in his harsh language, flicking blood in each of the cardinal directions, on the ground beneath himself, and finally, drawing symbols onto his chest in it, to unlock his soul to the surrounding spirits of life, to let them see that his intent is pure.

Finally, he takes a seat, crosslegged and palms open as he awaits their answer.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

Sophie's eyes narrow.
    You would, wouldn't you. Why did you need their baby, then?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

"I didn't. If I did, the infant would be here, instead of with its family,"
    Charlie says, with a beneficent smile.

"Let me tell you of the vision, beautiful Jacqueline and Maria." He plays a few chords on the sitar. "There will be a time when the elves and goblins, dwarves and dragons, orcs and halflings, and all the other inhuman species will rise up to destroy mankind. There will be a terrible war - so terrible that I must take my Family into hiding to keep them safe. This is not my wish, but yet it must come to pass."

"And yet when we emerge from hiding, we must be prepared. By this time, Remnant will have purged their ranks and cleansed the city of the social filth that now soils it, but those that are left will be ever the more violent. We must be prepared to defend our purity and to keep the filth down."

"We all want to change the world."

Yet another song from the insane cult leader. Somehow it works on the sitar. >.>

Forest Outside

Whisper crouches in the small clump of grass as she watches Pathfinder act. There isn't much grass under the trees, so she stays close to the bit that she's found.

Three spirits arise - an elderly man and woman, and a newborn infant. Their species isn't easily identifiable. They are similar to humans, but with fur covering much of their bodies. They have a feel about them that is tribal, and even more primitive than the tribes of Pathfinder's world. And they are ancient. These spirits have been here for many lifetimes.

"Speak, child," the elderly woman says, while the elderly man holds and tries to comfort the suddenly fussy baby. "It is long since we have had the blessing of a shaman."

The words aren't in Common or Wolfen, but Pathfinder should be able to understand them through his spirit bond.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Charlie's Place

You're in- the Innocent blurts out before Sophie silences her with a glare. They'll have to play along if they want to get out of here... What makes you think they'll turn on us?
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-10-19 at 09:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

A Forest Outside

Pathfinder is silent a moment, quelling his spinning head before looking at the spirits with glazed eyes, blind to the real world at the moment. "I am looking for someone. A priestess with a small child."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

"I've seen it. It has come to me in a vision, and been confirmed in more messages since," he says, with the simple surety of absolute and unshakeable belief. As complete as the Hunter's belief in their own mission.

The Spirit World

"The boy a shaman, like yourself, and yet unlike,"
    the elderly woman says. "We saw them."

"But stay a few moments. It is so long since we have had company," the man says, having soothed the baby. Pathfinder may notice that the infant has clubfoot.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The Spirit World

Distantly, Pathfinder can feel a touch of cold in his paw as the blood continues to drain slowly from the wound, but he ignores it. "My thanks to you." He says. "Would you happen to know where they went?" He asks before noticing the clubfoot. In the physical world, he'd never be able to do anything about it, but here, in the realms of his soul and dreams...

The spirits will see him reach out with his wounded paw as a wisp of his essence tears itself off from him and drifts towards the child to wrap around the foot. If they allow it, the wisp will attach itself to the child and slowly begin to move into the spirit, trying to mend the deformity.

Even if it is just a spirit with no real need of the foot, it was a sign of his devotion and a gift of thanks.

In the physical world, Whisper might see a bit of his blood turn to smoke as the gift is given.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-10-19 at 10:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

The Spirit World

Whisper stays on her patch of grass, rocking a little.

The elderly man allows the wisp to approach and heal the baby, and smiles, running a finger down the healed limb. "Ah, if only we'd had one of your talents with us when he was birthed," he says. "But then his life would still have ended, long ago, and he has been such a comfort to us."

The woman leans down to kiss the baby's forehead, then addresses Pathfinder. "There was a name. I will try to recall." ((Her player isn't unprepared. Nope, no way. >.> ))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

Sophie swallows and the Innocent also looks disturbed. Is it just a coincidence? They've heard of Hunters who just... snapped at their Imbuing. Many normal Imbued went insane over time, but some, they've been told, went berserk right after being contacted by the Heralds. Maybe he was one of them? Or simply a man of powerful, if insane vision?
    Do you know who sent you the vision? Sophie says, keeping her tone calm.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

"It was the soul of the infinite," Charlie says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Spirit World

Whisper stays on her patch of grass, rocking a little.

The elderly man allows the wisp to approach and heal the baby, and smiles, running a finger down the healed limb. "Ah, if only we'd had one of your talents with us when he was birthed," he says. "But then his life would still have ended, long ago, and he has been such a comfort to us."

The woman leans down to kiss the baby's forehead, then addresses Pathfinder. "There was a name. I will try to recall." ((Her player isn't unprepared. Nope, no way. >.> ))
    The Spirit World

"Take your time, I understand that you haven't had company like this for quite a long time." He says in understanding. "Sadly, I cannot do such things in the physical realm. I mend the mind and soul, not the body."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

That sounds... vague. Not that the Messengers have ever been clear. What did it say, precisely?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

The Spirit World

The baby gurgles, fixing his bright eyes on Pathfinder, and the elderly man holds the child out, offering to let Pathfinder hold the infant. "Nonetheless, a valuable skill, shaman."

"We had waited only for our daughter's daughter to give birth, knowing it was time for us to leave the tribe that they might travel faster. The gods were good to us, to grant us this blessing in reward for our long service to our people."

Pathfinder may guess the implication - that the child and the elders were left behind to die, and that the elders never doubted the prudence of this practice of their people.

Charlie's Place

Charlie leaps to his feet, crossing the room like a striking predator, and screams in "Jacqueline's" face, "You heard the vision! If you still doubt, you cannot be saved!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

Sophie stares right in the insane man's eyes, working to loosen her bonds.
    And what if I believed you? Could I be saved then?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

The Spirit World

Pathfinder accepts the child gently, keeping it close to his warm soul. He knows the implications of what they were saying, and it pains him to hear. "I am honored to meet such revered spirits. I am sure you're able to help your tribe in death as you have in life."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

Charlie runs the backs of his fingers gently along Sophie's cheek. "Perhaps. If you pass the test."

He holds her eyes, while calling out to his followers: "Tex, get the van. Take Linda and Susan, as well as these two."

The Spirit World

The baby grabs a handful of Pathfinder's fur and chortles in delight. So soft! =D

"Marthorne," the woman suddenly says. "The dark witch made a window to a place called Marthorne, and drove the wagon through it. She and the child were both glowing in fear, though the witch's fear was darkened with anger, and the boy's fear brightened by gladness."

Pathfinder may recall that the caravan went through a town called Marthorne, and some of the slaves were sold there. He and his brother were not put up for sale at that time, since they weren't considered broken yet.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

Sophie is silent. Perhaps this "test" will be an opportunity for both of them to escape and notify Remnant of this crazy cult, so she decides to play along for now.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

Charlie's followers help 'Jacqueline' and 'Maria' to their feet, and lead them out a different way than they came in. There's a white van, the non-descript type that makes deliveries, awkwardly parked in an alley that is barely large enough for it. Some of the women are clambering into the back. One man is behind the wheel of the van, one in the back as well. Most of the women have their eyes on Charlie, as they have all along, but one of them keeps looking around nervously at the surroundings, and occasionally at the two Hunters.

"Are you coming with us, Charlie?" she asks.

"You should!" another woman says.

"No, it's too dangerous," another argues.

Charlie doesn't answer, and instead tries to cup his hand behind 'Jacqueline's' head and kiss her.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

[Charlie's Place]

Sophie is kissed, managing to hold back her disgust, both at the kiss itself and her suspicions about the *cough* relations between Charlie and the female cultists.
    The Innocent, meanwhile, activates her Edge that makes her become hard to notice and easy to ignore, trying to gauge if she could slip away with its help.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Place

The Innocent's hands are still tied behind her back, but no one else seems to be paying attention to her, and she edges towards the open back of the van. At that moment, the nervous woman meets her eyes and sees what she's doing. But then she makes a small gesture with her head to keep going.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs