New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

Mother-Soon's Journey

Renetta will see Waterstrider wrestling with three small forms. Two young Wolfen cubs and a goblin child of about the same size. The latter has black patterns died onto her skin, and all four are biting, clawing and growling at each other.

When they see and smell Renetta, they all freeze and the children climb off of Waterstrider to crowd near the entrance of the carriage, speaking in growls and yips. The more adult Wolfen chuckles. <She doesn't speak Wolfen.>

After a pause, the goblin speaks up. "Hi! We're Starcrest, Notch, and Black Stripes." She says, gesturing first to a brown Wolfen with a tan star shaped splotch over one eye, second to the tan Wolfen who has bite missing from her ear, and finally to herself.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mother-Soon's Journey]

Children! That's certainly a relief. The elf smiles warmly at the three and slides so she's seated with her feet hanging out of the carriage. "Hi, I'm Renetta. I guess you know Waterstrider then?" She glances toward the wolfen.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Mother-Soon's Journey

"Uhuh!" The goblin girl says before being shoved aside by Starcrest. "We're his cousins!"

"Yep! All three of us!"

The Wolfens' tails wag as they lean forward and sniff at the elf. "Are you his mate?" Notch asks excitedly.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mother-Soon's Journey]

"Um..." Renetta looks over to Waterstrider again. Mating had certain connotations to her understanding of the word. Mostly being applied to animals and... certain activities. Of course, that doesn't apply here. It makes her hesitate though.

"Yeah... Yeah, sure." She says, still looking at Waterstrider, smiling. She shifts her gaze back to the three children.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Coffin Hunting]

"Oh, well if you did do him in, I'd have to go to his funeral. And without a coffin! Pretending to be mournful is bad enough."

The man waves his large, slightly clawed hands around, mocking the vampire. He's... a bit strange.

"And no, lady, I'm not going to let you leave."

Rot informs Durin that this guy is a less-than-sane werewolf, pretty much as bloodthirsty as the vampire himself but without the class he also has. Numerous bad words are also mentioned.
    As soon as he says they can't leave, Vino drops the axe, slings the harpoon gun off his shoulder, and shoots at the man's center of mass. He doesn't know if this man is a vampire or not, but a harpoon through the chest tends to be unpleasant to most cretures.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Mother-Soon's Journey]

"Um..." Renetta looks over to Waterstrider again. Mating had certain connotations to her understanding of the word. Mostly being applied to animals and... certain activities. Of course, that doesn't apply here. It makes her hesitate though.

"Yeah... Yeah, sure." She says, still looking at Waterstrider, smiling. She shifts her gaze back to the three children.
    Mother-Soon's Journey

Waterstrider smiles a bit at the words, and Renetta might be able to tell that he's refraining from showing his teeth. He'll have explained to her once that its a sign of hostility among Wolfen if one does so. The three children climb into the wagon to give Renetta gentle hugs before settling down around her, resting their heads on her lap and knees. "I didn't know elves could mate with Wolfen." Black Stripes says before Notch baps her head.

"Hey! What was that for?!?!"

Starcrest sighs and says a few things in Wolfen, making Black Stripes slump a bit before giving the elf a gentle hug, head down a bit and her pointed ears drooping slightly. "Sorry! I didn't want to bring up anything you don't want to talk ab-"

Notch baps Black Stripe again. "Sorry..." The goblin girl mutters before settling down again and watching the elf.

Waterstrider heads back to the front, chuckling the entire way and begins leading them all back to the village.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Coffin Hunting]

Funny, Astrana was planning the very same thing. She opens up with a curse which is intended to weaken the werewolf rather them harm and then steps away from the door.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mother-Soon's Journey]

"It's okay." Renetta assures Black Stripes. She has rather little experience with children, but she'll manage. "How old are you three?" She asks.

[Coffin Hunting]

Durin readies his weapon and takes a few steps forward and to the side. A reaction to the attacks already occurring are needed first, however.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Mother-Soon's Journey

Another Wolfen, this one a girl who is nearly full grown, joins the crowd, suddenly rising out of the grass where she had been unseen. Her fur is dark brindle, and she's considered quite attractive by Wolfen standards. "Where is Pathfinder?" Waterstrider will know her as Second Girl, and she is one of the generation of Wolfen who will be going on a name quest in the spring. She's always had a bit of a crush on his brother, though not to the extent that it prevented her flirting with other boys as well.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

[Coffin Hunting]

The man lets out a snarling-howl of fury as he gets harpooned in the chest. The curse takes hold on him, but quickly fizzles out afterward as the man's body begins to change. With horrific noises, his bones change shape within his body and he begins to sprout hair everywhere. The harpoon is violently ejected from his chest, with the gaping wound beginning to stitch itself up magically (though nowhere near fast enough to heal it up completely, so it's still gross).

Where the man stood, a gigantic silver-furred wolf crouches on four legs, glaring at the three of them with mad yellow eyes. The werewolf shrugs off the robe the man was wearing and jumps away from Durin and his readied weapon with a snarl.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Mother-Soon's Journey

"Ninesevenseven!" The three shout at once. "How old are you?" Notch asks, voicing the question they're all wondering.

Waterstrider keeps an ear turned towards that conversation as he looks at Second Girl with a smile. <He's on his own journey, but he's doing okay.>

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mother-Soon's Journey]

"Only thirty two." Renetta answers. It occurs to her again the age gap between her and Waterstrider. Elves develop so slowly, especially when one compares them to Wolfen or humans. It doesn't really matter though. Not to her right now at least.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Mother Soon's Journey

Second Girl's tail swishes happily to hear that Pathfinder is still alive, and she walks alongside him as he leads the cart. "<You smell as if you are well. Will you tell the tale at the fireside tonight of the battle that took your paw?>"

Coffin Hunting

Vino reloads his harpoon gun. Damn being out of Juice for a wind attack.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-12-02 at 12:37 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Mother-Soon's Journey

The children gasp in amazement. "But you look so young!" Starcrest says, flabbergasted. To them, 32 was when a Wolfen started getting gray muzzles and started to turn old!

Waterstrider holds up his missing paw and the muscles move as if he's tightening a fist. <Sadly, it is not that impressive of a story, but I'll gladly tell of it, and of what happened to us. We haven't missed the holiday, have we?>

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

Mother-Soon's journey

Second girl gives him a flirtatious nip. <"Have you grown too civilized to read the stars? It starts tomorrow. Though with your return, I hope Dawnrunner will let us begin early."> The name Dawnrunner was accompanied by body language and ear position that indicates she is the tribe's new alpha.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mother-Soon's Journey]

Renetta giggles. "Thirty two isn't very old for elves. I'm barely an adult." She's used to other species developing faster, or at least humans.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Mother-Soon's Journey

"But you're almost as old as our Elders!"
    Black Stripes exclaims, still disbelieving it.

Waterstrider flicks his ear in embarrassment at the nip and goes back to paying most of his attention to the mule. <We won't be here for too long. I wanted to have her see this before we leave again.>

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Mother Soon's Journey

Second Girl laughs at his reaction. <"Don't worry, I can tell you're taken. Besides, I have plenty of other males to choose from for my first mating.">

They can probably see the simple huts of the tribe's winter quarters coming in view now.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mother-Soon's Journey]

"You're not calling me old, are you?" Renetta says jokingly. "I think you're just going to have to trust me on this one."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Mother-Soon's Journey

The cubs settle down around Renetta, staying quiet as they watch the hills roll past, and if Renetta is paying attention, she'll see a large group of thatch huts appear over the next hill. There's dozens of Wolfen moving about, each one doing something to prepare for the celebration. Among them are a few humans and even a couple goblins, all living peacefully together. The center of the village is cleared around a massive smoldering charcoal pit where a large cauldron rests in the center, something cooking within. The smell of cooking meat reaches them even this far, and Waterstrider can't help but drool a bit.

The cubs too.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mother-Soon's Journey]

Renetta doesn't have quite the same reaction, though she certainly could eat if she was offered food. For the time being, however, she'll just look around curiously.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Coffin Hunting

*pokes SC and Ghar*

Mother-Soon's Journey

At the top of the hill, Second Girl stops and, in a series of howls and yips, announces Waterstrider's arrival. She then races off into the village on all fours, giving him a saucy wiggle of her tail, that's almost an invitation, as a farewell. It's probably lucky that Renetta was distracted by the children, or even the conversation happening in Wolfen and the body language being unfamiliar to her couldn't have kept her from noticing how incorrigibly Second Girl was flirting with her man.

People gather around as the carriage is led into the village, but since I'm not sure what family Waterstrider has here, and which of them he wants to play himself, I'll pause for now.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

[Coffin Hunting]

Durin pursues the werewolf, steadily and with his weapon ready. Finally, an enemy with fresh blood. Durin's fangs elongate and his hands twist into claws. He doesn't lose himself to his thirst, however. Not just yet. The drowpire tries to suddenly close the distance between then and lash out with his sword in a horizontal arc.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Coffin Hunting]

The man lets out a snarling-howl of fury as he gets harpooned in the chest. The curse takes hold on him, but quickly fizzles out afterward as the man's body begins to change. With horrific noises, his bones change shape within his body and he begins to sprout hair everywhere. The harpoon is violently ejected from his chest, with the gaping wound beginning to stitch itself up magically (though nowhere near fast enough to heal it up completely, so it's still gross).

Where the man stood, a gigantic silver-furred wolf crouches on four legs, glaring at the three of them with mad yellow eyes. The werewolf shrugs off the robe the man was wearing and jumps away from Durin and his readied weapon with a snarl.
    [Coffin Hunting]

A wolfman huh? Astrana quickly takes up the glove and summons the iron hand. It might not be a silver hand but it will do.

She then let's it float in the air, ready to strike the werewolf once it decides to attack one of them.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

[Coffin Hunting]

With another snarl of rage, the huge wolf ducks under the horizontal strike. Since it's so big, it gets clipped by the blade on the top of its head and across one of its ears, but the werewolf doesn't seem to be bothered by the blood dripping down in its eyes. With supernatural speed, the wolf counterattacks by darting its head forward and trying to bite Durin's sword-arm. With a bone-crushing bite it will attempt to rip off the arm, disable it, or at least gore it.

Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

Coffin Hunting

Vino moves so that he's alongside the wolf and in little danger of hitting Durin, and shoots the harpoon gun. If it hits the way he's aiming, it should pierce its chest perpendicular to its spine.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

[Coffin Hunting]

Durin's forearm is caught in the werewolf's jaws. He hisses in pain and the bite tears up his arm quite a bit before he dissolves into a cloud of smoke and starts to drift backward.

28. - Top - End - #478

[Coffin Hunting]

As Durin dissolves into mist Astrana attempts to uses her iron hand to smash the werewolf into the wall and then tries to curse him again to slow him down a bit.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

[Coffin Hunting]

The werewolf coughs when Durin turns into smoke. Then it gets smashed by the iron hand! It doesn't quite get pressed into a wall, being a giant wolf, but it does yelp and falter to the side. Unfortunately, the impact of the iron throws off the werewolf's positioning, and the harpoon just misses its spine. The weapon does embed itself deep in the monster's side, though, which pains it even more. The curse once again only takes a small hold on the werewolf, as it is naturally resistant to most magics.

The huge wolf leaps once more, this time trying to maul Astrana. It aims to open up her face with its slavering jaws.

Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Mother-Soon's Journey

A small crowd of children rush behind the wagon, all looking in and giving a series of yips, yowls, ear flicks, and comments in broken common, and the three in the back of the carriage reply in similar ways, making the entire group seem extremely excited.

Waterstrider stops them at the center of the village where a pair of adult Wolfen await. The most obvious is a large male with dark red fur. Like most Alphas, he has many scars on his body, causing odd patches of fur to be missing. He stands right behind a somewhat shorter female with silver fur, and everything about his stance says she's his superior.

As soon as Waterstrider stops, he helps Renetta out, giving the kids a quick Wolfen growl to get them to keep from crowding her, and he'll gently guide her to stand in front of the group of Elders, where he kneels in front of them, fully submissive. "This is <Mother-Soon> Renetta." He explains. "Renetta, these are Alpha Dawnrunner and her mate, Alpha Preysense."

Whisper Plot

Pathfinder sets a paw on Whisper's shoulder, to comfort her and keep her under control as they approach the town.