New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1390
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HT's plots

[Wolfen Tribe]

Reelshka leans into Pathfinder's arm contentedly. "I imagine goblins as small as we are caught a lot of attention."

Normally Brinika might have heard Notch, but now she's so distracted by everything around her she's taken by surprise and glomped.
    "Yay! Let's go!" she squeaks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Renetta steps forward to give him a hug. "You'll see him that happy for the rest of our lives if I can help it." After a moment more of standing like that, she steps back again. "I should go and do a few things I need to get done now." She admits.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Notch giggles and hauls Brinika back up with a smile. "Alright, I'll show you to the hut. It's biiiiiiiiig." She tells the pair before trying to slip her arms around her and Silence and leading them on.

Dawn Wolf's ears smile to Reelshka as she holds open the thatch and leather door of the hut for Pathfinder. "You do, but we're used to strange sights. You'll be asked to tell how you met several times though I imagine. We all love stories here." The inside of the hut is mostly bare except for a thick pile of cushions and furs to serve as a bed, a fireplace, and a small table for belongings.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"I'll be sure to tell them everything," Reelshka says as she tries to slip off Pathfinder's shoulder once they're inside. "Maybe some goblin stories I heard when I was Brinika's age, too."

The tiny goblin herself eagerly follows Notch to her hut.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Pathfinder smiles and falls onto the large bed with a happy sigh as his mother chuckles. "We'll look forward to the stories. Need any food or water before you two relax?" She asks with a wry wag of her tail.

Notch leads them to a small hut with several piles of furs for several people. Her parents are in there, offering waves. "You must be Brinika." Her mother says. The adult goblins are about five feet tall, slender, but obviously fit due to their lifestyle. The mother is a pale olive color, but the father is a moss green. "I'm Soft-Paw and that's my husband, Grinack." She says, introducing him. Grinack gives a smile and wave before he returns to sharpening his bone spear.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-01-05 at 04:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Reelshka chuckles.
    "I think I'm good. How about you, Pathfinder?"

Brinika gives a polite curtsey. "Yes, I'm Brinika. It's really nice to meet you. Thank you for letting me stay in your hut."

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"We have our skins for now. We can meet you at dinner." Pathfinder says, muzzle buried in the furs. Dawn Wolf chuckles a bit before nodding to the pair. "Then we'll see you once night falls and the fire is up." She tells them before slipping out.

Soft-Paw curtsey's back, but its a bit awkward due to her wearing pants instead of a dress or skirt. "Is there anything I can get for you three before you settle in?" She asks. Silence shakes his head and shifts his sledgehammer to his other shoulder, getting it a bit more comfortable.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Once Dawn Wolf leaves, Brinika walks over to where Pathfinder is lying down and flops on the bed next to him.
    "I'm really loving it here. It was a great idea to visit your village."

Brinika looks up at her two new friends.
    "I don't think I need anything. How about you?"

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

Pathfinder can't help but wag his tail before growling happily, lunging towards her to pull her close. "I'm glad you think so." The Shaman tells her with a smile.

"I'll take some juice." Notch admits, smiling up to her mother. Brinika may notice that none of their smiles ever show their teeth, no matter how happy the smile may be. Soft-Paw reaches down to rub her child's ears before fetching a wooden cup and filling it with a sweet smelling green juice. Grinack tilts his head as he looks over Brinika. "You're awfully small for a Goblin. What type of place do you live in?" He asks, curious.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

Reelshka is pulled close and gives Pathfinder a light bite on the neck.
    "I sure do. Everyone here seems really great. And your parents seem to know what we're thinking about."

Brinika doesn't really notice that the goblins's smiles don't show teeth, because it's normal for her kind of goblin as well.
    "All goblins where I'm from are small like me. We live underground."

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen Tribe

"They're already grandparents. It's only natural for them to want more."
    He tells Reelshka with a smile, growling happily at the bite.

"Huh." Grinack says, a bit curious. "We hear rumors of such tribes from time to time living in the mountains, but we've never seen any. The cold tends to make some of us grumpy." He tells Brinika with a small smile as his wife rolls her eyes. "No, the cold just does that to you. The rest of us have sense enough to put on coats." She teases.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-01-15 at 04:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfen Tribe]

"I'm afraid that it might be a little inconvenient for you to meet my parents, though," Reelshka says. "You'd probably find goblin tunnels cramped," she adds jokingly. "But they'd love more grandkids too."

"It's not cold underground, though," Brinika says. "And we don't have tribes, we have colonies."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-15 at 04:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Frostheart Mountains

The Wanderer will find the dark forests of the mountain range to be quite cold this time of year, and while the snow has subsided for now, a thick frost covers the pine forests, leaving the ground crunchy under every footstep. Thick freezing fog seems to perpetually roll down the mountain, making even the sunniest day seem dark. The place seems to be quite unforgiving to the unprepared, but even in the fog he'll be able to hear the quite footsteps of animals and the deep hooting of owls.

As he gets closer to his goal, he'll see insubstantial shapes in the fog, animals and creatures only half-seen before the air shifts and it vanishes.

Pathfinder's Tribe

After a couple weeks of relaxation in the tribe, Pathfinder will be waiting for Reelshka in their hut one evening. He seems a bit anxious if she can tell by his ears and mane, but also excited. When he sees her, he'll give her a warm smile. "How do you find everything?" He asks.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Tribe]

"It's been great," Reelshka says, also smiling warmly. "Totally different from everything I'd ever known before, even in GLoG... but great. And I had time to think, too."

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frostheart Mountains]

The wanderer, Divayn being his name, is glad for the clear ground. The frost is here, sure, but the lack of snow is a pleasant difference from the treks he's made through the Shiverpeaks. Even with magic to warm him, a biting wind and cold can be terrible.

He's a young human, perhaps in his mid or late twenties, with russet brown hair on his head hanging shaggily around. Light brown eyes look out at the world, watching the shapes that form as the mind behind them wonders if they'd actually been there at all.

He's dressed in an odd garb, what appears to be a mix between robes and armor. Anybody with their sense properly attuned can tell that it's enchanted. He doesn't wear the mask right now; it's safely tucked away in the backpack he wears. The staff itself he's using as a walking stick, which is a gross abuse of its original purpose, but mountains can be hard to traverse, and he's not exactly in peak physical condition. Mentally, he's a powerhouse, but like many mages, he's not exactly a paragon of endurance.

He should be nearing his destination soon. At least, he hopes.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-02-10 at 04:43 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Frostheart Mountains

If he is keeping watch out for it magically, he might sense a presence in the trees, moving quietly as a shadow from one to another. If not, it's entirely possible that the Scout will sneak up on him before speaking quietly from above. "You stink of magick, sorcerer. What is your purpose?" A gruff voice questions.

Pathfinder's Tribe

"I'll admit that I had been wondering about those thoughts." Pathfinder says, visibly relaxing before taking a seat on their bed and patting next to him, hoping that Reelshka will join him. He doesn't ask what she's thinking at the moment, letting her be the one to broach the subject fully if she wishes.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frostheart Mountains]

Well, that was unexpected. The scout will have the pleasure of seeing Divayn jump in place with surprise, before turning to look up towards where the scout's voice came from, "To learn. You're of the wolfen tribe in this area, right? I'd like to speak to your shaman, if I could."
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-02-10 at 05:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Tribe]

"Well, I've been thinking about the subject that brought us here in the first place," Reelshka says as she sits down next to Pathfinder on the bed. "And I admit that my stay here made me quite confident that it might be a good idea."

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Frostheart Mountains

The Scout gives a long musical howl into the air and stays quiet before another comes in reply. After a few seconds, the newcomer will hear the person make their way down the tree before dropping down in front of him. He'll see that the gruff voice is completely at odds with her willowy thin frame and height, but her black and brown fur hid her quite well in the trees. "You're allow in, but follow close. The spirits claim anything that's lost in the mist." She warns before gesturing for him to follow, her longbow at the ready.

Pathfinder's Tribe

Pathfinder's eyes and ears smile warmly at Reelshka and he'll lean over to nip her ear lovingly. "I'm glad that you think so. Do you still want some more time to prepare things?"

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frostheart Mountains]

Divayn looks towads the mists, wondering. He'd gotten to this place through the mists, but that had been controlled, a ritual. He wonders what would happen if something was lost into the mists without guidance.

Likely, it'd just vanish, as if it was never meant to be.

"I'm no stranger to mists and spirits," A memory of a dark and forsaken swamp plays through his mind, "Or the beasts from the Underworld."

He'll follow behind the scout; perhaps not as quickly as her, but he's out of shape and been climbing slopes all day, so at least it's understandable.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-02-12 at 02:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Pathfinder's Tribe

Pathfinder's eyes and ears smile warmly at Reelshka and he'll lean over to nip her ear lovingly. "I'm glad that you think so. Do you still want some more time to prepare things?"
    Reelshka's ears is nipped and she shivers pleasantly.
    "I think it's been long enough. I'll just make it all up as I go," she adds jokingly.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Frostheart Mountains

"We have no underworld." The Wolfen says quietly before leading him on. After a while, she slows her pace to allow the man to follow her without tiring so bad. "How long do you plan on staying?" She asks after a little longer.

Pathfinder's Tribe

The Shaman growls happily and reaches out to try and snag the gobliness by her waist and pull her close for curtains if she'll allow it.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Tribe]

Reelshka most definetly has no objections. It's fortunate that Brinika is staying with Notch and her family.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Frostheart Mountains

"We have no underworld." The Wolfen says quietly before leading him on. After a while, she slows her pace to allow the man to follow her without tiring so bad. "How long do you plan on staying?" She asks after a little longer.
    [Frostheart Mountains]

He'd been doing an admirable job of keeping up, but it had obviously been wearing on him, as is shown from his relief once they've slowed, "As long as I'm allowed, or until I've learned all I can."

He doesn't comment on the lack of an underworld. He knows that things can be different in different worlds, so he's not exactly expecting a direct transition.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

Frostheart Mountains

"Then let's hope you have something in trade." The Scout says with a small nod before leading him into a clearing. The clearing is one of mist instead of forest, leaving a large football field sized area that's completely free of the obscuring weather, revealing a massive village, practically a town, made of wooden huts. It seems to be a bit more permanent than many Wolfen villages.

Many races seem to populate the place, but it is still predominantly Wolfen, and the newcomer will smell roasting meat on the wind. "Welcome to my home." The Scout says with a warm toothless smile.

Pathfinder's Tribe

A month passes and one evening after Pathfinder gets some supplies packed away into their wagon, he heads to the campfires to try and find Reelshka, something else on his mind for the moment.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Tribe]

Reelshka can be found by the fire, drawing something. She's made a lot of drawings since their arrival in the tribe - of the camp, its inhabitants, the landscape and animals.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frostheart Mountains]

Divayn takes the space in curiously. He'd thought that Wolfen tribes stayed on the move rather than built permanent settlements, but it seemed he wasn't as learned as he thought. Still, it was good to know he wouldn't have to trek to some new place every week or two and set up camp again.

The mage sniffs the air, and his stomach growls audibly. A frown creases his face, and he says, "Time to eat?" rather hopefully.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Tribe

Pathfinder tries to slip his paws around Reelshka after kneeling down behind her and nuzzles her neck. "Reelshka, we're going to have a bit of company with us on the way back. I've been asked to take Silence up as my apprentice." He says. "I'll also be housing him in my hut back at GLoG."

Frostheart Mountains

The Wolfen can't help but chuckle. "Sure, but I'll have to introduce you to the Alpha and Council first." She says, appearing much less glum than before. She'll head off, gesturing for him to follow as she walks him through the town towards the center. In the center, he'll find a great many Wolfen gathered around a large roasting carcass, but seated aside are three people of particular interest. Especially since one is human. "This is the sorceror that was spotted." The Scout says, kneeling before them before gesturing backwards with his arm. "These are Elder Promise..." She says, nodding to an older white furred Wolfen wearing a blue cloak. "Elder Hope." She says, nodding to a middle-aged human woman wearing leather clothing, with long hair and obviously warrior-like musculature. "And Alpha Granitespeaker." She says, finally gesturing towards the Wolfen in the middle.

Granitespeaker has a metallic gold fur and eyes of the same color, and while she appears to be a normal Wolfen at first, little details arise that tell him that she's quite a bit different. Her claws appear glassy in appearance, and a shard of amethyst seems to have grown in behind her right ear. She gestures for the scout to rise with a small smile. "Thank you, Arrowdaughter, please go eat. I know you're likely hungry."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-02-23 at 05:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Tribe]

Reelshka settles comfortably in Pathfinder's arms, then raises her eyebrows.
    "Oh? Interesting. Brinika's going to be delighted to have him there. And I imagine the Applehills are going to love to meet him too."

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frostheart Mountains]

When Arrowdaughter kneels, divayn is surprised, but after a moment kneels as well, mostly out of cultural respect. Hope does catch his interest though;he didn't expect to find a human as one of the elders of the tribe, certainly. Still, he doesn't say anything to them, waiting for them to say something first, though he rises when Arrowdaughter does.

He looks distinctly uncomfortable with not knowing what to say.