New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Masks Temple

I suppose eventually Xifra figures out that Salome likes the idea.

Probably sometime much later, Xifra asks Salome what it was like, being transformed.
    Masks Temple

Salome has to stop holding Mistress in order to keep thinking hard, to keep from being distracted. "Its..." It's obvious that she's struggling hard to keep her train of thought. "Like...being with you. But..but without the nightmares. Serenity, bliss...pleasure." She says, shuddering before the fog creeps back in for the moment, making her nuzzle her Mistress.

Corner Cafe

Harnel won't be stopped by Jezebel.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere in Red Zone

"Hm, that sounds like a fine place. I'll check it out."

There is a pause. She thinks about it. She's a fiend, and does not need to eat, but...

"Well, I'm not real hungry, but I could eat."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Masks Temple

Xifra does her best to comfort Salome. "You have nightmares?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks Temple

Salome shakes her head, being brought back a bit by the similar topic. "No, yours."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Masks Temple

Xifra hugs Salome tightly, tears coming to her eyes. She had never been loved before Salome, and it still surprised her sometimes, how wonderful and yet how frightening it was to have someone care. "I'm going to get rid of them. All of them. And when they're all gone, when I'm completely clean, I'll be yours. Always."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Somewhere in Red Zone

Alysha claps her hands together in glee. Well, let's go to Trog's Tavern then! They have good nachos.

Alysha will eagerly lead the way to Trog's. As long as Connie follows.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #127

Outside the Den

"Wait, are those- Jasper has just enough time to register that yes, those are dinosaurs, before being clawed in the face, the raptor's claws tearing three bloody lines across his flesh. Screaming, he staggers back, firing three quick shots at the offending raptor.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Private Sector - Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - Offices - 27th Floor]

Spoilered Due To The Length Of This Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hell yeah! I finally tracked down the 20871th ranked assassin! I'm going to fill you with more holes than a slice of swiss cheese!"

"Real original. You manage to come up with that all by yourself or did you hire someone to type up a script for you?"

"You think you're-"

"Next time try to use your imagination. Cook up something novel. For example, when you next brawl you might try something along the lines of, 'Once I've finished with you, the mortician won't even be able to tell which set of limbs were your arms.' It's not great, but neither are you."

"Don't cut me-"

"That was poor word choice on my part. I apologize. I should have said 'if you live to brawl again,' not 'when you next brawl'."

"Prepare to-"

"Moving on, I won't be able to comply with your whole 'Don't cut me off.' request. You're well-aware of the rules of the game if you've made it this far. I plan on cutting you off. I intend to be cutting you off from your arms and your legs and your-"

"Shut up you-"

The room itself is barely even worth mentioning. Just soulless office space. A heavy, rectangular oak desk is stationed in the center of the room. It doesn't even appear as though the vibrant red room is in use anymore. The only reason there is so much as an empty desk in this chamber is that the handyman was a obtuse slob that never did much. He evidently didn't feel as though he was receiving enough compensation to risk injuring his precious, weak, bony, discolored back while performing any given part of his job. Even limbering up before making use of the company gym was an unnecessary hazard in that man's book. It doesn't matter much now. I seriously doubt that he'll be successful in feeling anything ever again, let alone making any conscious or subconscious decisions that require so much as a single synapse firing.

"-loser!"

Two...men (it's no easy task to discern even the genders of these beings in this lack of light so I may be a tad too presumptuous in drawing this conclusion as of yet) face each other in this deserted room. One wears a pair of transition eyeglasses, darkened from the glare of the sun bearing down upon him with the dusty glass panes comprising one entire wall of the arena acting as the sun's intermediary for the whole of this process. The other sports a set of motorcyclist's goggles.

"Otaku freak!"

The spectacled man's hair isn't styled at all. That is not to say that the bounty of "ebony coils of rope" protruding from the top of his head aren't fashionable or groomed. The hair is simply too short to do much (if anything) with. At a length of a half an 3 centimeters give or take, it isn't much hair at all. Dwelling in a callously cold environment wouldn't be very feasible with that clod atop one's scalp. Speaking of clods...

"You'd be better off dead!"

The other man. Mister Goggles. His hair is cringing underneath an ancient kevlar helmet that might just date back to the 4th World War. It is an antiquated hunk of junk, jammed upon this man's bulbous noggin purely for aesthetic reasons. Conceited jerk. If only his head were full of something of more substance than blurbs of selfish nonsense and piping hot nitrogen dioxide in the gaseous state.

"You talk too much. I'm starting to feel woozy with oxygen deprivation. Bring it on already!"

Spec's right hand springs upward as he draws the light-katana he'd been edging his hand ever so closer to for the past minute or so. When the tip of his middle finger rested upon the still warm hilt of sinner's metal wrapped in strips of leather for insulation and gauze for grip, he knew he'd have sufficient time to prepare should the other combatant, Mister Goggles, recklessly charge him. In the piercing, white glow of the tempered, heathen's metal blade, superheated to an extent where it gained laser-like qualities, shed its blessed light on the curves and ridges of...her form? The lighting in this room was quite dim... That changes nothing! The albino girl with sleek, aerodynamic, and shapely qualities that one might find irresistible were it not for the girl's cutthroat mentality smirks at the other, who draws a gun on her without any measure of hesitation. With as much agility as he can muster the man brings his arm level with Spec's skull, only to find his Uzi missing along with his hand. He clutches his stump and begins to whimper and blubber.

"M-M-Mercy!"

He cries. The girl's blade quite obviously doesn't cauterize wounds all that well, despite being the metal being superheated. That can trait of the weapon can be attributed to the way the metal begins to react when bodily fluids are introduced to said reaction. When heathen's metal comes into contact with most fluids, it begins to supercool a split second later.

"We already covered this. You know the rules of the game. You chose to play it. You lost. Therefore-"

The long-legged (5'8") teenage girl with the voice of an angel, with great alacrity, moves to step behind the man and impale him all the way up to the hilt of her blade in a most devastating and bold fashion. She succeeds with ease. She doesn't allot the man the time required to react to her statement, let alone her tactical maneuvering or assault. Moments later, the man tumbles to the floor, as dead as is humanly possible.

"-you die."

The girl's foreboding shadow flickers for a solitary moment as she deactivates her light-katana, Uilexese, before it is absorbed once again by the shadows from whence it first found form.

Now to make the death more public so that the observers might learn of her work more easily.

Spec takes hold of the corpse and chucks it out the window without any qualms concerning the concept of dishonoring the dead. The glass shatters with a pleasing crash, fragments making not a noise as they collide with the fibrous, blue carpet. Beautiful. That is the first word to hack its way to the forefront of "deranged" Spec's mind.

A satisfied grin stitches itself into every quark of the girl's face. She lives on another day and another noob expires. How ideal! She's one step closer to pinpointing the location of 20870. After Spec slays 20870, she'll rank up. The very thought of ranking up thrills the girl to no end. It quashes her inhibitions and stimulates a sort of giddy feeling residing deep within her. It's what she paid for. It's what they paid for. Spec knows that someday, she'll meet her match, but she is determined to leave a bloody legacy in her wake for all gamers to aspire to! Thank the powers that be for the UG-ASF!

((Interaction wanted. The body falling out of the building should be enough of a hint that something has indubitably gone awry.))
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-20 at 11:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Masks Temple

Xifra hugs Salome tightly, tears coming to her eyes. She had never been loved before Salome, and it still surprised her sometimes, how wonderful and yet how frightening it was to have someone care. "I'm going to get rid of them. All of them. And when they're all gone, when I'm completely clean, I'll be yours. Always."
    Masks Temple

Salome's heart throbs at her words and she threatens to burst into joyful tears. She instead kisses Mistress hard before replying. "You can get rid of the nightmares, Mistress. I know it." She says, never even entertaining the thought of doubt in Mistress.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Private Sector - Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - Streets]

The hooded figure below registered the crash, as she was walking back from Mornstar Park. A quick look up confirmed her suspicions - something or someone had jumped, fallen, or been pushed through a window.

Well. This promised to make for interesting memories.

Kiatali Tem-Nirial, co-ruler of the Triumvirate, activated her modifications and blurred into motion, going to climb the side of the building as fast as she could.

((By the way, the runes from the ritual in Mornstar Park are still there, if you want someone to find them. There's actually a residual black glow, too, if you go there at night...))

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Private Sector -Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - Streets]

Spec (whose actual name is Meere Millra Malificent) pays no attention to the creature scaling the side of the office building. She is preoccupied fiddling with the screen implanted inside of her left forearm located roughly an inch below her wrist to notice such a trivial thing. She is attempting to search for another ranked assassin in the near vicinity, but her report on this area is vague and utterly useless. This shouldn't be happening! The game wouldn't malfunction. Not like this, anyway.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

The Trium continues to rapidly scale the wall, likely arriving in the next post. She wonders what she'll find. Perhaps a crowd of office workers, clustered around the point where he jumped? Or maybe someone staring down, perhaps holding a swivel chair in horror, having seen it used in a desperate attempt to stop his tumble through the glass, and down to the unforgiving pavement below. Possibly even somebody looking down with a satisfied expression, having watched the mans descent, and confident that no-one had seen them push him.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Miss Malificent begins to tap the display of her UGW-T (the machine embedded in her left forearm). The machine hasn't malfunctioned. At least, the diagnostics suggest that it hasn't done so as of yet. This is quite the vexing issue. Spec is essentially "blind" without the aid of her Universal Gamers' Wrist-Tool. If she is blind for any length of time in this game, then she probably won't survive for any significant amount of time, unless she begins to rely on her prior experience to surmise the locations of the other assassins and detect their presences.

"Blasted, faulty machine!"

Spec mutters in a distinctly irked tone. If only the inoperative machine weren't lodged within her arm. She would enjoy flinging it at the wall a few times to let loose some steam

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

The nano-tech altered, and rune covered, woman slips in just in time to hear this, and says "Excuse me? Not only am I only mostly machine, I'd say I'm doing quite well, to have climbed that distance in such a short time."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

Upon hearing Kiatali's voice, Spec's hand darts to her light-katana. The action is driven by equal parts surprise and habit. She whirls about her center to the right, halting only after she has Kiatali directly in her sights, if that is at all possible. Her light-katana crackles to life, the strangely hollow blade promptly readied by the energy rushing through it from the hilt. The intense white light of the blade brightens the room instantly. The light change wouldn't be enough to do much more than unsettle the average human.

How did that girl pull off the stunt of sneaking up on her? She must have entered by means of the window. Normal people couldn't pull themselves up a vertical, smooth, and delicate surface just like that.

The girl who looms before Spec must be a ranked assassin! Where is her UGW-T? She can't be a player if she lacks a UGW-T. Better safe than sorry. Assume the worst that she'll be fortified against it and all that.

"What's your rank, assassin?"

Spec growls. She seriously has her doubts as to the legality of this match under the rules and regulations of the UG-ASF, but she could always use more practice. Practice is the only way to develop skill in this game. Skill wields, frankly, great import in Spec's eccentric system of values. One cannot "win" without it! And for "losing" a duel? One is better off dead!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-21 at 05:50 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

The cloak falls away from Kiatali, revealing that much of her body is nano-tech or high-grade macro-tech implants, all runed and warded.

"Trium."

Her right hand shifts to a blade.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Underbed

Without Jack paying attention to it, the box of shadows fades away slowly...

"So...how's the demon chick going to help us?"

Grey ZOne Park

Two be pirates jump in the way and are scattered into swarms whilst Captain Yellowjacket pulls herself up and wearily aims her flintlock laser at Talin and aims as best she can.
    She pulls the trigger.

FZZSHEEEW!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Underbed]

Kyinde looked around, grateful to be free, and started to walk towards the outside of the city... Then she collapsed. Her exhaustion, which she hadn't noticed in her desperate situation, had finally caught up with her.

At some point, she needed to find a way out, report this, and probably get her injuries treated, but that could wait. For now, she just lay on the ground waiting for her strength to return.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

The high priest of Bast... has fallen asleep.
    Neme Hat Reinholdt in his cat form is sleeping on a cushion. Mmm... warm cushion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #140

Underbed

Ivaz notices Kyinde leaving, and smirks a little. Then she turns back to Jack.

Well, Dee here knows where something is. I know she does. She leans in close to Demon Queen's face, who is still in her demon form, struggling against the shadows holding her. And you're gonna tell me where she is. Ivaz gently wipes some blood from Demon Queen's forehead.

Grey Zone Park

Syra watches her opponents, ready to strike.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Don't worry about it. It was no problem; I was summoning it anyway. It's probably the cheapest way to get diamonds to bring back clerics." And it's an on-screen method, which for something like a diamond I prefer. "Anyway, I'm going to have shower and get changed. There's a sermon in a bit; would you like to attend?" Terrowin stretches again and leaves, headed for his bedroom. Or rather, the bathroom beyond it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Kail thinks about that for a moment. she knows that pregnant women ca sometimes have complications, among other things. It wouldn't hurt to be surrounded by clerics for a while. Besides, from what Terrowin had told of Dalachrech, he might be the sort of demon prince Kail could grow to like, "Alright, I'll stay for it."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Somewhere in Red Zone

Alysha claps her hands together in glee. Well, let's go to Trog's Tavern then! They have good nachos.

Alysha will eagerly lead the way to Trog's. As long as Connie follows.
    Connie will follow, no problem! She's already been there, but the only one there that interacted with her was some mute fey. And she wasn't in disguise then, so no worries about anyone asking her about the broken table.

Nachos... sounds interesting. She may have to try that.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Justin hated himself for about a split-second, but then he thought, Hey, talking car. He puts a foot in the cab before dramatically pointing at the target car and yelling, "Follow that car!" He then steps fully into the taxi.

He also buckles up. Safety first!

This is a car from the 1920s.

It doesn't have any seat-belts.

Anywho!

The talking taxi peels out for a few seconds before zooming off after the bag guys! The bad guys seem to realize what's going on pretty quickly as the top of the car in front of them suddenly opens up and a mobster pops out holding a tommy gun!

The man opens fire, spraying the whole area with cartoony bullets!

Not sure if those things are actually lethal or not.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Excellent. If you want to change, see if Gertrude has any spare clothes. They're not likely to fit you, but if you wear them it won't be as obvious that they're borrowed as mine would be." Gertrude is the six-and-a-half foot tall handsome woman with long red hair and green eyes that don't quite match human shades.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Talina tries to reach around behind herself, and gently shift Nycca around so that the fey is on her front.
    [Streets]
    She giggles, hanging from her best friend.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

Now that Nycca is in front of her, Talina tries to pull the fey into a tight hug, though she's careful not to crush the bat-woman's wings.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    She hugs back, wondering exactly why they're doing this on the streets.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

Becasue it was spontaneous; Talina was quite happy with Nycca, and wanted to show it.

"Thanks for inviting me to go with you. When are you planning on seeing them next?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    She smiles.
    Not sure. I'll have to check.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show