New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1390
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Wolfen Tribe]

"You're big. As big as a hobgoblin," Brinika says. Apparently the idea that there may be goblins who are so different from her is strange to her.

"I see." Reelshka smirks a little. "It would also appear that relationships between goblins and wolfen aren't anything new to you. Even if it's another kind of goblin."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-12-12 at 04:47 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta giggles and covers her muzzle with her hand. "No, you two probably won't stand out much at all." She says amusedly.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"What's a Hobgoblin?" Notch asks, tilting her head and ears curiously.

"Most relationships aren't that surprising here." Waterstrider admits as he watches his brother wander off into the crowd to find their parents. "When you have a keen sense of smell, it's easy to pick up who is attracted to who, so it's meaningless to hide such or feel shame about it." He tells Reelshka with a shrug before hopping off the cart and offering the gobliness a paw to help her down.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"They're like goblins, but bigger. Well, bigger than me and Aunt Reelshka. And they're green or yellow. They look kinda like you, actually," Brinika says, her ears twitching. Goblins and hobgoblins are closely related, but neither species likes to remember it. So it's all a little confusing for Brinika.

Reelshka gets off the cart with Waterstrider's help. "Hrm. Must be great. Goblins are so unbearably stiff about this sort of thing. It's part of the reason I decided to live in GLoG."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"It really is great. When we came here the first time, it was just so nice not to have to worry that anybody would think less of us for being together. Everybody here is so nice. You'll enjoy it." Renetta says.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"Really?" Notch asks, eyes wide as she looks down at her own leathery brown skin. "I couldn't imagine being orange." She admits.

Waterstrider lets go of Reelshka's paw before chuckling. "Something else you probably want to know is that everyone will know shortly about you and Pathfinder, so if you get any odd looks or congratulations..." He leaves the phrase where it's at, his eyes and ears grinning for him.

Silence clambers on down past Notch and reaches up to offer both of the young Goblinesses his own paws to help them down.

Renetta will feel something large nudging her lower legs, and if she looks down, she'll find the earth-tortoise that Fenris gave to Flamecrest nuzzling against her before it looks up at her and her daughter expectantly, hoping to play with the little cub.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-12-13 at 05:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Brinika hops off the cart with Silence's help and thanks him happily before turning back to Notch: "I've never met any hobgoblin. I just heard of them from my parents and teachers."

Reelshka puts her hands on her hips and tilts her head. "Well, well. Looks like nothing remains hidden here. Good thing I wasn't planning on hiding anything."

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta smiles down at the tortoise. "Hey there. Don't you worry, Flamecrest is here." She says amusedly. The baby reaches toward the tortoise, leaning out of her mother's arms. "Alright, alright. Patience little one." She places Flamecrest carefully in the natural saddle in his shell.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

The tortoise creaks happily before it runs off into the village with Flamecrest on its back.

Waterstrider laughs a bit at Reelshka before he slips an arm around his mate. "I'm glad. Now, would you want your own hut apart from Brinika? We can put her in one wi-"

"Oh! Me! Choose me!"
    Notch yells back to Waterstrider, jumping up and down and waving her arm in the air to try and attract the Wolfen's attention. "Silence too!" She yells as she grabs the mute Wolfen by the shoulder and yanks him close into a hug. "Pleeeeeeeeease?"

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"Oooh! Yeah! I'd like to be in a hut with Notch and Silence! Can I be in a hut with them, Aunt Relshka?!" Brinika asks, bouncing up and down.
    Reelshka chuckles and nods. "I can't see why not."

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Oops, she should have expected that he'd be so eager. That's why he has a leash after all. Renetta most certainly trusts him to carry Flamecrest, but not to go running off with her out of their sight.

She gently holds the tortoise back and slips her arm around Waterstrider's waist at the same time. he looks away from her daughter and her pet to smile at Brinika and Notch's enthusiasm.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"Yay!" Notch yells before attempting to give Brinika and Silence a tight hug before she runs off to her hut to get things ready. On her way out she bumps into Pathfinder's legs, causing him to stumble, but he just laughs as he leads Dawn Wolf to see the newcomers. His mother smiles when she sees Reelshka.

Renetta will feel a strong arm settle around her shoulders and if she looks back she'll find "Stonethrower" behind her, eyes and ears grinning as he watches Flamecrest and the tortoise. "I'm glad they're getting on well together."

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Brinika laughs as she's pulled into a hug and then waits for Notch to get everything ready, peering curiously at Silence.

Reelshka waves to Dawn Wolf cheerfully. "Hello! It's so good to see you!"

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"Hello Stonethrower." Renetta greets him warmly. "She hasn't taken to anyone else quite so easily." Except for her parents of course. Flamecrest nuzzles against the tortoise's shell as if to prove Renetta's point.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

The tortoise creaks happily again and begins to try and run in a circle around Renetta at the full length of the leash, ignorant of the fact that people might be caught up in the line. Stonethrower laughs at the sight. "Every little girl needs a pet to latch on to."

"Weaver" smiles back at Reelshka and waves. "It's great to see you too." She says just loud enough to be heard. Pathfinder keeps walking even as his mother stops and he tries to bend down to pick up the gobliness to raise up to let her sit on his shoulder for now.

Silence looks back at Brinika for a bit before turning his muzzle down slightly and pawing at it in embarrassment for some reason, his ears folding back as he does so.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Reelshka lets herself be picked up and makes herself comfortable on Pathfinder's shoulder. There are benefits to dating someone much bigger than yourself. "This village is smaller than I expected. I guess I'm still used to the crowds in goblin colonies. Do all Wolfen live like this?"

Brinika looks up at Silence. "Is something wrong?" she asks with some concern.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"He sure is enthusiastic about her. I'm still reminded how he scared me by running with her the first time." Renetaa tries to step over the leash,but her foot is caught. She laughs a little at his antics.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"Don't worry. It only gets harder to keep them under control." Stonethrower says with a small smile before attempting to hug Renetta from behind. "You've come a long way, Renetta. We're proud of you."

"Usually, but not always." Dawn Wolf says as she reaches out to shake hands with Reelshka. "There are some with more permanent residences and even small groups that try to live in cities with some success."

Silence quickly shakes his head, looking away from Brinika in a manner that might tell her that he'd be blushing if he was able to.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"Don't you want to bunk with me and Notch?" Brinika asks. She's not terribly good at guessing what other people mean, and Silence not only doesn't speak but is also a Wolfen.

Reelshka shakes Dawn Wolf's hand.
    "I wonder what it must be like, wandering around like that. It's so different from living in one colony all your life."

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta chuckles and folds her arms over Stonethrower's. "Thank you, but I couldn't have done it without all the support everyone's given me."

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Pathfinder gives a bit of a shrug, possibly lifting Reelshka up slightly. "It's a little rough for those who aren't used to it, but a nomadic life does tend to teach you what is most important." He admits. "That, and it tends to give better survival skills."

Silence gives a small nod to Brinika. He'd be glad to sleep over with them, but it still didn't make it any less awkward for him.

Stonethrower chuckles and gives Renetta a small squeeze as Waterstrider bends down to scratch his daughter behind her ears and pet the turtle. "Planning on having another?" Stonethrower asks with a mischievous smile.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"When I was a child, I never thought I'd leave my colony. When I finally did leave it, I still thought I'd settle down underground again, just elsewhere, but I ended up in a campsite. I think you can get used to anything if you want," Reelshka observes.

"Aw. Well, that's okay." Brinika tries to pat the nearest part of Silence she can reach.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Flamecrest nuzzles against her father's hand and pauses to look up at him with those big eyes of hers. Her tail wags back and forth happily.

Renetta chuckles. "Thinking about it. Nothing for sure, and Flamecrest can be a handful when she wants to, but you never know. There's still some time to think about it."

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Waterstrider wags his tail back to his daughter and attempts to pick the young cub up to hold her close. "You're such a beautiful girl." He whispers to her.

Stonethrower growls happily as his tail wags. "The thought of another grandchild is a great one." He says just loud enough for Reelshka to hear as well.

Silence tilts his head towards Brinika as she reaches out to pet him, hoping she'd scratch his ears a bit for her.

"Well, we won't be moving for a long time yet, a couple months really because of pregnancies that are well on their way." Dawn Wolf says, ear twitching at her mate's comment before she smiles slightly.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Reelshka smiles. Of course, Pathfinder's parents know everything.
    "Plenty of time for me and Brinika to get to know the place, then. I think we ought to rest after the journey now, though."

Brinika scritches Silence's ears, grinning.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta turns her head toward Reelshka and gives her a knowing wink. It's funny, though it makes her wonder how she and Pathfinder's relationship has progressed. "I'm sure Flamecrest will like to have some company."

The cub balls her hands in Waterstrider's fur and closes her eyes. She's completely unaware that she's being talked about.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Dawn Wolf smiles at Reelshka before gesturing for Pathfinder to follow her. "We have an empty hut that you two can spend your time in. Brinika is staying with Notch and a couple of the other children, correct?" She asks as she begins to guide the pair towards the other side of the village.

Waterstrider leans over to nip his mate's muzzle lovingly before he goes to wander around with their daughter in his arms, tail wagging in happiness as he looks down at her.

"You make him so happy, Renetta." Stonethrower whispers to Renetta once Waterstrider leaves. "Thank you for that."

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"She is. It looks like they've become friends already. Brinika seems to have a talent for befriending people," Reelshka says as she follows Dawn Wolf on Pathfinder's shoulder.

Brinika sticks around and waits for Notch to come back, looking around the Wolfen village with great curiosity.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta watches her mate and their daughter disappear, only looking at Stonethrower once they're gone. "You don't need to thank me. I couldn't possibly love him as much as he deserves. Not that I don't try everyday."

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Pathfinder smiles up at Reelshka and sets a paw on her thigh just to help keep her on his shoulder as they walk. Despite the fact that they're probably being watched by dozens of eyes, he'll run his thumb back and forth on it in a sign of affection. "That's good." His mother remarks as she guides them through the small crowd, towards a moderately large hut towards the outskirts of the village. "I hope she'll make many here. I couldn't imagine there'd be any who wouldn't like to speak with her for a bit."

Silence hefts his sledgehammer onto his shoulder and waits with Brinika for a while. The only warning of Notch's approach might be a soft and quick pitter-patter of gobliness feet on dirt, followed by Silence's ear twitching backwards, before the goblin tries to glomp the visitor from behind. "Ready!" She shouts happily.

Stonethrower backs off of Renetta for a moment to give her a genuine smile, looking into her eyes. It's possible she'll see his actual age in them, showing her how tired and worn out he is. "It's more important than anyone realizes for us to see that I think. It takes a lot to keep us going after all these ages, and there's been a great deal of sadness for us. But seeing him like that...it makes us happy and gives us hope too."