New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1390
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Beachside]

"Oh hey. Found her."

Tina's not very good at hiding for long! She should never play Hide n' Seek, if she's just gonna keep tackling people like this.

Was Libby supposed to get in the way of that?
    ...eh.
    She was probably resetting the catapult or something. Definitely not taking one step away from Maggy and just watching him get tackled.
    "Defend with your legs!"

One of her ears flicks slightly in the direction of Dena during all of this, heralding a faintly annoyed look on her face. Someone is cranky in all the not-entertaining ways.
    That can be dealt with after ensuring that Tina isn't going to hurt Maggy. Too much.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside

"Defend what with my what?"

Magtok turns his head towards Libby, about to ask her what that weird blob of water is doing, zipping so fast out of the sea like that. By the time he opens his mouth, however, he's already gone. He hits the ground like a sack of bricks, kicking up a large cloud of sand when he does so. Yeowch. I think he's in for a world of hurt, as soon as he realizes what just happened.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-05-08 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk emerges from the water just in time to watch Maggy get knocked off his feet. The drow laughs and applauds. This he enjoys. Maggy could use the odd smacking around. *nodnod*

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Halfling in the Playground

Beachside

Tina sits up on top of Magtok, above the small cloud of floating sand, and scowls down at him. Her face flickers and turns fully solid, making her displeasure with the cyborg quite obvious. She puts half-visible hands on her transparent hips and says, "I oughta throttle you, Magtok."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-08 at 11:22 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beachside

Dena doesn't laugh but she claps her hands and grins as she see the cyborg being knocked off his feet. She had another goal in mind though, just in case anything happened. Her cloak.

Seeing the two tumbling around in the sand she goes to her spot to pick it up while the others are busy with their argument.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

I outta throttle you.

Libby has heard the words preceding many murders, accidental slayings, and unfortunate deaths.
    These were not those words.

Precedent says Maggy should be fine.

The reaper gives a small little smile to no one in particular, then looks off in the direction of Kirk and Dena.
    "I will be nearby, Maggy."
    She has not forgotten her promise.

With that little assurance, more to herself than anyone else, she drifts off to go intercept Dena at her cloak.
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

"Maggy, it's been too long." Kirk saunters over to Maggy and Tina, an amused smirk decorating his features. You'd think he wasn't slightly sticky all over.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Beachside

Magtok tries to smile back at the duo, hiding his nervous suspicion that things are about to go very horribly wrong for him in the next two minutes.

"Not long enough, some might argue. Not me, of course, I love iceber...I mean hanging out."

His gaze turns back towards the very unsettling torpedo woman on top of him. Or are there three of her? It's hard to tell, with the way his aching head is distorting things right now.

"So could I maybe talk you down to...let's say, just a couple punches to the ribs? I mean, this whole thing was Libby's idea, really. The goddess of death over there, that is. I forget what pantheon. Anyways, I was going to suggest firing the bartender out of the catapult thing, maybe, but her idea sounded better at the time. Now? Maybe not so much."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #1089

Sandbar

"*cough*Roman!*cough*" Dio, proving he's almost certainly shamelessly eavesdropping on the last hilarious thing to happen on the beach. Whether or not that means he heard Maggy's admission of preferred ammo remains to be seen.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Beachside

What was that about an iceberg? Tina gives Kirk a brief, slightly confused glance, then returns her attention to the troublesome cyborg.

"I don't want you shooting bartenders at people either!" Tina says, pointing a finger at Magtok's shiny red eye. She attempts to prod it, having been a bit curious what it's made off. "Where do you even get a catapult on the beach?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-09 at 11:55 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Kirk just shrugs in response to Fettina's glance. Clearly he has no idea what Maggy is talking about. In any case, he's just observing amusedly for the time being.

12. - Top - End - #1092

[Beachside]

One of Dena's eyebrows arch as she see Libby approaching her cloak, "What? You're going to steal my stuff now that you threw goo at me? An advice sister, back off. I'm not going to waste anymore time on you if you don't." She says while slowly approaching her cloak, ready to spring if Libby would decide to try to nab it from her.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-10 at 01:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Silly Kirk.
    He shouldn't try to deny things when at least three people here know what Maggy is talking about.
    Can lead to embarrassment.

Meanwhile, further paranoid-hostility from Dena.
    There's that faint look of annoyance on the reaper's face again, before she simply shakes her head.
    "I have no interest in your worldly possessions, for what little they matter in the grand Scheme as it is.
    I do, however, have interest in your presence at this party. You do not strike me as...easy-going, enough?"

Libby isn't sure what the term is, for what she would expect a partier to be.
    Less petulant and silly?
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #1094

[Beachside]

"'Easy-going'?" Dena asks with a raised eyebrow. "I didn't know you were observing me this whole time." She gives the death goddess an suspicions glance. "In either case, why don't you tell me who you are before I answer a question like that? It seems like the polite thing to do after what you just did. Maybe an 'I'm sorry' as well? That experience wasn't exactly fun."

((I think I can at least make one more post since it's only Libby and Dena talking.))

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

"Mm, an introduction probably would be appropriate.
    You can call me Libby, I'm Maggy's date for the evening."

Maybe other evenings, but she won't push her luck for now.

Speaking of him, she glances his way, just to make sure that Tina isn't murdering him after all.
    Confident that her not-remotely-secret-love is still alive, Libby looks back to Dena with a small smile.
    "I think he's covering apologies for the moment, with his body, judging by his current position.
    But it was in good spirits, no ill will was meant."

They were even in water, so none of the stuff would have had time to stick or get icky! Immediate washing!
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #1096

Beachside

"No no, I just meant, like, shooting the bartender off into nowhere in particular, not at anyone. Bartenders hurt a lot more than slushies ever could."

Magtok's not being entirely honest here. If it occurred to him that he could've bowled someone over with Dio's flailing limbs, he totally would've done exactly that without a moment's hesitation. Despite all his helpfulness (or maybe because of it), the cyborg still thinks that guy is just the hugest jerk in the world.

"And we commandeered the catapult, which was originally just a shovel poised in just the right spot, off a drunk bearded midget, of course. And then it became something way better. Duh."

Honestly Tina, how did you not already know that? How else would one obtain ancient medieval artillery weapons on a beach?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #1097

Beachside

"Right, I'm Dena. But I guess you knew that already." The drow replies with a glance at Tina and Magtok. "Shouldn't you like... save him though if you're dating? I'm not sure why you're so curious about me. I'm just Kirk's friend. That's it."

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Beachside

"No no, I just meant, like, shooting the bartender off into nowhere in particular, not at anyone. Bartenders hurt a lot more than slushies ever could."

Magtok's not being entirely honest here. If it occurred to him that he could've bowled someone over with Dio's flailing limbs, he totally would've done exactly that without a moment's hesitation. Despite all his helpfulness (or maybe because of it), the cyborg still thinks that guy is just the hugest jerk in the world.

"And we commandeered the catapult, which was originally just a shovel poised in just the right spot, off a drunk bearded midget, of course. And then it became something way better. Duh."

Honestly Tina, how did you not already know that? How else would one obtain ancient medieval artillery weapons on a beach?
    Tina knocks her fist on the metal half of Magtok's face, likely producing a tinny sound. "Is this half hollow? Is that what it is with you? I don't care how you got it, Magtok, you can't shoot people out of a catapult!" There is, despite her words, some amount of amusement in her tone. It's just not serious enough.

The chameleon woman gets her feet beneath her and stands, stepping over Magtok so she can examine the catapult. After a moment of thought, she asks, "Hey, Kirk, do you think we could fit Mags in this thing?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1099

Beachside

Magtok panics, his eye going wide and his limbs wriggling about in a futile effort to wriggle his way out of this. Even the cyborg can tell where this is going, and he doesn't like the sound of it at all.

Wait, what?! No! You can't shoot people out of a catapult!

Magtok, she didn't even mean those words when she said them a moment ago. There's no way you're going to call her out on this like that. You've got to have better verbal ammunition than that, man. Let's hear it, and fast, before you wind up as ammunition yourself!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

"I think we can make him fit." Kirk resists the urge to laugh and stalks over to Maggy. If the cyborg hasn't wriggled away yet, Kirk is going to try and grab him and drag him toward the catapult.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

"It is dangerous to assume. A pleasure to meet you, Dena."
    Being pleasant about all of this is much more enjoyable than paranoid and nasty, now isn't it?

Libby glances over towards the other three members of the Party and one of her ears flicks, as she considers.
    "He's in no danger. I won't let him be hurt."
    There is a peculiar sort of smile as she says that, something around lovelorn affection, and a grim...something.
    "'Just Kirk's friend'. You sell yourself rather short.
    You are all rather unique and interesting in your own manners, aren't you?
    I am very curious about you."

You-who-seem-so-different.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #1102

[Beachside]

The rogue blinks, that wasn't exactly what she was expecting. "Well... thanks. I'm just not sure what to tell you. I just see myself as an adventurer."

Then she notice what Kirk, Tina and Magtok is doing. Whoa, going a bit too far there guys?
    "I- are you sure you don't want to deal with that? I pretty sure they're going to go through with it." She says while pointing out the three others. Being shoot out of a catapult seems rather dangerous after all.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-11 at 01:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

More smiling from Libby, although this time it is aimed at Dena, and seems to be of the gently pleased sort.
    "So much more than an adventurer.
    Perhaps you take it for granted, but you show it even now."

Such beautiful creatures, shining so gloriously in their Life.

"As for your friends...yes...I imagine they will go through with it.
    But as I said, I won't allow Magtok to be hurt."

Although it may be hard to launch someone from a catapult, if its maker just happens to...disable the counter-pull on the firing mechanism.
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #1104

[Beachside]

"...If you say so." Dena replies with a final glance at the catapult shenanigans. Libby seemed to be sure after all. There was probably a lot more to her then met the eye.

"So you first asked what I was doing here? Well, that's easy, I came here since I was pretty sure Kirk was going to turn up as well and I wanted to hang out a bit." Dena states while picking up her cloak from the ground, putting Kirk's hat there while she's at it. Who knew what else might happen?
    "He still owe me a day of slavery you know? Maybe I should make him make out with Magtok..."

25. - Top - End - #1105

Beachside

Tina isn't exactly paying a whole lot of attention, so she won't notice the minor adjustments Libby made to the catapult. I suppose that once they get Magtok on it, she'll notice quickly enough.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1106

Beachside

Magtok is loaded into a catapult, and then...well, he just sorta sits there. Huh. Wasn't this thing supposed to launch him into the air or something? Why isn't he screaming in terror and tumbling into the sea?

"I...I think you guys broke it."

Magtok peers down at the counterpull thingy, nods sagely, and then turns back towards his captors.

"Yep, definitely broken. What a shame. Guess this means we'll just have to reschedule, huh?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside]

Hm, that's disappointing. Kirk looks at the catapult, but he doesn't exactly have experience with siege weaponry. Unless it's something somewhat obvious, the drow is unlikely to notice it. He looks at Tina and shrugs. "I suppose we could always dunk him in the water by hand."

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beachside]

Uh-oh! Looks like drama is a-brewing at this mirthful party of fun and frivolity! For here draws near one of The Alexandrian's characters, and most of them officially have major, major, unmistakable issues!

Especially this one!

Clarissa materializes out of a roiling and twisting black vortex that leaves the area it occupied feeling oddly empty after it destabilizes, folds in on itself, and collapses back into the nothingness from whence it came. I'd speculate that she's not here to have fun and frolic in the sun on the sandy beach near the bloodbath we saw fit to name the ocean for some reason or other from her dress.

She's wearing a pitch black uniform hugging all of her curves. The pants appear to be made out of a glossy, coal-black latex-like substance. It isn’t real latex, though. Those things rip and tear so easily! Not good armor for any situation at all, they are. The shine is fashionable only. No telling what the stuff actually does without prodding it first, though. Coupled with the black leather belt with the fist-sized buffered gold skull-shaped buckle, it looks really, really nice on her. Or maybe she looks really, really, really nice in it. Hard to say with reasonable certainty. Those high-walled spit-shined military black boots go well with it too. As a top, she wears a polyester midnight-black military dress coat with a black v-cut t-shirt underneath it. Of course, the top button is unfastened to provide some level of hypnotic advantage and initial distraction to some specific enemy-types. Purely for tactics, you know. Sacrifices for an art. Or maybe art for a sacrifice. You never can truly gauge that with the finicky Clarissa. And is that a…SS cap she’s sporting? No. The insignia is all wrong. It is the same stylistically but the insignia is a flat red metal handprint. This insignia is located both in the center of the front of the cap just above the brim and atop the spot where her heart would be were Clarissa human. The black leather gloves are an elegant touch too.

Yeah. She's not going to be able to blend in with the crowd here. Not like she intended to in the first place.

Heck, she didn't even expect for Dave to have retreated to a remotely populated area!

"Umm..."

This catches her completely off guard!

Oooo! Dave just had to steal her gimmick and force her to chase after him!

At least she can surmise that he can't be too distant from her present location.

Hmm...

She's so gonna need a scouter.

So Clarissa yanks one out of her pocket. It dangles between her fingers before she mounts it upon her head.

"Oh, he'd better be somewhere around here at this party."

"Hello everyone! I'm just an average, everyday partygoer. Pay me no heed! None at all!"

Cue nervous and entirely false laughter!

"Heh, heh, heh?"

29. - Top - End - #1109

Beachside

"Yeah, sure. How far do you think you can toss him?" Tina says, glancing out toward the ocean. She's not gonna throw the cyborg herself, of course, unless Kirk asks. And that's just a maybe.

Then Clarissa appears, in an extremely well-written post that draws the attention of both Tina and her player. The augmented woman waves to her. "Hi! You seem... dangerous. Can you throw this skinny guy?" She gestures toward Magtok.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-13 at 10:12 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Beachside]

Libby gives a somewhat satisfied smile and Magtok fails to become a screaming missile.
    Excellent.

Although that line of thought is somewhat bumbled up by a confused blink.
    Dena say what?
    Make him make out with...

She gives a little head-shake.
    "Slavery...? Wasn't that outlawed in this land?"

Oh hey, and a Clarissa.
    She seems...different. Maybe bad, maybe good?
    The reaper will patiently wait to judge, as always.
    Her conversation with Dena will continue to take precedence, as long as Magtok isn't being beaten to death or something.
    Absentee Spirit