New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[House - Inside]

"Drop your weapons, and get on the ground." Latas yells, moving towards Sophie and Charlie. She tries to keep an eye on Susan, as well- she's got a knife out, after all, and it looks like she is ready to use (again). If no one else looks like they're going to try anything, she'll attempt to break Sophie and Charlie apart, though if Susan looks like she is going to try something again with that knife, she just might get shot.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2011-10-29 at 04:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Whisper's Plot

A Forest Outside

Pathfinder smiles tiredly at her before wincing at a pain in his wrist. For a moment he puts it off to the cut in his paw, but then realizes that it is on the wrong one. He looks down at his left wrist, twinging once more at a sharp pain in it before it vanishes as if it never happened. There's a touch of worry in his expression as he realizes what must have occurred, and he looks up towards the clouds. <Be strong, brother...> He whispers into the wind.

After a sigh, he turns back to the little girl traveling with him. "We still have a while to go, but if you give me a few minutes to rest, I can go on." He tells her. A few hours, let alone minutes, wouldn't undo the damage done to him, but he could push through the exhaustion. For her sake.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-10-29 at 09:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

[Whisper's Plot]

Whisper nods. She knows that using witchery makes thems tired. She remembers seeing how tired Grass-bringer would get sometimes. "Rest by the grass." she orders him, and disappears into the grassy clump.

A few moments later, a prairie dog suddenly emerges from the grass, looking rather confused. Whisper herself doesn't reappear.

[Charlie's Plot]

The nervous woman immediately drops to the ground. Susan tries to grab the elderly man with an arm around his throat to use him as a human shield. Her knife is embedded in the floor, and she can't get it out in time to use it.

Charlie is punched in the face and tries to grab Sophie's wrist and fall backwards, pulling her down on top of him.

Tex, who had followed Linda out of the front room, hears the shouting and moves back, drawing his pistol, creeping along the hallway and trying not to be detected. He can't be seen yet, but he might be detected by other means.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Sophie is grabbed, but aims a kick at Charlie's stomach before he can drag her down with him.
    The Innocent tries to creep into the room slowly, keeping her concealment Edge up.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-10-30 at 06:30 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Unfortunately for Susan, moving a gun is far easier than picking someone up and using them as a shield. A quick redirection of her aim allows Latas to fire off a pair of shots at her, aimed well above the old man- it might miss, but at least it won't hit the wrong target. The shot, if it does hit, will likely hit at the shoulder.

Latas keeps her gun up and begins redirecting her attention to the other knife wielders and also to Sophie and Charlie- but the distraction of Susan means she's going to take a bit to resolve that conflict.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Whisper's Plot - A Forest

Pathfinder smiles tiredly when he sees the gift from Whisper. Several minutes later, he's wiping the blood from his mouth, somewhat reinvigorated by the meal and sets the remains aside and out of sight to wait for Whisper to return.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

[Whisper's Plot]

Whisper will let Pathfinder rest as long as he needs to. When he seems ready to move on, she'll pop out of the grass.

[Charlie's Plot]

Susan is shot. Ow! And this being a rather realistic plot, she simply drops like a brick, even though the wound isn't immediately life-threatening. She lands atop the elderly man, and doesn't move.

Sophie and Charlie continue to struggle, probably making it impossible for someone to get a clean shot at either. Which is why Tex will shoot at Soldier Girl instead of at Sophie, when he peers out from a doorway and fires.

The Innocent remains unseen.

And footsteps are heard above, as a young man, in his late teens, runs down the stairs, reaching the landing which can be seen from the room, and calling out "GRANDFATHER!!!!"

Spoiler
    Show

(Rough sketch of room. Feel free to godmod the existence of furniture, etc or complain at me if it doesn't look like you think it should. )

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

As someone born of the dragon's blood, and put through years of strict military training, Latas has honed awareness and reflexes. Therefore, she notes Tex and his weapon as he comes around the corner, and actually manages to turn her gun partially towards him before getting shot.

Truly, her skill knows no bounds.

However, her turn does offset Tex's aim somewhat, and she takes the shot in her gun arm. While this does mean she'll probably will recover from the wound (given opportunity), it also means she drops her gun. Gritting her teeth against the pain, she dives towards the wall to out of his immediate range, though this leaves her without real cover or a weapon...

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

The Innocent rushes Tex, and tries to knock the gun out of his hand using the advantage of surprise. Hopefully it'll offset her lack of skill in hand-to-hand combat.
    Sophie keeps trying to punch and kick Charlie into submission. At one point, her eyes flash white and a punch will be thrown at Charlie's nose with uncanny precision, as if Sophie knew where it'd be at that moment.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Charlie's Plot

Tex's hand is knocked aside, and his wrist slammed hard against the doorjamb, but he doesn't drop the gun yet. "Where the **** did you come from?" Tex yells.

Charlie is punched hard in the nose. *CRUNCH* Blood gushing everywhere, and he's stunned.

Stupid the grandson runs down the stairs towards his grandfather, pushing Susan off and checking on him.

Nervous Woman sees the gun skitter across the ground towards her and goes to pick it up.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Whisper's Plot

Fifteen minutes later, as Pathfinder promised, he gets up slowly, using his spear as a walking stick. "Whisper, I'm ready."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Blood spills down the arm of Soldier Girl, and her senses go fuzzy for a moment, pain overwhelming her. The sap flowing from her wound seems to glow, a dull sheen that reflects of the surface of the broken wood not far from her. A cowardly beast moves towards a weapon, while a struggle erupted around her.

She feels the dragon's fire flow through her, and the tide of its rage bears her back to reality.

A bloodied hand slams down into the broken door, and the wood in it shatters precisely, her blood hissing as it flashes across it, burning the wood into the proper shapes. Five arrows erupt from the force of her blow in an instant, aimed precisely to pierce the skin and clothing of the nervous woman, pinning her to any nearby surfaces with minimal damage, while one is aimed to knock the gun away from her.

Soldier Girl rises, clutching her bloody arm with her opposite hand, while a green glow begins to rise around her.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Sophie aims another kick at Charlie for good measure, then turns to the Nervous Woman. Stay away from that gun! She has no idea who the shooter accompanying Julia is, but she assumes she's from Remnant.
    Julia tries to press her advantage and punch Tex in the jaw, not feeling obliged to answer.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Whisper's Plot

"You have enough rest?" Whisper asks.

Charlie's Plot

Nervous Woman is ... splintered to the wall. "I'm sorry I'm sorry" she babbles.

Charlie seems to be down for now.

Tex is punched in the jaw, but responds by trying to pistol whip Julia across the face.

Stupid grandson is trying to help his grandfather sit up. "What's going on? Get away!" he demands.

Susan's hand curls around the knife that's embedded in the floor.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Snarling, the soldier turns her face from the whimpering woman, releases her bleeding arm, and charges toward Tex and Julia. She aims to grab Tex's gun arm and slam it into the nearest wall, probably hard enough to break it. The wood in the wall (assuming there is any) will sprout new growth and reach out to grasp the arm, winding around it to hold Tex fast.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Julia is pistol-whipped in the face and stumbles backwards, bleeding from her nose, a bruise forming on her face.
    Sophie runs up to Susan and tries to pin her hand to the floor with her foot.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

[Charlie's Plot]

Susan gets the knife out and turned just as Sophie is starting her stomp, making it possible that Sophie is about to impale her own foot. (Makes me cringe just imagining it. >.< )

Soldier Girl gets hold of Tex's arm and shatters it, but not before another shot goes flying. It's not likely to hit anything at that angle. There are wooden studs under the drywall, as well as wooden trim, so Tex is held fast.

Grandfather appears to be struggling and unable to speak. Stupid Grandson is smart enough to know that Grandfather needs medical attention quickly, but not smart enough to know that yelling "Stop shooting! Get away from here! You have no right to be here!" is kind of pointless and stupid. Of course, he has no idea who the good guys and bad guys are in this situation. I don't think he's even really registered that one of the people in the room has a Remnant uniform and therefore is probably there to help.

Then he sees Latas's gun.

Stupid idea GET! He'll make everyone leave! =D He grabs for the gun.

(Amber, you have only yourself to blame for this. )
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-01 at 07:45 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Soldier Girl will attempt to pick up Tex's gun (or wrench it from his hand if he has somehow managed to keep hold of it) as she slowly regains control of herself, trying to take stock of the situation.

"Julia, get back." She warns, aiming the gun at Susan while shifting to keep her back to a wall. If someone else comes from that hallway, she's going to be ready for them.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Sophie manages to get her foot back in time, and then Latas aims a gun at Susan. Sophie, for herself, turns towards Stupid Grandson. Stay away from that gun sir, everything is under control.
    Julia, meanwhile, doesn't have to be told twice to get back. She stays in the back, clucthing her face.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Whisper's Plot

Pathfinder gives a somewhat tired nod. He was still far from good, but he'd survive. "I think we can move on now."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

[Charlie's Plot]

Susan has stopped moving, still laying on the ground with the knife in her hand. Perhaps she's unconscious?

Latas gets Tex's gun. Stupid grandson gets Latas's gun.

"It is not! It is not!" Stupid grandson yells. He points the gun wildly around, in a manner that shows he has never used one before. "Everyone get out! Get out! Get out!"

[Whisper's Plot]

Whisper isn't nearly empathic enough to recognize that he needs to rest longer. "We go get Grass-bringer now!"

Marthorne is many days travel away, though it'll be a much faster journey on foot than it was by slow moving caravan. This journey can be handwaved or cut scened or played out, whichever you prefer.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Soldier Girl carefully turns towards the grandson, not making any fast movements. She keeps her gun ready, but keeps it aimed away so as not to spook him. "Put down the gun. I'm here to help, from Remnant" Latas explains softly. "I have a medical kit on me- I can use it if you cooperate, but if you don't, I may not have the time."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

Julia remains leaning against the wall, while Sophie would like to check on Susan, but doesn't move due to Stupid Grandson's threats.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

[Charlie's Plot]

"Who are you people? Where's grandmother?" the teenager asks, nearly in tears now. He lowers the gun, but doesn't set it down. "Please, help him."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

"I saw a couple of people in a nearby room... how many people live here?" Latas asks, as she gets out her kit and moves to check on the grandfather. She'd have to do this quickly, to try and stabilize him and then deal with everything else.

One hand comes to rest lightly over the old man's heart, feeling its beat. A bit of her magic flows from the touch, spreading outward with the pulsing of blood, streaming through his body and attuning her senses to his health. It won't tell her exactly what is wrong, but might help her locate any specific problems. If he has any major injuries, whether inflicted traumatically or just from stress, she'll focus her power there, inciting his body to heal itself.

Unlike many magical healers, she can't just cure all problems with a touch, but her method can reduce their level of severity to something more manageable, largely trading the energy and resources of the body to make its current state sustainable. The cost is exhaustion, and lingering weakness, but it does allow for survival against the odds.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

I recall an elderly woman leaving the room, Sophie says, letting Latas do the healing.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

[Charlie's Plot]

"Grandma and grandpa and me and my parents - but my parents aren't home."
    the teenager says.

Latas will find that the elderly man is currently having heart pains, and that his hip was fractured when he was pulled out of his wheelchair. Plus the knife wound, but that's superficial and unimportant compared to the other problems.

I'll let you decide how much healing happens.

"What happened? Where is she? Who are all these people?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

With use of some medical supplies and some various herbs, Latas manages to coax the bone back to mending itself in a way that will only take a week or less, so long as the grandfather is cautious. The knife wound will scab over already, and the heart pains should die down.

Once that is taken care of, Latas moves to securing the various members of Charlie's cult more thoroughly. With a bit of rope and wood, she secures their hands and feet, assuming they give her no further problems. The bindings are sturdy, flexible, and have no apparent method to loose them, though they could be easily cut with a good knife and some time.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

[House - Inside]

The soldier if from Remnant and we're helping her. Those people tried to rob your grandparents, Sophie explains.
    We need to find his grandmother, Julia tells Latas, somewhat blearily.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-03 at 09:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Whisper's Plot

Pathfinder can't help but smile at her excitement. "Yes, we can." He tells her, and provided nothing special happens, he begins to guide them on their way to the town.