New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Beachside]

The lifeguard better be quick about it, because out on the ocean, someone is fishing for sharks! In a tiny little coracle. With their bare hands. While wearing full plate armor.
    Yes, it is Johannes.

His sharp hearing hears the wave crash against the shore in the distance. His keen, eaglelike eyes spot Moff 101 getting swept away out to sea by the undertow. His Manly, heroic instincts decide that action must be taken! Dropping his bucket of chum into the water that is by now churning with shark fins, he stands quickly, heedless of the dangerous tilting of his coracle as he dives, in full plate armor, to save Moff! Needless to say, he is an exceptionally good swimmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside]

Tina decides to scooch off her stool and follow Kirk a short ways. She gives a little laugh at the two of them, content merely to listen for now.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

"Not quite yet." Kirk gives her a smile, completely unfazed. "And I thought you said I could trust you with my hat. I think you'd have trouble returning it if it drifted out to sea." He walks over to Dena and tries to put the hat on her head. She may suddenly be aware that it is half full of water.

"And Jezebel, so nice to see you again." He'll turn to look at her with obvious admiration just as soon as Dena has reacted to the hat.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside

Johannes might have some competition going for that Moff. Misha has had her eyes on it for a while, and now is her time to strike.

Oh, sorry, his time to strike. Considerate of what she's noticed of Moff's preferences, the nereid has assumed a slim male form, to better seduce, bewitch, and probably drown Moff 101 once Misha can get him back to shore.

Looks like they might be neck and neck trying to save this one. Misha can move extremely fast in his natural element, so Johannes' burly muscles and improbable abilities might not avail him this time.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #845

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Beachside]

She smiles at that, giving a small nod.
    "Of course, Maggy."
    This is something Libby would be all too willing to do!

And then wave!
    More specifically, wave that makes Magtok grab her hand!
    He trusts me to protect him!
    There's a small cheer inside the reaper's head, not bothering to point out that said trust is unneeded and for probably selfish purposes. She doesn't care.
    He trusts her. And is holding her hand again.

Smile growing ever bigger, Libby stands tall at his side, trying to be the figure of safety she feels he desires.
    "Everything will be okay."
    No tidal wave is gonna wash them away!
    Even if it wasn't a danger in the first place!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Beachside

A few Moffs appear near the dunes, stepping out of the Yellow Road. "Maaaaaggy!" One of them calls. "We need your help to settle a bet!"

Beachside

Magtok fights the urge to to scowl, dismiss the Moff shenanigans, and call them hilariously rude and insulting names. You're too drunk for that right now, Magtok, remember? The best you could probably come up with is some crude amalgamation of 'jerk' and '****'. Also, mistrusting people and circumstances and situations has gotten you nothing but trouble lately. Clearly the solution is to trust everybody and everything and hope nobody takes advantage of that blatant disregard for his own safety!

"Sure, what do you need?"

As much as it might bother Magtok to hold Libby's hand whilst someone else can see him doing so, it's clearly the safest option he has right n-

...Is that Jezebel down there? Is she naked? Is she naked and glistening? How does that even work, anyway? I mean, how does one manage to both be a cult leader and a secret sparkly vampire in the Nexus at the same time? More importantly, is there a way to murder the individual who won her auction, subsequently do the same to the person who bid the second-highest, and then-

QUICK STOP OGLING THE VAMPIRE DEMON QUEEN OR LIBBY WILL NOTICE AND BITE YOUR FACE OFF!

Magtok blinks, and then turns his attention back to the Moffs. Nope, certainly wasn't any ogling going on over here just a moment ago!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-12 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

Misha, JOHANNES!, and The Lifeguard all converge underwater on the unconscious and drowning Moff. Who will win the race? STAY TUNED!

(Which is to say it's up to the three players involved. Moff is unconscious and can't pick the hottest one to rescue him. )

Meanwhile, the Moffs try to pull and push Magtok away from Libby and towards the water. "Great! This won't take long! You'll be back and ogling the naked cult lady in no time!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #847

Beachside
    The lifeguard, having arrived on his majestic lifeguard surf board, dives into the water expertly. As he arrives next to Moff he puts his arm underneath Moff's armpit and around his chest, and then tried to swim for the surface, and more importantly his surfboard. Unless someone decides to stop him though.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-12 at 05:16 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #848

[Beachside]

Well.

This is pretty terrible.

By now Freddy has managed to drain all the water out of himself.

Or at least the vast majority of it.

Still feels like there's some sloshing around in one of his feet and he can't seem to get it out. Stupid water...

He rises quite shakily, stumbling a bit as he steps. Everything feels so cold... and the damn ground won't stop spinning. Really wishes it would.

"Uugh... I really don't feel that well..." the demon-fox mumbles.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #849

Beachside

Misha swims off, turning back into water so that she can torment the beach and the players no longer.

Beachside - Near Aeia

Bark was hardly phased at all by the wave, driven into the damp sand a few inches and back a few feet, but he's still sitting in the same position, with his knees up to his chest, staring out at the waves.

One would think he hardly blinked at all while underwater, and they'd probably be right.

"Are... you alright, Su- Aeia?"
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-04-12 at 05:06 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

The Part-Daemon gives a chuckle at Shae. "There's no need for a drink if all you want to do is look at me." She tells him. "You can even lay with me if you wish." Jezebel beckons by patting the ground next to her before looking up at the Kirk.

"Hello, Kirk."
    Jezebel tells him with a smile before propping herself up on her elbows, likely providing a decent show for him. "Hope you like what you see. After all, you did win me for 48 hours." She tells him with a smirk. Spying Magtok, she turns to give him a warm smile and small wave as well.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Aeia coughs once more and sits up. "No." She says in a croaky voice. She's soaked, has breathed in way too much water, and is caked in sand. This is in now way good.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beachside

*Splut* And Dena's hair go back to being drenched, hanging down right over her eyes.

"...I'm going to make you dry-clean my hair with your lungs once I call my slave bet on you." She states while brushing back her hair again, placing the hat on the ground besides her.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-12 at 06:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #853

[Beachside]

Because he's currently caught in deadtime elsewhere, Aiden's plotclone is heading to the beach, specifically to the bar. Unlike most of the people there, he's fully dressed, even in his day coat. He should probably be pretty darn hot in that.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Halfling in the Playground

Beachside

Tina giggles at the drow. "Now Kirk, that wasn't very nice." She moves to his side, smiling at Dena. "Here he told me you two were friends." Tina glances toward Jezebel, obviously impressed, and flashes a friendly smile. Public nudity doesn't really faze her.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-12 at 09:39 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Seeing that Moff is in capable, though slightly less Manly hands, Johannes goes back to his fishing!
    Woop woop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Push and pull?
    Well, they're certainly entitled to that, she supposes.
    But Libby will be following along, just in case.
    Knowing Magtok, something either horrible or amusing is going to happen.

She'd hate to miss either.

"I will be near, Maggy."
    Probably won't interfere unless something dangerous happens though, to play her part as his safety, but also her job as general neutrality.

If Magtok releases her hand due to the Moffs, so be it.
    It won't really deter her from attempting to stick close.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk just laughs at Dena. It was well worth the repercussions that are bound tome come later.

"Believe me, I didn't forget." He replies to Jezebel. He looks her over once more. Honestly, how could he?

Oh, and here's Fettina. "Ah. Fettina, Dena. Dena, Fettina. Fettina, Jezebel. Jezebel, Fettina. Now we're all acquainted." It really has been too long since he's spent time with Fettina if he had to introduce Dena.

18. - Top - End - #858

Beachside

Magtok loses his grip on Libby's hand around the second or third tug away from her. He probably could've held on a little longer, if he really tried.

"I wasn't ogling her! I just...she sparkled! I didn't!"

Yeah, nobody's going to believe that, Mag. Not even Libby, drunk as she is, will fall for such a stupidly terrible attempt at deception. Hell, even Jezebel noticed you, Maggy. You are the worst date in the world, you know that? Ogling naked women whilst holding the hand of another, temporarily less naked one? Just the absolute worst.

Even so, the cyborg is not beyond giving Libby one last worried, 'please don't let them kill me' look just before he's dragged off and lobbed into the briny blue. As if all it takes is some sad little puppy dog eyes to atone for what he just did only a moment ago. As if he somehow doesn't genuinely deserve this long, downward spiral of shame and embarrassment that has dogged him throughout the entire date. Like it's somehow going to stop the Moffs from throwing him into the shore.

SPLASH!

In he goes! The good news is that if there was any sand still stuck to his face, it's gone now. The bad news is that his robes are soaking wet. The worst news is that once the tin man picks himself back up, there's no immediately obvious signs of rust or damage anywhere on the shivering cyborg. Someone's probably lost some money, assuming that's what they were betting on.

"Blurgh. Was that it, or is there more to this nonsense?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-12 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside

"One hot dog with relish, and one corn dog with mustard,"
    Moff 104 says. These are quickly prepared, and Skaan and Moff acquire lunch. Hurray! "Come on, let's get you something to drink," Moff offers, leading her to the drinks hut.

I have no idea how a mute crab girl would behave if she got drunk on God-drinks.
    [Beachside - Drinks Hut]

Skaan has not had much contact with alcohol. People don't tend to leave much of that left in the bottles they leave lying around, and it's uncertain what they would do to someone with crab-girl biology anyway. What effect does the combination of crab and woman have on drinking?

Still, Skaan happily follows along as she enjoys the hot dog! Warm, fresh food! What a treat! Her new friend certainly is very nice.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

Beachside

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Beachside
    The lifeguard, having arrived on his majestic lifeguard surf board, dives into the water expertly. As he arrives next to Moff he puts his arm underneath Moff's armpit and around his chest, and then tried to swim for the surface, and more importantly his surfboard. Unless someone decides to stop him though.
    And so Moff 101 is rescued. Hurray! Still unconscious, but as I'm assuming the Lifeguard will do lifeguardy things to get the water out of his lungs, he'll life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Beachside

The Part-Daemon gives a chuckle at Shae. "There's no need for a drink if all you want to do is look at me." She tells him. "You can even lay with me if you wish." Jezebel beckons by patting the ground next to her before looking up at the Kirk.

"Hello, Kirk."
    Jezebel tells him with a smile before propping herself up on her elbows, likely providing a decent show for him. "Hope you like what you see. After all, you did win me for 48 hours." She tells him with a smirk. Spying Magtok, she turns to give him a warm smile and small wave as well.
    Shae happily lays down next to Jezebel, propped up on one elbow, to admire her. When introductions start happening, he pipes up with, "And I am Shae! Very pleased to meet so many mortals."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    SPLASH!

In he goes! The good news is that if there was any sand still stuck to his face, it's gone now. The bad news is that his robes are soaking wet. The worst news is that once the tin man picks himself back up, there's no immediately obvious signs of rust or damage anywhere on the shivering cyborg. Someone's probably lost some money, assuming that's what they were betting on.

"Blurgh. Was that it, or is there more to this nonsense?"

"Well, that's part of the bet,"
    the Moffs say, some of them exchanging money. "The other is can you swim with all that metal attached to you." And they will try to drive him towards deeper water to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    [Beachside - Drinks Hut]

Skaan has not had much contact with alcohol. People don't tend to leave much of that left in the bottles they leave lying around, and it's uncertain what they would do to someone with crab-girl biology anyway. What effect does the combination of crab and woman have on drinking?

Still, Skaan happily follows along as she enjoys the hot dog! Warm, fresh food! What a treat! Her new friend certainly is very nice.
    "Yo, drinks guy. Get my friend here something fruity and delicious."

Skaan is served a fruity cocktail with a mild amount of alcohol - just enough to add a kick to the flavour of what is otherwise a mixture of fruit juices. Possibly enough to get a normal human a bit tipsy, if they were unaccustomed to alcohol, but not staggering drunk.

((If I have missed anyone, please poke me in OOC. ))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #861

Beachside - Ocean
    The lifeguard drags Moff 101 onto the surfboard, and begins to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #862

[Beachside]

Poor Freddy...

Seems this party is agreeing with him very well.

He sits there on the beach, shivering and generally looking miserable. Maybe someone could offer him a towel? A towel would be great right now. Though it would probably smell like wet dog by the time he's done using it. Just one of those sacrifices that must be made sometimes...

"So... uuh..." he comments to the Moff trying to revive Butler. "Will he be alright?"

Hopefully!

Because otherwise all the people he's been talking to will be either dead or missing.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Well this seems like a largely unnecessary and pointless exercise.
    Silly little creatures, these are.

"It will be easier without the robe..."
    Wet normal clothes make swimming hard enough, but a wet robe?
    That'd be a pain.

Faintly curious as to why Magtok doesn't try harder to resist, Libby offers an encouraging smile to the cyborg.
    She won't let you drown, if you can't swim!
    Might also murder everyone here if you get eaten by a shark.

...nah.
    Tempting though.
    "Good luck, Maggy dear."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

[Beachside - Bar]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Lellienth nods, chuckling as well.

"Indeed it is. Water may be nice, but not that much of it hitting you at once. Especially if you're wearing clothes."
    "Very true!" Erin grins, and orders a pair of pina coladas.
    With extra pinas!
    ...before raising an eyebrow at the Moffmob mingling around Magtok.
    "Wonder what they're up to?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Beachside - Ocean
    The lifeguard drags Moff 101 onto the surfboard, and begins to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
    Yay! Moff is saved! And by a smoking hawt lifeguard too. "HeLLOOOOO NURSE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Beachside]

Poor Freddy...

Seems this party is agreeing with him very well.

He sits there on the beach, shivering and generally looking miserable. Maybe someone could offer him a towel? A towel would be great right now. Though it would probably smell like wet dog by the time he's done using it. Just one of those sacrifices that must be made sometimes...

"So... uuh..." he comments to the Moff trying to revive Butler. "Will he be alright?"

Hopefully!

Because otherwise all the people he's been talking to will be either dead or missing.

"I don't know. His player hasn't posted yet. Butler, please be okay..."
    Moff 4 says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Beachside - Bar]

"Very true!" Erin grins, and orders a pair of pina coladas.
    With extra pinas!
    ...before raising an eyebrow at the Moffmob mingling around Magtok.
    "Wonder what they're up to?"
    "It looks," the drowess replies, sounding somewhat bemused, "like they're trying to herd him into the ocean?"

When their drinks arrive, she accepts hers with a nod of thanks, cautiously sipping at the unfamiliar beverage.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

[Beachside - Bar]

"Can't be. They're Moffs. And doing that would be doing a Good Thing," Erin quips, taking a rather deeper drink of her own drink.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #868
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Beachside]

"Wow, there is another person who can stand Kirk for more then five minutes at the time?" Dena says with an look at Fettina. "I bow before you're diligence sister." She says with a little bow as she stands up.

29. - Top - End - #869

Yay! Moff is saved! And by a smoking hawt lifeguard too. "HeLLOOOOO NURSE!"
    Beachside
    The smoking hawt lifeguard in question raises an eyebrow.
    "Er...what?"0_0
    He doesn't get what he just walked into by giving Moff mouth to mouth.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

His player tried to make it pretty clear he would be fine, just had the wind knocked out of him.

And now it's patted back in.

"I'm... good... ma'am, sir." Butler says in between deep breaths.

"Are you ok, ma'am, sir?"

Butler would offer a towel, but his is rather soaked. I don't think it'd be very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.