New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Walking Dead- Season Two (Probably will be spoilers)

Don't really follow the show, but I do make the rounds asking about it every once in awhile.

Are they still making cringe worthy screw ups with the guns that make anyone who knows anything about them sit there and think "Are firearms consultants so expensive it's impossible to have one or something?"
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Keldrin View Post
    While i have some problems with childbirth as emergency every damned time in t.v. shows, there was some good acting. Ever since i listened to Lori's actress being interviewed on the CBC's "Q" show, i've liked her more.
    Well, as Lori rightly points out, the number of women who died in childbirth before the advent of modern medicine used to be far higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Are they still making cringe worthy screw ups with the guns that make anyone who knows anything about them sit there and think "Are firearms consultants so expensive it's impossible to have one or something?"
    As I've never handled a gun, I couldn't tell you.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So... Rick will now become a wreck as he realizes that he is responsible for Lori and T-Dog dying and people will deal with having a baby around and integrate the 2 new guys (backup black guy, yeah!). Meanwhile, Daryll will meet Merle and go to the town with him, and Rick will emerge from his funk 2 episodes before the season finale where there's a big battle between the group and the governor's forces, Daryll chooses friends over family, and Andrea, who by now is the gov's girlfriend, will leave him to be eaten by zombies when she realizes what a monster he is.

This is my prediction.

Also, Lori's dead, and I am glad. Also, Carl and blond girl need to stop flirting, ew...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Also, Carl and blond girl need to stop flirting, ew...
    She's 16, he's 13. I don't think there was a law against that even before the police were all eaten by zombies. (Minus Rick, of course.)
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2012-11-05 at 11:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Seriously, just 16? I would have said 20 or so. Complaint retracted then
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    I'm also happy T-Dog is now visible and actually speaks couple times per episode. In the past he was more like a living prop sometimes.
    Well, so much for that... I had to jinx it.

Pity really, there was some potential when hey meet Merle again. But I guess onehand will just put all the blame on Rick.

That one inmate Rick left for dead pulling a Deus Ex Machina was a pretty lame twist. Far as I remember we even heard screams that sounded very much like 'getting ripped apart by Walkers'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

That one inmate Rick left for dead pulling a Deus Ex Machina was a pretty lame twist. Far as I remember we even heard screams that sounded very much like 'getting ripped apart by Walkers'.
    The minute the trouble started, I knew exactly who it was. I didn't think it was a lame plot twist.

Screams do no equal dead. I'd scream too if I was surrounded by walkers and alone.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

For what it is worth, there was a somewhat similar situation in the comics where someone is locked in an area with walkers in the prison but survives...though that was partly to show his badassery, not because he was a bad guy.

I think that as soon as I saw this inmate locked into the yard, I immediately knew he'd live because of the comic book precedent...and once the sneak peeks showed something going on at the prison I figured it was that inmate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Because I don't think they're going to do the rest of the prison storyline involving the other other inmate...but I could be wrong!

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

So, that episode happened. Telephone call at the end, Rick's starting (Or already has) lose it. And Ninja lady split up with Andrea. What will happen next?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    Well, as Lori rightly points out, the number of women who died in childbirth before the advent of modern medicine used to be far higher.

As I've never handled a gun, I couldn't tell you.
    I'll point out two form the first couple of seasons.

Season 1: Sheriff and deputy are going off to respond to some emergency that I beleive was related to the start of the zombie apocolipse. Sheriff tells deputy to make sure his safety is off on his side arm. Deputy fiddles with gun and there is a click sound.

Gun is a Glock. Gen 1-3 glocks had no safety other then "Don't pull the trigger till your ready to shoot." Gen 4 glocks have a lever that is in front of the trigger so it get's depressed by the finger when you pull the trigger, so there is no process for taking the safety off. This particular brand is very famous/infamous for this.

Season two: Walkers are mass attacking the farm. The farmer is sitting there fighting them with his shotgun, blasting very dramatically again and again and again into the on coming horde with it but he just cant kill them fast enough, there's too many, he ultimately has to retreat with everyone away form the farm, much as he hates doing it.

During the fighting, there is a pause, were he sticks two shells into the gun and resumes firing.

the gun design should allow at most for 12 shots, 14 maybe 16 with the reload shown. He fires it over thirty times during the scene. It's a magic freaking shotgun that apparently never runs out of ammo.

I'd forgive stuff like this if I wasn't always hearing how realistic the show was.
    "I Burn!"

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

So, that guy in the house with the dead fox. The way he was acting, it made it seem like he didn't know there were walkers around, but considering how populated the walkers were around the area, thats impossible. I was very confused about that scene.

Edit: Also Glenn, Baddass mode enabled.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-11-26 at 04:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

It's because the show as a whole has huge plot holes that tend to get ignored for whatever reason.

sorta like how we are expected to ignore the fact that apparently, more then nine months into the Zombie end of the world, the grass is still being cut more or less everywhere.

Or as I posted above, the utterly cringe worthy screw-ups with the firearms.
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Could just be a complete crazy person, you know.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    It's because the show as a whole has huge plot holes that tend to get ignored for whatever reason.

sorta like how we are expected to ignore the fact that apparently, more then nine months into the Zombie end of the world, the grass is still being cut more or less everywhere.

Or as I posted above, the utterly cringe worthy screw-ups with the firearms.
    Well, it could be that zombies are part goat and eat the grass down to a certain length.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Could just be a complete crazy person, you know.
    I wished that wouldn't be the case, but considering they threw his body out to be eaten to the bone by the zombies, we'll never know, will we?

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, that guy in the house with the dead fox. The way he was acting, it made it seem like he didn't know there were walkers around, but considering how populated the walkers were around the area, thats impossible. I was very confused about that scene.
    Just a crazy hermit, is all. Where I live, you can't throw a rock in the bush without hitting some idgit who prefers living amongst the squirrels and leaves to … whatchemacallit … people.

Some are runnin' from their pasts, some are runnin' from UFOs and some are just trying to puzzle out the mysteries of the universe amidst the majesty and solitude of nature.

And grow massive fields of weed.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2012-11-27 at 12:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    Just a crazy hermit, is all. Where I live, you can't throw a rock in the bush without hitting some idgit who prefers living amongst the squirrels and leaves to … whatchemacallit … people.

Some are runnin' from their pasts, some are runnin' from UFOs and some are just trying to puzzle out the mysteries of the universe amidst the majesty and solitude of nature.

And grow massive fields of weed.
    And these people would say they'll call the police after 10 months of people eating each daily have been going on around his "house"?

17. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground

And these people would say they'll call the police after 10 months of people eating each daily have been going on around his "house"?
    he might if he has been at the aforementioned weed a lot.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

For the most part I like the new fire and purpose behind the show's writing this season; the gang has gotten competent, almost scarily so, and it makes the season a pleasure to watch. However, while they've gotten Michonne's general badass persona from the comics down pretty well, I have to say that she's gratingly stupid when it comes to anything but sniffing out bad guys and chopping heads.

It's only the latest in a series of bad decisions and puzzling misses on her part, but last night's was the most egregious by far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are standing over the beaten body of the Governor, surrounded by decapitated zombie heads, in the middle of an expedition to rescue prisoners (and take your own personal revenge, which I actually found interesting). Your friend of several months comes in and points a gun at you after you've won. Do you

A) Take your sword off her and explain what the Governor did, both to you and the group you're with?
    B) Gesture at the room around you, which makes it pretty damn clear that the Governor was not playing with a full deck at all?
    c) Put two and two together, and tell your friend that, hey, you're here with her old group, she should come and see them?
    D) Say nothing, glare at her like a maniac, circle around in a gun vs sword standoff before, STILL SAYING NOTHING, simply turning around and walking away?

If you picked any answer other than D), congratulations, you're smarter than Michonne! Maybe they're trying to write her as straight up crazy and unable to articulate herself, but she's really giving off the impression of simply not being willing to talk about any damn thing ever due to sheer stubbornness. Which isn't the case with comics Michonne, and seems like a move guaranteed to make pretty much everyone watching shout "What an idiot!" at the screen, never a good thing.

Also, normally I don't hate Andrea like a lot of people seem to. Heck, I even think her current arc is mostly a believable one for her character on the show, and don't think she's an utter moron for not catching on to the Governor (especially since Michonne won't just tell her about it jesus christ). However, her sheer pigheadedness tonight while the Governor is giving orders was just infuriating, the the level of when she shot Darryl last season. There she argued with the people who knew what they were about and put everyone at risk just to prove that she was a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN!! Here, they're in the middle of a crisis situation, under attack by unknown forces who have infiltrated their town, and she is wasting time trying to once again prove she's a STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN!! and arguing with the man who everyone acknowledges is in charge and she has no reason to doubt, saying that checking whether people are all right and searching houses for the infiltrators is beneath her.

Lady, we get that you think you're badass; you might even be. But you willingly joined this town and put yourself under the Governor's rule, and wasting time trying to glory hound during a crisis is just giving him more reason to doubt you than he had before.

This show ... it has some awesome characters and such breathtaking highs, but every once in a while has total infuriating stupidity thrown in for little to no reason.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Remember, this isn't the first time Andrea has disobeyed the Guvnor. Remember jumping the wall?

Also, Daryl's brother getting betrayed, I liked that. And if the guvnor somehow drags his feet and they escape, we may have a begging for forgiveness Mertile rejoining the group. And now its war with mainly equal sides. We have the new survivors in the prison and the guvnor has alot of noncombatants, meaning the regular "No-name" combatants should be roughly the same size as Rick's group. Come February, every sunday will probably be accompanied with popcorn.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

So agreed about Michonne's handling of the situation once Andrea arrived. What part of "Your friend here had some people hostage, and I helped their friends get them back." Hells, she should have been able to think things through enough to slip in some information that might tell Andrea that it's her group - "An Asian boy and his girlfriend" or "That Merle bastard recognized one of them from Atlanta" would have worked.

And even now that Andrea knows Daryl was among the group, it doesn't look like she's going to abandon the Governor. Comics Andrea is a competent badass. Show Andrea is a social climber with delusions of badass competency. Which works for her character in the show, and it's consistent, but it really is a pain to watch sometimes.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

21. - Top - End - #441

MindFlayer

Remember, this isn't the first time Andrea has disobeyed the Guvnor. Remember jumping the wall?
    There she didn't seem to even know the rule before she went over, and they weren't in the middle of a crisis. I didn't see it as a big deal in that case, as opposed to arguing over a minute during a deadly assault just because she wanted more action.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    So agreed about Michonne's handling of the situation once Andrea arrived. What part of "Your friend here had some people hostage, and I helped their friends get them back." Hells, she should have been able to think things through enough to slip in some information that might tell Andrea that it's her group - "An Asian boy and his girlfriend" or "That Merle bastard recognized one of them from Atlanta" would have worked.

And even now that Andrea knows Daryl was among the group, it doesn't look like she's going to abandon the Governor. Comics Andrea is a competent badass. Show Andrea is a social climber with delusions of badass competency. Which works for her character in the show, and it's consistent, but it really is a pain to watch sometimes.
    Just opening her mouth at all would probably have led to those details coming out, even if she couldn't think of them herself! Just acknowledging that your friend has questions and you should answer them! Ugh. Only thing I can think is that it's supposed to be a function of Michonne being "adapted" to the zombie world in ways that make her horrible at dealing with humans, as the creators have hinted at a few times. Which I can see working, but not when it requires out and out stupidity, not just constant distrust.

In fairness to Andrea not leaving Woodside in the near future ... her old group did kinda never come for her. And over the second season she seemed to grow farther and farther apart from them anyway (mostly because she was kind of a git, same as Shane). Show Andrea is just an entirely different character, which is sad considering how cool the character in the books became. Still, I'm willing to accept the deviation, but I'm still annoyed by her inability to recognize that sometimes, other people know best.

Heck, I shouldn't be that annoyed with her disobeying the national guard murdering, rape threatening, few cards short of a full deck governor who's trying to keep her from seeing how he's lied to her ... but from her perspective, she knows none of those things, seems to believe he's a good person and good leader, and still thinks she knows best. Even when she told that scientist "They're just monsters," I wanted to scream at her. How the heck do you know that? What kind of study have you ever done? What basis for your sure knowledge do you actually have?

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Here's an interesting graphic that was published in one of our national newspapers in Canada that I thought I'd share. It illustrates that zombie-killing definitely hasn't decreased from season to season:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12...series-so-far/

23. - Top - End - #443

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    Even when she told that scientist "They're just monsters," I wanted to scream at her. How the heck do you know that? What kind of study have you ever done? What basis for your sure knowledge do you actually have?
    I assumed she was basing it on what CDC guy told them and showed them before he got incinerated. I've actually been wondering why she hasn't mentioned that at all to the scientist guy so far. I would think he would want to pick her brain as much as possible about her time with that guy. Like so many other things in the show at the moment, a lot could be cleared up if certain people would talk just a little bit.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    ...and still thinks she knows best. Even when she told that scientist "They're just monsters," I wanted to scream at her. How the heck do you know that? What kind of study have you ever done? What basis for your sure knowledge do you actually have?
    Direct observational evidence - 100% of the non-delimbed and dejawed walkers with which she has had contact have tried to consume her flesh/transmit their necroambulatory state - including the subset of freshly dead, previously familiar and closely affiliated walkers. Think of it as thousands (well, hundreds for sure) of case studies if you like, validated with survey of other survivors (though there may be a group bias there).

Not quite a DBRCT study, but pretty good in my book. Not all science is accomplished in the lab.
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

25. - Top - End - #445

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    Direct observational evidence - 100% of the non-delimbed and dejawed walkers with which she has had contact have tried to consume her flesh/transmit their necroambulatory state - including the subset of freshly dead, previously familiar and closely affiliated walkers. Think of it as thousands (well, hundreds for sure) of case studies if you like, validated with survey of other survivors (though there may be a group bias there).

Not quite a DBRCT study, but pretty good in my book. Not all science is accomplished in the lab.
    Sure, that's their base state, but the scientist dude wasn't testing that. He was testing whether there was ANY memory or sign of intelligence in the walkers, that might come to light when they're carefully prepared and prevented from eating.

Granted, we pretty much know that's not the case, but the sum total of Andrea's interactions have been: normal day-to-day zombie killing (they try to eat you, nothing new), killing her reanimated sister (who tried to eat Andrea, but rather weakly, IIRC, which could point to some memory), the CDC video (zombie brains are dead but parts of it light back up, I think just the stem, was it?) and Michonne's walkers (who were actually somewhat trained). So there's some brain function, they can be conditioned to some extent; from their perspective, it's very remote, but at least a smidge possible, that some intelligence might be found.

Of course, Andrea is not the sort to be comfortable with such a possibility, so I have may have been too harsh in calling her out on it. Still, from the evidence she has, I'd say it's not at all a 100% certainty that absolutely nothing remains, which makes her patronizing tone a bit annoying.