New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Walking Dead- Season Two (Probably will be spoilers)

Did nobody see the thin philly guy reach for his gun before Rick shot him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

I did, wasn't even aware there was any confusion on that point. So Rick didn't really solve anything there, he just acted in self-defence. Unless Tyndmyr was referring to Rick being decisive and solving the problem by telling the two guys to go piss off check out Nebraska?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If that's what he meant, then ok, but if he was praising him for shooting two guys who annoyed him... I mean I get liking Shane but that would be callous even for him.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    That might be what they intended, but if so, they certainly failed to portray it well...at a minimum, it's a black mark against the writers for failing to show motivation.

As it is, I can't really see what she was hoping to accomplish by her actions.
    Yeah, that what I was saying. That was a strange segment, it needed to be handled differently.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mathis View Post
    I did, wasn't even aware there was any confusion on that point. So Rick didn't really solve anything there, he just acted in self-defence. Unless Tyndmyr was referring to Rick being decisive and solving the problem by telling the two guys to go piss off check out Nebraska?
    He solved the problem of two guys that went from nosy and prying to downright aggressive. He could have instead given them directions to the farm(correct or not), and the other two there seemed to be comfortable letting Rick take leadership of the situation. Refusing to give them information, and responding in kind(and effectively!) to imminent violence is definitely a good call. This is the kind of leadership Rick's been needing to demonstrate.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Did nobody see the thin philly guy reach for his gun before Rick shot him?
    Wait, the guy did? I must've looked down then because I just heard gunshots and before I knew it, he was taking shots at the fat guy.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #247

Easy to overlook, it all happens in like two seconds. I must say I'm impressed at how quick Rick was on the draw though, and accurate too. It's not easy to draw your gun and put a bullet through someones face in less than a second. Rewatched the episode with some friends today and that last scene really is good, still kept me uncomfortable on my seat the entire time. If they keep this up the last part of the season is going to be kick-ass.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Banned

BlackDragon

Yes he did, i saw it too.

Too bad for him Rick was faster.

That being said, Hershel finally learned his lesson about the nature of the zeds.
    And Lori is being an idiot...again
    And Shane is being an A-hole...as usual.

Kind of worried about the smoke caused by burning those bodies though.
    I mean, smoke that is obviously not caused by a forest fire is going to draw attention, possibly from zeds, but definitely from looters.

That said, that zed at the start was smart enough to play dead until someone got in range, but too dumb to go for the arms that were much easier to reach than the face or neck? What?

For the record, my favorite characters are Redneck Mcbadass and Delivery Boy, AKA Daryl and Glenn.
    Though Glenn really needs to learn to say no when the others are being stupid (Which happens far too often)
    Last edited by Mixt; 2012-02-15 at 02:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

I saw it as the entire philly group being predatory, and preying on other survivors. They were not specifically interested in Rick and company...but rather, in pressuring them for the location of the party, and it's supplies and what not. They would probably be willing to kill one or more of them to get that, and that's where I saw that going.
    But backup was on the way! I just think the Philly guys' actions were incredibly stupid if their entire group is as predatory as they were.
    It began - and ends - with Pylon. Pylon stands in the doorway, beckoning me in.

my last.fm
    my rym

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofsaulot View Post
    But backup was on the way! I just think the Philly guys' actions were incredibly stupid if their entire group is as predatory as they were.
    I will agree that they were not the smartest of players...but who knows how big a group they have, or if there really even is a group other than them. Their aim seemed to be in coercing a location out of them asap, and they'd probably utilize coercion later to get whatever they wanted. Basically, a bully sort of strategy. It can work, but it's seriously dangerous. Not a strategy I'd advocate for obvious reasons, but one that I'd consider acceptable to portray in the genre.

Also, I wouldn't consider Lori useful backup in any sort of a fight. More of a liability.

Now, if there really is a larger group of people from Philly, they're likely to be similarly inclined, so this could blow up into a major thing.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Lori, on the other hand, seems to be self-destructive purely out of some inability to think more than one or two selfish steps ahead. She's being pigeon-holed as some cliche 'whiny irrational female' that the group probably doesn't need. If you're going require a cliched hollywood female role, you could play up the maternal aspects and have her be the voice of compassion instead of whatever she's doing now.
    Yeah, she's by far the worst character on the show. It's like she exists solely to force artificial drama.

Actually, not just her. She's just by far the worst offender. To those who read the comics, I have to ask, are all the women totally useless in them, too? Or is it just the show? It's pretty offensive.

Anyone else get the feeling that the scene with the sick daughter in bed right before Lori feels the need for someone to go after Rick was meant to show that what's-her-name was getting suddenly worse? Because that's about the only way her actions would make sense to me.
    Even then, it doesn't make much sense. What, did Lori think Rick and Glenn were just pissing around, wasting time? That she needed to go tell them to hurry it up?

Wait, is this the same girl? The girl who ran crying to her shot up mother who then turned out somehow did not get shot in the head and somehow decided to play dead until the next unfortunate soul come to check if she was dead and then try to bite girl? That girl?
    Yes, her name is Beth, I think. And I don't know why they didn't check her for bites or scratches. If it turns out she's not in shock, but actually infected, the entire cast are completely stupid. If not Hershel and his family, at the very least, Rick's crew should have immediately put two and two together.

Wait, the guy did? I must've looked down then because I just heard gunshots and before I knew it, he was taking shots at the fat guy.
    Exact same thing happened to me. I glanced away for a second, heard gunshots, looked back and two guys were dead. I assumed Rick had good reason for that, but I had to go look it up online on a synopsis later to be sure.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Yeah, she's by far the worst character on the show. It's like she exists solely to force artificial drama.

Actually, not just her. She's just by far the worst offender. To those who read the comics, I have to ask, are all the women totally useless in them, too? Or is it just the show? It's pretty offensive.
    Lori's slightly less useless in the comic, Andrea is much better in the comic, Carol is actually more useless, and Maggie is about the same. However, there's a major female character who hasn't been introduced yet on the show who is a complete badass.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'd also glanced away...had to rewind it to make sure. Yay for DVR!

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Lori's slightly less useless in the comic, Andrea is much better in the comic, Carol is actually more useless, and Maggie is about the same. However, there's a major female character who hasn't been introduced yet on the show who is a complete badass.
    Yeah, you've got two very strong female chars in the comics. There's some weak ones and moderate ones too, but overall, you get a much better spread of ability. Feels more realistic.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

I will agree that they were not the smartest of players...but who knows how big a group they have, or if there really even is a group other than them. Their aim seemed to be in coercing a location out of them asap, and they'd probably utilize coercion later to get whatever they wanted. Basically, a bully sort of strategy. It can work, but it's seriously dangerous. Not a strategy I'd advocate for obvious reasons, but one that I'd consider acceptable to portray in the genre.
    Either of our predictions are distinct possibilities. My main point was that, from a moral standpoint, my prediction would be a lot more interesting for Rick to deal with than if the other group was simply a band of raiders.
    It began - and ends - with Pylon. Pylon stands in the doorway, beckoning me in.

my last.fm
    my rym

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Either of our predictions are distinct possibilities. My main point was that, from a moral standpoint, my prediction would be a lot more interesting for Rick to deal with than if the other group was simply a band of raiders.
    Oh, fully agree!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

I thought Lori was pretty useless and obnoxious in the comics as well, but on the show she is teeth-grindingly awful. Hopefully her wrecked car explodes and she dies in the resulting conflagration.

17. - Top - End - #257

I was really disappointed with season 2 right up until episode 7 where they killed all the barn walkers. Episode 8 was pretty badass as well. Rick killing those guys was awesome. It seems like the show is back on track to being good. I was worried because the search for the little girl was boring as all hell.
    Lillien Lemmerin:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=111721

Member of the Mr Scruffy fan club

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm watching the intro of Triggerfingers... twice. Go on, eat her, EAT HER!
    Helping others is a good and noble cause, but sometimes the best way you can help them is by lending them a sword and telling them to go slay their own damned dragons.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

I missed the episode. Anyway I can watch it online?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Poor Dale, the person you care about most in the group is literally sleeping with the enemy.

Poor Herschel, you come home after being thought missing and maybe dead and your daughter blows right past you for a guy she didn't know a week ago.

And while we're at it, poor Maggie, you tell a guy you love him and he and others are put in danger because of it.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we've established that Team Philly is in fact fairly stupid and/or predatory. In addition to the extremely unsubtle tactics, leaving their own guys behind was...not terribly necessary, and does not cast them in a good light.

That said, Rick's response was the worst possible one. My suggestion was "just shoot them all. It'll likely come to that anyway, may as well be the one ambushing". My roomie's suggestion was "tell them you killed some walkers, ask them to identify if any of them might have been their friends". Either suggestion would have been better than what they actually did.

And the whole "just pull the leg up" was blatantly obvious early on. Like, a lot more obvious than an impromptu amputation with zombies closing in.

Also, my gf got to see the show for the first time yesterday. Her evaluation was "God, they do a lot of talking about their feelings". This is from the same woman that made me watch the Notebook. This is not a good sign.

Lori is still stupid. So very stupid.

Shane lying to her to keep her safe was not a big deal. I'm confused as to why THIS was the thing that bothered the party.

Glen freezing up under gunfire is normal. Doesn't bother me. He's probably not really a pro at gunfights.

I am confused at the lack of role definition in this group. This is something humans normally do automatically, and it happens faster in smaller groups. Sure, Glenn has an informal role of "run in there and loot stuff", and we've got the tracker role filled but basically nobody else has bothered to really a grab a role. Rick and Shane are squabbling over leadership, sort of, and basically everyone else is useless. Chars are getting even more one dimensional, if that's possible.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

I am confused at the lack of role definition in this group. This is something humans normally do automatically, and it happens faster in smaller groups. Sure, Glenn has an informal role of "run in there and loot stuff", and we've got the tracker role filled but basically nobody else has bothered to really a grab a role. Rick and Shane are squabbling over leadership, sort of, and basically everyone else is useless. Chars are getting even more one dimensional, if that's possible.
    This bothered me too. I can understand a powerstruggle for leadership, & I'd add that Dale has assumed the role of adviser & as the group's conscience, he is also clearly the Camp Guard, & is on lookout most of the time, but I don't understand why the other four can't define their job or even do a job. You rarely see T-Dawg on screen let alone doing anything. Andrea only pops up to give people a hard time... it's a mess.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heh, the actor who plays T-dawg is showing at the Atlanta 'Run For Your Live's' zombie themed relay race.

One guy responded in the comment sections that of course he can take a few days off. It's not like he's busy with the show :P
    Last edited by Joxer t' Mighty; 2012-02-22 at 09:38 PM.
    Helping others is a good and noble cause, but sometimes the best way you can help them is by lending them a sword and telling them to go slay their own damned dragons.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

So did anyone else also notice the inconsistency in the episode with the burning of the bodies from the barn?

At one point it has T-dog driving the truck with Andrea sitting on the tailgate as they drive away. Then they showed Shane and T-dog burning the bodies with Andrea in the house as Lori does 'teh stoopid' and leaves to find Rick asking Andrea to keep an eye on Carl. Then they show Andrea and Shane burning bodies next to the truck.

I loved the first season but the 2nd season has so many of the characters getting hit with the moron stick, and the writing seems focused on making things happen just for the drama and no other reason. They seem to just write things in that really seem to stretch what people would do in a given situation just to set up other "unrealistic" scenes/events.

A friend of mine said one of the writers from the first season is no longer there and that is the cause of the not so good stuff this season. Sucks because it was a great show and now I watch it with a lot of dislike yet still am invested in how this will all end.
    "When the DM has the Beholder use all its eye rays for one turn on the Elf Wizard, he IS going to kill him."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, in the next episode, Shane becomes a zombie right? Because unless for some weird reason zombie blood isn't infectious since he cut himself on a dirty knife he's done. As for the situation at the farm, it's a bit odd that the only character that made any sense was Andrea, and she was talking about letting someone kill themselves... crap. I don't get why they don't trust the kid... They saved his life at great risk to their own and as far as I know he hasn't done anything to them other them shooting at them in a battle.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking to myself the same thing..."I sure hope they cleaned those knives earlier."

As for Andrea vs Lori, I can't stand either. I think they were both wrong, basically. No psychologist in the world is going to recommend you give someone suicidal a knife and let them figure it out on their own.

Speaking of which, did that whole B-plot seem kind of pointless? Has anyone really become invested in Beth, and give two flips if she lives or dies? Heck, I didn't even know her name until the last episode. Most of the people I know who watch this show still don't know her name.

But yeah, it seems to me that just letting the kid stay with them would be such a more practical solution on every level. I'm not saying give him full rein, a gun, and turn your back on him. But give him a chance to earn their trust, at least. I guess the writers feel that solution wouldn't be edgy enough, though.

Also, where was everyone else in the cast? Glenn, Dale, Darryl, T-Dog, Hershel, and Carol never appeared in this episode.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Also, where was everyone else in the cast? Glenn, Dale, Darryl, T-Dog, Hershel, and Carol never appeared in this episode.
    They were off in their trailers having coffee and donuts with some zombie friends.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Lori's a lot better at talking to and motivating/conforting people than she is at other things (like say, driving), she generally made good sense this episode.

We had some good walker scenes this time, between the "ZOMG! Walkers!" moment of them coming out of the window en masse, and Rick shooting a walker through another walker.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2012-02-27 at 09:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

So this episode has me even more angry at the writers.

Glen seems like a great canadate to go & drop the kid off, he is the "going into town" expert after all. But no, they had to have Shane & Rick by themselves, so that they can start fighting. Then the most useless person in the group has to get into an arguement with the most annoying person in the group because the farm girl wants to suicide.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anderlith View Post
    Glen seems like a great canadate to go & drop the kid off, he is the "going into town" expert after all. But no, they had to have Shane & Rick by themselves, so that they can start fighting. Then the most useless person in the group has to get into an arguement with the most annoying person in the group because the farm girl wants to suicide.
    Given that Rick specifically mentioned how he wanted the chance to talk to Shane about stuff, I'm betting he just said he'd go and asked Shane to come along.