New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Beachside]

Kirk looks curiously at the woman. Odd that she knows his name, but it's hopefully only a matter of time before he finds out why. The drow chuckles a little and waits for her to go on.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Beachside

Shae watches Jezebel with a besotted look on his face. "Isn't she beautiful?" he asks Harnel. "She's the most beautiful mortal I ever see."

In the water, which is somehow choppy enough to allow surfing in one part of the thread while calm enough for a beginning swimmer in another part - yay for Nexus physics! - Moff strikes a sexy pose as the credits roll.

Oh wait! No, the credits can't roll yet on the cheesy 80s movie! The romance sub-plot hasn't been resolved!
    [Beachside]

"Well, I suppose so, yes," Harnel nods. It was true, Jezebel had an otherwordly beauty about her, "I don't know if it's my kind of look, though." Instead, he's thinking of Cessie at the moment
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beachside

"Since Kirk likes to take jabs at everything." Dena says while struggling to keep her head above the surface. "Bet he's going to grab my feet from below or something, that's just his style." She claims while peering at Kirk. Peeering.

[Kirk, Jezebel and Hannah]

Hannah closes her eyes entirely, seemingly blinded by the sun, "Stupid light..." She mumblers to herself when a white large brimmed hat appears-

No, Hannah always wore an white large brimmed hat ever since she appeared in in front of them. What Kirk and Jezebel remembers exactly is up to their players but there are two conflicting realities here, one with a hat and one without.

"I wanted talk with you Jezbel, but I don't mind if Kirk hears. See, I wanted to arrange a party and I heard from Harnel you were the person to talk about that." Hannah says with a smile. "I could give you something in return, like- uh, well, anything you want."

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk and Co.

Jezebel raises an eyebrow at Hannah. "What kind of party are you looking for? And what limits on what I want?" She's made pacts with daemons, so she knows to clarify things at least.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kirk, Jezebel, and Hannah]

Looks like this doesn't really involve him, aside from perhaps getting an invite if it looks interesting. The drow listens in on their conversation, but his eyes wander over to the water where Dena and Fettina are swimming. They aren't so far away that he can't see that Dena isn't having the easiest time of it. He raises his hand in a small wave, just to let her know he sees her.

6. - Top - End - #966

"Uh... I didn't know there were kinds of parties. I just wanted one." Hannah clarifies awkwardly. "And you can get anything as long as it doesn't hurt other people. Because that's bad and I don't want to do bad things." She continues with a nod.

Bad things are bad, makes perfect sense.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Beachside

Magtok raises an eyebrow.

"So you ceased doing stuff, so because of that, a bunch of things that ought to be dead were in lots of trauma and pain, then. Or something like that, or something completely totally different."

Sounds fairly deity-ish. That's how these myth things usually go, right? Someone has lots of hubris or has a really stupid idea, they go to town with it, and then ridiculously horrible consequences follow, which might or might not end up affecting the actual egomaniac responsible for them in the first pla-

Wait...she said 'long-past life goddess', right? Sounds like a lot more went wrong than just a few lowly mortal souls getting culled a few months later than they should've been. Maybe she was forced to defend hell from an army of that other one's creations, maybe? A battle-contest to see whose stuff kicks the most butt? Or maybe that other goddess's death doesn't actually have anything to do with Libby, who knows?

"So...board games? How many different Monopoly variants? I think I sold one in MagMart for a few months, Magopoly or something like that, until this creepy mustached guy and his Scottie dog came along and told me to cease and desist. I wasn't going to listen, but then he hit me with an old shoe, and told me he had a battleship with its cannons aimed at me just behind the Boardwalk, and oh my gods I only just now realized what he did there."

Only just now, Magtok? That NPC came to your store months ago!
    "Well...if she had won, I would have ceased my job, I guess.
    But she didn't, so I didn't."

And that children, is probably why Fluffy died the other day.
    "Divines were slightly more proactive with their Creations, during those days. Far more so than now."
    Days when the God of the Fields would gladly war with the Gods of Mining over something trivial like a misuse of land.
    Not a happy time, particularly when the greater deities would find a severe disagreement and rope their brothers and sisters into their own conflicts.
    "It was kind of silly and foolish. Frankly, divinity was probably equatable to childishness, with more boom."

Monopoly!
    Libby has quite a bit of Monopoly!
    She grins a little sheepishly into this topic, and pokes at the bar counter a little bit.
    "May or may not have a copy of that one...
    I think if you name it, I'll have it. Probably went kind of...overboard with my collecting."

She has all the games.
    All of them.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #968
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Beachside

"Since Kirk likes to take jabs at everything." Dena says while struggling to keep her head above the surface. "Bet he's going to grab my feet from below or something, that's just his style." She claims while peering at Kirk. Peeering.
    "Paranoid much?" Tina says jokingly. Dena's peering prompts Tina to look in Kirk's direction, and she frowns when she sees how close he and Jezebel are.

Her attention returns to Dena. "Unless he suddenly got good at magic - which I doubt, trust me - I don't think he's gonna make it over here quick enough."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #969

Beachside

The drow observes Tina as she looks at Kirk, was that a hint of jealousy? Interesting. She stops swimming around and just concentrates on staying above the surface with the help of her arms and feet to be able to focus more on the conversation.

"Trust me, a little paranoia is only healthy where I'm from. Kirk got it too, but I guess you knew that already. You two are friends right?" She asks innocently, guessing there is much more then just friendship here.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-23 at 10:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #970

Beachside

"Yeah, that's right," Tina says, some measure of envy hidden in her face and voice. If Dena's as good at reading people as Kirk is, she should be able to sense that much. "Why do you ask?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-23 at 11:41 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #971

Beachside

"I dunno, you seemed to be more then just buddies." She says with a shrug before looking at Kirk. "I mean, he's more then friends with Jezebel. At the auction he had sex with her and a few others from her cult at the same time. He's been a lot with her lately." Augh, bad idea, bad idea. Stop now.

"...but it's not like you can blame him, am I right?" Dena asks with a meaningful look at Tina.

Too late, couldn't resist could you?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-23 at 05:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh... I didn't know there were kinds of parties. I just wanted one." Hannah clarifies awkwardly. "And you can get anything as long as it doesn't hurt other people. Because that's bad and I don't want to do bad things." She continues with a nod.

Bad things are bad, makes perfect sense.

"Are you wanting something like a social party? A birthday party? Orgy? I'll need to know what you want if you want me to plan anything. That said, as for my wish, I wish I had endless stamina."
    While her reserves were great, Jezebel still gets quite tired and stressed out. It'd do wonders if she never had to worry about that.

It'd even provide a nice bonus when she full Ascended too.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    "Well...if she had won, I would have ceased my job, I guess.
    But she didn't, so I didn't."

And that children, is probably why Fluffy died the other day.
    "Divines were slightly more proactive with their Creations, during those days. Far more so than now."
    Days when the God of the Fields would gladly war with the Gods of Mining over something trivial like a misuse of land.
    Not a happy time, particularly when the greater deities would find a severe disagreement and rope their brothers and sisters into their own conflicts.
    "It was kind of silly and foolish. Frankly, divinity was probably equatable to childishness, with more boom."

Monopoly!
    Libby has quite a bit of Monopoly!
    She grins a little sheepishly into this topic, and pokes at the bar counter a little bit.
    "May or may not have a copy of that one...
    I think if you name it, I'll have it. Probably went kind of...overboard with my collecting."

She has all the games.
    All of them.

Beachside - Sandbar

Magtok frowns thoughtfully. Nobody's ever been killed by a board game before, have they? That might be useful at some point in the eventual future. Kinda boring, though. Plus, Libby seems like the sort who'd just give up Park Place and/or Boardwalk for free if you asked her just the right way for it. There's no way Monopoly'ing against her would be anything other than a pain in the butt and an embarrassingly easy win.

"Hrm. 'With more boom'. Usually that's a good thing, isn't it?"

Blergh. Yeah, usually it is. Lately all the booms and explosions haven't been happening so much, though. What gives?! Who is Magtok supposed to fight with now that Gordon is out of the way, Nexus?! C'mon, you're usually better at supplying adversaries than this, but instead the worst you've got right now is a series of preposterous accidents and embarrassing social faux pas! At the very least, that dirty bastard who sent the rats to murder Pat ought to come out and show his filthy throat somewhere Magtok can come out and slit it.

"Okay, I'm done feeling stupid and drunk and embarrassed and afraid of everything now. Let's go do something."

Like...what? It's easy to be bright and positive when you can scarcely recall what you were griping about a moment ago, and it's great to see some initiative, but that won't get you anywhere without some ideas to back it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #974

Beachside

"Says you," Tina grumbles under her breath, still watching Kirk and Jezebel. After an uncomfortable moment, her attention returns to Dena again. She sighs loudly and says, "I guess not. I... sorta had a shot with him. Blew it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised he found someone better." Tina huffs, still frowning. A bit forlorn, more than a bit irritated. "Or several someones."

She suddenly turns her annoyance on the drow. "Y'know, Dena, you're not really helping."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-23 at 11:22 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #975

Beachside

"Oh... I'm sorry." Dena says truthfully. "I never figured Kirk to be the relationship kind of guy. You obviously must have meant a lot to him if you two had something." She consoles. "More then what he have with Jezebel. Didn't you see what happened when they kissed? She was all over him but he didn't even touch her."

"Uh, I'd want the kind of party where everyone can come and have fun that get's you really popular." Hannah replies after a moment of pondering. "I can endless stamina in a lot of ways though. Any way you prefer?"

16. - Top - End - #976

Beachside

Although that should help, it only makes her feel a little worse about ruining what they could've had. "Thanks," She says anyway. "But I think he's just being, ah, classy. Y'know how he is." Kirk is nothing if not classy.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #977

Beachside

Dena got a slightly different view of him.

"Classy? Well, he's classier then Jezebel, that's for sure." She pauses a moment, here goes nothing... "Is this a bad time to tell you I have slept with him... three times?" Her eyes squint as she reveals this. "I figured you should know. Just so there is no bad blood between us. It was after you broke off of course, I didn't even know about your relationship."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-24 at 01:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #978

Beachside

Tina blinks, a little surprised about the honesty, but then just shakes her head. She had to wonder...

"No, it's not. I don't have anything against you," Tina explains with a frown. "I don't have anything against Jezebel either, not really. I just... never mind." She misses him, is what she was about to say. More than she'd care to admit.

Once again, she tries to forget about the things that trouble her. She smirks mildly at Dena, asking in jest, "Gods damn it, though, does he sleep with every woman he meets?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-24 at 01:17 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #979

Beachside

"No, just the hot ones." Dena replies with a wry smile.

"Seriously though, I had Kirk figured for a 'loose man' which I don't mean in a completely negative sense." She gestures towards the other drow in the distance. "I just mean he seems like the kind of guy who likes to sleep around a lot and have the ability to pull it off. That's why I was so surprised when I learned you had a relationship with him. Guess I don't know him as well as I thought I did." She glances at Kirk once again.

She doesn't want to push Tina about the details of their break-up though even if she's very curious right now.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-24 at 04:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside - Sandbar]

Silly Magtok, one should never underestimate Death when it comes to games and contests. With certain exceptions, losing is rather heavily in the court of the mortals. Divinity and millennia of practice offer quite the advantages...

Or maybe that's just a story she always tells to people, to discourage them from contesting her for their souls.
    Seems to work most of the time, truth or no.
    That fear, again, their fear born of mortal ignorance.

Libby smiles at Magtok's belief in "boom".
    That is rather to his character, and one of many things that entices her to him. Showmen do love their extravagance and explosions are quite the excess.
    "Often good, in saner hands. I rather enjoy yours, at least."
    The old gods were not in that category.

Onwards to something else!
    For producing the idea of the date, you would think the cyborg would have a slightly more clear game-plan.
    Although, her nudge to come to this party probably disorganized whatever he had in mind...
    What would he want? Probably something "exciting", or silly, or both. For his frequent protesting, Magtok seems to enjoy having those in his life.
    "Could always throw paint balloons at arrogant jerks."

Libby is not good at this.
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #981

Beachside

"No, just the hot ones." Dena replies with a wry smile.

"Seriously though, I had Kirk figured for a 'loose man' which I don't mean in a completely negative sense." She gestures towards the other drow in the distance. "I just mean he seems like the kind of who likes to sleep around a lot and have the ability to pull it off. That's why I was so surprised when I learned you had a relationship with him. Guess I don't know him as well as I thought I did." She glances at Kirk once again.

She doesn't want to push Tina about the details of their break-up though even if she's very curious right now.
    "Yeah, well, don't judge him too quick," Tina says, starting to swim out a little farther. She watches the horizon, still frowning. "Let's just say he's not the only one." The pianist seems fine talking about it, if a bit hesitantly. Best to talk with someone.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-24 at 04:53 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #982

Beachside

Dena attempts to swim after Tina with moderate success, she have to stop to be able to talk however, fighting to keep up. She raises an eyebrow at the pianists reply, "Ah... so if you don't mind me asking, I'm guessing it's the reason you two broke up?" She cheating on Kirk? That's not the way she had expected it to end, that's for sure.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside - Sandbar

"Enjoy my explosions, or my hands?"

Magtok childishly sticks his tongue out at Libby, before shaking his head with a considerably more serious look on his face.

"No, Pat and some other clone threw rotten fruit at Warwick for their second date. He'd totally call me out on stealing his thing or something, even if it was your idea. Especially if it was your idea, even."

MagClones are silly like that. In the absence of apocalypses to fight and wars to win, they squabble amongst themselves like children, looking for anything and everything to claim as their private legacy and personal triumph to add to the ever-expanding cult of eternity that is Magtok. It's petty, ridiculous, and probably counter-productive to the unit as a whole, but without anyone to punch in the face, they have to find something to occupy their time.

"We should still do something to arrogant jerks, though."

Like maybe that booze god. He is the biggest jerk somehow, and totally deserves paint balloons or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #984

Beachside

"Yeah. I haven't really been in a lot of long-term relationships. It was good, for while, then I got drunk with a couple friends and... y'know," Tina says simply. No real excuse for it, really. She isn't even telling the whole truth - being drunk by the end had nothing to do with her mistakes. She sighs. "It's okay. I like my freedom, too, it's just that... I don't know. I look at him and wonder how it would've gone."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-24 at 11:56 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk and Co.

"That's really any of those parties. You need to be somewhat specific."
    Jezebel informs the wish-master. "And I mean I wish I had unending stamina as in I never get tired. With no unintended negative effects, please."

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

"Well, I think I'll leave you two to talk. I'll see you again soon, Jezebel." Kirk gives her a wink and starts heading toward Dena and Fettina.

If their attention is directed away from him as he approaches, Kirk's going to have a little fun. He'll walk most of the way, but before he reaches them he'll slip into the water and under the surface. A couple moments later and Dena might feel someone tug at her ankle.

Otherwise he'll just approach the boring way.

27. - Top - End - #987

Co without Kirk

((Not enough time to post here. I'll post when I get back.))

[Beachside]

Dena smiles a bit to herself, imagining how silly it would be for Kirk and her to start a relationship like that. Neither of them wanted it, Kirk after a failed one and her... well, she was too screwed up for any real relationship to work.

"Think it would have lasted? I mean, with kids and stuff?" Kids? *shudder*
    Now that was something to imagine, her and Kirk's kids. "Can't really imagine him in that-" And suddenly something tugs at her ankle and since she at least was aware someone was coming up from behind she quickly draws a conclusion, "Kirk- damn it!" She shouts in a close-to-panic voice, her feet kicking fanatically around her in the water as she attempts to keep afloat.

28. - Top - End - #988

[Beachside]

"Kids? No wa--" Tina begins incredulously, turning to look at Dena. Of course, she stops to find the poor drow struggling to stay afloat. And... Kirk's no longer on the beach. That sneaky bastard.

Tina laughs a little, all the same. "He really is mean."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk releases Dena's leg and surfaces a moment later. "Hello ladies." He says, acting completely innocent. The drow, unlike Dena, has certainly been swimming before. He stays afloat with little effort. "Having some trouble, Dena?"

30. - Top - End - #990
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside - Sandbar]

Magtok was teasing!
    Not freaking out about something or plotting doom!
    Teasing!

This somehow seems very peculiar to Libby.
    But a positive peculiar.
    Enough so to make her smile a bit more! She's getting really good at flopping in and out of good/bad moods around Maggy.

Hopefully he doesn't think she's bipolar.
    "Okay...so no throwing stuff.
    Um. Hm."

What could they do that won't get them in (excessive) trouble? A question that would be complicated immensely by Dio being chosen as the target.
    "Could always steal that one fellow's sand catapult."
    Absentee Spirit