New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Walking Dead- Season Two (Probably will be spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Seriously. What the hell happened after season 1? Nearing Season finale and you're still on the farm?
    Budget cuts.

Not because the show was doing poorly. It was doing great. But the execs realized they could make even more money by cutting budgets left and right. So they took them out of the city, put them on a farm. That way, they could film more scenes indoors. While a few episodes feature hordes, most of the season 02 episodes only contained one, maybe two zombies tops (such as the most recent one, which only had one zombie total) because it saves on makeup. Etc., etc., etc.

Long story short--executing meddling, that's what.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Yep. They slashed the budget, put a bunch of constraints on what the show was allowed to do, and axed the showrunner.

I miss you, Frank Darabont. I promise to watch your new show.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Too bad about the budget, but I should've realized it sooner.

What I really hate about the show (Other than some idiotic characters) is the way the writers forget everything that happens from episode to episode.

So, if you cover yourself with zombie meat & blood they believe you are one of them?
    And you do it ONE TIME, when it's about to rain?

And forget about it al those other times when you could've used it and be SAFER?

And that is just an example. Why not fortify a perimeter around the farm? I'm not talking about Beaumaris castle here.

A ditch, with a dirt wall (The same dirt you dug from the ditch) behind. Then you only have to worry to clear the ditch from time to time.

Spoiler
    Show
    I haven't watched anything about next episode, but I'll say this.
    They have to kill the boy. They already tortured him, threatened to kill him several times, and came awfully close to actually doing it.
    Was I in his place, whatever good will I had when Rick and company first rescued me would be in the drain half-way to the sea by now. Specially after Darryl's Lil Gestapo Session (Still, Darryl is the best character in the show. I mean, he is even right the group being broken).
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-03-11 at 04:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304

NinjaGuy

Sorry, doubleposted.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lodbroke; 2012-03-11 at 02:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Lodbroke View Post
    So, if you cover yourself with zombie meat & blood they believe you are one of them?
    And you do it ONE TIME, when it's about to rain?

And forget about it al those other times when you could've used it and be SAFER?
    The last time they did it, they had hazmat suits, which are gone now I guess? Doing it on unprotected skin would basically be suicide.

And that is just an example. Why not fortify a perimeter around the farm? I'm not talking about Beaumaris castle here.
    The farmland is enormous. Fortifying it would take weeks if not months even if they had materials handy, which they don't. And oh yeah, winter is coming, so there are more important things to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The last time they did it, they had hazmat suits, which are gone now I guess? Doing it on unprotected skin would basically be suicide.
    If that were really the case everyone who has been in melee with a zombie would be a zombie by now themselves, because everytime they go hand to hand they seem to have a dragon age level of gore.

I feel that I should clarify I was being facetious.
    Last edited by blackspeeker; 2012-03-11 at 03:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307

NinjaGuy

Right, I had forgotten about the suits.
    (Why are they gone? I think they threw them away that very day).

Then again, Rick covered himself with a dead walker the other day, and he was unprotected.
    And they are killing more and more walkers with melee tactics these days, getting splashed in (Aparently harmless?) blood. It's happened many times.

I read thet there is a reason for this in the comics (Big spoilers, so I'm not posting it XD).
    What I don't get is the attitude of the characters about it.

The farmland is enormous. Fortifying it would take weeks if not months even if they had materials handy, which they don't. And oh yeah, winter is coming, so there are more important things to do.
    Well, you can't do it in 2 days, and they can't build something complex like a wall.

But a ditch, surrounding at least the house. Or the main road entrance, or at least closing off some of the nearby forest.
    It may be late for that (Winter is coming, as you say). but they have been sitting on their asses in that farm for a pretty long time.

How much digging could take place in 2 weeks?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

Well, you can't do it in 2 days, and they can't build something complex like a wall.

But a ditch, surrounding at least the house. Or the main road entrance, or at least closing off some of the nearby forest.
    It may be late for that (Winter is coming, as you say). but they have been sitting on their asses in that farm for a pretty long time.

I'm not going to pretend that I know how much digging 10 or so people could get done in that amount of time, however I do believe there is heavy duty digging equipment somewhere near that farm. Whether that is 10 or 30 minutes away I wouldn't bet on. But I do think that it would be near where they were going to drop off the kid. The only reason I think this is because my dad pointed out that there was a truck for refilling buses and other vehicles in that episode. Its halfbaked but whatever.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

So, whoever made the post that everyone is infected, you were right. So remember everyone, if you're about to die, make sure you pop a bullet in your head.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

That episode kinda gave me chills.

Then after the emotional bit wore off and my brain began to work again, it kinda sneered at the drama of Dad thinking Kid is going to shoot him. The kid would have said something normally (not to mention why the heck is he wandering the fields at night at random), if only to make his Dad move out of the way, because he was aiming so close to Dad that Dad thought he was pointing it at him. Kid hasn't shot much and could easily have missed Zombie Douchebag and hit Dad.
    Last edited by Joxer t' Mighty; 2012-03-12 at 01:56 AM.
    Helping others is a good and noble cause, but sometimes the best way you can help them is by lending them a sword and telling them to go slay their own damned dragons.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Halleluah! The walking, talking Douchebag known as Shane is finally dead. Huzzah!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Halleluah! The walking, talking Douchebag known as Shane is finally dead. Huzzah!
    Twice even!
    Helping others is a good and noble cause, but sometimes the best way you can help them is by lending them a sword and telling them to go slay their own damned dragons.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

I've been waiting for this day for some time now, god I hated Shane. Not that he wasn't bad-ass or anything, because he was, but because he felt more and more like a child. Things not going his way, he'd threaten to kill you. Not listening to him, he'd go sulk, and then come back and threaten to kill you. Anytime Lori would talk to him, he'd threaten (or try in some cases) to kill Rick. Was kinda getting sick of it (though him hurling a monkey wrench at Rick was a bit amusing)

"Things not going your way? those pesky zombies in the triple locked barn bugging you? Try Shane-o-vision!

It helps you take minor threats and blow them out of proportion to the point everyone wants you dead. Side effects include Zombification upon death, lots of sweating, increased tenancy to barbarian rage, under thinking dumb plans, and re-death from a 10 year old kid.

Shane-o-vision is not for everyone. Consult with your doctor to determine if Shane-o-vision is right for you."
    Last edited by Kaez; 2012-03-12 at 02:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314

NinjaGuy

Dude, I'm going to love this episode.

So, the overbearing, self-righteous douche is fanally gone!

Ding-dong, the witch is dead and all that.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Man! I thought of something increadibly funny and perfect to post when I was sleeping last night, but now I forgot it! Grrrrr!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Those three guys could maybe put in a good sized ditch around the house in two weeks, if they were lucky with soft soil and such. And thats with nothing else to do, and plenty of food, and not ruining their hands with blisters in the first few days.

A ditch around the farm? It would take years. Digging is hard, hard work. Thats why they burned all the bodies except the nearest and dearest.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay I now hate Lori

I could forgive her "car trip" to find Rick as bad writing, just trying to force drama by giving a character the idiot ball. But now?

Spoiler
    Show
    Her reaction to Rick after he confesses to killing Shane, she is horrified?
    Last edited by GenericGuy; 2012-03-19 at 12:25 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GenericGuy View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Her reaction to Rick after he confesses to killing Shane, she is horrified?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's more being horrified that Rick said he wanted to kill Shane and implies he had wanted to do so for a while. There's the additional bit where he says Carl put Shane down, which she has some reason to be horrified about - in her mind it's probable that either Rick allowed Carl to do it or Rick instructed Carl to do it.

Well, that sure was an end to the season. Next season they could stand to spread the budget out over the whole thing, at least, so they can work some plot advancement into the first half.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah... I was underwhelmed by this whole season. As I was by the first in fact.

I dunno why I'm so into it. I guess I keep having such high expectations I get myself excited about it. It's got all the ingredients to be a tasty dish, but the cooks don't know what the hell they're doing.

This episode ticked me off so much. They have survived how many attacks? And they have how much experience now with perfect headshots? Despite this we lost two folks, almost three. Does no one know how to look behind them? Put their back to a wall or tree? Does no one know how to run? Or even move faster than an alarmed prance? They call the undead Walkers, but that name seems to apply more to the group. Any half-way competent jogger could run circles around the fastest of them.

Also, that guy driving the camper, he could have gone on once Rick and Co. were on the roof, slowly (though still faster than the Walkers were walking, with them on top). The roof even has sidebars to hold onto. That's what I was expecting the whole time. But then he just STOPS right in the middle of them and stays stopped.

And yes, Lori needs to die. She is such a useless, helpless 'little woman'.
    Actually, I take it back. She is less than useless and helpless. She is a LIABILITY to such a degree she may even surpass Shane.

OF COURSE Rick wanted Shane dead. The guy wanted to kill him and take his wife and children! If my wife killed a woman who wanted to kill her and take me and my kids, I'd be rooting for her! Then my son saves his mother's life when dead bitch rises? I'd be proud!

Also, why the hell does it take them all day to get anywhere in Georgia? I drive to work near where this is being taped. I live an hour away. I can drive to Tennessee in less than two hours from Atlanta. You can't help but pass a hundred gas stations along the way either. Most of the stations should still be filled up. They didn't try a one and even say they'd been on red for a nearly an hour. You couldn't have stopped even once in that time to look for gas before waiting until you got stranded? What?

Finally, why are they getting low on ammo? Did no one stock up all this time? I hate to further strengthen the opinion of my state as good ole boy Dixie... but yeah, we got a lot of gun shops, and even places like Wal-mart sells them. There's enough ammo in ONE shop to keep a mere dozen or so folks supplied through half a war. I'd mention that some gas stations do as well, but we've already discovered Rick has an aversion to them.

*agonizes*
    Last edited by Joxer t' Mighty; 2012-03-19 at 01:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joxer t' Mighty View Post
    OF COURSE Rick wanted Shane dead. The guy wanted to kill him and take his wife and children! If my wife killed a woman who wanted to kill her and take me and my kids, I'd be rooting for her! Then my son saves his mother's life when dead bitch rises? I'd be proud!
    Right, because Rick simply explained all that, and didn't say that he saw it coming but didn't stop it because he really wanted to kill Shane.

Really, this change from "All life is sacred" Rick to "I wanted to kill him" Rick is something that would cause concern over someone's mental well-being. Plus it was really the "Carl put him down" bit that bothered her the most. Again, she didn't get a detailed play by play of the whole thing, just "Carl put him down".
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Right, because Rick simply explained all that, and didn't say that he saw it coming but didn't stop it because he really wanted to kill Shane.

Really, this change from "All life is sacred" Rick to "I wanted to kill him" Rick is something that would cause concern over someone's mental well-being. Plus it was really the "Carl put him down" bit that bothered her the most. Again, she didn't get a detailed play by play of the whole thing, just "Carl put him down".
    That's an endemic condition of the whole series, no one explaining anything. Again, it's just for drama sake, though it's so artificial it can't suspend our disbelief. Who the hell 'nutshells' the killing of a best friend?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

That's an endemic condition of the whole series, no one explaining anything. Again, it's just for drama sake, though it's so artificial it can't suspend our disbelief. Who the hell 'nutshells' the killing of a best friend?
    Someone who's still emotionally ***ed up about having to kill his best friend, operating on a lack of sleep, and trying to lead a group in an extremely stressful time. At that point he's had no time to come to terms with what happened yet and was getting the complex emotions he was dealing with out for the first time.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Which would be obvious to a significant other, who wouldn't just stand there looking horrified, but would start pelting them with questions.

Btw, which side exactly are you arguing for anyways? Seem to be condemning him, and then excusing
    Last edited by Joxer t' Mighty; 2012-03-19 at 02:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Which would be obvious to a significant other, who wouldn't just stand there looking horrified, but would start pelting them with questions.
    Depends on whether the significant other thinks he might have snapped or not. Given what they've been going through, someone snapping isn't a terribly unlikely occurrence.

Btw, which side exactly are you arguing for anyways? Seem to be condemning him, and then excusing
    All I'm saying is, the man is a bit off right now, and doesn't quite seem himself. Whether this is a permanent change of mindset in dealing with the crapsack world they're living it, or merely a temporary effect(affect? it's too late for me to use the right word and I keep switching back and forth on it) brought upon by the extreme circumstances is unknown at this point. Because of this, Lori not immediately accepting everything and knowing it's all ok doesn't bother me.

25. - Top - End - #325

I haven't read the comic, so I was hoping that the hooded character with the blade was Merle, having grafted a weapon onto his stump somehow. He seems like he'd be a good Shane replacement at this point.

Then I read the article on CNN today, and it's some new character :-(

26. - Top - End - #326

BardGuy

“Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us, come because we actually deserve them? So now I take comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the Universe”- Marcus Cole

This has become my philosophy!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Then I read the article on CNN today, and it's some new character :-(
    Oh, don't worry. New character is great.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Not just Lori, it seems like all of the women in the group exist solely to cause drama and sow chaos within the group. Remember, in the camp scene at the very end, it was all the women who were trying to convince everyone to turn against Rick (Carol, Maggie, and Beth). Hell, Carol was outright playing Lady MacBeth there to Darryl.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the writers of this show aren't secretly misogynistic or something.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Lori: Shane's a menace to everyone in the group. He wants your family for his own. You got to do something about him, Rick.

Rick: I killed Shane.

Lori: OHMIGOD WHY DID YOU DO THAT

Also, do motorhomes not come with bloody locks?!
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2012-03-19 at 03:49 PM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

30. - Top - End - #330

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    Lori: Shane's a menace to everyone in the group. He wants your family for his own. You got to do something about him, Rick.

Rick: I killed Shane.

Lori: OHMIGOD WHY DID YOU DO THAT
    Seriously. The only good thing she ever did was using the safety belt that time she stopped to look at the road WHILE DRIVING to check the damn map.

And even that could be argued to be a bad thing, because if she had been as stupid with the belt as she is with everything else, she would've gone right through that windshield, and out of the series.

It would have been almost perfect (The group would have lost rest of the season looking for the corpse).