New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1390
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Beachside]

Hugs! The universal currency of the cosmos, some would argue! Clarissa is successfully hugged! She really needed that familiar reassuring squeeze! She's been on edge as of late, more so than usual anyway. This endearing gesture lends her a hand in shunting away or at least fending off some of the tension that she reviles so that has, as of late, become exponentially more inextricably entangled in her life.

Clarissa giggles light-heartedly when Dave starts to rekindle the psychic link between them. That mentally tickles in a multiplicity of ways! Sure, the routine is a little cloying here and there but cute hence winsome all in all!

"Hee hee!"

Dave might note that Clarissa's mental network has been reconfigured to accommodate several other entities in addition to Dave as regents of Clarissa's vast hivemind monsters.

"April Fools!"

"These babies, David."

Clarissa points out, figuratively melting into Dave's arms.

"Just one baby wouldn't make me outwardly look so pudgy."

The one certifiably authentic case for how Clarissa appears as trim as she had before the pregnancy is that she can adjust her body at will to fit very specific parameters. She's taller than she was before, so while her proportions remain the same, she's not of the same body composition as she was previously.

"You know, it makes me feel good to see you smile, Dave. When we get home, I'll immolate a calf or two for us. Tomorrow I might have to run off to work to check in with the boss and give her something, but if you're available afterward I think it'd be best if we lounged on the couch, ate some chocolate, and discussed this event further. Get some plans drawn up about how where we're gonna go from here."

Because the future is important! Tactful and painstaking deliberation help ensure a better future for people!

"Oh, and before I forget, I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for yesterday so that an expert can say for certain that I'm...y'know. And then we'll traipse off to Cthulhuland to have some fun!"

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside
    Dave gets even more exited when he learns that there's more than one baby.
    Because when there's several, that's when it gets really fun!
    He nods at her requests.
    "Sure, hun. That sounds good!"
    Oh god, one can only imagine the spawn that Clarissa will give birth to.
    My bet is on adorable babies that eat EVERYTHING in sight.
    It's the safest bet
    Anyways, Dave continues to smile up at Clarissa.
    "So...we still have the night left. You wanna go tell my dad with me and see what happens? The old man has been bothering me to get some kids, so the reaction should be good." Dave says with a grin.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beachside]

Really fun and stressful! Luckily, there will be no diapers to change, as Clarissa refuses to give birth to "inefficient" models of baby.

One of the babies might possibly be a pyromaniac. Pyro babies would be fun to rp as they would literally get away with murder without punishment! Hooray for biased adjudication! But that's a little grim, so that might not happen.

Hmm... Could babies usher forth the apocalypse? The Four Crawlers of the Apocalypse... We'll have to explore that further, methinks, before we render judgement.

Anyway...

"It sounds like we've filled up our itinerary for the night, David. Break the news to your dad and then head home to burn cows. Sounds fun! Warp us out of here, Dave!"

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside
    Dave grins and will teleport them ou of Beachside and to his father's house.
    Who, upon hearing the news, squeals like a little schoolgirl who was told Justin Bieber was going to sing at her birthday party.
    Later they burn cows, I guess. And Dave enjoys it a little
    ((I guess we'll talk about babies in PMs then))
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

The trip to the tribe took several weeks by cart, but with Pathfinder's guidance there's no trouble and the weather is clear for most of the journey. When the hills and forests finally fade into gentle plains, Pathfinder gets more excited. At the end of the twentieth night, even though he looks ragged from the trip, Pathfinder smiles to the pair of goblins and gives out a long howl.

A few seconds later, it is answered by more close by. "We're here." Pathfinder says happily.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Not even a few weeks' travel could dampen Brinika's enthusiasm. When Pathfinder howls, the other Wolfen answer and Pathfinder announces their arrival, she bounces with excitement.
    "Wheee! Is that other Wolfen howling?" she asks.
    Reelshka, who has been keeping Brinika on her lab bundled up warmly, smiles.
    "That's great. I assume other Wolfen are coming to meet us."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Pathfinder chuckles. "With the way the wind is blowing, they'd have smelled us a while ago, so I'm sure they'd have sent someone to me-" Pathfinder's spech suddenly cuts off as a growl fills the air and a large Wolfen form leaps out of the grass to tackle him right off the wagon. If the two goblinesses look, they'll find Waterstrider wrestling with his brother, both of them growling happily with their tails wagging even as they bash and bite at each other.

From where WS had leaped, a small black furred Wolfen male sits, watching with curiosity. Oddly, he carries a large sledgehammer in his paws, chained to his left wrist. His fur is spotty in areas, as if it had fallen out in patches, but he makes no comment even though his ears and nose twitch.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"Waterstrider!" Brinika squeals enthusiastically. She's very glad to see the other Wolfen brother. Besides, with Waterstrider here, Flamecrest can't be far away.
    Reelshka, meanwhile, looks at the small, black-furred Wolfen. "Hello," she says with a friendly smile.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Waterstrider is able to grip his brother's arm and leg in his paws and stands suddenly before throwing him several yards away, into the tall grass. With a Wolfen smile, he leaps onto the wagon to give the little goblin a hug. "It's great to see you two. We didn't know you were coming!" He says, ignoring Pathfinder's grumbles as the shaman gets back to his feet.

The black Wolfen waves back, but he doesn't say anything for now. He seems skittish and wary and holds the hammer tight to his chest. While he looked like a very young child at first glance, Reelshka might notice that he's actually quite over-muscled for his height, perhaps telling her that he's older than he looks.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Brinika hugs Waterstrider back cheerfully.
    "Well, we are! Pathfinder asked Aunt Reelshka to come and she agreed and they asked my parents if I could come and they said yes!" she squeaks rapidly.

Reelshka finds the small Wolfen strange. At first she thought he might be a child, but he's too muscular. Besides, this is a large hammer. Not something you give to children, even in savage culture.
    "Are you from this tribe? We've come to visit with Pathfinder the shaman," she says.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Not too far behind the other two wolfen, Renetta shows up. She wasn't moving quite so quickly as to not jostle Flamecrest. "Reelshka, Brinika! It's so good to see you!" Her tail whips back and forth excitedly. She had long since abandoned her usual clothing in favour of wolfen furs, but she still carried herself like an elf noble.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Pathfinder stumbles out of the waist high grass and smiles when he sees Renetta before trying to give her and his niece a hug. "It's great to see you two again." He says honestly.

Waterstrider chuckles and reaches out to rough up Brinika's hair a bit. "I'm glad you were able to come." He tells her before his ear flicks towards Reelshka, telling him of what she's saying. Before the black-furred Wolfen can respond, Waterstrider will try to set a paw on Reelshka's shoulder. "He won't talk." He says sadly, his ears falling slightly. "He hasn't for months since we found him, so be gentle. His name's Silence."

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Once Waterstrider leaves, Brinika spots his mate and child. She bounces up and down in excitement.
    "Miss Renetta! Flamecrest! Hi!"

"Oh," Reelshka says, her ears twitching. "I'm sorry to hear that. Is it best to leave him be, then?"

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta gives Brinika a little wave before she puts her arm around Pathfinder in a half hug. "It's good to see you too. You're going to have to tell us about everything that's happened while we've been gone." Flamecrest grabs hold of Pathfinder's fur while he's close and tugs at him. She looks to be quite a bit less shy than when he'd seen her last, and bigger too of course.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Pathfinder growls happily as Flamecrest grabs his fur. If Renetta will let him, he'll pick his niece up and hold her before nipping her ear playfully. "She's grown." he whispers mostly to himself in wonder.

Waterstrider shakes his head and gestures for Silence to come on over. "Nah, he's just being cautious right now. He's perfectly sociable." When the black Wolfen gets closer, he nods his head gently towards the two goblins with a slight wag of his tail, glad to see that they're decent people.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Silence's approach manages to distract Brinika from fussing over Flamecrest. She peers at the new Wolfen curiously and chirps: "Hi!"

"Hopefully he'll warm up to us in time," Reelshka says.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"She sure has. It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it?" Renetta says with a smile. She's glad to let him hold Flamecrest. The cub clings to his fur and lies her head against his chest. "She's still so quiet, though. You barely here a peep out of her most of the time."

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"Just wait till she's hit her First Shed."
    Pathfinder says with a slight smile as he leans down to nuzzle his beloved niece. "She'll grow a foot and a half within a summer and complain about her lack of fur." He tells her with a teasing tone. "It's what I did after all."

"He will." Waterstrider assures Reelshka as Silence gives Brinika a small wave as he takes his seat. After a moment's thought, he reaches out with his paw, offering it to her in a very human manner.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Brinika takes Silence's paw with her tiny hand curiously. Reelshka watches it with a small smile.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta laughs a little bit. "Oh I bet she will complain, then. I guess I'll be glad I never had to go through that."

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"Come on, lets head in now." Pathfinder tells the others as he snuggles Flamecrest tight to himself once more before offering her back to her mother. "We should expect quite the welcome I imagine if this is the start." He says with a sly look to his ears and eyes.

"Mush!" Waterstrider shouts merrily as he cracks the reins on the oxen pulling the cart. Silence, in the middle of shaking Brinika's hand, is rocked back and falls off balance to likely land on top of the little gobliness by accident.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"Eeek!" Brinika shuffles away from the falling Wolfen, so luckily he doesn't pin her to the cart. Given the size differences, it might have ended badly.
    Reelshka turns around, startled by Brinika's squeak.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta, who has since moved into the back of the cart with the others, leans over to try and help Brinika right herself with one arm. That was uncomfortably close. "Are you two okay?"

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Silence doesn't whimper when he lands on his nose, but he does cringe and his ears fall back before he rubs his muzzle, trying to get rid of the sharp tingling pain.

"Sorry!" Waterstrider tells the others, twisting an ear towards them before looking to see if they're fine too.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"Um, yeah," Brinika says, straightening herself unsteadily.
    Reelshka also moves over to Brinika and helps her up, then holds her close. "It's okay," she says, "We're fine."

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta's ears perk up again now that it was clear everyone was (mostly) okay. She gives Silence a pat on the shoulder before sitting back and adjusting Flamecrest on her lap.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

The trip to the tribe takes just a couple more minutes before it comes into sight. Reelshka and Brinika will be greeted with the site of several dozen thatch huts coming into view over a hill and smoke rising from a pair of large camp fires. A small gathering of children is waiting to greet them, and oddly there seems to be more than just Wolfen among them. Even though they're only a few in number, there are several human children and even a couple goblins. It's obvious they aren't of Reelshka's origin however since while they're obviously children, they're nearly her height.

Further in the village, the adults can be easily seen and are quite varied in their own races as well. Surprisingly there seems to be a few inter-species couples or at least relationships that seem to cross the imaginary lines. A goblin male, roughly five feet in height sits on the lap of a wolfen female next to a boar being roasted and across from them is a human man and a wolfen male leaning against each other and appearing quite affectionate. Despite the intimacy being shown, no one seems bothered in the slightest.

Brinika might notice a pair of goblin-ish ears poking above the side of the wagon on her side, one of them with a chunk missing, before a gobliness' head pops up. "Hi! I'm Notch!" The young girl shouts, grinning and showing her sharp teeth as she tries to surprise the group.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Reelshka knew that she could expect members of different races in the Wolfen camp, including strangely big goblins. Brinika, however had no idea about them and looks around her with wide, suprised eyes.
    She is no less surprised when a goblin pops up near the wagon. She quickly regains her composure and grins back, though.
    "Hi! I'm Brinika! And this is my aunt Reelshka!" she says, waving in the direction of the older goblin. Reelshka smiles gently and waves at the child. "I had no idea there were goblins here too!"

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta chuckles when Notch pops up. Flamecrest's head swivels to look at her curiously. Her tail wags rapidly from side to side.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"Uh-huh!" Notch says ethusiasticlly before slipping from the edge of the wagon by accident and hitting the ground with an audible thud. "Ow!" She shouts before clambering back up and hanging on the edge of the wagon again, not learning a thing. "My momma and daddy came here a long time ago before I was born." She explains before pulling herself up to sit next to Brinika.

"They're good folks." Waterstrider tells Reelshka with a small smile of his own as he drives the wagon to the center of the village where a somewhat excited crowd is waiting. "Very good builders."